Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Bet on Raducanu for SPOTY before tonight’s final – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options

£1.8 million for the winner. £900,000 for the runner-up. Not a bad day's work.

A couple more days like that and she might even be able to afford a house.
    Apparently she already has 50 million as a result of this
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,967

That parental investment in a tennis career has paid off much quicker than anticipated.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Last seen heading for Australia

I am profoundly sad that some of you thought I was promoting an anti vax agenda here. As I said in this thread, the evidence on vaccination reducing SEVERE disease is clear and unambiguous. I am wholeheartedly in favour of vaccination. But Covid, even for the vaccinated, is…

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1436808696848429060?s=20

What an utter **** (Peston, that is)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peston/status/1436808698769420292

Robert Peston
    @Peston
    Replying to
    @Peston
    not a trivial illness. And it is also not trivial if the vaccinated population spreads Covid to the unvaccinated or the immuno suppressed. So what I hoped to do was show that even for a vaccinated population, mask wearing and social distancing are important. I am very very…

No, sorry, I’m not changing my behaviour to protect anti-vaxxers.
    Nobody sensible thought he was promoting the anti-vax agenda. We thought he was talking shite and spreading information in a way that anti-vaxxers would make use of. Slightly different.
  • Options

The endorsement offers will be insane - she better have a good agent to make sure she gets the best deals.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    edited September 2021
    Peston for TWATY ?
  • Options
    She is so mature
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,334
    edited September 2021

And every sports line has just left an urgent voicemail on her agent’s phone making her offers she cannot possibly refuse…

For both of them, probably, but especially Raducanu.
  • Options
    Newsdesks: “Any Scottish relatives?” #Raducanu
    https://twitter.com/paulhutcheon/status/1436815726732529665?s=20
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,197

tlg86 said:

Last seen heading for Australia

I am profoundly sad that some of you thought I was promoting an anti vax agenda here. As I said in this thread, the evidence on vaccination reducing SEVERE disease is clear and unambiguous. I am wholeheartedly in favour of vaccination. But Covid, even for the vaccinated, is…

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1436808696848429060?s=20

What an utter **** (Peston, that is)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peston/status/1436808698769420292

Robert Peston
    @Peston
    Replying to
    @Peston
    not a trivial illness. And it is also not trivial if the vaccinated population spreads Covid to the unvaccinated or the immuno suppressed. So what I hoped to do was show that even for a vaccinated population, mask wearing and social distancing are important. I am very very…

No, sorry, I’m not changing my behaviour to protect anti-vaxxers.
    Nobody sensible thought he was promoting the anti-vax agenda. We thought he was talking shite and spreading information in a way that anti-vaxxers would make use of. Slightly different.
    I think he’s peddling a zero COVID view, which is somewhat ironic given he managed to catch it. Must do better.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,501

Some pretty banal "human interest" questions.

Yes. No worse than three quarters of interviews with sportspeople though. (My particular bete noise on this is Sonia McLaughlin - Queen of the inane post-match question.)
    Presenters don't seem to believe people - even people already watching sport - will be interested in sport for its own sake.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Number 23 in the world now. With no points to drop, it won't take much to take her into the top 10. And higher.

2/15 for SPOTY now.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Emma now 1.12 for SPoTY. So the implication was that the market thought she had c.15% chance of SPoTY if she didn’t win tonight.

The market thinks that only Daley can beat her. Peaty out to 40.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Number 23 in the world now. With no points to drop, it won't take much to take her into the top 10. And higher.

