Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » As schools close down for an indefinite period it looks as tho

SystemSystem Posts: 11,004
edited March 2020 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » As schools close down for an indefinite period it looks as though a London lockdown is not far off

It is now very likely – though not formally decided and definite – that London cinemas pubs restaurants and gyms will be told to close, I’m told.This follows Evening Standard story: https://t.co/rSNpbgL1CH

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,919
    First.

(Sorry @SquareRoot - it was for the greater good.)
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,325
    Oi!!!
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    3rd like our planet from the Sun.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    edited March 2020
    Technically the Democratic nomination has not been resolved, Biden still needs 800 delegates or so to be nominee though he is likely to be. Trump passed the threshold of delegates needed to be GOP nominee on Tuesday.
    Labour leadership election at least to be decided in early April still ongoing
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Lock em up, lock em up, build a wall and make them pay for it.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Total abject failure.
  • Options
    From what I gather schools are hardly "closing". It's more of a paper exercise. Everyone seems to be a key worker.
  • Options
    I'm still chuffed that I'm classed as a key worker.
  • Options
    In terms of Covid 19 the UK is still in line with most of the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Germany which are not yet in full lockdown.
    France, Italy, Belgium, Ireland, California, China and South Korea are in full lockdown.
    The Netherlands though it seems is still pursuing herd immunity and still leaving schools open for example
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Do you work for Timpsons?
    A bank.
  • Options

From what I gather schools are hardly "closing". It's more of a paper exercise. Everyone seems to be a key worker.

Not really if they do not work for a key public sector organisation or eg retail bank
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    DougSeal said:

eek said:

HYUFD said:
    The last paragraph of that article is correct, the next French Presidental election is Le Pen's to lose.
    And lose it she will.
    It is more likely than not, at the moment, that you are right. But there have now been two occasions when France has had to be saved from a Le Pen by the left holding their noses in a runoff. I don't know how long that can continue.
    Forever probably. The whole point of a run off is to have to hold their nose and make a choice.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    HYUFD said:

Technically the Democratic nomination has not been resolved, Biden still needs 800 delegates or so to be nominee though he is likely to be. Trump passed the threshold of delegates needed to be GOP nominee on Tuesday.

The LAB leadership ballot closes on Wednesday with he result at next weekend. If it is not Starmer then many will be claiming it is a fix.
  • Options
    The BoE has cancelled the 2020 stress tests, which is nice of them.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

A bank.
    So the people that make keys are not key workers.

Nice that people in IT are key workers.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

A bank.

I'm not in IT, I actually work for a living.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Not really if they do not work for a key public sector organisation or eg retail bank
    Yer in a dream world.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819

Andy_JS said:

It's obvious that one big lockdown isn't going to work because when you release people the virus will still be around. That's why the herd immunity idea was proposed in the first place. Also the 1918 flu graph shows that the worst peak was the second one.

A big lockdown now is the only way to deal with being caught off guard like this. the West was completely unprepared. You will cause many many more needless deaths without these measures. Then, once the peak has passed, restrictions can slowly be lifted, social distancing maintained but not full lockdown, cases will rise but slower, people will be aware of the dangers, flights will be monitored and screened, and the healthcare system won't be submerged. You buy time for various drugs to manage symptoms, buy time to ramp up production of testing kits, protective gear, beds and ventilators. A vaccine in the longer term too.
    The question is would the western public accepted a total lockdown immediately. Asia has gone through the likes of SARS, they get it.

Here, despite wall to wall coverage, large parts of society don't seem to think this is serious. I am not sure they would have agreed to go into lockdown when the very first few cases appeared and the dominant view was it is just flu.
    Yes that is one of the big problems. In France and Italy there are still many people ignoring lockdown or not taking it seriously enough. The army will almost certainly be called in to enforce measures more strictly. Hopefully we all learn for next time, complacency on the parts of Western governments and western citizens.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,552

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

A bank.

Really, I thought you were a lawyer?
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,348

Flipside, school attendance has been falling off a cliff anyway this week, at least in the small Yorkshire town where I am instead of Romford.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,964
    Mr. Eagles, all* your genes are belong to her?

Hope she's ok.

*Half, obviously.

