Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Number 10 party story is really cutting through to voters – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,894
    edited December 2021
    Have we covered the new poll showing Labout 8 points ahead?

Focalpoll

CON: 33%
    LAB: 41%
    LD: 7%
    GRN: 6%
    SNP: 5%
    PC: 1%
    OTHER: 1%
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Labour lead doubles to 8 points in a day with YouGov.

A YouGov poll last night found that Labour had extended its lead over the Tories from four points to eight points in the space of 24 hours. It represents the Conservatives’ worst poll rating since July 2017, in the aftermath of Theresa May’s disastrous election campaign.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/new-covid-restrictions-to-slow-spread-of-omicron-variant-mp0rnqwlk

So still not 10 points ahead then despite the papers now relentless obsession with producing daily polls to push an agenda
    LAB may well end up 15% clear soon. But for them to be seen as a realistic alternative government they need to keep a decent lead up to the next GE and that is up to three years away.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

A YouGov poll last night found that Labour had extended its lead over the Tories from four points to eight points in the space of 24 hours. It represents the Conservatives’ worst poll rating since July 2017, in the aftermath of Theresa May’s disastrous election campaign.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/new-covid-restrictions-to-slow-spread-of-omicron-variant-mp0rnqwlk

So still not 10 points ahead then despite the papers now relentless obsession with producing daily polls to push an agenda
    Utter hilarity.

First it was, why is Labour not ahead.

Then when Labour was ahead, it was why isn't Labour ahead by 5 points.

Now Labour is ahead by 8 points, it's why isn't Labour ahead by 10 points.

If this is the attitude of the Tory Party, Starmer should just and wait and he'll walk into Downing Street with no effort at all.
    Utter hilarity.

Jeremy Corbyn and Ed Miliband both had 10% leads, and you think Starmer is nailed to walk into Downing Street due to an 8% one? A lead worse than Jeremy frigging Corbyn achieved???

Its not bad for him to be in the lead now, but its a 'necessary but not sufficient condition'. Hubris doesn't get you very far.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,474
    pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Wasn't Jess Phillips good on HIGNFY!

Following the Johnson path to Downing Street?
    I suspect that BoJo has screwed that particular pooch for anyone trying to follow that path.

But here's a what-if to consider.

Suppose Boris had decided to remain a colourful backbench MP for Henley. Free to go on the telly and say outrageous stuff, to make oodles of money writing. Close enough to power to give it a shove, maybe even solve a real problem sometimes. Glamour without too much responsibility.

It's not what he has wanted all his life, he couldn't have done it. I know that.
    But he might have been happier if he had.
    These epitaphs feel a tad premature. Boris is not stupid, and he is a wily campaigner. As his many lefty opponents have realised

And he now gets basically a month off as politics closes down and Christmas-with-Covid takes over, again
    It'll be fascinating to see whether yet another lockdown causes the Government's popularity to shoot straight back up (the elderly core vote celebrating) or crash through the floor (as most of us conclude that they're a complete waste of space.) I genuinely have no idea which way the country is going to jump.

Not that it really matters in the great scheme of things. We're screwed regardless.
    You've now leap-frogged me into too much pessimism! After scoffing at me for weeks

Don't be so despairing, I reckon this next wave will be bad, but it will also be short. That's OMICRON THE PREMATURE EJACULATOR

It will zzzip through the country in short order. And then there is a reasonable expectation that we will be over the worst, forever (or at least until the next pandemic out of China)

Ten weeks? Twelve? It is do-able. Grim, but do-able
  • Options
    Ben Wood seems like an articulate chap. One to watch for future?
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052

Deepti Gurdasani
    @dgurdasani1
    ·
    2h
    Worth remembering that when a variant is doubling every 3 days, even if the hospitalisation rate is half another variant's, that would literally just buy you another 3 days, by which time it'd have the same impact because of doubling of cases.

Does that assume the amount of the other variant stays the same?
  • Options

Useful summary chart from Topol:

He's prematurely optimistic about hospitalisations. Otherwise a good summary
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,907
    Roger said:

The Tories can still go lower than this. Maybe 28-29%.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986

Deepti Gurdasani
    @dgurdasani1
    ·
    2h
    Worth remembering that when a variant is doubling every 3 days, even if the hospitalisation rate is half another variant's, that would literally just buy you another 3 days, by which time it'd have the same impact because of doubling of cases.