2/15 for SPOTY now.
    I cannot imagine anyone else getting close
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Yes. No worse than three quarters of interviews with sportspeople though. (My particular bete noise on this is Sonia McLaughlin - Queen of the inane post-match question.)
    Presenters don't seem to believe people - even people already watching sport - will be interested in sport for its own sake.
    And photographers assume you will want to kiss the trophy. Not that I'd ever have the opportunity, but I'd not pander to that request.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,370
    She is some 18 year old, she really is.
  • Options
    Anthony Costello
    @globalhlthtwit
    I understand 12-15 year old vaccinations to be announced Tuesday and to start from 22nd.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,452
    Jesus, handling a live TV audience of hundreds of millions so calmly, age 18???!
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,885
    I don't think they mention the amount of prize money at Wimbledon.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Getting the cheque before the trophy. How tacky.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    It's kind of the anti-Murray story in a way. No long drawn out agonising over defeats to Novak and Roger and wondering if it would ever quite happen in a Slam for him before finally making the breakthroughs and then, once over that hump, adding a few more and stepping up to No. 1.

No, just comes from almost nowhere and immediately stun the world without ever even looking that close to getting beaten in the tournament.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,334
    edited September 2021
    $2.5 million for the girl who didn’t have enough clothes at Wimbledon.

It doesn’t get better than this…

And with that, good night.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Cookie said:

Cookie said:

Tim Herman describes the situation as 'an absolute joke', twice. I'm not sure that's exactly what he means.

As in totally out of the blue. Nothing derogatory.
    Well I'm sure he doesn't mean it pejoratively. I'm just not sure it's the word I would have used. Several times.
    He's not overly bright. Bit of a prince Edward doppelganger.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Just not right to hand out trophies without some aristocrat doing it.

Those trophies look a bit plasticky imo.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Given how many years its been happening I can only assume its been workshopped to death and interviewers know banal is the way to go for these things.
    Yes.
    The best post-match questions are snooker post-match questions. Or maybe it's just that it's hard to do and Hazel Irvine is very, very good indeed.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Jesus, handling a live TV audience of hundreds of millions so calmly, age 18???!

Sharapova was only 17 IIRC when she won Wimbledon, and was quite giggly, as you'd image. Raducanu is very calm, and yet simultaneously very smiley, not reserved at all.
  • Options

It's kind of the anti-Murray story in a way. No long drawn out agonising over defeats to Novak and Roger and wondering if it would ever quite happen in a Slam for him before finally making the breakthroughs and then, once over that hump, adding a few more and stepping up to No. 1.

No, just comes from almost nowhere and immediately stun the world without ever even looking that close to getting beaten in the tournament.

She's a Roger Federer for women's tennis. Plus a chunk of Nadal. With an extra vavaoom as a qualifier from nowhere

Youthful brilliance plus beauty plus emollient manners, she will make trillions, unless she suddenly starts on the opioids
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Not to pour cold water on Emma’s achievement, we know for sure that Murray’s achievements were very impressive. To win three slams in the era of FedNadDjok was fantastic.

But Emma really could clean up over the next decade. Career slam has to be an ambition.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.
    Some furious Olympians right now - they only get one opportunity every 4 years to grab attention!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

And every sports line has just left an urgent voicemail on her agent’s phone making her offers she cannot possibly refuse…

It might even be that Fernandez makes more in the short term simply because America and Canada are bigger markets than Britain. I don't suppose either of them will be short of a bob or two.
  • Options
    Balls of steel.....
  • Options
    kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.
    Some furious Olympians right now - they only get one opportunity every 4 years to grab attention!
    I thought Tom Daley was nailed on. But no. They should give him a spesh prize anyway

But this girl will win SPOTY, no question
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137

To be fair, three weeks work.
  • Options
    Huge congratulations @EmmaRaducanu on your stunning performances and historic Grand Slam victory! Incredible –we are all so proud of you.

@LeylahFernandez well done on your amazing achievements at this year’s #USOpen, it’s been a pleasure to watch. C

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1436817023150039043?s=20
  • Options

She never even dropped a set. That is just unbelievable.

What odds would you have gotten on her winning a grand slam this time last year. Its utterly unbelievable.

