Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Getting Brexit Done

Comments

• Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815

It has been quite a strange campaign in that there hasn't been the chain letter campaigns (other than the pitiful 40 person one to the Guardian, where half of them aren't even able to vote in the UK), no Panorama specials "exposing" the dodgy backgrounds of the leaders or the soft soap at house with specials and few celebs making personal appearances / making hypocritical campaign videos.

I'm still awaiting instructions from Russel Brand,
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Andy_JS said:

Advice to people planning to spoil their paper: don't leave it completely blank in case someone at the count tries to turn it into a valid vote. Best to do something like voting for all the candidates.

Tempted to draw a phallus on it solely to see which party claims it means a vote for them.
    I like the idea of spoiling my ballot in a way that will entertain when they go through them at the count. However, at that point people are really just concentrating on whether they can claim it or not, so it wouldn't be noticed.

It always amuses me when people say they spoilt their ballot by writing a clever message on it, obviously imagining that people will be reading what they have written and thinking "ooh, good point, that told us!". The number that are actually read by anyone must be tiny.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2019
    camel said:

It has been quite a strange campaign in that there hasn't been the chain letter campaigns (other than the pitiful 40 person one to the Guardian, where half of them aren't even able to vote in the UK), no Panorama specials "exposing" the dodgy backgrounds of the leaders or the soft soap at house with specials and few celebs making personal appearances / making hypocritical campaign videos.

I'm still awaiting instructions from Russel Brand,
    Isn't he confined to the garden shed of his massive country pile these days looking like some weirdo ageing hobo making dull podcasts about stuff he doesn't really understand or just batshit crazy? A lot in common with Dave...
  • Options
    spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,312
    Andy_JS said:

nico67 said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

Weather's going to be foul across much of the country tomorrow. Isn't it about time we allowed on-line voting?

No. If you cant get to the thousands of easily accessible obviously labeled polling stations around the country where they will give you privacy to vote as you see fit and a pencil to mak your mark, then just contact the council and they will arrange for a postal vote for you in future.
    Why is it ok to allow postal votes and not on-line voting?
    I've got zero expertise in this, but my view of the Internet is that there are far too many clever young 'uns who can do stuff with computers who are cleverer than the government.
    Has no-one ever proposed early voting at a smaller number of polling stations for a week or so before the polling date for the UK? It seems to work quite well here in the US and A.
    That would make far too much sense !

Equally I think moving polling day to a Sunday would be a good idea but I can’t see that happening .
    I'd have voting on Saturday and Sunday to maximise turnout.
    It's amazing that we don't have ward level or polling station level counting. I'd reform the system so it's easier for data nerds to make better predictions.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,711
    edited December 2019
    Devastating stuff from Oborne, a lifelong Conservative.

"Something horrible has happened. The Conservative party lies. It cheats. It bullies. It’s not the wise, gentle, decent party of the postwar era.

I wonder whether Boris Johnson and his squalid associates are Conservatives at all. The Conservativism I understand is about public duty, generosity, the instinct to conserve what is good in our society; the importance of the rule of law and of institutions; suspicion of leaps in the dark. I am thinking of the Conservatism of Burke, Lord Salisbury, Oakeshott.

Johnson has become the leader of a project – his adviser Dominic Cummings is an important part of this – to destroy Conservatism. This is why during his brief term as prime minister Boris Johnson has attacked parliament, mocked the rule of law, abused the monarchy, and shown a total disregard for the truth."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/11/boris-johnson-destroy-britain-conservative-revolutionary-sect
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    Andy_JS said:

nico67 said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

Weather's going to be foul across much of the country tomorrow. Isn't it about time we allowed on-line voting?

No. If you cant get to the thousands of easily accessible obviously labeled polling stations around the country where they will give you privacy to vote as you see fit and a pencil to mak your mark, then just contact the council and they will arrange for a postal vote for you in future.
    I've got zero expertise in this, but my view of the Internet is that there are far too many clever young 'uns who can do stuff with computers who are cleverer than the government.
    Has no-one ever proposed early voting at a smaller number of polling stations for a week or so before the polling date for the UK? It seems to work quite well here in the US and A.

Equally I think moving polling day to a Sunday would be a good idea but I can’t see that happening .
    Historically voting took place across several days up to the early 20th century IIRC.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933

From Private Eye.