I doubt it'll keep doubling every 2 days, delta has never hit a true SEIR model herd immunity threshold, instead it's gone into seemingly random peaks and troughs.
    Omicron will do the same, the big question is at what infection level.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,408
    Pippa Crerar on Newsnight saying she thinks there are more revelations on the party(ies) to come.
  • Options
    If the Tories drop into the 20s then we're onwards for 1997 repeat
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Pippa Crerar on Newsnight saying she thinks there are more revelations on the party(ies) to come.

They have photos of Johnson at one of these parties, I am sure of it
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995
    maaarsh said:

maaarsh said:

Mail:

That 70% is against symptomatic disease, so will be deep in to the 90s for hospital, and we've boostered 22m covering the vast majority of the vulnerable.

Still looks like a very high bar for Omicron to beat or even near Delta's hospital numbers from last Jan when there was effectively no vaccination.
    Yep. But a small % of the non boosted when the non-boosted is in the tens of millions means shit for NHS already on the floor.

SAGE will get their lockdown.
    The non boostered are under 50 without underlying conditions- if they're not obese, their hospital odds are negligible.

Last January it was ~100% unvaccinated. We have every reason to expect a significantly better outcome.
    I'm not. Don't start this again. Not everyone over 50 who wants a booster has had one.
    I'm 55 and the first one I was offered was Wednesday.
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132
    HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

I suspect that BoJo has screwed that particular pooch for anyone trying to follow that path.

Suppose Boris had decided to remain a colourful backbench MP for Henley. Free to go on the telly and say outrageous stuff, to make oodles of money writing. Close enough to power to give it a shove, maybe even solve a real problem sometimes. Glamour without too much responsibility.

It's not what he has wanted all his life, he couldn't have done it. I know that.
    These epitaphs feel a tad premature. Boris is not stupid, and he is a wily campaigner. As his many lefty opponents have realised

And he now gets basically a month off as politics closes down and Christmas-with-Covid takes over, again
    It'll be fascinating to see whether yet another lockdown causes the Government's popularity to shoot straight back up (the elderly core vote celebrating) or crash through the floor (as most of us conclude that they're a complete waste of space.) I genuinely have no idea which way the country is going to jump.

Not that it really matters in the great scheme of things. We're screwed regardless.
    It seems based on that Times link that thankfully the government is doing all it can to avoid another lockdown
    The Government doesn't know its arse from its elbow.

Anyway, one more round of SAGE modelling projections showing all the hospitals burning to the ground in January and that'll probably be that. Based on the always expect the worst hypothesis of Covid, I'm going for a new lockdown being announced on the previously trailed review date on the 18th, to try to stamp on the plague by cancelling Christmas. But if they "only" go so far as masks and vaxports virtually everywhere, that approach won't survive for more than a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,052
    The polls are not terrible for the Tories but the satisfying thing is how self inflicted their slump has been.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,894

Blair inherited a massive lead, Starmer is creating one all by himself

Anyone who thinks Starmer is creating a massive lead rather than inheriting one due to Johnsons idiocy is just plain wrong.

He is still behind on best PM in one poll today, incredibly.
  • Options
    Boris may well resign after the absolute battering I have a feeling they're going to get in North Shropshire.
    I mean he might not, but it'll be the mood music after that and relying on Labour votes for more restrictions.
  • Options

Anyone who thinks Starmer is creating a massive lead rather than inheriting one due to Johnsons idiocy is just plain wrong.

Me thinks that is a lagging indicator.
  • Options

Do you still want him to resign despite being 8 points ahead?
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,296

Deepti Gurdasani
    @dgurdasani1
    ·
    2h

Also worth remembering that that the doubling rate is set in stone and will always be every three days...

Something not being much mentioned - about three times more re-infection than delta, but still not a huge number. And reinfection will most likely be milder than the first infection.

