Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » As schools close down for an indefinite period it looks as tho

Comments

• PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842

Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

You've got to be shitting me.

Is for funerals, cremations, and the like.
    Should be limited to undertakers and grave diggers if the Gov't wants to take it seriously.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

Should be limited to undertakers and grave diggers if the Gov't wants to take it seriously.
    Silly comment. You might not want any religion at your funeral but most do, I believe.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,722
    whunter said:

MaxPB said:

Someone needs to make a browser extension with puts up a huge warning on websites of companies that have fired all of their staff like Britannia hotels and Cineworld. Fuck those companies.

No one in the private sector would be entirely safe from the ensuing witch hunt.

Personally, I would let businesses make their own decisions; concede that the state needs to do more in terms of providing a social safety net, particularly in times of national emergency, tax high earners accordingly.
    I only see the 'front of house' staff in Cineworld but I get the very strong impression that they are all temporary and/or casual.
    Clearly there must be permanent staff.
  • Floater said:

Boris Johnson is expected to announce the shut down of London today with bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and cafes all ordered to close.

Shops considered ‘non-essential’ such as clothing stores are also likely to be forced to shut their doors in an attempt to curb coronavirus in the capital.

Well-placed sources said the Prime Minister would make the announcement at his afternoon press conference. London’s mayor Sadiq Khan is expected to make a separate statement.

It's high time for him to ditch the stiff-upper-lip-kabuki and get real. He needs to take a step forward.
    I don’t think Boris is doing that bad a job in the circumstances but what I would say is it does feel he’s being buffeted by events a little.

No school closures turns into school closures 24 hours later. No London lockdown (possibly) turns into London lockdown etc.

If these things are coming down the road in a days time, I don’t really see the reason why it hasn’t just been done. Not sure 24 hours makes a huge amount of difference.
    Doing a lockdown as a process rather than one singular event might make some sense if the additional time is utilised for sensible preperations rather than mere prevaricating.
    This, of course, is not a Brexit related comment in any fashion.

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

Silly comment. You might not want any religion at your funeral but most do, I believe.
    It's not about what anyone "wants" at this point in time.
  • eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,861

Andy_JS said:

Germany: an extra 2,456 cases today and 4 deaths. Takes the totals to 17,776 and 48.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Fewer new cases than the previous two days - restrictions having an effect?
    Do you know that your "new cases" is for a 24 hour period, or might it have increased again by the end of today?
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Andy_JS said:

It's obvious that one big lockdown isn't going to work because when you release people the virus will still be around. That's why the herd immunity idea was proposed in the first place. Also the 1918 flu graph shows that the worst peak was the second one.

A big lockdown now is the only way to deal with being caught off guard like this. the West was completely unprepared. You will cause many many more needless deaths without these measures. Then, once the peak has passed, restrictions can slowly be lifted, social distancing maintained but not full lockdown, cases will rise but slower, people will be aware of the dangers, flights will be monitored and screened, and the healthcare system won't be submerged. You buy time for various drugs to manage symptoms, buy time to ramp up production of testing kits, protective gear, beds and ventilators. A vaccine in the longer term too.
    The question is would the western public accepted a total lockdown immediately. Asia has gone through the likes of SARS, they get it.

Here, despite wall to wall coverage, large parts of society don't seem to think this is serious. I am not sure they would have agreed to go into lockdown when the very first few cases appeared and the dominant view was it is just flu.
    Yes that is one of the big problems. In France and Italy there are still many people ignoring lockdown or not taking it seriously enough. The army will almost certainly be called in to enforce measures more strictly. Hopefully we all learn for next time, complacency on the parts of Western governments and western citizens.
    Problem is if the social distancing or a lockdown succeeds then many will look back and say "all that and look how few died, what was the point in that for a flu?" without getting the point that if we hadn't had the distancing etc not happened.
    The answer to that would have been to simply point at Italy.
    Even now with Italy you see idiots who should know better saying stuff like that. If it doesn't affect one of their loved ones they don't care - and if it does then it will be the government's fault no doubt.
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,678

From what I gather schools are hardly "closing". It's more of a paper exercise. Everyone seems to be a key worker.

My wife is ranting and raving.... "Annabelle is still going to school, but her dad could work from home, it's only mum that is the nurse etc etc."

Our school of 240 pupils has 47 turning up next Monday. So 20%.
  • eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,861

Are musicians key workers?

Yes: D-minor. :lol:
    MaxPB said:

Someone needs to make a browser extension with puts up a huge warning on websites of companies that have fired all of their staff like Britannia hotels and Cineworld. Fuck those companies.

