Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Biden moves to an 84% chance of victory on the exchanges as the scale of his likely victory becomes

Comments

• Options
    Who was the source? Michael Gove?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920

I am still glad to see Trump gone but I hold out no hope for a Biden presidency what so ever. Even though if I had been a US citizen I would have voted for him.

Yep. The idea that Biden gets in and it's going to all be motherhood and apple pie is for the birds.

The division and violence can only get worse and worse and worse from here (but the same would be true with Trump and even more so)

USA is in a absolutely terrible state.
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688

CNN call MI for Biden.
    That means he just needs PA or any 2 from AZ,NV,GA,NC.

Well he's won Arizona so it's one from any of those

(Biden camp are saying they have flipped Arizona)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,054
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

Voted 58%/38% for Trump in 2016

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

Westmoreland 64/32 for Trump
    VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Postal vote are flowing to Biden for every corner of the state.

Wow. Just wow.

Biden just mentioned PA in his speech.

They've won it I think.
    Yeah, it's a done deal. No way to lose it from here, winning margin of 200k or so I think.
    My poor Trump supporting colleague will be ever so upset, they were very chipper this morning and thought there was no way back for Biden.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

Scott_xP said:
    How the hell would Vanity Fair know?
    Jerry Hall?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,438

GIN1138 said:

Biggest winner from this election...China.

Big Don and his tariffs will be gone, so back to business as normal. Sleepy Joe won't stand up to them and will be busy making America less competitive with higher wages and focus on environmental regulations, but will get bogged down with the senate against him.

While the population will be split and I don't see an end to the disturbances.

To be fair it's been a long term trend for a while. 2016 and now 2020 has just accelerated it.

USA is falling. China is rising. New era is nearly upon us...
    Wrong.

A Biden presidency will make a concordat between China and the US far more likely, benefiting both nations.
    Nah. One of the very very few things Trump did right was to highlight what a risk China represents to the West, and not just the US. If Biden thinks he can do deals with China then they will wipe the floor with him.

I am still glad to see Trump gone but I hold out no hope for a Biden presidency what so ever. Even though if I had been a US citizen I would have voted for him.
    How did Trump do that?

He sucked up to President Xi. He stood by while Hong Kong was fucked. He withdrew from the Pacific Partnership that was intended to build alliances to contain China.

Sure, he started a trade war, and he's tried to blame China for his failures on the Coronavirus, but the idea that he's a China hawk doesn't fit the facts.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.
    I bored everyone on Zoom with my Pennsylvania model, which doesn't really work because it can't differentiate by mode of voting - but, it peaked at an implausible Trump win by 400k when the on the day vote results came in, and has been falling by around 40k for every 4% of the vote that comes in since then. If that holds for the remainder, Trump wins the state by 3000 votes. I don't think that's right, I think Biden has it. But it is going to the wire.
  • Options

CNN call MI for Biden.

270 enough for the Betfair market but just takes 1/270 electors to switch and its four more years. He needs PA+1 or 3 of the others to ensure he gets inaugurated.
  • Options
    Looks like my guess of 275+ is looking quite good
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,947
    rcs1000 said:

GIN1138 said:

Big Don and his tariffs will be gone, so back to business as normal. Sleepy Joe won't stand up to them and will be busy making America less competitive with higher wages and focus on environmental regulations, but will get bogged down with the senate against him.

To be fair it's been a long term trend for a while. 2016 and now 2020 has just accelerated it.

Wrong.

A Biden presidency will make a concordat between China and the US far more likely, benefiting both nations.
    Nah. One of the very very few things Trump did right was to highlight what a risk China represents to the West, and not just the US. If Biden thinks he can do deals with China then they will wipe the floor with him.

Biden is like syphilis.

Trump is like AIDS.

You wouldn't want to end up with either of them, but in a forced choice it's pretty obvious which one you'd want to go for.
    Very easy choice, so not a good simile. Antibiotics clears the one, zip! Nothing can clear the other.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662

CNN call MI for Biden.

