Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Are we rushing to premature conclusions about the latest COVID figures? – politicalbetting.com

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited July 2021
    27k cases, 91 deaths.

Incoming media stories of is the wave taking off again.......risky opening up.....etc etc etc
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    MaxPB said:

kle4 said:

That article seems to suggest the reason for not accepting the UK application is a pretext, that is, phoney. So it certainly does seem concerning from that piece but there seems nothing that can be done if false reasons are being given for rejection.
    As far as I can tell from reading Twitter (I know), this is the EU being spiteful in a way that hurts both U.K. and EU citizens.

There is some modest collateral damage to the U.K. legal industry.

I presume this is being done in retribution for the U.K. fucking about with our international treaty making.

Stupidity and spite begets stupidity and spite.
    Yes, all it really does is make it more difficult for contracting parties in both territories seek recompense from the other jurisdiction. The exclusion of the UK really helps no one, c'est la vie, this is the relationship the EU wants with the UK. The world will keep turning afterwards and this will turn out to be yet another thing that doesn't drag the UK back into the EU or into some kind of unilateral alignment.

Wrt to banking and finance there is currently a pretty wide ranging review of regulations now that equivalence is off the table. One does wonder whether the EU will regret not working harder to bind the UK to a very narrow lane of similarity on financial regulations by granting conditional equivalence for at least 2-4 years. Having a gigantic competitor with the market makers outside the bloc and outside of the regulatory sphere is not ideal. I fear that this is what they're doing in the legal sector right now and will repeat the mistakes in finance.
    The U.K. should have left Gibraltar in the Single Market and positioned it as a hub for European banking on a bedrock of English law.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347

27k cases, 91 deaths.

Incoming media stories of is the wave taking off again.......risky opening up.....etc etc etc

Cases only 36% down week on week
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    edited July 2021
    TOPPING said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Crown green bowls is a completely objective sport but I'm not sure it should be in the olympics ahead of the rings in the gymnastics.

Or darts. Instead of watching obsessional types poncing around and pushing the outer limits of what the human body can do we could be seeing the likes of Peter "snakebite" Wright slamming the 180s and then finishing on double top like a dead eyed assassin.
    I've never really taken to snooker or darts as they are pub games.

Have to admire the mathematical abilities of snooker and darts players though.

Never seen them screw up a finish like say South Africa in 2003.
    Yes, they are played in pubs. I'm happy to call them sports - and indeed I'm a fan of both - but I don't think they're a fit for the Olympic Games because of that. Same reason I'd oppose the inclusion of dominoes or cribbage.
    Ten reasons why chess is a sport.
    Yep. Not sure I'd have it at the Games though. There's virtually no physical aspect at all.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216

27k cases, 91 deaths.

Most of them are only reinfections. :wink:
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586
    Just as well PB isn't under Chinese jurisdiction....

China court jails billionaire Sun Dawu for 18 years for 'provoking trouble'
    https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/world/china-court-jails-billionaire-sun-dawu-for-18-years-for-provoking-trouble/ar-AAMEwS3
    A Chinese court sentenced agricultural tycoon Sun Dawu to 18 years in jail on Wednesday for a catalogue of crimes including "provoking trouble" after the outspoken billionaire and grassroots rights supporter was tried in secret.

The court in Gaobeidian near Beijing said Sun was found guilty of crimes including "gathering a crowd to attack state organs," "obstructing government administration" and "picking quarrels and provoking trouble," a catch-all term often used against dissidents.

He was detained by police in November along with 19 relatives and business associates after his firm was embroiled in a land dispute with a state-owned competitor.

The charismatic Sun built one of China's biggest private agriculture companies with his wife from a few chickens and pigs in the 1980s.

He has also been a vocal champion of rural reforms and a whistleblower during a devastating swine fever outbreak in 2019, posting photos of dead pigs online after local officials were slow to respond to the disease....
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    edited July 2021
    kinabalu said:

TOPPING said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Crown green bowls is a completely objective sport but I'm not sure it should be in the olympics ahead of the rings in the gymnastics.

