Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Punters pile on to a 2019 general election in reaction to John

Comments

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    What’s the plural of Incitatus?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    IanB2 said:

Williamson educating people to do what?

Sell fireplaces?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    Pulpstar said:

lol Leadsom to business !

Andrea still hanging in there. :D
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    Cometh the hour...

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,631
    Ave_it said:

Can the hard left entitled remoaners such as cyclefree stop whining and recognise what is good for Britain! I am surprised roger and Tyson arent on too.

Good news HYUFD and I are here to represent voice of reason

#priti

Is the lack of universal approbation making you uncomfortable ?

• Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    IanB2 said:

Leak
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Posts: 438
    edited July 2019
    Zephyr said:

The Conservative party has definitely changed from the 80’s, now modern, progressive, inclusive. Boris wants to save this Conservative party from disaster. There’s a huge number of Conservative members and voters who passionately believe the way forward out of Britain’s decline in this world has to be a break from the EU and go global Britain. They will go to Farage’s neo Thatcherite Party if the Conservative government doesn’t deliver Brexit. Perhaps go for ever. remainers need to battle for those voters too, not remain in denial about what has happened and why. Progress in this instance is satisfying what remainers across the political spectrum remain blinkered to, desire of the British people for self governance and reversing Britain’s decline in the world.

JosiasJessop said:

That is all good and well. except:
    *) IME the UKIP-entry 'Boriservative' party is not about being modern, progressive or inclusive. Hence the UKIP-candidate who once complained about the evils of immigration in front of my wife.
    *) Farage is not 'neo-Thatcherite'. He's the first Faragist.
    *) I'm intrigued about what you think the cause of 'Britain’s decline in this world' actually was.

Zephyr said:

Lets be honest and straightforward about role immigration plays in our politics today. People see greater numbers of culturally foreign looking people about the place and feel uneasy about that, not because they are consumed by hatred and prejudices, but because it’s change they don’t feel comfortable with exactly same as loss of the green spaces and what was farm land 35 years ago to crummy housing blocks and estates is change they are not feeling comfortable with. This taking back control can only be addressed by standing up to business as Brown and May pledged to, cutting immigration to tens of thousands rather than hundreds of thousands as Cam promised. Where those politicians explicitly promised and nakedly failed, voters turn to others to deliver.

100 years ago today a school teacher pointed to a map of the world, the Union Jack was all over it. We owned it. Since then one by one those flags were erased till the last flag on top the British isles was erased and replaced with the EU flag.
    During same period we have deindustrialised. Take a look at youthful Alan Whicker counting British cars on this bridge to illustrate British industrial decline and consider how decades of astute governments we have or haven’t played a smart long game in managing our transformation to post industrial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNvgEQ0RHs8.

In the excellent Brexit Uncivil War Cummings went out into the street put his ear to the road because he could hear something. Read between what I am posting. I’m not trying to upset remainers, I’m trying to help them hear it too. For example, is it honest to say standing up to business and cut immigration to tens of thousands takes billions of £ out the economy?
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    dixiedean said:

Cyclefree said:

ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Cyclefree said:

A government of liars.

One government of absolute liars?

THey have one goal...
    A cabinet crafted out of finest English oak, from ear to ear.
    If only their bark was worse than their bite...

I am seriously regretting voting Tory in 2017.
    How does one oppose them? My constituency is already Labour. I can’t support Corbyn anyway.

I really fear that rights we have eg for equality will be taken away when you have people like Patel as HS and Cummings behind the scenes
    Not to mention employment rights.
    How ? They have no majority ?

May's Government managed to pass nothing of consequence. I expect Boris will emulate her.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,289
    The farmers and fisherfolk of Chipping Barnet are dancing in the streets....
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,214
    Ave_it said:

Can the hard left entitled remoaners such as cyclefree stop whining and recognise what is good for Britain! I am surprised roger and Tyson arent on too.

#priti

Hard left?! Me? I think you may have confused me with a member of the Labour party.

The last thing this government is concerned about is the interests of the country.

Still I am sure hard Brexiteers like you will be volunteering to be the first to lose your jobs and be last in the queue for medicines. After all you wouldn’t want us to think that you’re the sort of hypocrite who is happy for others to suffer but unwilling to endure the pain themselves, would you?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    "This is a reshuffle that Pol Pot might have indulged in"

D, Mellor
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,983
    edited July 2019
    GIN1138 said:

On Topic

Have been saying for months there would be a general election in October.

