Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A Dilemma

Comments

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,392
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

England are more hopelessly lost than a female intern in the Kennedy White House.

Gayle might even win this win ten overs to spare.

England need wickets. Unbelievably they don't have enough runs.
    In particular, England need one wicket. But my golden touch seems to have deserted me.

The only real question now is whether Gayle gets 216 or not for a career-best.
    I think it is in his mind. He has slowed right down and looks very focused.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Can someone please tell me that the Marvelous Mrs Maisel gets a lot better (just finished episode 1...)

It gets a lot better.... but it doesn't get great, It remains diverting and entertaining. A pleasant bit of fluff, worth an hour with nothing better to do.
    tyvm I'll give it a few more episodes. Had to watch the first few episodes of the Wire with the subtitles on so will stick with this.
    It is a dilemma, isn't it? Normally I will give a show two, or maybe three episodes max. But
    I tried to watch Russian Doll the other day (on the personal recommendation of Robert Smithson junior). And it was so shit I have abandoned it after 1 episode. It was UTTER shit.

On the other hand, I remember Spartacus. That began quite badly, like a lurid cartoon, with an odd script, and lot of tits and blood. It was OK. Silly but fun. I decided to give it a chance.

By episode five, and after a dramatic improvement, I was hooked. By episode 23 I was stunned. A superb and compelling piece of TV art. Still one of the best (and most underrated) TV drama series EVER. AND it survived the real life death of its hero actor, and went on to greater heights. Magnificent. AND they ended it brilliantly, which is really rare. BRAVO.

Show me to wine, Crixtus.
    And let us not forget Parks and Recreation didn't get really good until the last couple episodes of Season 2, about 30 episodes in.
  • Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549
    kle4 said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Can someone please tell me that the Marvelous Mrs Maisel gets a lot better (just finished episode 1...)

It gets a lot better.... but it doesn't get great, It remains diverting and entertaining. A pleasant bit of fluff, worth an hour with nothing better to do.
    tyvm I'll give it a few more episodes. Had to watch the first few episodes of the Wire with the subtitles on so will stick with this.
    It is a dilemma, isn't it? Normally I will give a show two, or maybe three episodes max. But
    I tried to watch Russian Doll the other day (on the personal recommendation of Robert Smithson junior). And it was so shit I have abandoned it after 1 episode. It was UTTER shit.

On the other hand, I remember Spartacus. That began quite badly, like a lurid cartoon, with an odd script, and lot of tits and blood. It was OK. Silly but fun. I decided to give it a chance.

By episode five, and after a dramatic improvement, I was hooked. By episode 23 I was stunned. A superb and compelling piece of TV art. Still one of the best (and most underrated) TV drama series EVER. AND it survived the real life death of its hero actor, and went on to greater heights. Magnificent. AND they ended it brilliantly, which is really rare. BRAVO.

And let us not forget Parks and Recreation didn't get really good until the last couple episodes of Season 2, about 30 episodes in.
    Yes! Absolutely right. I advise people to simply skip season 1 .And yet Season 3 and 4 of Parks and Rec are just sublime, they nailed the characters brilliantly, at last.

Season 5 (where I am now) is a bit sketchy. Some good moments, but not quite as brilliant....
  • Options
    DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

England are more hopelessly lost than a female intern in the Kennedy White House.

In particular, England need one wicket. But my golden touch seems to have deserted me.

I'm claiming that one. Game on or too much damage done?
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    SeanT said:

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Yes! Absolutely right. I advise people to simply skip season 1 .And yet Season 3 and 4 of Parks and Rec are just sublime, they nailed the characters brilliantly, at last.

Season 5 (where I am now) is a bit sketchy. Some good moments, but not quite as brilliant....
    My wife and I love that... both into local gvt also helps...
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,816
    Dadge said:

nico67 said:

Even if May gets her deal through there’s still the matter of the WAIB .

That can be amended so could still run into trouble . One does feel though that even if Mays deal gets defeated it will be by much less than last time and so could limp on when huge pressure will be put on Tory rebels from both sides of the debate .

You can’t get a more staunch Remainer than myself but at this point I want Mays deal to go through because I don’t want a huge rupture with the EU that will sour relations for a long time .

Remainers need to fight for a softer Brexit in the transition period which could still happen . I can’t see another EU vote happening and it’s best to move on at this point.

May's Deal might be approved by the HoC subject to confirmation in a 2nd Ref (via amendment).
    I suppose this is looking a likely outcome now. This will be Labour’s position, and I can't see how May has the numbers without Labour support.
    If all the opposition parties support a 'subject to confirmation by a referendum' amendment to the MV, May should let it pass - she is then off the hook.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,967

Sean_F said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

A small break from Brexit into geneaology?

