Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ready for President Chuck Grassley?

SystemSystem Posts: 11,007
edited November 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ready for President Chuck Grassley?

This has not been a good week for Donald Trump. Rant all he might at the impeachment hearings, they’re turning up deeply damaging testimony that would in any normal circumstance be career-ending. Trump is not, as he’s proven many times, politically normal but even he must have a limit as to how far he can push things.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E pluribus unum.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453
    Surely driverlees train technology would be easier to perfect than driver less cars
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    He looks more like Chuckles than Chuck......
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,286
    FPT: the 1.54 has now gone.

And NOM has gone from 3.05 to 3.1.

Early rumours???
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

E pluribus unum.

I'm renewing calls for that judge-led inquiry.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

Surely driverlees train technology would be easier to perfect than driver less cars

Yes, one dimensional problem not 2 - trains exist in a space where people doing random things are not an issue unlike roads where there are cyclists, other human controlled vehicles, and random issues like potholes.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,294
    edited November 2019
    RobD said:

E pluribus unum.

I'm renewing calls for that judge-led inquiry.
    I'm in wordpress writing my threads for tomorrow and I innocently noticed Mike had published a new thread.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

Works for the DLR.
  • Options

I'm in wordpress writing my threads for tomorrow and I innocently noticed Mike had published a new thread.

:o scandalous
  • Options
    Fascinating header.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    David Herdson, wouldn't Pelosi's obvious play be less convoluted? An agreement with the GOP Senate to remove Trump from office first, then allow Pence sufficient time to nominate and have approved his VP choice (perhaps even negotiated with the Dems) before impeaching and removing Pence.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    MikeL said:

Early rumours???

It's moved more than that at times for no reason at all in the last fortnight
  • Options
    More movement last few mins:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

Lab Most Seats 16.5 to 17
  • Options
    alb1onalb1on Posts: 698
    nunu2 said:

It already exists (for example the Copenhagen metro system is driverless and runs 24/7 all year around. The real problem is Boris. Bear in mind that this is the man who, as Mayor, proposed TFL running double decker trains (until it was pointed out they do not fit under London bridges) and then came back with the suggestion of adding more carriages, until it was pointed out they would not fit the platforms. The fact that technology is straightforward would in no way reduce the probability of it being a complete disaster if backed by Boris.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

How liquid is the market? That could be the movement due to a £1 bet :p
  • Options
    Since the relevant betting markets are mostly british, can we assume there’ll be lots of silly money available on him leaving before the end of his term when folk see articles in the press saying he’s going to be impeached, without being aware that’s just the House process?
  • Options
    Not sure Boris's plan to ban rail strikes is such a good idea. A lot of commuters actually sympathize with the staff and see them as heroically defying the greedy and incompetent privatization fat cats. This could be seen as Boris just making life easier for his friends.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

From 2017 I would say that the betting odds of a particular outcome are only tangentially related to their actual odds. Too many people betting on what they want to happen.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

How liquid is the market? That could be the movement due to a £1 bet :p
    It's a liquid market.

eg Lab Maj:

£249 offered at 38
    £127 wanting to back at 40
  • Options

Not sure Boris's plan to ban rail strikes is such a good idea. A lot of commuters actually sympathize with the staff and see them as heroically defying the greedy and incompetent privatization fat cats. This could be seen as Boris just making life easier for his friends.

If I was a commuter I would be relieved that someone is taking on the RMT
  • Options

Thanks for that, I enjoy a good laugh
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Nope. I have loads of friends who live on that line flirting with Labour and the Lib Dems, all of them have said this is a good move. Literally every single one is against the month long strike and if this stops that from happening again, they are all for it.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,313

Yep. It's bus drivers I feel sorry for. As far as I can make out, they have a much harder job, and are paid a fraction of what train drivers get.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,249

Er, no.

96% of commuters just want the trains to run on time and blame the nearest thing to hand (the unions) when they don't.