Or darts. Instead of watching obsessional types poncing around and pushing the outer limits of what the human body can do we could be seeing the likes of Peter "snakebite" Wright slamming the 180s and then finishing on double top like a dead eyed assassin.

Yes, they are played in pubs. I'm happy to call them sports - and indeed I'm a fan of both - but I don't think they're a fit for the Olympic Games because of that. Same reason I'd oppose the inclusion of dominoes or cribbage.
    Yep. Not sure I'd have it at the Games though. There's virtually no physical aspect at all.
    You can of course combine it with other sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5WJOPeWczM

Edit: actually, looking at the boxing bit they are both shite. Are you a chess player I'm sure you could beat either of those two (of the first bout).
  • Options

27k cases, 91 deaths.

Most of them are only reinfections. :wink:
    Old Prof Peston still left all that bullshit fake news up there on his timeline, but has gone dark the past couple of days.
  • Options
    ClippPClippP Posts: 1,684
    Has this been posted on here?

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-07-28/innova-pasaca-covid-17-antigen-test-british-uk-government

The Innova scandal ought to be fatal for Johnson and his government?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    Nigelb said:

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/world/china-court-jails-billionaire-sun-dawu-for-18-years-for-provoking-trouble/ar-AAMEwS3
    A Chinese court sentenced agricultural tycoon Sun Dawu to 18 years in jail on Wednesday for a catalogue of crimes including "provoking trouble" after the outspoken billionaire and grassroots rights supporter was tried in secret.

The court in Gaobeidian near Beijing said Sun was found guilty of crimes including "gathering a crowd to attack state organs," "obstructing government administration" and "picking quarrels and provoking trouble," a catch-all term often used against dissidents.

He was detained by police in November along with 19 relatives and business associates after his firm was embroiled in a land dispute with a state-owned competitor.

The charismatic Sun built one of China's biggest private agriculture companies with his wife from a few chickens and pigs in the 1980s.

He has also been a vocal champion of rural reforms and a whistleblower during a devastating swine fever outbreak in 2019, posting photos of dead pigs online after local officials were slow to respond to the disease....

One should not upset the Emperor or the Imperial Officials, history should have taught him that.
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,886
    edited July 2021
    kinabalu said:

TOPPING said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Pulpstar said:

Be interesting to see heart monitors during a time scramble.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426
    Nigelb said:

I was reading a briefing on the new Hong Kong patriot act.

Basically as a Brit in the UK and I criticise China and/or their handling of Hong Kong the next time I visit China or Hong Kong I will be arrested and face a severe multi year prison sentence,
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Another sacking incoming?

Join the Green Party to save planet, says Boris Johnson’s climate spokesperson

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/boris-johnson-stratton-green-party-b1892060.html

The headline is slightly out of context, as she does say Greenpeace, the Green or the Tories, but still, that's way off message. Obviously you expect her to say the Tories are the only ones who can deliver yadda yadda yadda.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847

Nigelb said:

Basically as a Brit in the UK and I criticise China and/or their handling of Hong Kong the next time I visit China or Hong Kong I will be arrested and face a severe multi year prison sentence,
    Which signals the death knell for Hong Kong as anything but a Chinese entrepôt.

Buy Singapore, then buy again.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,525
    edited July 2021
    MaxPB said:

kle4 said:

That article seems to suggest the reason for not accepting the UK application is a pretext, that is, phoney. So it certainly does seem concerning from that piece but there seems nothing that can be done if false reasons are being given for rejection.
    As far as I can tell from reading Twitter (I know), this is the EU being spiteful in a way that hurts both U.K. and EU citizens.

There is some modest collateral damage to the U.K. legal industry.

I presume this is being done in retribution for the U.K. fucking about with our international treaty making.

Stupidity and spite begets stupidity and spite.
    Yes, all it really does is make it more difficult for contracting parties in both territories seek recompense from the other jurisdiction. The exclusion of the UK really helps no one, c'est la vie, this is the relationship the EU wants with the UK. The world will keep turning afterwards and this will turn out to be yet another thing that doesn't drag the UK back into the EU or into some kind of unilateral alignment.

