Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Stand by for a big announcement at 10pm – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,590
    MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Even if you do not like Trump, the second to last paragraph is spot on:

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/elected-mark-milley-china-military/

Nope, no-one elected Mark Milley but no-one elected Vasili Arkhipov or Stanislav Petrov either, but we might not still be here if they hadn’t done what they did.

And US military swear oaths to obey lawful orders from their superiors, and the bit about defending the Constitution comes first IIRC. Hard to defend a constitution if the country it constitutes is a pile of smoking rubble.
    Stanislav Petrov is a bad example. He was the Duty Officer and made a decision that the alarm was probably false.

It is slightly different to telling your opposite number you will give them advance notice of an attack and consult no civilian on your actions.

As I said to @ydoethur the question is, if Milley did this to a Democrat President under the same circumstances or a similar situation, would you see it as similarly justified or say it is wrong?
    Any sane person would see it as justified.

I am aware this definition does not include most current Republican voters.
    Most sane - and true - liberal voters would see Milley’s actions as unjustified. And you still haven’t answered whether you would support Milley’s actions if a Democratic President was involved in a similar situation.
    Really?

British nuclear weapon launching is under military rather than political control, I believe.
    But with civilian authorisation. Correct me if I am wrong but, unless in extreme circumstances, the military can’t go launching nuclear missles by themselves.
    Unlike the Americans, British Nukes are launched by the submarine crew, with no code required.

While I want the things scrapped, I would rather trust the Royal Naval officers, than politicians of any Party.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Liverpool 3 - Milan 2

Cracker

Absolutely brilliant game.
    Milan to make it 3-4 ??
    Liverpool showing amazing energy
  • Options

moonshine said:

Here's the link to the White House feed for the BoJoScoMoJoBi announcement.

Jhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0S8OwNiFY

Do you reckon it's an announcement about Aliens getting in touch?

Leon?....
    It remains possible. An aliens announcement would come with a mundane cover story to prevent leaks. Oh I dunno, something about procurement contracts for nuclear subs. But… I doubt it is because the Japs would probably be on stage too.
    Found a preview of the speach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5_Bc8ixvv8
    I'm not entirely sure if this was meant to be parody or serious, but this is a good one too:
    https://youtu.be/sSfejgwbDQ8?t=211
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump
    But, correct me if I am wrong

You're wrong
    Thanks, I bow to your superior knowledge and intellect.

On a more useful note, since you know everything, can you tell me who will the next few horse races?
    I don't know everything. I only see things clearly that are plain to anyone with eyes. I have no great skill.
    But you're a wrong 'un. I'm certain of that.
    Yes, yes, and I bet you go around telling everyone you are a good person who is a true democrat, and you can’t believe all the evil people in the world. As long as you vote for a person that you approve of.

If you want to label all those who said they would vote Trump as wrong and evil, go ahead. I said at the time his post election behaviour was wrong.

We had a discussion on here the other day about whether Labour would ever win again. It’s individuals like you - and your attitude - who make that unlikely. Nobody likes the smug, superior type even if they do have a degree in Sociology or Media Studies
    No, I'm not even a nice person if you must know. But I steer clear of fascist writers and supporting sex pest politicians, so there's always that.

Oh and I got kicked off my Media Studies course, so I don't have a degree at all. Ha, bet you feel silly now!
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

On a more useful note, since you know everything, can you tell me who will the next few horse races?
    I don't know everything. I only see things clearly that are plain to anyone with eyes. I have no great skill.
    Yes, yes, and I bet you go around telling everyone you are a good person who is a true democrat, and you can’t believe all the evil people in the world. As long as you vote for a person that you approve of.

If you want to label all those who said they would vote Trump as wrong and evil, go ahead. I said at the time his post election behaviour was wrong.

We had a discussion on here the other day about whether Labour would ever win again. It’s individuals like you - and your attitude - who make that unlikely. Nobody likes the smug, superior type even if they do have a degree in Sociology or Media Studies
    No, I'm not even a nice person if you must know. But I steer clear of fascist writers and supporting sex pest politicians, so there's always that.

Oh and I got kicked off my Media Studies course, so I don't have a degree at all. Ha, bet you feel silly now!
    Knew it was Media Studies though 😀
  • Options
    Meanwhile, paging @ydoethur and others in the PB edu-posse. This is serious ravens-leaving-the-Tower-of-London stuff. So big it needs an international press conference to distract from it.

