Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

In spite of the latest EU dealings those who think Brexit was wrong still have clear 8% lead with Yo

Comments

• MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,018
    Andy_JS said:
    And it's a big win too. Is it just the first, or the first and last?
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,564

kle4 said:

Weren't some PBers in favour of export bans of AZ earlier in the week because we needed it first.

But a Pfizer export ban for exactly the same reason by the EU is tantamount to WWIII

Even if someone on here did, are you actually suggesting that random yahoos mouthing off on a forum has equivalence with the might of the EU Commission deciding to actually do so?

Seriously, I don't even know what point you are trying to make.
    That some posters are hypocrites

In favour of Vaccine Nationalism when it benefits "us"

Against vaccine Nationalism when it favours "them"

IMO Vaccine Nationalism is bad no ifs no buts
    Except as has been pointed out there is not equivalence between what is going on in terms of contract provision and the response to both sides facing supply issues.

You're presenting both viewpoints as equally at fault.

And even if some people are being hypocrites, it doesn't hugely matter what people say, it matters more what they do.

People on here will say a lot of crap, but who knows if they'd follow through in a position of responsibility or not.
  • Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,820

kle4 said:

Weren't some PBers in favour of export bans of AZ earlier in the week because we needed it first.

But a Pfizer export ban for exactly the same reason by the EU is tantamount to WWIII

Even if someone on here did, are you actually suggesting that random yahoos mouthing off on a forum has equivalence with the might of the EU Commission deciding to actually do so?

Can you point to a message saying that I certainly don't remember any. The thought occurs you are making it up because eu good uk bad
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,079

One element of the current shitshow from the EU is how much potential it has to enhance Boris. Brexit - easier to argue it was the right thing to do. Vaccine role out - so good, it is driving the EU crazy to the point they want to disrupt it/steal it. All whilst he stands above the fray, looking like a statesman.

All in the week he apologised for 100,000 dead.

Damn, it's been 5 days to remember.

I am one of his harshest critics but I even think he has grown up a bit this week. He was starting from a very low base but even so....
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,954
    Floater said:
    Who had bets on Johnson being on the side of sanity and reason?
  • One element of the current shitshow from the EU is how much potential it has to enhance Boris. Brexit - easier to argue it was the right thing to do. Vaccine role out - so good, it is driving the EU crazy to the point they want to disrupt it/steal it. All whilst he stands above the fray, looking like a statesman.

This is not the time for soundbites, but I feel the hand of history on my shoulder as we shut the stable door after 100,000+ dead horse have bolted.'
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,539

Scott_xP said:

Can someone do a welfare check of Scott

You could read the thread.

Dick
    The hostility on here addressed to you by your fellow Conservatives, just because you consider Brexit and PM Johnson to both be monumental errors, is becoming quite unpleasant.

We seem to be losing a few anti-Johnson, anti-Brexit posters, which is a shame. I can see why. If the only acceptable opinion becomes pro-Johnson and anti -EU the site is diminished, and it has always been a great site.
    There are plenty of anti Johnson and anti Brexit posters on here who are excellent contributors and their leaving would be a real loss to the site.

Then there is Scott n paste....
    OH come on - I find his posts a very useful way of seeing stuff I'd have missed. It's not as if other posters aren't relentlessly reactionary in their selection of tweets to bring to our attention.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

RobD said:

kle4 said:

This isn't even vaccine nationalism, it's vaccine stealing.
    Presumably "we"or Pfizer have a plan B to get "our" 2nd Pfizer vaccines on time.

Or maybe we dont need a plan B

I see vaccine minister nadhim zahawi said only yesterday he is confident there will be no disruption
    Probably because the Government is trying to be emollient and keep things calm.

Plan B, if needed, might be to ask Pfizer if we can have enough American production to get all the required second doses done (if needed, I've no idea how far short we may or may not be if we were to stop using the remaining supply for first jabs.)

But we're not at that stage yet. Once again, all the EU has done so far is issue threats and shuffle paper.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1355253348560236546

Bloody hell - i don't want to live in "interesting times" anymore
    Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

Dick
    The hostility on here addressed to you by your fellow Conservatives, just because you consider Brexit and PM Johnson to both be monumental errors, is becoming quite unpleasant.

