Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the day of Johnson’s Brexit plan the latest polling on how

Comments

• Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    AndyJS said:

Peter Sissons was one of the presenters on the BBC's iconic 1992 election night coverage, regarded by many psephological anoraks as one of the best ever election shows. This is the for the first 5 minutes or so of that programme.

I worked with him, once. Probably the most professional of any.
  • Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Am I right in thinking the Northern Ireland Assembly will now have some say over the backstop?

Yes after 4 years it votes whether to stay aligned with the EU or by default moves to the UK rules which are likely to have diverged by then.

Big problem for the EU and Ireland is this effectively gives the DUP a veto . There’s no way they’ll agree to that .
    On the contrary, the EU will think (probably correctly) that Northern Ireland will love a backstop that sees them both in the EU and the UK. There will businesses that setup in the province to benefit from that dual status.

And removing it will therefore always become something for another day.

I would also like to point out that this is almost exactly what I predicted, and which I was poopooed about on here.
    With all due respect, but this new proposal does not place NI in both the UK and the EU.

HMG have moved from their proposal of:

"Let's substitute the impending hard NI/RoI border with two hard borders, demarking a no-mans land - exactly around that highly contested border region - which will be uncontrollable."

to their new proposal of:

"Let's replace the impending hard NI/RoI border with a hard NI/RoI customs border plus a hard NI/UK regulatory border, and to round out the picture, let's place an explosive devise underneath it all and hand the trigger for that to Arlene and the troglodytes."

It is no surprise that the entire NI business community (CBI NI, FSB NI, Manufacturing NI, etc.) have immediately rejected the new proposals.

The EU side is merely searching for a formulation of the rejection that is as polite and well explained as possible, to deflect the blame back to where it belongs.
    Varadkar.
    Pardon?

and by the way, well said
    Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

They stayed awake, laughed at the jokes and asked questions at the end. So am assuming not a disaster.....

Sounds like a description of the Brexit negotiations
  • eggegg Posts: 1,749

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Really sad to hear of the death of Jessye Norman. A superb singer. Her recording of Strauss’s 4 Last Songs is sublime. One of my 10 Desert Island discs.

Anyway one talk down, one to go. They stayed awake, laughed at the jokes and asked questions at the end. So am assuming not a disaster.....

Go on, share one of the jokes.
    No, don't, that's how music hall died. Once someone had seen an act on TV, nobody would pay to go and see it live.
    Bring back the good old days!

Velcro - what a rip off!

Two Elephants fell off a cliff. Boom Boom.

When I was at school, kids used to throw gold bars at me. I was the victim of bullion.
    Latest news from the Egg desk.

Exit signs are on the way out.
  • Why did the lawyer cross the road?

I can't tell you for legal reasons!! :lol:
  • spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,300

Charles said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Really sad to hear of the death of Jessye Norman. A superb singer. Her recording of Strauss’s 4 Last Songs is sublime. One of my 10 Desert Island discs.

Anyway one talk down, one to go. They stayed awake, laughed at the jokes and asked questions at the end. So am assuming not a disaster.....

No. They need context and I need paying.

:)

You get my thread headers for free.

I’ll give you a joke for free.

One in four frogs is a leap frog 😃

There are two fish in a tank

One turns to the other and says “so how do you drive this thing?”
    Did you hear about the psephologist from Warsaw who moved to Haiti?

He became a Voodoo Pole! :lol:
    What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

you can't wash your hands in a buffalo...
  • DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    edited October 2019
    egg said:

Cyclefree said:

What does a robot call an elbow?

[robot voice]. An elbow
  • OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    GIN1138 said:

nichomar said:

Charles said:

nichomar said:

Foxy said:

nico67 said:

Lets say boris does get a deal, does his poll rating go up or down?

Up !

Farages betrayal narrative will soon be overtaken by the fact that the UK has actually left.

I don’t like Johnson however if we leave with an orderly exit and a deal then I’ll say well done.

Or down, the header shows most people do not want to Leave. Why would they be impressed?
    It wont go down because of that....as all those who are fired up.remainers arent voting tory at the moment. I think it is more those who think boris has sold them a pup.

Another question, what if boris gets a deal but HoC vote it down...
    May got a deal the HOC voted it down so no difference there. The real problem in my mind is it gives a minority in NI the ability to control the outcome which is a disgrace and I bet will not go down well in Congress.
    It gives Stormont the control of the outcome as the representative body of NI

Stormont has some unique minority protection features because of its troubled history

But I guess the logic of what you are saying is you’d can the Belfast Agreement?
    Well it would be a start if stormont actually sat but by reading of this is that is effectively a DUP veto

The DUP is the only major group in NI - political or business - to have expressed support for the proposals.

