Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marine le Pen might be 26% behind in the polls but she’s attra

Comments

• Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    surbiton said:

In the Opinium tables, VI all 10, if we add up the numbers voting 18-34, 35-44, 45-54,
    we get, C 259, Lab 269.

However, Labour are massacred thereafter. 55+ C 315, Lab 99.

The subsets are hilarious. Wales Con 29, Lab 14, PC 4. In fact, Con 29 out of 62.

At this rate, they will win every seat in Wales!

So Labour is going to be defeated by the senile and infirm?!!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

New ORB poll from the Telegraph?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/06/tories-course-gain-biggest-landslide-election-victory-seen-fifty/

CON 46 (+4), LAB 31 (nc), LD9 (-1), UKIP 8 (nc)

Lol UKIP on 8% :o !?!
    They might manage that if they stand in all constituencies. But they won't...

When do nominations close? Thursday?
    It will also be interesting to see how many Greens stand.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Pulpstar said:

Labour might hit 29%. (Which opinion polls would have as 30%)

Think about it - UKIP will collapse to around 3% I think since they won't run candidates.
    Lib Dems will add around half the vote share back to end up ~ 12%.
    The Greens might be eaten into a bit by Labour, perhaps end up with ~ 2%.

UKIP + LD + Green + Tory + Labour must come to 92% or so I think.

3+12+2+29 which would mean 46% for the Tories. (Equiv to a polling score of ~47)

So 2-3-12-29-46 could be the final result.

That'd mean a 17 pt lead but the Labour vote would be holding up where it needs to least - particularly in terms of stemming the Tory tide.

That's a good point. Worth remembering some UKIP voters will be going home back to Labour.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,135
    justin124 said:

surbiton said:

In the Opinium tables, VI all 10, if we add up the numbers voting 18-34, 35-44, 45-54,
    we get, C 259, Lab 269.

The subsets are hilarious. Wales Con 29, Lab 14, PC 4. In fact, Con 29 out of 62.

There's an epidemic of the senile and infirm at just past age 54?! Why isn't that bigger news?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Labour might hit 29%. (Which opinion polls would have as 30%)

Think about it - UKIP will collapse to around 3% I think since they won't run candidates.
    Lib Dems will add around half the vote share back to end up ~ 12%.
    The Greens might be eaten into a bit by Labour, perhaps end up with ~ 2%.

UKIP + LD + Green + Tory + Labour must come to 92% or so I think.

3+12+2+29 which would mean 46% for the Tories. (Equiv to a polling score of ~47)

So 2-3-12-29-46 could be the final result.

That'd mean a 17 pt lead but the Labour vote would be holding up where it needs to least - particularly in terms of stemming the Tory tide.

I predicted 44/27 Tory/labour earlier so can well see this been how it pans out. I don't see how Labour can reach 30%.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,954
    justin124 said:

The two polls out tonight are implying a swing of about 4.5% from Lab to Con. Applied universally that would give Labour circa 195 seats - though they might just hit 200 by picking up a few from the SNP.

Labour will do worse than the (roughly) 30% these polls are showing for Lab.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

You think 55 year olds are senile and infirm?

You're one sad, strange little man.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/860736452367269888

Interesting vox pops from Macron territory.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

No, it's just the half life for brainwashing by the right wing media is ~55 years. ;)
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    kle4 said:

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

There's an epidemic of the senile and infirm at just past age 54?! Why isn't that bigger news?
    Only a flu epidemic starting 6th June can minimise Labour's defeat.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/06/tories-course-gain-biggest-landslide-election-victory-seen-fifty/

Labour are overstated. Does anyone really believe one in three will vote for Corbyn's party, with henchmen like McDonnell and Milne. I don't
    What if we're wrong and Corbyn really is picking up votes from the disenfranchised and disillusioned?

What if against all wisdom, there is a hardcore of people - old lefties set in their ways and young anti-capitalist types - who are boosting Corbyn's share of the vote? Add that to Labour's client vote of public sector types and is 31% impossible?

We're seeing these figures again and again and again.

It won't help him in the marginals, but it could explain the national share of vote holding up.

I can't believe it, but we'd be fools to discount the possibility entirely.
    Students, university workers, Bobos think Corbyn is wonderful. Add Black and Muslim voters, people who maintain tribal loyalty to Labour, extreme left wingers, public sector unions, and 30% is quite feasible.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

55 year olds were 21 the last time Labour went batshit crazy left wing...
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Labour are overstated. Does anyone really believe one in three will vote for Corbyn's party, with henchmen like McDonnell and Milne. I don't
    What if we're wrong and Corbyn really is picking up votes from the disenfranchised and disillusioned?

What if against all wisdom, there is a hardcore of people - old lefties set in their ways and young anti-capitalist types - who are boosting Corbyn's share of the vote? Add that to Labour's client vote of public sector types and is 31% impossible?

It won't help him in the marginals, but it could explain the national share of vote holding up.

