Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Are there any honest Scottish Nationalists? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,150
    Cookie said:

Leon said:

Yes, it's Chelsea and City

utdreport
    @utdreport
    ·
    2m
    A well-placed executive at a club approached to join the Super League says Chelsea and Manchester City are wavering about joining the league. They are believed to have reluctantly joined because they feared missing out #mulive [guardian]

This is like watching Tiananmen Square or that attempted coup in Turkey. Except it's not students or secularists attempting to overthrow the regime, it's a bunch of twattish billionaires. Absolutely compelling

Chelsea and Manchester City have the distinction here that a) they'll (definitely in City's case and quite possibly in Chelsea's case) qualify for the next year's Champion's League anyway, and still retain an interest in the closing stages of this year's Champion's League; and b) aren't solely a money-making venture for American owners.

Arsenal are the most firmly committed to this, I reckon, probably followed by Liverpool.

Yes, apparently Liverpool are dead keen

However, Liverpool is the club that likes to think itself as the soul of football, the ultimate home team, Shankly, the Kop, Hillsborough. They are more susceptible to fan pressure than any of the others
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    dixiedean said:

Chameleon said:

Brom said:

Leon said:

utdreport
    @utdreport
    ·
    2m
    A well-placed executive at a club approached to join the Super League says Chelsea and Manchester City are wavering about joining the league. They are believed to have reluctantly joined because they feared missing out #mulive [guardian]

This is like watching Tiananmen Square or that attempted coup in Turkey. Except it's not students or secularists attempting to overthrow the regime, it's a bunch of twattish billionaires. Absolutely compelling

Alternatively:

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1384453928939491328

Simon Stone
    @sistoney67
    Been told six English clubs still unified in their desire to join Super League despite all the opposition and criticism. https://bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56812305 via @BBCSport

Well they won't have many friends in the media so they can expect a lot of conflicting stories to undermine the big 6 solidarity.
    I'd be surprised if one or two owners aren't have second thoughts but equally I think we're all shocked if these isupposedly intelligent men somehow underestimated the strength of public feeling.
    They probably predicted the pushback from the 'legacy' customers, not sure to what extent they considered the government though.
    These supposed billionaire business brains didn't get political advice on the nature of the UK government?
    Well if they were getting good political advice they'd have realised that the incumbent is itching for 'BoJo saves football' headlines in the Red Wall, and parked this for a bit.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14701106/european-super-league-boris-johnson-ludicrous/
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,979

Hi Folks. A somewhat more cheerful OKC after an hour or so in the gym, is here.

.Amazed to see in the Guardian that:
    "Johnson (has) described some of the aspects of the Northern Ireland protocol, which governs post-Brexit trading arrangements between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as “absurd”. And he restated his threat to invoke article 16 - which would allow parts of the protocol to be suspended - if the EU did not agree to make changes."

Apparently he's announcing this tonight in a BBC N.Ireland programme.

It's almost, perish the thought, that when he signed the protocol he didn't realise what he was doing!

Or he knew what he was doing but hoping that the EU wouldn't implement it to the letter...
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    malcolmg said:

We cannot possibly be worse off on our own, we are the bottom of teh pile as it is , the only way is up and that will never happen as long as we are a colony of England.

malcy, enough of the whiny crap about all your ills being England's fault. Try looking closer to home.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

HYUFD said:

Leon said:

HYUFD said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Been thinking about ESL this morning. Watched James Corden’s excellent, passionate demolition of the Satanic Six.

I’m angrier than ever. And more clear-headed. The problem with this breakaway is that the owners are treating the clubs as pure businesses because they’re privately owned. But that’s not the case. It’s like saying Blenheim Palace is purely a business, or Chatsworth House, because they are also privately owned.

If you buy Blenheim Palace from the Duke of Marlborough you’re entitled to make a profit from it, you can open it wider to the public, chuck in some more cafes, maybe even have a safari park. You get the fun of being the Owner of a Palace. But the fun is not unlimited. What you can’t do is knock half of Blenheim down to build a skyscraper hotel, or transport it brick by brick to Shanghai.

You can’t do that because it’s Grade 1 Listed and it is has serious protection from the state, as an historic treasure and a cultural adornment, beautifying the nation

The great football clubs of Britain are just as important, socially, culturally, historically, as stately homes. Perhaps more so. The government should create some form of Grade 1 listing for these vital assets. Yes they can be bought and sold, and yes you can make a profit. But no, they are not “franchises”

List them. Tell the owners to get stuffed

The problem in Britain is that most of the horse bolted long ago. The selling-off of national, strategic and cultural assets has been actively celebrated as part of a healthy market process since the early 1980s, even more so than in the United States, and even now the Johnson administration refuses to intervene in other areas to prevent its continuance.
    Jesus. Gift horse, mouth, or what

You've got me, a rightwing capitalist sort, saying some things are much more important than money, and agreeing that private ownership, while crucial to society, does not give you limitless rights in business, just as it doesn't in property. Especially when the business is a cultural and social asset to the nation, which is the case with a major football club in England, and the English Premier League and pyramid system, and English football overall

Take what I'm offering. You might never make a Marxist of me, but I am ceding ground, happily.

