Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The chaos continues as MPs reject all options Brexit

Comments

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    MaxPB said:

I thought these votes would get us some kind of resolution but tbh, they've made things worse.

Agreed

Corbyn and Milne must be salivating

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,294
    So Boles is going to sit alone as an Independent Progressive Conservative
  • Options
    tottenhamWCtottenhamWC Posts: 352

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

May, once again, caused this by forcing her cabinet to abstain and not using the whip to back a compromise.

Rubbish, she gave the party a free vote. More than can be said for Labour MPs when the PM's deal comes to the house. Labour are cowards who want no deal.
    May can be criticised for many things, but allowing her junior ministers and MP's to vote as they wish is not one of them.
    Indeed. It's a completely stupid argument from Labour supporters. Asking the government to whip in favour of positions it opposes whilst similarly offering nothing close to that on the government's position.

Labour MPs are signing the no deal paperwork along with the ERG, they will get the blame. Especially now that Parliament has rejected all other options.

Labour will get next to no blame. They should do, but the Tories will own No Deal.

We won't, our party has tried to ram it through parliament three times, our PM offered her resignation to get it done. We've done our part. Labour will take the hit, especially given that it's their voters that oppose no deal the most and they have consistently voted against the deal on offer which avoids no deal.

Yep, Labour is likely to pick up most of the votes of those who oppose No Deal once an election comes. My guess is there’ll be more of them than support No Deal.

Yep - especially when no deal is a clusterf*ck
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    Floater said:
    The number of people who don't get this is a parody account, and think that Donald Tusk has the twitter handle 'Donald Tusk not', gives me no hope for humanity at all.

PS anyone know who shouted "YES" in the HoC on the announcement of 280 Ayes for the Kyle amendment, only to find Noes got 292?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,161
    Huw Merriman the 'don't go' man apparently.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    The SNP are starting to sniff another Independence referendum I reckon.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,788

Questions to the brains trusts....

Wikipedia says Con seat total is 312.

I make it 318 elected. Lose 1 for Bercow, 3 to the Tiggers and 1 for Nick Boles this evening. Who is the other one?

1 Deputy Speaker
  • Options
    I've chosen April to quit drinking.
    Why.
    WHY?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,171
    Pulpstar said:

Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:

Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

May, once again, caused this by forcing her cabinet to abstain and not using the whip to back a compromise.

Rubbish, she gave the party a free vote. More than can be said for Labour MPs when the PM's deal comes to the house. Labour are cowards who want no deal.
    May can be criticised for many things, but allowing her junior ministers and MP's to vote as they wish is not one of them.
    Exactly, it's absolutely hilarious as a criticism. Previously @Jonathan has been blaming her for not listening and trying to force her view of things on MPs. Now he's criticising her for letting MPs say what they want rather than telling them what to do.
    She ain’t listening. It’s just more brinkmanship in pursuit of her lousy deal. She could end this at any time, by whipping either of today’s top options. She doesn’t because she would lose her right wing. It’s carefully constructed.
    No, it's totally unreasonable to expect a government to whip against its own policy. Allowing a free vote is as much as one can reasonably expect.
    When the policy has been defeated three times you friggin’ change it.
    May stripped out the entire political declaration !!! You know the bit Corbyn had an issue with, then he opposed it. Oh of course he opposed it... on the basis it was a .............. "blindfold Brexit".
    Anything we do requires the WA to be passed, and you accuse May of not compromising ?!
    The hypocrisy of Corbyn's Labour is a wonder to behold.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Well nothing else for it really.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

• Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,101

Oh fuck. That waste of skin Burgon is on Newsnight

Who is more despised on PB - Burgon or Francois ?
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300
    kle4 said:

Does this mean I need to head back to CostCo for a years supply of bog roll?

You haven't already stocked up? Ooh boy, you will be shit out of luck I am afraid.

Can you pick up a sack of popcorn too? Kthxbai
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    kle4 said:

Is it true not all SNP MPs voted the same way? I apologise to them, I didn't think that was possible.

It appears even the Lib Dems and SNP are not immune from the stresses, unless there's an obvious reason I'm missing.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,709
    That's the problem, people are rejecting something they could compromise on, for the one thing they do want.

This is on all of them.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,964

HYUFD said:

And thus the Cameron project to modernise the Conservative Party finally dies. I don’t see how the “traditional” one in alliance with hard right English nationalism gets an electoral majority ever again.

By losing Scotland, which is very likely if No Deal, England had a Tory majority of 60 at the last general election. Even England and Wales alone had a Tory majority of 36.

