Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

In the £105m WH2020 exchanges its Biden 62% – Trump 35% – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• FF43FF43 Posts: 15,545

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1312132078658494464

Aha, I will believe that when I see that BoJo.

Your party won't do anything to actually help young people as that would tank house prices, still COVID might do that anyway

All governments aim to inflate house prices. This one is no different.

Ed Miliband, an underrated politician in my view, was onto something when he claimed high house prices are the enemy of aspiration.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Trump being carted off to Walter Reed Hospital...
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771
    edited October 2020

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

The one unnoticed advantage of Covid is that you can now get tables at the most exquisite London restaurants with barely 24 hours notice.

Silver linings, eh.

Is this true?
    Yes, absolutely. Go on Opentable. From the trendiest Shoreditch dinery to regularly booked-out stalwarts like the Ivy or Scotts, places that needed booking weeks ahead can now be booked tomorrow, and not at 3pm either
    Very, very good to know. Thanks. I can see that I can book The Ivy tomorrow at 2100 or at any time next Friday or Saturday. That is indeed extraordinary. I could even reserve Sexy Fish at 2000 on a Friday next month, which is bonkers.

You are right.

Thanks for the tip.
    Two Caprice Holdings restaurants. Are you on retainer?
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,785
    Scott_xP said:
    That is a whip sharp interview for the running time, gotcha in theme but rooted in basics that people want to know.
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 4,534
    Trump off to hospital now . I hope he makes a full recovery so he can get soundly beaten in the election , his brand of disgusting politics needs to be rejected by the voters .
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,837

dixiedean said:

@TSE @Philip_Thompson .
    Sadio Mane tests positive.

Fucking hell.

He's the key player for this team.
    Not any more. Bring on the the Derby.
  • dixiedean said:

@TSE @Philip_Thompson .
    Sadio Mane tests positive.

Will the last few remaining footballers who haven't had covid please report to the front desk so we can complete herd immunity.
    Will the last few remaining footballers students who haven't had covid please report to the front desk so we can complete herd immunity.
    The way things are going by Christmas it probably want to be far off in some places.
  • The men in grey suits will be coming to have a word with Boris next year. If there is one thing the Tories are good at, it is removing crap leaders / leaders who have served their purpose.

Perhaps not yet. The would-be plotters might be dissuaded by Rishi Sunak's current popularity. No point wielding the knife if someone else inherits the crown.
  • Breaking

Trump moved to special hospital suite at Walter Reed National
    A remarkably bland statement. On my reading it could be nothing serious or he's at death's door. Donald presumably worse than Melania though.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618
    rcs1000 said:

LadyG said:

LadyG said:

The one unnoticed advantage of Covid is that you can now get tables at the most exquisite London restaurants with barely 24 hours notice.

Silver linings, eh.

Is this true?
    Yes, absolutely. Go on Opentable. From the trendiest Shoreditch dinery to regularly booked-out stalwarts like the Ivy or Scotts, places that needed booking weeks ahead can now be booked tomorrow, and not at 3pm either
    Very, very good to know. Thanks. I can see that I can book The Ivy tomorrow at 2100 or at any time next Friday or Saturday. That is indeed extraordinary. I could even reserve Sexy Fish at 2000 on a Friday next month, which is bonkers.

You are right.

Thanks for the tip.
    Two Caprice Holdings restaurants. Are you on retainer?

Nope. Both excellent restaurants though (the latter by recommendation only - have dined happily at The Ivy but never at Sexy Fish)
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281
    edited October 2020
    nico679 said:

Trump off to hospital now

Link?
  • YokesYokes Posts: 1,178
    Its fair to say if you are being treated with essentially experimental treatments tested on hundreds, and your wife possibly isn't using these treatments, they are worried.

The lack of a video address/tweeting suggested something was up

Carting him to hospital makes sense
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,723

Breaking

Trump moved to special hospital suite at Walter Reed National

Really Shit
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043

Trump being carted off to Walter Reed Hospital...

Trump out at 3.15 on BF
    Not nearly so delicious as peach and Marmite, of course.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    As President Trump began to exhibit symptoms after testing positive for the coronavirus, he was set to leave the White House on Friday afternoon for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, where officials said he was expected to undergo more tests.

The White House assembled reporters at the hospital facility, in Bethesda, Md., in advance of Mr. Trump’s visit. Two people briefed on the plans said Mr. Trump is expected to undergo tests, but it was unclear how long he will stay.