And yes I've asked every one of them.
  • Options

MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

From 2017 I would say that the betting odds of a particular outcome are only tangentially related to their actual odds. Too many people betting on what they want to happen.
    Sounds right to me. I went into the Labour 200-up market and sold at 28. By now I would expect it to be closing in on 0 (and I can cash out) but it's still only got to 23. Meanwhile the Labour seats market is at 213.....
  • Options

Yep. It's bus drivers I feel sorry for. As far as I can make out, they have a much harder job, and are paid a fraction of what train drivers get.
    Bingo. You have to go quite a long way down the competence line before you find someone who couldn't be trained to be a train driver, and yet their closed shop gives them a cushy setup out of all proportion of their skill set
  • Options
    Fpt someone asked about changing Amazon prices. I read somewhere that there is an algorithm - natch - which assesses visits and behaviour and adjusts prices dynamically accordingly.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,913
    I think you're rather over estimating the testimony. Pretty much all of them have said they personally saw or heard nothing that was a quid pro quo or that military aid would be withheld pending Biden being investigated. And, of course, in any Senate trial the Bidens will have to testify as proceedings are under the control of the (republican) senate who absolutely wont vote to convict (no Republicans supported impeachment hearings in the house). Biden is on thin ice and the Burisma affair could end his presidential run. Schiff will also find himself being questioned over his fake transcript that kicked this off. The FBI have expressed an interest in questioning the whistleblower. Finally the polling amongst independents has turned against impeachment, it has become a wholly partisan issue and we have the whistleblowers attorney (Zaid) tweeting in Jan 2017 'the coup has begun, impeachment will follow later'.

Now, I'm soft on the Donald and hard on the Dems so my comments need to be seen in that light, but the coverage is heavily skewed by the anti trump msm and the dems having complete control over the process whilst it's in the house. All that changes if it goes to a full trial, and an acquittal will inevitably look bad on the Dems for pursuing an attempt to remove a sitting president, much as the Republicans attempt to oust Clinton did.

I wouldn't waste money on anyone being president that isn't the Donald before the election.
  • Options
    DeClareDeClare Posts: 483
    MikeL said:

Early rumours???

Postal voting packs were being delivered today and some ballot slips will have already been posted back, any polls after today will start to become partial exit polls.
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

Sounds right to me. I went into the Labour 200-up market and sold at 28. By now I would expect it to be closing in on 0 (and I can cash out) but it's still only got to 23. Meanwhile the Labour seats market is at 213.....
    I’ve held my Labour majority bet for too long. Was getting greedy and though it would come in further by now with a tight poll or two. Now suspect I’m best off cutting losses.
  • Options
    Looking at the BBC news website front page there is s picture of Jezza wrapped up in a scarf and the story is that he is defending his neutral stance.

Together with the story he looks nothing more than an irrelevant, perhaps kindly, old bloke. Certainly not a leader of the type i think is what we want right now.
  • Options
    TimT said:

David Herdson, wouldn't Pelosi's obvious play be less convoluted? An agreement with the GOP Senate to remove Trump from office first, then allow Pence sufficient time to nominate and have approved his VP choice (perhaps even negotiated with the Dems) before impeaching and removing Pence.

It's a possibility. But the negotiations would be difficult - though not as difficult as with Trump.
  • Options
    DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

Postal voting packs were being delivered today and some ballot slips will have already been posted back, any polls after today will start to become partial exit polls.
    Does anyone know what the percentage postal votes was last time? More interestingly, do we have any guesstimates on how quickly they get sent back?
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Early rumours???

It could be nothing, and just punters catching up.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Looking at the BBC news website front page there is s picture of Jezza wrapped up in a scarf and the story is that he is defending his neutral stance.

Together with the story he looks nothing more than an irrelevant, perhaps kindly, old bloke. Certainly not a leader of the type i think is what we want right now.

But being a bit more positive - at least the glasses are not doing their homage to Eric Morecambe.
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

Bingo. You have to go quite a long way down the competence line before you find someone who couldn't be trained to be a train driver, and yet their closed shop gives them a cushy setup out of all proportion of their skill set
    One of the key requirements being a psychological one: not to be easily bored.