Mr. Smithson, do you think there's a plausible chance Starmer could lose? I put a tiny sum on RLB on the basis of much Twitter chatter about voting papers going undelivered.
  • Options
    matthiasfromhamburgmatthiasfromhamburg Posts: 957
    edited March 2020
    HYUFD said:

In terms of Covid 19 the UK is still in line with most of the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Germany which are not yet in full lockdown.
    France, Italy, Belgium, Ireland, California, China and South Korea are in full lockdown.
    The Netherlands though it seems is still pursuing herd immunity and still leaving schools open for example

The situation is fluent, though, and there is a clear trend.
    Over here, for example, Bavaria, Hesse, Thuringia, the Saarland and Rhineland-Palatinate have declared over the last hours that they will proceed to tighten restrictions. The federal government will declare the full lockdown on Sunday, maybe even earlier.
    In the Netherlands a lot of ordinary Dutchmen are beginning to ponder whether to pursue a new government rather than 'herd immunity'.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

A bank.

In a bank? If you’re not running the canteen or cleaning the bogs you really don’t.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Yer in a dream world.
    The list is here, on no definition is it everyone

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

A bank.

The much grander Head of Regulatory Affairs.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,233
    Did anyone else see the map in the Standard story in this thread's header, showing incidence by London borough, and think Bakerloo Line?
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, all* your genes are belong to her?

Hope she's ok.

*Half, obviously.

Mr. Smithson, do you think there's a plausible chance Starmer could lose? I put a tiny sum on RLB on the basis of much Twitter chatter about voting papers going undelivered.

That's someone else's mother.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606
    Someone needs to make a browser extension with puts up a huge warning on websites of companies that have fired all of their staff like Britannia hotels and Cineworld. Fuck those companies.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Andy_JS said:

It's obvious that one big lockdown isn't going to work because when you release people the virus will still be around. That's why the herd immunity idea was proposed in the first place. Also the 1918 flu graph shows that the worst peak was the second one.

A big lockdown now is the only way to deal with being caught off guard like this. the West was completely unprepared. You will cause many many more needless deaths without these measures. Then, once the peak has passed, restrictions can slowly be lifted, social distancing maintained but not full lockdown, cases will rise but slower, people will be aware of the dangers, flights will be monitored and screened, and the healthcare system won't be submerged. You buy time for various drugs to manage symptoms, buy time to ramp up production of testing kits, protective gear, beds and ventilators. A vaccine in the longer term too.
    The question is would the western public accepted a total lockdown immediately. Asia has gone through the likes of SARS, they get it.

Here, despite wall to wall coverage, large parts of society don't seem to think this is serious. I am not sure they would have agreed to go into lockdown when the very first few cases appeared and the dominant view was it is just flu.
    Yes that is one of the big problems. In France and Italy there are still many people ignoring lockdown or not taking it seriously enough. The army will almost certainly be called in to enforce measures more strictly. Hopefully we all learn for next time, complacency on the parts of Western governments and western citizens.
    Problem is if the social distancing or a lockdown succeeds then many will look back and say "all that and look how few died, what was the point in that for a flu?" without getting the point that if we hadn't had the distancing etc not happened.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

A bank.

Lol! What next in your glittering career - Director of Ugandan Relations?
  • Options

I'm not at all surprised that I'm classed as a key worker. My wife working as a student TA in school was a given as such. Our kids finish today - we can manage a WFH around them.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Someone needs to make a browser extension with puts up a huge warning on websites of companies that have fired all of their staff like Britannia hotels and Cineworld. Fuck those companies.

As if I'd ever stay in a Britannia.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Problem is if the social distancing or a lockdown succeeds then many will look back and say "all that and look how few died, what was the point in that for a flu?" without getting the point that if we hadn't had the distancing etc not happened.
    The answer to that would have been to simply point at Italy.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

One day, if you save up and stop wasting money on pineapple pizzas.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

A bank.

Lol! What next in your glittering career - Director of Ugandan Relations?
    I did ask to be appointed Grand Poobah
  • Options
    Been out on a hunting expedition (Waitrose) so just catching-up.

