Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After the debates, a plethora of polls and Andrew Neil – a CON

Comments

• Options
    JamesP said:

HP remains at 50% then

Have you put any money on considering no overall majority is at 3.85ish on Betfair?
    Yes
  • Options

MikeL said:

Andy_JS said:

This evening's national polls haven't so far changed the average of 43/33/13.

36/35/31 for Lab = 34 mean or 35 median
    46/42/41 for Tories = 43 mean or 42 median
    Where does Lab 35 come from? Lab shares:

ComRes (Miller) - 36
    ComRes (Telegraph) - 33
    Opinium - 31
    That went well then. You are correct

Must be the 2nd Snowball of the evening kicking in.
    I’m fairly certain a Snowball counts as at least one of your five a day if the recipe is what I think it is. Cheers!
    Has to have at least 3 cocktail Cherries per glass. Advocaat Lime Cordial and R Whites. Best Advocaat is Cooymans none of that Warnincks dhite the Dutch wouldnt let their pawsers drink that

Pimms is best for 5 a day imo (extra Cucumber)
    Hope you don’t mind but I’ve copied that post so I can give your recipe a try.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    JamesP said:

HP remains at 50% then

Have you put any money on considering no overall majority is at 3.85ish on Betfair?
    Slightly better odds available for laying the Tory majority ;)

1.38-1.39 now, I think personally I'm done with it (about a grand and a half at an average of 1.397), and will keep what little liquidity I have left for Thursday night.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    RobD said:

@MikeL

You can blink them to see the difference (not much):

https://imgur.com/pWjsrvY - using end date
    https://imgur.com/1XRrg7b - using mid-point

Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Floater said:
    The Jews/Soros according some Brexiteers.

Perhaps the Tory candidate in Hastings and Rye can introduce you to them.
    Do you regret joining the Conservative party?
    No.

I regret what the Party has become but I'm hoping it isn't terminal.
    I don't think the Conservatives are that different. A bit more left wing, economically. A bit more right wing, socially. Moving with the times, as the party has done for 200 years.
    Which is why they've been in power for most of the last 200 years.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

dr_spyn said:
    Ouch. Corbyn with a lower approval rating than Swinson?

His campaign really has been poor, hasn’t it?
    Farage with a less bad approval rating than either Corbyn or Swinson?
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

Andy_JS said:

BigRich said:

I noticed this being posted on Guido Falkes, and thought I would look for it, sinse it was uploaded on YouTube and this morning at about 0900, it has bee viewed 2.2 million times, which seems like a big number, but when I looked on Facebook its only been viewed 70,000 time. now that's a big disparity, why?

If its not being shared on Facebook, how are the conservatives getting people to watch it?

All I can think of is that they are paying to have it as one of the annoying adverts at the start of normal YouTube videos?

Or does anybody know how else they could of get this popular so quickly, email links?

How much do adverts like this cost? have they been used before and are they effective?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPjkTCQh3RM&t=7s

Makes a change from Grammarly ads.
    Grammarly are a worldwide plague. Their advertising budget must be vast.
    I'm not kidding when I say I see more of their advertising than anything else, they must either spend a fortune, or I fit the demographic that they target to a tee.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Deltapoll VI now out, LD percentage back down relative to last time but otherwise little change. Con Lab gap of 11%, broadly consistent with mean for last fortnight.

As suspected, those Best for Britain numbers look like an outlier.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Nobidexx said:

The Tories seem to be getting rather jumpy in St. Ives. Sajid Javid visited on Thursday and now Andrea Loath.. er Ledsom today.

https://cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/brexiteer-andrea-leadsom-denies-tories-3619270

North Cornwall, on the other hand, has had no 'visitations' from either senior CONs or LDs - a safe CON hold unfortunately. The constituency has changed a lot since the days of John Pardoe and Paul Tyler with many incomers.

I believe that St Ives is the tightest Tory held marginal in the South West. They'll certainly want to be holding it, both for its own sake and to stop the yellow peril from re-establishing a toehold West of Bath.

The MRP gives the Cons a 6% lead based on the central estimates, about the same as in the.much-discussed Guildford but without the complication of an ex-Tory independent running and with the other parties predicted to be down to bedrock. It's not a gimme, but on the balance of probability one would expect a Con hold.
    The tories will also be helped in St Ives by the Greens standing, unlike last time. They're pretty strong locally (they got 7% in 2015). I'd expect a tory hold by about 5%.