NV count is due tomorrow NV time.
  • Options
    Trump > 6 now on BF
  • Options
    Kamala Harris was a shit choice for VP. I reckon she cost the Democrats a lot of ground.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.
    I bored everyone on Zoom with my Pennsylvania model, which doesn't really work because it can't differentiate by mode of voting - but, it peaked at an implausible Trump win by 400k when the on the day vote results came in, and has been falling by around 40k for every 4% of the vote that comes in since then. If that holds for the remainder, Trump wins the state by 3000 votes. I don't think that's right, I think Biden has it. But it is going to the wire.
    Although don't forget late votes on top.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I think it would be a good thing all round if the networks are able to call it for Biden today. That may be possible.

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.
    Yeah, it's a done deal. No way to lose it from here, winning margin of 200k or so I think.
    Yes, my most conservative estimate (which gives Mail 60/40 to Biden in any county Trump won with more than 55% of the vote in 2016 and only 78/20 to Biden in others) gives Biden a 150,000 vote cushion.

Mail in numbers will be better than that for Biden. For instance Delaware County was 85% VBM for Biden

• Options
    Nate Cohn sees very confident on PA now, so echos what Biden said. I was expecting him to simply say ' we are doing well in PA' but he seemed much more positive.So does start to look like its just a case of dragging the kicking and screaming Trump from the WH
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,147

CNN call MI for Biden.

Indeed, and Fox Decision Desk, and AP ––– and last but not least @rcs1000
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    From the 538 page there is this comment

The Trump campaign is asking the Supreme Court to intervene again in the case about Pennsylvania’s ballot receipt deadline. In the lead-up to the election, the justices twice declined Republicans’ request to overrule the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision that extended the deadline by three days, but also didn’t say the state court’s decision was constitutional — in fact, three of the conservative justices overtly signaled that they thought it was not, and left open the possibility that the case could be revisited if the late-arriving ballots were decisive

I vaguely recall it coming up a few days ago, but I struggle to see how the court could have decided not to intervene, but justify giving leeway to have a intervene later if it looked like they could make a difference (I presume they didn't put it quite like that). I mean, either what they were asked about was ok or it wasn't, what legal reason to park it?
  • Options

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.
    Scrap that. Just made a minor tweak to account for some counties being pretty much 100% reported, and now the trend would see Biden take the lead when we get to 96% counted and thus ultimately win by almost 40,000 votes.
  • Options

Kamala Harris was a shit choice for VP. I reckon she cost the Democrats a lot of ground.

Well she's going to be POTUS soon so it will be interesting to see what happens.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

The Trump campaign is asking the Supreme Court to intervene again in the case about Pennsylvania’s ballot receipt deadline. In the lead-up to the election, the justices twice declined Republicans’ request to overrule the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision that extended the deadline by three days, but also didn’t say the state court’s decision was constitutional — in fact, three of the conservative justices overtly signaled that they thought it was not, and left open the possibility that the case could be revisited if the late-arriving ballots were decisive

I vaguely recall it coming up a few days ago, but I struggle to see how the court could have decided not to intervene, but justify giving leeway to have a intervene later if it looked like they could make a difference (I presume they didn't put it quite like that).

Might be irrelevant anyway.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,147

Who was the source? Michael Gove?
    You can suspect him if a story appears about Trump asking the Queen to intervene.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.
    Yes, my most conservative estimate (which gives Mail 60/40 to Biden in any county Trump won with more than 55% of the vote in 2016 and only 78/20 to Biden in others) gives Biden a 150,000 vote cushion.

Mail in numbers will be better than that for Biden. For instance Delaware County was 85% VBM for Biden

BF thinks Biden has Penn.
  • Options

I think it would be a good thing all round if the networks are able to call it for Biden today. That may be possible.

If the Pennsylvanians pull their fingers out it could be sorted tonight.

PA (20) does the trick now.

273 to win.

• Options
    Dems @1.22 in Pennsylvania
  • Options

CNN call MI for Biden.

AZ has already been called for Biden!
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Wrong.

How did Trump do that?

