Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Will the last One Nation Conservative left in the Tory Party p

Comments

• Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,198
    edited September 2019
    Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Repulsive EU flags in The Last Night of The Proms.

The BBC needs to ban them, or stop broadcasting this.

Sad git
    No. There comes a point where waving an EU flag is basic treachery. We have reached that point. Take away their flags, and lock them up. Enuff.
    I think you need to have a lie down and think about the implication of that view.
    Should you be allowed to wave, hoist or honour the EU flag in the UK?

It is the flag of our enemy, the ensign of a hostile power. As we execute Brexit. To me, waving it in the UK, at this juncture. is like waving the swastika during World War 2.

I accept others may be more tolerant, even now.
    The EU has not killed or physically hurt anyone here. Neither are they stopping us leaving. We are stopping us leaving. You are making yourself look like a fool. Calm down, sober up, or stop trolling. These WW2 metaphors are deeply insulting to the millions who actually died during that conflict.
    So are you just gonna forget the EU palm oil subsidy war which killed possibly 400 million in West Timor? Convenient.
    I’m not writing this from East Timor, West Timor or any previously undocumented part of Timor. Read my post. Also, that is bollocks, and you know it. He idea that the EU was responsible for the deaths is questionable, the figure of 400 million is laughable. The population of the whole of Indonesia is about 250m. Like I say, sober up. Or stop trolling.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,758
    justin124 said:

How many MPs are the LDs on today? - I've lost count.

18 I believe plus the MP for Eastbourne.
    Ah yes, Stephen Lloyd. Interesting case - will he stand again in the next GE? Will the LDs oppose him?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

People rarely reward governments for things in the past though. Also, a number will be surprised it isn't finished. And some more that everything isn't instantly better.
    Though I do agree the impetus to fight on will go from a great number.

This is where remainers have hugely helped Boris.

The relentless predictions of guaranteed catastrophic doom in the event of the UK leaving will provide such a low bar of expectations that, unless the sky falls in, it will be perceived that the government has done a fantastic job.

Most remainers will probably not even want to mention the subject out of embarrassment at how wrong they were.

You will still get a tiny group claiming that Brexit is a disaster for the country because they can no longer source their favourite Italian vegan cat litter but they will be a rich seam for comedians in the future.
    Brexit has to happen first - and frankly, I can't see the path to it anytime soon.
    1. Boris gets a deal - pretty much any deal - from the EU

2. In return, the EU will give us no further extensions.

3. The vote becomes Boris's Deal or No Deal.

4. Given the Doom-fest they have made of No Deal, MPs have no choice but to take Boris's Deal.

All by 31st October.
    You keep suggesting this approach, but I'm none the wiser why the EU will say they will give no further extensions, particularly when some among them at least want us to change our minds and remain, and don't want to close the door to us. No deal vs deal would see deal win, but neither parliament nor the EU have a reason to be so obliging - the idea they are so irritated they will change their tune on this seems without foundation.
    Because they have had enough of us fucking about with their Project. They realise that if we stay by subterfuge, it will be a very short term measure, and PM Farage will soon be issuing Article 50 AGAIN, during which we will be a pain in the arse.

They can at least make the risk of No Deal - and its attendant EU-wide recession - go away.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git
    No. There comes a point where waving an EU flag is basic treachery. We have reached that point. Take away their flags, and lock them up. Enuff.
    I think you need to have a lie down and think about the implication of that view.

It is the flag of our enemy, the ensign of a hostile power. As we execute Brexit. To me, waving it in the UK, at this juncture. is like waving the swastika during World War 2.

The EU has not killed or physically hurt anyone here. Neither are they stopping us leaving. We are stopping us leaving. You are making yourself look like a fool. Calm down, sober up, or stop trolling. These WW2 metaphors are deeply insulting to the millions who actually died during that conflict.
    So are you just gonna forget the EU palm oil subsidy war which killed possibly 400 million in West Timor? Convenient.
    I’m not writing this from East Timor, West Timor or any previously undocumented part of Timor. Read my post. Also, that is bollocks, and you know it. He idea that the EU was responsible for the deaths is questionable, the figure of 400 million is laughable. The population of the whole of Indonesia is about 250m. Like I say, sober up. Or stop trolling.
    It's just a wind-up. Best ignored.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

dixiedean said:

People rarely reward governments for things in the past though. Also, a number will be surprised it isn't finished. And some more that everything isn't instantly better.