NYTimes
  • Its gone from mild symptoms to precautionary hospital visit in a day...Boris took a week.
  • Pulpstar said:
    Thanks for the the Betdaq idea.
  • nico679 said:

Link?
    Reported on Sky.
    That was a common menu option some years ago. Derived from a BT advert themed on pregnancy food cravings iirc.
    "undergo tests" - We've heard that one before.
  • I have to say from the start, i have been shocked how lack many world leaders have been in regards to covid.

Only Putin seems to have really taken it seriously.
    dixiedean said:

MrEd said:

How many "changes everything" have we had with Trump?
    Nobody is talking about his taxes now....not that i thought Trump was going to win, but the big issue he has now is he can't do his rallies which in 2016 created such a large amount of coverage and often outside of the main national media.

Because of COVID restricting crowds and this time he hasn't found a lock her up / build the wall type slogan, I dont think they were building much momentum anyway, but this definitely stops any of it.
    From the evidence thus far, he can't even tweet.
    That, and pumping him full of magic serum does not augur well for a "mild" case.
    Bloody Hell.
    I'll be taking @Foxy's job with my remote diagnostic skills.
  • Trump being carted off to Walter Reed Hospital...

Trump out at 3.15 on BF
    It is looking increasingly likely he will not take any further part in the election

I expect this causes untold complications for the election and who becomes the next President

We all know how the US thrives on litigation
  • Trump on the way to Walter Reed?
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712
    edited October 2020
    BBC news confirming Trump being taken by Marine One to a military hospital tonight
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408
    edited October 2020
    At least I enjoy both of those toppings, but I cannot imagine liking the things I like about them both being enhanced by inclusion together along with tomato and melted cheese.

It's like politics - I might like one or two policies from a particular source, but jumbled incoherently together with a base product that doesn't fit with it, and it just won't work.

Its gone from mild symptoms to precautionary hospital visit in a day...Boris took a week.

We are built of stronger stuff in the Old Country.
  • Agreed completely. Tuna - urgh! 🤮

Banana pairs perfectly with bacon as a pizza topping, not tuna. 🍌🥓🍕
  • I presume his big speech to the nation this evening is now off.
    Pulpstar said:
    Well I did say earlier Pence would effectively be acting President from today for the time being
    Pulpstar said:
    Already on him thankfully. There was always a risk to both main runners this year.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069

Its gone from mild symptoms to precautionary hospital visit in a day...Boris took a week.

It usually takes a week before the cytokine cascade hits. Nasty.

nico679 said:

Link?
    Reported on Sky News.

Now updated on Graun website as well...

The White House has confirmed that the president will go to Walter Reed medical center and stay there for “the next few days.”

The full White House statement:

“President Trump remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day. Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days. President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady.”
  • NBC News have the helicopter landing at the White House.
    Suspended
  • SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    One thing is for sure they wouldn’t taken him out of the White House to a hospital unless they had to
    BF suspended again.
    Pro_Rata said:

That was a common menu option some years ago.
    Absolute proof that nostalgia blinded people who say things were better in the past are talking nonsense.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,749
    edited October 2020
    Sopel saying that there's already a fully equipped medical centre in the WH, so...
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Market fucking suspended again isn't it lads.

Fucks sake.

Is legal action looming in TX over mail-in ballot drop off stations?

https://twitter.com/ForTheRuleOfLaw/status/1312102834456805377

Confused here! If it is a mail in ballot dont you just drop it off in the mail?
    AIUI, the mail-in ballots won't necessarily be counted because the Postal Service can't cope, or more precisely was defunded by Republican politicians to disenfranchise predominantly Democrat mail-in voters. At least Gov Abbot (Rep) thought so. That's why he endorsed a scheme to drop the votes off in State offices to ensure reliably Republican Texans could have their vote counted. And then became less enthusiastic when voting actually started.
  • BF suspended again.

Considering all open bets were purged earlier today this takes the mickey a bit now. Anyone who has an open bet has done so knowing he is symptomatic and positive.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Any danger of a sympathy vote for Trump?
  • Sopel saying that there's already a fully equipped medical centre in the WH, so...

Fully staffed operating suite and effective NBC protection staff, so this is pretty serious.
  • Sopel saying that there's already a fully equipped medical centre in the WH, so...

