Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

In the £105m WH2020 exchanges its Biden 62% – Trump 35% – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    Stocky said:

No sign of Trump getting on to Marine 1.

He's not walking wounded.

Just being reported that Trump walked to the helicopter wearing a mask.
    Pictures on CNN.
  • Options
    Sky showing Trump walking to the helicopter
  • Options
    Stocky said:

Scott_xP said:

https://twitter.com/notcapnamerica/status/1312146069124345858

I missed the 800/1, but took some of the 400 when the market reopened

My £2 at 800/1 is begining to look in very poor taste.
    I had £3 at 410 before realising I`d made a mistake (I think). Pelosi could be Next President but the market rules say: "next President of the United States of America as a result of the 2020 presidential election". Pelosi will not be contesting the election will she - so our bets cannot win. I don`t think.
    The only way she'd have won is if the primaries hadn't finished, she'd become incumbent, then won the primaries as incumbent.

Too late now. If its a Democrat it'd be Biden. Only way I could see it being Pelosi now is some sort of mass-catastrophe that takes out all of Trump, Pence, Biden and Harris. Pelosi becomes President, the Democrat ticket is void and she'd surely become the Democrats continuity candidate to get America through. Not going to happen.
  • Options
    Stand down everybody, just seen the video of Trump walking to Marine One, that's not somebody at death's door.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827

CNN says White House officials dont have a clue about the Presidents health crisis.

Even normal Trump insiders being kept in the dark.

Helicopter blades are now spinning.
    Oh no, his hair
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    kle4 said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Evangelicals in the US must be having mixed feelings tonight, ostensibly praying for Trump but also secretly knowing that in the event of his death Pence would take over and they would have one of their own in the White House

But would non evangelicals who like Trump be as willing to come out for the establishment Pence?
    I think he would get a pass because he would be seen as having being loyal to Trump and, also, because of the fears about what a Democrat Presidency would mean in the culture wars.

Personally, I would be less inclined to vote for Pence than Trump. You are far more likely to get a Handmaiden's Tale situation with Pence than you would have ever have gotten with Trump.
    It's not so much that I don't think he would get a pass, I just wondered about his ability to fire up the passions of the non-evangelicals.
    I think it would be the flip side of what is happening with the Democrats and Biden - they are not particularly enthused about Joe but, because they dislike Trump so much, anyone will do.

There are many people who think that, if the Democrats get in, their whole way of life and values will be swept away. They will vote for anyone to stop that.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    Scott_xP said:
    Does this suggest that they were unsure if he *could* walk unaided to the chopper?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    MrEd said:

That not what CNN are saying. They say the press pack are waiting on the South Lawn and waiting to see if they will be able to ask questions.
    I'm assuming the WH Is not stupid in knowing that, if Marine One is on the lawn, it's going to be in full sight of the press pack. So I am kind of wondering whether he is going to come out walking and actually say something.
    My guess is that he'll walk to Marine One, but not say anything.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,674

Stand down everybody, just seen the video of Trump walking to Marine One, that's not somebody at death's door.

Thank goodness, a lot of people will be feeling the strain of having to be relatively nice to him while he's sick.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

I think Trump is political goner, and possibly a mortal goner (RIP - I hope I am wrong, he may be a bastard but every man's death diminishes me)

WTF does that mean? Biden must also be at severe risk.

2020 is just superb entertainment, however insane

I hope Biden is ok but I fear he actually might be at significant risk. He also does not look like the most robust man to me (same with Trump).

Kudos to those who took the Pence bet. Even if it does not come off, it will have been proven to have been a smart move.

Re Trump, whatever you think of the man, no one should wish for someone else's death.