And I've been saying for ages that it actually isn't possible to hold one unless he calls it tomorrow...

Let's see how things play out but Boris can only get an election if 440 MPs vote for one and I suspect they may have urgent business on the day of the vote...

And if he doesn't hold it tomorrow Labour forcing him to extend for the election to occur will be a sight to behold...
  • Options

What’s the plural of Incitatus?

Incels?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,632
    I've just spotted the silver lining in all this: Grayling out.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Hello Nigel totally relaxed about it

Boris

Good for BREXIT good for Britain

Hope we stop welfare too in the first budget £100bn pa saved good news
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    Quoting Mellor instantly warms me to Johnson
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    Even within the realms of a Brexit Cabinet, Leadsom at Business doesn't feel a very natural fit.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    GIN1138 said:

Pulpstar said:

lol Leadsom to business !

Andrea still hanging in there. :D
    I thought "Truss for Business" would have been better!
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

IanB2 said:

Leak
    He has been given one of the very few cabinet posts that doesn't involve National Security...
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Shit ! I've just realised how important Truss' position is in the event we leave without a deal ! :D
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    GIN1138 said:

On Topic

Good I will be voting LD, I regret voting Tory in 2017.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,289
    Dom Joly becomes a political party member for the first time today...
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    tlg86 said:

D, Mellor

Quite reminiscent of the Roehm Purge of June 1934.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    Cyclefree said:

Ave_it said:

#priti

Hard left?! Me? I think you may have confused me with a member of the Labour party.

The last thing this government is concerned about is the interests of the country.

Still I am sure hard Brexiteers like you will be volunteering to be the first to lose your jobs and be last in the queue for medicines. After all you wouldn’t want us to think that you’re the sort of hypocrite who is happy for others to suffer but unwilling to endure the pain themselves, would you?
    If one is far enough to the right, all of us seem hard left, rather in the way that people who have never left Kansas assume that everyone in Britain knows each other. (Welcome to the revolution, comrade Cyclefree.)
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,465

Not the only silver lining. Hammond gone will surely lift the economy in and of itself.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658

Maybe we didn't realise he was actually the crucial cog holding the whole thing together? Or at least provided cover for other's incompetence?
  • Options
    eek said:

GIN1138 said:

On Topic

And I've been saying for ages that it actually isn't possible to hold one unless he calls it tomorrow...

Let's see how things play out but Boris can only get an election if 440 MPs vote for one and I suspect they may have urgent business on the day of the vote...

And if he doesn't hold it tomorrow Labour forcing him to extend for the election to occur will be a sight to behold...
    434 to be precise.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314
    Rudd staying did I miss that?
  • Options
    Jenrick succeeds Brokenshire at Communities, Housing and Local Govt.
  • Options
    I wonder how long Boris's bounce will last as Nissan announce the closure of Sunderland tomorrow
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,689
    Cyclefree said:

Ave_it said:

#priti

I think you mightt find this piece on No Deal Brexiters interesting. Inity is a long way off.

https://twitter.com/lsebrexitvote/status/1153912031998820352?s=19

• Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,726
    Memo to Liz. Try not to look TOO desperate for one of those Global buccaneering Britain deals:

"Why would Canada make any concessions in a CETA equivalent [deal] when we know that we'll have pretty much 95 per cent duty-free access into that market?" said Brian Kingston, vice-president of the Business Council of Canada.

"Yes, the U.K. is an important and large market, but any negotiator sitting down with them would recognize that there's
    a different level of desperation with the Brits."

https://twitter.com/DavidHenigUK/status/1154082741815824385
  • Options
    Blimey, Nicky Morgan at Digital, Media etc
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Ave_it said:

#priti

If one is far enough to the right, all of us seem hard left, rather in the way that people who have never left Kansas assume that everyone in Britain knows each other. (Welcome to the revolution, comrade Cyclefree.)
    Hello Cyclefree I was in one of 'your' constituencies Copeland yesterday. They love your views there. Are you going to take the opportunity to vote labour there??
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913

I have to say I think that Johnson has been politically very smart indeed. This Cabinet all but guarantees a big swing from BXP to the Tories. How can Farage not endorse it? With a split opposition he has to be a huge favourite to win the next election. The only spanner in the works is that what Johnson has done is so extreme that it may galvanise non-Tories to be very careful with their votes. I can see a scenario where Labour keeps most of its English seats, while the LDs pick up quite a few in the SE and SW, as well as some in Scotland. I am more confident that the LDs will do well than Labour will, but it could happen.