PB has been depressing tonight. I think, and suspect, that 99% of the country are just getting on with life, and not endlessly worrying about things which probably won’t happen.

Off to bed shortly, and then the joy/misery of waking and finding the cricket score/result...
    Then park run with my 76 year old mother. Living life to the full, not cowering from shadows.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Utter hilarity.

If this is the attitude of the Tory Party, Starmer should just and wait and he'll walk into Downing Street with no effort at all.
    Any other leader would be ahead by 20% they said.
  • Options
    Leon said:

darkage said:

Andy_JS said:

darkage said:

Looking at the circumstantial evidence I think a lockdown is inevitable. Harder and more brutal than previous ones. They know that the new variant spreads exponentially, and there will be a non trivial hospitalisation and death rate, so we are back to 'stay home, save lives, save the NHS' etc.

Let's hope not.
    We can hope not; but I think it is inevitable as we now know how it all works politically.

The only difference is that this time around a large proportion of people will rise up against lockdown. A large minority. It could really destablise the entire political establishment, as all the main parties are pro lockdown and following the 'science'.
    Remember my friend's - cue spooky music - prediction.

Farage MP within the year, PM within three years

*chilled spines everywhere*
    Imagine Farage and Trump in charge at the same time.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,793
    Leon said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

You've now leap-frogged me into too much pessimism! After scoffing at me for weeks

Don't be so despairing, I reckon this next wave will be bad, but it will also be short. That's OMICRON THE PREMATURE EJACULATOR

It will zzzip through the country in short order. And then there is a reasonable expectation that we will be over the worst, forever (or at least until the next pandemic out of China)

Chinese viruses are crap. Even the Kent variant beats their feeble effort, and the Indian version clobbered both, then all three were made feeble by the African version.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

It seems based on that Times link that thankfully the government is doing all it can to avoid another lockdown
    Which, let it be noted, a Labour government would not

ALL Labour's instincts - like Sturgeon's up north - are to control, lock down, be safe, nanny the people, increase the debt, furlough the poor nurses, oh the poor migrants, don't be mean to poor "communities" who don't understand injections, blah blah fucking blah, fuck off

The Tories need to rediscover some spine, STOP having bloody parties during a lockdown yet resist the communists on SAGE who want to overturn society and put us in masks forever. This can still be a winning position
  • Options

Roger said:

Didn't know you were Dyslexic

Presumably that should read Jess Phillips wasn't good on HIGNFY
    Don't be bitter. It might just be a blip. There's still time for Johnson to turn it round
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    IanB2 said:

Yeah, well, show, don't tell, Pippa.
  • Options
    Leon said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Will we be lucky enough that lockdowns don't work against it? The notion that we might have a massive death spike and then be out the other side of this nightmare, rather than living the nightmare for five or ten more years and then having the massive death spike anyway, seems too good to be true.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Dom hasn't got this far into the game without a wizard card.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,904
    BJO did you Starmer at PMQs?
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,602

On topic: there was a boris downing street Christmas party joke at the sunderland panto ffs

Gives me the idea they will sing about these events in Nursery Rhymes in 600 years time. Like Humpty Dumpty the Cavalier Cannon.

Humpty Dumpty had a Great Ball
    Humpty Dumpty had a Great Fall

Or something better obviously, full of subconscious, hooded wink meaning.

Do we are have collective skills on PB to invent that nursery rhyme?

Which tune to copy? Is Boris associated to a particular tune?
  • Options
    edited December 2021

@bigjohnowls @Philip_Thompson @HYUFD your boy is taking one hell of a beating!

It's like losing your girl to Derek from accounts 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Utter hilarity.

bigjohnowls
    26th January 2022.

I see Labour are only 21 points ahead. Any other leader would be 30 points ahead.
  • Options
    Amusing stuff from Marina Hyde

Still, here he comes – Shagatha Christie, trying to deduce what the hell has happened this week.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1469370138441003010

Sorry, 20% of the Tory Party thinks BoJo should resign? That is horrendous
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

it's a temporary phenomena. Corbyn was ahead by 8 points in 2017 and again by 6 points in July 2019 didn't stop Labour getting beaten by Boris.