Wrt to banking and finance there is currently a pretty wide ranging review of regulations now that equivalence is off the table. One does wonder whether the EU will regret not working harder to bind the UK to a very narrow lane of similarity on financial regulations by granting conditional equivalence for at least 2-4 years. Having a gigantic competitor with the market makers outside the bloc and outside of the regulatory sphere is not ideal. I fear that this is what they're doing in the legal sector right now and will repeat the mistakes in finance.
    I'm not convinced by the argument on Lugano. The EU decision has made it a fortress Europe thing.

None of those articles reflect on the balance between intra-EEA legal influence and the wider world. And how much UK legal-forum external-to-UK business is EEA or not-EEA. They are all about external parties vs internal parties.

UK - esp English - legal forums are far more important in the worldwide legal world than any EU ones aiui.

What is to prevent in the short term bilateral agreements being created which replicate it outside EU structures, and recognise each other? It is only a thing across a small number of countries in one small part of the world.

Might the longer term impact simply be the EU marginalising Europe in a larger world?

Is this another one of the EU overimagining its own importance?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,720
    kinabalu said:

Carnyx said:

kinabalu said:

Carnyx said:

kinabalu said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

So pleased to see Primož Roglič winning gold in the ITT. That solidifies the European Union lead in the medal tallies.

Sorry? The highest EU team is France, who are 8th.
    Huh? The EU has won 63 medals so far, including 16 golds, easily beating China, Japan, England etc.
    Wait - are we saying that the EU should be treated as a single entity that's allowed to enter 27 separate teams into every event? Hardly a level playing field. Should the US be allowed to enter 50 teams (one for each state)?
    Or at least 27 teams to be fair.
    The UK as well?
    Should every country be allowed 27 entries?
    Wait till you see how many teams 'Oxford' and 'Cambridge' are allowed to enter into University Challenge!
    I reckon Oxford or Cambridge would win Uni Challenge every year if they entered single teams.
    Ah, so it's to give the thickos a chance! Dashed sporting of them..
    Which one rejected you out of interest?
    Oxbridge art schools weren’t much cop when I were a lad.
    It was possible to mix art and Oxbridge. Anthony Blunt proved that.
    Eh? He was a mathematician turned modern linguist.
    Yes. But then into Fine Art, starting there.
    But no different from any other sideline. He could have ended up doing drama or tortoise racing or whatever for a living, but the basis of his official studies and presence was not art. There was no art school (and Blunt was a historian of art AFAIK).
    Well his graduate research was in French art history, then parleyed into a career in that field. No actual art school, no, but he did "mix art and Oxbridge" so I think my comment was technically accurate.
    Okay then! Though it's no different in my view from doing a PhD on 'Tortoise racing and the court of the Sun King' IMV.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    NEW THREAD
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Indeed, have to admit I think we might end up seeing HSBC being placed in awkward position.

Honestly close down any HSBC or First Direct accounts and product you hold.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

Cookie said:

AlistairM said:

AlistairM said:

maaarsh said:

AlistairM said:

Pulpstar said:

AlistairM said:

Dressage should really not be at the Olympics. It is not a sport. Even though we seem to be quite good at it.

Genuine question though. *Why are there separate mens and womens events for it? Does being one gender give a significant advantage? What about the horse's gender? Does a male rider have to compete on a male horse and female riders on female horses? If not, why not?

To my eye it looks like the horse does all the hard work and the rider just sits there. It is like figure skating for horses. **Might as well give Olympic medals for choreography. That would at least be honest.

It is even worse than having all the umpteen different swim medals for swimming with different strokes. Should just be freestyle. ***Otherwise why aren't there skipping, hopping and running backwards competitions on the track?