Also, surely if it wasn't pressing, they would take him out quietly in the middle of the night away from the glearing eye of the media and inform the media afterwards.
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    Wasn't there some suggestion a few days ago that some of these plasma/antibody treatments could actually do more harm than good?

Sopel saying that there's already a fully equipped medical centre in the WH, so...

Yep. You don't use a helicopter for a mild case or tests.
    Not even for POTUS.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    edited October 2020
    #PrayForDavidHerdson who has to write the morning thread.

Did I mention Mike's on holiday at the moment?
  • BF suspended again.

BF suspended again.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but what is the effect of a BF suspension as I have no knowledge of betting
    Pulpstar said:

"undergo tests" - We've heard that one before.

The test is "is he responsive?"

#PrayForDavidHerdson who has to write the morning thread.

Did I mention Mike's on holiday at the moment?

A beacon of stability in a chaotic world.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771
    Pulpstar said:
    Of course, if you'd bought Pence last year on Betfair at 120-1 (like I suggested), you wouldn't need to...

Question.

If Trump were to be invalided out or to die, then Mike Pence becomes President. But getting a new VP requires Senatorial consent.

So who breaks deadlocks in the Senate until a new VP is appointed?

I have to say from the start, i have been shocked how lack many world leaders have been in regards to covid.

Has he? I imagine paranoia has its uses if so.

But I am surprised how few world leaders have not come down with Covid given even with precautions they will be meeting a lot of people and, generally, working themselves pretty hard.
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 4,534
    How this effects the early voting . Dems will still be turning up in droves but GOP voters will be wondering whether it’s Trump or Pence they’re voting for this is likely to see their numbers drop . This means that Dems are likely to build an even bigger early vote lead .
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069
    HYUFD said:

BBC news confirming Trump being taken by Marine One to a military hospital tonight

Flying not good in hypoxia.

BF suspended again.

BF suspended again.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but what is the effect of a BF suspension as I have no knowledge of betting
    We can't bet.
  • dixiedean said:

Not even for POTUS.
    I don't know about the use of the helicopter means much. The president uses it all the time for all sorts of trips.

But middle of the day, rather than quietly in the middle of the night, do the tests and tell the media in the morning is surely the preferred option of doing "some precautionary tests".
  • Alistair said:

BF suspended again.

BF suspended again.

We can't bet.
    Thank you
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    I hope the cleaners hid the bleach.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    Trump sounded fine when he was interviewed by Sean Hannity less than 24 hours ago, so unless he's deteriorated very rapidly they are just not taking any chances.
    Either he's bad or this is the Deep State coup d' etat.
    And just when he was closing in on Hilary's tunnels...
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    Seems the media in America have a touching belief that White House and doctors statements can be taken at face value these days.
  • LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221

@LadyG what's your favourite place to eat? Presumably somewhere that serves imaginary food

The Atlantic Bar at Sheekeys.
  • kle4 said:

I have to say from the start, i have been shocked how lack many world leaders have been in regards to covid.

But I am surprised how few world leaders have not come down with Covid given even with precautions they will be meeting a lot of people and, generally, working themselves pretty hard.
    There was a report the other day about how Putin basically has met anybody in person for months. He has been locked away with hardly any in person contact.

Also remember the footage early on when he didn't wear a mask, he wore a full hazmat suit on a public visit.
  • dixiedean said:

Not even for POTUS.
    Doesn't he pretty much always travel by Marine One?
    Alistair said:

BF suspended again.

BF suspended again.

We can't bet.
    https://twitter.com/Pulpstar/status/1312143706921684992
  • Trump sounded fine when he was interviewed by Sean Hannity less than 24 hours ago, so unless he's deteriorated very rapidly they are just not taking any chances.

My father said today he thinks Trump would make the worse patient.

Trump sounded fine when he was interviewed by Sean Hannity less than 24 hours ago, so unless he's deteriorated very rapidly they are just not taking any chances.

he's deteriorated very rapidly
  • Trump sounded fine when he was interviewed by Sean Hannity less than 24 hours ago, so unless he's deteriorated very rapidly they are just not taking any chances.

