Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

As Biden’s price goes past 4 on Betfair this maybe a long week – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    RobD said:

The needle for GA is falling back a bit for Trump, now only 81%.

Which is what ABC have been saying for the past hour: that it's not over in Georgia because of the vote areas still to come
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    Artist said:

Feels like they've stopped counting everywhere.

It does, doesn't it. Not seeing much movement right now.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    RobD said:

The needle for GA is falling back a bit for Trump, now only 81%.

Goodness me, we had all forgotten GA!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146

https://twitter.com/jonlis1/status/1323834243240308737

I kind of feel like this is the problem. I empathise with this stuff I really do but I think telling your voters that they're basically stupid is how we keep losing elections

From a columnist with over 1m followers:

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/1323815997191544833
  • Options

Alistair said:

In my defence I did say Biden was an appalling candidate.

Nah, you don't get away with that.

You've been pooh-poohing on here for months anyone who made a Democratic sceptic argument on the grounds of their appalling identity politics, leftish economics, and the emerging evidence of minorities being put off by that.

You got it badly badly wrong. Man up, own it and apologise.
    Hear hear, why can't people just say they get things wrong?
  • Options

Doesn't look as it stands that I'll be winning my 3/1 bet with HYUFD on size of ECV majority vs 2016.

Is that admitting you were wrong? Fair play to you.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    edited November 2020

https://twitter.com/jonlis1/status/1323834243240308737

I kind of feel like this is the problem. I empathise with this stuff I really do but I think telling your voters that they're basically stupid is how we keep losing elections

They've moved from 2016 calling them Deplorables, to 2020 calling them flat out racist, yet they still wonder why that doesn't endear them to the voters.
    https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/status/1322726056139411456
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,094
    Fulton County stopping counting until tomorrow morning. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

It's neck-and-neck in Wisconsin, but 63% of the vote to come is from counties Clinton won.

Right now, it's feeling like Biden flips AZ and WI. NV is who know... and PA and MI remain key,

Yes, Biden loses 254 to 283 with those but without PA and MI. He wins 290 to 247 with them.

MI has 16 ECVs and PA 20 ECVs. Assuming he doesn't drop the Nebraska district or lose Nevada then either Michigan or PA should do it... just.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

It's neck-and-neck in Wisconsin, but 63% of the vote to come is from counties Clinton won.

Right now, it's feeling like Biden flips AZ and WI. NV is who know... and PA and MI remain key,

Yes, Biden loses 254 to 283 with those but without PA and MI. He wins 290 to 247 with them.

MI has 16 ECVs and PA 20 ECVs. Assuming he doesn't drop the Nebraska district or lose Nevada then either Michigan or PA should do it... just.
    Edit: so if feels about 50/50 to me at the moment, so the markets are off and Biden is currently value.
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,203
    As note to some poll count trackers being referenced below. The estimated 'votes in' percentage may be referencing precincts not actual votes. Obviously precincts can vary in voter roll size so beware.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,997

Blair was right when he said, can't win identity politics, don't have the argument

Let's get politics back to economics again.
  • Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362
    MaxPB said:

Trump's winning margin is increasing in OH and TX as more votes come in. Both are definitely lost to Biden. AZ, PA, MI is the path.

OH, GA, NC all definitely gone from Biden?
    Or is it a red mirage? 🙂
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    Nigelb said:

Time for a bit of sleep for me, too.
    Thought I’d be able to participate more, but been very busy mitigating potential losses while preserving some prospect of wins. Florida was a bucket of cold water to the face.
    Got out of most of my state bets with a small loss ... a wrench to have to bail on Texas, though.

Kudos to HYUFD & Mr Ed for getting a lot closer with their predictions than I though they would.