When is the Rishi announcement expected to be made?
  • Options
    I'm a key worker, my kids are all grown up. Anybody want to buy their places off me?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606

MaxPB said:

I'd never heard of them before yesterday, they sound terrible, which reflects the management I guess.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

The answer to that would have been to simply point at Italy.
    Edit: Oh sorry, I misread that as "had succeeded". But a moot point now. The horse has bolted and deaths will now be high whatever we do.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

I suspect we may be able to point them to the US and say, look what could have happened. :disappointed:
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

I'd never heard of them before yesterday, they sound terrible, which reflects the management I guess.
    I think they've won the worst hotel group award for the last seven years.

Back in 2002 I stayed in the Britannia Manchester (because everywhere else was sold out in Manchester City Centre.)

I checked out an hour after I checked in, and ended up getting a hotel at the airport instead.

I still have nightmares.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:
    Seems fair enough to me. What's the alternative?
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Andy_JS said:

I suspect we may be able to point them to the US and say, look what could have happened. :disappointed:
    At the moment the Netherlands is the western nation least pursuing social distancing and least close to lockdown, not the USA
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

twitter.com/johnjohnstonmi/status/1241008468393369600

How deeply unimpressive.
    What's wrong with it? If you were forecast to get good grades you will get them, if you weren't, you can have another go in a few months. Seems fair enough to me under the circumstances.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,707
    Jonathan said:
    What`s unimpressive about it? What else could be done?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    HYUFD said:

At the moment the Netherlands is the western nation least close to lockdown, not the USA

It's state by state in America, I suppose. California out of the blocks first.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

At the moment the Netherlands is the western nation least pursuing social distancing and least close to lockdown, not the USA
    But at least the Netherlands have a comprehensive health system.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, ahem, missed the Twitter bit, obviously.

I still hope your mother's ok, though.
  • Options

I'm not at all surprised that I'm classed as a key worker. My wife working as a student TA in school was a given as such. Our kids finish today - we can manage a WFH around them.
    My wife says I`m a key worker. I think she just means that I work and she doesn`t.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Back in 2002 I stayed in the Britannia Manchester (because everywhere else was sold out in Manchester City Centre.)

I checked out an hour after I checked in, and ended up getting a hotel at the airport instead.

I still have nightmares.
    Dean Clough Travelodge in Halifax has to be a contender for the worst hotel in the UK award. I particularly like the fact that they give you your breakfast in a bag as you check-in. Classy.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,898
    edited March 2020

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.
    What's wrong with it? If you were forecast to get good grades you will get them, if you weren't, you can have another go in a few months. Seems fair enough to me under the circumstances.
    Yes, I thought that. Another way of looking at it is that if you want to challenge your forecast grade you can do so in the autumn.

What isn't clear from that post whether you can 'bank' the higher grade i.e. if you are forecast a B and challenge it via an exam in the hope of an A and then get a C does the B stand?
  • Options

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.
    Yes, I thought that. Another way of looking at it is that if you want to challenge your forecast grade you can do so in the autumn.

What isn't clear from that post whether you can 'bank' the higher grade i.e. if you are forecast a B and challenge it via an exam in the hope of an A and then get a C does the B stand?
    That`s a good point
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    Jonathan said:

Is he an ex con then?
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, ahem, missed the Twitter bit, obviously.

I still hope your mother's ok, though.

She's stressing like mad at the moment.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    Stocky said:

My wife says I`m a key worker. I think she just means that I work and she doesn`t.
    Does someone who cuts you a new set of Chubbs count as a key worker?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Flipside, school attendance has been falling off a cliff anyway this week, at least in the small Yorkshire town where I am instead of Romford.
    Here in Essex too - even in a school for children with severe needs the parents have been voting with their feet - so have a number of staff tbh
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.

Sounds like could be similar to final rounds of Bullseye? Is there also the chance to win a speed boat or a static caravan?

In all seriousness, I think that is a decent point.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,799

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

I still have nightmares.
    Dean Clough Travelodge in Halifax has to be a contender for the worst hotel in the UK award. I particularly like the fact that they give you your breakfast in a bag as you check-in. Classy.
    Did your room have that 100 year old carpet smell that pervades the rest of the mill complex?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,955
    edited March 2020

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.

I hope they'll let them do that, especially as many were probably hoping to improve their grade based on their final exam.
  • Options
    FPT:
    justin124 said:

Foxy said:

Stocky said:

kinabalu said:

Barnesian said:

FTSE up 2%.
    Dow futures indicate Dow will open 1% up.