Surely nailed on for SPOTY and rightly so. Looking forwards though she's surely got to be a real contender now to be a World Number One at some point soon. Its not just that she won, but how well she won.
  • Options
    Is her outfit a nod to her Romanian heritage?
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    tlg86 said:

Not to pour cold water on Emma’s achievement, we know for sure that Murray’s achievements were very impressive. To win three slams in the era of FedNadDjok was fantastic.

But Emma really could clean up over the next decade. Career slam has to be an ambition.
    Oh yeah, not to pour cold water on Murray's achievements either. I'm just comparing the agony of following the entire Murray career up until the point he was regularly contending for Slams and major titles versus Raducanu out of nowhere.
  • Options
    Leon said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.
    I thought Tom Daley was nailed on. But no. They should give him a spesh prize anyway

Daley and the other bloke should get team of the year.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.

Yes, that's an excellent compromise
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

Sharapova was only 17 IIRC when she won Wimbledon, and was quite giggly, as you'd image. Raducanu is very calm, and yet simultaneously very smiley, not reserved at all.
    Way to go @kle4 .
    Informing @Leon about hot teen girls!
  • Options
    She's faultless for SPOTY, isn't she? Talented, successful, young, articulate, enthusiastic, telegenic. Nice.
    And it's really, really hard to win a tennis major. It's not like golf, where it gets spread around and it'squite common for a major to be won by a player from outside the top 20 or so. In tennis the same three or four players tend to share it amongst themselves. Poor old Tim Henman was for a long time the fifth best tennis player in the world yet is regarded as a plucky loser.
  • Options

What odds would you have gotten on her winning a grand slam this time last year. Its utterly unbelievable.

Surely nailed on for SPOTY and rightly so. Looking forwards though she's surely got to be a real contender now to be a World Number One at some point soon. Its not just that she won, but how well she won.
    Emma was 400/1 at the start of this tournament.
  • Options
    Can I get some kind of PB prize for going a whole half hour without using the phrase

HOT TEEN GIRL

When it is possibly more justified than it ever has been, or ever will be, in the entire history of pb.com?

I thangyou
  • Options
    Poor show, Palace, props on the speed and that HMQ has probably ok'd it in advance, but I do have trouble believing she was watching.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

Serena Williams was 17 when she won the US Open in 1999.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    Can we be sure Andrew didn't send it?
  • Options

And that's after how well she did at Wimbledon?

Before Wimbledon it would have been thousands, if you were even able to get a bet on.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Can I get some kind of PB prize for going a whole half hour without using the phrase

HOT TEEN GIRL

When it is possibly more justified than it ever has been, or ever will be, in the entire history of pb.com?

I thangyou

Just creepy and weird, not at all surprised.
  • Options
    Whoops. Now she's apparently being interviewed by Woody Allen

Weird choice, frankly
  • Options
    Leon said:

You can't imagine an 18 year old man/boy being so calm and professional.
  • Options
    It's incredible how Raducanu has recovered from her Wimbledon exit. I understand how the sudden intense focus on her then could affect her that way, and I worried at the time that she might struggle under such scrutiny again. How on earth was that only 3 months ago?
  • Options
    Leon said:

HOT TEEN GIRL

I thangyou

Even the umpire was a hottie.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,141
    Thoughts and prayers for Piers...
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,338
    kle4 said:

The endorsement offers will be insane - she better have a good agent to make sure she gets the best deals.
    Yep. I remember when Maria Sharapova took the Wimbledon title at 17 and became an overnight global superstar. This will be the same for Emma Raducanu. She ticks every box for our times.
  • Options
    Times reporting vaxports to be abandoned.

James Melville 🌸
    @JamesMelville
    ·
    10m
    If true, then that’s because many of us have fought tooth and nail for months highlighting how illiberal, unethical and counterproductive vaccine passports are. Let’s continue to hold the government’s feet to the fire over this.
    #NoVaccinePassports
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,571
    edited September 2021

Enjoying the Navratilova commentary - concise, to the point and knows when to keep quiet.