Are they still taking money from online sales? Despite the latter closing?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,774

Andy_JS said:

Germany: an extra 2,456 cases today and 4 deaths. Takes the totals to 17,776 and 48.

Germany is catching more asymptomatic cases, so it's possible there will be a smaller time gap between the real infection peak, and when it shows up in statistics.
  • whunterwhunter Posts: 60
    Strange we haven't heard much from patel4witham recently
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    edited March 2020

MaxPB said:

Cineworld are planning on taking my next Cineworld unlimited payment at the start of April, but after that the monthly payments will be paused until the cinemas reopen.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    I expect that will be dropped soon enough given how immigration will have dropped to zero.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Floater said:

Boris Johnson is expected to announce the shut down of London today with bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and cafes all ordered to close.

Shops considered ‘non-essential’ such as clothing stores are also likely to be forced to shut their doors in an attempt to curb coronavirus in the capital.

Well-placed sources said the Prime Minister would make the announcement at his afternoon press conference. London’s mayor Sadiq Khan is expected to make a separate statement.

So the direct opposite of what he said yesterday.
    I thought he was talking about travel yesterday
  • kamskikamski Posts: 4,199

Andy_JS said:

Maybe, if that's today's final figure, or maybe labs running out of the chemicals needed to do tests. It would be useful to have testing numbers.

BTW the worldometers figure for numbers in serious or critical condition in Germany is 2. This is obviously wrong, there's at least 5 people in intensive care just in Cologne.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

My impression is you'll be bloody lucky to get anything describable as a funeral, never mind the religion.
    eristdoof said:

Andy_JS said:

Do you know that your "new cases" is for a 24 hour period, or might it have increased again by the end of today?
    Ah no, very good point - I don't know that. It's not really my new cases, rather Worldometer's.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/
    Two more senators made hefty stock sales before the coronavirus pandemic tanked global markets, records revealed as two other lawmakers who dumped millions in shares faced mounting calls to resign.

Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Jim Inhofe sold as much as $6.4 million worth of stock in the weeks before panic about the coronavirus sparked a worldwide selloff, according to disclosure filings first reported by the New York Times.

The additional revelations came amid widespread outrage toward GOP Sens. Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler, who reportedly sold shares after getting briefings on the coronavirus threat.
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    8400 UK tests yesterday, getting there.
  • sladeslade Posts: 1,921
    I can no longer get TV on the BBC website. Is this a general situation?
    edited March 2020
    IshmaelZ said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

My impression is you'll be bloody lucky to get anything describable as a funeral, never mind the religion.
    To go back to the original point from @Pulpstar - religious workers are treated as key, but so are social workers and charity workers... I suspect religious workers could qualify under either of those headings.
    Floater said:

Two more senators made hefty stock sales before the coronavirus pandemic tanked global markets, records revealed as two other lawmakers who dumped millions in shares faced mounting calls to resign.

Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Jim Inhofe sold as much as $6.4 million worth of stock in the weeks before panic about the coronavirus sparked a worldwide selloff, according to disclosure filings first reported by the New York Times.

The additional revelations came amid widespread outrage toward GOP Sens. Richard Burr and Kelly Loeffler, who reportedly sold shares after getting briefings on the coronavirus threat.

3 Rs, 1D

Ms Finestein was very foolish
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    First I find out Netflix and YouTube are restricting, now this...

Television channels are scrambling to commission new programmes suitable for a stay-at-home audience, with Channel 4 today announcing that it has commissioned Jamie Oliver to present a daily show providing tips for cooking simple recipes in a crisis.

The programme, entitled Keep Cooking and Carry On, will be broadcast every weekday next week at 5.30pm – with Oliver pledging to teach people “how to make the most from kitchen staples and how to be creative with whatever ingredients they’ve got at home”.
    Andrew said:

8400 UK tests yesterday, getting there.

Link?
    A major London hospital has declared a “critical incident” due to a surge in patients with coronavirus, HSJ reports.

In a message to staff, Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow said it has no critical care capacity left and was contacting neighbouring hospitals to discuss transferring patients who need critical care to other sites.

The message, sent last night, said:

I am writing to let you know that we have this evening declared a ‘critical incident’ in relation to our critical care capacity at Northwick Park Hospital. This is due to an increasing number of patients with Covid-19.

This means that we currently do not have enough space for patients requiring critical care.

