Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Are there any honest Scottish Nationalists? – politicalbetting.com

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    edited April 2021
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

eek said:

tlg86 said:
    I hope the FA have hinted that the 14 clubs resigning would be looked at favourable were that required.
    Could the PL not dissolve itself and then re-invite all 20 clubs under new terms that they must be part of the FA/UEFA/FIFA pyramid to take part? That makes the most sense to me and I'm not sure how anyone can stop a private company from doing that if the 6 clubs don't like it then they would have to actually form a rival domestic league as well which would also sit outside of the FA pyramid.
    It looks like the Stupid Six have broken EPL rules

Football Daily
    @footballdaily

The Premier League have reminded the clubs of their rules following the 'European Super League'

"Clubs need the prior written approval of the board during the season before they enter in to a competition that is not previously acknowledged by them or the FA.""

No idea what the sanction might be. Perhaps expulsion? Demotion?

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1384500676097495040?s=20
    If the ESL plans fall apart, you have to wonder what, if any fall out there will be, other than the clubs looking mighty stupid and greedy.

Because there's no way that the ESL lawyers haven't gone through the EPL/UEFA rulebook with a fine-toothed comb.
    Were they expecting the UK govt to offer immediate legislation? I doubt that very much.
    I doubt they wargamed it, thought about reactions, when the legal element is critical, and then thought no they couldn't possibly do that.

But we shall see.

As the experts on PM last night agreed, as it stands the govt can't really do anything. The principle behind it is to expand choice for the consumer and the arguments against are indicative of a kind of cartel so the laws as they stand are on the side of the ESL.
    But HMG can change the law, if necessary.
    Yes absolutely. We shall see what they feel they need to do but my guess is that they would have to make this only about the EPL because otherwise the unintended consequences could be...interesting.

And would this populist, 80-seat majority government really legislate about a new football competition? Well we shall see.
    I don't see why not as it would likely be the most popular piece of legislation in the last 50 years.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,290
    moonshine said:

Leon said:

Amazon Prime rules out any bid for ESL, because it is horrid.

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/status/1384507214530973696?s=20

And:

Footy Accumulators
    @FootyAccums
    Liverpool have grown "increasingly doubtful" in the last 24 hours about the Super League. The 'Big 6' clubs didn't expect the anger from the fans to be so extreme.

[Bild]

This is hilarious

The money side of this is interesting. JP Morgan would only get a credit approval, to lend against a fairly detailed draft contract with a media group. Probably an investment grade one. £4bn feels like too much of a stretch for them to punt, without knowing whether the scheme would pull in the punters hoped for at the prices required. That would be like taking equity risk on a new venture. Maybe they’d do that but feels punchy to me.

It’s not Sky. Len Blavatnik says it’s not his group. Amazon say it’s not them. Which surely only really leaves two viable options. Its Disney. Or Perez is telling porkies and they’re a long way off this being an irrevocable “contracts signed” done deal.
    Were you the famous author or the ECM guy/gal?
  • Options
    ridaligoridaligo Posts: 174
    Leon said:

Hahahahahahah

Ben Rumsby
    @ben_rumsby
    Am told Chelsea Pitch Owners is re-examining the Stamford Bridge lease in light of Chelsea joining The Super League. The CPO board will meet to discuss on Thursday.

Bassman93
    @UltraBassman93
    ·
    12m
    They have the power to evict the club from the ground and prevent it being called Chelsea.

So if Chelsea join the ESL, they have to move out of Chelsea, and they can't call themselves Chelsea

They didn't wargame THAT

This is people running around looking for ammo ... 99% of it will be the wrong caliber for the guns available.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,290
    edited April 2021

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

eek said:

tlg86 said:
    I hope the FA have hinted that the 14 clubs resigning would be looked at favourable were that required.
    Could the PL not dissolve itself and then re-invite all 20 clubs under new terms that they must be part of the FA/UEFA/FIFA pyramid to take part? That makes the most sense to me and I'm not sure how anyone can stop a private company from doing that if the 6 clubs don't like it then they would have to actually form a rival domestic league as well which would also sit outside of the FA pyramid.

Football Daily
    @footballdaily

The Premier League have reminded the clubs of their rules following the 'European Super League'

"Clubs need the prior written approval of the board during the season before they enter in to a competition that is not previously acknowledged by them or the FA.""

If the ESL plans fall apart, you have to wonder what, if any fall out there will be, other than the clubs looking mighty stupid and greedy.

Because there's no way that the ESL lawyers haven't gone through the EPL/UEFA rulebook with a fine-toothed comb.
    Were they expecting the UK govt to offer immediate legislation? I doubt that very much.
    I doubt they wargamed it, thought about reactions, when the legal element is critical, and then thought no they couldn't possibly do that.

But we shall see.

As the experts on PM last night agreed, as it stands the govt can't really do anything. The principle behind it is to expand choice for the consumer and the arguments against are indicative of a kind of cartel so the laws as they stand are on the side of the ESL.
    But HMG can change the law, if necessary.
    Yes absolutely. We shall see what they feel they need to do but my guess is that they would have to make this only about the EPL because otherwise the unintended consequences could be...interesting.

And would this populist, 80-seat majority government really legislate about a new football competition? Well we shall see.
    I don't see why not as it would likely be the most popular piece of legislation in the last 50 years.
    Well it's been a strange year so I wouldn't rule it out. O Tempora O Mores...
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,892
    Leon said:

Hahahahahahah

Ben Rumsby
    @ben_rumsby
    Am told Chelsea Pitch Owners is re-examining the Stamford Bridge lease in light of Chelsea joining The Super League. The CPO board will meet to discuss on Thursday.