The relentless predictions of guaranteed catastrophic doom in the event of the UK leaving will provide such a low bar of expectations that, unless the sky falls in, it will be perceived that the government has done a fantastic job.

Most remainers will probably not even want to mention the subject out of embarrassment at how wrong they were.

You will still get a tiny group claiming that Brexit is a disaster for the country because they can no longer source their favourite Italian vegan cat litter but they will be a rich seam for comedians in the future.
    Brexit has to happen first - and frankly, I can't see the path to it anytime soon.
    1. Boris gets a deal - pretty much any deal - from he EU

4. Given the Doom-fest they have made of No Deal, MPs have no choice but to take Boris's Deal.

All by 31st October.
    Precisely. I can't see either 1. or 2. happening.

I may be wrong of course, I get that. But I don't think so.
    Perhaps Corbyn will need to table a VNOC as soon as Parliament reassembles. If the EU can see that it stands a high probability of passing, they are unlikely to agree much with Johnson.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786

18, they lost Lloyd and Lamb was 'semi detatched' a few months back, but hes gone very quiet, hes the only LD I think might support a deal if one is forthcoming
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    ydoethur said:

Eighteen - up 50% on the election.
    They are getting to the point where they will net lose MPs at the next election.
  • Options

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

All by 31st October.
    You keep suggesting this approach, but I'm none the wiser why the EU will say they will give no further extensions, particularly when some among them at least want us to change our minds and remain, and don't want to close the door to us. No deal vs deal would see deal win, but neither parliament nor the EU have a reason to be so obliging - the idea they are so irritated they will change their tune on this seems without foundation.
    Because they have had enough of us fucking about with their Project. They realise that if we stay by subterfuge, it will be a very short term measure, and PM Farage will soon be issuing Article 50 AGAIN, during which we will be a pain in the arse.

They can at least make the risk of No Deal - and its attendant EU-wide recession - go away.
    Don't be silly, any WA just means we enter the next phase of this interminable mess; it's not the end, it's just the end of the beginning.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,954

kle4 said:

dixiedean said:

All by 31st October.

You don't think that the EU, like many remainers, assumes that it will all be hunky dory if we remain and it will not be a problem? I think their behaviour in allowing us an extension without a plan when they said we needed one shows they are not thinking ahead as much as you think they are. They are just taking the easy route out each time.
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578
    DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

OK. Fair enough.

I may have overestimated the deaths of the EU palm subsidy war in West Timor, but do you accept it is near 10-15m? We can't just wash away atrocities like this, because they are committed by a polity you admire.

You also say the deaths are "questionable". WTF. No one denies Commisioner Huhneficker was implicated. This is absurd, and also really quite offensive to the poultry.
  • Options

justin124 said:

18 I believe plus the MP for Eastbourne.
    Ah yes, Stephen Lloyd. Interesting case - will he stand again in the next GE? Will the LDs oppose him?
    Supposedly he's still a member of the party though not taking the whip in parliament. Bit annoying for him - when taking his stance he cannot have assumed we'd still not be out at this point!
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Run out of fingers?
    :smile: Quite witty.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    Cummings will have a whole raft of these sorts of populist proposals ready for the GE campaign.

Labour need to be thinking hard about how they are going to respond to them because they will go down very well everywhere bar trendy metropolitan areas that the Tories would never win anyway.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,917
    kle4 said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

I'm wary of suggesting peopple cannot really believe their own words, no matter how extreme, but come on, that's too silly to possibly be sincere.
    This so like a Sean T late at night after one too many bottles of expensive wine. Of course it's not because Byronic has told us so and we all believe him
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    Funny, but of course they are no longer Tories so it makes no sense unless all those voters who came to the SNP from other parties are not really SNP.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,115
    Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

https://twitter.com/hoitab/status/1172945172310740992?s=20
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Onto Rule Britannia now anyway, with the singer waving the LGBT flag and Scottish saltires and EU flags a plenty in the audience alongside Union Jacks.

