Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Biden drops to FOURTH in Iowa in by far his worst poll of his

SystemSystem Posts: 11,723
edited October 2019 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Biden drops to FOURTH in Iowa in by far his worst poll of his entire campaign

Biden drops to FOURTH in new Iowa poll. Iowa State University/Civiqs survey hasWarren 28%Buttigieg 20%Sanders 18%Biden 12%

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Erst!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
    deuxieme
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,520
    Did we not see polling on the previous thread showing Warren dropping back with the effect that Biden was out front again (albeit not steaming ahead)? Think it might have been from Robert.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    edited October 2019
    الثالث

Damn.

رابع
  • Options
    Domestically about an hour and a half before the Queens Speech is voted down. Utterly bizarrely this does not qualify under the FTPA as a VoNC.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Haven't we seen this in previous years with Iowa polling all over the shop?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Domestically about an hour and a half before the Queens Speech is voted down. Utterly bizarrely this does not qualify under the FTPA as a VoNC.

The FTPA is wicked. Whose smart idea was that anyway? :smiley:
  • Options
    RobD said:

DavidL said:

It made some sense under the Coalition but it should have had a sunset clause. Now a government is left in office but not in power and can apparently do nothing about it.
  • Options
    Gabs2Gabs2 Posts: 1,268
    Buttigieg should be Warren's VP and heir apparent for 2028.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    DavidL said:

Kinda fun that in the current situation nobody really cares. Normally this'd be the political news of the year.
  • Options
    Wankery update.

https://twitter.com/oflynnsocial/status/1187326059487924229?s=20

Though at least it inspired this response.

https://twitter.com/elizabethceast/status/1187360668430848000?s=20
    (yeah, yeah, I know the tiny TA-er isn't from Yorkshire)
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    DavidL said:

Did we not see polling on the previous thread showing Warren dropping back with the effect that Biden was out front again (albeit not steaming ahead)? Think it might have been from Robert.

If these polls taken together do indicate anything more than sampling errors, then what? President Mayor Pete?

If this is the start of a pattern showing voter doubts about the older candidates, then it might be worth looking down the list. Has Kamala Harris been oversold?
  • Options
    Gabs2 said:

Yeah, but that is far too rational.
  • Options
    On topic.

BUT WHERE'S HILARY IN THIS POLL?!
  • Options
    Andrew said:

DavidL said:

Kinda fun that in the current situation nobody really cares. Normally this'd be the political news of the year.
    Pretty much everything this Parliament does is pointless and can kicking. Its time to get rid.
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    Sorry, repost from the back end of the last thread...

If the government continues with debating the WAB is there any point at which an amendment could be made where it would be too late for them to withdraw the bill?

I looked up the definition of Committee Stage...

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦-𝘣𝘺-𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭'𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘐𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘥.

𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘔𝘗𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘗𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤 𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘦. 𝘖𝘤𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘺 𝘢 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦, 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘴𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴.

Am I right in thinking this is the final stage and, in the case of the WAB, would be debated in parliament as a whole?

Would the Committee Stage be the point at which amendments would be tabled and where the bill could still be withdrawn?
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,093

Wankery update.

There is implausible and completely and utterly implausible - I wonder which one of those this is.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,473
    Come on Kamala!

PT - did we conclude?

Who wrote the letter?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,190

Wankery update.

Is that the sound of TSE, sobbing uncontrollably?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    Mr. Divvie, lots of tweets, some serious, some silly, like that, though.

Good afternoon, everyone.
  • Options
    fpt..

Scott_P said:

Banterman said:

People forget Boris is fluent in French

Does his bullshit sound any better in French?
    Much. Conneries (literally c*ntery!)
    Too strong, no?
    "L’implosion politique que constitue le Brexit est l’héritage de mensonges britanniques passés et récents. C’est aussi le fruit des méfaits impériaux. De la part de Boris Johnson, faire porter le chapeau à l’Irlande et l’Union européenne n’est qu’une connerie supplémentaire de la perfide Albion."
    https://www.investigaction.net/fr/le-brexit-est-une-implosion-made-in-britain-meme-si-johnson-accuse-tous-les-autres/

roughly.."The political implosion of Brexit is the legacy of past and recent British lies. It is also the result of imperial misdeeds. For Boris Johnson, to put the hat on (blame?) Ireland and the European Union is just more bullshit from perfidious Albion."
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

It made some sense under the Coalition but it should have had a sunset clause. Now a government is left in office but not in power and can apparently do nothing about it.
    The act itself is fine - I don't think anyone expected for things to be as insane as they currently are though. What needs to happen is for the act to reflect the issues we've discovered so for such as a failed Queen Speech is updated to be a VoNC..
  • Options

DavidL said:

If these polls taken together do indicate anything more than sampling errors, then what? President Mayor Pete?