There really isn't much for a train driver to do other than press a button to declare they're awake (and alive) and respond to black swan events.
  • Options

Nah, everyone is fed up with the RMT and their militant bullshit. No-one believes them anymore.

Of course, they hate SWR and FirstGroup as well, but the loathing is mutually exclusive.
  • Options

Nah, everyone is fed up with the RMT and their militant bullshit. No-one believes them anymore.

Of course, they hate SWR and FirstGroup as well, but the loathing is mutually exclusive.
    The Tories could have actually cared and introduced an automation policy, instead they're introducing a law which in practice won't do anything because during strikes well over 10% of services still run.
  • Options
    If I had big pockets this is just the sort of time I'd be dropping a couple of Big Ones on a Tory Majority, in all honesty.

As it is I'm dropping in a ton or two only. I may put more in by payday, unless the odds have come down to something silly like 1.2 or less.
  • Options
    alb1on said:

TOPPING said:

But being a bit more positive - at least the glasses are not doing their homage to Eric Morecambe.
    He looks like the original drummer of the Happy Mondays who was kicked out before they became famous and has been trying to get something together ever since.
  • Options

The Tories could have actually cared and introduced an automation policy, instead they're introducing a law which in practice won't do anything because during strikes well over 10% of services still run.
    You mean during the strikes they operate for the few not the many....?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,631

If I had big pockets this is just the sort of time I'd be dropping a couple of Big Ones on a Tory Majority, in all honesty.

As it is I'm dropping in a ton or two only. I may put more in by payday, unless the odds have come down to something silly like 1.2 or less.

Query "ton"; £100 or £1000?
  • Options

Let's wait and see. I understood it was for between a quarter and a third of services and there are good continental precedents for it.

Personally, I'd like to see total war declared on Mick Cash, but I accept that might be considered slightly hardline.
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

I support the right to strike, it's one of the most fundamental democratic rights there is.
  • Options
    DeClareDeClare Posts: 483
    edited November 2019

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

Does anyone know what the percentage postal votes was last time? More interestingly, do we have any guesstimates on how quickly they get sent back?
    In 2017 it was 18.2%

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/uk-general-elections/results-and-turnout-2017-uk-general-election
  • Options

TudorRose said:

MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

I’ve held my Labour majority bet for too long. Was getting greedy and though it would come in further by now with a tight poll or two. Now suspect I’m best off cutting losses.
    I had to take a haircut on that too, and my LD majority bets.

All seem very silly now but, when the vote was first called, this wasn't an obvious campaign to call at all and the polls were in very different places.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

£100.
  • Options
    Just done my postal vote - election over for me:)
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

viewcode said:

£100.
    Thank you.
  • Options

I don't know how I did it but I got onto Tories > 318 at 2.2 and Tories > 340 at 3.1. I won't be cashing in for a while.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

I think you're rather over estimating the testimony. Pretty much all of them have said they personally saw or heard nothing that was a quid pro quo or that military aid would be withheld pending Biden being investigated. And, of course, in any Senate trial the Bidens will have to testify as proceedings are under the control of the (republican) senate who absolutely wont vote to convict (no Republicans supported impeachment hearings in the house). Biden is on thin ice and the Burisma affair could end his presidential run. Schiff will also find himself being questioned over his fake transcript that kicked this off. The FBI have expressed an interest in questioning the whistleblower. Finally the polling amongst independents has turned against impeachment, it has become a wholly partisan issue and we have the whistleblowers attorney (Zaid) tweeting in Jan 2017 'the coup has begun, impeachment will follow later'.

Now, I'm soft on the Donald and hard on the Dems so my comments need to be seen in that light, but the coverage is heavily skewed by the anti trump msm and the dems having complete control over the process whilst it's in the house. All that changes if it goes to a full trial, and an acquittal will inevitably look bad on the Dems for pursuing an attempt to remove a sitting president, much as the Republicans attempt to oust Clinton did.

I wouldn't waste money on anyone being president that isn't the Donald before the election.

