Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

CON lead slips to 13% with YouGov that has the Greens in third place ahead of the LDs – politicalbet

SystemSystem Posts: 11,005
edited June 2021 in General
imageCON lead slips to 13% with YouGov that has the Greens in third place ahead of the LDs – politicalbetting.com

I always like to look at recent polls in context by using the Wikipedia table above. As can be seen YouGov continues to find the biggest leads for the Tories with most other recent polls having the margin in single figures. Opinium, the top pollster at GE2019 is due to report next on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,821
    edited June 2021
    1st

Like the Tories until SKS goes
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,234
    Eek! Chesham and Amersham is less than a week away.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Sleazy broken Tories see the reality of peak Boris
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,708
    Footy fans: There has ben a notable absence of Euro tips on PB.Com.

As matches start this evening does any of you football watchers have any betting ideas? @TSE , @Foxy , @Peter_the_Punter ?
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,216
    Are the Greens ready for what will happen to them when their new crop of voters head back to Labour?

As happened with the Lib Dems....
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,848
    A remainer who has not accepted the reality of Brexit, and can't move on. Oh, wait...

We didn’t vote to Leave the EU to find ourselves being threatened by Brussels. The British people stand up to bullies and so should @BorisJohnson #ditchtheprotocol https://twitter.com/CatharineHoey/status/1402646225803960330
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited June 2021
    "with most other recent polls having the margin in single figures."

11 of 16 have double digit leads...

The difference is always the Labour number vs the other left leaning parties. The Tory number is consistent at around 43%.
  • Options
    The first G7 'huddle' without the UK... https://twitter.com/EmmanuelMacron/status/1403325189253906436
  • Options
    OT France now 9/2 favourite for Euro 2020 after being tipped in the Racing Post (so probably cut half a point before the books took any more money). Harry Kane favourite for top scorer.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    @Stocky - I have made two bets:

Spain to reach the final @ 9/2 (they have a decent draw).

And a six-fold accumulator on the group winners: Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Croatia, Spain and Portgual @ 100/1.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,894
    There are 11 double digit leads for the Tories in the table Mike has reproduced from Wiki, only 4 of which are YouGov, so I don’t think it’s right to blame it all on in house bias

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    The Green surge is being driven by under 30s in inner cities and university areas.

If you wanted to pick seats to see that filter through than wealthy stockbroker belt Chesham and Amersham and Brexit voting towns like Batley and Spen are not it
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,280
    FPT

Not a cricketist, but this is rather sad. Ollie Robinson's taking indefinite leave from the sport:
    https://twitter.com/FlashCric/status/1402985369872650250

I loathe puritanism.

Absolutely.

I mean I'm contemplating no longer telling jokes.

There's always a prat who will take offence and my high quality jokes.

A sad day for the world.
  • Options
    My C&A mole reports seeing only one poster in his road, and it's a yellow one.
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,826
    Scott_xP said:
    Or the G5 discover the delights of snakebite
  • Options

The difference is always the Labour number vs the other left leaning parties. The Tory number is consistent at around 43%.

Politco's poll of poll is -

• Options
    edited June 2021
    On topic, my return to the office has been delayed, instead of the 5th of July, it is now 26th of July (at the earliest).

Boooooo!

But will will a delay to freedom day cause the government a hit in the polls? I have my doubts.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    "slips to 13%......."

I'm sure tories are horrified

:smiley:
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,691
    FPT

Context here on whether young people should be given AZ on a balance of risks basis. I would say the crossover is between the Low (55/100 000) and Medium (400/100 000) case rates. This analysis was pre-delta so the crossover may be a bit lower.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/chmp-annex/annex-vaxzevria-art53-visual-risk-contextualisation_en.pdf
  • Options
    Ollie Robinson

Poor little snowflake
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,899
    201,607 308,128

Total needles in arms passes 70 million.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Stocky said:

As matches start this evening does any of you football watchers have any betting ideas? @TSE , @Foxy , @Peter_the_Punter ?

Been laying England and Spain.

Assuming no Covid-19 complications, I've been topping up on France winning it.