I suspect their will be some movement on this Stormont veto idea possibly in relation to a refernedum for NI followed by a review by Stormont every ten years rather than four?
    The change that will be asked for is to reverse the polarity on the review. So rather than it needing a vote to stay in the pseudo-backstop, it would need a vote to leave the pseudo-backstop (shifting the veto on the arrangement from the DUP to Sinn Fein).

That and making customs part of it.
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Am I right in thinking the Northern Ireland Assembly will now have some say over the backstop?

Yes after 4 years it votes whether to stay aligned with the EU or by default moves to the UK rules which are likely to have diverged by then.

Big problem for the EU and Ireland is this effectively gives the DUP a veto . There’s no way they’ll agree to that .
    On the contrary, the EU will think (probably correctly) that Northern Ireland will love a backstop that sees them both in the EU and the UK. There will businesses that setup in the province to benefit from that dual status.

I would also like to point out that this is almost exactly what I predicted, and which I was poopooed about on here.
    With all due respect, but this new proposal does not place NI in both the UK and the EU.

"Let's substitute the impending hard NI/RoI border with two hard borders, demarking a no-mans land - exactly around that highly contested border region - which will be uncontrollable."

"Let's replace the impending hard NI/RoI border with a hard NI/RoI customs border plus a hard NI/UK regulatory border, and to round out the picture, let's place an explosive devise underneath it all and hand the trigger for that to Arlene and the troglodytes."

It is no surprise that the entire NI business community (CBI NI, FSB NI, Manufacturing NI, etc.) have immediately rejected the new proposals.

The EU side is merely searching for a formulation of the rejection that is as polite and well explained as possible, to deflect the blame back to where it belongs.
    Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

They stayed awake, laughed at the jokes and asked questions at the end. So am assuming not a disaster.....

Varadkar bears much of the blame for the last 2 years.
  • NooNoo Posts: 2,380
    Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

There we are, the best joke of the evening.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,706
    AndyJS said:

Peter Sissons was one of the presenters on the BBC's iconic 1992 election night coverage, regarded by many psephological anoraks as one of the best ever election shows. This is the for the first 5 minutes or so of that programme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDvMbr0BAKQ

He was also at school with John Lennon and Jimmy Tarbuck, picture of them as youngsters at the beach in this article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7528979/Ex-BBC-ITN-newsreader-Peter-Sissons-died-age-77.html
  • TGOHF2TGOHF2 Posts: 584
    Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

And what has he gained - lost a backstop and gained a bill at the next budget round.

Clown.
  • nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

The conservatives own this hook line and sinker nobody else let them stew in it
  • humbuggerhumbugger Posts: 377
    nichomar said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

Parliament has taken back control of Brexit and now they own it, including Mr Speaker.
    ydoethur said:

If we're going for hopelessly corny jokes and not my awesome puns:

A magician was working on a cruise ship.

Since the audience was different each week, the magician did the same tricks over and over again. There was only one problem: The captain's parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the Magician did every trick.

Once he understood, he started shouting in the middle of the show, "Look, it's not the same hat!" or, "Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table!" Or "Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything. It was, after all, the Captain's parrot.

Then one stormy night on the Pacific, the ship unfortunately sank.

The magician luckily found himself on a piece of wood floating in the middle of the sea, as fate would have it ... With the parrot.

They stared at each other with hatred, but did not utter a word.

This went on for a day... And then 2 days. And then 3 days. Finally on the 4th day, the parrot could not hold back any longer and said...

"Okay, I give up. Where's the freaking ship??

My aunt bought a parrot. A cheap one in a shop. She was warned its previous home was in a brothel but because of the price she didn’t mind.

She took it home.

“Nice new gaff. Nice new gaff” said the parrot.

Then her daughters came in.

“Nice new girls. Nice new girls.” Said the parrot.

Then her husband came home, late as usual.

“Hello Norman.” Said the Parrot.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,725
    egg said:

ydoethur said:

Since the audience was different each week, the magician did the same tricks over and over again. There was only one problem: The captain's parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the Magician did every trick.

Once he understood, he started shouting in the middle of the show, "Look, it's not the same hat!" or, "Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table!" Or "Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?"

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything. It was, after all, the Captain's parrot.