We seem to be losing a few anti-Johnson, anti-Brexit posters, which is a shame. I can see why. If the only acceptable opinion becomes pro-Johnson and anti -EU the site is diminished, and it has always been a great site.
    There are plenty of anti Johnson and anti Brexit posters on here who are excellent contributors and their leaving would be a real loss to the site.

OH come on - I find his posts a very useful way of seeing stuff I'd have missed. It's not as if other posters aren't relentlessly reactionary in their selection of tweets to bring to our attention.
    Yeah definitely. PB is half discussion forum half news aggregator which often spurs the discussion.
  • DougSeal said:

maaarsh said:

stodge said:

maaarsh said:

29k is more than 25% down week on week despite a 14% increase in number of tests - this week the percentage decline has been accelerating off the very stable path it had been on - good reason to be optimistic we're seeing the vaccine start to have an impact.

It may be the vaccine - it may be lockdown restrictions having an impact.

The transport use numbers are informative - car traffic about half of pre-Covid levels, tube passenger numbers 15% of pre-Covid levels, national rail passenger numbers 13% of pre-Covid levels.

People ARE staying home and following the guidelines and inevitably that is reducing contacts and therefore transmissions. Is the vaccine having an impact? I'd argue not as many of those vaccinated were effectively shielding,

The more worrying story is how the second wave was fuelled by employers dragging staff back to offices and only paying lip service to Covid related health and hygiene guidelines.

This nonsense, perpetrated by Johnson among others, was seized on by companies with weak or non-existent remote IT capability, to compel workers back into offices.
    There was a constant rate of decline for the first 2 weeks of lockdown and now, 3 weeks after the vaccine effort ramped up, it has accelerated -

https://twitter.com/BristOliver/status/1355187197180334084

Seems rather unlikely that lockdown compliance has suddenly increased when cases were already falling. Combined with the hospital admissions falling much faster for over 85s than unders, I think we can see what is happening.
    Also this.

https://twitter.com/DevanSinha/status/1355180664782548995
    I need a translation of that: IFR?
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,414
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

You have resorted to Guido?

Sad state of affairs
    Why when he tells the truth
    Not like Sky, eh?
    How is Nicola Sturgeon's love affair with the EU going then
    You're quite petulant under the harmless old chuff veneer, ain't you?

How're the in-laws descended from 300 generations of fisherfolk doing with BJ's fantastic deal for fishing?
    You have not answered my question

And 23 million now for the fishing industry loses, plus 100 million investment to develop UK wide fishing over the next five years is far better than being in the CFP and under the ridiculous EU, who have trashed their brand in a way that was totally unexpected
    23 million? You've got individual firms losing business worth thousands each WEEK.
    Further - some are losing a MILLION a week in turnover. Not the same thing as net losses, but still it's a lot when we add it up over, say, three months. That's of the order of 10-20% of the entire 23m for one firm.

Still think the London Tories give a shit for the fisherfolk now thet have their Brexit? I don't.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-drives-scottish-seafood-crisis-not-happier-fish/
    As it happens I agree it is a sh!tshow. Only saving grace is that the alternative, the welcoming arms of the EU & CFP, isn't exactly looking terribly attractive just now.
    Hmmm Except that they'd have been buying the fish and still are, if the fish are brought into Denmark. Which is more than Mr J is doing. Shame about the processors.
    True, but I still think you'll look in vain for EU flags flying in Peterhead. I don't entirely buy the "teething problems" schtick, but things will improve.
    On the Day Today sketch we're at the sanctions bit.

One element of the current shitshow from the EU is how much potential it has to enhance Boris. Brexit - easier to argue it was the right thing to do. Vaccine role out - so good, it is driving the EU crazy to the point they want to disrupt it/steal it. All whilst he stands above the fray, looking like a statesman.

This is not the time for soundbites, but I feel the hand of history on my shoulder as we shut the stable door after 100,000+ dead horse have bolted.'
    Actually Blair could have said all of that after 2003
  • maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Floater said:
    Look at the kind of influence we've given up on by being outside the tent
  • YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

Andy_JS said:
    The Shagster is a jammy bastard, isn't he ? :)

Basically, in the entire pandemic, he has got one thing right.