But some bottom fishing going on. Some of the hardest hit sectors are showing big gains.
    Go-Ahead, the bus company that I bought shares in yesterday is up 12% today.
    I have a feeling that yesterday was maximum panic day. News from now on will be more positive than negative.

I'm buying now.
    The key will be to avoid buying shares in companies that literally won`t make it through all of this. This fear is why the FTSE250 index has been hit even harder than the FTSE100.

FTSE250 includes the101st - 350th largest companies. If you can find companies in that range which will very likely survive then they would be the ones to consider buying now.

I`d also say be careful of high dividend-paying companies. These companies are unlikely IMO to be able to maintain the dividend at the current level (if at all). When these companies admit this this will drive their shares down again for sure.
    The general trend over the last few weeks is for weekend news and anxieties to cause drops at the beginning of the week, with soft recoveries as the week goes on, and great volatility.

The bottom of a bear market is usually months or years rather than weeks after the peak. I cannot see it being greatly different even in these unusual circumstances.
    Not in 1987 from memory.
    I knew 1987, I lived through 1987... 2020 is no 1987.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Jonathan said:
    Seems fair enough to me. What's the alternative?
    Thousands of super-swotty courseworky types nationwide have just been handed a seven-month holiday

Been out on a hunting expedition (Waitrose) so just catching-up.

When is the Rishi announcement expected to be made?

How was Waitrose? I'm thinking of switching to it. We normally shop at Sainsbury's because it's a mile nearer but it's eternal chaos in there.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

I still have nightmares.
    Did your room have that 100 year old carpet smell that pervades the rest of the mill complex?
    Yes indeed, I swear there was still carpet dust in the air.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.

I hope they'll let them do that, especially as many were probably hoping to improve their grade based on their final exam.
    Agreed. However, it will be more efficient for the DfE if they say the result of the exam (if you take it) is final – as this will act as a disincentive for people to have a potshot at it on the off chance.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949

Stocky said:

How about the people who operate the canal narrowboat gates?
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,434
    That’s... rather unhelpful. Teachers become gods. There is a reason why exams are independently invigilated and marked.

I had a teacher at school who for whatever reason took a dislike to me and would always award relatively low grades and predictions to me. When it got to actual marked exams I did much better than predicted.

• Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,915

HYUFD said:

The LAB leadership ballot closes on Wednesday with he result at next weekend. If it is not Starmer then many will be claiming it is a fix.
    I reckon the opposite might apply, too.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

Stocky said:

Er.. that's locks rather than keys, surely?
  • Options

That’s... rather unhelpful. Teachers become gods. There is a reason why exams are independently invigilated and marked.

I had a teacher at school who for whatever reason took a dislike to me and would always award relatively low grades and predictions to me. When it got to actual marked exams I did much better than predicted.

Isn't that covered by the second option, to sit the exam later?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.

Its says the grade the course tutor believed the student would have got. In other words the predicted grade. These are always a combination of coursework done and exams done and the direction of travel.

Its as fair as it can be in the circumstance.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Boris Johnson is expected to announce the shut down of London today with bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and cafes all ordered to close.

Shops considered ‘non-essential’ such as clothing stores are also likely to be forced to shut their doors in an attempt to curb coronavirus in the capital.

Well-placed sources said the Prime Minister would make the announcement at his afternoon press conference. London’s mayor Sadiq Khan is expected to make a separate statement.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

HYUFD said:

Are you sure? Voting open until Thursday 2nd April according to wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Labour_Party_leadership_election#April
  • Options
    kicorsekicorse Posts: 431

Jonathan said:

How deeply unimpressive.

It does seem like as fair a solution as anyone's likely to come up with.

It will be very problematic for the teachers, each subjective judgment having such a major effect on a young person that they know well and want to do well. As a scientist, it would be assumed that I'd decline requests to review papers and grant applications by people I know less well, on the grounds of a conflict of interest. I also wonder whether students will be able to make FOI requests to see what is written about them - my guess is that they will.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,197

Pro_Rata said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

I still have nightmares.
    Yes indeed, I swear there was still carpet dust in the air.
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190786-d255207-Reviews-Travelodge_Halifax-Halifax_West_Yorkshire_England.html#REVIEWS
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    edited March 2020
    Re the method of awarding exam grades: the devil will be in the detail of course, but the basic idea looks like the best compromise available. I hope the ability to take the exam for real if you don’t like the predicted grade will prevent too many complaints from those who are convinced that just because they got a D in the mock it doesn’t mean they can’t get an A* in the summer.