* There aren't
    ** The choreography is scored in the individual competition.
    *** Walking is included in the program of events.
    * Good
    ** Should give the performance medals to the horses then
    *** Walking shouldn't be an event
    Pace Stephen fry, walking is like a competition to see who can whisper the loudest... Had the swimming debate yesterday with the wife. I think it could be restricted to who can go the fastest (which would be freestyle). Always thought it a bit unfair how many medals swimmers can amass. Also think that the distances are odd too. 100 m athletics is very different to 200, 400, 800 and 1500. Are the equivalent in swimming so different? I’d argue not.
    Makes me smile to see the BBC get so excited about the sprinting ability of Adam Peaty - of course as a breaststroke specialist he's one of the slowest swimmers at the Olympics with even alsorans in the other events quicker.
    Adam Peaty I believe has some freak genetic double-jointedness which makes him naturally pre-disposed to being great at breast stroke. He clearly won the genetic lottery when it comes to all the characteristics needed to be good at that specific stroke.

To give you an idea of how good he is as a result, Adrian Moorhouse set a WR for 100m breaststoke in 1990 of 1:01.49. Peaty's WR is now 56.88. That is 5 seconds, or 7.5% faster. If they had been in the same race when setting their WRs, Moorhouse would have been 7.5m behind Peaty.

The 100m freestyle WR is 46.91 (interestingly set way back in 2009) and so breaststroke is nowhere close to that. Peaty's breaststroke would be competitive with the Peter Fick in freestyle. Peter Fick set the freestyle WR in 1934, 1935 and 1936!

I do think there should be different distances in swimming. I just don't think there should be all the different strokes, just freestyle. Don't get me started on the medleys! That would be like getting a track competitor to cover 400m - 100m hopping, 100m skipping, 100m running backwards and 100m normal running. Frankly ridiculous.
    Triathlon? Any -athlon?
    The "thlons" mostly (modern pentathlon aside) are all genuine sporting endeavours using higher, faster or further. Now if the triathlon started introducing different events where they had to swim butterfly and ride a unicycle then I think I might lose it.
    Triathlon isn't a test of cycling ability. The good swimmer/runners can just ride behind a domestique or a rival.
    I'm with @AlistairM above here. There are far too many swimming events based on making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself. Medleys is doubly ridiculous. You don't have a 400m medley in which you have to walk the first 100m, run the second 100m backwards, jump the third 100m and run the fourth 100m normally.

Also anything including points for artistic impression is not a sport e.g ice dancing.

I'm fairly sceptical of the place of gymnastics to be honest.

Andwhy no tug of war? That's a proper sport.
    Simple rule: get rid of all "sports" where scores are assigned by judges. If it can't be measured objectively, it's an art form, not a sport.
    You've just taken Tom Daley's gold away.
    He can still have a gold medal for being best at something. It just isn't something that I recognise as competitive sport.

Melt down his medal and reshape it into an Oscar, for all I care.
    If you're into the diving you can tell who's good and who isn't. Eg Tom and partner's final dive, obvious it was going to get a massive score. Perfectly in synch (the two became one), vertical entry, no splash.
    If you're ito Strictly Come Dancing you can tell who's good and who isn't. Doesn't make it a sport though.
    I'm not saying being able to tell who's good and who isn't is my definition of a sport. That would really open the floodgates.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,377

NEW THREAD

Comments broken there....
  • Options
    BalrogBalrog Posts: 207

Nigelb said:

Indeed, have to admit I think we might end up seeing HSBC being placed in awkward position.

Honestly close down any HSBC or First Direct accounts and product you hold.
    What is the risk with HSBC/first direct accounts?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited July 2021
    Update on Alistair's half baked theory

The England only figure is: 24367
    Extrapolating the May 1st to June 14th Exponential best fit to today would give you: 25733

EDIT: Can't read my own spreadsheet.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138
    Alistair said:

Extrapolating the May 1st to June 14th Exponential best fit to today would give you: 24868

I don't think it's half baked at all.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited July 2021
    DougSeal said:

Alistair said:

Extrapolating the May 1st to June 14th Exponential best fit to today would give you: 24868

I don't think it's half baked at all.
    It's barely one step above an Alistair Haimes quadratic curve fitting session.
  • Options
    Endillion said:

kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

Cookie said:

AlistairM said:

AlistairM said:

maaarsh said:

AlistairM said:

Pulpstar said:

AlistairM said:

Dressage should really not be at the Olympics. It is not a sport. Even though we seem to be quite good at it.