How have you managed to avoid all the first hand testimony detailing the quid pro quo?
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749
    edited November 2019

It would be a crazy announcement, unnecessary class war announcement, a circle the wagons klaxon for the labour tribe, a patriotic war where it doesn’t matter your opinion of the czar you are fighting for,* and cost Tories a majority in the seconds it takes to announce it.

Such as the Decembrists and Freemasons fighting for the Russian Caesar against napoleon
  • Options
    DeClare said:

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

In 2017 it was 18.2%

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/uk-general-elections/results-and-turnout-2017-uk-general-election
    26% in the NE is a bit of an outlier. Wonder what happens there?
  • Options
    I think I'm on Labour most seats at 8/1, I thought that might drop too. Might cut my losses.
  • Options
    There is a halfway house in respect of rail strike legislation which may have some appeal. I do not know whether it is enshrined in Italian law, but I have twice been in Trieste and wanting to travel to Mestre on the day of an Italian rail strike. I assumed I would be screwed and have to hire a car or taxi but no - the unions provide a window during each day when services run so that people can get where needed in emergency. It does not stop the union message being made, but it does prevent total chaos.
  • Options

DeClare said:

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

In 2017 it was 18.2%

The old "tribal vote" perhaps?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129
    TOPPING said:

We need a Strong Man you reckon? Get the trains running on time etc?
  • Options

I think I'm on Labour most seats at 8/1, I thought that might drop too. Might cut my losses.

Yep, that would need a lead, not just a recovery - hard to see from here without Boris appointing Prince Andrew to his cabinet
  • Options

TudorRose said:

I support the right to strike, it's one of the most fundamental democratic rights there is.
    The right? No, but the trouble is that it's one that should be used as a last resort. It's for when the workforce have no alternative with intractable or unreasonable management, and have to do it due to exceptional and extreme circumstances. They should always be brief and proportionate. And a high bar should be set for striking to cripple essential services that ordinary working people rely upon.

Instead, more often than not in the public sector, it's used as a cocked pistol for routine annual pay and benefit negotiations.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Ton = £100
    Big One = £1,000
    Stick = £Million (but not sure too many punters play at that level in politics)
  • Options
    Alistair said:

How have you managed to avoid all the first hand testimony detailing the quid pro quo?
    Would you like to provide some examples?
    There are plenty of witnesses saying they have no information or evidence of QPQ, and of course the dems arent talking about QPQ anymore, it's all 'bribery' now
  • Options

Do you have any reason, other than tribal loyalty, to suspect such an outcome may come to pass? Genuine non-sarcastic question.
  • Options

TudorRose said:

The right? No, but the trouble is that it's one that should be used as a last resort. It's for when the workforce have no alternative with intractable or unreasonable management, and have to do it due to exceptional and extreme circumstances. They should always be brief and proportionate. And a high bar should be set for striking to cripple essential services that ordinary working people rely upon.

Instead, more often than not in the public sector, it's used as a cocked pistol for routine annual pay and benefit negotiations.
    Perhaps the unions actually show how good working conditions and pay could be in other industries, if they had them too. Perhaps we should raise those wages, as opposed to shitting on train drivers.
  • Options

viewcode said:

Ton = £100
    Big One = £1,000
    It’s the old joke isn’t it? It’s very easy to have £1m in the bank. First you start with £3m......
  • Options

DeClare said:

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

In 2017 it was 18.2%

Weren't they the subject of an experiment in postal-only voting for the Euros? Some people would have signed up for a permanent postal vote.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Do you have any reason, other than tribal loyalty, to suspect such an outcome may come to pass? Genuine non-sarcastic question.
    I didn't think it would come to pass. My theory was it would drop and I could cash out early.
  • Options

viewcode said:

Ton = £100
    Big One = £1,000
    Useful info, thank you. Is this city slang, betting slang, or some other thing I'm not aware of?
  • Options
    egg said:

It would be a crazy announcement, unnecessary class war announcement, a circle the wagons klaxon for the labour tribe, a patriotic war where it doesn’t matter your opinion of the czar you are fighting for,* and cost Tories a majority in the seconds it takes to announce it.