The magician luckily found himself on a piece of wood floating in the middle of the sea, as fate would have it ... With the parrot.

This went on for a day... And then 2 days. And then 3 days. Finally on the 4th day, the parrot could not hold back any longer and said...

My aunt bought a parrot. A cheap one in a shop. She was warned its previous home was in a brothel but because of the price she didn’t mind.

She took it home.

Have you been whoreding that joke, just waiting for the right moment?
  • SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    egg said:

ydoethur said:

She took it home.

Both v old jokes ...
  • nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    humbugger said:

nichomar said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

Parliament has taken back control of Brexit and now they own it, including Mr Speaker.
    It started as a Tory problem it must end with a Tory solution

egg said:

ydoethur said:

She took it home.

Both v old jokes ...
    Surely egg is providing us with yolks?
  • ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    nichomar said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

At third reading, the Commons passed the bill (European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017) by 494 to 122 on 8 February 2017.

Never knew the conservatives had 494 MPs. Interesting.
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,230
    Charles said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Well, if the tank is a M24 Chaffee, there are two pedals, two levers for steering and additional levers for adjusting the transmission. You can see more here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIqQ3tWAfVI
    ydoethur said:

egg said:

ydoethur said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Badoom tish!
    An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk out a bar.
    The Englishman wanted to go so they all had to leave. 😃
    If those are representative of your jokes, small bleeding wonder nobody pays you.
    Like you Doctor, I was at the cricket. And I was wondering, why is the ball getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
    And then it hit me.
    Gordon Bennett. I am genuinely stumped as to how to respond.
    You are an intelligent guy, do you know how many chameleons sneaked aboard the ark ?
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    What’s orange and sounds like a parrot?

🥕
    egg said:

ydoethur said:

egg said:

ydoethur said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Badoom tish!
    An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk out a bar.
    The Englishman wanted to go so they all had to leave. 😃
    If those are representative of your jokes, small bleeding wonder nobody pays you.
    Like you Doctor, I was at the cricket. And I was wondering, why is the ball getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
    And then it hit me.
    Gordon Bennett. I am genuinely stumped as to how to respond.
    You are an intelligent guy, do you know how many chameleons sneaked aboard the ark ?
    No, because the answer keeps changing to fit.
  • JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited October 2019

A 4-yearly renewable option for NI voters [or their representatives] to opt-in to SM rules fixes that neatly.

And we all thought it was repressed and pent up sexual frustration in Ulster and now they get a S&M opt in ... and the DUP get the whip hand !!

Jonathan said:

🥕

What's large, orange and sounds like gold?

22 carrots.
    JackW said:

A 4-yearly renewable option for NI voters [or their representatives] to opt-in to SM rules fixes that neatly.

And we all thought it was all repressed and pent up sexual frustration in Ulster and now they get a S&M opt in ... and the DUP get the whip hand !!

That gave me a mental image involving Arlene Foster I would have been much better off without.

I shall go to bed and try to forget it.
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Jonathan said:

🥕

I had a trainee whose surname was Parrott. I used to tell her that joke daily.

She was not amused. Ever.
  • dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    edited October 2019
    Captain Picard has opened his first new needle and thread repair shop. Its called make it sew number one
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,230
    egg said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

No, don't, that's how music hall died. Once someone had seen an act on TV, nobody would pay to go and see it live.

Velcro - what a rip off!

When I was at school, kids used to throw gold bars at me. I was the victim of bullion.
    I used to steal cars from a multi-storey car park. It was wrong on so many levels.
    As my father once said: "Son, never quote your parents"
    My dad was a pilot. I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like he did. Not screaming in fear like his passengers did.

https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jokes/tim-vine-best-jokes-and-one-liners-495010

Jonathan said:

🥕

Did she end up claiming constructive dismissal?
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    viewcode said:

egg said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Velcro - what a rip off!

I used to steal cars from a multi-storey car park. It was wrong on so many levels.
    My dad was a pilot. I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like he did. Not screaming in fear like his passengers did.

https://inews.co.uk/light-relief/jokes/tim-vine-best-jokes-and-one-liners-495010
    On hearing one engine on a plane has failed, resulting in a 1 hour delay to the flight, an Irishman turns to his neighbour and says “if the other one goes we’ll be up here all night”
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,259
    Charles said:

viewcode said:

egg said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Velcro - what a rip off!