I think Cheltenham will be even tighter. On paper it should be an easy libdem gain given the 3% or so majority, heavily remain vote and the lack of a Green candidate, but the tory vote there seems fairly resilient and the libdems didn't surge as much in the EU election as they did in other remain seats like St Albans (they only got 36%). I could see it going both ways, though I think the libdems will probably win it narrowly.
    They’re always tight in Cheltenham. Too many pubs.
    There is no such thing as too many pubs.
    You’ve never lived in Aberystwyth!
    No, though I visited a relative there once. She was doing her PhD. I was a bit too young for the pub though.
  • Options
    JamesPJamesP Posts: 85

Very little overall movement on Betfair's Conservative Majority market, currently available to buy at 1.39 = 1.37 net of their 5% commission.
    Based on an 8% - 10% lead in the polls, which appear stable and with only 5 days to go until polling day, this looks like surprisingly generous potential return. But for some reason, I like others are hesitating from grabbing some of this apparent "bargain".

The Ghost of TwoThousandSeventeen Past
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    LAB gain South Holland and the Deepings?
  • Options
    felix said:

It's hard to see where Labour can get many more votes from now without a LD vote collapse. I don't see that happening ecause of Corbyn and the anti-semitism issue.

The don't knows and others are still a faiir consideration.

I don't think the LD's will fall much below 11 or 12 or so, and tactical voting might deliver them more than that suggests.
  • Options
    glw said:

Andy_JS said:

BigRich said:

I noticed this being posted on Guido Falkes, and thought I would look for it, sinse it was uploaded on YouTube and this morning at about 0900, it has bee viewed 2.2 million times, which seems like a big number, but when I looked on Facebook its only been viewed 70,000 time. now that's a big disparity, why?

If its not being shared on Facebook, how are the conservatives getting people to watch it?

All I can think of is that they are paying to have it as one of the annoying adverts at the start of normal YouTube videos?

Or does anybody know how else they could of get this popular so quickly, email links?

How much do adverts like this cost? have they been used before and are they effective?

I'm not kidding when I say I see more of their advertising than anything else, they must either spend a fortune, or I fit the demographic that they target to a tee.
    How is your spelling?
  • Options
    alb1onalb1on Posts: 698
    edited December 2019
    Brom said:

Floater said:

Guildford is a good example of why the Conservatives face a mountain unless their lead really does pan out into a national vote share in double figures (which I think is unlikely on the day).

If you're in trouble holding Remain parts of England, doing relatively poorly in London, Scotland and Wales you need a seismic shift in the Labour heartlands of a kind not showing up in constituency polling.

Give up your ramping - literally none of my friends aree buying it.
    You're in a vitriolic mood. Rather nasty which really reflects on you as a person. This isn't ramping. It's an opinion poll. Dismiss it to your heart's content, and the tories may well indeed go on to win a majority of some sort, but that doesn't alter the fact that you are showing yourself to be a less than pleasant human being. Sadly.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1203394822133944320?s=20

I’d say if that is realistically the Lib Dems 5th or 6th biggest target seat and they are 1% ahead then the Tories won’t be too discouraged.
    I am not sure how it is seen as 5th or 6th. I would have all the following ahead of it as targets; Richmond Park, Cheltenham, St Albans, NE Fife, Winchester, Lewes, South Cambridgeshire, St Ives, Wells and probably Cities of L&W. So maybe 11th or 12th alongside Wimbledon.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Nobidexx said:

The Tories seem to be getting rather jumpy in St. Ives. Sajid Javid visited on Thursday and now Andrea Loath.. er Ledsom today.

https://cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/brexiteer-andrea-leadsom-denies-tories-3619270

North Cornwall, on the other hand, has had no 'visitations' from either senior CONs or LDs - a safe CON hold unfortunately. The constituency has changed a lot since the days of John Pardoe and Paul Tyler with many incomers.

I believe that St Ives is the tightest Tory held marginal in the South West. They'll certainly want to be holding it, both for its own sake and to stop the yellow peril from re-establishing a toehold West of Bath.

The MRP gives the Cons a 6% lead based on the central estimates, about the same as in the.much-discussed Guildford but without the complication of an ex-Tory independent running and with the other parties predicted to be down to bedrock. It's not a gimme, but on the balance of probability one would expect a Con hold.
    The tories will also be helped in St Ives by the Greens standing, unlike last time. They're pretty strong locally (they got 7% in 2015). I'd expect a tory hold by about 5%.