As part of our system resilience plans, we have contacted our partners in the North West London sector this evening to assist with the safe transfer of patients off of the Northwick Park site.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,722
    whunter said:

I've read her 'sorry' statement to the House, basically because I was directed to it after writing her, as my MP, saying how badly I thought thew Windrush people had been treated,
    To my mind the statement is much, much more than a simple "sorry'; there's evidence of a new broom at the Home Office, alt least on this. The full statement is on the gov.uk site under "Windrush Lessons Learned Review". It seems a very comprehensive statement, although I doubt she should have been as generous as she was to her predecessors, especially the one in the Coalition.

Television channels are scrambling to commission new programmes suitable for a stay-at-home audience, with Channel 4 today announcing that it has commissioned Jamie Oliver to present a daily show providing tips for cooking simple recipes in a crisis.

The programme, entitled Keep Cooking and Carry On, will be broadcast every weekday next week at 5.30pm – with Oliver pledging to teach people “how to make the most from kitchen staples and how to be creative with whatever ingredients they’ve got at home”.

Should have been called World of Pasta.

Floater said:

It's high time for him to ditch the stiff-upper-lip-kabuki and get real. He needs to take a step forward.
    I don’t think Boris is doing that bad a job in the circumstances but what I would say is it does feel he’s being buffeted by events a little.

No school closures turns into school closures 24 hours later. No London lockdown (possibly) turns into London lockdown etc.

If these things are coming down the road in a days time, I don’t really see the reason why it hasn’t just been done. Not sure 24 hours makes a huge amount of difference.
    It's a tough one.

Imagine if the government, ten days ago, had implemented a complete shut down of the UK. It would been met with howls of anguish, and been regarded as disproportionate, etc.

Now, imagine it had announced it was going to implement one... Well, then you'd have had Italian chaos.

There are no easy answers. I think Boris and Co deserve a B for their work. They probably could have amoved slightly quicker this week, but overall they've dealt with a fluid situation reasonably well.
    With all this going on I am still getting spoofed number silent calls, presumably for some scam or other. The mentality of some people is hard to fathom at times.

MaxPB said:

Cineworld are planning on taking my next Cineworld unlimited payment at the start of April, but after that the monthly payments will be paused until the cinemas reopen.
    And.... is payment in arrears or in advance?

Whilst they need support, and even their terms and conditions say so, if they take payment then they need to provide a service. What are they going to provide?
  • Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    Does it make me a terrible person to ask whether, given this is US data, there is any info on the weight and fitness of those younger people...?
    This looks worrying. According to the BBC:

"...the number of confirmed cases across Africa has increased to around 850 - almost six times the number recorded just a week ago."

If confirmed, a six-fold increase in a week doesn't bode well for Africa.
  • whunterwhunter Posts: 60
    Floater said:

A major London hospital has declared a “critical incident” due to a surge in patients with coronavirus, HSJ reports.

In a message to staff, Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow said it has no critical care capacity left and was contacting neighbouring hospitals to discuss transferring patients who need critical care to other sites.

The message, sent last night, said:

I am writing to let you know that we have this evening declared a ‘critical incident’ in relation to our critical care capacity at Northwick Park Hospital. This is due to an increasing number of patients with Covid-19.

This means that we currently do not have enough space for patients requiring critical care.

As part of our system resilience plans, we have contacted our partners in the North West London sector this evening to assist with the safe transfer of patients off of the Northwick Park site.

And so it begins
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900

Link?

Just the gov announcements day to day:
    https://twitter.com/search?q=a total of have been tested from:DHSCgovuk&src=typed_query&f=live

Although now I look at it, 64621 was at 1pm yesterday, 56221 the day before was a 9am figure. Maybe that boosted it.

Supposedly they are going for 10k/day now, then try boost it to 25k.

whunter said:

I've read her 'sorry' statement to the House, basically because I was directed to it after writing her, as my MP, saying how badly I thought thew Windrush people had been treated,
    To my mind the statement is much, much more than a simple "sorry'; there's evidence of a new broom at the Home Office, alt least on this. The full statement is on the gov.uk site under "Windrush Lessons Learned Review". It seems a very comprehensive statement, although I doubt she should have been as generous as she was to her predecessors, especially the one in the Coalition.
    Good for her.
    BBC:

"England death toll up to 167

A further 39 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 167, NHS England said."
    Interesting, though presumably this is people following routes using Citymapper, so difficult to say if it is truly representative.

Are there still any tourists in London?

Does it make me a terrible person to ask whether, given this is US data, there is any info on the weight and fitness of those younger people...?
    Some of the things I have seen from America are of fit looking professionals
    Moscow... lots of public transport. They could be hammered.
  • justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

HYUFD said:

Technically the Democratic nomination has not been resolved, Biden still needs 800 delegates or so to be nominee though he is likely to be. Trump passed the threshold of delegates needed to be GOP nominee on Tuesday.
    Labour leadership election at least to be decided in early April still ongoing

The LAB leadership ballot closes on Wednesday with he result at next weekend. If it is not Starmer then many will be claiming it is a fix.
    I reckon the opposite might apply, too.
    The result is due 2 weeks tomorrow - 4th April.