Yes. If only PB posters were the same. :)
  • Options
    Leon said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.

Indeed. Because she chose an ACTUAL SPORT to excel in.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.

Indeed. Because she chose an ACTUAL SPORT to excel in.
    1.1 now.
  • Options
    Apparently some bloke called Joe Salisbury became the first Brit to win two doubles titles at a Grand Slam. Sorry Joe, but people just aren't as in to doubles I'm afraid.
  • Options

I'd guess £50 million is an estimate of how much sponsors and advertisers will throw at her. It is lucky she passed A-level economics a few weeks back.
  • Options

It's incredible how Raducanu has recovered from her Wimbledon exit. I understand how the sudden intense focus on her then could affect her that way, and I worried at the time that she might struggle under such scrutiny again. How on earth was that only 3 months ago?

Exactly how far she could have gone at Wimbledon did occur to me.
  • Options

Enjoying the Navratilova commentary - concise, to the point and knows when to keep quiet.

Yes. If only PB posters were the same. :)
    Can I choose one of three to aim for?
  • Options

I thought the same and expect so
  • Options
    Tories down in the polls, so it's time to abandon the vaxports.

This Government has no principles at all, it just bumbles around trying to go up and down in the polls
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,298
    Andy_JS said:

"@BorisJohnson

United Kingdom government official
    What a sensational match! Huge congratulations to @EmmaRaducanu

You showed extraordinary skill, poise and guts and we are all hugely proud of you.

#USOpen"

Boris is a bit of a tennis player himself I believe.
    kle4 said:

Tennis is rough on losers, having to sit there for ages as crowds cheer and your opponent laps it up (though can be even worse - as when Serena acted like a baby and the crowd was not happy with Osaka so it was hard on the winner too).

It is a lot easier at Wimbledon, a handshake from the Duchess of Kent and you are on your way

It was like the Oscars at Arthur Ashe tonight.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

It might even be that Fernandez makes more in the short term simply because America and Canada are bigger markets than Britain. I don't suppose either of them will be short of a bob or two.
    Hold on, Emma speaks Chinese, apparently, thanks to mum, so that's another few yuan quid.
  • Options
    Heathener said:

kle4 said:

Yep. I remember when Maria Sharapova took the Wimbledon title at 17 and became an overnight global superstar. This will be the same for Emma Raducanu. She ticks every box for our times.
    Potentially a lot bigger than Sharapova. She's got a posh British accent (north Americans will like that), she speaks English (obvs), Wimbledon will be her home stage, she's charming and educated, she's got a great immigration backstory, she's just done something absolutely unprecedented in her sport. And she is extremely good

She's minted whatever she does, her coaches, managers and family will need to be very careful as she chooses between a "normal" life and earning billions having a boring life of endless sport.

A bit of me wants to advise her to give up now. Take the £50m. Go and do something else. Be a more rounded person. Drink and party and fall in love. She's already made history

• Options
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047
    edited September 2021
    dixiedean said:

There were a couple of moments late on this evening when my wife wondered whether she was in trouble again. She had some sort of air machine.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited September 2021

I thought the same and expect so
    No it isnt...it is simply the colour for this year Nike collection that they are pushing. The non-white options, is blue with red, or red with blue.

Next year, she might to get to choose the colour and style, as a global tennnis superstar, but until this week she wears what Nike give her.
  • Options
    Great commentary moment for the final point, with only her third ace of the match, just letting out a loud 'Hah!' of amusement.
  • Options

And that's after how well she did at Wimbledon?

Before Wimbledon it would have been thousands, if you were even able to get a bet on.
    120/1 seems to be the highest matched bet, but someone who understand BF better than me may care to take a look.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

She's faultless for SPOTY, isn't she? Talented, successful, young, articulate, enthusiastic, telegenic. Nice.
    And it's really, really hard to win a tennis major. It's not like golf, where it gets spread around and it'squite common for a major to be won by a player from outside the top 20 or so. In tennis the same three or four players tend to share it amongst themselves. Poor old Tim Henman was for a long time the fifth best tennis player in the world yet is regarded as a plucky loser.