On numbers of key workers: it will be different in primary schools I‘m sure, but it seems we are expecting to be able to run the babysitting side with about three staff at a time from Monday in a school with over a thousand pupils. That might be optimistic, but if not then the school is basically shut. Lessons will happen over the internet, so any pupils in school will be sitting down with an iPad or laptop for five hours a day.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, I think quite a lot of people are in that boat.

I'm in a weird situation, as my work, so far, is almost unaffected. But I'm worried about my parents.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,433
    Germany: an extra 2,456 cases today and 4 deaths. Takes the totals to 17,776 and 48.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
  • Options
    kicorsekicorse Posts: 431
    edited March 2020

HYUFD said:

Are you sure? Voting open until Thursday 2nd April according to wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Labour_Party_leadership_election#April
    That's also what my (electronic) ballot paper says.

2nd April, that is.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,897
    Religous staff ??!?!

You've got to be shitting me.
  • Options
    Well ... waiting for the storm to hit is painful. Knowing what is coming feels unreal. Watching the general public lose their most basic of freedoms and endure economic catastrophe, losing their jobs, their pension funds and investments shattered, with children losing their right to be educated and facing impaired job opportunities when they leave school and university is infuriating, depressing and, frankly, enraging.
  • Options

Quincel said:

Stocky said:

How about hostesses who manage wife-swapping parties?
  • Options
    Floater said:

Boris Johnson is expected to announce the shut down of London today with bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and cafes all ordered to close.

Shops considered ‘non-essential’ such as clothing stores are also likely to be forced to shut their doors in an attempt to curb coronavirus in the capital.

Well-placed sources said the Prime Minister would make the announcement at his afternoon press conference. London’s mayor Sadiq Khan is expected to make a separate statement.

So the direct opposite of what he said yesterday.
  • Options
    Floater said:

It's high time for him to ditch the stiff-upper-lip-kabuki and get real. He needs to take a step forward.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,433
    edited March 2020
    Someone in my family is a retired doctor but they just turned 70 so I'm guessing they won't be asked to help out, (unless things get really bad).
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Quincel said:

Stocky said:

How about hostesses who manage wife-swapping parties?
    Cryptographers.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    Are musicians key workers?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Religous staff ??!?!

You've got to be shitting me.

Is for funerals, cremations, and the like.
  • Options
    whunterwhunter Posts: 60
    MaxPB said:

No one in the private sector would be entirely safe from the ensuing witch hunt.

Personally, I would let businesses make their own decisions; concede that the state needs to do more in terms of providing a social safety net, particularly in times of national emergency, tax high earners accordingly.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Germany: an extra 2,456 cases today and 4 deaths. Takes the totals to 17,776 and 48.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Fewer new cases than the previous two days - restrictions having an effect?
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,434

Floater said:

It's high time for him to ditch the stiff-upper-lip-kabuki and get real. He needs to take a step forward.
    I don’t think Boris is doing that bad a job in the circumstances but what I would say is it does feel he’s being buffeted by events a little.

No school closures turns into school closures 24 hours later. No London lockdown (possibly) turns into London lockdown etc.

If these things are coming down the road in a days time, I don’t really see the reason why it hasn’t just been done. Not sure 24 hours makes a huge amount of difference.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,570
    Guernsey closing pubs & nightclubs. Alcohol can only be served with meals at tables in restaurants. Currently Covid-19 cases 1 (Tenerife import), but concern that recent returnees could have imported Covid-19 and testing still not fast enough (done via UK, on-island testing being developed but 3-4 weeks away).
  • Options

Floater said:

So the direct opposite of what he said yesterday.
    Do you have a quote of what he said yesterday on this? I thought the mantra was that they are following the advice. If people are ignoring the advice given by the government, doesn't it make sense that things would have to change?
  • Options
    Are we still expecting a statement on new measures from the Chancellor today?
This discussion has been closed.