Bassman93
    @UltraBassman93
    ·
    12m
    They have the power to evict the club from the ground and prevent it being called Chelsea.

So if Chelsea join the ESL, they have to move out of Chelsea, and they can't call themselves Chelsea

They didn't wargame THAT

добро пожаловать в московский Челси
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,735

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

eek said:

tlg86 said:

Football Daily
    @footballdaily

So how did they miss rule L9

"Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:

L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
    L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
    L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
    L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
    L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
    L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member."

The 6 are clearly in breach of this rule.

There's a rumour that PL have created an estoppel by convention by not insisting on that rule being honoured when the clubs entered tournaments like the International Champions Cup and the Audi Cup.

Edit - Oh and the World Club Cup.
    During the season seems key here. In the off season they are allowed to enter such competitions without this restriction.
    The Club World Cup and the European Super Cup usually take place during the season.

I think some elements of the ICC took place during the season.

It's going to be a mess.
    The Club World Cup and European Super Cup pre existed the PL if that makes a difference.

The ICC is a pre season tournament, if any matches have been played during the season it wont have been first team.
    Not quite.

The Club World Cup started in 2000 after the start of the PL.

You’re thinking of The Intercontinental Cup.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Cup_(football)
    Wiki states that the two competitions merged in 2005. That only leaves the 2000 World Club Championship where Man Utd played during the season. That was led by the FA and UK govt, Man Utd werent actually keen to play. No idea if the PL were involved as well as the FA.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328

eek said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

eek said:

tlg86 said:

Football Daily
    @footballdaily

So how did they miss rule L9

"Except with the prior written approval of the Board, during the Season a Club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:

L.9.1. the UEFA Champions League;
    L.9.2. the UEFA Europa League;
    L.9.3. the F.A. Cup;
    L.9.4. the F.A. Community Shield;
    L.9.5. the Football League Cup; or
    L.9.6. competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member."

The 6 are clearly in breach of this rule.

I don't think they missed it I think they thought having 6 members involved ensures something else could be invoked....

However it wouldn't be the first time lawyers missed the obvious.
    I couldn't see a sanction available to the EPL for this other than expulsion - which requires 15 clubs to vote for!
    That explains the inclusion of Tottenham!!! :dizzy:
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,892
    eek said:

Leon said:

And:

Footy Accumulators
    @FootyAccums
    Liverpool have grown "increasingly doubtful" in the last 24 hours about the Super League. The 'Big 6' clubs didn't expect the anger from the fans to be so extreme.

[Bild]

This is hilarious

As I said down thread, they don't need a Sky or Amazon...they can Netflix it via Bamtech.
    They also need to:-

1) get their app on TV and other devices
    2) and sell it.

They don't just need Big Mouse's tech they also need it's marketing and sales power at which point Big Mouse is going to say happy to do so - thanks for launching ESPN worldwide.
    Yep, it’s going to be Mouse TV, and ESPN Worldwide.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Leon said:

Boris going for it. He can see the open goal. He shoots....

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m
    New: Boris Johnson threatens breakaway clubs with new laws to block Super League

He’s told the FA and Premier League no action is off the table and the govt is exploring every possibility, including legislative options, to ensure the proposals are stopped

In a few days, this will look seriously, seriously stupid.
    Why does this remind me of your prediction last November that Boris congratulating Biden on winning the presidency would backfire terribly once it became clear that Trump was the real winner?
    WOW do you check my backposts?

Of course we heard ad nauseam from a cohort of posters that Biden was going to sweep Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Texas, North Carolina, Even Kentucky.

All total Bullsh8t of course, but strangely you are selective in remembering the track record of many.

No, I have this thing called a 'memory' - if you employed yours, you might recall the number of times you've been dead wrong in the past and use that to inform your current predictions.

It helps that your pronouncement that day was the most batshit insane thing you had said up to that point, so it made quite an impression on me. I'm sure I said so at the time.
    :D

That post actually got me LOLing. Bravo!
    So far he's been able to produce an allegation I called the US election for Trump. Big deal. Me and Millions of others. If Rasmussen's poll is right many Americans still think Trump won.

YOu called a whole load of states for Biden that would have cleaned out many punters.

Theer was a whole thread on here on why people should put their shirt on Biden for North Carolina. conveniently forgotten.

But we all make mistakes eh?
    Only morons believe Trump won, so sayeth Trump's lawyer.

"Even assuming, arguendo, that each of the statements alleged in the Complaint could be proved true or false, no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact,"

https://www.businessinsider.com/sidney-powell-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-take-seriously-2021-3?r=US&IR=T
    I don;t think he did.

Rasmussen's latest poll, however, has those who think the election was interfered with significantly on 51%. Big swing among independents.

So America must have a lot of morons.

But then that's always been your view, right?
    Wait, isn't your thing that we can't trust polling at all?
  • Options
    Leon said:

They have done nothing of the sort. All that statement does is state their current offer and that they haven't been in discussions with ESL. Not to say that they won't...
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    Sandpit said:

Leon said:

Hahahahahahah

Ben Rumsby
    @ben_rumsby

Bassman93
    @UltraBassman93
    ·
    12m

They didn't wargame THAT

добро пожаловать в московский Челси
    MosKow Dons?
This discussion has been closed.