Certainly winning one tennis slam is harder than one golf major for the men. Multiple golf majors is harder, though I don’t after how many. Maybe three.

It’s worth noting that Raducanu is the 15th different female slam winner since the start of 2017. That’s the same as different men to win a golf major in that time.

But that won’t be part of the equation for SPoTY.
  • Options
    Emma Raducanu will rise from No. 150 to No. 23 in Monday's @WTA rankings.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Emma Raducanu will rise from No. 150 to No. 23 in Monday's @WTA rankings.

No more qualifying to get her eye in, will have to do even more practice matches!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Poor show, Palace, props on the speed and that HMQ has probably ok'd it in advance, but I do have trouble believing she was watching.
    Last time a British woman won a tennis major the Queen had only been on the throne for a quarter of a century.

https://twitter.com/patrick_kidd/status/1436821370617438211?s=20
  • Options
    Without wanting to pour any sort of cold water on this, though, I'm not that excited. I'm pleased she won, I find her unreservedly likeable, I am full of admiration for her astonishing skill, I appreciate and am impressed by the size of the achievement. But I just can't get excited about tennis, or victories in tennis, in the same way that I can about cricket or rugby or even football. Had the equivalent happened in one of those sports I would be calling around friends to see who would be up for making a night of it. But instead, I'm going to go to bed.
    I think it's the individual vs team sports angle.
    In some ways I admire this about tennis fans. So much of the enjoyment of most sports comes from.seeimg your favoured team succeed. Whereas tennis fans primarily want to see tennis played well. Snooker falls into this category too, I think. I personally find snooker wildly entertaining and exciting, though I can understand why many do not.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

There were a couple of moments late on this evening when my wife wondered whether she was in trouble again. She had some sort of air machine.
    Air conditioning unit.
  • Options
    Royal sources say the Queen’s message to the new queen of tennis 🎾👑was just personally delivered to @EmmaRaducanu after her victory at the #USOpen2021 by the British Consul-General in New York #EmmaRaducanu
    https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1436823838998810624
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Blowing cold air to cool her down.
  • Options
    Definitely not English British

I suspect tonight is one of these sporting occasions that will be talked about for decades to come. Two great players who will no doubt dominate women’s tennis for years to come.

But what a winner in @EmmaRaducanu. #USOpen

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1436816740793606154?s=20
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,127
    edited September 2021
    @NicolaSturgeon
    I suspect tonight is one of these sporting occasions that will be talked about for decades to come. Two great players who will no doubt dominate women’s tennis for years to come.

But what a winner in @EmmaRaducanu

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1436816740793606154
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Hold on, Emma speaks Chinese, apparently, thanks to mum, so that's another few yuan quid.
    She admitted to liking Taiwanese telly... awkward....
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,235

Huge congratulations @EmmaRaducanu on your stunning performances and historic Grand Slam victory! Incredible –we are all so proud of you.

@LeylahFernandez well done on your amazing achievements at this year’s #USOpen, it’s been a pleasure to watch. C

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1436817023150039043?s=20

Andrew is up late I see.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Without wanting to pour any sort of cold water on this, though, I'm not that excited. I'm pleased she won, I find her unreservedly likeable, I am full of admiration for her astonishing skill, I appreciate and am impressed by the size of the achievement. But I just can't get excited about tennis, or victories in tennis, in the same way that I can about cricket or rugby or even football. Had the equivalent happened in one of those sports I would be calling around friends to see who would be up for making a night of it. But instead, I'm going to go to bed.
    In some ways I admire this about tennis fans. So much of the enjoyment of most sports comes from.seeimg your favoured team succeed. Whereas tennis fans primarily want to see tennis played well. Snooker falls into this category too, I think. I personally find snooker wildly entertaining and exciting, though I can understand why many do not.