• Options

Is that Tory members or voters?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,131

No it isn't when you consider over a third of Tory members voted for Hunt not Boris
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

it's a temporary phenomena. Corbyn was ahead by 8 points in 2017 and again by 6 points in July 2019 didn't stop Labour getting beaten by Boris.

You've lost the plot
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,408
    Pulpstar said:

Still, here he comes – Shagatha Christie, trying to deduce what the hell has happened this week.

There was simply no other place a Johnson government would ever end up but mired in rampant lies, chaos, negligence, financial sponging and the live evisceration of public service. To the Conservatives and media outriders somehow only now discovering this about their guy, I think we have to say: you ordered this. Now eat it.
  • Options
    Dr Duncan Robertson
    @Dr_D_Robertson
    ·
    2m
    R for Omicron in England is estimated to be 3.7 (between 3.3 and 4.2).

This means that each person who is infected with Omicron goes on to infect *3.7* more.

Even with a highly vaccinated population (although one where most have not been boosted).
  • Options

IanB2 said:

The Mirror has been teasing more all week, me thinks some more tasty stuff is coming up shortly.

I am sure they have evidence implicating BoJo
  • Options
    Foxy said:

He is taking less of a beating than Cameron did to Ed Miliband or Thatcher did to Kinnock midterm and certainly less than Major did to Blair
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Roger said:

The Tories can still go lower than this. Maybe 28-29%.
    Can someone make sure BJO isn't alone?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,416
    Pulpstar said:

Deepti Gurdasani
    @dgurdasani1
    ·
    2h

I doubt it'll keep doubling every 2 days, delta has never hit a true SEIR model herd immunity threshold, instead it's gone into seemingly random peaks and troughs.
    A lot of people seem very spooked even before hospital admissions have started going up. This will slow it down a bit, and we can expect more behaviour modification if/when the hospital numbers start to rise again.

Assuming that most people's Christmas/Boxing Day gatherings go ahead as planned, that's likely to lead to a huge amount of spread - we saw that with Ireland last winter - and so likely more caution from the general population in the New Year.

It is selfish of me, but my main concern is that no major additional restrictions are brought in before I get to see my daughter in Bath next weekend. It has been eight months since we saw her.
  • Options

Dr Duncan Robertson
    @Dr_D_Robertson
    ·
    4h
    We will not reach one million cases per day.

Because we don't have PCR capacity for one million cases per day.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

The Mirror has been teasing more all week, me thinks some more tasty stuff is coming up shortly.

I am sure they have evidence implicating BoJo
    If they have he will surely be gone.

Careful what you wish for a full blown Thatcherite will be next.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

He is taking less of a beating than Cameron did to Ed Miliband or Thatcher did to Kinnock midterm and certainly less than Major did to Blair
    Give him a few weeks!

Do you seriously expect Johnson to come back from this? He now has the negative Midas touch. Every contact just creates more shit.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Leon said:

HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

ALL Labour's instincts - like Sturgeon's up north - are to control, lock down, be safe, nanny the people, increase the debt, furlough the poor nurses, oh the poor migrants, don't be mean to poor "communities" who don't understand injections, blah blah fucking blah, fuck off

The Tories need to rediscover some spine, STOP having bloody parties during a lockdown yet resist the communists on SAGE who want to overturn society and put us in masks forever. This can still be a winning position
    Indeed, it suits Labour and the SNP to have eternal lockdowns. As the more they can shrink the private sector and expand dependency on the state, the bigger their pool of potential voters will be
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244

Pulpstar said:

Deepti Gurdasani
    @dgurdasani1
    ·
    2h

A lot of people seem very spooked even before hospital admissions have started going up. This will slow it down a bit, and we can expect more behaviour modification if/when the hospital numbers start to rise again.

Assuming that most people's Christmas/Boxing Day gatherings go ahead as planned, that's likely to lead to a huge amount of spread - we saw that with Ireland last winter - and so likely more caution from the general population in the New Year.

It is selfish of me, but my main concern is that no major additional restrictions are brought in before I get to see my daughter in Bath next weekend. It has been eight months since we saw her.
    Cobra Kai returns on NYE. That will keep the numbers down.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,574

The polls are not terrible for the Tories but the satisfying thing is how self inflicted their slump has been.