Such as the Decembrists and Freemasons fighting for the Russian Caesar against napoleon
    That is a bit over the top
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,129

That is a cut above your usual, I have to say.

👀
  • Options

DeClare said:

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

In 2017 it was 18.2%

If I was going to guess, I’d say that the regional assembly referendum might have had one of Blair Gvt pushes on postal voting, and a lot of people got in the habit.
  • Options
    alb1on said:

There is a halfway house in respect of rail strike legislation which may have some appeal. I do not know whether it is enshrined in Italian law, but I have twice been in Trieste and wanting to travel to Mestre on the day of an Italian rail strike. I assumed I would be screwed and have to hire a car or taxi but no - the unions provide a window during each day when services run so that people can get where needed in emergency. It does not stop the union message being made, but it does prevent total chaos.

But again in this country whenever we have a rail strike, many services do still run.

People are acting as if a strike goes on and the services just stop, that isn't what happens.

This law is probably popular - but it won't actually make a difference. And I suspect the Tories know that.
  • Options

DeClare said:

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

In 2017 it was 18.2%

Weren't they the subject of an experiment in postal-only voting for the Euros? Some people would have signed up for a permanent postal vote.
    Oh that’s right, it was a few euro regions. That sounds right.
  • Options
    alb1on said:

nunu2 said:

It already exists (for example the Copenhagen metro system is driverless and runs 24/7 all year around. The real problem is Boris. Bear in mind that this is the man who, as Mayor, proposed TFL running double decker trains (until it was pointed out they do not fit under London bridges) and then came back with the suggestion of adding more carriages, until it was pointed out they would not fit the platforms. The fact that technology is straightforward would in no way reduce the probability of it being a complete disaster if backed by Boris.
    Now imagine Corbyn running your broadband.
  • Options

alb1on said:

But again in this country whenever we have a rail strike, many services do still run.

People are acting as if a strike goes on and the services just stop, that isn't what happens.

This law is probably popular - but it won't actually make a difference. And I suspect the Tories know that.
    More accurately, services have continued to run during the guards dispute, but there is no guarantee that would be the case in a dispute with more support amongst rail staff and unions. We need to think beyond today's dispute.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Lab Maj from 36 to 38

Seems to be drifting the other way on another well known betting site with total seats
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

👀
    I'm not in a foul mood today, it helps with the clarity bollocks
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749

egg said:

Consider the Tories 3.1 up at half time, all they need in second half is to see it out not start a fight.

Every Labour poster to this site is praying tonight for strike banning announcements in tomorrow’s manifesto. Every Labour MP in trouble needs the Tories to start a sort of ideological patriotic war where it doesn’t matter your opinion of the czar you are fighting for.

Game changer.
  • Options

TudorRose said:

Perhaps the unions actually show how good working conditions and pay could be in other industries, if they had them too. Perhaps we should raise those wages, as opposed to shitting on train drivers.
    That's absurd. The reason we have sky-high fares and railways are so expensive to build and operate are due to the union strangehold. And service reliability suffers too whenever a single rostered member of staff is out of the line.

If we had unions everywhere, like the 70s, we'd have national stoppages and strikes in every sector you could think of (imagine Sainsbury's and Waitrose being empty due to regular lorrymen strikes) higher prices as a result, poorer choice as corporatism and consolidation occurred to counter the unions, and a sclerotic and unpredictable economy making it impossible for businesses to confidently invest. Everyone would be poorer and more miserable. It'd be an industrial relations masterclass in the tragedy of the commons.

And have you met many train drivers by the way, particularly in TfL? They are some of the most miserable people on the planet, despite having superb pay and benefits.
  • Options
    DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

My postal vote was delivered on Thursday and obviously returned that evening.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    alb1on said:

Another strategy sometimes used in Europe is for the services to run but staff refuse to collect or enforce fares. This probably wouldn’t be workable in the UK where the unions are separated by “trade”.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Southern Trains do not need any more government help.
  • Options

That's absurd. The reason we have sky-high fares and railways are so expensive to build and operate are due to the union strangehold. And service reliability suffers too whenever a single rostered member of staff is out of the line.