If this is the start of a pattern showing voter doubts about the older candidates, then it might be worth looking down the list. Has Kamala Harris been oversold?
    There's only room in the field for one old candidate.

Who says so?

Hillary......
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Come on Kamala!

PT - did we conclude?

Who wrote the letter?

BAN-HAMMER TIME!
  • Options
    Henry_CHenry_C Posts: 73
    edited October 2019
    DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

It does have a sunset clause: arrangements for a review must be made between 1 June and 30 November next year :) (Perhaps they thought there'd be a 10-year coalition!)
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

The act itself is fine - I don't think anyone expected for things to be as insane as they currently are though. What needs to happen is for the act to reflect the issues we've discovered so for such as a failed Queen Speech is updated to be a VoNC..
    If the Queen's Speech is defeated, a VNOC would likely follow.
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038

Erst!

*erster
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Makes strategic sense for the opposition to defeat the govt in a VONC rather than just agreeing to an election.
  • Options

fpt..

Scott_P said:

Banterman said:

People forget Boris is fluent in French

Does his bullshit sound any better in French?
    Much. Conneries (literally c*ntery!)
    Too strong, no?
    "L’implosion politique que constitue le Brexit est l’héritage de mensonges britanniques passés et récents. C’est aussi le fruit des méfaits impériaux. De la part de Boris Johnson, faire porter le chapeau à l’Irlande et l’Union européenne n’est qu’une connerie supplémentaire de la perfide Albion."
    https://www.investigaction.net/fr/le-brexit-est-une-implosion-made-in-britain-meme-si-johnson-accuse-tous-les-autres/

roughly.."The political implosion of Brexit is the legacy of past and recent British lies. It is also the result of imperial misdeeds. For Boris Johnson, to put the hat on (blame?) Ireland and the European Union is just more bullshit from perfidious Albion."
    You could almost say ... très facile.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,028
    justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so
  • Options
    148grss148grss Posts: 3,867
    Why do people keep harping on about individual polls? Individual polls have wider MoE and house effects than just going with an aggregate, such as that done by Real Clear Politcs: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I'd advise backing all 4 horses
  • Options
    kingbongokingbongo Posts: 393
    Noo said:
    I see your German and raise you a skillsmisseaftaleratificeringsproces - Danish for the win
  • Options

Makes strategic sense for the opposition to defeat the govt in a VONC rather than just agreeing to an election.

Wonder if Cummings will instruct his MPs to abstain :-)

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so
    It is not a vonc apparently .

Not sure why but a vonc coming from anywhere just brings us to an election
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    DavidL said:

Nationally as opposed to this Iowa poll.

My Girl The Big Shiz Liz has this locked up.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:
    That will get labour going mad on twitter
  • Options
  • Options
    There must be a pun in that but I am no good with them !!!!
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,927
    RobD said:
    Cummings has been given the boot? :lol:
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

I'd advise backing all 4 horses
    You only need to back 1 horse and it has a large W on it. Which stands for both Warren and Winner.
  • Options
  • Options

There must be a pun in that but I am no good with them !!!!
    Something's afoot... knowing Boris it'll be a bullet from his own gun. :wink:
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    I wish I was good at puns but I do enjoy reading them
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so

But two weeks later at least. May be too late for pre-Christmas election.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so

A VoNC on Monday gives us an election date of December 16th at the earliest.
  • Options
    Well, one thing's for sure, Boris can't simply tell Laura K he's calling an election.
  • Options
    You can give or take your Biden headline, WHAT ABOUT THE LETTER???
  • Options

Wankery update.

christ.

when this is all over, we'll see it as a death of UK satire.
  • Options

Alistair said:
    I wish I was good at puns but I do enjoy reading them
    I think @ydoethur is the PB pun master (although don't tell TSE, he'll be gutted)
  • Options
    "Yeah, and one more thing ... Trump!"

cue mild chuckling.

:|
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so

Hang on in there Justin. Your fear of a GE is shared by the frit labour party
  • Options
    DavidL said:

The vote on that will be interesting.