Bloody hell Nick Gibb's gone. I assume hell has actually frozen over?

https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1438233786400088069?s=19
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,477
    I wonder whether BJ has pre-briefed SKS.

On something like this it would perhaps be sensible.
  • Options

Meanwhile, paging @ydoethur and others in the PB edu-posse. This is serious ravens-leaving-the-Tower-of-London stuff. So big it needs an international press conference to distract from it.

Bloody hell Nick Gibb's gone. I assume hell has actually frozen over?

https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1438233786400088069?s=19

I know someone who will be very pleased
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    edited September 2021
    Really odd how tv news is just ignoring this impending announcement. And basically all the print media websites are keeping quiet on what it’s about.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,137
    MaxPB said:

moonshine said:

Were this some sort of reaffirmation of the Anglo alliance, would we not have heard about it for months? Why the sudden announcement?

I can't think of anything like this before. A triple heads of government presentation at short notice.
    Maybe they're going to present evidence for the lab leak and form a new defence partnership to counter future threats from China.
    More likely the threat to China that if they invade Taiwan, we will all be very cross.
  • Options
    Got the game on my laptop and Sky News in the background on the TV, but Sky just seem to be talking about the reshuffle still, not a hint from them of the PM speaking with POTUS and Aussie PM as far as I've seen.
  • Options
    Leon said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Hang on, this can't be true.

I keep being told our foreign policy is finished after Brexit and the advantage is wholly with the EU.

I wait to hear the detail but this could be a very dramatic development with lots of implications for NATO and others

And this from Joe Biden not Trump
    I suspect it probably isn't - just some extra defence cooperation and a political astatement - but I'm sure it will be interesting nonetheless.
    Possibly but I don't see why that would not be a Defence Secretary announcement instead of Heads of Government. Which suggests something major.
    Johnson's bridge to Ireland is going to be extended to Australia via San Fransisco?
    Dilyn to become Joint Head of all three countries with Carrie as Regent
    I still reckon they're re-uniting under the Crown but maybe they're skipping Charles and going straight to the new Queen Emma Raducanu, which is why it needs a pretty big build-up

Fine by me. A really Hot Teen Queen (to be known as HTQ from now on)

What happens when she stops being a teen? Ritual sacrifice or abdication followed by a replacement selected Strictly/X Factor stylee?
  • Options

MaxPB said:

moonshine said:

Were this some sort of reaffirmation of the Anglo alliance, would we not have heard about it for months? Why the sudden announcement?

I can't think of anything like this before. A triple heads of government presentation at short notice.
    Maybe they're going to present evidence for the lab leak and form a new defence partnership to counter future threats from China.
    More likely the threat to China that if they invade Taiwan, we will all be very cross.
    Its like counting to 3 to a child then wondering what you do when you say 3 and they don't react.
  • Options

Got the game on my laptop and Sky News in the background on the TV, but Sky just seem to be talking about the reshuffle still, not a hint from them of the PM speaking with POTUS and Aussie PM as far as I've seen.

Nor BBC

Very strange
  • Options

What’s your guess then?
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Really odd how tv news is just ignoring this impending announcement. And basically all the print media websites are keeping quiet on what it’s about.

Sorry, but I though it was known to be about technology sharing with Australia. Probably making a big deal to show China the Pacific isn't theirs. I feel like it's a presser for Beijing's eyes more than ours.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Nope, no-one elected Mark Milley but no-one elected Vasili Arkhipov or Stanislav Petrov either, but we might not still be here if they hadn’t done what they did.

And US military swear oaths to obey lawful orders from their superiors, and the bit about defending the Constitution comes first IIRC. Hard to defend a constitution if the country it constitutes is a pile of smoking rubble.
    Stanislav Petrov is a bad example. He was the Duty Officer and made a decision that the alarm was probably false.

It is slightly different to telling your opposite number you will give them advance notice of an attack and consult no civilian on your actions.

As I said to @ydoethur the question is, if Milley did this to a Democrat President under the same circumstances or a similar situation, would you see it as similarly justified or say it is wrong?

Most sane - and true - liberal voters would see Milley’s actions as unjustified. And you still haven’t answered whether you would support Milley’s actions if a Democratic President was involved in a similar situation.
    Really?

British nuclear weapon launching is under military rather than political control, I believe.
    But with civilian authorisation. Correct me if I am wrong but, unless in extreme circumstances, the military can’t go launching nuclear missles by themselves.
    Unlike the Americans, British Nukes are launched by the submarine crew, with no code required.