Fair point. The break-up of the UK could do the trick in the abstract, but the practical consequences of that happening are less predictable IMO.

I think the idea that if Scotland left there would be a built in Tory majority is wishful thinking. What I believe would happen - though I have no evidence for it - is that there would be a rebalancing of public opinion and we would end up pretty much back at the sort of party ratios we have seen over the last 40 or 50 years.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,264
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

Cyclefree said:

So the ERG are even closer now to winning, aren’t they? No Deal inches closer. Barely a week to go.

And being closer to winning presumably puts more of them in the Drax position of being less willing to give the WA another shot.

Parliament really has disappointed when it has 'taken control'. First they didn't pass Letwin the first time even though May and co had messed everything up, then both votes after Letwin nothing passes! Multi stage, sure, but don't tell me they expected that.
    Aren't the DUP going to notice, at some point, that No Deal/WTO crapfest involves a harder border than anything they tell their kids at bedtime as a horror story?
    DUP are not bothered by a border on land, they don't want one at sea.
    I thought they didn't want either?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

Do we have to choose?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081

No. Fuck off Matt. You've been defeated massively three times .it's dead. As is your government
    I don't think anybody should be objecting to repeated votes on things at this point since
    * Something needs to pass
    * Everything has failed at least once
    * Things are getting closer on subsequent votes
    If anything May’s deal will go backwards now that ‘No Deal’ is an option again.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,844
    Danny565 said:

viewcode said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

Exactly, it's absolutely hilarious as a criticism. Previously @Jonathan has been blaming her for not listening and trying to force her view of things on MPs. Now he's criticising her for letting MPs say what they want rather than telling them what to do.
    She ain’t listening. It’s just more brinkmanship in pursuit of her lousy deal. She could end this at any time, by whipping either of today’s top options. She doesn’t because she would lose her right wing.
    Err, you don't seem to have quite taken into account the fact that Corbyn could have ended this at any time (since November) by whipping his MPs to back the deal which is actually on the table, or even giving them a free vote. After all the deal on the table is almost exactly consistent with Labour's stated policy. So I'd be interested in your justification for blaming her and not him for the impasse.
    They both need to find a position they can agree. May takes the blame because she has not moved a millimetre. Corbyn has moved.
    He's moved towards her position? Really?
    Corbyn will offer anything and everything, except for anything that would be accepted or would in any way prevent No Deal. He is Leave's most doughty defender.
    LMAO at people still pushing this line.

If Corbyn 'wanted' No Deal, it literally would've happened by now. Without him putting Labour in support of the Caroline Spelman motion blocking No Deal, it wouldn't have passed, and we would've automatically left the EU last Friday...
    And yet we still have no deal...
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    edited April 2019
    'Last week this amendment won the most votes'.

So they should approve whatever got the most votes, eh? May would like a word
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,215

I'm feeling a lot like Nick Boles at the moment.

Who’s the Tory MP who appealed to Nick not to go?
    Sounded like Rory to me.
    It was Huw Merriman
    Floater said:

We now have the massive splits in direction showing in all parties (bar DUP and SNP). Impossible to pull a party together never mind parties.

So we'll have increased rowing. More resignations. We'll crash out with no deal. And then a general election where both major parties are lead by useless deadweight idiots most MPs want shut of with a policy platform of Fuck Knows

Can we vote for Cyclefree instead?
    We could do worse.

There’s more sense talked on this forum than comes out of most MPs’ mouths.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Jonathan said:
    That's because most tories support Mays deal... no brainer

(or no deal, both of which weren't voted on).
  • Options

Can't we have the two of them shot into the sun?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,608

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

Indeed. It's a completely stupid argument from Labour supporters. Asking the government to whip in favour of positions it opposes whilst similarly offering nothing close to that on the government's position.

Labour MPs are signing the no deal paperwork along with the ERG, they will get the blame. Especially now that Parliament has rejected all other options.

Labour will get next to no blame. They should do, but the Tories will own No Deal.

We won't, our party has tried to ram it through parliament three times, our PM offered her resignation to get it done. We've done our part. Labour will take the hit, especially given that it's their voters that oppose no deal the most and they have consistently voted against the deal on offer which avoids no deal.

Yep, Labour is likely to pick up most of the votes of those who oppose No Deal once an election comes. My guess is there’ll be more of them than support No Deal.