288 Tories definite Aye - 2 Tellers - 1 speaker = 285
    245 Labour + 35 SNP + 19 Lib Dem + 4 Plaid + 1 Green No. - 2 tellers - 2 speakers = 300
    7 Shinner abstentions.

My only slight doubt on the above and it's a 95% he will go with the Labour whip is John Mann possibly abstaining. But unlikely.

35 Independents, 10 DUP I'm not sure about exactly.

Does Gauke etc have the Tory whip back yet ? How will Hammond and Sandbach and Grieve vote ?
    Woodcock, Austin, Lewis ?
  • Options
    Yeah, Dom's been spreading that rumour about BJ..
  • Options
    eek said:

Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so

Interesting.

I think we will have something shortly v Laura Kunesberg interview with Boris
  • Options

GIN1138 said:
    That will get labour going mad on twitter
    Not to mention Dr Sarah Wollaston.

"So he can find time for HER but not for ME.... Harrumph!!"
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    https://order-order.com/2019/10/24/lib-dems-new-shameless-leaflet-claims/

I know it is Guido, but the bit about Chukka is as audacious as any economically truthful quote could ever be.
  • Options

justin124 said:

Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so

Hang on in there Justin. Your fear of a GE is shared by the frit labour party
    I will abstain anyway whenever an election is held- though I do get satisfaction from seeing someone as malign as Johnson thwarted by his opponents.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,726

You can give or take your Biden headline, WHAT ABOUT THE LETTER???

What letter?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,117
    GIVE ME AN ELECTION
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,160
    Dadge said:

Erst!

*erster
    Erstest. With the Merstest.
  • Options

Well, one thing's for sure, Boris can't simply tell Laura K he's calling an election.

Maybe he’s resigning?
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,726
    edited October 2019
    Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

245 Labour + 35 SNP + 19 Lib Dem + 4 Plaid + 1 Green No. - 2 tellers - 2 speakers = 300
    7 Shinner abstentions.

My only slight doubt on the above and it's a 95% he will go with the Labour whip is John Mann possibly abstaining. But unlikely.

Does Gauke etc have the Tory whip back yet ? How will Hammond and Sandbach and Grieve vote ?
    Elphicke? Does he have the whip back yet? Isn't he guaranteed Conservative even though nominally an independent.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    148grss said:

Why do people keep harping on about individual polls? Individual polls have wider MoE and house effects than just going with an aggregate, such as that done by Real Clear Politcs: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html

Because in this case it fits with an overall trend of Biden seen in 4 polls of Biden slipping back & the Mayor moving forward
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Maybe he’s resigning?
    That wouldn't be an interview with a single journalist.

Set piece lectern / press room or Parliament.
  • Options
    NooNoo Posts: 2,380
    edited October 2019
    kingbongo said:

Noo said:
    I see your German and raise you a skillsmisseaftaleratificeringsproces - Danish for the win
    You could have done better than that just by making it bestemt: skillsmisseaftaleratificeringsprocessen
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,160
    What is happening and why are you all excited?
  • Options
    philiph said:

Maybe he’s resigning?
    That wouldn't be an interview with a single journalist.

Set piece lectern / press room or Parliament.
    Depends when the interview is embargoed until.
  • Options
    Perhaps the French Ambassador told him they were vetoing. :)
  • Options
    viewcode said:

What is happening and why are you all excited?

TSE just ate a slice of pineapple pizza.
  • Options

eek said:

Pulpstar said:

justin124 said:

eek said:

DavidL said:

RobD said:

DavidL said:

Let's hope so

Interesting.

I think we will have something shortly v Laura Kunesberg interview with Boris
    Maybe Corbyn has run out of excuses to say no to an election?

"We've agreed the wording of a one-line Bill. The election will be held next Wednesday...."
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Pulpstar said:

DavidL said:

7 Shinner abstentions.

Elphicke? Does he have the whip back yet? Isn't he guaranteed Conservative even though nominally an independent.
    Yes, there's Hopkins on the Ind/Labour side who'll be 100% against too.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited October 2019
    philiph said:

I know it is Guido, but the bit about Chukka is as audacious as any economically truthful quote could ever be.

Chuka has also been bombarding innocent voters in Cities of London and Westminster with leaflets claiming it's between him and the Tories. This will be a surprise to the local Labour Party, which got 14,857 votes in 2017 compared with the LibDems' 4,270.