Corbyn's departure is the only game changer, otherwise it's going to be Johnson win as the opposition fragments as it did in the Foot v Alliance years. The consequences of Labour members electing Corbyn become more tragic as each day passes.
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    HYUFD said:

Good strong new Cabinet from Boris. A more mixed top team with 3 Remainers replaced by Javid as Chancellor, a Remainer but first Asian Chancellor and Raab as Foreign Secretary and Patel as Home Secretary, both Leavers and Patel first female and first Asian Home Secretary

Promotions too for women like Villiers and Truss so far

Was Jacqui Smlith the first female home sec ?
  • Options
    Following today's events I suspect far more people see Boris Johnson as the thoroughly malign, disreputable human being that he so clearly is.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    Cicero said:

HYUFD said:

Good strong new Cabinet from Boris. A more mixed top team with 3 Remainers replaced by Javid as Chancellor, a Remainer but first Asian Chancellor and Raab as Foreign Secretary and Patel as Home Secretary, both Leavers and Patel first female and first Asian Home Secretary

Hilariously unaware... Your man has terrified your party an infuriated the rest of us... The only questions now are how quickly and how badly does this fiasco end?
    Nope, this is a Cabinet more ethnically diverse and female and which has more Leavers too and will win back many Brexit Party voters to the Tories without whom Boris cannot win a majority
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    She's genuinely got a good record in that area.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Not first female Asian Home Secretary
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    HYUFD said:

Sadly just about nobody on here agrees with you.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    O/T

Does anyone understand these odds for the England v Ireland test match?

England 1.32
    Ireland 4.7
    Draw 29

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/cricket/market/1.160127177
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,482
    Striking thing so far is the number of retreads who left for reasons of scandal or general uselessness.
    Is it because the talent pool is that empty, or is BJ the PM after people who are too compromised to argue back at him? Neither is a good look.
  • Options
    Boris is Bercow's fourth PM whilst speaker. Is that a record?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    OllyT said:

I have to say I think that Johnson has been politically very smart indeed. This Cabinet all but guarantees a big swing from BXP to the Tories. How can Farage not endorse it? With a split opposition he has to be a huge favourite to win the next election. The only spanner in the works is that what Johnson has done is so extreme that it may galvanise non-Tories to be very careful with their votes. I can see a scenario where Labour keeps most of its English seats, while the LDs pick up quite a few in the SE and SW, as well as some in Scotland. I am more confident that the LDs will do well than Labour will, but it could happen.

Corbyn's departure is the only game changer, otherwise it's going to be Johnson win as the opposition fragments as it did in the Foot v Alliance years. The consequences of Labour members electing Corbyn become more tragic as each day passes.
    With respect, you probably had similar expectations in Spring 2017! I certainly did - and was proved wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Scott_P said:
    Yet the number of Tory Party voters to Brexit Party voters down 12%, mainly swapping some Tory Remainers to the LDs for Brexit Party Leavers to the Tories.

56% of 2017 Tories now voting Tory compared to 47% 5 days ago
  • Options
    OllyT said:

HYUFD said:

I agree with HUFYD voice of reason
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    HYUFD said:

Just wondering, Mr HY.... but how is it going down with the rank and file Conservative that three of the top political posts are held by two Indians and and an Israeli? While the top post of all is held by a person of Turkish descent?

Just wondering.........
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314
    OllyT said:

HYUFD said:

Including himself. He is a remainer who voted remain in 2016. He is bitterly disappointed.
  • Options
    JohnO said:

Must admit I am somewhat surprised that Amber Rudd and Nicky Morgan are willing to sit in a Cabinet that's prepared to leave the EU on 31st October Deal Or No Deal...
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    eek said:

I wonder how long Boris's bounce will last as Nissan announce the closure of Sunderland tomorrow

To be fair Sunderland voted leave, a Boris visit there will keep their spirits up.
  • Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,291
    I imagine there are going to be a fair few unionists like me looking at this cabinet going "Yeah we really should have voted Yes in 2014".
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JohnO said:

Must admit I am somewhat surprised that Amber Rudd and Nicky Morgan are willing to sit in a Cabinet that's prepared to leave the EU on 31st October Deal Or No Deal...
    Rudd confirmed as staying at DWP.
  • Options

Striking thing so far is the number of retreads who left for reasons of scandal or general uselessness.
    Is it because the talent pool is that empty, or is BJ the PM after people who are too compromised to argue back at him? Neither is a good look.