Thank you @Nigelb hope you still come out winning something
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    I know plenty of election officials here hate counting through the night. I hope that never becomes the norm.
  • Options

Fulton County stopping counting until tomorrow morning. 🤦‍♂️

Lazy fuckers. It's not even midnight their time yet!
  • Options
    Some people should offer proper apologies to @MrEd and @HYUFD as they've been given some pretty terrible abuse over the last several weeks/months.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662

rcs1000 said:

Edit: so if feels about 50/50 to me at the moment, so the markets are off and Biden is currently value.
    I'm getting a feeling the Latinos might sink Biden in NV. Something I certainly wasn't expecting.
  • Options
    I hope they won't feel put off in the future, they clearly add a perspective I don't have.
  • Options
    The results seem to have slowed down. I'm going to have to go to bed.
  • Options
    Why is nobody calling Florida yet?
  • Options
    Bed time. Night all.
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

rcs1000 said:

I'm getting a feeling the Latinos might sink Biden in NV. Something I certainly wasn't expecting.
    In which case Biden needs PA and MI.

I think it's bedtime for me too.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    AZ hasn't moved from 75%. I wonder if that's the fraction of early votes.
  • Options
    Still a very tight race, but one where I would have to join the throngs questioning the current odds. Biden still favourite for me.

Good night all.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662

Alistair said:

In my defence I did say Biden was an appalling candidate.

Nah, you don't get away with that.

You've been pooh-poohing on here for months anyone who made a Democratic sceptic argument on the grounds of their appalling identity politics, leftish economics, and the emerging evidence of minorities being put off by that.

You got it badly badly wrong. Man up, own it and apologise.
    Hear hear, why can't people just say they get things wrong?
    Well this was my forecast so I'm still in the game , but if I'm just the wrong side of the numbers I will tip my hat to those who called it right. I suspected Trump might have a shot but I didn't back him as some did here so fair play to them if he does pull off a second miracle win.
    https://www.270towin.com/maps/n0Kld.png
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,167
    edited November 2020

I hope they won't feel put off in the future, they clearly add a perspective I don't have.

Thanks Horse but you make valid contributions too
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Going to bed now. Glad I got on Biden at 5 when Betfair was in full panic mode. I think he'll jsut about do it.

Also Nate Silver has just posted that there is a software glitch that is preventing 80,000 likely very blue mail votes in Georgia being counted
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,920
    Bed time for me also. Many thanks to all. Some frantic undoing of bets for me. Well done to whoever has predicted this right, I suspect Biden should be slight favourite but that might turn out to be as bad as my prediction of a Biden landslide by tomorrow.

I'm Trump +200 and Biden +430 and letting that ride.
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS: Biden wins California

;)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    NC is not yet done.

Edit, wrong sums

• Options
    Biden projected to have won California, Oregon and Washington state
  • Options
    Biden drifted back to 3.55.

Not sure why - no significant votes counted in last few mins.
  • Options
    Yokes said:

NC is not yet done.

97 % of precincts but only 74% of ballots counted...there is still a whopping 1.8-1.9 million votes to count and I think some large urban areas to come. Trump leads by just over 70k

Nate Cohn says there is a reporting error in one country that could be affecting the NYT needle
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    RobD said:

I'm fairly sure it is the % of estimated total votes, but the remaining 25% will be all or almost all election day votes.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Mississippi and Idaho projected for Trump and with that I am off to bed, don't think we will get a winner tonight now, night all
  • Options
    Off to bed, good night all
  • Options
    pinball13 said:

Why is nobody calling Florida yet?

The military don’t pay tax if they are registered there, so of course they register there, and their votes will not be counted till the ninth or something like that.

Honestly I am not making it up. No battleground state has declared yet, and many of them have backlog of Biden votes to be counted in what we were warned is a red mirage. And then there’s the objections. Like Democrats might appeal in Texas for example, because some shenanigans may not be known to us yet.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Still a very tight race, but one where I would have to join the throngs questioning the current odds. Biden still favourite for me.

Good night all.

I think he is but only just and I think it's about expectation because it's not what many of us though, myself included, coming into the night. I was very confident he'd win. Thoroughly ill-advisedly as it happens.

Sigh. Sorry.

Night all.
  • Options

Yokes said:

NC is not yet done.