Blimey, that "prick with a fork" thing was an fake news internet meme about Ainsley Harriot about a decade ago, surpised they have the nerve to copy that
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Sad news. I saw him give a lecture about 10 years ago (which included being very sceptical about climate change).
    Yes he became persona non grata when it became clear that he wasn't fully onboard with climate change, despite being a life long conservationist.
    Very badly treated and a great loss.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

Andy_JS said:

nico67 said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

It's amazing that we don't have ward level or polling station level counting. I'd reform the system so it's easier for data nerds to make better predictions.
    I think that would massively increase the number of scrutinisers required from each party and so increase the risk of something dodgy happening.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,709
    Floater said:

Foxy said:

Floater said:

Any docs in the house?

Son has a cerantine level over 7. something as indicated by a blood test today

His GP says drink lots of water and have another test tomorrow and if a similar result occurs he will need to be admitted.

His girlfriend is a nurse and she asked doc at hospital who said come in now.

He would prefer to go with GP's opinion which I can understand but do I need to encourage him to go tonight?

It depends what his other results are. PM me if you prefer.
    He was having the test to make sure ok for dye to be injected tomorrow for CT scan

He is out now the other reading he mentioned was "200 plus" which I gathered is really not good at all but no idea what it is referring to.

Obviously mum and /I are nervous - but don't want to increase his anxiety unless I need to make sure he goes tonight.

Thanks for replying
    I have sent you a message.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,298
    Ŵ

FPT:

viewcode said:

Seriously?

Because of the lack of accountability. He (or she) who controls the computers can have any result they like regardless of votes cast. The paper votes system with piles being counted in full view is hard to beat for security, especially if the boxes are opened within minutes of the polls closing.

Remember, anyone can go to a count. You may have to view it from a public gallery but anyone can watch the process.

BTW - Postal voting should have higher levels of scrutiny and be harder to get. Individual voter registration was a good step forward as is requiring a signature to accompany postal votes (as long as the signatures are cross-checked with the registration documents as they come in)
    Yes. A fair few postal votes get rejected because signatures don’t match up - it’s not rare
  • Options

spudgfsh said:

I think that would massively increase the number of scrutinisers required from each party and so increase the risk of something dodgy happening.
    it works in many other countries. you wouldn't need to do too much different, just keep the ballot boxes from each ward together at the count rather than mix them up as is done at the moment.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288

https://twitter.com/M_Star_Online/status/1204816888389390337

115 Poets for Corbyn.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    Peter Oborne is mad. Just thought I'd say that.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1204853360886611968?s=20

Isn't that really bad for the Tories?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    That’s a really long version of the 12 days of Christmas
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,303
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

twitter.com/HackedOffHugh/status/1204851528105902083?s=20

Alien vs Predator....
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,134
    dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    What is that worth against Jeffrey Archer backing the Tories?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,303
    Chris said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    What is that worth against Jeffrey Archer backing the Tories?
    A Jeffrey?

*cough*
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,731

Andy_JS said:

The full headline from the Peter Oborne article is as follows:

"Boris Johnson wants to destroy the Britain I love. I cannot vote Conservative
    Peter Oborne

Johnson’s Conservatives are a revolutionary sect and should be understood as such"

So he's literally going to vote for someone who wants a revolution - albeit of a different kind - instead?

The guy's lost his marbles.
    Also, he voted leave.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030

HYUFD said:

Given virtually 0 2017 Tories are now voting Labour, 9% of 2017 Labour voters voting Tory and 2% voting Brexit Party certainly not bad news for them
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1204855717712318466?s=20

What an absolute cock Steve Coogan is. Tories should be sending that out on Facebook ASAP...see what they think of you.

I have to say all his sanctimonious stuff about phone hacking, when he used to be best mates with the NOTW celeb bod, used to phone him up on a Saturday night and got them to spike all sorts of stories about him.

He got pissed when Andy Coulson came in and said why do we keep not printing the stories about him?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    HYUFD said:
    Why do celebrities feel that they are adding anything or are honour bound to share their political views? The first series of Alan Partridge was hilarious, so are The Trip series'... do I feel the need to know what he thinks about politics on the News as well? Why?
  • Options
    The Guardian has learned that Waltham Forest council in east London has been scrambling to deliver postal votes that should have been out by last Friday, after an administrative error delayed the process.