That is an utterly appalling thing to say, and I am disgusted at you. "given these are US data," please.
  • AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    IshmaelZ said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

That's my impression too. I paid for my funeral years ago - so that's one type of insurance that may well pay off for the insurers now!

Good afternoon, everyone.
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good afternoon, Miss JGP.
    rcs1000 said:

The virus is barely in Russia.
  • SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    rcs1000 said:

It's a tough one.

Imagine if the government, ten days ago, had implemented a complete shut down of the UK. It would been met with howls of anguish, and been regarded as disproportionate, etc.

Now, imagine it had announced it was going to implement one... Well, then you'd have had Italian chaos.

There are no easy answers. I think Boris and Co deserve a B for their work. They probably could have amoved slightly quicker this week, but overall they've dealt with a fluid situation reasonably well.

The one thing working in the governments favour is that when total lockdown comes, and it will of course, then within a couple of weeks there won't be many wishing they'd had the opportunity to extend the experience.

It feels to me like they are waiting off as long as possible for the public clamour for a hard response to build and then the hammer will come down.

If they'd gone too early I think there would have been that typical British response of just chinning it off.
    Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

How do you know that?
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,059

BBC:

"England death toll up to 167

A further 39 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in England to 167, NHS England said."

About the same as yesterday
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043

Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

How do you know that?
    If they aren't battling it, then we can expect Putin to get up to something with US, EU and UK all focused on this massive crisis.
  • MaxPB said:

Whilst they need support, and even their terms and conditions say so, if they take payment then they need to provide a service. What are they going to provide?
    It is in advance.
  • Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

The virus is barely (recognised and detected) in Russia.

Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

How do you know that?
    If they aren't battling it, then we can expect Putin to get up to something with US, EU and UK all focused on this massive crisis.
    Hard to see why it won't affect Russia as much as anywhere else in Europe.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,043
    SunnyJim said:

rcs1000 said:

It's a tough one.

The one thing working in the governments favour is that when total lockdown comes, and it will of course, then within a couple of weeks there won't be many wishing they'd had the opportunity to extend the experience.

It feels to me like they are waiting off as long as possible for the public clamour for a hard response to build and then the hammer will come down.

If they'd gone too early I think there would have been that typical British response of just chinning it off.
    I am assuming the boffins have been advised as to how terrible such restrictions are on humans, who are social animals. The longer they can hold off, the better, and also gives time for a bit more of her immunity to build.

MaxPB said:

It is in advance.
    Sounds like you need a lawyer :wink:
    kinabalu said:
    God, this is happening fast.

I am reminded again of Hemingway on how he went bankrupt: gradually, then suddenly.
    One of the joys of the US is that I was able to spend $19 and buy a jar with 225 500mg paracetamol in it.
    IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

I am reminded again of Hemingway on how he went bankrupt: gradually, then suddenly.
    This is what they said in Italy...it was quiet, quiet, nothing to see, what's all the fuss about, then the bomb went off.
    Timing of Sunak's announcement today anyone?
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    F1: apparently, F1 teams will be manufacturing ventilators:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51975690

Most F1 teams are based in the UK, so this is quite handy.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851
    edited March 2020

"...the number of confirmed cases across Africa has increased to around 850 - almost six times the number recorded just a week ago."

Big populations. Dense living. Weak states. Poor health systems. Africa is not much discussed over here - is it ever? - but it is surely facing a calamity.
    edited March 2020
    kinabalu said:

Big populations. Dense living. Weak states. Poor health systems. Africa is not much discussed over here - is it ever? - but it is surely facing a calamity.
    I think they are going to be "testing" the iceberg / herd immunity theories....
    edited March 2020
    IshmaelZ said:

That is an utterly appalling thing to say, and I am disgusted at you. "given these are US data," please.
    I am so sorry. I shall voluntarily self isolate at ConservativeHome as penance.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,772
    kinabalu said:

Big populations. Dense living. Weak states. Poor health systems. Africa is not much discussed over here - is it ever? - but it is surely facing a calamity?
    All they can hope is that the humidity and climate can save them. A very young population will also help but the level of medical care will in many cases offset even that.
    kinabalu said:

Large portions of the population with existing medical conditions like AIDS.