97 % of precincts but only 74% of ballots counted...there is still a whopping 1.8-1.9 million votes to count and I think some large urban areas to come. Trump leads by just over 70k

Nate Cohn says there is a reporting error in one country that could be affecting the NYT needle

My vote sums are incorrect but its fair to say its still not quite done.
  • Options
    GOP pick up the AL senate seat.
  • Options
    Before I go - look at Wayne County (so Detroit). 37pc lead for Clinton 2016, 13% at the moment. 28% of the vote in.
  • Options
    Fox just called Florida for Trump.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Not off dem though?
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

RobD said:

Not off dem though?
    The NYT map suggests it was a D incumbent.
  • Options
    NC looks Trump by 1.5% or so
  • Options
    RobD said:

gealbhan said:

RobD said:

Not off dem though?
    Yes, this is the seat Doug Jones won in 2017 against Roy Moore. Moore ran again in the GOP primary but came nowhere near winning. A more normal GOP candidate has taken an easy win.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    Bed time for me, not worth staying up now as we won't know the full results until Friday at best.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    RobD said:

gealbhan said:

RobD said:

Not off dem though?
    He was the one who won the seat from Republican Roy Moore IIRC?
  • Options
    On the Ohio/Pennsylvania border and won by Clinton last time.
  • Options
    I make it just 61 more Ev from what’s left on table and Biden is President. Any correction on that?
  • Options
    PA - Trump leads by 373,000.

More than 1 million mail ballots still to be counted.
  • Options
    RobD said:

75% doesn't necessarily mean 75% of votes, it could mean 75% of precincts.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Requires Bide to win those by about 2 to 1 though surely. How probable is that?
  • Options

twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/status/1323839724063252483

They are all useless.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

RobD said:

Says 75% of the estimated votes reported. But maybe it assumes that all precincts are equal.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

RobD said:

Says 75% of the estimated votes reported. But maybe it assumes that all precincts are equal.
    CNN have improved here.

These % reporting figures historically used to be unreliable as I think they just counted number of precincts.

Tonight, they seem to be more reliable so more detailed analysis looks to have been done.
  • Options
    Fox calls Arizona for Biden, interesting.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,977
    edited November 2020
    This is playing out exactly as I feared. It’s all set up for the courts to decide. That means Trump wins.
  • Options
    Fox calls Arizona (both Senate and GE) for Dems
  • Options

MikeL said:

Requires Bide to win those by about 2 to 1 though surely. How probable is that?
    But it's not just mail ballots to come - looks as if there may be more in person votes from big cities too.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden now in to 2.52
  • Options
    Arizona and New Jersey have voted to legalise cannabis.
  • Options

4:30 am and finally a state changes from 2016!

Biden leading by 9% in NE-02 but presumably early votes.
  • Options
    With the sort of red mirage busting places we are expecting to come in For Biden, the senate looks good for Dems too?
  • Options
    Biden is value now IMHO.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

This is playing out exactly as I feared. It’s all set up for the courts to decide. That means Trump wins.

I wouldn't assume that.

There has to be something to have a case about.

Sure they might rule out mail ballots arriving after today - but that is very unlikely to make a significant difference.

And so far the GOP has lost every Court case they've tried - even with Republican Judges.
  • Options

They call Arizona for Biden but not Florida for Trump?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    kle4 said:

I know plenty of election officials here hate counting through the night. I hope that never becomes the norm.

But they still generally do it, and we usually have a UK result within 8 hours of the polls closing.

This is one going to take days to sort out, even before we get into the recounts and challenges. Several states already suggesting Friday at the earliest.
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I almost thought of placing a bet on Arizona being the only state to change hands at this election. Not sure it would have been possible anyway.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

They call Arizona for Biden but not Florida for Trump?
    They have called Florida.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Biden now 2.32.

AZ is big - because Biden now only needs two of PA/MI/WI - unless he just got MI/WI and neither Congressional district.
  • Options
    MI result expected in full tomorrow.
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780
    Mike L. Betfair has Biden winning AZ and slight favourite to win MI and WI. If he wins all three, please explain the congressional vote. I don’t know about this. Thanks.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205

Biden is value now IMHO.

:lol:

I get up and find PB still telling me that Biden is value. That's all I've read on here for the last few months (with one notable exception btl).
  • Options
    stjohn said:

Mike L. Betfair has Biden winning AZ and slight favourite to win MI and WI. If he wins all three, please explain the congressional vote. I don’t know about this. Thanks.

Hilary got 232.