I'm assuming that the 'not' in your sentence is a gremlin?
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot
    (I think he's lost more than the plot)
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot
    No you are getting carried away with a temporary bounce.

When push comes to shove people won't vote for the guy with no personality who is equal to Boris on the lying front.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

There was simply no other place a Johnson government would ever end up but mired in rampant lies, chaos, negligence, financial sponging and the live evisceration of public service. To the Conservatives and media outriders somehow only now discovering this about their guy, I think we have to say: you ordered this. Now eat it.
    One has to say, when the history books are written, there has probably never been another PM whose personal characteristics and flaws determined his premiership more.

But of course with Johnson there is nothing else. Everything is his cartoon personality.
  • Options
    Leon said:

maaarsh said:

ydoethur said:

Alistair said:

I am 8 days away from my booster appointment. I would like things to hold off. Thanks.

Any word on when under-40s will be eligible yet? This delay is getting ridiculous. Moreover, it's counterproductive. The faster everyone is eligible the less likely a major fourth wave is.
    13th was the date they claimed the speed up announced 2 weeks ago. But frankly, far better for them to focus on over 40s, no many in their 30s are going to be worse off than feeling a bit rough.
    Germany did over a million jabs today. This is another rank failure by HMG in comparison

We should have been all over this. We weren't
    Well, people in Germany don't exactly have a choice about whether or not to have the jab.
  • Options

I know. What's wrong with the other 80%?
  • Options

Deepti Gurdasani
    @dgurdasani1
    ·
    2h

Also worth remembering that that the doubling rate is set in stone and will always be every three days...

Something not being much mentioned - about three times more re-infection than delta, but still not a huge number. And reinfection will most likely be milder than the first infection.

PB has been depressing tonight. I think, and suspect, that 99% of the country are just getting on with life, and not endlessly worrying about things which probably won’t happen.

Off to bed shortly, and then the joy/misery of waking and finding the cricket score/result...
    Then park run with my 76 year old mother. Living life to the full, not cowering from shadows.
    Not worrying about things that probably WILL happen (but might not if we're very lucky) is much easier said than done.

Living life to the full will be considerably more difficult if your parkrun gets cancelled, along with absolutely everything else outside the confines of your home that you enjoy doing, and every event you've been looking forward to attending, for months on end.

Personally I'm getting out and doing all this stuff whilst I still can, but once the lockdown jackboot stamps on us all again then it doesn't much matter how much I miss it or how much I might be tempted to disregard all these rules. You can't extend the middle finger in the general direction of the Government by going to events organised by clubs you belong to, or dining out in your favourite restaurant, if all of these organisations and businesses have had to close for fear of prosecution.

Basically, unless you have any family and friends who have also had enough and are willing to keep socialising regardless in each other's homes, you're stuck back in March 2020 or January 2021 again.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

Utter hilarity.

bigjohnowls
    26th January 2022.

I see Labour are only 21 points ahead. Any other leader would be 30 points ahead.
    Blair would be 90 points ahead by now with this clown as PM.
  • Options
    Delighted to hear that there will be an Ashes Test match in Tasmania for the first time ever. That's a really good idea rather than just putting it back in the MCG again. Really great to have a State that never gets the opportunity to host the Ashes, to be able to do so this time. 👍
  • Options

On topic: there was a boris downing street Christmas party joke at the sunderland panto ffs

Gives me the idea they will sing about these events in Nursery Rhymes in 600 years time. Like Humpty Dumpty the Cavalier Cannon.