The most important thing.

If you were told at outset you could only get one thing right, you'd choose the vaccines.
  • maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

DougSeal said:

maaarsh said:

stodge said:

maaarsh said:

29k is more than 25% down week on week despite a 14% increase in number of tests - this week the percentage decline has been accelerating off the very stable path it had been on - good reason to be optimistic we're seeing the vaccine start to have an impact.

The transport use numbers are informative - car traffic about half of pre-Covid levels, tube passenger numbers 15% of pre-Covid levels, national rail passenger numbers 13% of pre-Covid levels.

People ARE staying home and following the guidelines and inevitably that is reducing contacts and therefore transmissions. Is the vaccine having an impact? I'd argue not as many of those vaccinated were effectively shielding,

The more worrying story is how the second wave was fuelled by employers dragging staff back to offices and only paying lip service to Covid related health and hygiene guidelines.

This nonsense, perpetrated by Johnson among others, was seized on by companies with weak or non-existent remote IT capability, to compel workers back into offices.
    There was a constant rate of decline for the first 2 weeks of lockdown and now, 3 weeks after the vaccine effort ramped up, it has accelerated -

Seems rather unlikely that lockdown compliance has suddenly increased when cases were already falling. Combined with the hospital admissions falling much faster for over 85s than unders, I think we can see what is happening.
    Also this.

They reckon 37% of people in London have now had it (and therefore the IFR is very low).
    edited January 2021
    Floater said:
    That just seems inherently wrong. Even the most pro-EU person defending the right of the Commission to trigger it no matter what Dublin thought about it surely would agree that they should be required to tell Dublin first?

It's easy to be cute about this, but given that, and the talk about the UK's lack of solidarity with the EU causing this...somehow, I'm not sure everyone agrees on what solidarity means.

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

You have resorted to Guido?

Sad state of affairs
    Why when he tells the truth
    Not like Sky, eh?
    How is Nicola Sturgeon's love affair with the EU going then
    You're quite petulant under the harmless old chuff veneer, ain't you?

How're the in-laws descended from 300 generations of fisherfolk doing with BJ's fantastic deal for fishing?
    You have not answered my question

And 23 million now for the fishing industry loses, plus 100 million investment to develop UK wide fishing over the next five years is far better than being in the CFP and under the ridiculous EU, who have trashed their brand in a way that was totally unexpected
    23 million? You've got individual firms losing business worth thousands each WEEK.
    Further - some are losing a MILLION a week in turnover. Not the same thing as net losses, but still it's a lot when we add it up over, say, three months. That's of the order of 10-20% of the entire 23m for one firm.

Still think the London Tories give a shit for the fisherfolk now thet have their Brexit? I don't.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-drives-scottish-seafood-crisis-not-happier-fish/
    As it happens I agree it is a sh!tshow. Only saving grace is that the alternative, the welcoming arms of the EU & CFP, isn't exactly looking terribly attractive just now.
    Hmmm Except that they'd have been buying the fish and still are, if the fish are brought into Denmark. Which is more than Mr J is doing. Shame about the processors.
    True, but I still think you'll look in vain for EU flags flying in Peterhead. I don't entirely buy the "teething problems" schtick, but things will improve.
    The question is if the firms survive that long. Anyway we will see.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,813

No
    "Bricking up the Channel Tunnel" would suggest Yes
    edited January 2021
    Deleted
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,534

DougSeal said:

maaarsh said:

stodge said:

maaarsh said:

Also this.

Infection Fatality Rate IIRC
    TSE
    @TSEofPB
    ·
    6m
    The EU just got bashed by the Bishop.
    Quote Tweet
    Archbishop of Canterbury
    @JustinWelby
    · 23m
    The European Union was originally inspired by Christian social teaching - at the heart of which is solidarity.