On hearing one engine on a plane has failed, resulting in a 1 hour delay to the flight, an Irishman turns to his neighbour and says “if the other one goes we’ll be up here all night”
    You know that using an 'Irishman' as a signifier for stupidity is quite offensive @Charles?

Charles said:

viewcode said:

egg said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Velcro - what a rip off!

You know that using an 'Irishman' as a signifier for stupidity is quite offensive @Charles?
    A 2 seater aeroplane has crashed landed in a Dublin cemetery- so far Irish police have recovered over 200 bodies.
  • anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,545
    Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

One of the many ironies of the Brexit debacle is the fact that the support of the EU enables the Irish to dictate terms to the British. For the past 1000 years or so the British have had the whip hand in that relationship - you can hardly blame the Irish for taking advantage of the position that the Tories have so foolishly gifted them.
  • In the run up to Arnhem, paratroops were told if their parachutes didn't work, they could always bring them back and exchange them for a new one.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,909
    edited October 2019

Jonathan said:

🥕

Did she ever undergo a Polly-Graph test?

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

One of the many ironies of the Brexit debacle is the fact that the support of the EU enables the Irish to dictate terms to the British. For the past 1000 years or so the British have had the whip hand in that relationship - you can hardly blame the Irish for taking advantage of the position that the Tories have so foolishly gifted them.
    And they have blown it - got too greedy.
    edited October 2019
    https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1179494367750438912?s=20

"Lots could have been different but for the actions taken by the previous government that drove the country into a cul-de-sac"

Er, that's the previous Tory government that you Boris were a member of.
  • SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

Jonathan said:

🥕

Did she ever undergo a Polly-Graph test?
    Nah.. she just put the kettle on..
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,720
    edited October 2019
    Dismay in Brussels as Boris Johnson finally reveals Brexit plan
    Michel Barnier scathing in his reaction, describing PM’s Irish border proposals as a trap

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/02/boris-johnson-unveils-brexit-plan-for-alternative-to-backstop?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet
  • I once bought some trainers from a drug dealer.

I don't know what he laced them with but I've been tripping ever since.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    CatMan said:
    What else was he ever going to say?
    TGOHF2 said:

And they have blown it - got too greedy.

Yeah, they've blown it. We should just stay in the EU now. That'll learn them.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    TGOHF2 said:
    :lol: Pressure on Dublin but only from the Telegraph and Johnson/Cummings.
  • What's made of brass and sounds like Tom Jones?

Trombones.
  • Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    We already know BoZo is being worked by someone else...
    Paddy Power have already paid out on "Muppet".
    CatMan said:

Michel Barnier scathing in his reaction, describing PM’s Irish border proposals as a trap

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/02/boris-johnson-unveils-brexit-plan-for-alternative-to-backstop?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,951

Charles said:

viewcode said:

egg said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Velcro - what a rip off!

On hearing one engine on a plane has failed, resulting in a 1 hour delay to the flight, a Derby County fan turns to his neighbour and says “if the other one goes we’ll be up here all night...."

Better?
    TGOHF2 said:
    Pressure on Bayern after conceding two at Spurs.
  • Charles said:

viewcode said:

egg said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Velcro - what a rip off!

On hearing one engine on a plane has failed, resulting in a 1 hour delay to the flight, a Tory-Boy turns to his neighbour and says “if the other one goes we’ll be up here all night...."

Better?
    :innocent:
  • GIN1138 said:

CatMan said:

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA
    Princess Leia said to Luke "It's a trap!" not once, but twice in quick succession in The Empire Strikes Back.
  • Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    GIN1138 said:

CatMan said:
    What else was he ever going to say?
    Of course - Boris's solution was almost Brownian in its complexity. Gordo might even view it as simplistic.

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

Looked at another way, how ironic that after the best part of a 1000 years of treating Ireland terribly, the British are now in the process of being saved from a self-inflicted Brexit calamity by the Irish.

We don't deserve such good neighbours, we really don't.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    CatMan said:
    What are the main reasons why the EU finds it unacceptable?
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    AndyJS said:

CatMan said:
    Because we would actually leave?
  • DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

Jonathan said:

🥕

"I don't carrot all for your humour, Mr Meeks"
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

He was also at school with John Lennon and Jimmy Tarbuck, picture of them as youngsters at the beach in this article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7528979/Ex-BBC-ITN-newsreader-Peter-Sissons-died-age-77.html
    Very sobering to watch that programme now, and to have to confront the reality that so many of those who appeared are no longer alive - John Cole - Anthony King - Peter Sissons - Paddy Ashdown - John Smith - Donald Dewar - Robin Cook. Tempus fugit.
  • humbuggerhumbugger Posts: 377
    Floater said:

AndyJS said:

CatMan said:
    Because we would actually leave?
    Was the questionmark necessary?
  • Noo said:

TGOHF2 said:
    Let's not bring that up pls...