So I have always felt authentically Cornish, but not very posh.

My sister however has taken things further. She has gone back

So I'm *quite* posh after all.

I'm certainly glad I took my rightful name Tremayne.

Is this Peverell related to your ancestor:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Peverel

And not wanting to upset you but wiki says that 'there is no evidence of any illegitimate children born to WtC':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_the_Conqueror#Family_and_children
    I have seen the disputes by these vile heretics. However, lot of historians believe Maud really did father the Peverell boy.

https://www.geni.com/people/Ranulph-de-Peverel-of-Hatfield/6000000002134874447
    This reminds us of another of the problems when tracing your ancestors: cuckoldry. It is estimated that 1-2% of children are unwittingly raised by fathers who are not their biological fathers. Over 40 generations that makes it more likely than not that the apparent genetic line is not the real one.

Still, if I were in Sean_T's shoes I'd still be claiming descent from William the Conq. :smile:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/06/the-paternity-myth-the-rarity-of-cuckoldry/#.XHbsFC10c_U
    Yeah. I'm deffo claiming William the Conq.

Besides, even if Ranulph wasn't born of Maud and William the Bastard (evidence suggests he was), that means my great great great great blah blah.... grandmother, born in 1003, is..

The Countess Mortaigne Herleve Arlette Fitzcourtanneur Fitzrichard (De Falaise), Duchess of Normandy

Which, I aver, is still FAIRLY posh.

https://www.geni.com/people/Countss-Mortaigne-Herleve-Fitzcourtanneur-Fitzrichard-Duchess-of-Normandy/6000000028341829327

Most white English are descended from him. Most of us are descended from Muhammed, as well.

I can trace one part of my ancestry to 1689. Lieutenant Tubman (the maiden name of my maternal grandmother) fought at the siege of Derry and the Battle of the Boyne, and got several hundred acres in South Tyrone, in reward.
    Shouldn't you now be a DUP MP, then?
    Maybe I would be, if I'd been brought up there.

Tubman, though a Protestant, initially volunteered to fight for King James (many Protestants viewed him as the rightful monarch, despite his religion). But, James' general, Tyrconnell, doubted the loyalty of Protestant soldiers, and fired him. So, he fought for William, instead.

• Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Game on, I suspect. Still a lot for the WIndies to do.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Sounds like nonsense to me, and that someone saw her talking to one of the whips and made an assumption. May is crap, but I don't buy that story.
  • Options
    notme2 said:

SeanT said:

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

I think Ron Swanson might be my favourite TV character from any TV sitcom in the history of TV.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,820
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

It is worth watching for Tony Shalhoub alone.

• Options
    WIIIICKKKKKKKKETTTTTTTTT....
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,396
    I'm claiming 50% of that dismissal.

@DavidL is welcome to the other half!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Unlike many(most) shows, they nailed the ending though.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Damage done. Holder to get 100 off 50 and they win with an over to spare.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

notme2 said:

SeanT said:

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

I think Ron Swanson might be my favourite TV character from any TV sitcom in the history of TV.
    It's an easy joke, but this was my favourite line of his from the show because it is so true to my heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhS1fN_wwVw
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited February 2019
    120 off last15 overs in modern ODI is standard. Still WIs game to lose.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Ok you can have that one.
  • Options

120 off 15 overs in modern ODI is standard. Still WIs game to lose.

5 down though - doable, but not as easy.
  • Options
    Well, I'm definitely claiming that one!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Make that 4 wickets.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

You've sold it I'll check it out.
  • Options
    Oh god, Joe Rogan has got Alex Jones on again....
  • Options
    SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106
    Scott_P said:

The Brexiteers still think they are winning

https://twitter.com/mariacaulfield/status/1100852555113000961

I escorted my parents to one of those Brexit rallies...'no deal, no problem'.

There was absolutely no doubt in the collective hive mind that we would be leaving without a hitch premised on the ref result and nothing else. The ERG seem to have suspended disbelief in a similar fashion.

One thing I would say about the rally was Farage was outstanding in his delivery, not so much content, but the oratory was superb.

Davis, Hoey etc were wallflowers in comparison.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Seriously close now. Quite hard for lower order batsmen to keep that rate up for long enough. Still need to get wickets though, to keep the rate down.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

ydoethur said:

Holder is out
  • Options
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

Seriously close now. Quite hard for lower order batsmen to keep that rate up for long enough. Still need to get wickets though, to keep the rate down.
    Nah, this Windies lower order is awesome. Braithwiate to get a hundred off 40 balls and win with two overs to spare.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,444
    SunnyJim said:

Scott_P said:

There was absolutely no doubt in the collective hive mind that we would be leaving without a hitch premised on the ref result and nothing else. The ERG seem to have suspended disbelief in a similar fashion.