I thought having fans in at Wembley would help England but it has the potential to be very toxic.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    https://twitter.com/skywatcherintel/status/1403302712544989186

I love that the theme of this year's G7 Summit is climate change and we've just watched 2x A320s circle an airport for over an hour.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,209
    fpt about SKS being doomed because he is a remainer.

Not to say he isn't and I've no idea after the bollocks that the EU indulged in over the vaccines/Ireland, etc what the overall public view is, but do we expect every politician to fall in behind the policies of the winner of the election they've just lost?

Should Lab win in 2024 (don't laugh) will the Cons adopt all the Lab policies because the public has spoken?
  • Options
    Also have bet on Italy to win it as well.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    edited June 2021
    isam said:

Net satisfaction at the same point in their premiership:

1. Tony Blair +35 <- lol
    2. Boris Johnson -3
    3. Margaret Thatcher -27
    4. David Cameron -28
    5. Theresa May -32
    6. Gordon Brown - 39
    7. John Major -44

Ipsos MORI
    Ht @Keiranpedley </i>

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1403321611026108417?s=20

Very interesting indeed. Comparing those figures to electoral outcomes suggests they have a not-insignificant amount of predictive power...
    The way its often reported, you would think Boris is the most unpopular / divisive PM ever.
    Crossover with the most popular Govt ever approaches. The Boris haters are 21st Century Hague fans telling everyone their man will see Blair off

Yeah, OK, maybe Boris is the second-most-popular incumbent in 40 years, maybe the popularity of his government is close to crossover with Tony Blair's, maybe the average of all the polls gives his party a steady lead of 10% in the 12th consecutive year of Conservative government...

... but we need to say something bad about Boris, however desperate, OK? :wink:
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Not to say he isn't and I've no idea after the bollocks that the EU indulged in over the vaccines/Ireland, etc what the overall public view is, but do we expect every politician to fall in behind the policies of the winner of the election they've just lost?

Should Lab win in 2024 (don't laugh) will the Cons adopt all the Lab policies because the public has spoken?

I think him being a remainer is a different issue. While yes in 2019 the conservatives had a brexit manifesto falling in behind brexit shouldn't be seen as falling in behind the conservatives but rather falling in behind what the electorate on a non party basis said they wanted in 2016
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,976
    Scott_xP said:
    Scott_xP said:
    Because I look at that group and that “what a wonderful, non vindictive group of individuals who show absolutely flexibility at every opportunity, let’s join them”.

No.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I find the Greens by far the least appealing of the political parties.

Kinda agree, there's as much of me voting for the Greens as voting for any party led by Nigel Farage.

Bunch of watermelons.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,200

A most "Metropolitan" constituency!
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Pulpstar said:

201,607 308,128

Great to see half a million done in a day and fantastic to see 70 million passed. 200k first doses is a very good number too.

I wonder how long before 18+ are freely invited to get vaccinations in England?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    The EU leaders have their own table away from the G7 crowd.

• Options
    Sean_F said:

I find the Greens by far the least appealing of the political parties.

Not a fan of the greens but find the lib dems to be least appealing
  • Options
    'As it stands, figures in Brussels are unsympathetic to the idea of fewer checks – as they worry it could set a bad precedent. Several EU diplomats see Frost as the problem – taking issue with his confrontational style.'

✍️ Katy Balls

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/tensions-escalate-between-eu-and-uk-over-northern-ireland-protocol
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    tlg86 said:

@Stocky - I have made two bets:

Spain to reach the final @ 9/2 (they have a decent draw).

And a six-fold accumulator on the group winners: Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Croatia, Spain and Portgual @ 100/1.

It will be Bingo betting on this. Remember when Denmark won without even qualifying, on holiday when the other camps were preparing.

The best guide is sides who go deep have tended to have done well recently. Semi’s from last World Cup France, Belgium, England, Croatia.

The Wimbledon factor. One side of this draw looks easier than the other should also influence the betting, if you fancy a side look at the possible route and toss up games
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

I think him being a remainer is a different issue. While yes in 2019 the conservatives had a brexit manifesto falling in behind brexit shouldn't be seen as falling in behind the conservatives but rather falling in behind what the electorate on a non party basis said they wanted in 2016
    Yes that is true but the public changes its mind. Presumably if it is felt there is political advantage to be gained by positioning Lab as closer ties to the EU then that is a calculus which will be played out at the ballot box.