He sucked up to President Xi. He stood by while Hong Kong was fucked. He withdrew from the Pacific Partnership that was intended to build alliances to contain China.

Sure, he started a trade war, and he's tried to blame China for his failures on the Coronavirus, but the idea that he's a China hawk doesn't fit the facts.
    He was at least doing something. Far more than Obama did or Biden will do.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

kle4 said:

I vaguely recall it coming up a few days ago, but I struggle to see how the court could have decided not to intervene, but justify giving leeway to have a intervene later if it looked like they could make a difference (I presume they didn't put it quite like that).

Might be irrelevant anyway.
    Maybe, but with things like this, or various skulduggery or legal arcanery by any side, what was attempted is important even if it does not succeed.
  • Options

No idea why she was selected.
  • Options

273 to win.

I think he will do it without needing Penn
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Maybe because she'll be a good President ;)
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Wrong.

There was a lot of chat on here before GE2016 that Trump was full of a lot of hot air but would basically govern like a Romney. As he's basically a wealthy New Yorker at heart.

That turned out to be false. One thing that really struck me throughout Trump's term in office is how hard he tried to implement all of his manifesto and creative ways to do if he was blocked.

That will have impressed his base even if he wasn't wholly successful - because they will feel they can trust him.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,853
    Toms said:

rcs1000 said:

GIN1138 said:

Wrong.

Biden is like syphilis.

Trump is like AIDS.

You wouldn't want to end up with either of them, but in a forced choice it's pretty obvious which one you'd want to go for.
    What's Boris like?
    Dunno, but we've been speculating about whether, next year, he's a gonorr, here.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Chris said:

Life is going to be shit for a lot longer.....

But Ms Bingham — chair of the Vaccine Taskforce — said problems with ramping up manufacturing capacity meant the UK fell well short of this target. She predicted only 4million doses will be available before 2021.

Both Professor Pollard and Ms Bingham warned the first wave of vaccines would not be good enough to allow society to immediately return to normal, scuppering Boris Johnson's promise that 'life will return to normal next summer'.

Nobody knows how good they are until the trial data are released.

As for Ms Bingham, she has a bachelor's science degree, an MBA and a career in investment management. God knows who thought it would be a good idea to give her this job - apart from her husband, of course, who is a Tory minister.
    Just to be clear that is a 30 year career investing in emerging biotechnology companies based on scientific diligence?

Kate is unbelievably well qualified for this role and has done a fantastic job.

I like Dido more - she’s much nicer - but Kate is more effective
  • Options

Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.

The early mail voting numbers showed what might happen. Probably why Trump started the postal vote fraud narrative weeks ago. Some of those EV numbers were just incredible.
  • Options
    Pippa's giving Mirror readers heart attacks (or serious indigestion, at best....)

• Options
    CNN headline: 'Joe Biden on the cusp of 270'

https://edition.cnn.com
  • Options
    Charles said:

Chris said:

But Ms Bingham — chair of the Vaccine Taskforce — said problems with ramping up manufacturing capacity meant the UK fell well short of this target. She predicted only 4million doses will be available before 2021.

Both Professor Pollard and Ms Bingham warned the first wave of vaccines would not be good enough to allow society to immediately return to normal, scuppering Boris Johnson's promise that 'life will return to normal next summer'.

As for Ms Bingham, she has a bachelor's science degree, an MBA and a career in investment management. God knows who thought it would be a good idea to give her this job - apart from her husband, of course, who is a Tory minister.
    Just to be clear that is a 30 year career investing in emerging biotechnology companies based on scientific diligence?

A high bar, clearly.
  • Options
    Johnson left exposed, populism is dying and sensible moderate politics is back on the menu. Go Keir!
  • Options

273 to win.

I think he will do it without needing Penn
    That forecast implies Biden 290 unless you also think he'll pick up GA for the lols?
  • Options

Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Luzerne County

VBM
    70% Biden
    30% Trump

VBM
    68% Biden
    31% Trump

Wow. Just wow.

They've won it I think.