Not even Adolf Hitler in 1939 and for a few years beond that?
    Ok, yes, but for f*cks sake, does everything have to be reduced to Hitler (or Pol Pot)?
  • Options
    MrEd said:

kle4 said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Evangelicals in the US must be having mixed feelings tonight, ostensibly praying for Trump but also secretly knowing that in the event of his death Pence would take over and they would have one of their own in the White House

But would non evangelicals who like Trump be as willing to come out for the establishment Pence?
    I think he would get a pass because he would be seen as having being loyal to Trump and, also, because of the fears about what a Democrat Presidency would mean in the culture wars.

Personally, I would be less inclined to vote for Pence than Trump. You are far more likely to get a Handmaiden's Tale situation with Pence than you would have ever have gotten with Trump.
    It's not so much that I don't think he would get a pass, I just wondered about his ability to fire up the passions of the non-evangelicals.
    I think it would be the flip side of what is happening with the Democrats and Biden - they are not particularly enthused about Joe but, because they dislike Trump so much, anyone will do.

There are many people who think that, if the Democrats get in, their whole way of life and values will be swept away. They will vote for anyone to stop that.
    So hang on. You suggest that people not being enthused by Biden but voting for him because they hate Trump is a bad thing, but then you go onto state that people not being enthused by Trump but voting for him because they hate the Democrats is a good thing.

What?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MrEd said:

That not what CNN are saying. They say the press pack are waiting on the South Lawn and waiting to see if they will be able to ask questions.
    I'm assuming the WH Is not stupid in knowing that, if Marine One is on the lawn, it's going to be in full sight of the press pack. So I am kind of wondering whether he is going to come out walking and actually say something.
    My guess is that he'll walk to Marine One, but not say anything.
    You got it spot on.
  • Options
    Just landed in Washington
  • Options
    One thing for sure - buy shares in manufacturers of MAGA masks. A lot of people are going to need them.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

justin124 said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

I think Trump is political goner, and possibly a mortal goner (RIP - I hope I am wrong, he may be a bastard but every man's death diminishes me)

I hope Biden is ok but I fear he actually might be at significant risk. He also does not look like the most robust man to me (same with Trump).

Kudos to those who took the Pence bet. Even if it does not come off, it will have been proven to have been a smart move.

Re Trump, whatever you think of the man, no one should wish for someone else's death.

Ok, yes, but for f*cks sake, does everything have to be reduced to Hitler (or Pol Pot)?
    Wait until you find out what QAnon supporters think about and wish for to happen on Democrats.
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,200

Scott_xP said:
    Does this suggest that they were unsure if he *could* walk unaided to the chopper?
    I don't think so. but I will say this. Looking at the trees etc round that landing spot, it didn't look like a well set out landing spot. Apparently it is the normal LZ so I'm guessing the camera angles were deceptive.
  • Options
    alex_ said:

One thing for sure - buy shares in manufacturers of MAGA masks. A lot of people are going to need them.

I don't know why Trump himself did not push that a long time ago.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    Possibly. But think about this. Let's say there was a 1% chance that he would wobble or fall over (a la Hillary getting in the car that time after a speech). It would cause absolute pandemonium. Far better to play it safe.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

CNN says White House officials dont have a clue about the Presidents health crisis.

Oh no, his hair
    As an (allegedly) separate organism should not his hair also be tested for Covid-19 and be isolated from him?
  • Options
    Trump walked to the cars
  • Options

MrEd said:

justin124 said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

Wait until you find out what QAnon supporters think about and wish for to happen on Democrats.
    Well, they re nut jobs as well. Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Options
    He certainly looks in a lot better condition than Johnson did in March.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

You believed that was Trump? This is the country that faked the moon landings.
  • Options
    Trump looks fine like.
  • Options
    Yokes said:

Scott_xP said:
    I don't think so. but I will say this. Looking at the trees etc round that landing spot, it didn't look like a well set out landing spot. Apparently it is the normal LZ so I'm guessing the camera angles were deceptive.
    Yeah - it looked like it had crashed into the trees!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,390
    Scott_xP said:
    Well they’ve given little indication of knowing what’s going on with the pandemic, so no surprise there.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Trump looks fine like.