Yes but these clubs are still staying in the Premiership as far as I can see, they are just joining a new European Super League as well, nobody is proposing they do not play other English sides still
    FFS how difficult is this. The Superleague destroys the Premiership. And it's shit because it's a closed shop. End of
    Does it? Only if these clubs leave it I would suggest and none of them are ever in danger of being relegated from it anyway
    Of course it does. They would play their reserves in the PL whilst their main team are playing midweek in Shanghai, Abu Dhabi, Sydney or Los Angeles.
    Then that would mean that currently lower tier teams dominate the PL and good for them.

I have not heard a sound reason for this being a bad idea apart from that bloke from UEFA. And, well, he would say that, wouldn't he.
    A PL which was diminished, has less money in it, and no prospect of european football for the main clubs...great.
    Why no prospect of European football? There would still be the Champions League etc? That's the whole point.
    Please...A Champions League without the top 20 clubs in Europe?
    The cash for it would be demicated.
    It would be seen as even worse than the Europa League, and be more trouble than it's worth.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited April 2021
    The thing I don't understand with ESL is why they went with the Closed Shop. That is what has screwed the PR entirely.

The potential gain of grasping control of the Champions League away from UEFA is massive. Worth far, far more than perpetually being qualifiers automatically of a competition they would almost never not qualify to anyway..

If they'd launched this with the intention that the top 6 qualify (whoever that top 6 may be) then the big 6 clubs would be in a much stronger position with the fans and winning a lot from UEFA.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347
    eek said:

MaxPB said:

Outside of football - Employment data for Feb looks surprisingly strong, I think the monthly GDP estimate may get an upwards revision. It matches up with a lot of anecdata I have from friends and family finding jobs in Feb and March after long periods of being unable to move jobs. I'm not sure that the predictions of doom for employment will be accurate, again anecdata but I've seen three or four "help wanted" signs up at pubs, bars and restaurants in London over the last week. Retail is where the majority of job losses will be felt, however, I think this is an acceleration of an already existing trend rather than anything that has happened because of the virus.

Just to repeat what I have been saying for the months the employment situation in the Construction Industry is extraordinary. We have lost 40% of staff on the last 2 months, all been offered huge pay increaees, today another 2 have resigned. To replace them we are having to offer a 20-30% increase on what we were paying last year and even with that we are struggling massively to replace staff.
    My usual argument is that you should always pay staff what they are worth but it's very hard to do that when wages fluctuate so much
    In this industry wages are kinda set by the JIB which reflects the national economic situation, you may pay slightly more or less but basically electricians outside London are normally paid with 5% of the JIB figure. The going rate now is at least 30% higher than the JIB figure. Electricians are now earning £230 per day compared to £165 per day 18 months ago and the figure keeps going up.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    ESPN are reporting that the Champions League Semi-Finals will go ahead as planned next week
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

I've been saying similar things since 2016. The argument that Brexit made independence more likely was always nonsense. Scotland needs to be a part of the UK single market. It is absolutely essential to its future prosperity. That makes the aspiration of returning to the EU highly problematic. The NI border and protocol show how problematic this would be but the scale of the problem is vastly greater between Scotland and rUK where the volume of trade is much greater as is the range of goods.

So, in reality Nationalists have a dilemma. They might proceed on the basis that we remain in the SM with rUK in which case one begins to wonder the point since rUK will determine our currency, our interest rates, will have a veto on borrowing plans (if we want the BoE to remain as a lender of last resort) and our trade policy. Frankly, the current Scottish government has more room for maneuver than Scotland would have under that scenario and the real problem is that it is not in our gift. We would have to ask for it and there is no guarantee that rUK would say yes. If I was TSE I would be suggesting that this is have the divorce, get freedom but still have regular sex with the ex. Possible in theory, somewhat unlikely in practice.

The alternative would be to try for greater independence with, for example, our own currency possibly tied to the Euro and seek EU membership. That would mean we accept that there will be trade friction between us and rUK. Once again, however, so much would be out of our control because the EU would decide our trade relationship with rUK, our interest rates, our borrowing, much of our legislative framework and of course our trade policy internationally.

But the last option would be fine because it's not England. I think you have fundamentally misunderstood the appeal. With the polarisation of politics it doesn't just matter what your opinion is but who you are.

In this case Boris / English bad, Nicola / EU good. If I were a political journalist I would be quoting back random quotes to supporters and saying either Boris or Nicola said this what do you think? They wouldn't have a clue because almost all politicians are devoid of opinion and backbone. At least Corbyn was consistent in blaming Israel for everything!
    The last option would be economically damaging for Scotland but you are right that rationality does not come into this. The argument that Scotland would be better off or even as well off on its own is much weaker in 2021 than it was in 2014 (and it was pretty laughable then). Scotland would be voting for higher taxes, lower levels of public services and quite severe austerity for a prolonged period.

We would survive, of course, but the price would be very high. If our identity is so important that we are willing to pay that price so be it but the present lies about this being some cost free option are contemptible.
    David we get all that crap and more just to suit south of England. We cannot possibly be worse off on our own, we are the bottom of teh pile as it is , the only way is up and that will never happen as long as we are a colony of England.
    My children are paying £10 per a prescription, £20+ for a dental checkup and £9250 for university.

Sorry but the Scots have it way better.