Honestly, you're kidding yourself just like all those Tory supporters were when May revealed the dementia tax/house snatching. Labour get fucked even worse by no deal than we do.
  • Options
    dotsdots Posts: 615

I would assume the ERG are on top of the world tonight as the legislation to stop no deal and approve our participation in the EU elections will not receive royal assent by a week on friday

TM attending the EU brexit crisis meeting on the 10th April will have the EU in a spin and the Irish Border will become the EU and Varadkar's worst nightmare, as they either put up a border or agree to no borders as predicted by the ERG and DUP

I would expect some form of transistion to no deal

It is more than possible, but equally HMG could have fallen in the meantime

Are you saying it’s the boost for May the times is declaring, or more boost for the 200 MPs manage no deal trying to force her hand?

I don’t think we are in position on 10th where EU have no answer to backstop. Heads of France and Germany working on it this week, likely no change at first, checks away from border later. Which if you don’t like idea of managed no deal is quite worrying?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    IanB2 said:

Until the election.....
  • Options

He just made a reasonable point on Newsnight, and now I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:
    They need to pick their second favourite now, that’s the point.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,738
    kinabalu said:

Bit of a farce as expected. 2 routes from here IMO -

1. Pass the WA only. Leave. New Tory leader. General Election.
    2. Extension. New Tory leader. General Election.

In (1) the election decides the Future Relationship.
    In (2) the election decides whether we have another Referendum.

And neither of those routes solve anything because they absences of decisions rather than decisions that could be agreed with or rejected.

Regrettably it's coming up to shock therapy where the threat of No Deal chaos (and let's not use "managed" euphimisms) or the real thing will panic politicians into some course of action.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,134

So realistically what should one panic buy? Ive got toilet roll, pasta, tinned food and bottled water. What am I missing?

Alcohol, by the sound of it.
  • Options

So realistically what should one panic buy? Ive got toilet roll, pasta, tinned food and bottled water. What am I missing?

A knife, to 'persuade' those who have stocked up on things you've missed.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Ishmael_Z said:
    "Making" - no, already was?
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    I went for a curry with someone last week who knows Francois :lol:
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Is it true not all SNP MPs voted the same way? I apologise to them, I didn't think that was possible.

Wishart abstained on a PV !
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

Honestly, you're kidding yourself just like all those Tory supporters were when May revealed the dementia tax/house snatching. Labour get fucked even worse by no deal than we do.

Good luck with that, Max!

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,658

Console yourself with the thought Francois never will.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    There's already over a hundred Tories going for their second favourite, it's called "May's deal"
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,738
    Pulpstar said:

Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:

Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

She ain’t listening. It’s just more brinkmanship in pursuit of her lousy deal. She could end this at any time, by whipping either of today’s top options. She doesn’t because she would lose her right wing. It’s carefully constructed.
    No, it's totally unreasonable to expect a government to whip against its own policy. Allowing a free vote is as much as one can reasonably expect.
    When the policy has been defeated three times you friggin’ change it.
    May stripped out the entire political declaration !!! You know the bit Corbyn had an issue with, then he opposed it. Oh of course he opposed it... on the basis it was a .............. "blindfold Brexit".
    Anything we do requires the WA to be passed, and you accuse May of not compromising ?!
    She didn't.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,294

I make it 318 elected. Lose 1 for Bercow, 3 to the Tiggers and 1 for Nick Boles this evening. Who is the other one?

Bercow.
    There were those two Tories suspended, who May let back again to participate in her confidence vote - I believe one of them is suspended again
  • Options

kle4 said:

You haven't already stocked up? Ooh boy, you will be shit out of luck I am afraid.
    My mother, who is veteran stockpiler from the 1970s, when we last tried to burn our own country to the ground, informs me that the main toilet paper manufacturers have an enormous stockpile ready.

Brie is another matter.
    Might double up the Sainsbo's delivery again this week. Don't want to run low on pineapple.
    Very wise.

I have been astonished that the panic buying has not started.

Clearly, that's my age, and vast majority under 55 think the old just in time supply system is the god given right of any free born englishman who has a wifi connection.
    It'll start next Thursday when it's clear from the EU Summit that they are washing their hands of us
    They'll all be late then. This weekend is the last shopping trip before le deluge.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    I don't want a GE until the end of the Peterborough recall petition.

I want her to be kicked out. We need to see that justice happen.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    They were given a free vote. Let's see Labour do the same when some repackaged version of the WA comes back around in a few days.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
    Quite a lot of MPs (including Corbyn) voted for multiple options tonight, actually.
  • Options

That's the problem, people are rejecting something they could compromise on, for the one thing they do want.