Thinks? I think it is nailed on.
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited October 2020

And Merkel. There have been a few funny clip of her backing away from other leaders who try to shake hands etc
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,789
    edited October 2020

I wonder how Trump has taken the diagnosis psychologically? Maybe it's his mental state that's in crisis rather than his physical state.
    Robert Moore on ITV news says if Trump goes on a ventilator s25 of the constitution will be invoked and the formal powers of the Presidency temporarily passed to VP Pence
  • geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092
    Sounds awful. I hope he pulls through.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575
    edited October 2020
    Yokes said:

Its fair to say if you are being treated with essentially experimental treatments tested on hundreds, and your wife possibly isn't using these treatments, they are worried.

The lack of a video address/tweeting suggested something was up

Carting him to hospital makes sense

His risk factor is far higher than hers.
    The experimental treatment in itself doesn’t really tell you all that much (on its own), as it’s intended to be given to patients before their condition becomes serious.

kle4 said:

There was a report the other day about how Putin basically has met anybody in person for months. He has been locked away with hardly any in person contact.

Also remember the footage early on when he didn't wear a mask, he wore a full hazmat suit on a public visit.
    Given worldwide issues with PPE I'll assume no one has suggested going the full hazmat suit as an option for most people? :)
  • Message from David Herdson.

'If [Trump] dies after I've finished my piece, I'll fucking kill him.'
    Stig has nicked my post.

The picture here is whether he gets wheeled out or walks out to the whirly bird.
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Flying not good in hypoxia.
    Be a bit early to get the hypoxia surely Doc?

Isn't that a thing that hits after a few days (as in five or more) of fighting the virus?
  • NBC says basically always uses the helicoptor for trips in the day time, as motorcade is pain in the ass.

I think that is believable, but if it was just for some precautionary tests that could wait a few hours, they would do it quietly in the middle of the night.
    rcs1000 said:

Pulpstar said:
    Of course, if you'd bought Pence last year on Betfair at 120-1 (like I suggested), you wouldn't need to...

Question.

If Trump were to be invalided out or to die, then Mike Pence becomes President. But getting a new VP requires Senatorial consent.

So who breaks deadlocks in the Senate until a new VP is appointed?
    I think the Senate would then elect a president pro tempore.

But that would just be a current Senate member so there would be no tie breaking vote.
    HYUFD said:

Robert Moore on ITV news says if Trump goes on a ventilator s25 of the constitution will be invoked and the formal powers of the Presidency temporarily passed to VP Pence

Makes sense. People got into an absolutely ridiculous flap when Boris was out of action and we don't even have that kind of presidential system so legally it wasn't a problem, so for them such a formal move would be necessary.
  • LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    I think Trump is political goner, and possibly a mortal goner (RIP - I hope I am wrong, he may be a bastard but every man's death diminishes me)

WTF does that mean? Biden must also be at severe risk.

2020 is just superb entertainment, however insane

And Merkel. There have been a few funny clip of her backing away from other leaders who try to shake hands etc
    He was starting isolation for 2 weeks just a few hours ago.
    Travelling anywhere is not a good sign.
    The extra shit that physician pumped into Trump has probably triggered a Mr Creosote event.

Seriously, though, has that stuff really done any good.... I'll take the incoming Big_G poor taste admonishment to make my point a little more colourfully.

Thinks? I think it is nailed on.
    The one thing that always annoys my father is doctors who makes diagnoses without ever seeing/dealing with the patient, he doesn't want to join that club.

dixiedean said:

Not even for POTUS.
    Doesn't he pretty much always travel by Marine One?
    You'd be right there, using a chopper is practical
    This is Boris Johnson on fast forward. Quicker the virus develops the worse the prognosis I believe too...

Any danger of a sympathy vote for Trump?

My thoughts exactly. Americans see the POTUS as a head of state as well as a politician leading the executive.

Maybe they are just doing it precautionarily, but since he's there he'll then try to get them to let him stay there for 3 days so he can rise again? The evangelicals would love it. IIRC Boris by chance was able to do the same on Easter no less.
  • Pro_Rata said:

The extra shit that physician pumped into Trump has probably triggered a Mr Creosote event.

Seriously, though, has that stuff really done any good.... I'll take the incoming Big_G poor taste admonishment to make my point a little more colourfully.

I am not going to admonish you
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    So where’s Pence? If you want to know the true state of Trump, watch Pence.
  • I presume the GE doesn't get postponed even if Trump is incapacitated? And if he dies? Is it Pence on the ticket?
This discussion has been closed.