Oh and if you want independence - demand a poll across the whole country. I suspect the English will vote for Scottish Independence as you realise the consequences and vote to remain within the UK.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

The interesting point will be whether Bayern and PSG relent and join, fearful of being left behind

If this happens I think it becomes unstoppable sadly

When the breakaway teams sign their best players, probably.
  • Options

The interesting point will be whether Bayern and PSG relent and join, fearful of being left behind

Bayern can't - 50 +1 club structure. PSG don't need to but must be tempted

But, if the English contingent crumble, it just won't happen
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,298
    tlg86 said:

Got to think there’s a chance of serious trouble on the Fulham Road this evening.

Wyndhams out of Gloucester Old Spot sausages?

Whatever else could you be talking about?
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    edited April 2021

The thing I don't understand with ESL is why they went with the Closed Shop. That is what has screwed the PR entirely.

The potential gain of grasping control of the Champions League away from UEFA is massive. Worth far, far more than perpetually being qualifiers automatically of a competition they would almost never not qualify to anyway..

If they'd launched this with the intention that the top 6 qualify (whoever that top 6 may be) then the big 6 clubs would be in a much stronger position with the fans and winning a lot from UEFA.

Yup. Generate a fair model that just kills FIFA AND UEFA and I would be all for it. Replace the euros and the World Cup at the same time, and make the timetables work better for domestic leagues, and id be delighted.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995

On topic, the desultory engagement of a couple of Scotch experts while everyone else is fulminating over the Fitba is surely a sign o’ the times. Everything that can be said has been said, all the weary tropes have been exhausted, the people irrelevant to the process remain irrelevant and still no one is capable of making a positive case for the Union (or not without reflexive and associated threats anyway). That the most interesting thing about a national election is what effect one indy supporting party will have upon another indy supporting party says it all. Outside a few (a very few) living rooms and lodge halls, Unionism is dead as an ideology and a growing and evolving political force.

Nice to see that ‘don yer tin hats & beware frothing Nats’ followed by striking absence of same is still a fine old PB meme though.

What a load of rubbish, around 50% of Scots still back the Union in most polls and around 50% of Scots will vote for Unionist parties in May, that will be the case even if the SNP win a majority and hold a referendum Boris will ignore the result of and Unionists will boycott.

• Options

MaxPB said:

Outside of football - Employment data for Feb looks surprisingly strong, I think the monthly GDP estimate may get an upwards revision. It matches up with a lot of anecdata I have from friends and family finding jobs in Feb and March after long periods of being unable to move jobs. I'm not sure that the predictions of doom for employment will be accurate, again anecdata but I've seen three or four "help wanted" signs up at pubs, bars and restaurants in London over the last week. Retail is where the majority of job losses will be felt, however, I think this is an acceleration of an already existing trend rather than anything that has happened because of the virus.

Just to repeat what I have been saying for the months the employment situation in the Construction Industry is extraordinary. We have lost 40% of staff on the last 2 months, all been offered huge pay increaees, today another 2 have resigned. To replace them we are having to offer a 20-30% increase on what we were paying last year and even with that we are struggling massively to replace staff.
    Why? EU citizens leaving?
  • Options

PSG won't join until 2023, and Bayern won't be able to get the votes until it becomes clear that the ESL is unstoppable. In the end I think that we'll end up with an EU super league, and the EPL, with no overlap in teams, and then a CL between them
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,983
    Your regular Anabobazina Official Bulletin (AOB) that the Super League ain't happening.

(N.B. This bulletin is identical to every AOB released since Sunday evening)
  • Options

NFL model, innit?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    eek said:

"Johnson (has) described some of the aspects of the Northern Ireland protocol, which governs post-Brexit trading arrangements between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, as “absurd”. And he restated his threat to invoke article 16 - which would allow parts of the protocol to be suspended - if the EU did not agree to make changes."

It's almost, perish the thought, that when he signed the protocol he didn't realise what he was doing!

Or he knew what he was doing but hoping that the EU wouldn't implement it to the letter...
    After the torrent af abuse that he'd unleashed on the EU, why should he expect them to do him any favours?
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347
    Leon said:

Cookie said:

Leon said:

utdreport
    @utdreport
    ·
    2m

Chelsea and Manchester City have the distinction here that a) they'll (definitely in City's case and quite possibly in Chelsea's case) qualify for the next year's Champion's League anyway, and still retain an interest in the closing stages of this year's Champion's League; and b) aren't solely a money-making venture for American owners.

Arsenal are the most firmly committed to this, I reckon, probably followed by Liverpool.

Yes, apparently Liverpool are dead keen

However, Liverpool is the club that likes to think itself as the soul of football, the ultimate home team, Shankly, the Kop, Hillsborough. They are more susceptible to fan pressure than any of the others
    Some fans are massively committed and can take the law into their own hands. If I were the chairman of one of these clubs I would definitely be increasing my security. Jamie Carragher alluded to this last night on Sky saying the previous owners were run out of town by the fans and the same would happen to this lot.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,965

Because the closed shop is the main point for the non-Spanish teams.
    How many of these 6 will finish top six this year?
    Three or four is your answer.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

But the point here is that this season and last season Arsenal wont'/didn't make it into the top 6, Liverpool and Spurs have finished outside of the top six previously as well and then you get to international fairness, why does the EPL get top six but Italy and Spain only get top 3, Germany top 2 and France only top 2 etc...

I think the current Champions League formula is really good and I think that's party why there's been a big backlash too. It's making four competitive leagues and competitions into 4 uncompetitive leagues.
  • Options
    Boris going for it. He can see the open goal. He shoots....