While I want the things scrapped, I would rather trust the Royal Naval officers, than politicians of any Party.
    Have to admit I thought that was barmy and must be wrong but you are right. I stand corrected.

Bloody Hell.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

What’s your guess then?
    Its this awfully named AUUKUS agreement but I'm not sure why that needs heads of government announcing it on TV like this.
  • Options

Nor BBC

Very strange
    Nothing whatsoever trending on Twitter either
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,164
    moonshine said:

Getting your hopes up?
  • Options

Nor BBC

Very strange
    This story is either far bigger than anyone can imagine or the dampest of damp squibs.

Not long to go.
  • Options

Leon said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Hang on, this can't be true.

I keep being told our foreign policy is finished after Brexit and the advantage is wholly with the EU.

I wait to hear the detail but this could be a very dramatic development with lots of implications for NATO and others

And this from Joe Biden not Trump
    I suspect it probably isn't - just some extra defence cooperation and a political astatement - but I'm sure it will be interesting nonetheless.
    Possibly but I don't see why that would not be a Defence Secretary announcement instead of Heads of Government. Which suggests something major.
    Johnson's bridge to Ireland is going to be extended to Australia via San Fransisco?
    Dilyn to become Joint Head of all three countries with Carrie as Regent
    I still reckon they're re-uniting under the Crown but maybe they're skipping Charles and going straight to the new Queen Emma Raducanu, which is why it needs a pretty big build-up

Fine by me. A really Hot Teen Queen (to be known as HTQ from now on)

What happens when she stops being a teen? Ritual sacrifice or abdication followed by a replacement selected Strictly/X Factor stylee?
    Presumably some will still use HTG with “Teen” replaced by “Twenties”
  • Options
    Told my son about tonight's announcement which he is very interested in

However, he has just had a shout by the RNLI
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,024
    moonshine said:

Nor BBC

Very strange
    I'm willing to bet it is not UFOs. Sadly. Coz that would be enormous fun
  • Options
    Farooq said:

moonshine said:

Sorry, but I though it was known to be about technology sharing with Australia. Probably making a big deal to show China the Pacific isn't theirs. I feel like it's a presser for Beijing's eyes more than ours.
    An emergency presser just for Beijing while it’s 5am in Beijing
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Have to admit I thought that was barmy and must be wrong but you are right. I stand corrected.

Bloody Hell.
    For a little extra flavour, there's often talk when a new PM comes in about "the letter" they have to write: instructions to the subs about what to do if "contact is lost", i.e. a surprise attack has taken out the UK government thoroughly enough that no instructions on whether to retaliate or not. The contents of the letter are kept secret.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Quite right that the military shouldn't go launching the weapons by themselves without checks.

Nor should the President.

If the President goes crazy the military absolutely has the duty to double-check with other relevant people before following through with such madness just because a deranged individual is telling them to send the weapons flying.
  • Options
    Man City game is also a bit of a goal fest......5-3....
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

What's wrong with Media Studies? Of more practical modern day use than my Politics degree. I have never needed to use my encyclopaedic knowledge of Robert Nozick's political discourse for one moment during my working life.
  • Options

Fingers crossed it all goes well. The rescues on the tv programme are often terrifying.
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132

Well, these primary school kids, they will keep drifting out to sea on inflatable swans at 9:45 at night...
  • Options

moonshine said:

Getting your hopes up?
    I hope it’s not UFOs. I mean it would be nice to have been right and all. But I’ve thought about it deeply for quite a long time now. And it would make me sick to my stomach. I’ve had an unpleasant racing heart for an hour just on the off chance it really is.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Nor BBC

Very strange
    I take it that the Tweeter in the header is actually reliable?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Bloody Hell.
    For a little extra flavour, there's often talk when a new PM comes in about "the letter" they have to write: instructions to the subs about what to do if "contact is lost", i.e. a surprise attack has taken out the UK government thoroughly enough that no instructions on whether to retaliate or not. The contents of the letter are kept secret.
    Don’t they also get a visit from the minister for magic?
  • Options

Fingers crossed it all goes well. The rescues on the tv programme are often terrifying.
    Thanks and they never know what they may face
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,149
     spooky
  • Options

moonshine said:

Nor BBC

Very strange
    I take it that the Tweeter in the header is actually reliable?
    Sky just referenced it in an interview with Tobias Elwood(?). But aren’t really talking about it. There’s an embargo that seems to be holding.
  • Options