Seeking to control the export of vaccines undercuts the EU’s basic ethics. They need to work together with others.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,187
    RobD said:

What comes next? "Appropriate measures"

No
    What total and utter bollocks....admit it you can't point to a single post where someone has suggested we should keep vaccines from the EU take your europhilia and use it as a suppository

Scott_xP said:

Dick

There you go again, and those
    people who have "liked" your post. To be fair you were not someone I had in mind when I posted.

Carlotta re-posts anti, EU, pro-Union, pro-Conservative tweets and articles throughout the days. I have no problem with either re-posting, In fact it saves me researching myself. Nonetheless the reaction to each poster is less than even handed.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,374
    Helping out Ireland with vaccinations sounds like a very good idea. I hope it can be organised.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,921
    edited January 2021
    Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

Dick

Yep, personally I think the only real online sin is suggesting other forum users should be banned (outside racists, abuse etc, though even then that might result certain types coming back with new identities).
  • Pagan2 said:

No
    What total and utter bollocks....admit it you can't point to a single post where someone has suggested we should keep vaccines from the EU take your europhilia and use it as a suppository
    John voted for Brexit.
  • maaarsh said:

DougSeal said:

maaarsh said:

stodge said:

maaarsh said:

Also this.

They reckon 37% of people in London have now had it (and therefore the IFR is very low).
    Thanks
    Pagan2 said:

No
    Talking about inserting things, has @Leon seen the Private Eye of a week or two back? There is a story (in Funny Old World) about ceramic dildines.
  • DougSeal said:

Deleted

DougSeal said:

maaarsh said:

stodge said:

maaarsh said:

Also this.

Infection Fatality Rate IIRC
    And also thanks.

This is a bad day for the EU but it is not fatal. And is probably less of a potential threat than during the Greek financial crisis.

But it should be a fatal day (jobs wise) for some of the individuals representing the EU who are not serving their organisation or their citizens well.
    They've come under pressure and shown themselves giving in to weak impulses - avoidance, blame shifting, unsubstantiated accusations.

There are so many very talented individuals at their disposal, some proven in a crisis, this cannot be the best they have.
    Pagan2 said:

No
    I am a Brexit voter but unlike you would have liked a softer BREXIT
  • RobD said:

The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
    Come on people - give it up for the EU!!!

https://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/1355255576251527171
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited January 2021
    I game GameStonk is still going on...back up to 323...
  • Floater said:

Is Nicola Sturgeon the only one not going to come out against this? 🤔
  • trukattrukat Posts: 18
    Floater said:

Genius!

Pagan2 said:

No
    John voted for Brexit.
    Doesnt mean he cant be wrong he should put up a quote or shut up with his claims
  • Scott_xP said:

Dick

people who have "liked" your post. To be fair you were not someone I had in mind when I posted.

Carlotta re-posts anti, EU, pro-Union, pro-Conservative tweets and articles throughout the days. I have no problem with either re-posting, In fact it saves me researching myself. Nonetheless the reaction to each poster is less than even handed.
    She also makes a large number of posts which are her own words, opinions and interpretations. Scott does none of these things. He just posts tweets and articles he thinks will help his cause - often it seems without even reading them as the body of articles often contradicts what he thinks is said in the headline.

There is a world of difference between Scott and Carlotta.
    And this from the Irish Times:

Northern Ireland first minister Arlene Foster branded the EU’s triggering of Article 16 an “incredible act of hostility” while Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald called it a “grave error’.

There, the Shinners are onboard. We now have the UK Government, the Irish Coalition Government, Labour, the SDLP, the Alliance, the DUP and Sinn Fein all on the same side. A full house.

Andy_JS said:

If you were told at outset you could only get one thing right, you'd choose the vaccines.
    When I used to do athletics I was once drafted in to do a 400m hurdles because someone hadn't turned up. Never done it before. The coach told me that the most important hurdle not to hit was the last one.

Pagan2 said:

No
    I am a Brexit voter but unlike you would have liked a softer BREXIT
    I don't care what you voted, show a link from someone saying we should cut of eu vaccines? That is what you alleged
    edited January 2021
    Marching in lockstep does not require the willingness of the other party, just their inability to do anything about it.

I'm gobsmacked that the Commission is at the 'This is for your own good' stage with Ireland. I'm sure nothing will come of it, but it's just plain rude to not consult them.

