Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The GE2019 podcast from Keiran Pedley – now with Ipsos MORI

12345679»

Comments

• Options

Turn away for a few hours, and when you come back you find Labour are promising another few tens of billions on another completely bonkers scheme. They are not even pretending to be sane.

It's a novel approach. Perhaps it will work. (Of course, not 'work' as in 'prove workable', but 'work' as in con voters for a few weeks.)

It is not a novel approach. It is a rip-off of an homage to Conservative policies since Boris became leader three or four months ago.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,115
    edited November 2019

That Corbyn bounce in Scotland, in full:

I know Ian Murray has made it clear that he wouldn't touch Jezza with a shitty stick, but might he be experiencing just a tickle of doubt about his own prospects?
  • Options
    NooNoo Posts: 2,380

Snp won that dunfermline seat at 5th stage by 2 votes! Squeaky bum stuff

Interesting transfers from the Greens:
    SNP 100
    Lib Dems 64
    Labour 32
    Conservative 6
    (none) 35

Unsurprising to see SNP pick up many of them and the Tories getting fuck all, but a 2:1 ratio for Lib Dem over Labour is interesting. Goes to show that despite the Greens' left-wing economic policies, there's much more at play in the mind of a Green voter. Makes me wonder whether the Greens could do a bit better tacking towards the centre economically.
  • Options

I know Ian Murray has made it clear that he wouldn't touch Jezza with a shitty stick, but might he be experiencing just a tickle of doubt about his own prospects?
    Nah. Murray is home and safe by a furlong. His sulking over Corbyn looks very astute now.
  • Options

I'd be pretty shocked to see Ian Murray go, but the People's Republic of Morningside is a law unto itself.

He is sitting on a 15k majority, but then Edin South is very Remain-y.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    I know the Mail is not a Corbyn cheerleader but boy they go for him tomorrow. Front page quotes from PPCs ripping into him. Ouch.
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Interesting result in Fife. The SNP were well ahead on original counts. But as the transfer votes were counted they ended up only 2 votes ahead of the Lib Dems who started in third place.
  • Options
    Noo said:

Nah. Murray is home and safe by a furlong. His sulking over Corbyn looks very astute now.
    Och, probably.
    I just wonder if folk reach a point where they ask if Corbyn's so bad why is Murray still standing for the party Corbyn leads? Being the SLab candidate may even be a drag on his prospects.
  • Options
    eggegg Posts: 1,749

I know the Mail is not a Corbyn cheerleader but boy they go for him tomorrow. Front page quotes from PPCs ripping into him. Ouch.

You haven’t a clue. You really haven’t you Tories.

Did anyone in CCHQ realise Dec 12 is a full moon? Did Cummings war game the power to reject what no longer serves you on this date? The December full moon is a day of enchantment.

I don’t want to go back to where we were yesterday, but full moons bring ending to something, a climax. You don’t need the Mitchell Brothers to tell you, he/she who comes last, comes longest.
  • Options

Noo said:

Och, probably.
    I just wonder if folk reach a point where they ask if Corbyn's so bad why is Murray still standing for the party Corbyn leads? Being the SLab candidate may even be a drag on his prospects.
    Judging by the colour of his recent leaflets, he mightn't stay in Labour too long after the election ;)
  • Options
    slade said:

Interesting result in Fife. The SNP were well ahead on original counts. But as the transfer votes were counted they ended up only 2 votes ahead of the Lib Dems who started in third place.

It's a Fife thing.

https://tinyurl.com/yew2maen
  • Options
    slade said:

From the SNP point of view, pretty standard. Once they've eaten their greens, very little else goes their way.
    I'd be interested to see what would have happened if the Lib Dems had been knocked out earlier to gauge the Remain vote crossing the union-indy divide. If I were there, I'd be putting Lib Dem/SNP as my 1-2 in one orientation or the other. But I suspect I'm not.. typical.
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    Lib Dem gain in Tunbridge Wells.
  • Options
    egg said:

You haven’t a clue. You really haven’t you Tories.

Did anyone in CCHQ realise Dec 12 is a full moon? Did Cummings war game the power to reject what no longer serves you on this date? The December full moon is a day of enchantment.

I don’t want to go back to where we were yesterday, but full moons bring ending to something, a climax. You don’t need the Mitchell Brothers to tell you, he/she who comes last, comes longest.
    An end to Remoaner hopes of thwarting Brexit.
  • Options
    slade said:

Lib Dem gain in Tunbridge Wells.

Labour came 5th (-11%).
  • Options
    Vote Labour Conservative for Venezuelan-style corruption, fumes Farage.

Nigel Farage threatened to report the Conservatives to the police, after accusing Downing Street of offering Brexit Party candidates jobs and peerages to withdraw from the general election on Thursday night.

The Brexit Party leader claimed the Tories were guilty of “corruption of the worst level” as he alleged they had offered eight peerages as incentives in what he likened to “living in Venezuela”.

No 10 categorically denied any inducements had been offered.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/general-election-brexit-party-news-latest-candidates-farage/
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

This is interesting.

Can anyone guess which document this is extracted from?

"Telecommunications

A national cable system will make possible a wide range of new telecommunications services, greater variety in the provision of television, and a major stimulus to British technology and industry. But it must be under firm public control. A publicly-owned British Telecommunications will thus be given the sole responsibility to create a national, broadband network (including Mercury, the new privately-owned telecommunications system for business), which integrates telecommunications and broadcasting."

http://www.labour-party.org.uk/manifestos/1983/1983-labour-manifesto.shtml

The longest suicide note in history
  • Options

Vote Labour Conservative for Venezuelan-style corruption, fumes Farage.

Nigel Farage threatened to report the Conservatives to the police, after accusing Downing Street of offering Brexit Party candidates jobs and peerages to withdraw from the general election on Thursday night.

The Brexit Party leader claimed the Tories were guilty of “corruption of the worst level” as he alleged they had offered eight peerages as incentives in what he likened to “living in Venezuela”.

No 10 categorically denied any inducements had been offered.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/general-election-brexit-party-news-latest-candidates-farage/

He should do. Its clearly illegal.
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
This discussion has been closed.