If we had unions everywhere, like the 70s, we'd have national stoppages and strikes in every sector you could think of (imagine Sainsbury's and Waitrose being empty due to regular lorrymen strikes) higher prices as a result, poorer choice as corporatism and consolidation occurred to counter the unions, and a sclerotic and unpredictable economy making it impossible for businesses to confidently invest. Everyone would be poorer and more miserable. It'd be an industrial relations masterclass in the tragedy of the commons.

And have you met many train drivers by the way, particularly in TfL? They are some of the most miserable people on the planet, despite having superb pay and benefits.

Maybe because people like you constantly shout and scream at them.
  • Options
    egg said:

egg said:

Consider the Tories 3.1 up at half time, all they need in second half is to see it out not start a fight.

Every Labour poster to this site is praying tonight for strike banning announcements in tomorrow’s manifesto. Every Labour MP in trouble needs the Tories to start a sort of ideological patriotic war where it doesn’t matter your opinion of the czar you are fighting for.

Game changer.
    I very much doubt it
  • Options

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

My postal vote was delivered on Thursday and obviously returned that evening.
    A good chunk of PVs are returned within a day or two... My theory last time, if the election was entirely decided on the day JC would now be PM.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

Ton = £100
    Big One = £1,000
    Useful info, thank you. Is this city slang, betting slang, or some other thing I'm not aware of?
    Cockney rhyming slang/cityspeak/wallstreet speak.
  • Options

Thank you.

I think we'll take that as conceding the point then.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited November 2019
    First sign of an election in what is a relatively safe Tory seat; Con leaflet sent to postal voters urging them to send back.

I'm sure the Cons will hope starting from next week there's not much of an election campaign.
  • Options

DeClare said:

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

In 2017 it was 18.2%

Or just that the North East is older than the U.K as a whole.

If the tories can maintain the big swing towards them as we've seen in the north east then they could bank a lot of early votes towards them over the next week or so.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

TOPPING said:

We need a Strong Man you reckon? Get the trains running on time etc?
    Absolutely.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    edited November 2019
    maaarsh said:

Just done my postal vote - election over for me:)

Early exit poll?
  • Options

egg said:

egg said:

Game changer.
    I very much doubt it
    Indeed. To most people the idea of striking is incredibly alien. Withdrawing of labour is done by quitting and finding a better job, not by striking and sulking.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793
    Evening PB - Everyone ready for another Mega Polling Saturday?

Eyes down and here we go... :D
  • Options

alb1on said:

If the strikes don't make a difference, what is the point of them?
  • Options

Thank you.

I think we'll take that as conceding the point then.
    No I'm not conceding anything. I just think you personally attacking train drivers as being miserable is not relevant and just makes you look like an angry old person. I'm sure you're not like that at all - but I couldn't let that go unchallenged.

In Germany they have wide collective bargaining, very high union membership and the result is very reliable trains, efficient public services and good wages.

"Back to the 70s" is the most boring and oft-repeated attack I see on this site. There is not one policy from Labour that would do that, it's as ridiculous as me calling Boris Johnson a facist.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

👀
    Patronising c&&t.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,799
    egg said:

egg said:

Game changer.
    I rather doubt it.
  • Options

DeClare said:

MikeL said:

Early rumours???

I know that in my district ward it is 22% and that is indicative of the constituency as a whole. However, that is the base of permanent ones before the new applications for this election. In my ward there are two of the eight parishes where voters would benefit more from PVs but they have markedly lower rates of PVs - I presume they want the polling business for their village halls in both cases.
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

Yep, that would need a lead, not just a recovery - hard to see from here without Boris appointing Prince Andrew to his cabinet
    Don't give him any ideas!
  • Options

Good evening all.

CorrectHorseBattery, do you support Labour's proposals to end the ban on secondary strikes?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2019
    Venn diagram of people who want to ban striking and who approved of the fuel refinery blockades is a circle
This discussion has been closed.