I think Cheltenham will be even tighter. On paper it should be an easy libdem gain given the 3% or so majority, heavily remain vote and the lack of a Green candidate, but the tory vote there seems fairly resilient and the libdems didn't surge as much in the EU election as they did in other remain seats like St Albans (they only got 36%). I could see it going both ways, though I think the libdems will probably win it narrowly.
    No, though I visited a relative there once. She was doing her PhD. I was a bit too young for the pub though.
    It used to be said (in 1996 was I was an undergrad in Aber) that it had the highest density of licensed premises of any town in the UK. Something like 55 within half a square mile. I think I visited all of them!
  • Options

Brom said:

Floater said:

Guildford is a good example of why the Conservatives face a mountain unless their lead really does pan out into a national vote share in double figures (which I think is unlikely on the day).

If you're in trouble holding Remain parts of England, doing relatively poorly in London, Scotland and Wales you need a seismic shift in the Labour heartlands of a kind not showing up in constituency polling.

Give up your ramping - literally none of my friends aree buying it.
    You're in a vitriolic mood. Rather nasty which really reflects on you as a person. This isn't ramping. It's an opinion poll. Dismiss it to your heart's content, and the tories may well indeed go on to win a majority of some sort, but that doesn't alter the fact that you are showing yourself to be a less than pleasant human being. Sadly.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1203394822133944320?s=20

I’d say if that is realistically the Lib Dems 5th or 6th biggest target seat and they are 1% ahead then the Tories won’t be too discouraged.
    I don't want to take issue for the sake of it but you do know what the 2017 Guildford result was?

Conservative Anne Milton 30,295 54.6 -2.5
    Liberal Democrats Zöe Franklin 13,255 23.9 +8.4

If the LibDems take Guildford it's a HUGE swing (15%?) for a General Election.
    So you are on the late shift...
    Mind you..or multiple trollers could be using each others logins...
    Says the knacker replying to his own post!
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

glw said:

Andy_JS said:

BigRich said:

How is your spelling?
    I thought it was quite good, but apparently I'm wrong about that.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Nobidexx said:

It used to be said (in 1996 was I was an undergrad in Aber) that it had the highest density of licensed premises of any town in the UK. Something like 55 within half a square mile.
    The centres of Oxford and Cambridge might beat that, but only if you count the college bars.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483

glw said:

Andy_JS said:

BigRich said:

How is your spelling?
    Tories spending 3+ million this week if they spend what they raised last week lib dems and labour 1/2 million each, always good to have an even playing field
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Tim Shipman
    @ShippersUnbound
    ·
    2m
    EXC: Datapraxis MRP model gives Tories a majority of 38

Con 344 (+27)
    Lab 221 (-41)
    LD 14 (+2)
    SNP 47 (+12)
    PC 4 (-)
    Green 1 (-)

This is based on a staggering 500,000 YouGov interviews but the model is from Datapraxis. Their last MRP, two weeks ago gave a majority of 48
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    ydoethur said:

dr_spyn said:
    Ouch. Corbyn with a lower approval rating than Swinson?

His campaign really has been poor, hasn’t it?
    Lab gone up from mid 20s to 34 ish during Campaign

LDs down from low 20s to 11% during same period
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    It's been a quite tame election, nothing really much had happened, I suspect most people made their minds up long before it started
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

@MikeL

Thanks a lot!
    No worries. This is the latest and greatest version using the mid-point for 2017 and 2019, and the new DeltaPoll. Still a flat line...!

https://imgur.com/BVaGzet
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited December 2019
    dr_spyn said:
    These modelled projections keep coming in at around 40, which miay be what happens if there's less tactical voting and more predictability. If things are less predictable and uniform, then maybe closer to the hung parliament or smaller majority end of the range.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

glw said:

Andy_JS said:

BigRich said:

How is your spelling?
    Tories spending 3+ million this week if they spend what they raised last week lib dems and labour 1/2 million each, always good to have an even playing field
    What are the national spending limits?
  • Options
    I don't think it'll be by much. If the national lead is about 9% (like Yougov's latest regular poll), they should get around 30 seats or so. I could even see it being around 345-350, if most of the labour increase is in London and other safe seats (which is the most likely imo).
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    edited December 2019
    Ave_it said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

HYUFD said:

Ave_it said:

Not too late for the Corbynista swing! Or for Watford to stay up!

Possibly not the latter.