I have made my call. My word is law.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    kle4 said:

I vaguely recall it coming up a few days ago, but I struggle to see how the court could have decided not to intervene, but justify giving leeway to have a intervene later if it looked like they could make a difference (I presume they didn't put it quite like that). I mean, either what they were asked about was ok or it wasn't, what legal reason to park it?

It's not going to make a difference. Biden will win the state without late arriving ballot papers, which will be a smallish number anyway.
  • Options

CNN headline: 'Joe Biden on the cusp of 270'

https://edition.cnn.com

Presumably they just mean in the sense that he's one state away.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Well she's going to be POTUS soon so it will be interesting to see what happens.
    And I think that's why a lot of voters in the swing states held back from Biden.

Biden has won by waver thin margins here in just a few places.

We shouldn't be blinded by the high national vote off record turnout.
  • Options
    Penn DEM glancing down at 1.2 on Betfair.
  • Options
    If PA is going to flip which is looking likely now I will modestly repost my projection from two days ago :)
    https://www.270towin.com/maps/n0Kld.png
    If its any consolation,,,,I thought Remain would win :)
  • Options

My prediction of 306 is still on. Where we are now, plus NV, AZ, PA and GA for Biden.
  • Options
    What happens if Trump just says I don't accept the result, its fraud and I'm not leaving the White House?
  • Options
    Trump at 7.2
  • Options
    I see even in deep Red Wyoming 2 counties went for Biden (1 more than for Hilary), and one by 38%. I wonder if that's the fewest counties for one of the parties in any state (given it is very low population state).
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    GIN1138 said:

What happens if Trump just says I don't accept the result, its fraud and I'm not leaving the White House?

He ends up in jail.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    edited November 2020
    kle4 said:

Separation of powers, would be my guess. If the question asked in the first case were narrow enough that it falls within the jurisdiction of state courts, not federal courts, a conservative court would refuse to take a case on those grounds. But if a different issue were brought up, say one claiming actions that have created unequal voting rights, then they might decide that that new question about the same circumstance is now rightly a federal issue, where federal courts assert primacy over state courts.

or something like that
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

The authorities can frogmarch him out.
  • Options
    In the end a good result for everyone:

Trump would not have enjoyed a second term - I'm not sure he every wanted to become President to begin with - and he'll think he's been cheated which will reassure him.

The Dems get the Presidency, hopefully have learnt a little humility and wont be able to gerrymander the Supreme Court and Senate.

The Republicans are rid of Trump, keep the Senate and will be expecting to make big gains in 2022.

Ordinary Americans have seen the whole political system disgrace itself so may be supportive of change.

And I've made a very nice amount of money - nicely topped up this morning.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,073
    GIN1138 said:

Pence conspires with the cabinet to invoke the 25th and gets to spend a couple of months as President.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

I think you mean 'when' not 'what if'
  • Options
    SirNorfolkPassmoreSirNorfolkPassmore Posts: 6,316
    edited November 2020

I really do think that's absolute nonsense.

She was a safe choice who performed reasonably well in the VP debate, made no significant slip ups, campaigned with the required energy, and had fairly good favourability ratings.

VP choices don't win elections. Sometimes they can be a major drag on the ticket (Eagleton,briefly, and Palin, eventually). But there's no basis at all for saying Harris was anything like that. Sometimes, in a very close election, they might help you over the line (Johnson, arguably). But overwhelmingly they are chosen on the basis of "do no harm". That was true of Harris, and she did no harm.

And I'd say Pence was a sensible VP choice on exactly the same basis (and Kaine was for Clinton).
  • Options

Trump at 7.2

More like 50/1 now.
  • Options

Penn DEM glancing down at 1.2 on Betfair.

Rather pleased I got on at 3 early today.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    I just love the idea that Trump isn't going to lose thinking that Fox News have cost him the election.

• Options
    I was surprised to see both Ohio and Texas comfortably won by Trump in the end.