Night night then
  • Options
    BlancheLivermoreBlancheLivermore Posts: 5,278
    edited September 2021

She's only lost 34 games in 20 sets of tennis to win the championship.

That's an average set of 6-1.7 which is frankly unbelievable and must be one of the best of that stat ever achieved (if anyone's bothered to count it before!)

Damn.. Chris Evert won the 1976 US Open losing only 12 games, for an average set of 6-1.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Heathener said:

kle4 said:

Potentially a lot bigger than Sharapova. She's got a posh British accent (north Americans will like that), she speaks English (obvs), Wimbledon will be her home stage, she's charming and educated, she's got a great immigration backstory, she's just done something absolutely unprecedented in her sport. And she is extremely good

She's minted whatever she does, her coaches, managers and family will need to be very careful as she chooses between a "normal" life and earning billions having a boring life of endless sport.

A bit of me wants to advise her to give up now. Take the £50m. Go and do something else. Be a more rounded person. Drink and party and fall in love. She's already made history

She speaks English and is said to be fluent in Mandarin which opens up the Chinese market.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    Well this aged well! Simply extraordinary match. I never thought I'd see a qualifier win a Grand Slam, the tour is so professional now compared to the earlier Open Era that it just seemed impossible. And not dropping a set? Insane. Literally one of the greatest achievements in British sport for the last decade plus. I really think that.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

To be honest, I think you've just gone off sport, Cookie

It happens. It happened to me. For quite a few years. I just stopped giving a fuck about any of it, due to too many English football defeats

(I never gave up on international rugby, somehow, just because it is so physically intense, no matter who wins or loses)

I have regained some of my zeal tho without my teenage ardour, which is probably for the best
  • Options
    Quincel said:

Well this aged well! Simply extraordinary match. I never thought I'd see a qualifier win a Grand Slam, the tour is so professional now compared to the earlier Open Era that it just seemed impossible. And not dropping a set? Insane. Literally one of the greatest achievements in British sport for the last decade plus. I really think that.

Best British sporting achievement since 2005.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,508
    edited September 2021
    Cookie said:

Bosanquet, who invented the googly, distinguished between moving-ball games and still-ball games. Tennis falls into the same class as football and cricket, rather than snooker or golf. So that is another way of looking at it.
  • Options

Definitely not English British

But what a winner in @EmmaRaducanu. #USOpen

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1436816740793606154?s=20

South Londoner, innit.
  • Options
    Leon said:

tlg86 said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

2/15 for SPOTY now.

Yes, that's an excellent compromise
    England football team will get a lot of votes for team of the year
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Tories down in the polls, so it's time to abandon the vaxports.

This Government has no principles at all, it just bumbles around trying to go up and down in the polls

On reading your post I thought of the Grace Slick/Jefferson Airplane song.

"When the truth is found to be lies
    And all the joy within you dies

Don't you want somebody to love?
    Don't you need somebody to love?
    Wouldn't you love somebody to love?
    You better find somebody to love
    Love, love".

When Johnson feels sad, he feels he needs to be loved, so he does something nice to make us all happy, so we will love him again. Ahh!
  • Options
    Not won a WTA tour match. Nor played in a Tour level 3 setter.
    2 remarkable stats from the Guardian report.
  • Options
    Just seen a comment on Twitter:

"Emma Raducanu having more joy with the American courts than Prince Andrew."
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Royal sources say the Queen’s message to the new queen of tennis 🎾👑was just personally delivered to @EmmaRaducanu after her victory at the #USOpen2021 by the British Consul-General in New York #EmmaRaducanu
    https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1436823838998810624

Naughty!
  • Options

Quincel said:

Best British sporting achievement since 2005.
    Ashes win? I know he’s not won a major since 2014, but Rory really was exceptional for a few years. Always hard to assess someone like Lewis Hamilton (100-1, btw), but his achievements are pretty impressive too.
This discussion has been closed.