Has a single seat yet showed a swing from the Tories to Labour since 2017 in any of the seat polls?
    Do you think IDS could be a victim to the north London labour surge?
    He won by 5% in 2017 and I think he will hold it by about the same margin.

Raab is probably more at risk than IDS now though both will be close
    I agree IDS will just be ok. Raab will do better. There are lots of squueky LDs in Epsom but the quiet successful voters who can't afford Corbyn will get out for Raab. Maj 10,000.

But I did forecast Con Maj 20,000 in Kingston and Surbiton last time. That went well!
    Judging by my canvassing in Chingford and Woodford Green if IDS' main opponent was a LD not a Corbyn Labour candidate I think he might well have lost in this marginal Remain seat, it will be fear of Corbyn amongst Tory and LD Remainers that will enable him to scrape home.

Raab's main opponent is a LD so he does not have that luxury but as you say indirect fear of Corbyn may keep Esher and Walton Tory
  • Options
    So YG data albeit without their model shows a narrowing of the Tory lead. But it is not enough, yet
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1203426947159744513

Just waiting to see Sunday Times front page.
  • Options
    Asking for a friend.

What if you have red shoes and don't like Corbyn?

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1203250070268907520
  • Options
    The last time these guys made a projection the official YouGov version was slightly more favourable to the Cons.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    Tories and LDs down 5% Lab up 1% where is other 4%
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    dr_spyn said:
    Pardon M'lud I've said Conservative majority of around 30-40 seats all the way along! :D
  • Options
    The last MRP showed a majority of 68 to the Datapraxis majority of 48.

If the same pattern occurs then MRP will show a majority of 58.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

@MikeL

Thanks a lot!
    No worries. This is the latest and greatest version using the mid-point for 2017 and 2019, and the new DeltaPoll. Still a flat line...!

https://imgur.com/BVaGzet
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,685
    The same movement applied to the YouGov MRP would see the majority drop from 68 to 58.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Strong n Stable.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

Asking for a friend.

Presumably red clown shoes are for supporters of Chris Williamson.
  • Options
    Fair to say ComRes was an outlier then
  • Options

It's been a quite tame election, nothing really much had happened, I suspect most people made their minds up long before it started

Cue Boris and Jeremy being caught in bed with each other tomorrow...

(That’s a joke for the benefit of the moderators).
  • Options
    Polling average continues to be 43/33/13.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081

Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend to donate them to the nearest charity shop forthwith.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

That's it then the last poll of the last Mega Polling Saturday of the general election. :D
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,359
    RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

Strong n Stable.
    Another couple of points swing to the Tories and Corbyn will be crushed.. happy days...
  • Options
    I'm jealous. I only have a Scottish Tory Surge Klaxon. :(
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

I'm watching Airplane! for the thirty-eight time.

Never gets old.

Looks like a good month to give up opinion polls...
  • Options

Sandpit said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Nobidexx said:

It used to be said (in 1996 was I was an undergrad in Aber) that it had the highest density of licensed premises of any town in the UK. Something like 55 within half a square mile.
    The centres of Oxford and Cambridge might beat that, but only if you count the college bars.
    Sounds like a few fun days working it out!
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

That's it then the last poll of the last Mega Polling Saturday of the general election. :D
    No BMG? :(
  • Options
    What time period are they referring to with "we have never ... " ?
  • Options
    "Undecideds" will typically break for the governing party on the day IMO.
  • Options
    Isn't this a bit like the BBC's 1987 exit poll which said the result would be anything from the Tories short by 17 to a Con majority of 86? In other words, not telling us anything of value.

At 11 mins 24 secs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVahD8xWoxo
  • Options

What time period are they referring to with "we have never ... " ?
    It's their first election, isn't it?

*innocent face*
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    I don't think this election is 2017.
  • Options

MikeL said:

Andy_JS said:

This evening's national polls haven't so far changed the average of 43/33/13.

36/35/31 for Lab = 34 mean or 35 median
    46/42/41 for Tories = 43 mean or 42 median
    Where does Lab 35 come from? Lab shares:

ComRes (Miller) - 36
    ComRes (Telegraph) - 33
    Opinium - 31
    That went well then. You are correct

Must be the 2nd Snowball of the evening kicking in.
    I’m fairly certain a Snowball counts as at least one of your five a day if the recipe is what I think it is. Cheers!
    Has to have at least 3 cocktail Cherries per glass. Advocaat Lime Cordial and R Whites. Best Advocaat is Cooymans none of that Warnincks dhite the Dutch wouldnt let their pawsers drink that

Pimms is best for 5 a day imo (extra Cucumber)
    Hope you don’t mind but I’ve copied that post so I can give your recipe a try.
    I am on my last bottle of Cooymans. Not sold in UK in 2018 if anyone sees any let me know. I will pay a premium.

• Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,287

Cue Boris and Jeremy being caught in bed with each other tomorrow...

(That’s a joke for the benefit of the moderators).
    That is a vile mental image.

Although since they’re screwing the whole nation, it seems appropriate they should screw each other as well.
  • Options

BETTING TIP

*Labour to win Aberconwy. 5/2*

Emily Owen cut majority from 4k to 500. Tory Guto Bebb standing down. New Tory candidate (not very active no twitter very little on Facebook). Emily is the new breed of politicians using social media and day to day campaigning and now tory doesn't have name recognition.

Result 2017
    Conservative 14337 (+3.1%)
    Labour (Emily Owen) 13702 (+14.4%)
    Plaid 3170
    Lib dem 941

Get on it.

Welcome to PB.com with your very first post. Caution is required I would suggest as regards your suggestion of backing Labour's Emily Owen to win Aberconwy. Electoral Calculus reckon the Tories have a 71% chance of winning this seat with Labour languishing on 27%. Based on those percentages, I'd want much better odds than the 5/2 you quote, but good luck anyway.
    Thank you. The % are based on the YouGov MRP but I prefer on the ground knowledge. Canvass returns. Labour are doing better ward by ward. No Tory Power of incumbency and we have a total outsider bought in a month before a general election with no name recognition against a sitting councillor who is active.

To think Tories are going to hold all their seats is ridiculous. They will lose seats in England Wales and Scotland because we live in a world where middle class people are more leftwing as thry want the poorest to not be homeless or hungry etc and the working class are more conservative because they blame immigration.

Populism is always dangerous but this election is so depressing. In america, Andrew Yang says we are in the middle of the 4th industrial revolution and vast majority of jobs will be done by automation and that will lead to massive unemployment across retail, transportation and business services.
    Bernie sanders blames the largest companies in the world for destroying lives and communities by creating outrageous monopolies and avoiding tax. Warren blames the banks consistent attempt to put every citizen in debt with loans, mortgages or credit. Klobuchar talks about how the digital economy and climate change is destroying rural communities and how kids raised in rural areas feel forced to move to the big city to build a life. Klobuchar gets laws passed and is the number one enemy with the drug companies as she's passed over 100 bills lowering drug prices.

But in the UK we have no adult debate because the media don't want a debate. We have to talk stupid, small-minded gutter politics.
  • Options

The main events have been the Brexit Party stand down and a leakage of (presumably) Remain voters from the LDs back to Labour, possibly concentrated in London. Unless there is a significant shift in the polls between now and Wednesday, the available evidence suggests that the campaign effectively ended about a fortnight ago.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
  • Options
    RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

I think this is a BMG poll

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1203427102801956864
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
    Corbyn, of course.
  • Options

RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

I think this is a BMG poll

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1203427102801956864
    :o enhance... someone get the CSI folks in here...
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Andy_JS said:

Isn't this a bit like the BBC's 1987 exit poll which said the result would be anything from the Tories short by 17 to a Con majority of 86? In other words, not telling us anything of value.

At 11 mins 24 secs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVahD8xWoxo
    1987 was one of the years where "undecideds" went with the government on the day. See also 1992 and 2015. And possibly even 2017 to some degree?
  • Options
    Saying the result could be anything from a hung parliament to a Tory landslide isn't telling us anything we didn't know 6 weeks ago, is it? It's a statement of the bleeding obvious. We look to polls and surveys to actually tell us something we don't already know.
  • Options
    humbugger said:

GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
    Corbyn, of course.
    Yes, but the alternative is Boris Johnson. Someone equally as detestable.
  • Options
    Well last time the undecideds broke for Lanour in the last 3 days or so, so if that happens again I would assume that would be why people claim a HP is possible
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    dr_spyn said:

4% swing from Labour to the Tories, 2.5% swing from the Tories to the LDs
  • Options
    SLab lengthening in East Lothian (SLab Maj = 3,083)

SNP 4/6
    SCon 16/5
    SLab 16/5
  • Options

The main events have been the Brexit Party stand down and a leakage of (presumably) Remain voters from the LDs back to Labour, possibly concentrated in London. Unless there is a significant shift in the polls between now and Wednesday, the available evidence suggests that the campaign effectively ended about a fortnight ago.
    I disagree, I think the main event has been the failure of the LDs to make the progress that most people, including me, were expecting them to make.
  • Options
    Winchester wahey another one I had down
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

nichomar said:

glw said:

Andy_JS said:

BigRich said:

How is your spelling?
    What are the national spending limits?
    For a GE its normally about £18.8 Million, however this year is a bit difent because of the European Parliament Elections and the calculation is:

Normal GE Limit + EP Limit - Spending at EP - Spending at all Buy-Elections in the last year.