The problem affected 1,470 voters in three constituencies, including Chingford and Woodford Green, which Iain Duncan Smith won for the Conservatives with a majority of 2,438 at the last election and which is a key target for Labour.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

FPT:

viewcode said:

Essentially nobody who works in computer security thinks that online voting, or even voting machines, is a good idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Given virtually 0 2017 Tories are now voting Labour, 9% of 2017 Labour voters voting Tory and 2% voting Brexit Party certainly not bad news for them
    Surely they would want more than that. The whole plan has been based on wooing all these lifelong Northern Labour voters who "want Brexit done".
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Who would have guessed anti Semiticism and economic insanity would be so popular.
  • Options
    No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 3,829
    edited December 2019
    spudgfsh said:

Andy_JS said:

nico67 said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

It is done in Scotland for the local elections (held under STV) which are counted electronically. One year I was 50% of the Lib Dem votes in a ballot box.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    There was an old man of the left,
    Whose popularity gave him some heft,
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    And so the opposition was cleft.
  • Options
    Unusually today’s PL hasn’t been put up on iPlayer. Maybe the BBC is more worried about Laura K than they are admitting?
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited December 2019
    IanB2 said:

The Guardian has learned that Waltham Forest council in east London has been scrambling to deliver postal votes that should have been out by last Friday, after an administrative error delayed the process.

The problem affected 1,470 voters in three constituencies, including Chingford and Woodford Green, which Iain Duncan Smith won for the Conservatives with a majority of 2,438 at the last election and which is a key target for Labour.

Jesus. Can people whose postal voting slip has not turned up in the post just show up and vote at the polling station? There could be a few elderly IDS voters in that 1,470 number.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    So that’s 115-1 then?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,232
    Andy_JS said:
    A Labour activist maiming a Conservative activist for life using something as horrific as acid would have been despicable. It could and should have been a game changer. If, as is being implied, this was another work of fiction by Guido Fawkes, it serves to demonstrate what a sick mind Staines is in possession of.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    'Poets' in the loosest possible use of the term. There are only 10 proper poets in the entire country.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Convenient....
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Devastating stuff from Oborne, a lifelong Conservative.

"Something horrible has happened. The Conservative party lies. It cheats. It bullies. It’s not the wise, gentle, decent party of the postwar era.

I wonder whether Boris Johnson and his squalid associates are Conservatives at all. The Conservativism I understand is about public duty, generosity, the instinct to conserve what is good in our society; the importance of the rule of law and of institutions; suspicion of leaps in the dark. I am thinking of the Conservatism of Burke, Lord Salisbury, Oakeshott.

Johnson has become the leader of a project – his adviser Dominic Cummings is an important part of this – to destroy Conservatism. This is why during his brief term as prime minister Boris Johnson has attacked parliament, mocked the rule of law, abused the monarchy, and shown a total disregard for the truth."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/11/boris-johnson-destroy-britain-conservative-revolutionary-sect

Oborne is just embarking on a decades long sulk because he changed his mind and expected it to make a difference. Now he realises no one has paid any real attention to him he is thrashing out.

Someone earlier mentioned a prick with a fork. Oborne is a prick with a pen.
  • Options

Andrew said:

Andy_JS said:

Advice to people planning to spoil their paper: don't leave it completely blank in case someone at the count tries to turn it into a valid vote. Best to do something like voting for all the candidates.

Tempted to draw a phallus on it solely to see which party claims it means a vote for them.
    I like the idea of spoiling my ballot in a way that will entertain when they go through them at the count. However, at that point people are really just concentrating on whether they can claim it or not, so it wouldn't be noticed.

It always amuses me when people say they spoilt their ballot by writing a clever message on it, obviously imagining that people will be reading what they have written and thinking "ooh, good point, that told us!". The number that are actually read by anyone must be tiny.
    They’ll be seen by a council counter, maybe overlooked by a party scrutineer or two, and put aside in a special tray. Then at three in the morning the ERO and the party agents will whiz through them and decide whether they are valid or not. By that time the result is known, and unless it is particularly close or a party is close to the deposit line, no-one is that bothered what happens to them.
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    isam said:

HYUFD said:
    Why do celebrities feel that they are adding anything or are honour bound to share their political views? The first series of Alan Partridge was hilarious, so are The Trip series'... do I feel the need to know what he thinks about politics on the News as well? Why?
    I think it is because their jobs are essentially vacuous yet they are materially well rewarded by society. Consequently they feel an immense sense of guilt about their lot.

By asserting that they want more redistribution it makes them feel better. Until it happens of course. Then it will be the wrong type of socialism.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Jesus. Can people whose postal voting slip has not turned up in the post just show up and vote at the polling station? There could be a few elderly IDS voters in that 1,470 number.
    Aren't postal voters on the lists at the polling station with a line through them as already voted?
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,793

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    'Poets' in the loosest possible use of the term. There are only 10 proper poets in the entire country.
    How on earth do you define 'proper poets'?