I always think of the music that Benny Hill ran around to chasing girls with big chests.*

* under 40 year olds - please see you line manager or tutor if you are feeling upset by what happened on TV in the past.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

No need to tag me in that, Boris lost my support months ago. I even did a thread header at the time!
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995
    edited December 2021
    Just got my PCR results back. Both me and eldest positive. No surprise. Wonderfully efficient system!
    Told us to isolate for 10 days from first symptoms... could either of us remember? We couldn't recall what we did at the weekend even. Had to check texts to find out. It was like something from 10 years ago that comes up as a Facebook memory.
    Oh yes! Had a negative test on Friday cos I had a sore throat and was working in the shop. Couldn't remember I'd been working!
    Went to two classes on Sunday and Monday. Buggered if I can remember what we studied. Didn't feel I was at all out of it at the time though.
    Neither of us feel ill now. But COVID brain fog is something to behold.
    Total discombobulation.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Leon said:

HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Indeed, it suits Labour and the SNP to have eternal lockdowns. As the more they can shrink the private sector and expand dependency on the state, the bigger their pool of potential voters will be
    Gosh, that's almost QAnon level conspiracy. Starmer announces permanent lockdown, compulsory council housing, and nationalisation of all industries to shrink the private sector and win the GE. I can't quite see it myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

maaarsh said:

ydoethur said:

Alistair said:

I am 8 days away from my booster appointment. I would like things to hold off. Thanks.

Any word on when under-40s will be eligible yet? This delay is getting ridiculous. Moreover, it's counterproductive. The faster everyone is eligible the less likely a major fourth wave is.
    13th was the date they claimed the speed up announced 2 weeks ago. But frankly, far better for them to focus on over 40s, no many in their 30s are going to be worse off than feeling a bit rough.
    Germany did over a million jabs today. This is another rank failure by HMG in comparison

We should have been all over this. We weren't
    Well, people in Germany don't exactly have a choice about whether or not to have the jab.
    I don't think Germany has introduced general mandatory vaccines
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,028
    I'm old enough to remember when the pb.com tories were strumming themselves off over the perspicacity of UKG allowing the 'exit wave' to happen in the summer as opposed to the Europeans who would be having their 'exit wave' in the winter.
  • Options
    Leon said:

HYUFD said:

pigeon said:

Leon said:

Roger said:

Weren't you saying the hospitals will be totally overrun with the dead in car parks whilst we chew on rats tails about an hour ago unless something is done?
  • Options

I always think of the music that Benny Hill ran around to chasing girls with big chests.*

* under 40 year olds - please see you line manager or tutor if you are feeling upset by what happened on TV in the past.
    I have heard of Benny Hill! My brother was watching it on his computer when he was about twelve. 😆
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,086
    I think you are getting a little carried away @CorrectHorseBattery
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

I'm old enough to remember when the pb.com tories were strumming themselves off over the perspicacity of UKG allowing the 'exit wave' to happen in the summer as opposed to the Europeans who would be having their 'exit wave' in the winter.

Cases would be under 10 000 by Christmas.
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot

When push comes to shove people won't vote for the guy with no personality who is equal to Boris on the lying front.
    You had a point when Labour was way behind in the opinion polls.

Now Labour is consistently ahead in the opinion polls, you're making the same point.

Starmer is making better progress than you against the Tories, I think.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Boris may well resign after the absolute battering I have a feeling they're going to get in North Shropshire.
    I mean he might not, but it'll be the mood music after that and relying on Labour votes for more restrictions.

He's lucky it will all happen as we are distracted by the family Christmas celebrations.

Oh wait...
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

One has to say, when the history books are written, there has probably never been another PM whose personal characteristics and flaws determined his premiership more.
    II think the final straw was when he dressed up in a Policeman's uniform.

• Options
    Foxy said:

Dura_Ace said:

Harsh. As Lillico keeps saying - there was the caveat that a mutation did not spring out of nowhere that evaded immunity.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Quite right, it is fantastic that we did that and will put us in a much better stead for the winter. 👍
  • Options
    Roger said:

IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes, that might have been the final moment when the joke was no longer funny.

• Options

I’ve had a quick go. To Elsie Marley

Boris Johnson Ruled Inept
    To the rules he never once kept
    To this old rogue comeuppance crept
    When above the party he soundly slept

The gauntlet is down Sunil. 😘
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Just got my PCR results back. Both me and eldest positive. No surprise. Wonderfully efficient system!
    Told us to isolate for 10 days from first symptoms... could either of us remember? We couldn't recall what we did at the weekend even. Had to check texts to find out. It was like something from 10 years ago that comes up as a Facebook memory.
    Oh yes! Had a negative test on Friday cos I had a sore throat and was working in the shop. Couldn't remember I'd been working!
    Went to two classes on Sunday and Monday. Buggered if I can remember what we studied. Didn't feel I was at all out of it at the time though.
    Total discombobulation.