Students, university workers, Bobos think Corbyn is wonderful. Add Black and Muslim voters, people who maintain tribal loyalty to Labour, extreme left wingers, public sector unions, and 30% is quite feasible.
    Especially with a CPS bombshell. I think the earliest possible announcement would be May 8th (Mon), if the MP under question submitted their expenses the day after the election (TSE, correct me if I am wrong)
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,586
    justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

That's not a very nice way to describe Corbyn, Abbott and Macdonnell.

Truthful though.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    edited May 2017
    kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

How did Trump win in the rust belt ? About 5% who never or rarely voted came out for him.

In the UK, 30% don't vote [ I am talking about those on the electoral rolls ]. Corbyn appeals to some people. Can 5% of those come and vote. It won't solve Labour's problem but could cut the deficit.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Is there going to be an election prediction competition this time? FWIW, for the GB vote, I'll go for something like:
    Tories 45.6%
    Labour 24.7%
    LDs 11.8%
    UKIP 6.9%
    Greens 5.4%
    SNP 5.0%
    Others the balance
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Plenty of the Labour voters that I know are neither pro or anti Jezza, to them it is just court politics if they are aware of it at all. Fair numbers were Leavers too, mostly with the old school left wing leaver mentality that sees the EU as a capitalists club.

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

Always classy

Is that what it means to be progressive?

• Options
    surbiton said:

kle4 said:

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

What about all those early postal votes?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,751
    I'm not going to predict vote shares per se, but I will make two predictions about the GE.

1) The Labour VI will be lower than 2015

2) The Tories will outperform UNS/Labour will under perform it.
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,394
    Been out. Le Pen's price has gone for a walk. Now 15 on Betfair.

I miss something?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Especially with a CPS bombshell. I think the earliest possible announcement would be May 8th (Mon), if the MP under question submitted their expenses the day after the election (TSE, correct me if I am wrong)
    Isn't that the earliest possible deadline? An announcement can happen any day before and including the deadline.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,596
    MTimT said:

Is there going to be an election prediction competition this time? FWIW, for the GB vote, I'll go for something like:
    Tories 45.6%
    Labour 24.7%
    LDs 11.8%
    UKIP 6.9%
    Greens 5.4%
    SNP 5.0%
    Others the balance

UKIP and Green look a tad high?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,339
    I can feel another polling disaster inquiry coming on...
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

There's a lot can happen in a month. I imagine someone somewhere is trying to hack into all the political parties as I write this (it's not me though!). And who knows what Wikileaks have....
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Bonkers...made comments 2 years ago, now the plod investigating.

Stephen Fry faces blasphemy probe after God comments

Officers are understood to be examining whether the British comedian committed a criminal offence under the Defamation Act when he appeared on RTE in 2015.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39830447

I saw that in the Telegraph

Seriously, if people want to criticise religion let them.
  • Options

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Isn't that the earliest possible deadline? An announcement can happen any day before and including the deadline.
    Yes, I should have worded it like that. Unfortunately, we don't know when the various submissions occurred. I assume the CPS will announce no charges, so we should expect to hear something in the next couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Officers are understood to be examining whether the British comedian committed a criminal offence under the Defamation Act when he appeared on RTE in 2015.

It does say there has not been a case brought since the law was brought, and it is unlikely this one will be, which just makes clear how pointless the law is even if it were ok, which it isn't. One wonders how much time the police have to spend looking into complaints before deciding its not in the public interest to proceed.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    surbiton said:

Labour are behind with every group except 18-34 year olds.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,209
    Following my usual practice, please note that today I have placed a bet with BetFred.

* Date: 2017-05-06
    * Market: 2017 French Presidential.
    * Winner: Emmanuel Macron
    * Stake: £100
    * Odds: 1/10

Of course, if the Putin hack sways the election in LePen's favor I shall appear very silly. But you go to war with the army you have.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,739
    UKIP managed to lose more councillors in England than Labour
    Britain Elects‏ @britainelects 22h22 hours ago
    English results:

Con: 1,457 (+338)
    Lab: 411 (-147)
    LDem: 306 (-32)
    Grn: 20 (-)
    UKIP: 1 (-148)
    Ind / Oth: 198 (-6)
  • Options
    Floater said:

I hope they charge him and it goes to court. Not because I think he should be punished - far from it, I hold blasphemy laws in contempt and cannot believe that such a law is compatible with the ECHR - but because listening to Fry take on whichever poor sod got the task of prosecuting him would be pure comedy gold.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

English results:

Final numbers on the BBC were Lab-142, UKIP -143. Although they report a lower number of Tory councillors (1439), so maybe they aren't final?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

Labour did win the local elections. I saw on facebook that they are cock-a-hoop over their dramatic wins in Margate and Ramsgate.