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

What's wrong with Media Studies? Of more practical modern day use than my Politics degree. I have never needed to use my encyclopaedic knowledge of Robert Nozick's political discourse for one moment during my working life.
    I don't actually know what people study in Media Studies. Has anyone here genuinely studied it? I'll bet there's something cool in there.
  • Options

Chinese warships off Anglesey?
  • Options

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

Actually, nothing per se except I’ve never known anyone in Media who actually has the degree. Maybe I’ve missed them but I wonder where they go to.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Bloody Hell.
    Yes, which is why I thought the subs just couldn’t launch them by themselves but they obviously can. Quite scary.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,859

This had better be worth staying up until 1am to watch.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,778
    Just when the cabinet couldn’t be more rancid up pops the clueless Dorries to head Culture . The only qualifications needed to be in the cabinet from hell is to be a Bozo boot licker and member of the Brexit Unicorn cult .

• Options

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

Media Studies is just a new version of English that incorporates more than the written page.
  • Options

It may be more serious than that
  • Options

moonshine said:

What’s your guess then?
    Its this awfully named AUUKUS agreement but I'm not sure why that needs heads of government announcing it on TV like this.
    The agreement might not need a big telly announcement, but at least two of the heads of government could do with a chance to do a big announcement with lots of flags.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

I don't actually know what people study in Media Studies. Has anyone here genuinely studied it? I'll bet there's something cool in there.
    It sounds great to me.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

10 more minutes won’t hurt...
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Its not going on for 3 hours is it !!!
  • Options

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Bloody Hell.
    I think He Who Must Not Be Named is in charge of nuclear armageddon.
  • Options
    FossFoss Posts: 694
    As far as I can tell every major stock market will be shut at 10 pm uk.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,914
    Quite the result for Bruges
  • Options
    moonshine said:

moonshine said:

Getting your hopes up?
    I hope it’s not UFOs. I mean it would be nice to have been right and all. But I’ve thought about it deeply for quite a long time now. And it would make me sick to my stomach. I’ve had an unpleasant racing heart for an hour just on the off chance it really is.
    I just watched the NASA chief's interview. You're right, he is basically saying Yes, these are very likely some form of alien tech

Which is pretty fucking extraordinary, and yet we shrug

I've taken my eye off this story as I've regained my life - fun and bars and travel and the like. But, wow
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

Actually, nothing per se except I’ve never known anyone in Media who actually has the degree. Maybe I’ve missed them but I wonder where they go to.
    I suspect you don't move in Labour Party circles. I expect they all have them at Southside.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Not in the 8 knots of wind max we are getting tonight. WAFI who doesn't know basic engine maintenance is my guess.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Sandpit said:

It inevitably won't be. I expect it will be a reannouncement of stuff we already know plus some stuff about the special relationship, old alliances etc... Very little tangible policy shifts from any of the three just empty words intended to scare China.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

moonshine said:

But not just very cross, actually willing to defend Taiwan.
  • Options
    Leon said:

moonshine said:

moonshine said:

Getting your hopes up?
    I just watched the NASA chief's interview. You're right, he is basically saying Yes, these are very likely some form of alien tech

Which is pretty fucking extraordinary, and yet we shrug

I've taken my eye off this story as I've regained my life - fun and bars and travel and the like. But, wow
    I mean that’s fine, you were busy having sex with (at least?) two women after all.

But yes, they now have their cover don't they. “We didn’t lie and cover it up! We fucking told you! What more did you want from us!?”
  • Options

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Quite right that the military shouldn't go launching the weapons by themselves without checks.

If the President goes crazy the military absolutely has the duty to double-check with other relevant people before following through with such madness just because a deranged individual is telling them to send the weapons flying.
    Absolutely agree with that. Believe it or not, I don’t want nuclear war.

However, if this is a comment on my Milley point, I’ll reiterate - Milley wasn’t told by Trump to launch an attack nor were there any suggestions given but instead believed it could happen - without consulting anyone - and then acted on his own.

If you want to flip examples, let’s do a roll play scenario in 2017 where Michael Flynn is Chief of Staff and HRC is President. Flynn believes HRC is going to attack Russia over its Crimea behaviour and thinks she is going too far. He therefore takes steps to make sure HRC cant launch the missies even though she has given no direct orders to do so. Is he right to take action?
  • Options

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Bloody Hell.
    I quite liked the 'first day' for President Hayes in Stargate SG1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aONj0D4TJo

Great victory for Liverpool and Sky just acknowledging the announcement live after the ads now.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Its not going on for 3 hours is it !!!
    It’s 1am for me, I’m three time zones ahead of most of you.
  • Options
    Sky

PM security announcement next
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,149
    Do the Chinese get scared by empty words? I know they stand up to paper tigers.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

However, if this is a comment on my Milley point, I’ll reiterate - Milley wasn’t told by Trump to launch an attack nor were there any suggestions given but instead believed it could happen - without consulting anyone - and then acted on his own.