This is on all of them.
    Of course it is - they have the gall to call themselves public servants.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    Anne Widdecombe says it's the worst Prime Minister since Eden, worst opposition leader in the history of the Labour party, and worst Parliament since Cromwell.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

kle4 said:

My mother, who is veteran stockpiler from the 1970s, when we last tried to burn our own country to the ground, informs me that the main toilet paper manufacturers have an enormous stockpile ready.

Brie is another matter.
    Might double up the Sainsbo's delivery again this week. Don't want to run low on pineapple.
    Very wise.

Clearly, that's my age, and vast majority under 55 think the old just in time supply system is the god given right of any free born englishman who has a wifi connection.
    Who needs panic buying when you have Amazon Prime?
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

Huw Merriman the 'don't go' man apparently.

Yes, confirmed by the man himself.
  • Options
    AmpfieldAndyAmpfieldAndy Posts: 1,445
    edited April 2019
    IanB2 said:

A regular Nobby no-mates - at least until the next GE when he is unlikely to be asked to grace HoC with his presence.
  • Options

No. Fuck off Matt. You've been defeated massively three times .it's dead. As is your government
    I don't think anybody should be objecting to repeated votes on things at this point since
    Oh I get that. Whilst I don't think it right the government gets to have multiple goes, it's also not right that the other options keep going round and round.

No deal. Revoke. General Election. They remain the choices. Or, my prediction no deal and then a general election.

I look forward to having UKIP MP Tommy Robinson as Secretary of State for Justice
  • Options

Anne Widdecombe says it's the worst Prime Minister since Eden, worst opposition leader in the history of the Labour party, and worst Parliament since Cromwell.

Unfair on Eden.

Worst PM since Lord North at least. And that might be unfair on Lord North.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1112836136165146626

Or GE.

The Cabinet decide tomorrow (although they will pretend May has another go first).
  • Options
    dots said:

I would assume the ERG are on top of the world tonight as the legislation to stop no deal and approve our participation in the EU elections will not receive royal assent by a week on friday

TM attending the EU brexit crisis meeting on the 10th April will have the EU in a spin and the Irish Border will become the EU and Varadkar's worst nightmare, as they either put up a border or agree to no borders as predicted by the ERG and DUP

Are you saying it’s the boost for May the times is declaring, or more boost for the 200 MPs manage no deal trying to force her hand?

I don’t think we are in position on 10th where EU have no answer to backstop. Heads of France and Germany working on it this week, likely no change at first, checks away from border later. Which if you don’t like idea of managed no deal is quite worrying?
    I was expressing a logic to the chain of events over the next 10 days

On a personal level I totally reject no deal and want the WDA approved, thereby allowing this country to go into transistion on the 22nd May
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Hmmm - I'm sure you are joking but not the wisest of posts.

Ignore toilet roll - there really is so problem with that.

• Options

kle4 said:

Brie is another matter.
    Very wise.

It'll start next Thursday when it's clear from the EU Summit that they are washing their hands of us
    They'll all be late then. This weekend is the last shopping trip before le deluge.
    Oh sure. But panic buying starts orecizepr because it is too late
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1112836136165146626

Or GE.

The Cabinet decide tomorrow (although they will pretend May has another go first).

Wasn't Peston predicting various options would pass?
  • Options

Which of Cromwell's parliaments was the worse, did she say?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Console yourself with the thought Francois never will.
    I'm not one for violence, but I'd stand in a queue all day long to punch him in the face.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Sean_F said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

Good luck with that, Max!

Your party is watching no deal happen. Your supporters want to avoid no deal. A free vote on MV3 would have seen it pass and we'd have avoided no deal and the options for the future relationship would be completely open for whatever customs union or other Labour policy proposal to spring on the government during the final votes, bit you didn't. Your party decided to vote it down. Taking us another step closer to no deal. Cowards.
  • Options

Unfair on Eden.

Worst PM since Lord North at least. And that might be unfair on Lord North.
    Lord North I reckon. Although there is always the Chamberlain factor.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    What if MPs could vote on May's deal via the bits of paper, anonymously.

How many would cast for it?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Danny565 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
    Quite a lot of MPs (including Corbyn) voted for multiple options tonight, actually.
    Absolutely. Labour did its bit. If Corbyn can whip for Ken Clarke he has moved a loooooong way.
  • Options
    It's at times like this I can understand the appeal of military coups
  • Options

Tell it to Bercow. Not that the general rule is a bad one, but these are exceptional circumstances, and as you say something needs to pass.

• Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,713

1 Deputy Speaker. Labour lose 2 Deputy speakers.
    No, that's not it. It doesn't count Deputy Speakers.

Ah, it's been fixed now. Says 313. I think too many editors took Nick Boles off twice.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,101
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    The second favourite of 200+ Conservative MPs is either May's Deal or No Deal.
  • Options
    dotsdots Posts: 615
    Tory MPs coalescing around full fat brexit without any remainery lean?
  • Options
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,122
    Ishmael_Z said:
    7% too busy crying to laugh.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Scott_P said:
    Anyone who could vote for an idiot who says such a thing is also an idiot.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Danny565 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
    Absolutely. Labour did it’s bit. If Corbyn can whip for Ken Clarke he has moved a loooooong way.
    Then give labour MPs a free vote when MV4 comes back. The government just did it for Tory MPs. Loads of them voted for the customs union which is against current policy.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    No. No...he, he didn't really say that did he?! My brain is exploding right now.
  • Options

It's at times like this I can understand the appeal of military coups

Lets keep that in mind for if Corbyn gets in :-)
  • Options

I think you're right and if that happens the ERG and DUP should be lauded as heroes.

It is a win/win scenario.

The EU puts up a border and Varadkar will be slaughtered for screwing this up and they'll want a deal to get the border back down and goodbye backstop.

Or more likely as the ERG/DUP have said all along they don't put up a border, the bluff is called. Talks can begin to get a deal without the backstop.

Either way talks can begin on equals having stood up and refused to kowtow.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,250
    edited April 2019
    Deleted
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    Danny565 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
    Ever so easy not to actually take a position on something
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Surprise Derbyshire votes -

Dennis Skinner for PV !
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Why the disguise of a 'final ultimatum'? That's already been tried, if they think no deal is the way to go just bloody say so upfront.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

Danny565 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
    Absolutely. Labour did it’s bit. If Corbyn can whip for Ken Clarke he has moved a loooooong way.
    Then give labour MPs a free vote when MV4 comes back. The government just did it for Tory MPs. Loads of them voted for the customs union which is against current policy.
    Mays deal lost three times. The onus is on the govt to offer something new. Perhaps something for the opposition this time. You know what we want. Protection for jobs and protection against what we see a deregulated free market Brexit. The right wing ultras will have to lose some of their so called trade deals. Go on, give it a try.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Toby Perkins voted against PV, but Dennis Skinner for !

eh?
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    kle4 said:

Which of Cromwell's parliaments was the worse, did she say?
    Barebones’ I should imagine.
  • Options
    Floater said:

kle4 said:

Hmmm - I'm sure you are joking but not the wisest of posts.

Gallows humour does not have any impact on present societal ills.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    The Common Market 2.0 criticism of People Vote MPs is classic pot kettle black name-calling. They're both as bad as each other - "you have to compromise by agreeing with me" is astonishingly infantile.
  • Options

kle4 said:

How many defeats is permissable, in your eyes? Everything has been defeated multiple times.
    This is ultimately becoming the problem. Everything in the end is going to be massively discredited as an option. Everything's taking a beating.

The winner is going to be the one that goes the 12 rounds, Rocky style, dead on its feet.
    Fury Brexit?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,964

IanB2 said:

A regular Nobby no-mates - at least until the next GE when he is unlikely to be asked to grace HoC with his presence.
    I am disappointed in the way Boles reacted tonight. He has behaved in a generally reasonable manner as far as Brexit itself is concerned but his tendency to stamp off in a strop when he doesn't get his way as he did noth in his constituency and then again tonight show a real deep character flaw.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Jonathan said:

MaxPB said:

Jonathan said:

Danny565 said:

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:
    Why? No one else is.
    Mays deal lost three times. The onus is on the govt to offer something new. Perhaps something for the opposition this time. You know what we want. Protection for jobs and protection against what we see a deregulated free market Brexit. The right wing ultras will have to lose some of their so called trade deals. Go on, give it a try.
    There is no other deal on offer from the EU. It is entirely appropriate to offer their deal again before we default to No Deal.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Toby Perkins voted against PV, but Dennis Skinner for !

eh?
    Just checked, Perkins voted for PV. Sorry, duff info.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080

The Common Market 2.0 criticism of People Vote MPs is classic pot kettle black name-calling. They're both as bad as each other - "you have to compromise by agreeing with me" is astonishingly infantile.

To be fair to Nick Boles, he did vote for a People's Vote today after saying he wouldn't.
This discussion has been closed.