So did Boris on the first Thursday clapathon.
  • Options
    OK so not so monumental a night, got a bit carried away.

Good, hope he gets a speedy recovery so he can get the electoral hammering he so richly deserves next month.

Get will quickly.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,088
    Watching the BBC 24 hour news, if the US Networks are eulogising like Katty Kay it can only be positive for Trump, assuming he remains ok.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,947
    Scott_xP said:
    Whatever happens this is beginning to look like a superspreader event at the heart of the most powerful organisation in the world.
    Maybe folk should wash their hands, keep their distance and wear a mask?
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Trump looks fine like.

So did Boris on the first Thursday clapathon.
    Yeah - but i think at this stage the comparison is their states just prior to going into hospital. Although Johnson clearly left it way too late.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,715
    edited October 2020

Oh no, his hair
    Good job he wasn`t wearing one of those hospital gowns with his arse hanging out.
  • Options

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

So hang on. You suggest that people not being enthused by Biden but voting for him because they hate Trump is a bad thing, but then you go onto state that people not being enthused by Trump but voting for him because they hate the Democrats is a good thing.

What?
    Where the Hell did I say that? I said that many of the Trump supporters would vote for Pence because their primary motivation is fear of what the Democrats to do to their way of life. I didn't say one was good and one was bad, I was just saying that it is the same sort of motivation that drives many Democrats who would normally see Biden as a sellout to vote for him, namely to get rid of Trump.

Jesus wept.
  • Options
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

What?
    Where the Hell did I say that? I said that many of the Trump supporters would vote for Pence because their primary motivation is fear of what the Democrats to do to their way of life. I didn't say one was good and one was bad, I was just saying that it is the same sort of motivation that drives many Democrats who would normally see Biden as a sellout to vote for him, namely to get rid of Trump.

Jesus wept.
    Thanks for explaining. No need for the hysterics.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    There is a man trying to present an image that all is ok and under control.

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,957
    Scott_xP said:
    At about 0:12 -0:16 he does not look to be breathing that easily, although hidden behind the mask
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793
    He'll probably turn his Covid treatment into a reality show! :D
  • Options
    MrEd said:

justin124 said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

If you make statements which are palpably wrong you must expect people to select the clearest counterexample to prove you wrong. You: the vole is the largest living land mammal. Someone else: um - elephants? You: does it have to be all about elephants?
  • Options

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

What?

Jesus wept.
    Don't try and present yourself as the reasonable one @Gallowgate and making out I have overreacted. There was no way what I said could have been interpreted as saying one was good and one was bad unless you deliberately sort to twist it that way.
  • Options
    To be honest, in that suit he doesn't look particularly overweight to me.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,525
    I don't wish Trump ill, and anybody wanting him to die is an idiot. However, over 213,000 have died of Covid in the USA, with one of the highest death rates per million in the world. Pretty poor in the most advanced, richest major country in the world. I can't help think that Trump's awful performance throughout the crisis has contributed to that death toll. Maybe 50,000 (guesstimate) would not have lost their lives if Trump had taken it seriously and enacted good policies from the start?

As I said, I wish him no harm. But he does bear some responsibility for others' misfortune.
  • Options
    Note from the recent early stage trial of the Regeneron MAbs:

https://investor.regeneron.com/static-files/a596a85e-e72d-4529-8eb5-d52d87a99070
    No safety concerns have been noted with treatment of COVID 19 in hospitalized and ambulatory patients and prophylaxis treatment with SC formulation in both household exposed subjects and healthy volunteers.
    Few patients experienced IRRs or ISR events; mainly mild to moderate in intensity....

• Options

Good, hope he gets a speedy recovery so he can get the electoral hammering he so richly deserves next month.

Get will quickly.

Jolly sporting, but much better if he doesn't given his probable intentions if he does lose.
  • Options

MrEd said:

IshmaelZ said:

MrEd said:

LadyG said:

Not Pol Pot's or Mussolini's?