Floater said:

She does seem remarkably quiet
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748

I game GameStonk is still going on...back up to 323...

It's just like bitcoin now. Actually slightly better in that its registered bitcoin.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2021

Northern Ireland first minister Arlene Foster branded the EU’s triggering of Article 16 an “incredible act of hostility” while Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald called it a “grave error’.

There, the Shinners are onboard. We now have the UK Government, the Irish Coalition Government, Labour, the SDLP, the Alliance, the DUP and Sinn Fein all on the same side. A full house.
    Missing the SNP, no?
  • Andy_JS said:
    Chris Grayling combined with Gavin Williamson level incompetency.
  • Completely off topic (although linked to a bit of a discussion earlier) I have been watching "The Brokenwood Mysteries", a sort of New Zeeland version of Midsomer Murders. Would recommend to those who like their crime dramas not too gritty (and don't mind a steady stream of Country and Western on the soundtrack).
  • Carnyx said:

Scott_xP said:

Dick

I know of no other poster who does nothing but report articles and tweets - often with no actual value to the debate - and who makes no other contribution to the site at all.
    RobD said:

Missing the SNP, no?
    To be fair - she may have got herself in quite the bind

But no one saw the EU blowing up like this
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,882
    The Mars fleet is being built

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpQwQx4Q_Dc
    edited January 2021
    Floater said:

Floater said:

Waiting with bated breath for how this is all going to play out, I would think. There is scope here for deep and lasting damage to the EU-UK relationship. That would have implications.
  • And this from the Irish Times:

What a mess but the EU always have Nicola to call on

Pagan2 said:

No
    John voted for Brexit.
    Pah, soft Brexiteers - traitors in the eyes of the People's Front of Brexit.
    edited January 2021
    If the EU do cave, HMG will be on the phone to Pfizer to say they are changing their domicile from Whitehall to Stormont.
  • Floater said:

Wow. They have finally united Ireland!!
    Scott_xP said:
    Stop the clocks - it could be a long night!
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

Andy_JS said:
    Chris Grayling combined with Gavin Williamson level incompetency.
    Lol - surely you print and scan???

Scott_xP said:

Dick

She also makes a large number of posts which are her own words, opinions and interpretations. Scott does none of these things. He just posts tweets and articles he thinks will help his cause - often it seems without even reading them as the body of articles often contradicts what he thinks is said in the headline.

There is a world of difference between Scott and Carlotta.
    He's still more valuable than someone repeatedly posting, to the exclusion of all else, that there won't be a new Scottish Referendum because the Tories won't permit it. Not that anyone would I am sure.
  • Floater said:

Floater said:

Waiting with bated breath for how this is all going to play out, I would think. There is scope here for deep and lasting damage to the EU-UK relationship. That would have implications.
    Resignations of UVDL and others are required

Pagan2 said:

No
    John voted for Brexit.
    Indeed and nothing goes up my arse

Even if i talk out of it occasionally
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

Floater said:

Or Reunited the UK.
  • Andy_JS said:
    For years I used to find supposedly redacted data on official precinct election canvass reports, for precincts with very small number of ballots, where all the votes cast in a particular race were for the same candidate.

For some elections in some counties (which shall remain nameless) the numbers would be redacted on pdfs, however if you copied the data and uploaded it into a spreadsheet, the redacted numbers would appear.

Reckon there are many more examples out there in the wide, wild world of IT.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,882
    Sturgeon's been very quiet this evening.
  • Presumably someone has realised that invoking Article 16 (which we have all suddenly become experts on, particularly me) means gives cover for the UK government to do exactly the same thing from our end; after all if the EU insists on customs checks on the RoI/NI border then the need for a border in the Irish Sea goes away.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,643
    The last week has been like one of those days when a mad, brilliant hacker takes over an official Twitter account, and sends out crazy, hilarious, foul mouthed, and self harming tweets.

Except it’s the entire Brussels elite that got hacked. And Macron
  • Floater said:

Wait until Mark finds out the DUP and Sinn Fein are in government together, their partnership goes back to 2007.

Andy_JS said:

Your though process sounds like the logic one would anticipate from Andrew RT Davies.