If you want to flip examples, let’s do a roll play scenario in 2017 where Michael Flynn is Chief of Staff and HRC is President. Flynn believes HRC is going to attack Russia over its Crimea behaviour and thinks she is going too far. He therefore takes steps to make sure HRC cant launch the missies even though she has given no direct orders to do so. Is he right to take action?
    Yes
  • Options

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

I suspect you don't move in Labour Party circles. I expect they all have them at Southside.
    I certainly don’t although, believe it or not (and I suspect you won’t), I was a member years back. God, there were some boring meetings .
  • Options

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Bloody Hell.
    I quite liked the 'first day' for President Hayes in Stargate SG1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aONj0D4TJo

Great victory for Liverpool and Sky just acknowledging the announcement live after the ads now.
    It’s quite the incentive to reach the heights of PM or president, just to see exactly what you do get told on day one...
  • Options
    Here we go. Remember this moment. It could change your life...
  • Options
    Foxy said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Yes
    Thank you. Clear cut.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

He feared the POTUS could order a nuclear strike and did no more than make clear that anyone he could give the order to knew to double-check before sending the missiles.

Absolutely that's entirely reasonable and nobody can object to that. He didn't say Trump couldn't order a strike, he just said that if an unprovoked first strike were ordered then rather than sending the missile it should be checked first.
  • Options
    a moment of history coming--
  • Options

a moment of history coming--

Or a moment of nothing ...
  • Options
    Fuck. It is UFOs????
  • Options
    Twitter going mad
  • Options
    Let's all link arms for auld lang syne in 5,4,3,2...
  • Options

It may be more serious than that
    You mean the invasion could already be underway. I do hope Johnson gets to say "we will fight them on the beaches". He would have lived his life for that moment..
  • Options
    Leon said:

Twitter going mad

This could be huge
  • Options
    Leon said:

Fuck. It is UFOs????

Of course its fucking not, its China.
  • Options
    The Downing St one has music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4chEI8Q5PE
  • Options

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

Foxy said:

MrEd said:

ydoethur said:

MrEd said:

rpjs said:

MrEd said:

Really?

Bloody Hell.

It’s quite the incentive to reach the heights of PM or president, just to see exactly what you do get told on day one...
    It’s scary, very much so.

One of the very first tasks of a new Prime Minister, is to write the Standing Orders letters to the Trident sub commanders.

Every single former PM, when asked what was the worst part of the job, has referred to an SAS mission abroad, many of which we don’t get to hear about, but where UK military lives were on the line to save others.
  • Options
    It’s not even leading bbc news.
  • Options
    Whitehouse link going live.
  • Options
    Australia-US -UK flags behind Morrison
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited September 2021
    Joe....joe.....the camera is on....
  • Options
    Aussies running this…
  • Options
    "That is why we intend to attack these mysterious craft"

Jesus
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Where?
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,940
    Nothing on the ten o’clock news whatsoever
  • Options

And behind Biden too. Presumably behind Johnson but he's not on screen.
  • Options

The Downing St one has music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4chEI8Q5PE

And is ahead of the White House....
  • Options
    "AUUKUS is born"
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Sandpit said:

Where?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM0S8OwNiFY
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

Farooq said:

MrEd said:

My preference for Trump

You're wrong

I certainly don’t although, believe it or not (and I suspect you won’t), I was a member years back. God, there were some boring meetings .
    I used to go to ones in Camden in the 1980s. Surreal was the word I would use.
  • Options

Trade deal with the US must follow
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

It's live on Sky News. So far it's just Australia being brought into the US/UK defence industry sphere.
  • Options

Its live on Sky.

The 3 flags are behind Boris too. Biden has the 3 flags repeatedly.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,212
    BBC wittering on about the reshuffle. Truly bizarre. Completely lost the place.
  • Options
    It's an announcement about possible later announcements.
  • Options

Late again?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

It's live on Sky News. So far it's just Australia being brought into the US/UK defence industry sphere.
    So not aliens then? Asking for a friend...
This discussion has been closed.