The Daily Mail tomorrow should be interesting!
  • Options
    lol @ the sad Remainers lustily singing Rule Britannia.

Oops.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,198
    Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

OK. Fair enough.

I may have overestimated the deaths of the EU palm subsidy war in West Timor, but do you accept it is near 10-15m? We can't just wash away atrocities like this, because they are committed by a polity you admire.

You also say the deaths are "questionable". WTF. No one denies Commisioner Huhneficker was implicated. This is absurd, and also really quite offensive to the poultry.
    There was an actual war on Timor, which I generously thought you were referring to, but I see now I am being baited by a passed up troll. Awesome.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

kle4 said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

I'm wary of suggesting peopple cannot really believe their own words, no matter how extreme, but come on, that's too silly to possibly be sincere.
    This so like a Sean T late at night after one too many bottles of expensive wine. Of course it's not because Byronic has told us so and we all believe him
    It's SeanT in spoof mode, without a doubt.

It's been a good spoof @SeanT but we all prefer the real you.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

Someone's mirrored that photo :smile:
  • Options
    Byronic said:

lol @ the sad Remainers lustily singing Rule Britannia.

Oops.

Britain used to rule the waves, now under Boris Johnson it is set to waive the rules (of law)
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

FPT

Who defected??

Sam Gyimah and Rosie Duffield both heavily rumoured, but no announcement yet.
    Sam G now confirmed.
    A big gain for the Yellows, but one with zero chance of holding his seat at a general election. You could put a donkey up in that seat and if it wore a blue rosette it would win. Heck, even Dominic Cummings would probably just scrape home.
    A big gain in what sense?
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

OK. Fair enough.

There was an actual war on Timor, which I generously thought you were referring to, but I see now I am being baited by a passed up troll. Awesome.

You actually thought there was an EU PALM OIL SUBSIDY WAR WHICH KILLED POSSIBLY 400M IN WEST TIMOR, A REGION HITHERTO UNKNOWN TO HUMANKIND, EVEN THOUGH YOU WENT AND GOOGLED IT

Impressively dim. Really, really impressive. Possibly Pulitzer prize-winning dim
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,883
    HYUFD said:

Provided the Tories get a deal, ie without a GB backstop, then most voters bar a few No Deal and Brexit Party diehards will be happy with that. It likely takes a Tory majority free of the DUP to deliver it though

The existing WA has a lengthy transition period during which the UK remains a full member of the SM and has to accept Freedom of Movement but has no say in any part of the EU's decision making process even though our financial obligations remain.

So in effect we wouldn't leave until perhaps 1/4/21. I imagine if you explain that to those who think we will actually leave completely on 31/10/19 you may not get the positive reaction you imagine.

That aspect of any WA has been kept under wraps deliberately by Boris and his supporters.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited September 2019
    edit
  • Options

Don't be silly, any WA just means we enter the next phase of this interminable mess; it's not the end, it's just the end of the beginning.

Wrong. Very wrong.

To the typical voter we will be out of the EU.

They will then be looking for a government that will fight hard for the UK's interests in trade negotiations.

At this point the remainers in Labour are going to finish off the party.
  • Options
    ukelectukelect Posts: 106
    Opinium poll gives Con 353 Lab 188 SNP 51 LibDem 32 using the latest UK-Elect software,
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
  • Options

Wrong. Very wrong.

They will then be looking for a government that will fight hard for the UK's interests in trade negotiations.

At this point the remainers in Labour are going to finish off the party.
    We'll never know will we? Because it's not happening.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    stodge said:

HYUFD said:

Provided the Tories get a deal, ie without a GB backstop, then most voters bar a few No Deal and Brexit Party diehards will be happy with that. It likely takes a Tory majority free of the DUP to deliver it though

The existing WA has a lengthy transition period during which the UK remains a full member of the SM and has to accept Freedom of Movement but has no say in any part of the EU's decision making process even though our financial obligations remain.