It could be horrendous - as it is in Iran.
    Surely Boris is going to have to go much further than telling Tim Martin to shut the pub this afternoon? It is clear that London is getting out of control.
    kinabalu said:

Yes. No question. And India.
    Salmond Jury has now been out for more than 2 hours. I am not sure how long they will sit tonight. Under normal circumstances this would be continued about now until Monday but there must be a real worry how many of the Jury might be self isolating by then.
    edited March 2020

IshmaelZ said:

The apology should sufice - we all say silly things at times (except me obvs.)

It's not time to leave yet @Time_to_Leave!
    DavidL said:

Salmond Jury has now been out for more than 2 hours. I am not sure how long they will sit tonight. Under normal circumstances this would be continued about now until Monday but there must be a real worry how many of the Jury might be self isolating by then.

I am amazed how quickly they have got through the trial given my general impression of number and gravity of charges, it felt like a 4 week job. Perhaps they have hurried it for reasons you suggest?
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,343
    DavidL said:

Any pressure on a jury over the time they take is a ground of appeal. Judges will never do it. Making them sit too late ditto.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

Officially.
  • DAlexanderDAlexander Posts: 815
    kinabalu said:

I read that only 3% of Africans are over 65, so that should help a lot.

I think we'll find out from there whether the herd immunity scheme had any merit.
    IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

London seems to have rocketed through this. It wasn't supposed to be at a peak for weeks yet.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851

Yes, I suppose that's right.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961
    Floater said:

Their defence will be that they read pb.com.....
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,004
    edited March 2020

IshmaelZ said:

Please do not do that. We all misjudge things sometimes

Northwick Park Harrow declared critical incident due to surge in covid 19 cases

London looks very serious

IshmaelZ said:

Thank god for that. Would have been a novelty to be the wet liberal in the room though.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,286
    edited March 2020

There are 692 episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H, each lasting 45 minutes. So no need to panic in terms of things to do over the next few weeks and months.

kinabalu said:

Young populations though. If you're old in a South African township your immune system is probably tough as old boots mind.
    DavidL said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

London seems to have rocketed through this. It wasn't supposed to be at a peak for weeks yet.
    It probably isn't.
  • DAlexanderDAlexander Posts: 815
    Floater said:

I know lots of people who dumped their shares back when this story started, it was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention. I don't like the idea that politicians have to take a loss on all their finances, just because they are more up to date on what is happening.

It also says "the weeks before panic", so it wasn't in response to a particular piece of inside information they were all given.

IshmaelZ said:

Thank god for that. Would have been a novelty to be the wet liberal in the room though.
    A bit like logging on here in the late evening lol!

IshmaelZ said:

Please do not do that. We all misjudge things sometimes

Northwick Park Harrow declared critical incident due to surge in covid 19 cases

London looks very serious
    The terrifying thing is that you’d think London would be best served of anywhere in the U.K., given the number of hospitals with a national role.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,961

Presumably this one has to be to the House, and not at the daily Boris briefing?
    DavidL said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

Well - if my in laws are anything to go by the social distancing thing isn't being taken seriously enough in London
    algarkirk said:

DavidL said:

Any pressure on a jury over the time they take is a ground of appeal. Judges will never do it. Making them sit too late ditto.
    I agree there will be no pressure and they have had a demanding day listening to the defence speech and the Judge's charge as well. I would guess about 5.30 would be the cut off point. We can lose 1 or even 2. The legal minimum is 12.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,546

Floater said:

Boris Johnson is useless. We need someone who is serious and competent and who can exercise leadership. It's frustrating. We are stuck with him and so need him to do his best possible. It's a matter of life and death.
    edited March 2020

Presumably this one has to be to the House, and not at the daily Boris briefing?
    I thought that but is the House sitting today, as it's Friday (and it's not as if there's any kind of emergency going on)?

No business on a Friday? Speaker might be writing another tweet.
    IshmaelZ said:

DavidL said:

I am amazed how quickly they have got through the trial given my general impression of number and gravity of charges, it felt like a 4 week job. Perhaps they have hurried it for reasons you suggest?
    I don't want to make comments on it for professional reasons but it was quite a pared back Crown case. Basically the women and limited corroboration. No attempt to paint a bigger picture etc.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618
    JM1 said:

Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

It probably isn't.
    Agreed. Two weeks until it peaks in London if we properly lock down. So many thousands of additional cases. WIll be interesting to see if the demographics do help though, as there are substantially fewer younger people in greater London.
    You mean substantially more younger people I think
  • OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,911
    Pulpstar said:

rcs1000 said:

I bet it is, they are just not testing
This discussion has been closed.