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m
    New: Boris Johnson threatens breakaway clubs with new laws to block Super League

He’s told the FA and Premier League no action is off the table and the govt is exploring every possibility, including legislative options, to ensure the proposals are stopped
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,059
    Richard Dawkins has been cancelled by the American Humanist Association for not having the correct views on gender and race.

"@americnhumanist
    Today the American Humanist Association Board voted to withdraw, effective immediately, the 1996 Humanist of the Year award it bestowed on Richard Dawkins."

https://americanhumanist.org/news/american-humanist-association-board-statement-withdrawing-honor-from-richard-dawkins/
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,942
    kinabalu said:

Andy_JS said:

"Sam Coates Sky
    @SamCoatesSky
    Defence minister Johnny Mercer likely to (try to) resign shortly I understand. He is understood to have indicated such to colleagues.

BUT he is not thought to have seen the PM yet to tell him. So watch this space"

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1384456631656730626

One of my most unfavourite politicians. Sense a tremendous vanity drives all that he does and says.
    I get exactly the opposite impression., He is one of the very few politicians who seems to understand the concept of politics as public service. I wish he were my MP and if he were I might even be tempted to vote Tory.
  • Options

NFL model, innit?
    Yes but its just not cricket football.

Someone involved in the project should have known the importance of the pyramid.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    Carnyx said:

On topic, the desultory engagement of a couple of Scotch experts while everyone else is fulminating over the Fitba is surely a sign o’ the times. Everything that can be said has been said, all the weary tropes have been exhausted, the people irrelevant to the process remain irrelevant and still no one is capable of making a positive case for the Union (or not without reflexive and associated threats anyway). That the most interesting thing about a national election is what effect one indy supporting party will have upon another indy supporting party says it all. Outside a few (a very few) living rooms and lodge halls, Unionism is dead as an ideology and a growing and evolving political force.

Nice to see that ‘don yer tin hats & beware frothing Nats’ followed by striking absence of same is still a fine old PB meme though.

Me, frothing? Perish the thought.

But it is also very interesting outside PB (and with a few honourable instances within PB, who aren't even Scots so far as I know, though one is now a new Scot) that it's the Unionist commentators now who are saying that saying No to Indyref 2 is just not on. The political conversation is now turning to how to do 1978-type wrecking amendments (i.e. gerrymandering, getting the dead to vote No, etc.). Which also says a lot about Unionism's faith in itself.
    The betting is saying that Sindy2 in 22 is becoming significantly more likely.

Trading in the 3s now not the 5s as it had been.
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,735

Yup. Generate a fair model that just kills FIFA AND UEFA and I would be all for it. Replace the euros and the World Cup at the same time, and make the timetables work better for domestic leagues, and id be delighted.
    The timetable should be really simple to sort out. International teams get the players from June-mid July every year. No other time, no interruptions to the season.
  • Options

That will be far too late

The 12 clubs need 3 more and it is rumoured Napoli want to join

Their decision will need to take place, if they want to, very quickly otherwise they will be out of the founding 15 clubs
  • Options

Floater said:

Son now tells me the police in his area are enforcing a curfew on pubs - Do they not need legislation for that?

I would have thought sensible behaviour by drinkers should be enough.. and the landlord closing up on time ie 11pm irrespective if drinking laws.
    Far from certain that 11pm is the closing time. The 11pm mandate for closing time was abolished 15 years ago, under Tony Blair.

As for curfews, there are no curfews under the new covid rules and it's not clear the local busies have any power to impose their own.

Is it Derbyshire Police per chance?
  • Options
    I think Johnson's reaction to the football thing will look naive in a few days time.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Richard Dawkins has been cancelled by the American Humanist Association for not having the correct views on gender and race.

"@americnhumanist
    Today the American Humanist Association Board voted to withdraw, effective immediately, the 1996 Humanist of the Year award it bestowed on Richard Dawkins."

https://americanhumanist.org/news/american-humanist-association-board-statement-withdrawing-honor-from-richard-dawkins/

Impressive. I never realised humanism encompassed time-travel.
  • Options

Floater said:

Son now tells me the police in his area are enforcing a curfew on pubs - Do they not need legislation for that?

I would have thought sensible behaviour by drinkers should be enough.. and the landlord closing up on time ie 11pm irrespective if drinking laws.
    Problem is those Starmer types who won't leave when the landlord tells them..... 😉
  • Options
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

There are rumours of clubs having 2nd thoughts. Specifically Chelsea and City.

When did you last go to a game, Leon?
    10 years ago? Maybe more

What the F does it matter. I was a passionate - and I mean PASSIONATE fan as a kid - I would attend reserve matches of my local club - reserves! in the 4th division! - and I adored LEEDS as my big club. Travelled by train age 14 to see them at Anfield, what a day!

I was mad on club football into my 20s, then became a more detached fan, focusing more on the premiership football I like - on TV - and to this day I always watch as much euro and World Cup as I can. And UCL, I love a good competitive UCL game, the drama and energy. The mediocrity of the England national team has been a constant source of sincere pain to me, and it still is

My little home team was promoted three times and relegated the same - 3 times - in my youth. I know the pain and anguish, the joy and exhilaration. Promotion and relegation are VITAL to English football. So I can see the horror of the ESL for what it is

Yes yes, jumpers for goalposts, but all this is true. I grew up with footie and it is in my DNA even if I haven't been to an EPL game since 2000 and whatever
    So you have enjoyed football at all levels.