So what does that add up to???? hard to say exactly as the Electoral commition was not planning on release the spending figures for the big party's in the EP election until mid Dec!!!

As to the previous comment, the Labour party has a turnover of £50 million and employs 700 People, if they cant keep some of that back to, I donk know, FUND A GE!!! then I have little sympathy for them.

• Options

Asking for a friend.

He is due here in Aberconwy and North Wales tomorrow just as we have received a yellow weather warning with 70mph gales, stormy seas, and travel disruption

If walks along Llandudno Promenade wearing red it may help the emergency services to find him as he takes off towards Snowdon. !!!!

But joking apart the winds are already hitting us
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,934

Well last time the undecideds broke for Lanour in the last 3 days or so, so if that happens again I would assume that would be why people claim a HP is possible

They didn't, the last 3 days saw a minor recovery to the government if anything
  • Options
    Tim Shipman
    Datapraxis seat projections:
    Tories 3% ahead of Labour in Putney, but 1% behind Lib Dems in Winchester
    IDS only 2% up in Chingford and could lose to a squeeze
    Swinson 5% up but SNP closing
    Raab 6% up and pulling away
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815

Well you can prove anything with facts!

(c) Stewart Lee
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    https://twitter.com/MattSingh_/status/1203428686487326720

I haven't noticed any links to the detail.
  • Options

humbugger said:

GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
    Corbyn, of course.
    Nope, Corbyn has 40 years of baggage.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/shippersunbound/status/1203429395081379841?s=21

To be fair that’s what Miller said right?
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited December 2019

humbugger said:

GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
    Corbyn, of course.
    Not according to approval ratings.
  • Options
    RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

Aren't they polling for the ITV breakfast show on Monday?
  • Options

RobD said:

GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

Aren't they polling for the ITV breakfast show on Monday?
    Independent, you are thinking of Survation.
  • Options
    Until 2017, the general rule of thumb was take the best Tory score and the worst Labour score.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,287
    edited December 2019

humbugger said:

GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
    Corbyn, of course.
    He is a known equally detestable factor. Corbyn is an unknown one, with the important exception he had all of Johnson’s facts but much less experience and intelligence, and with a weaker team around him.

In this case, therefore, faced with a choice of two evils, the probabilities of how undecideds will break would appear to be (1) abstention (2) vote for the devil you know (3) vote for the devil you don’t.

Corbyn isn’t in the box seat to take advantage of indecision. Not to say it’s impossible, but it’s less likely than the alternatives.
  • Options

Asking for a friend.

He is due here in Aberconwy and North Wales tomorrow just as we have received a yellow weather warning with 70mph gales, stormy seas, and travel disruption

If walks along Llandudno Promenade wearing red it may help the emergency services to find him as he takes off towards Snowdon. !!!!

But joking apart the winds are already hitting us
    If corbyn is going to Aberconwy tomorrow definitely get on. Whatever you think of his politics, people do believe in socialism and ending poverty.Bernie is doing it in america and corbyn is doing it in UK. Neo-liberalism is dead.
  • Options
    I think if the Tories get between 310 and 320 seats it means another election next year. 310 seats would be enough to block a Corbyn-led government because the unionists still won't support him but they would block Johnson's deal.
  • Options
  • Options

humbugger said:

GIN1138 said:

Based on what?
    Corbyn, of course.
    Nope, Corbyn has 40 years of baggage.
    Boris Johnson has 55 years of baggage.
  • Options

Fair to say ComRes was an outlier then

No more than Opinium
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    My range for Tory seats is 315 to 370. Let's hope it's closer to the 315 number friends.
  • Options
    camel said:

Well you can prove anything with facts!

(c) Stewart Lee
    You can't prove movement within a campaign by movements within polls.
  • Options
    Datapraxis - What is their background?
This discussion has been closed.