Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Labour’s Hiraeth – politicalbetting.com

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,965
    Nigelb said:

For @Morris_Dancer , an illustration of what is meant by weather, as opposed to climate.
    https://twitter.com/ScottDuncanWX/status/1378617128643932160

It's utter hyperbole though.
    Temps this week will be in the normal range for early April, mostly.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,105
    Nigelb said:
    More interesting is flu and pneumonia didn't drop in the US. It has crashed in many other countries.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,917

Nigelb said:
    More interesting is flu and pneumonia didn't drop in the US. It has crashed in many other countries.
    Very difficult to transmit the flu if people are distancing appropriately for Covid.
  • Options
    BournvilleBournville Posts: 303
    [preface: I'm instinctively against vaccine ID cards, I think they're worryingly authoritarian and pose a massive risk for personal liberties]

I suspect the reason why the Government is pushing for these ID cards is that they're worried about Covid-19 becoming endemic in less economically developed countries through 2021-23, giving it ample opportunity to mutate and one or more of the mutations being resistant to our current vaccines. If this happens, ID cards won't stop it, but they will make it easier to track who has been vaccinated against what. I also suspect the infrastructure behind the ID card scheme will be built to be extended to other businesses as the Government sees fit - so if some new current vaccine-resistant variant emerges and becomes a real problem in the UK, businesses like pubs and restaurants will be allowed to stay open, but only for people who have been given whatever new vaccine is developed to fight the resistant variant.
This discussion has been closed.