Can you summarise for me succintly (big ask, I know) what your objection to this is. What is it going to do to the game you say you love.
    You don't understand football, otherwise you would know instinctively. There's no point

But I'll have one more heave: closed shop. No relegation. Hideous. If you don't grasp this intuitively you do not comprehend football and I suggest you stop talking about it
    "No relegation".

The domestic leagues will continue with relegation and promotion, etc. What's so bad about Liverpool also playing Real Madrid on a Wednesday evening.

You have literally no idea what you are talking about.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,610
    edited April 2021
    "PA Media
    #Breaking The military in Chad says President Idriss Deby Itno has been killed after 30 years in power"

https://twitter.com/PA/status/1384464863213232128
  • Options

"@americnhumanist

Impossible, there's no culture war.
  • Options

That will be far too late

The 12 clubs need 3 more and it is rumoured Napoli want to join

Their decision will need to take place, if they want to, very quickly otherwise they will be out of the founding 15 clubs
    Behind the scenes, I reckon the phone to the 12 is ringing off the hook. Please take us.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

What the F does it matter. I was a passionate - and I mean PASSIONATE fan as a kid - I would attend reserve matches of my local club - reserves! in the 4th division! - and I adored LEEDS as my big club. Travelled by train age 14 to see them at Anfield, what a day!

I was mad on club football into my 20s, then became a more detached fan, focusing more on the premiership football I like - on TV - and to this day I always watch as much euro and World Cup as I can. And UCL, I love a good competitive UCL game, the drama and energy. The mediocrity of the England national team has been a constant source of sincere pain to me, and it still is

My little home team was promoted three times and relegated the same - 3 times - in my youth. I know the pain and anguish, the joy and exhilaration. Promotion and relegation are VITAL to English football. So I can see the horror of the ESL for what it is

Yes yes, jumpers for goalposts, but all this is true. I grew up with footie and it is in my DNA even if I haven't been to an EPL game since 2000 and whatever

Can you summarise for me succintly (big ask, I know) what your objection to this is. What is it going to do to the game you say you love.
    You don't understand football, otherwise you would know instinctively. There's no point

But I'll have one more heave: closed shop. No relegation. Hideous. If you don't grasp this intuitively you do not comprehend football and I suggest you stop talking about it
    "No relegation".

The domestic leagues will continue with relegation and promotion, etc. What's so bad about Liverpool also playing Real Madrid on a Wednesday evening.

FFS you minge-head there's no relegation for the "founding fathers"

So just shut your damn mouth now
  • Options
    Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m
    New: Boris Johnson threatens breakaway clubs with new laws to block Super League

He’s told the FA and Premier League no action is off the table and the govt is exploring every possibility, including legislative options, to ensure the proposals are stopped

In a few days, this will look seriously, seriously stupid.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

It's inherently unfair to simultaneously say claim you are better than all other clubs so deserve your extra competition to earn bigger bucks despite no one else wanting it, and yet also claim that even if other clubs are better than you they still don't get to participate in your competition to get those bigger bucks, as you get to be in it regardless. ie - they want more money, but don't want to risk that they cannot earn the money.

Remove the unfairness and far fewer people would care. Sport is a business, but it is not just a business. We don't mind a lot of dodgy stuff going on in our sport, but a contest should still be an actual contest. Some being more important than others will always be reality, but making that a law of the competition just takes the piss.

It'd be glorified friendlies.
    Not at all. It would be the ESL and the punters would determine whether it was successful or not. You may not be a fan of the format but it is a similar format to the PL. Top tier of elite clubs and then (what sounds like) some other clubs rotating in - how I have no idea.

And friendlies? Not at all. Just like any other competition (eg the FA Cup) it is about being the winner.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,995
    edited April 2021
    kinabalu said:

Carnyx said:

But it is also very interesting outside PB (and with a few honourable instances within PB, who aren't even Scots so far as I know, though one is now a new Scot) that it's the Unionist commentators now who are saying that saying No to Indyref 2 is just not on. The political conversation is now turning to how to do 1978-type wrecking amendments (i.e. gerrymandering, getting the dead to vote No, etc.). Which also says a lot about Unionism's faith in itself.

It isn't, there will never be an authorised indyref2 as long as we continue to have a Tory majority government in the UK.

As yesterday's Mori poll confirmed only a PM Starmer will allow an indyref2, with over 60% of Tory voters backing Boris' position and opposing allowing an indyref2 even if the SNP win a Holyrood majority even if a majority of Labour and LD voters backed allowing an indyref2 in such circumstances.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Its not the main point really. The potential winnings from taking control away from UEFA is an increase in revenues 4-5 fold at least per year. With 6 spots not 4. And they'd all fit into the 6 almost every year anyway.

Better to take what you can get, and if you don't get 6 so be it, than to let UEFA continue like nothing is wrong with UEFA.
  • Options

I think Johnson's reaction to the football thing will look naive in a few days time.

Of course we all know how accurate your "take" usually is.
    :D
  • Options
    Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Restraint of Trade?
  • Options

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Do you think that the football following public (among who this idea is as popular as Labrador genocide) are going to have a damascene conversion?
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,534

Interesting but not amazing. My reading FWIW is this: Because the DUP (and others) wouldn't go with TM's deal there was no deal in existence that both could get through the commons and not breach a red line.