Sorry to hear this. Get well soon sir.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot

Now Labour is consistently ahead in the opinion polls, you're making the same point.

Consistently ahead for a week! "Starmer is on target for a landslide"

Consistently behind for vast majority of his leadership. "Yeah but Corbyn"
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    14 pages of this now. What are South Africa doing? No lockdown, please get vaccinated.

How do their medical professionals appear? Relatively relaxed in the context of the last 2 years.

You lot and our politicalmedia class need to get a grip.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
    His vaccine status has nothing to do with you ffs
  • Options

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot

You can always go and watch him on the pier at Blackpool doing his Mussolini impersonation
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

The next iteration of patriotic turd polishing will be epic.
  • Options

I’ve had a quick go. To Elsie Marley

Boris Johnson Ruled Inept
    To the rules he never once kept
    To this old rogue comeuppance crept
    When above the party he soundly slept

The gauntlet is down Sunil. 😘
    There was a young man named Farage
    Who once got locked in his garage
    He campaigned so hard
    But let down his guard
    And fell to an electoral barrage!
  • Options
    Roger said:

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot

You can always go and watch him on the pier at Blackpool doing his Mussolini impersonation
    Go and watch who?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Dura_Ace said:

Really

Are you going to treat us to your ludicrous, embarrassing, faeces-flinging fantasies of your exciting, militaristic, motorbiking past-life with a plutocratic suicidal bent even as you crow about not having a jab COS YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT FUCKING TREE FROGS and thereby condemn the rest of of us to another hellish lockdown, and, some of us, death?

Fuck off. Get tae fuck. Fuck the fuck off you appalling fucking fraud. FUCK. OFF.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,904

Yes he is useless.

You've lost the plot

Consistently ahead for a week! "Starmer is on target for a landslide"

Consistently behind for vast majority of his leadership. "Yeah but Corbyn"
    Who is Corbyn?
  • Options
    The odds continue to move in the LDs' favour in North Shropshire.

LD 1.49/ 1.5
    Con 3.05 / 3.1

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics/market/1.190523448
  • Options

Foxy said:

Dura_Ace said:

Harsh. As Lillico keeps saying - there was the caveat that a mutation did not spring out of nowhere that evaded immunity.
    We've never really had an exit wave with delta though. The caveat isn't needed for 10k cases @ christmas to be almost certainly falsifiably incorrect.
  • Options

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
    IT. REALLY. DOES.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
    IT. REALLY. DOES.
    Depends whether or not he ends up blocking a bed. Swift death or recovery works, but being in the ICU for an extended time period with Covid whilst unjabbed is unforgivable.
  • Options

This is what Owen Jones was saying on Twitter today, that Johnson's problems are entirely self-created.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
    IT. REALLY. DOES.
    Depends whether or not he ends up blocking a bed. Swift death or recovery works, but being in the ICU for an extended time period with Covid whilst unjabbed is unforgivable.
    It is entirely unforgiveable. People like this no longer get an opinion. On anything
  • Options

Roger said:

IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes, that might have been the final moment when the joke was no longer funny.

It had something of the last days of Mussolini about it. He looked both sad and ridiculous
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

This is what Owen Jones was saying on Twitter today, that Johnson's problems are entirely self-created.
    So were Corbyn’s
  • Options
    Leon said:

Pulpstar said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

GET A FUCKING JAB

REALLY

ENOUGH
    IT. REALLY. DOES.
    It is entirely unforgiveable. People like this no longer get an opinion. On anything
    Concentrate on yourself rather than sticking your neb into other people’s business
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    SAGE have demanded that this thread is locked down.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,360
    dixiedean said:

Total discombobulation.

Sympathies, but thank you for the wry reports - both interesting and good to see your sense of humour is unaffected. Get better soon!!
  • Options

SAGE have demanded that this thread is locked down.

We comply.
This discussion has been closed.