No one should express the wish for someone else's death. However it is reasonable to point out that there is a major advantage if Trump loses this election by being dead or seriously incapacitated rather than just being outvoted, which is the potential buggering about between November and January it saves the USA from (which would have the potential to cost more than just the one life).
    Do you really think Trump is the equivalent of Pol Pot? Really?

I can (just about) see why people might see him as a Mussolini.

Do you think if people came on here talking about Jeremy Corbyn being the reincarnation of Stalin, that would be acceptable?
    I would say that if you are looking for a comparison for Trump - Peron, maybe?
    Yes, probably closer actually. I wouldn't but I can see why one would...
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Get will quickly.

Jolly sporting, but much better if he doesn't given his probable intentions if he does lose.
    stay classy
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    alex_ said:

He's tall, and only just over the threshold for obesity. Suit jackets are also good for cloaking big tummies.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,867
  • Options

I don't wish Trump ill, and anybody wanting him to die is an idiot. However, over 213,000 have died of Covid in the USA, with one of the highest death rates per million in the world. Pretty poor in the most advanced, richest major country in the world. I can't help think that Trump's awful performance throughout the crisis has contributed to that death toll. Maybe 50,000 (guesstimate) would not have lost their lives if Trump had taken it seriously and enacted good policies from the start?

As I said, I wish him no harm. But he does bear some responsibility for others' misfortune.

Well, I think @Ishmael_Z does want him dead, so we have at least one on this site....
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

Scott_xP said:

No-one should bet on Pelosi (not on Betfair anyway). That market is on the 2020 election, not 'next president'. There is no way on God's earth that Pelosi wins the 2020 election. Even if Trump, Pence and Biden were ruled out (which is of itself bloody unlikely), Kamela Harris (or some to-be-identified Republican) is still ahead of her in the queue.

In the highly unlikely even that Pelosi becomes president, her term ends in January next year.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

MrEd said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

What?

Jesus wept.
    Don't try and present yourself as the reasonable one @Gallowgate and making out I have overreacted. There was no way what I said could have been interpreted as saying one was good and one was bad unless you deliberately sort to twist it that way.
    Well it was interpreted that way.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

IshmaelZ said:

Get will quickly.

stay classy
    It's just arithmetic, surely? If there's a reasonable chance that his plans are likely to cause civil unrest between November - January in which more than one person will die, the best outcome is that he pops his clogs now. Harsh, but there it is.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    The other Mr Rook, who is asthmatic and therefore an authority on breathlessness, thinks that Trump was struggling a little during that video he's just put out.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,957

The other Mr Rook, who is asthmatic and therefore an authority on breathlessness, thinks that Trump was struggling a little during that video he's just put out.

Yes I agree if you watch it closely
  • Options

Not least for continuing to wander around meeting people when he knew he was exposed to someone who was infected. Selfish idiot.
  • Options

alex_ said:

He's tall, and only just over the threshold for obesity. Suit jackets are also good for cloaking big tummies.
    Read also this is the reason for the excessively long ties.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

No-one should bet on Pelosi (not on Betfair anyway). That market is on the 2020 election, not 'next president'. There is no way on God's earth that Pelosi wins the 2020 election. Even if Trump, Pence and Biden were ruled out (which is of itself bloody unlikely), Kamela Harris (or some to-be-identified Republican) is still ahead of her in the queue.

In the highly unlikely even that Pelosi becomes president, her term ends in January next year.
    Bloody party-pooper! Yes, I just read the wording and I don't see how a bet on Pelosi (or Pence, who I am also green on) can possibly come in. Shame. I was hoping to lay it off.

You're not interested in taking it off my hands, are you? Tenner to you, my boy. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,911

• Options
    @Nigelb he really doesn’t sound like a man in the depths of dementia, does he?
  • Options
    Well the cease fire only lasted about 2hrs on CNN, it is now why didn't he talk to the press, why aren't they telling us absolutely everything about his medical situation, the American public deserve better, yet another example of this White House who don't tell the truth, etc etc etc.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Well, I think @Ishmael_Z does want him dead, so we have at least one on this site....
    Anything that keeps Trump fit enough to face the IRS in court next year is fine by me.