Boris's top concern was to get a deal. He did, knowing that afterwards the facts would require a rethink, knowing but denying that in practice the deal breached the unity of the UK. There are few votes in this matter in E,W and S.

Since no-one ever knew what the DUP wanted or want - this remains a secret to this day - there was no point in trying to please them. It couldn't and can't be done.

I am not sure that anyone has proposed what he should have done instead. I was for 'Norway for Now' but the commons was against it. And everything else.

What should Boris have done?

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    dixiedean said:

They want a guaranteed revenue stream.
  • Options

Could be an SKS taking the knee moment. Not politics-changing but a bit you what?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    edit
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

"@americnhumanist

What none of these stories details what Professor Dawkins has done to "deserve" this censure. Does anyone know? Can they cite examples?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

It's inherently unfair to simultaneously say claim you are better than all other clubs so deserve your extra competition to earn bigger bucks despite no one else wanting it, and yet also claim that even if other clubs are better than you they still don't get to participate in your competition to get those bigger bucks, as you get to be in it regardless. ie - they want more money, but don't want to risk that they cannot earn the money.

Remove the unfairness and far fewer people would care. Sport is a business, but it is not just a business. We don't mind a lot of dodgy stuff going on in our sport, but a contest should still be an actual contest. Some being more important than others will always be reality, but making that a law of the competition just takes the piss.

Not at all. It would be the ESL and the punters would determine whether it was successful or not. You may not be a fan of the format but it is a similar format to the PL. Top tier of elite clubs and then (what sounds like) some other clubs rotating in - how I have no idea.

And friendlies? Not at all. Just like any other competition (eg the FA Cup) it is about being the winner.
    Please. Stop. For your own sake
  • Options

Of course we all know how accurate your "take" usually is.
    I'm shocked that Mr restrictions need to end now, but I'm not taking any vaccine would take this view.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    algarkirk said:

Interesting but not amazing. My reading FWIW is this: Because the DUP (and others) wouldn't go with TM's deal there was no deal in existence that both could get through the commons and not breach a red line.

Boris's top concern was to get a deal. He did, knowing that afterwards the facts would require a rethink, knowing but denying that in practice the deal breached the unity of the UK. There are few votes in this matter in E,W and S.

Since no-one ever knew what the DUP wanted or want - this remains a secret to this day - there was no point in trying to please them. It couldn't and can't be done.

I am not sure that anyone has proposed what he should have done instead. I was for 'Norway for Now' but the commons was against it. And everything else.

What should Boris have done?

you make the assumption that the DUP know what they want - I don't think they are bright enough to know what they want or needed to do.
  • Options

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Restraint of Trade?
    80 seat majority.
  • Options

Ah, but sounds like he's one of the lads.

Dunnit?????
  • Options

dixiedean said:

They want a guaranteed revenue stream.
    They don't want some mug like Steve Bruce to come along and accidentally restrict their revenue stream by having the gall to win a football match against them.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Restraint of Trade?
    80 seat majority.
    180 seat majority if Boris manages to scupper this

Go Bozza!!
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,081

Translation: my cognitive dissonance skills are supreme, and I will dismiss any awkward questions to the contrary.

One lesson I learned from 2014 was to rigorously separate pricking diddies without votes on the internet from trying to influence & persuade people with votes; one's a diversion, the other's important.
  • Options
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

LOL. "you mong". I see you are harking back to your jumpers for goalposts time as a lad watching Aston Rovers in 1906 with your father.

So what if there is no relegation for the "founding fathers"? What does that even mean? Each year those teams will compete to win the league (if it's not a knockout competition). Who cares that there is no relegation? You get to see those teams play to see who's the best.
  • Options

NFL model, innit?

Someone involved in the project should have known the importance of the pyramid.
    The NFL regularly has a franchise up sticks from one city and decamp in another. The owners of our 6 have no comprehension of the tribal loyalties that underpin football. Wimbledon getting bought and moved to Milton Keynes should have rung alarm bells. The plucky AFC Wimbledon formed and fought their way up umpteen leagues - and in doing so, became most everyone's favourite second team.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Restraint of Trade?
    80 seat majority.
    80 seat majority with an opposition pathologically incapable of opposing, and terrified of further pissing off their football following base.
  • Options
    Breaking

Following Boris meeting with football organisations this morning no 10 issued the following statement

The Prime Minister confirmed the government will not stand by while a small handful of owners create a closed shop.

He was clear that no action is off the table and the government is exploring every possibility, including legislative options, to ensure these proposals are stopped
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Restraint of Trade?
    80 seat majority.
    Even if the majority was negative I suspect this vote would unite Parliament.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

LOL. "you mong". I see you are harking back to your jumpers for goalposts time as a lad watching Aston Rovers in 1906 with your father.

So what if there is no relegation for the "founding fathers"? What does that even mean? Each year those teams will compete to win the league (if it's not a knockout competition). Who cares that there is no relegation? You get to see those teams play to see who's the best.
    It locks the "big 6" into a higher revenue stream, not based upon performance or sporting success, for perpetuity.

It's the complete antithesis of what English football is about.