Then again, apart from agreeing with every Cons policy of the past 15 months, and I watched SKS talk on the Pride video, I have absolutely no idea what any Lab policies are.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,050
    TOPPING said:

They've adopted half of them already.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

Yes that is true but the public changes its mind. Presumably if it is felt there is political advantage to be gained by positioning Lab as closer ties to the EU then that is a calculus which will be played out at the ballot box.

Then again, apart from agreeing with every Cons policy of the past 15 months, and I watched SKS talk on the Pride video, I have absolutely no idea what any Lab policies are.
    When you find out you could do keir starmer a favour and let him know
  • Options

Politco's poll of poll is -

SNP might as well disband now on those figures. Or perhaps it would make more sense to graph SNP & PC on percentage polling in their own countries.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

Pulpstar said:

201,607 308,128

Great to see half a million done in a day and fantastic to see 70 million passed. 200k first doses is a very good number too.

The value of the vaccine currency is falling, Philip. PHE is intent on devaluing it.

New variants, you see.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Scotland taking the knee now after pressure put on them by politicians/social media. I can go back to booing them now.
  • Options
    Most depressing news of the day? Exercise increases risk of MND.

I mean FFS what else does fate have in store for us?
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,708

Stocky said:

I thought having fans in at Wembley would help England but it has the potential to be very toxic.
    I would also fancy France but for the tough draw.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

He will be the first to know.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932

A most "Metropolitan" constituency!
    While also remaining in the Chilterns (or at least the Amersham half).
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Stocky said:

I would also fancy France but for the tough draw.
    FInishing third means you can still qualify for the knockout stage, so being in a tough group isn't the worst.

The media haven't quite cottoned on to that, they like their group of death narratives.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Rule 1 of life whatever you do some scientist will discover is bad for you
    Rule 2 of life stop listening to them and live life instead of worrying about trying to live longer
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362

Has the English summer stopped drizzling on them?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Sex and orgasms cause cancer.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,789
    edited June 2021

It's a lovely venue. Although, if I was hosting such a gathering in the South West, I'd probably choose the South Sands Hotel, or a venue in Dartmouth.

https://www.southsands.com/
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

He will be the first to know.
    Surely the focus group will be first to know, he won't know till they tell him
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Opposition leaders who win tend to be ones who can understand why they've lost in the past and adapt to win instead.

Blair and Cameron both responded to past defeats by successfully modernising their parties in order to attract new voters.

Keir Starmer as Shadow Brexit Secretary responded to 413 out of 650 constituencies voting to leave by doubling down on Remain and ensuring that engulfed and dominated politics for years.

Then the Labour Party responded to a landslide defeat to "Get Brexit Done" by choosing their Shadow Brexit Secretary personally associated with a second referendum etc as their new leader.

The problem for Labour:
  • Options

TOPPING said:

It's bad enough that pizzas and apple crumble, not to say alcohol can lead to weight gain and now this.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011

TOPPING said:

Birth causes death.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    TOPPING said:

Only if you are already genetically predisposed to it.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Only if you are already genetically predisposed to it.
    I was actually surprised to see the numbers for MND incidence are 1 in 300. Seems high to me. Where's the vaccine for that fucker?
  • Options
    SKS has managed to lead Lab to a double digit deficit without a hostile media.

Just think how low they could go and how many seats they could lose when the media turns their guns on his remain and DPP record.

Cant understand why any Lab sympathiser thinks he is the right person to turn this round when all the evidence shows he isnt
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Not just because he was a Remainer, but because he actively tried to overturn the referendum result when he was Labour’s Brexit Sec. Politicians who campaigned for Remain but accepted the result and voted to enable Brexit rather than refusing to have it are a different kettle of fish
  • Options

Just think how low they could go and how many seats they could lose when the media turns their guns on his remain and DPP record.