Genuine question though. *Why are there separate mens and womens events for it? Does being one gender give a significant advantage? What about the horse's gender? Does a male rider have to compete on a male horse and female riders on female horses? If not, why not?

To my eye it looks like the horse does all the hard work and the rider just sits there. It is like figure skating for horses. **Might as well give Olympic medals for choreography. That would at least be honest.

It is even worse than having all the umpteen different swim medals for swimming with different strokes. Should just be freestyle. ***Otherwise why aren't there skipping, hopping and running backwards competitions on the track?

* There aren't
    * Good
    Pace Stephen fry, walking is like a competition to see who can whisper the loudest... Had the swimming debate yesterday with the wife. I think it could be restricted to who can go the fastest (which would be freestyle). Always thought it a bit unfair how many medals swimmers can amass. Also think that the distances are odd too. 100 m athletics is very different to 200, 400, 800 and 1500. Are the equivalent in swimming so different? I’d argue not.
    Makes me smile to see the BBC get so excited about the sprinting ability of Adam Peaty - of course as a breaststroke specialist he's one of the slowest swimmers at the Olympics with even alsorans in the other events quicker.
    Adam Peaty I believe has some freak genetic double-jointedness which makes him naturally pre-disposed to being great at breast stroke. He clearly won the genetic lottery when it comes to all the characteristics needed to be good at that specific stroke.

To give you an idea of how good he is as a result, Adrian Moorhouse set a WR for 100m breaststoke in 1990 of 1:01.49. Peaty's WR is now 56.88. That is 5 seconds, or 7.5% faster. If they had been in the same race when setting their WRs, Moorhouse would have been 7.5m behind Peaty.

The 100m freestyle WR is 46.91 (interestingly set way back in 2009) and so breaststroke is nowhere close to that. Peaty's breaststroke would be competitive with the Peter Fick in freestyle. Peter Fick set the freestyle WR in 1934, 1935 and 1936!

I do think there should be different distances in swimming. I just don't think there should be all the different strokes, just freestyle. Don't get me started on the medleys! That would be like getting a track competitor to cover 400m - 100m hopping, 100m skipping, 100m running backwards and 100m normal running. Frankly ridiculous.
    Triathlon? Any -athlon?
    The "thlons" mostly (modern pentathlon aside) are all genuine sporting endeavours using higher, faster or further. Now if the triathlon started introducing different events where they had to swim butterfly and ride a unicycle then I think I might lose it.
    Triathlon isn't a test of cycling ability. The good swimmer/runners can just ride behind a domestique or a rival.
    I'm with @AlistairM above here. There are far too many swimming events based on making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself. Medleys is doubly ridiculous. You don't have a 400m medley in which you have to walk the first 100m, run the second 100m backwards, jump the third 100m and run the fourth 100m normally.

Also anything including points for artistic impression is not a sport e.g ice dancing.

Simple rule: get rid of all "sports" where scores are assigned by judges. If it can't be measured objectively, it's an art form, not a sport.
    He can still have a gold medal for being best at something. It just isn't something that I recognise as competitive sport.

If you're into the diving you can tell who's good and who isn't. Eg Tom and partner's final dive, obvious it was going to get a massive score. Perfectly in synch (the two became one), vertical entry, no splash.
    I can also tell who's a good actor and who isn't. I just have no way of knowing who's the best in the world right now, and by how much.