• Options

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    Who are the other nine? B)
  • Options

IanB2 said:

LBWF says they are all now delivered. If they missed today’s post they can take it to the (any local) polling station tomorrow
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

HYUFD said:

What an absolute cock Steve Coogan is. Tories should be sending that out on Facebook ASAP...see what they think of you.

I have to say all his sanctimonious stuff about phone hacking, when he used to be best mates with the NOTW celeb bod, used to phone him up on a Saturday night and got them to spike all sorts of stories about him.

He got pissed when Andy Coulson came in and said why do we keep not printing the stories about him?
    I'm still waiting for similar levels of celeb outrage to be directed at Trinity Mirror.
  • Options
    Poets for Jezza seems like an even less successful idea than the infamous Tories for Nick Palmer...
  • Options

spudgfsh said:

Andy_JS said:

nico67 said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

It is done in Scotland for the local elections (held under STV) which are counted electronically. One year I was 50% of the Lib Dem votes in a ballot box.
    Ah but I am sure Jo will do better this time.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

Andy_JS said:

nico67 said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

Verification of non-PV votes is done face up and by polling station (or ballot box). Hence why the parties are keen to take samples at that stage - if done well you can get a pretty good breakdown.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    IanB2 said:

That will be the Labour-controlled Waltham Forest council......
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

They know how to rhyme? 😀
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    According to Panelbase Labours attempt to put the NHS as their centre piece during the campaign has succeeded .

The NHS is the top issue .

Corbyn leads 42 to 27 over Johnson on that .

It doesn’t translate into the headline voting intention but still should cause some concern in no 10 going into tomorrow .
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,556
    isam said:

HYUFD said:
    He comes across as having the emotional intelligence of Alan Partridge. Thought it was a spoof at first.

• Options
    glw said:

FPT:

viewcode said:

Essentially nobody who works in computer security thinks that online voting, or even voting machines, is a good idea.
    I'm turning into a right old codger in middle age, but I love how low rent UK elections are. I want to cast my vote in a plywood booth in the village hall, not on an iPad.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    Whatever you do, do NOT think of an elephant!
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,556

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    Where's Philip Larkin when you need him?

• Options
    Omnium said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

Ones that can actually write.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    glw said:

HYUFD said:

I'm still waiting for similar levels of celeb outrage to be directed at Trinity Mirror.
    Very odd that.....despite all the hard evidence being that the Mirror being Russian level doping compared to NOTW's Oregon project...
  • Options
    Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

Aren't postal voters on the lists at the polling station with a line through them as already voted?
    Ruled off in a different way so they can’t be issued with a ballot paper, but can hand in a postal ballot.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

Still being read, 35 years after his death.
  • Options

isam said:

HYUFD said:
    I think it is because their jobs are essentially vacuous yet they are materially well rewarded by society. Consequently they feel an immense sense of guilt about their lot.

By asserting that they want more redistribution it makes them feel better. Until it happens of course. Then it will be the wrong type of socialism.
    "Among artists without talent Marxism will always be popular, since it enables them to blame society for the fact that nobody wants to hear what they have to say"

Clive James
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Depends where they are. Won’t be enough in most Northern Labour seats.
  • Options

Poets for Jezza seems like an even less successful idea than the infamous Tories for Nick Palmer...

Who, as I recall, proved somewhat less numerous than Tories not for Nick Palmer. Who then turned into a Corbynite. And the Tory turned into something weird.
  • Options
    isam said:

HYUFD said:
    Its not that different to us posting on here, celebs just happens to have a bigger audience.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    edited December 2019
    Guardian needs to be much clearer - what does "has been scrambling" mean?

I strongly suspect all ballots have now been delivered - if not then surely Court action is possible.

Anyone who has received postal ballot can hand it in at polling station.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Andrew said:

Andy_JS said:

They’ll be seen by a council counter, maybe overlooked by a party scrutineer or two, and put aside in a special tray. Then at three in the morning the ERO and the party agents will whiz through them and decide whether they are valid or not. By that time the result is known, and unless it is particularly close or a party is close to the deposit line, no-one is that bothered what happens to them.
    Yeah, I know how it works. I've been through them a few times myself.

And at no point have we ever considered anything other than whether we could claim it as a vote. It would have to be something very clear and obviously funny to get the laugh that I would ideally like to achieve.