Cant understand why any Lab sympathiser thinks he is the right person to turn this round when all the evidence shows he isnt

If only if Corbyn hadn't been so shit then Laura Piddock would replace Starmer before the next GE.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

Rule 2 of life stop listening to them and live life instead of worrying about trying to live longer
    Rule 3: in whatever century this bullshit epidemic is finally over, a lengthy period of silence from all public health experts would be very welcome. Not that we are going to get it, of course.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Well if you got rid of both, the incidence of human cancer would drop quite a bit....
  • Options
    509,645 vaccinations in Flag of United Kingdom yesterday

Flag of England 173,443 1st doses / 248,650 2nd doses
    Flag of Scotland 17,846 / 30,065
    Flag of Wales 6,180 / 22,111
    NI 4,138 / 7,212
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,954
    Brom said:

Scotland taking the knee now after pressure put on them by politicians/social media. I can go back to booing them now.

How will we tell which team you're booing in Eng v Sco, or is that bogof?
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

Not just because he was a Remainer, but because he actively tried to overturn the referendum result when he was Labour’s Brexit Sec. Politicians who campaigned for Remain but accepted the result and voted to enable Brexit rather than refusing to have it are a different kettle of fish
    https://twitter.com/asfarasdelgados/status/1390290292339875847?s=21
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Well if you got rid of both, the incidence of human cancer would drop quite a bit....
    We could keep orgasms and just get rid of sex for the same result. Maybe an orgasm pill
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,838
    Floater said:

https://twitter.com/skywatcherintel/status/1403302712544989186

I love that the theme of this year's G7 Summit is climate change and we've just watched 2x A320s circle an airport for over an hour.

LOL, they all turned up at the same time to a tiny airport, did no-one think to schedule them an hour apart?
  • Options

NI 4,138 / 7,212

Yeah, but variants, innit.

We'll be starting again soon.

As Zahawi indicated to JHB this morning.

Freedom will be yours when we've all had the booster!

Believe that and you really will believe anything.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760

Brom said:

How will we tell which team you're booing in Eng v Sco, or is that bogof?
    That's the point :)

Although Scotland aren't taking the knee in the other 2 matches so they only oppose racism on Fridays.
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

Liz Truss has done a great job there and could be a future Prime Minister despite having campained to Remain. Indeed I think she was even on one of the debates on behalf of Remain wasn't she?

But she's for years now said she got that wrong, accepted the result, and is making Brexit work not simply like May trying to "limit the damage".
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Opposition leaders who win tend to be ones who can understand why they've lost in the past and adapt to win instead.

Blair and Cameron both responded to past defeats by successfully modernising their parties in order to attract new voters.

Keir Starmer as Shadow Brexit Secretary responded to 413 out of 650 constituencies voting to leave by doubling down on Remain and ensuring that engulfed and dominated politics for years.

Then the Labour Party responded to a landslide defeat to "Get Brexit Done" by choosing their Shadow Brexit Secretary personally associated with a second referendum etc as their new leader.

The problem for Labour:
    Yeah that is true. And as I said I don't know what their current position (anyone?). Just that political parties can succed by leading opinion rather than following it so as a strategy it is not preposterous.
  • Options

If only if Corbyn hadn't been so shit then Laura Piddock would replace Starmer before the next GE.
    She still could if she gets a by election win. It would add to the gaiety of the nation
  • Options
    northern_monkeynorthern_monkey Posts: 1,501
    FPT:

gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

Gardenwalker perhaps try debating rather than ad hoc criticisms.

I will if you bring something to the party better than your “my mate said it was the immigrants” stuff.

By the way, it’s not controversial to note that ethnic minority communities have higher non-vax rates, just say it - don’t hide behind some anecdote and then conclude - as if speaking in a whisper to the white van man who delivered your new TV - “says it all, dunnit?”
    I suppose you have no problem calling monkey pox, monkey pox.
    I have no idea what you’re talking about.
    Sadly that seems to be the norm in your case.

Calling Gardenwalker a debating Neanderthal is picking very low hanging fruit.
    We’re still waiting for you to explain what monkey pox is.
    I had it once. It's not nice but the suppositories worked eventually, though the 3 inch diameter was problematic.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

TOPPING said:

In the West Wing, Donna lists the things that have been found to cause cancer in white mice to a Nobel level scientist and asks if there is a problem with the white mice....
  • Options
    isam said:

TOPPING said:

If he campaigned to do that presumably that was because he believed there was a constituency which was receptive to that. Not a large enough one, it turned out, but as a political strategy it is perfectly rational, if unsuccessful to date.
  • Options

NI 4,138 / 7,212

How are you coping with the pubs not reopening last month?