One thing I would say about the rally was Farage was outstanding in his delivery, not so much content, but the oratory was superb.

Must be one of them who's been stumping up £1000s on BFE backing a no deal exit on 29/3. Hopefully free money for everyone else. Now @ 1.13 (no 'no deal' exit on 29/3)
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,333

Do you ever post without a GE in it?

I do tend to mention a GE as a possibility if I'm considering what might happen if Mrs May ends up being unable to get her Brexit deal through.

Because ... it has to be a possibility.

Don't you think?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

Nah, this Windies lower order is awesome. Braithwiate to get a hundred off 40 balls and win with two overs to spare.
    Brathwaite is definitely the danger man here. Get him and it really is game on.
  • Options
    Is somebody suggesting that the West Indies bat deep?
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

Scott_P said:

Superb oratory has led to dark times in the past. Just saying.
  • Options

They bat as deep as antisemitism in the Labour Party. And that's pretty fecking deep.

They're going to win by three wickets.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

They bat as deep as antisemitism in the Labour Party. And that's pretty fecking deep.

Not while Rashid is bowling.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

You mean, they're going to win by four wickets as Rashid is bowling pies that wouldn't get out a club cricketer?

*looks expectantly at Cricinfo*
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

I do tend to mention a GE as a possibility if I'm considering what might happen if Mrs May ends up being unable to get her Brexit deal through.

Don't you think?
    Since TIG and their relationship with the Lib Dems I believe a GE before brexit is very unlikely

If TM deal goes through a GE in the Autumn may be possible but nothing can be stated with certainty
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Arrogance does not help their cause
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The big interest if Mays deal gets voted down and then we see the no deal vote what the government does .

You’d think a free vote would be the way to go. If they whipped against removing no deal they’d see resignations and things could really kick off . If they whip to remove no deal they’d see more problems.

I suppose the key interest would be what May voted for . Can she avoid voting!
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,920
    Scott_P said:
    A possibly apocryphal tale I heard of Northern Irish politics in the 60s.
    Obviously the Catholics never voted with the Protestants. One time, the Catholics all deliberately all voted the wrong way (nominally with the government), thus causing a motion to fail because all the Protestants just automatically voted against the Catholics.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Scott_P said:
    The short term win of over-turning the result will leave us much diminished as a democracy.

Not only will we unleash what is, at the moment, a political cancer on our extremes there will also be the issue of the EU having a permanently recalcitrant member holding the rest of the continent back from moving in the direction they want to go.

Let the EU move forward as it wants to unencumbered with a nation who clearly holds little love for the project.

And in the meantime remainers can marshal their resources and arguments to make a positive case for rejoining, without reservation, and look to take the UK back in to the heart of the EU in an honest, rather than a subversive, way.
  • Options
    The_TaxmanThe_Taxman Posts: 2,979
    The interesting question I have been toying in my mind is who was worse as Labour Leader, the incumbent or Gordon Brown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTE6cTBrGcA
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456

kinabalu said:

Don't you think?
    Since TIG and their relationship with the Lib Dems I believe a GE before brexit is very unlikely

If TM deal goes through a GE in the Autumn may be possible but nothing can be stated with certainty
    If mrs May wants GE she will be able to get one . The Opposition will not veto the opportunity and the Tory party will assist if they see a chance to demolish labour as the brexit betrayers
  • Options

The interesting question I have been toying in my mind is who was worse as Labour Leader, the incumbent or Gordon Brown?

Corbyn is as tin eared, dishonest and irascible as Brown. However:

1) He is not PM, so has less excuse for such behaviour;

2) Brown wasn't quite such an unabashed cronyist. He sacked Damian Macbride and Derek Draper. Can anyone see Corbyn sacking Milne?

So I'd give it to the Very Naughty Boy.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,825
    Skint Britain on 4 at the moment on UC in Hartlepool

Compelling viewing, but hard to see how Brexit is going to lead them to the sunlight uplands.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Don't you think?

Post TIG I think the only risk of an early election is that defections from both big parties step up and the leadership's decide to run an early election to kill off the defections
  • Options
    Have developments over the last couple of days killed off further defections I wonder.

If Labour TIGs had reached 20+ I could actually see (if I squint a bit) the logic for May in calling a GE.