I suppose that it could give the counter a brief respite from the boredom.
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815
    edited December 2019

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

26% of 2017 labour voters not voting labour will help.
    Not enough going yellow for my liking though.
  • Options

algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

Still being read, 35 years after his death.
    They fuck you up, your mum and dad...

Just brilliant.
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749
    Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

An MP called Jacob Rees-Mogg,
    Who dresses like Phileas Fogg,
    He insulted the dead,
    Then to Somerset he fled,
    And lounged on a bench like a slob.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,979

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I think they will benefit from the 20%+ of 2017 Labour voters that won't vote Labour this time around.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    algarkirk said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

I want to see them starving,
    The so-called working class.
    Their wages weekly halving,
    Their women stewing grass.
    When I drive out each morning
    In one of my new suits
    I want to find them fawning
    To clean my car and boots.
  • Options

isam said:

HYUFD said:

"Among artists without talent Marxism will always be popular, since it enables them to blame society for the fact that nobody wants to hear what they have to say"

Clive James
    Coogan is rather cursed. It seems that his only popular character is the hideous Alan Partridge, who really caught the zeitgeist.

He was brilliant in "Stan and Ollie" though.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    We are going to end up where we were 6 weeks ago aren't we....Flat Cap Fred isn't going to vote Boris in the end.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,
    There was a young man named Farage
    Who one day got locked in his garage
    He campaigned so hard
    But let down his guard
    And fell to an electoral barrage.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Andrew said:

Andy_JS said:

Yeah, I know how it works. I've been through them a few times myself.

And at no point have we ever considered anything other than whether we could claim it as a vote. It would have to be something very clear and obviously funny to get the laugh that I would ideally like to achieve.

I suppose that it could give the counter a brief respite from the boredom.
    You’ll know then that agents look forward to it as an interesting highlight of the night, particularly in a seat where the result wasn’t in suspense. It’s a good source of tales to tell down the pub.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    edited December 2019
    MikeL said:

I strongly suspect all ballots have now been delivered - if not then surely Court action is possible.

My only ever request for a postal ballot didn't show up, but as it was for police commissioner I couldn't be bothered to take it further. Just requested to be put back to the regular register as I enjoy voting in the booth.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,820

isam said:

HYUFD said:
    Its not that different to us posting on here, celebs just happens to have a bigger audience.
    How very dare you, I'm here to share my superlative wisdom with the ignorant mass of PBers, it's outreach work that should be counted as charity.
  • Options
    egg said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

He insulted the dead,
    A liberal leader called Jo
    Said 'number 10 i'll go'
    The public did laugh
    and so did her staff
    in hell it'd be more likely to snow
  • Options
    What’s the lowest lead we’ve had this evening please?
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503

We are going to end up where we were 6 weeks ago aren't we....

No. Keep calm. Breathe. It’ll be fine.
  • Options

Not possible. 23 independents at dissolution (even more not long before then).
  • Options

Numbers? Possibly. But those same numbers, this time, will see different actions, as the situation has changed.
  • Options

You've not had a lead this evening.
  • Options

Nine.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

egg said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

He insulted the dead,
    Said 'number 10 i'll go'
    The public did laugh
    and so did her staff
    Sounds like you stole that from baldrick
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Nine.
    Statistically we should expect at least one that is small, say 5-6%.
  • Options

9, I think.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934

So far 9%
  • Options
    egg said:

spudgfsh said:

egg said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

He insulted the dead,
    Said 'number 10 i'll go'
    The public did laugh
    and so did her staff
    Sounds like you stole that from baldrick
    I do like blackadder but haven't watched it for years.
  • Options

Nine.
    Relax. Honestly.
  • Options

Omnium said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

115 Poets for Corbyn.
    He taxed the few,
    And repelled the Jew,

Ones that can actually write.
    One of the finest poets around today actually contributes to this site.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,711

isam said:

HYUFD said:

Clive James
    One of Clive's best lines.
  • Options

Nine.
    Relax. Honestly.
    ozymandias, Francis. :)
  • Options
    MikeL said:

And for those too ill to do so, or who wanted a postal ballot because they would be out of the country?
  • Options
    kjohnw1 said:

twitter.com/thomasknox/status/1204855136423677952

Is that a message to his wife?
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    edited December 2019

Nine.
    The temptation to just release a fake one saying a one point lead must be considerable. Low risk, and huge upside.
  • Options
    kjohnw1 said:
    Given the youthquake was apparently not actually a thing, that might be focusing on the wrong target when its 35-54 year old women who are the key, IIRC.
This discussion has been closed.