20 years ago Newcastle United were higher in the "money league" than Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City, etc. No club has a right to cement that position outside of sporting success.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

Not at all, any "elite club" can be relegated from the Premier League if they perform badly. And club can be promoted to it if they perform well.

Had this been launched in 2001 then Leeds may have been claimed as a "Big 6" and Man City weren't even playing in the Premier League. Two year later Leeds were relegated and City were back.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Carnyx said:

It isn't, there will never be an authorised indyref2 as long as we continue to have a Tory majority government in the UK.

As yesterday's Mori poll confirmed only a PM Starmer will allow an indyref2, with over 60% of Tory voters backing Boris' position and opposing allowing an indyref2 even if the SNP win a Holyrood majority even if a majority of Labour and LD voters backed allowing an indyref2 in such circumstances.
    You are a broken record
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

Be honest, you've never watched a football match in your life, have you? Not in the flesh?

You've never been to a league ground, paid money, and watched a game.

Anyone who has, instinctively gets the problem here, which is why 99% of people who watch football understand and hate the ESL idea. It's very telling that you don't
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Do you think that the football following public (among who this idea is as popular as Labrador genocide) are going to have a damascene conversion?
    Do you think the average fan of a lower league club gives a monkeys what happens to a bunch of winghing mancs and scousers and their club?

These people are dinosaurs. Soon to be extinct. The growth for these clubs is all overseas. Not Liverpool.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

Mate why did you decide that "minge-head" was more appropriate than "mong" and edit your post accordingly?

• Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

Mate why did you decide that "minge-head" was more appropriate than "mong" and edit your post accordingly?

"Mate"??

lol
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046
    Just had a text message 'you or someone you care for are due to have a covid vaccination......' no mention of my name or address on the message. I assume it is genuine but I'm only 38 and no priority.
  • Options

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Do you think the average fan of a lower league club gives a monkeys what happens to a bunch of winghing mancs and scousers and their club?

These people are dinosaurs. Soon to be extinct. The growth for these clubs is all overseas. Not Liverpool.

Yep - so they can upsticks to Dubai and start afresh..
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

It locks the "big 6" into a higher revenue stream, not based upon performance or sporting success, for perpetuity.

20 years ago Newcastle United were higher in the "money league" than Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City, etc. No club has a right to cement that position outside of sporting success.
    Huh? What on earth are you talking about? Was competition law part of your (brilliantly-passed) legal training?

They can do whatever they want.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

As a fan of a lower league club, I don't really care what happens to the greedy six, providing that they don't join a ringfenced ESL while remaining part of the EPL.

However the identities of the 6 belong to their communities, so if they do try and join the ESL, the Govt should do all they can to ensure that the communities retain the IP of the big 6, rather than allow them to be stolen away.

I an ideal world the greedy 6 go off to Dubai/Asia/America and start their globetrotting league, and leave the rest of us in peace, with phoenix clubs allowed to rejoin the non-league structure.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2021

NFL model, innit?

The NFL regularly has a franchise up sticks from one city and decamp in another. The owners of our 6 have no comprehension of the tribal loyalties that underpin football. Wimbledon getting bought and moved to Milton Keynes should have rung alarm bells. The plucky AFC Wimbledon formed and fought their way up umpteen leagues - and in doing so, became most everyone's favourite second team.
    But MK Dons is still a commercial success and richer than AFC Wimbledon...they have more season tickets holders than even when Wimbledon were in the EPL, modern stadium, diversified income from events, hotel, retail....

On the pitch MK Dons might only be in League one, but they are financially much better position. For all the screeching, 10,000 people turn up for homes games at MK Dons in League One.
  • Options

NFL model, innit?

MK Dons was before the current owners arrived in this country. They simply don't understand the issue.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

Huh? What on earth are you talking about? Was competition law part of your (brilliantly-passed) legal training?

I'm not talking about the law here. I'm talking about the morals of the proposed system.

Besides, the law can be changed, if appropriate.
  • Options
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

Be honest, you've never watched a football match in your life, have you? Not in the flesh?

Anyone who has, instinctively gets the problem here, which is why 99% of people who watch football understand and hate the ESL idea. It's very telling that you don't
    Please explain exactly what is the problem with the ESL. Try not to use the phrase "no relegation" in your answer.

Please use both sides of the page (actually, please don't).
  • Options
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

That is manifest bullsh8t for start. The snap poll said 68% of fans were strongly against. What shocked me was how low a number that was given all the wailing for the Gary Neville's of this world.

The breakaway clubs haven;t even started their PR campaign for hearts and minds yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"Mate"??

lol
    Answer the question. Sunshine.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

Please explain exactly what is the problem with the ESL. Try not to use the phrase "no relegation" in your answer.

I've explained the problem with the ESL.
  • Options

Breaking

Following Boris meeting with football organisations this morning no 10 issued the following statement

The Prime Minister confirmed the government will not stand by while a small handful of owners create a closed shop.

He was clear that no action is off the table and the government is exploring every possibility, including legislative options, to ensure these proposals are stopped

Have the Satanic Six really wargamed the possibility of a UK government doing all it can to stop them?