At the moment though, I think not.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Corbyn is as tin eared, dishonest and irascible as Brown. However:

1) He is not PM, so has less excuse for such behaviour;

2) Brown wasn't quite such an unabashed cronyist. He sacked Damian Macbride and Derek Draper. Can anyone see Corbyn sacking Milne?

So I'd give it to the Very Naughty Boy.
    I would probably agree with you. I always found Brown easy to hate but given the current Labour leader, Brown whilst terrible does not seem as bad and Brown was certainty not traitorous when it came to national security unlike Corbyn!
  • Options

Brown was mad but not stupid. So 1-0 to him.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    So if this Parliament lasts about 18 months more, they'll be back where they started?
  • Options
    Dammit, my touch has gone, Braithwaite really is powering Windies to a sensational win.
  • Options
    Bloody hell that was a massive hit.
  • Options

Brown was unsuited to the PM role, but Corbyn is unsuited to any kind of proper job. He'd be out of his depth as a shift supervisor in Tesco.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

You mean, they're going to win by four wickets as Rashid is bowling pies that wouldn't get out a club cricketer?

You just jinxed us.

• Options
    Rashid is bowling utter shit.
  • Options

Brown was unsuited to the PM role, but Corbyn is unsuited to any kind of proper job. He'd be out of his depth as a shift supervisor in Tesco.
    That seems quite disparaging. For a start, it implies he might not be out of his depth working on a shift at Tesco as long as he wasn't the supervisor. So it's not fair to supermarket workers.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Brathwaite is a phenomenally strong hitter of a cricket ball.

Brought Wood back to get him.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

I'm not sure even Sydney Barnes in his pomp could win it for England from here.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    DavidL said:

I think Brown's problem was that he is one of nature's lieutenants. Excellent in a supporting rôle but just not suited for being in a buck-stops-here job.
  • Options
    oh FFS...2 extra runs off that over from piss poor fielding.
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

Have developments over the last couple of days killed off further defections I wonder.

If Labour TIGs had reached 20+ I could actually see (if I squint a bit) the logic for May in calling a GE.

Most of the Labour TIGs represent safe Labour seats though, only Penistone is marginal with a majority of 1,322. So in a GE I could see TIG being wiped out with little effort from the Labour party, meaning Labour could go after Tory held seats in the marginals.

The marginals might be a different prospect for TIG but which ones do they choose and how are they going to decide the good prospects from the less fertile ground? It does have to be remembered that in 1983 the SDP had been going for a couple of years plus they had an electoral alliance with the Liberals. I should not give it as given the Tories would make gains in a snap election although there is nothing to stop them trying!
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited February 2019
    SunnyJim said:

Scott_P said:
    The short term win of over-turning the result will leave us much diminished as a democracy.

Not only will we unleash what is, at the moment, a political cancer on our extremes there will also be the issue of the EU having a permanently recalcitrant member holding the rest of the continent back from moving in the direction they want to go.

Let the EU move forward as it wants to unencumbered with a nation who clearly holds little love for the project.

And in the meantime remainers can marshal their resources and arguments to make a positive case for rejoining, without reservation, and look to take the UK back in to the heart of the EU in an honest, rather than a subversive, way.
    The economic 'cancer' and social shock and dislocation of no-deal is quite capable of unleashing extremes like postwar Britain has never seen.

Meanwhile, there's little that could be more subversive than even the outer possibility - thoroughly uninvestigated by the May government, ofcourse - of both Russian and American interference in the most momentous constitutional decision in Britain since 1945.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

DavidL said:

I think Brown's problem was that he is one of nature's lieutenants. Excellent in a supporting rôle but just not suited for being in a buck-stops-here job.
    Well that was one of his problems.
  • Options
    rpjs said:

DavidL said:

It's a good job there's nobody like that in a position of power right now. We'd be screwed.
  • Options
    SunnyJim said:

Absolutely. The ones who remain either don't think anti-semtism is a problem or they think it is one they can still resolve within the party, and the Brexit reason for leaving has been very much reduced, why on earth would more quit the whip?

But good on the Tiggers for taking the plunge and having an impact, here's hoping they bag at least a few more defections as things will remain unsettled.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Tolerate the first 4 or 5 crappy, schlocky episodes. It then picks up. Dramatically. As they say.
  • Options
    Very poor fielding from Root. This is so tight.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ydoethur said:

DavidL said:

I'm not sure even Sydney Barnes in his pomp could win it for England from here.
    That would be no contest.
    As it is, delicately poised.

....Now I just jinxed us.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Long-Read
    The chilling legacy of the Rushdie affair
    The fatwa against The Satanic Verses author marked the beginning of an intolerant era."