So in effect we wouldn't leave until perhaps 1/4/21. I imagine if you explain that to those who think we will actually leave completely on 31/10/19 you may not get the positive reaction you imagine.

That aspect of any WA has been kept under wraps deliberately by Boris and his supporters.
    The EU has been giving extension periods they have never extended the transition period it still ends dec 2020.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,917

dixiedean said:

All by 31st October.
    you forgot the bit where Farage's mob then pick up their pitchforks and go on the "betrayal" "Bino" rampage and badly dent the Tory vote at the next GE. Sounds good to me
  • Options

Wrong. Very wrong.

SHould have told that to the ERG!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,974
    edited September 2019
    eek said:

IanB2 said:

Nevertheless a narrowing of the Tory tent of potential significance

I doubt 1 voter in 10 in Gyimah own constituency would know who he is never mind the wider public.

He was part of Camerons failed experiment which has brought nothing but discord to the party.

The LD's will find out soon enough just what sort of politicians they are collecting once the likes of Gymiah, Soubry, Grieve etc arrive on their doorstep.
    Grieve will not defect. He is a Tory. And he will stand as an Independent Tory. So might Soubry.
    According to EC rules they will not be allowed to.
    Actual evidence of that? independent xxx candidates are allowed to stand literal democrats aren’t.
    Yep it is classed as a Catagory 3 prohibited word by the Electoral Commission. That means it cannot be used in conjunction with any other party name or in a manner which might mislead. They specifically cite 'Independent' as an example in their 'Overview of names, descriptions and Emblems' - page 14.

• Options

Brexit will never happen you mean?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Wrong. Very wrong.

SHould have told that to the ERG!
    It's funny isn't it... the very same people who were raging on here 9 months ago about May's deal are now lauding it as the way to save the Tories.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Byronic said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
    Why? I’m proud to be British and proud to be European what is wrong with that?
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Brexit will never happen you mean?
    Probably not.

But specifically I was referring to @MarqueeMark's sequence, and most specifically, his points 1 and 2.:

All by 31st October.

• Options
    nichomar said:

Byronic said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
    Choose.
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

Someone's mirrored that photo :smile:
    I think it was just taken using the front facing camera, it's quite common.
  • Options
    I reckon this is spin to persuade the ERG to back a deal.

Remainer MPs are secretly plotting to revoke Article 50 and stop the UK leaving the European Union at the end of next month, the Government warned on Saturday night.

If no deal can be agreed with EU leaders by October, Downing Street sources say a “Remain alliance” of MPs in the Commons will try to force through new legislation to stop Brexit altogether.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/09/14/remainer-mps-planning-revoke-article-50/
  • Options
    OllyT said:

you forgot the bit where Farage's mob then pick up their pitchforks and go on the "betrayal" "Bino" rampage and badly dent the Tory vote at the next GE. Sounds good to me

Nope.

The next GE is then fought by the Tories on a manifesto of driving the best deal possible for the UK.

The LD's will be banging on about rejoining.

Labour will be setting up a circular firing squad to settle the argument about what their post-Brexit strategy should be.

Remainers are in for a horrific few months.
  • Options
    Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
    Choose.
    Shouldn’t have to
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    Alistair said:
    How many Tories are there?

Swinson
    Lloyd
    Berger
    Gyimah
    Chukka
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Remainer MPs are secretly plotting to revoke Article 50 and stop the UK leaving the European Union at the end of next month, the Government warned on Saturday night.

If no deal can be agreed with EU leaders by October, Downing Street sources say a “Remain alliance” of MPs in the Commons will try to force through new legislation to stop Brexit altogether.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/09/14/remainer-mps-planning-revoke-article-50/

Without an election or a referendum?
  • Options
    ukelectukelect Posts: 106

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

The EU has been giving extension periods they have never extended the transition period it still ends dec 2020.
    The WA transition can optionally be extended until dec 2022.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,883
    OllyT said:

<

I remember the old dimwit's reaction when I told him the only place I had ever seen an S.K Tremayne book was in the bargain bin at my local Smith's where they were going for 10p each and not getting any takers.