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

Looked at another way, how ironic that after the best part of a 1000 years of treating Ireland terribly, the British are now in the process of being saved from a self-inflicted Brexit calamity by the Irish.

I can confirm they want to save us for their own benefit, not ours. Nobody wants our corpse in the pool.
  • AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited October 2019
    This video is so interesting I've watched it about three or four times already. It helps to explain what's gone wrong with liberalism over the last 10 to 15 years.

"Interview with John Gray on political populism"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hC5nXXJrV8

Noo said:

TGOHF2 said:
    Pressure on Spurs after only finishing one place above Arsenal.
    Better for you?
  • Noo said:

TGOHF2 said:
    Have you seen your new sponsors and kit?

Noo said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

nico67 said:

rcs1000 said:

Varadkar.
    Pardon?

Charles said:

Cyclefree said:

I can confirm they want to save us for their own benefit, not ours. Nobody wants our corpse in the pool.
    Well that's a fair point. Nevertheless, given how badly this island has treated their island over 100s of years, I still find it remarkable that they are coming to our rescue in this way.
    CatMan said:
    Well I may be crazy but I still think there's going to be a deal done on 17th/18th October, Boris will present it to Parliament on 21st (or 19th if there's a rare Saturday sitting) and we'll leave with WA on 31st.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

AndyJS said:

Very sobering to watch that programme now, and to have to confront the reality that so many of those who appeared are no longer alive - John Cole - Anthony King - Peter Sissons - Paddy Ashdown - John Smith - Donald Dewar - Robin Cook. Tempus fugit.
    Who can forget the death of Tempus Fugit? Taken from us too soon. RIP, dear dear friend.
    GIN1138 said:

CatMan said:
    Well I may be crazy but I still think there's going to be a deal done on 17th/18th October, Boris will present it to Parliament on 21st (or 19th if there's a rare Saturday sitting) and we'll leave with WA on 31st.
    You probably are crazy to think that; alternatively you may be proved right.

Who knows? Interesting times indeed.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,836
    So there were these 2 gammons in this beer garden watching the kids on the bouncy castle and one ...
  • Noo said:

TGOHF2 said:
    Have you seen your new sponsors and kit?

Lol
    This is the sort of orchestration and rallying of support that Nabavi was expecting for Theresa May's deal to create the psychological pressure for other people to fall into line.
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    GIN1138 said:

CatMan said:
    But the PM legally has to send the extension letter after the 19th.
  • tysontyson Posts: 6,049
    Watching the Tory party conference on the news makes one realise what an enormous group of tosspots Conservative members have become....just an observation, but methinks a good one...

This is the sort of orchestration and rallying of support that Nabavi was expecting for Theresa May's deal to create the psychological pressure for other people to fall into line.

All wasted if the EU reject it.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    What's old and wrinkled and hangs out granddad's underpants?

Grandma on washing day.
  • dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    I feel less confident tonight having heard from Verhofstadt and co....
    In terms of the 'sources', of course it's easy to find sources to confirm any position.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    edited October 2019
    Whose regulations on the "all island regulatory zone"?

The EU's presumably so where do the intra Island/border checks come in?

Edit: a hippy walks into Domino's and says to the guy there: "make me one with everything".
    ydoethur said:

egg said:

ydoethur said:

She took it home.

Both v old jokes ...
    Surely egg is providing us with yolks?
    Very old yokes, from when walls had ears and lions had tea shops.

The pun thread seems a suitable way to round off the conference season.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,598
    With this shambles of a proposal from Boris getting laughed out in Brussels, and public opinion now swinging strongly against Brexit, maybe we should consider the possibility that Brexit will never happen?
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,598

Charles said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

egg said:

Cyclefree said:

Did you hear about the psephologist from Warsaw who moved to Haiti?

He became a Voodoo Pole! :lol:
    One of my all time PB favourites that one

I feel less confident tonight having heard from Verhofstadt and co....
    In terms of the 'sources', of course it's easy to find sources to confirm any position.

I’ve seen less twat tweets mocking Dom’s war games though - may just be coincidence..
This discussion has been closed.