Personally, I don't think vaccine provision, masterminded by Cummings should be Johnson's get out of jail free card. It is an enormous victory for an incumbent, however the PPE debacle, track and trace, locking down late, opening up early, and horrific fatalities should not be forgotten. As you hinted some weeks ago, perhaps Johnson's earlier dereliction of duties should see him sharing Drakeford's cell.

Your statement is something akin to "OK so I caused the motorway pile up, but despite the carnage and death toll, I saved the minibus full of Nuns, therefore I am exempt from a death by dangerous driving rap"!
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606
    RobD said:

RobD said:

kle4 said:

This isn't even vaccine nationalism, it's vaccine stealing.
    Presumably "we"or Pfizer have a plan B to get "our" 2nd Pfizer vaccines on time.

Or maybe we dont need a plan B

I see vaccine minister nadhim zahawi said only yesterday he is confident there will be no disruption
    Fear not, @HYUFD is already making preparations for a blockade run.
    Nah, it's not Scotland.

Completely off topic (although linked to a bit of a discussion earlier) I have been watching "The Brokenwood Mysteries", a sort of New Zeeland version of Midsomer Murders. Would recommend to those who like their crime dramas not too gritty (and don't mind a steady stream of Country and Western on the soundtrack).

Hmm, I was with you until that last sentence.

Sometimes you're in the mood for The Killing, sometimes you want a Midsomer Murders, so I'm down.

• Weren't some PBers in favour of export bans of AZ earlier in the week because we needed it first.

No
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MNZALcCzSg

Pagan2 said:

No
    John voted for Brexit.
    Indeed and nothing goes up my arse

Even if i talk out of it occasionally
    I am assuming as you keep posting but have failed to back up your assertion you are recanting...I think most will unless you back it up

Andy_JS said:
    For years I used to find supposedly redacted data on official precinct election canvass reports, for precincts with very small number of ballots, where all the votes cast in a particular race were for the same candidate.

For some elections in some counties (which shall remain nameless) the numbers would be redacted on pdfs, however if you copied the data and uploaded it into a spreadsheet, the redacted numbers would appear.

Reckon there are many more examples out there in the wide, wild world of IT.
    I once ran an entire sex discrimination case based upon someone forgetting to accept the tracked changes when sending the contract to m client.
  • Pulpstar said:

BJ statesman-like reticence

Sturgeon's been very quiet
  • We were talking about baldy greek earlier on...does he ever pass up a media opportunity? He was on CH4 talking about GameStonk.
    I'm not generally a fan of use of the term u-turn, but this seems like it would be a very appropriate usage.

Perhaps the EU finally has realised they took their rhetoric too far and need to dial it back, as neither the UK nor AZ are playing ball to look super unreasonable and help them out.

It would be funny if they can't find a legal way to backtrack without excluding the UK from their export ban.
    You think that would be funny.

Seriously mate you have a problem
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,556
    edited January 2021
    Oh, I don't think there was much doubt.....about the competence & judgment of VdL for a start

https://twitter.com/Mij_Europe/status/1355261100703571975?s=20

Floater said:

Floater said:

Resignations of UVDL and others are required
    Never going to happen. She's 'fought hard' for EU citizens, they're going to punish that?
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,319
    Pulpstar said:

Malc will be on tomorrow to tell us that the sainted Nicola is impervious and therefore untouchable 🤣🤣🤣
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748

Floater said:

The Scots, the Northern Irish, and the Welsh. I'm not so sure that the average British person cares. Shameful for them. They should pull up their socks. No-one is gong to care much for them if they nip off to the EU either.
  • BTW - greetings to recent delurkers. Great to see you. Hope a few more appear as well.

"Oh, hi, Mark!"

It would be funny if they can't find a legal way to backtrack without excluding the UK from their export ban.
    You think that would be funny.

Seriously mate you have a problem
    We're chatting on a political blog late on a Friday night. Of course we'd find that funny.
  • Pulpstar said:

BJ statesman-like reticence

Sturgeon's been very quiet
    And to be fair I'm not sure what either could say that would help at this stage.

Not that that usually stops most politicians.
This discussion has been closed.