Perhaps the PBers who were predicting knife edge results from the actual returns are not as expert as they thought they were.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,146
    Alistair said:

Because the Dems want to deliver a black woman President - but know one would never get elected in her own right?
  • Options

My prediction of 306 is still on. Where we are now, plus NV, AZ, PA and GA for Biden.
    I think 290 or 306. Either will look convincing given his clear win in the popular vote.

It does, however, mask some squeaky wins in midwestern states but I guess that will soon be forgotten.
  • Options
    Not people who think they've won (legitimately...)

https://twitter.com/maxwalden_/status/1324100924810293249?s=20
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

I don't see how he carries his party or the authorities with him on such a stance. But he doesn't need to. Moaning about how rigged it is and refusing to concede (should, as it appears, the moment comes) is a classic move in many failing, failed or struggling democracies and autocrats will love it - the US president himself talkign about how rigged the elections are, so they can say see it is the same all over the world.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

And I think that's why a lot of voters in the swing states held back from Biden.

Biden has won by waver thin margins here in just a few places.

We shouldn't be blinded by the high national vote off record turnout.
    Although I am a fan personally, I think you are right from an electoral standpoint that she was a drag on the ticket.

My friend at cricket club is a moderate Republican, voting for Biden because he loathes Trump and what he has done to America: "We just gotta get him out".

He was against the appointment not because he didn't like Harris himself but because he said that many blue collar men simply wouldn't vote for a woman.

I found that very sad and worrying, but he was probably right.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,438

GIN1138 said:

Wrong.

How did Trump do that?

He was at least doing something. Far more than Obama did or Biden will do.
    But what he did at first was to suck up to Xi, the same he's sucked up to every dictator. That made things worse.
  • Options

Perhaps the PBers who were predicting knife edge results from the actual returns are not as expert as they thought they were.

As though Biden was ever going to take Texas lol!
  • Options

I really do think that's absolute nonsense.

She was a safe choice who performed reasonably well in the VP debate, made no significant slip ups, campaigned with the required energy, and had fairly good favourability ratings.

VP choices don't win elections. Sometimes they can be a major drag on the ticket (Eagleton,briefly, and Palin, eventually). But there's no basis at all for saying Harris was anything like that. Sometimes, in a very close election, they might help you over the line (Johnson). But overwhelmingly they are chosen on the basis of "do no harm". That was true of Harris, and she did no harm.

And I'd say Pence was a sensible VP choice on exactly the same basis (and Kaine was for Clinton).
    Nah. She's a Queen of Wokeness - see the totally stupid tweet she posted at the weekend that riled many - and people would have been worried she'd be steering behind the scenes and could take over as President during Biden's term of office. It's actually very similar to the concerns people had of Palin taking over from McCain in 2008.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Yep. The idea that Biden gets in and it's going to all be motherhood and apple pie is for the birds.

The division and violence can only get worse and worse and worse from here (but the same would be true with Trump and even more so)

USA is in a absolutely terrible state.
    I wonder though if there's an outside possibility that with Trump gone, the GOP in the US Senate will take a step back and realise quite how far down the rabbithole Trump has dragged them. And look to work with Biden going forward. They've got their prize of the Supreme Court lock after all.

• Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,141
    Charles said:

Chris said:

She actually said that as a matter of policy she didn't want to vaccinate the whole population - because the vaccine will have side effects. She really said that to the press!

While most of the world is hoping they can persuade enough people to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity, she's actively trying to avoid universal vaccination.

Still, perhaps she was appointed in order to try to make Johnson look bright by comparison?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

No nativity this year because the 3 Wise Men face a travel ban.

The shepherds have been furloughed.

The Inn keeper has shut under tier 3 regulations and had a slump in bookings.

Santa won't be working as he would break the rule of 6 with Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donner, and Blitzen.

As for Rudolph, with that red nose, he should be isolating and taking a test.

Santa is a COVID super spreader. He’d better be wearing a damn mask
    Only in certain niche movies
  • Options
    Bettors fleeing Trumpy like there's no tomorrow.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,205
    Biden's biggest job is Covid.

He needs to restart anything Trump blocked.