Yes all the names so far (except the guy at Defense no on has ever heard of) are people who have been on the scene for years and years.

I was expecting Cabinet promotions for quite a few of the 2015 in take but doesn't look like it's happening.

Maybe Boris wants known names for the general election?
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Posts: 438
    HYUFD said:

Will be interesting to watch Villiers. I think she is good, open minded and straightforward.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,726
    Scott_P said:
    Interesting chart. The Tories are losing votes to the Lib Dems as quickly as they are regaining them from the Brexit Party.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

Just wondering, Mr HY.... but how is it going down with the rank and file Conservative that three of the top political posts are held by two Indians and and an Israeli? While the top post of all is held by a person of Turkish descent?

Just wondering.........
    I hadn't realised that Raab was [German origin] Jewish, but how does that make him Israeli?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481
    tlg86 said:

No, Speaker Fiztroy went through 5 PMs.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yorkcity said:

eek said:

To be fair Sunderland voted leave, a Boris visit there will keep their spirits up.
    Yep - those who couldn't get jobs at Nissan...
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,956
    Scott_P said:
    Grant "Michael Green" Shapps, surely?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,038
    Zephyr said:

Zephyr said:
    (Snip)

Zephyr said:

Lets be honest and straightforward about role immigration plays in our politics today. People see greater numbers of culturally foreign looking people about the place and feel uneasy about that, not because they are consumed by hatred and prejudices, but because it’s change they don’t feel comfortable with exactly same as loss of the green spaces and what was farm land 35 years ago to crummy housing blocks and estates is change they are not feeling comfortable with. This taking back control can only be addressed by standing up to business as Brown and May pledged to, cutting immigration to tens of thousands rather than hundreds of thousands as Cam promised. Where those politicians explicitly promised and nakedly failed, voters turn to others to deliver.

100 years ago today a school teacher pointed to a map of the world, the Union Jack was all over it. We owned it. Since then one by one those flags were erased till the last flag on top the British isles was erased and replaced with the EU flag.
    During same period we have deindustrialised. Take a look at youthful Alan Whicker counting British cars on this bridge to illustrate British industrial decline and consider how decades of astute governments we have or haven’t played a smart long game in managing our transformation to post industrial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNvgEQ0RHs8.

In the excellent Brexit Uncivil War Cummings went out into the street put his ear to the road because he could hear something. Read between what I am posting. I’m not trying to upset remainers, I’m trying to help them hear it too. For example, is it honest to say standing up to business and cut immigration to tens of thousands takes billions of £ out the economy?

"People see greater numbers of culturally foreign looking people about the place and feel uneasy about that, not because they are consumed by hatred and prejudices, but because it’s change they don’t feel comfortable with exactly same as loss of the green spaces and what was farm land 35 years ago to crummy housing blocks and estates is change they are not feeling comfortable with."

Mrs J was recently very ill in hospital, during which time she was treated by many 'culturally foreign looking people'. Fortunately it was not as serious as feared and they didn't have to save her life, but I bet those 'culturally foreign looking people' would have saved her just as well as the 'culturally white looking people' would have. and that's a problem I've seen first-hand: many people who complain about 'immigrants' refuse to see the immigrants who contribute daily around them as immigrants: 'immigrants' are the horror stores in the Daily Mail.

And change is the one constant in life. A country that does not adapt to change, fails.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ishmael_Z said:

PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

Just wondering.........
    I hadn't realised that Raab was [German origin] Jewish, but how does that make him Israeli?
    Czech not German.His late father was but not his English mother.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    eek said:

got a source for that?
  • Options

tlg86 said:

No, Speaker Fiztroy went through 5 PMs.
    Five tenures, four people. Bercow could get to five of each before the year's out.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,632
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Not first female Asian Home Secretary
    You said 'first female'. Just for once admit you got something wrong.
  • Options

Cyclefree said:

Ave_it said:

#priti

If only your party had a decent leader I might well join you Comrade Palmer. As it is......