Still, it's heartwarming to see that's he's fitting so well into his new party.
  • Options
    What time is the QS vote?
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    If the EU want to get the deal through this is what they should do .

And this depends on Johnson doing the following.

He puts down a vote for Monday .

The EU then say the following tomorrow .

A one month extension to ratify but there will only be the extra two months if an election is called .

This forces MPs to either vote for the deal or the opposition to agree to an election on Monday.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    philiph said:

I don’t think Guido is in any position to lecture anyone on being economical with the truth.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

A one month extension to ratify but there will only be the extra two months if an election is called .

This forces MPs to either vote for the deal or the opposition to agree to an election on Monday.

And if Labour tables a VNOC - which passes?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Boles will abstain. Greening? Grieve? Bebb?

If DUP for and above abstain, 287 + 10 + 19 = 316 - 319 (minus 2 tellers each).

Naturally, I'm hoping for a tie so we have more Bercow drama. It seems a distinct possibility.
  • Options
    Re Queens Speech votes: Labour rebels might not want to annoy whips excessively. To persuade EU we need extension for general election, show that Boris hasn't got a majority, so this encourages abstentions by anti no deal tory rebels. So QS could be voted down?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,229
    DavidL said:

That was national polling, where Biden was still on 27-28%, but that Warren had dropped from parity to the low 20s.

Iowa is going to be crucial, because early results affect later ones.

In 2008, Guiliani's approach was the "Florida Firewall". He campaigned almost exclusively there, because willing Florida would catapult him into a delegate lead should he win there.

And at this stage in the 2008 promaries, he was on around 30%, with Mitt Romney and John McCain both registering 10% in Florida.

In every poll before Iowa, Guiliani was leading - usually with significant double digit leads.

Then Guiliani flopped in Iowa and then New Hampshire. And that was it. The mantle of leadership in Florida passed to Romney and McCain.
  • Options

philiph said:

Chuka has also been bombarding innocent voters in Cities of London and Westminster with leaflets claiming it's between him and the Tories. This will be a surprise to the Labour Party, which got 14,857 votes in 2017 compared with the LibDems' 4,270.

I've backed the Tories in the City - my reasoning is as follows

i) The reliable Labour bits will stick (To a larger extent) with Labour.
    ii) The rich bits care more about money than the EU.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,925

Wankery update.

Does anyone seriously believe a 4 year old did that?
  • Options
    Gabs2 said:

Buttigieg brings nothing to Warren's ticket, so I can't see him taking that role (were it offered).
  • Options
    justin124 said:

nico67 said:

You may find in the next couple of hours that Boris calls for an election under the FTPA so irrelevant
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

philiph said:

Chuka has also been bombarding innocent voters in Cities of London and Westminster with leaflets claiming it's between him and the Tories. This will be a surprise to the Labour Party, which got 14,857 votes in 2017 compared with the LibDems' 4,270.

I've backed the Tories in the City - my reasoning is as follows

i) The reliable Labour bits will stick (To a larger extent) with Labour.
    ii) The rich bits care more about money than the EU.
    I think it will depend on the candidate.
  • Options
    crandles said:

Re Queens Speech votes: Labour rebels might not want to annoy whips excessively. To persuade EU we need extension for general election, show that Boris hasn't got a majority, so this encourages abstentions by anti no deal tory rebels. So QS could be voted down?

Labour MPs would be expected to follow the Whip on a Queen's Speech vote.
  • Options

justin124 said:

nico67 said:

You may find in the next couple of hours that Boris calls for an election under the FTPA so irrelevant
    Do you think enough Labour MPs will vote for one?
  • Options

philiph said:

Guido is in no position to lecture anyone on being economical with the truth.
    Are you just shooting the messenger and not seeing the message?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,855
  • Options

justin124 said:

nico67 said:

Not necessarily - under Commons rules a VNOC might expect priority -ie MPs would vote on that before considering any Election motion from Johnson.
  • Options
    148grss said:

That shows pretty much the same picture, though. Buttigieg has roughly doubled his Iowa polling to a little above 15%, while Biden is in the high teens and Warren in the low 20s.
  • Options

philiph said:

I see no problem with the message to be honest. Who cares?
  • Options

justin124 said:

nico67 said:

Do you think enough Labour MPs will vote for one?
    Well there are other ways
  • Options

philiph said:

I don't care but the message was fair enough
  • Options

philiph said:

Hasn't a big theme on here recently about how Boris can't stop lying?
This discussion has been closed.