I got a stream of the usual verbal diarrhoea and capital letters but then we've all had one of those on here over the years.
  • Options
    stodge said:

HYUFD said:

So what, if Boris wins a general election in November the next general election will not be due until 2024, long past the end of the transition period
  • Options
    ab195ab195 Posts: 477
    The remainer tantrum when we finally leave (this time round or in five or ten years) is going to be hilarious.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Yes, hurrah for a sovereign Parliament right?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,052

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

That's a consequence of the financial settlement. If you change the end date, you open up that can of worms.

The solution is, and always has been, a phased approach over four or five years, which allows us to leave things like the CAP and CFP immediately, and with the Customs Union going last. In this way, you remove the need for the backstop as there's plenty of time to implement technology in Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    ab195 said:

The remainer tantrum when we finally leave (this time round or in five or ten years) is going to be hilarious.

TBH it will just be more of the same - will we notice the difference
  • Options
    Byronic said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
    Oh come on, it's rather sweet.

And if there'd got off their arses about three years earlier, then the result might have been different :smile:
  • Options

RobD said:

Hmm.
  • Options
    stodge said:

OllyT said:

<

I remember the old dimwit's reaction when I told him the only place I had ever seen an S.K Tremayne book was in the bargain bin at my local Smith's where they were going for 10p each and not getting any takers.

I got a stream of the usual verbal diarrhoea and capital letters but then we've all had one of those on here over the years.
    He had a rant at me about my uterus once, after discovering that I was a teacher in a state school. Unsure as to how these two things were connected. Surely I win?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Last Night of the Proms: music = good, words = not so good.
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    With Chuka Umunna, Luciana Berger, Angela Smith etc there will soon be more Labour than LDs too
  • Options
    This guy is shit at speeches

Fitting for the last night of the last night of the proms. when we are still under the Brussels yoke.

Next year, we shall meet in Jerusalem, indeed.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,924
    rcs1000 said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

That's a consequence of the financial settlement. If you change the end date, you open up that can of worms.

The solution is, and always has been, a phased approach over four or five years, which allows us to leave things like the CAP and CFP immediately, and with the Customs Union going last. In this way, you remove the need for the backstop as there's plenty of time to implement technology in Northern Ireland.
    You're using common sense and a reasonable approach again, aren't you... :)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    rcs1000 said:

Byronic said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
    Oh come on, it's rather sweet.

And if there'd got off their arses about three years earlier, then the result might have been different :smile:
    Who can blame them for sitting it out, they were taken in by The Bus.
  • Options
    And now they sing what should be played at sporting events in england
  • Options

RobD said:

Voting to give up its sovereignty.

If they do that we should just burn the place down.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,085
    Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

HYUFD said:

Byronic said:

DougSeal said:

Byronic said:

nichomar said:

Byronic said:

Sad git

TRAGIC
    Choose.
    🇬🇧 ♥️ 🇪🇺
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884

Swinson
    Lloyd
    Berger
    Gyimah
    Chukka
    Smith
  • Options

Swinson
    Lloyd
    Berger
    Gyimah
    Chukka
    Smith

On that basis you've still got many more than that in the Labour party :lol:
  • Options
    ab195 said:

We're in it.
  • Options

Swinson
    Lloyd
    Berger
    Gyimah
    Chukka
    Smith

So Swinson is a "Tory" because she served in the coalition? In which case you need to add Lamb, Cable and Davey.

And I guess Berger is a Tory, because she's not keen on antisemitism. And Chukka, because, well, because.
  • Options
    Damn thats sad. Hopefully with current treatment he will remain healthy. I have huge admirstion for him both as a player and a man.
  • Options
    "...May she defend our laws..."

You listening Boris?