Oh wait, they did open despite you saying they wouldn't.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    PB lawyers and assorted brains.
    Paid the first month instalment of Council Tax. Meant to set up a direct debit but forgot. (There has been a little going on).
    Got a court summons today for £1638 plus £50 costs. No reminder nor anything.
    Is this legal?
    I mean we can afford to pay and have done, but plenty of vulnerable people couldn't. And we are only about six weeks overdue on the next instalment. Can they demand we pay for the full year? What if we are moving or get hit by a truck?
    At the very least it seems an utterly unnecessary escalation on the Council's part.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Pagan2 said:

She still could if she gets a by election win. It would add to the gaiety of the nation
    In a little over two years she managed to lose a safe Labour council seat and parliamentary constituency.

She'd turn East Ham or a Liverpool seat into a Tory gain in a by election.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Pulpstar said:

201,607 308,128

The value of the vaccine currency is falling, Philip. PHE is intent on devaluing it.

New variants, you see.
    Will be fascinating to see if the vaccine bounce is still in effect when we get to October and the Government folds to new demands from SAGE that we lock down for another six months because (a) most people haven't had their third jab and (b) the Omicron-6 variant is 37% more transmissible than the Mu-4 variant.
  • Options
    VompVomp Posts: 36
    edited June 2021
    TOPPING said:

Small print: only for those few who have a genetic predisposition. But many others will hear it as a reason to stay lardarsed. The way this is being reported is utterly crap for public health. Radio 4 prefaced it with "As some of us have long suspected" and then basically said exercise risks your health. "Here you go, here's a good taunt to throw at the family member who likes Lycra, goes for a jog before breakfast, and doesn't stuff his face with crisps, and probably has a life expectancy 15 years longer than yours. He thought he was so smart. But actually you're the smart one. Have some more crisps."

Meanwhile are there any stats for the incidence and severity of side-effects of the various SARSCoV2 vaccines, preferably broken down by age? A niece in her mid-20s asked me about this. Sensible question if she's to make an informed choice. (Just to be clear: I'm not interested in any sites that mention Bill Gates, George Soros, nanotech, etc.)

• Options

NI 4,138 / 7,212

That's fake pub opening, which goes with the fake covid tests, the fake covid results, the fake covid hospitalisations, the fake covid deaths.......
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,382
    FPT
    Fishing said:

Leon said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

A nice flat in the Barbican which is a bit more sensible than the Shard, tho still pricey

Is that Hague Blue in the bedroom?

I believe flats in the Barbican towers are much sought after (hence the stinging price for a 2 bed) so they seem to work, at least

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/88793260#/media?id=media15&ref=photoCollage

The Barbican started life as council flats, did it not? Town planning by the Luftwaffe.
    Yes, I think it was. You won the lottery if you got a flat there and then Thatch gave you Right To Buy

I've been in a couple of Barbican flats, they are very nice inside. Well made. The brutalist exterior is not for everyone but I like the jagged silhouettes. Ceilings could be a tiny bit higher, but other than that rather pleasant. And wonderful views, especially at night. And of course you are surrounded by the gardens and history of the Barbican, which is still a bit of a hidden gem, despite the arts complex. It has a fabulous arboretum which few people know, see here

High rise if done well is fine for most people without kids, and that is quite a lot of people. Older people love the Barbican, for example

Barbican flats are very popular with very wealthy retired people, and with company CEOs and city financiers whose families are out in the sticks (or indeed around the world), giving them a safe flat a stone’s throw from the City and with a purpose built concert/cinema/theatre complex plus restaurants and bars with lots of up market clientele, right there.
    Yes, it's a grand place to live
    The best thing about living in the Barbican is you don't have the Barbican destroying your view.

It's a horrific place to look at. Four stunningly ugly browney-grey concrete eyesores blighting so many views of St Paul's.