Biden needs to gain 37 for a tie, 38 to win.

AZ 11
    MI 16
    WI 10

Total 37 means a tie. Obviously Biden wins if get PA 20 instead of MI or WI.

There are then two single Congressional districts in NE and ME which are competitive - both won by Trump in 2016 (those states are not winner takes all - they give an Electoral Vote for each District separately).

So if Biden gains one of these he gets to 270 with AZ/MI/WI
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    stjohn said:

Nebraska splits it's electoral college votes and one of the congressional districts with one vote is competitive.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

The House decides the winner if there is a 269-269 tie, BUT it is by state delegation (each state has one vote decided on the reps for that state.). The GOP currently lead on this value, despite the Dems having a big House majority.

There’s some debate on whether the new or old House does the vote.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Biden is value now IMHO.

:lol:

I get up and find PB still telling me that Biden is value. That's all I've read on here for the last few months (with one notable exception btl).
    Biden value, you heard it here first, second, third, fourth...
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    MikeL said:

Biden now 2.32.

AZ is big - because Biden now only needs two of PA/MI/WI - unless he just got MI/WI and neither Congressional district.

However it looks like Biden is in trouble in Nevada, meaning he does need all 3 in Midwest, where Pen isn’t looking so good either?

I concede this isn’t 350 ev to Biden. ☹️ This is no landslide.

Is it my fault, or A rated pollsters who didn’t just show leads, but consistently, poll after poll?

Not just some surprisingly big PV polls, but state polls, senate race polls that back up the other polls.

Now if Stalin was in charge of this polling industry, what do you think will happen?
  • Options
    Biden 2.2
  • Options
    Trump is currently ahead in Michigan and Wisconsin but I don't know how representative those areas are.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

MikeL said:

Biden now 2.32.

However it looks like Biden is in trouble in Nevada, meaning he does need all 3 in Midwest, where Pen isn’t looking so good either?

Is it my fault, or A rated pollsters who didn’t just show leads, but consistently, poll after poll?

Not just some surprisingly big PV polls, but state polls, senate race polls that back up the other polls.

Now if Stalin was in charge of this polling industry, what do you think will happen?
    I’ll add one other thing. Both teams knew, even though the rest of us didn’t, they all camped out in the Midwest for the last days of the campaign.
  • Options
    Huge vote dump in VA - Biden takes big lead
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Huge vote dump in VA - Biden takes big lead

Probably from Fairfax.
  • Options
    Fox has called Ohio
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883
    Georgia still isn't over according to the needle.
  • Options
    BF approaching crossover again.
    Dems 2/9 for Nevada
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Rageh Omaar on ITV News: an increase in black men voting for Trump according to the data.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

gealbhan said:

MikeL said:

Biden now 2.32.

I’ll add one other thing. Both teams knew, even though the rest of us didn’t, they all camped out in the Midwest for the last days of the campaign.
    I don't think we have enough data to judge the polls yet. FL seems to have been pretty bad but it's a weird state, GA and NC seems like a pretty small miss, TX and AZ look like they were pretty good, and we know almost nothing about the midwest or the popular vote.

It wasn't a secret that the midwest was the easiest path and FL/NC/GA/TX were insurance/dessert. (Although that may turn out out not to be true, we don't know much about the midwest yet...)
  • Options
    Ready for the egg to hit my face, but right now I see Biden taking MN, WI and MI. Trump gets NC, GA, IA.

Puts Biden over 270 even without PA (genuine tossup).

Persuade me otherwise?
  • Options

Ready for the egg to hit my face, but right now I see Biden taking MN, WI and MI. Trump gets NC, GA, IA.

Persuade me otherwise?

Trump looks to be outperforming in some counties in Ohio and Pennsylvania that would be correlated with WI and MI, so it might be tough for Biden to win both of them.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Rageh Omaar on ITV News: increase in black men voting for Trump.

The Republicans did a good job of getting a number of high-profile black candidates and commentators.

Biden's "You ain't black" comments went down really badly with large segments of the African-American community.
  • Options

Persuade me otherwise?

Very possible. Assumes Biden gets either Nebraska 2nd or Maine 1st (or both).
This discussion has been closed.