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,079
    FF43 said:

Scott_P said:
    Interesting chart. The Tories are losing votes to the Lib Dems as quickly as they are regaining them from the Brexit Party.
    It demonstrates a point I was making to HYUFD recently: the attempt to win back Brexit Party voters shrinks the overall Con + BXP total.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,816
    Shit leader, shit cabinet, the utterly dogshit plan of a brain dead wankbreath, shit, shit, shit times.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The cabinet ministers who I despise the most Amber Rudd, Morgan and Hancock .

Vile , disgusting unprincipled who sold out versus just the nutjobs who were always for no deal .
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,130
    justin124 said:

tlg86 said:

D, Mellor

Quite reminiscent of the Roehm Purge of June 1934.
    Who was in bed with whom when the ERG Schutzstaffel kicked down the doors?
  • Options
    Good to see Layla Moran has tweeted something. She always adds value. Has she sorted out her laptop now? 😄
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    FF43 said:

Scott_P said:
    Astonishing that only 1% are going to Labour.

Blair’s entire strategy was about capturing votes direct from the Conservatives.

Don’t screw up, Jo.
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    Well, I would not brag too much about the Education portfolio if I was a LibDem.

Kirsty Williams holds it in Wales -- and Welsh Education services are a bigger disaster than English.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,465
    Pro_Rata said:

Shit leader, shit cabinet, the utterly dogshit plan of a brain dead wankbreath, shit, shit, shit times.

Can we put you down as a maybe then?
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Cyclefree said:

Ave_it said:

#priti

Hello Cyclefree I was in one of 'your' constituencies Copeland yesterday. They love your views there. Are you going to take the opportunity to vote labour there??
    They will not love the damage a No Deal Brexit will do their area. The Tory MP has a very small majority. She’ll be out on her ear.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,171
    Johnson's radical ruthlessness is sending a message to the electorate and also to Brussels.
  • Options
    Ho ho, very satirical. He just needs a good slapping.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,770
    JohnO said:

Jenrick succeeds Brokenshire at Communities, Housing and Local Govt.

Owns multiple houses worth over £5m, who says he is an entrepreneur when never ran his own business, but was a manager for an auction house. Not one of the elite at all.

Bad news for anyone renting or ever wanting to buy their first property at a reasonable price. Bad news for the long term future of the Tory party as even fewer 30 and 40 somethings move to supporting them.
  • Options
    Nothing for IDS, JRM or MFI I see? :(
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    geoffw said:

Johnson's radical ruthlessness is sending a message to the electorate and also to Brussels.

The EU will just yawn and let the Tories implode .
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    JohnO said:

GIN1138 said:

JohnO said:

Rudd confirmed as staying at DWP.
    Best she could hope for.
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Just like the Roehm Purge of 1934!
  • Options
    OnboardG1OnboardG1 Posts: 1,291
    geoffw said:

Yes, the message is "I am a fucking moron and have no idea what I'm doing".
  • Options
    justin124 said:

geoffw said:

You do realise that the 1934 long knives were non-metaphorical, do you?
  • Options
    justin124 said:

geoffw said:

I just wish that sometimes people wouldn't over do it with all these 1930's analogies. I mean it's not like Chamberlain has left and Churchill has taken over is it?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,222
    Pro_Rata said:

OK so that is a quite comprehensive analysis of Labour under Corbyn. Any thoughts on Boris?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259

FF43 said:

Scott_P said:
    Astonishing that only 1% are going to Labour.

Blair’s entire strategy was about capturing votes direct from the Conservatives.

Don’t screw up, Jo.
    Hear, hear.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Scotswoman.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Ho ho, very satirical. He just needs a good slapping.
    😄😄😄
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    Pro_Rata said:

You seem upset !!!!
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,770
    FF43 said:

Scott_P said:
    Experts will know better but I imagine seats wise losing a further 5% of votes to LD but gaining 5% from Brexit party would cost rather than gain Tory seats? Particularly with anti Tory tactical voting likely to be higher than ever.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    nico67 said:

geoffw said:

The EU will just yawn and let the Tories implode .
    That's probably the right approach now. It's inconceivable that a new better deal is going to be negotiated with the new government.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

justin124 said:

geoffw said:

You do realise that the 1934 long knives were non-metaphorical, do you?
    They mainly used bullets , I believe.
This discussion has been closed.