Barbican has never been typical "Council Flats"; they have always been at market value rental. But they did have the right to buy, and many did.

Arthur Scargill tried and failed to buy the flat the NUM was was funding for him, but lost because his primary residence was elsewhere.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    dixiedean said:

Paid the first month instalment of Council Tax. Meant to set up a direct debit but forgot. (There has been a little going on).
    Is this legal?
    I mean we can afford to pay and have done, but plenty of vulnerable people couldn't. And we are only about six weeks overdue on the next instalment. Can they demand we pay for the full year? What if we are moving or get hit by a truck?
    At the very least it seems an utterly unnecessary escalation on the Council's part.

Is the £1638 your actual Council tax and £50 the only charge for being late?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079

1st

Like the Tories until SKS goes

Maybe. He's certainly in a hole. But I don't see the point of trying to agitate him out right now. He has to be given a year or so to see if he can get some traction.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Is this legal?

No, they have to send two reminder notices before they can move to enforcement action.
  • Options
    Vomp said:

TOPPING said:

Small print: only for those few who have a genetic predisposition. But many others will hear it as a reason to stay lardarsed. The way this is being reported is utterly crap for public health. Radio 4 prefaced it with "As some of us have long suspected" and then basically said exercise risks your health. "Here you go, here's a good taunt to throw at the family member who likes Lycra, goes for a jog before breakfast, doesn't stuff his face with crisps, and probably has a life expectancy 15 years longer than yours. He thought he was so smart. But actually you're the smart one. Have some more crisps."

Meanwhile are there any stats for the incidence and severity of side-effects of the various SARSCoV2 vaccines, preferably broken down by age? A niece in her mid-20s asked me about this. Sensible question if she's to make an informed choice.

If a member of my family ever wears lycra I will be throwing more than taunts at them. I don't mind people exercising and being healthy but lycra should never have been invented
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    felix said:

I see they actually had chairs for both the women! Progress!
    In before claims of sexism over this picture...women know your place....

• Options
    TOPPING said:

It does? MND has been very prevalent amongst rugby players of both codes. Doddie Weir and Rob Burrow being high profile examples. There was a suspicion it might be linked to head injuries.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,346
    Floater said:

"slips to 13%......."

I'm sure tories are horrified

:smiley:

I thought that, what a line that is.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Pulpstar said:

201,607 308,128

New variants, you see.
    Will be fascinating to see if the vaccine bounce is still in effect when we get to October and the Government folds to new demands from SAGE that we lock down for another six months because (a) most people haven't had their third jab and (b) the Omicron-6 variant is 37% more transmissible than the Mu-4 variant.
    The vaccine bounce is already fading because the government's own health body is trying to undermine it. They are behaving far worse than any vaxx-ambivalent or anti-vaxxers are.

And so the government is in the extraordinary position of trumpeting a vaccine that it is at the same time starting to undermine.

What's important here, clearly, is control. What else could it be?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    G7 police officer tests positive for coronaviurus

Covid outbreak closes hotel in G7 summit town
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

TOPPING said:

If he campaigned to do that presumably that was because he believed there was a constituency which was receptive to that. Not a large enough one, it turned out, but as a political strategy it is perfectly rational, if unsuccessful to date.
    Yeah he can do what he likes, but I think him doing so is a big reason he’s polling the same as Corbyn personally, and his party worse than Jez’s worst election/losing safe Labour seats in by elections
  • Options

NI 4,138 / 7,212

Don't nitpick.

They are not pubs as you or I know them. It is a huge faff. As is going to the theatre. Or buying a packet of fags from the newsagent.

• Options

felix said:

If its the G7 why are their 9 of them are they innumerate?
  • Options
    Scotland will join England in taking a knee when the teams meet at Wembley but will stand against racism in their home group matches at Euro 2020.

Scared of their own fans reaction?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Is this legal?

Is the £1638 your actual Council tax and £50 the only charge for being late?
    Yes. Well it is 90%, as I paid the first instalment. Also had a court date in Bedlington for us.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

felix said:

If its the G7 why are their 9 of them are they innumerate?
    Because of EU UUUUUUUNNNNNNIIITTTYYYYYYY....
This discussion has been closed.