And Trump supporters who attended superspreader events are going to start to get sick, so just maybe they will understand it
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

If PA is going to flip which is looking likely now I will modestly repost my projection from two days ago :)
    https://www.270towin.com/maps/n0Kld.png
    If its any consolation,,,,I thought Remain would win :)

That could be spot on. GA is the spoiler so you'll need Trump to hold on there to claim PB victory.
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556

Johnson left exposed, populism is dying and sensible moderate politics is back on the menu. Go Keir!

That's your conclusion when what the polls said would be an easy landslide yesterday turned into a painfully ground-out nailbiter? I'm more confident than ever that we'll be able to hold off Sir Borealot in 2024.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    edited November 2020
    Kanye West has conceded.
  • Options
    Trump

• Options
    Re covid

The countries which were doing extremely badly a week ago - Belgium and the Czech Republic -have much reduced, though still high, new cases this week.

Isn't that a pattern we've seen before - that cases never extrapolated endlessly but max out in a local area.

The countries struggling now are Switzerland, Austria, Portugal and most of Eastern Europe.
  • Options
    Biden is really closing fast in Georgia
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

When he said his policy was to phase out the oil industry....
  • Options
    Is Nigel still calling it for Donald? :D
  • Options
    Still think that 90% turnout in WI is very suspicious.

Hopefully one day we can get back to people physically voting in a booth, the system that has worked well for decades. I don't trust postal votes.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

After Florida, I think Texas is now the thinnest of the Republican holds.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

If I were Biden, I'd say "fine", move my stuff in, and just lock Donald in the attic like Bertha Mason in Jane Eyre. I'm sure Melania would be fine with it.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    This seems like an excellent result for the GOP. Hold the senate, no threat to scotus, and well placed for 2022 midterms ahead of 2024 after 4 years of a lame duck Biden presidency. Trump may call fraud but I doubt he will find many in the GOP elite backing him on that.
  • Options

Also my prediction! Though I'm not 100% sure about GA (or NV)
  • Options
    I think someone on here, Alistair? was projecting about a 150K win for Biden in PA. Seems Bidens team are now thinking the same,,,,great minds :)
    https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/1324098012172439552
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,016
    kle4 said:

I see even in deep Red Wyoming 2 counties went for Biden (1 more than for Hilary), and one by 38%. I wonder if that's the fewest counties for one of the parties in any state (given it is very low population state).

Doubtful. Delaware has only 3 counties.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

As things stand it ties with North Dakota for fewest Democrat counties I think, but the Republicans are carrying only 1 county in Vermont, and if 0 counts as a number then 0 in Massachusetts and 0 in Rhode Island.
  • Options
    Nevada now expect to report all results today. If Biden gets it, I honestly can’t see a way for Trump to win now (ok, in theory through PA and AZ, but I really don’t think he’ll win either).
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,141
    rcs1000 said:

GIN1138 said:

Pence conspires with the cabinet to invoke the 25th and gets to spend a couple of months as President.
    Sedatives, as with Thatcher?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Biden's biggest job is Covid.

He needs to restart anything Trump blocked.

And Trump supporters who attended superspreader events are going to start to get sick, so just maybe they will understand it

As soon as Biden takes over America will be going into a national lockdown I'd think? Might allow everything calm down for a couple of months perhaps?
  • Options

yes but more importantly did the pizzas that were in those boxes before have pineapples on?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,147

Pizza boxes? Are they trolling the QAnon brigade?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

If my memory of the early hours is correct we were told that Trump was only going to win Texas by 1%.

Now who said it ? Robert someone or other :wink:
  • Options

Nevada now expect to report all results today. If Biden gets it, I honestly can’t see a way for Trump to win now (ok, in theory through PA and AZ, but I really don’t think he’ll win either).

They don't need to wait anymore now they know that Biden has won anyway.
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

I think someone on here, Alistair? was projecting about a 150K win for Biden in PA. Seems Bidens team are now thinking the same,,,,great minds :)
    https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/1324098012172439552

I said 60K earlier this morning. Looks like Alistair was on the nail. We will see.
This discussion has been closed.