Trump did look ill in the video, reminiscent of Johnson prior to his hospitalisation.
  • Options

@Nigelb he really doesn’t sound like a man in the depths of dementia, does he?

Hilary crook.
    Ted Cruz liar.
    Biden mentally unsound and on drugs.
    The projection is strong.
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,200
    If you want to get a gauge about how things develop over next 72 its whether Mike Pence stays in around his official residence the whole time. If there less concern he will be allowed on tour.

If Pence stays put, then there is more worry.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Bloody party-pooper! Yes, I just read the wording and I don't see how a bet on Pelosi (or Pence, who I am also green on) can possibly come in. Shame. I was hoping to lay it off.

You're not interested in taking it off my hands, are you? Tenner to you, my boy. :)
    Pence could come in if Trump cannot stand for whatever reason and the RNC have to replace him. Pence is the logical option (even then there are complications - what is the 'projected ECV' in such circumstances, when Trump's name is on the ballots, even if no longer the formal candidate - but not insurmountable).
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Seen the video again, he does look far, far less ebullient than usual, to the point of looking like he was fronting up some difficulties.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

If Trump, Pence, Biden and Harris were somehow taken out then she would be President and in a void of alternative would likely be accepted as a continuity candidate by the Democrats.

Would require all 4 taken out pretty much simultaneously though.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

If Trump, Pence, Biden and Harris were somehow taken out then she would be President and in a void of alternative would likely be accepted as a continuity candidate by the Democrats.

This is 2020 after all.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,479
    Looks like they've suspended the market again.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:
    Very Presidential!
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

It would also potentially require Congress not to agree a successor VP.
  • Options

Nigelb said:
    Very Presidential!
    Certainly more so than the incumbent.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,479
    What time did Betfair suspend the market again?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Getting flashbacks about Johnson's precautionary visit to the hospital. Hopefully he and FLOTUS make a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
    edited October 2020
    Lots of rancour on twitter about Biden pulling negative ads, but I think it's the right move whilst Trump is in hospital.
    One of Biden's biggest strengths is his fundamental decency. His biggest weakness is probably that he's seen as simply being 'Not Trump'. Time to push the positive message from his own campaign and look like the president elect, the Lincoln project will still run attack ads anyway.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited October 2020
    HYUFD said:

twitter.com/christiancalgie/status/1312040326627028998?s=20

How many people are going to subscribe to BritBox just for Spitting Image? I guess very few. Its hardly Baby Yoda.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Getting flashbacks about Johnson's precautionary visit to the hospital. Hopefully he and FLOTUS make a speedy recovery.

Indeed.
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 4,740
    Pulpstar said:

Lots of rancour on twitter about Biden pulling negative ads, but I think it's the right move whilst Trump is in hospital.
    One of Biden's biggest strengths is his fundamental decency. His biggest weakness is probably that he's seen as simply being 'Not Trump'. Time to push the positive message from his own campaign and look like the president elect, the Lincoln project will still run attack ads anyway.

The Trump campaign isn’t doing the same and are continuing with the attack ads . If Trump makes a full recovery I expect him to milk it , saying he’s found redemption give loads of interviews and play the martyr .
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:
    Very Presidential!
    Certainly more so than the incumbent.
    It sounded OK in its own right, I thought.

Nonetheless, head and shoulders above any presentation by POTUS.
  • Options
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,763
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,763
    HYUFD said:
    Don't think it's that good to be honest
  • Options
    CatMan said:
    I have just read the reports of Trump's reaction to hearing the news he has contracted Covid. It didn't sound like he was particularly brave.

A little ironic in the light of his total disregard for an excess of 200,000 dead in the USA.
This discussion has been closed.