I grant diving is less subjective than acting, and also than many of the more obviously judgment-based Olympic events. But, one has to draw a line somewhere, and it seems to me simplest to draw it between "no subjectivity" and "some subjectivity".
    Too doctrinaire. We'd lose iconic Olympic moments - eg in boxing and gymnastics - and for what benefit?
  • Options
    MaffewMaffew Posts: 235
    Well the Guardian has reported today's case numbers with "after falling for seven days in a row, the daily number of new cases is starting to rise again." Nice to see journalists still struggling with this.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Maffew said:

Well the Guardian has reported today's case numbers with "after falling for seven days in a row, the daily number of new cases is starting to rise again." Nice to see journalists still struggling with this.

You'd think that after 18 months they would have learnt a thing or two.
  • Options
    Maffew said:

Its as predictable as finding out Wayne Rooney is shagging around in £50 a night hotels again...
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,586

Nigelb said:

If "provoking trouble" is a thing, then I think quite a few of us ought to avoid visiting China any time soon.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926

NEW THREAD

Can't post on it.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Maffew said:

You'd think that after 18 months they would have learnt a thing or two.
    Dunning–Kruger effect.....
  • Options

I find the BBC headline on Biles rather weird...Why 'superhuman' Simone Biles could change attitudes

Isn't the whole issue being that she isn't superhuman, she isn't a robot that can perform perfectly 100 times out of 100 regardless of everything else.

The superhuman is in inverted commas, which I think is the point being made.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

Cookie said:

AlistairM said:

AlistairM said:

maaarsh said:

AlistairM said:

Pulpstar said:

AlistairM said:

* There aren't
    * Good

Triathlon? Any -athlon?

If you're ito Strictly Come Dancing you can tell who's good and who isn't. Doesn't make it a sport though.
    It's official name is "Dancesport".

https://www.worlddancesport.org/
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

I find the BBC headline on Biles rather weird...Why 'superhuman' Simone Biles could change attitudes

Isn't the whole issue being that she isn't superhuman, she isn't a robot that can perform perfectly 100 times out of 100 regardless of everything else.

The superhuman is in inverted commas, which I think is the point being made.
    Its been changed now, so clearly an editor at the BBC thought the same.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,377

Maffew said:

Its as predictable as finding out Wayne Rooney is shagging around in £50 a night hotels again...
    To be fair - Wayne Rooney occasional doesn't shag around etc etc...
  • Options

NEW THREAD AND IT WORKS THIS TIME

• Options
    felix said:

TOPPING said:

AlistairM said:

AlistairM said:

maaarsh said:

AlistairM said:

Pulpstar said:

AlistairM said:

* There aren't
    * Good

Triathlon? Any -athlon?
    I think I disagree with that. Although of the three disciplines, I'd argue swimming requires much more technique to go fast than running and cycling.

I love triathlon; could never do one though, unless the swimming section was the three metre sink. Which I'd win.

Once.
    Some perv came up with a way to watch women cycling and running in swim suits. That's triathlon.
    If I were attracted to blokes, I would be glued to the Men's "synchro". Bleedin' heck all those abs and whatnot and teeny tiny trunks.

Ooh-er.
    Speaking as one who is I prefer more clothes and more imagination..
    OK. Here you go:

https://www.espn.co.uk/olympics/summer/2012/story/_/id/8133052/athletes-spill-details-dirty-secrets-olympic-village-espn-magazine
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,995
    ClippP said:

Has this been posted on here?

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-07-28/innova-pasaca-covid-17-antigen-test-british-uk-government

The Innova scandal ought to be fatal for Johnson and his government?

Yes, because we should have done tests and due diligence for a couple of years on vaccines and tests before ordering initial samples for a wider phase-II trial. Then, in 2025, we should have ordered a few million tests.

Witness also the vaccines.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,231

Mr. Urquhart, in all honesty I'm very glad to have PB as a resource given the dire state of modern 'news'.

And grateful to me as well for helping filling in the huge gaps in your knowledge of (classical) history.

There may well be a thread this weekend comparing Boris Johnson to Marcus Antonius.
    Commodus, yes, I can see that parallel. Just as, if they hadn’t been the other way around, I would compare Theresa May to Pertinax.

But why Marcus Antonius?
This discussion has been closed.