Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If TMay survives a confidence vote she’d be immune from anothe

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    kle4 said:

shiney2 said:

shiney2 said:

shiney2 said:

Reflecting on JRM ridiculous cavorting today I wonder just how many enemies ERG have created in the conservative mps. It surely has been a total misjudgement

Have you been counting the cabinet members supporting your Primeminister today?
    Actually McVey is no loss, Raab seems to have followed the ERG policy of not having a clue, and others so be it

TM has majority support within her mps and even after all this still tops the poll on who the Country wants as PM
    So: nobody from the cabinet.

Of course the majority of the cabinet
    Well the 'cabinet supported' her yesterday. She said so in Downing st.

Mysterious that NONE of them could be found on any TV channel today.

More important things to do?
    It does seem indefensible - if they are not all quitting, why re the most senior ones not out there pushing this thing damn hard? I stand by earlier comments that the likes of Javid and Hunt are losing what respect I had for them.
    And Hammond. Why is our Chancellor not out there explaining why May's deal is so much better than no deal for our economy? It's frankly annoying.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,156
    No deal is clearly the the best way forward in my opinion.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    kle4 said:

What kind of sense does that even make? Either he supports it or he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't fancy being Brexit secretary but if he supports it he stays if he doesn't he should get the hell out.
    If. as is being said on his behalf, he recognises that no deal is a mistake then he has a duty to push May's deal, even if its a long way off perfect.
  • Options
    shiney2shiney2 Posts: 672
    edited November 2018
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

shiney2 said:

shiney2 said:

shiney2 said:

Reflecting on JRM ridiculous cavorting today I wonder just how many enemies ERG have created in the conservative mps. It surely has been a total misjudgement

Actually McVey is no loss, Raab seems to have followed the ERG policy of not having a clue, and others so be it

TM has majority support within her mps and even after all this still tops the poll on who the Country wants as PM

It does seem indefensible - if they are not all quitting, why re the most senior ones not out there pushing this thing damn hard? I stand by earlier comments that the likes of Javid and Hunt are losing what respect I had for them.
    And Hammond. Why is our Chancellor not out there explaining why May's deal is so much better than no deal for our economy? It's frankly annoying.
    Perhaps he thinks PrimeMinister Hammond could do a better job?

I know, risible. But.. checkout his haircut.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    shiney2 said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

shiney2 said:

shiney2 said:

shiney2 said:

Perhaps he thinks PrimeMinister Hammond could do a better job?

I know, risible. But.. checkout his haircut.
    But if May goes, the deal goes (more than it already has that is)
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

What kind of sense does that even make? Either he supports it or he doesn't. Maybe he doesn't fancy being Brexit secretary but if he supports it he stays if he doesn't he should get the hell out.
    If. as is being said on his behalf, he recognises that no deal is a mistake then he has a duty to push May's deal, even if its a long way off perfect.
    Indeed, and the idea being bound more tightly to it makes a difference is preposterous.

I think he'll resign tomorrow.
  • Options
    How could May's threat of No Brexit be put into effect?
  • Options
    Ooh fight! .. whisky versus whiskey
  • Options
    shiney2shiney2 Posts: 672
    geoffw said:

How could May's threat of No Brexit be put into effect?

1) Repeal the Withdrawl Act,
    2) Throw yourself on the mercy of Selmayr,
    3) Seppuku before a homicidal Voter gets you (not British? Well, betrayal on this scale hasn't been tried since charles1 ).
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,336

[Guardian comment] So, Corbyn is being explicit with members: He will back another referendum if he cannot force a general election.

Was he influenced by all the protestors making themselves heard today? His philosophy has always been that what happens outside parliament is as important as what goes on inside it.

Yes, perhaps - though I think McDonnell may have had a word.
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469

[Guardian comment] So, Corbyn is being explicit with members: He will back another referendum if he cannot force a general election.

Was he influenced by all the protestors making themselves heard today? His philosophy has always been that what happens outside parliament is as important as what goes on inside it.

Maybe he's playing a far better game than so many thought he could...
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited November 2018
    OchEye said:

Maybe he's playing a far better game than so many thought he could...
    Early on he was one many particularly wanted out, Corbyn stuck his neck out originally to make him chancellor which promoted cries of sexism. Looks like a good call in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.