I doubt it. They would have expected a brutal backlash from fans, UEFA and many journalists. But that, I reckon, is about it

They surely did not expect all of European media, all of European social media, multiple cultural figures, every commentator alive, and the UK, Spanish and French governments up to Prime Minister Boris Johnson and President Macron, to come after them

And One Direction. And Prince William
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    TOPPING said:

kle4 said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

But they may not always be elite clubs is the point, yet cannot be rotated out no matter what happens. That is distinct. Making a top tier permanent - and a look at league winners over decades show that change can be slow, but does happen. It's just plain wrong to entrench their own positions even if they played like crap forevermore.

I get people are overreacting a bit, but some of the pushback is also ridiculous, suggesting it is no different, or that how dare other organisations or governments act. Whether that is wise or not is perfectly acceptable for others to provide consequences to the move. The clubs can make their choice, and others can choose to make that choice more impactful.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

But that is the problem. You're dismissing a huge issue with the way it is structured.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,187
    HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Carnyx said:

Well it's a good lay then - if your take is right - because it has shortened a lot.

I have no financial interest as we speak. It's one I'm doing a 'deep think' on and haven't yet concluded.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

Chameleon said:

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

As a fan of a lower league club, I don't really care what happens to the greedy six, providing that they don't join a ringfenced ESL while remaining part of the EPL.

However the identities of the 6 belong to their communities, so if they do try and join the ESL, the Govt should do all they can to ensure that the communities retain the IP of the big 6, rather than allow them to be stolen away.

I an ideal world the greedy 6 go off to Dubai/Asia/America and start their globetrotting league, and leave the rest of us in peace, with phoenix clubs allowed to rejoin the non-league structure.
    What is the issue of them remaining in the EPL? More money?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

Qualification for a competition should have been earned on the field.

Relegation is the wrong phrase since this is more of a Cup than a League. West Ham ranking higher than Liverpool if that's how the table ends means West Ham deserve the Cup next season more than Liverpool do. And I say that as a Liverpool fan, when we get it, I want us to have earned it.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744

MaxPB said:

"@americnhumanist

What none of these stories details what Professor Dawkins has done to "deserve" this censure. Does anyone know? Can they cite examples?
    A common problem with such stories. Sometimes it can be justified but you have no way of knowing from the reporting.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

As can a Government that likes populist policies and has a 80+ seat majority.

It won't take much to kill this off and it does wonders for the British Isle 2032 World Cup campaign.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,445

Leon said:

Alex Wickham
    @alexwickham
    ·
    3m

Well it looks stupid to me now.
    But that's because I can distinguish between 'this is a bad thing' and 'this should be illegal'.

I want it to fail on its own merits, not because we are thinking up laws on the hoof to prevent it happening.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

Relegation is the wrong phrase since this is more of a Cup than a League. West Ham ranking higher than Liverpool if that's how the table ends means West Ham deserve the Cup next season more than Liverpool do. And I say that as a Liverpool fan, when we get it, I want us to have earned it.
    But there will still be the CL for those that don't go.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Breaking

Have the Satanic Six really wargamed the possibility of a UK government doing all it can to stop them?

I doubt it. They would have expected a brutal backlash from fans, UEFA and many journalists. But that, I reckon, is about it

They surely did not expect all of European media, all of European social media, multiple cultural figures, every commentator alive, and the UK, Spanish and French governments up to Prime Minister Boris Johnson and President Macron, to come after them

And One Direction. And Prince William
    The Pope still keeping his counsel?
  • Options
    Come on...... the first brick to fall......

The Times
    @thetimes
    ·
    2m
    Although Super League insiders insist that all 12 are committed to the project, The Times understands that at least one English club is having emergency internal discussions on the best way forward, with some of the executives deeply concerned about alienating their fans.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

But that is the problem. You're dismissing a huge issue with the way it is structured.
    Ah, a voice of sanity.

What is the huge issue?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    edited April 2021
    King Cole, verily, the PM is a moron.

He's also signed up for some more carbon bullshit for no apparent reason.

Edited extra bit: even if you're seriously worried about global warming, the UK committing economic self-harm over accelerating an arbitrary timetable is cretinous unless others, notably China and India, do likewise.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

kinabalu said:

Carnyx said:

You are a broken record
    He is also wholly off-message. The ScotsCon field signs up here implore people to vote Tory "and stop Indyref2". The Tories know that a majority for independence means a new referendum. Perhaps the Essicks Massiv aint't been sent the memo innit.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

You've never been to a match. You've never watched a game. You have no idea whereof you speak. Your contributions are therefore worthless, on this issue, so just desist. Ta
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,942

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

TOPPING said:

Leon said:

10 years ago? Maybe more

"No relegation".

And as a West Ham fan I have to say I get just as much thrill and interest in the game from the Hammers fighting (and sometimes losing) a relegation battle as I do from them fighting for a CL place. Obviously the latter is ore pleasant but it becomes kind of meaningless if the other extreme is not available.

I am a West Ham as a result of growing up in a family filled with West Ham fans (except my Mum who is a Mill Wall fan) . But I think I have retained my support for the club precisely because it has, at times, been such a roller coaster ride.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited April 2021
    Simon Jordon made a good point this morning....all the talk of tv rights, who will buy them...this might be the kick up the arse for the Netflix-ifaction of football.

We know Mouse TV own Bamtech and they are happy to offer their best in class sports streaming tech to anybody who will give them a %. Cutting out all the middlemen, the clubs could get to earn even more revnue from having the Football-Flix.

One channel, all the major leagues. No need for £100 a month for Sky, BT Sports and Amazon.
This discussion has been closed.