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/02/14/the-chilling-legacy-of-the-rushdie-affair/
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh FFS...more piss poor fielding...Have the Indian bookmakers had a word?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Tolerate the first 4 or 5 crappy, schlocky episodes. It then picks up. Dramatically. As they say.
    I'm afraid Mrs Maisel might be a casualty.
  • Options
    12 from last 3 balls....very much WIs to lose now.
  • Options

Oh FFS...more piss poor fielding...Have the Indian bookmakers had a word?

Awww bless! My fellow PBers getting all passionate about a crappy "sport" like cricket :)
  • Options

SunnyJim said:

Most of the Labour TIGs represent safe Labour seats though, only Penistone is marginal with a majority of 1,322. So in a GE I could see TIG being wiped out with little effort from the Labour party, meaning Labour could go after Tory held seats in the marginals.

The marginals might be a different prospect for TIG but which ones do they choose and how are they going to decide the good prospects from the less fertile ground? It does have to be remembered that in 1983 the SDP had been going for a couple of years plus they had an electoral alliance with the Liberals. I should not give it as given the Tories would make gains in a snap election although there is nothing to stop them trying!
    The marginals aren't marginal between Labour and TIG or between the Conservatives and TIG but between Labour and the Conservatives.

Why anyone might think that the splitters could do well in Lab-Con marginals where the splitters don't even have any personal vote is a mystery.
  • Options

SunnyJim said:

The marginals aren't marginal between Labour and TIG or between the Conservatives and TIG but between Labour and the Conservatives.

Why anyone might think that the splitters could do well in Lab-Con marginals where the splitters don't even have any personal vote is a mystery.
    Well if you can make it a three-way marginal then 34% could be enough to win the seat, but in a safe seat you might need closer to 50% to win it.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

I'm afraid Mrs Maisel might be a casualty.
    Think of Spartacus not as a historical drama but as sci-fi on a prison planet called Capua inhabited by psychopathic actors.

It then becomes great fun.
  • Options
    DROPPPPPPEDDDD....never going to win the WC like this.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

That seems quite disparaging. For a start, it implies he might not be out of his depth working on a shift at Tesco as long as he wasn't the supervisor. So it's not fair to supermarket workers.
    Absolutely. I apologise unreservedly to all hardworking retail employees and withdraw that assertion.

(Didn't he fail to graduate from a ropey HE institution in some dossers degree?)
  • Options

SunnyJim said:

Well if you can make it a three-way marginal then 34% could be enough to win the seat, but in a safe seat you might need closer to 50% to win it.
    If.

As we know what usually happens is that minor parties get squeezed in a marginal.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    WOW....Just Wow....2 Wickets in 2 balls....I hope the WIs bat deep ;-)
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

Two catches in two balls. Good jinxing Urquhart.
  • Options

A turnaround that will only be topped when May gets her deal through parliament.
  • Options

What a game - 3 wickets in 4 balls
  • Options
    Drutt said:

Takes a bow.
  • Options

WOW....Just Wow....2 Wickets in 2 balls.

I saw England have a tie with India with 300 odd each at Lords. That was a pretty good ODI. But this has been phenomenal.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    Drutt said:

Three catches in four balls.
  • Options

What a game - 3 wickets in 4 balls
    Always said that Rashid is a great bowler and just been really unlucky today ;-) ...looks to see if he can still delete a post from a few minutes ago.
  • Options

SunnyJim said:

If.

As we know what usually happens is that minor parties get squeezed in a marginal.
    Yes, I don't know that I think the strategy would be successful, but I think that it's the theory behind it.
  • Options
    England win - Amazing
  • Options
    Bloody hell. What an ending. Rashid.
  • Options
    notme2notme2 Posts: 1,006
    Foxy said:

Skint Britain on 4 at the moment on UC in Hartlepool

Compelling viewing, but hard to see how Brexit is going to lead them to the sunlight uplands.

Unless it reduces the price of heroin or explains to unemployed people they need to look for work and attend job centre interviews to avoid been sanctioned, none whatsoever.
  • Options
    Did I read down thread that Liverpool were going to struggle tonight?
  • Options
    A faster turn around in that game than Labour's U-Turn decision to suspend Williamson....
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    DavidL said:

Did I read down thread that Liverpool were going to struggle tonight?

Sure somebody was lauding the 12-1 for the Watford win.....
  • Options
    _Anazina__Anazina_ Posts: 1,810
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

This post hasn’t aged well.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    Jeremy Corbyn: Labour will support Brexit referendum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47392018
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    It's very clear - 'Please please please is this enough to give hope to all the various Labour factions, large and small?'
    I'd have expected you of all people to point out the technical logical consistency of those positions
This discussion has been closed.