• Options
    I'd love to see the wording of this question.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_ComRes/status/1172985893726117888
  • Options
    May she defend our laws
    And ever give us cause
    To sing with heart and voice
    God save the Queen

(B)ironic
  • Options
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,016
    edited September 2019
    rcs1000 said:

stodge said:

HYUFD said:

Nice to see rcs1000 confirm he’s more a PHB than one someone close to the technology.
  • Options
    These polls are all over the place at the moment.
  • Options
    ab195ab195 Posts: 477

Damn thats sad. Hopefully with current treatment he will remain healthy. I have huge admirstion for him both as a player and a man.
    Absolutely: incredibly brave, and utterly selfless. Him even saying it will cause him to be attacked, but will give hope and voice to thousands of others.
  • Options
  • Options
    I love the way the Brexit sentiment on here swings ever more wildly from Leave to Remain and back these days.

It's like an election night betting odds tracker but running over days and weeks rather than hours and minutes.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Where’s HYUFD he might need the smelling salts !

Seriously though there are some huge differences in the polling. No doubt the BBC Tory shills will make sure they report the best poll for them .
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Byronic said:

This guy is shit at speeches

Fitting for the last night of the last night of the proms. when we are still under the Brussels yoke.

Next year, we shall meet in Jerusalem, indeed.

Most woke Last Night of the Proms ever, Barry Manilow at Proms in the Park on Radio 2 was better before I turned over to BBC1.

• Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    ab195 said:

Absolutely: incredibly brave, and utterly selfless. Him even saying it will cause him to be attacked, but will give hope and voice to thousands of others.
    I doubt he'll be atacked much. In all honesty HIV/Aids is now in the category of manageable disease in most cases - very different from 10/20 years ago when it was pretty much a death sentence.
  • Options

RobD said:

Nope - revoke allows an election to occur and for us to then try to leave the EU a second time with an actual plan that the party in power supports and votes through.

Leaving makes returning to the EU more difficult. If revoke / No Deal decision is required prior to a general election revoking is the saner option (and let’s be honest won’t do the BXP any harm).
  • Options

Well yeah, May tried basically the same thing, telling MPs if they did not vote for her deal we would no deal/remain respectively. It really cut down the ERG rebels to the genuine ones like Baker and Francois, rather than phony ones like Boris and JRM.

But this also seems like the line they were planning to take assuming they could stop anti-no deal legislation, because without an extension revoke becomes much more viable right away.
  • Options
    Sad to hear but I think treatment is better now than it was for the likes of Freddie Mercury
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,886
    #ComedyResults :D
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    People saying one of these polls is wrong are wrong.

At least one of those polls is wrong.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    The polls are very unhelpful now - hard to believe that they can all be correct when they are so different. There must be serious issues with methodology somewhere - this has gone on for a while now and it really is not good enough. I'm glad I don't gamble!
  • Options
    And what was the exact question asked - as I suspect it’s rather biased that result..
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Fault is an interesting word here, since someone might think remainer MPs are most responsible and be very pleased about that.
  • Options
    This is Britain's latest aircraft carrier, sailing into Nova Scotia

https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/status/1172941116305551361?s=20

I find displays of military prowess quite vulgar. But.... hmm.... that is impressive. What a ship.
  • Options
    eek said:

RobD said:

Nope - revoke allows an election to occur and for us to then try to leave the EU a second time with an actual plan that the party in power supports and votes through.

Leaving makes returning to the EU more difficult. If revoke / No Deal decision is required prior to a general election revoking is the saner option (and let’s be honest won’t do the BXP any harm).
    If we revoke those in power will make sure we never have the chance to Leave again. They won't make the same mistake (as they see it) again. But of course you already know this.
  • Options
    Night all - early night for me tonight, up early tomorrow to watch the mass launch of 70+ balloons at Longleat tomorrow morning.

Perfect weather forecast, it should be spectacular:

https://www.longleat.co.uk/whats-on/sky-safari

Night all - happy arguing! :smile:
  • Options

eek said:

RobD said:

If we revoke those in power will make sure we never have the chance to Leave again. They won't make the same mistake (as they see it) again. But of course you already know this.
    Thank god.
This discussion has been closed.