For a Corbyn led Labour party the "far-right" UKIP losing almost 150 Council seats is seen as a win. It's actually a bigger goal for them then *actually* winning I would guess.
  • Options
    spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,312
    chestnut said:

surbiton said:

The group least likely to vote
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    kle4 said:

Floater said:

It does say there has not been a case brought since the law was brought, and it is unlikely this one will be, which just makes clear how pointless the law is even if it were ok, which it isn't. One wonders how much time the police have to spend looking into complaints before deciding its not in the public interest to proceed.
    Long enough to meet Stephen Fry, get to shake his hand and get him to autograph something.

Bugger! Showing my age. Forget to add 'and get a selfie with him'.
  • Options
    Arthur_PennyArthur_Penny Posts: 198
    51% : Tory support in Scotland? Or Wales Or Midlands? Or North? Or London
    51% : Those in favour of remain exc D/K
    51% : Average margin of error of opinion polls in the UK
    51% : Percentage of UKIP voters switched to Tories
    51% : percentage of Labour supporters certain to vote
    51% : May's net popularity
    51% : Percentage of Labour supporters who think Corbyn should resign.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,028
    surbiton said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

How did Trump win in the rust belt ? About 5% who never or rarely voted came out for him.

In the UK, 30% don't vote [ I am talking about those on the electoral rolls ]. Corbyn appeals to some people. Can 5% of those come and vote. It won't solve Labour's problem but could cut the deficit.
    Yes, exactly. This was the promised land of disaffected non-voters the Corbynites claimed he would lead them to all along.

I think it will help Labour pile up votes in seats that are already absolutely safe, but I can't discount the possibility that it will help bring people out in 'rust belt' areas where we are currently assuming the Con + UKIP vote from 2015 going mostly to the Conservatives this time would otherwise wipe Labour out.

Even if it does only help Labour pile up votes in safe seats, getting somewhere close to 30% share of the vote will be all the mandate Corbyn needs to carry on...
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

MTimT said:

Tories 45.6%
    Labour 24.7%
    LDs 11.8%
    UKIP 6.9%
    Greens 5.4%
    SNP 5.0%
    Others the balance

Maybe. Particularly UKIP if they don't have so many candidates. I just have a feeling that the protest vote could be surprisingly high this time, given Labour's state.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    MTimT said:

Floater said:

I hope they charge him and it goes to court. Not because I think he should be punished - far from it, I hold blasphemy laws in contempt and cannot believe that such a law is compatible with the ECHR - but because listening to Fry take on whichever poor sod got the task of prosecuting him would be pure comedy gold.
    Beofre I clicked on it I thought it was a going to be in a Muslim country, not Ireland. LOL. Suprising.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,028
    matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
    Bohemian and bourgeois, no?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193
    surbiton said:

kle4 said:

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

The Spanish flu in 1918-19 took the young and the strong though....
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    MTimT said:

Tories 45.6%
    Labour 24.7%
    LDs 11.8%
    UKIP 6.9%
    Greens 5.4%
    SNP 5.0%
    Others the balance

You have the Greens far too high there - 3% is more likely.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
    That one escaped me too. A quick google leads me to believe it is 'BOurgeois BOhemiam'.

I've never heard that one before, but I saw an Observer article asking it was next after Hippy and Yuppie.

Personally I think hippy is making a comeback, at least in my own lexicon, though I prefer sandalista.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

chestnut said:

surbiton said:

The group least likely to vote
    Yes.

Labour's voter demographics are horrendous.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,346
    RobD said:

English results:

Final numbers on the BBC were Lab-142, UKIP -143. Although they report a lower number of Tory councillors (1439), so maybe they aren't final?
    Have Rallings and Thrasher offered an explanation yet?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dems-set-to-gain-100-council-seats-djx8cn0xh
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9JDPm_QHk4
  • Options

RobD said:

English results:

Have Rallings and Thrasher offered an explanation yet?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dems-set-to-gain-100-council-seats-djx8cn0xh
    I suspected they underestimated the amount of UKIP voters switching to the Tories. Despite the LDs improving in vote share, the Tories improved more.
  • Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Surely you are looking at the latest possible announcements in that case: the CPS have a maximum of two years, not a minimum. On the other hand, would the expense returns for the more interesting seats have been submitted early?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
    French term. The bohemian bourgeoisie. The best UK equivalent (and it is quite close) is Guardianista.
    They must be feeling disgruntled with their paper of choice then - is there now a columnist at the Guardian who hasn't proclaimed him an utter liability?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
    Bourgeois Bohemians.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
    French term. The bohemian bourgeoisie. The best UK equivalent (and it is quite close) is Guardianista.
    I remember the eighties bubble, when it meant "Burnt out, but opulent".

• Options
    Public approval / disapproval of...
    T. May: 46 / 33
    J. Corbyn: 21 / 53
    T. Farron: 14 / 39
    P. Nuttall: 8 / 48

Fairly believable vote shares.
  • Options
    nunu said:

MTimT said:

Floater said:

Beofre I clicked on it I thought it was a going to be in a Muslim country, not Ireland. LOL. Suprising.
    The country which is currently arguing over whether the state should build a new central maternity hospital in Dublin and pass title to an order of particularly bigoted and unpleasant nuns.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    kle4 said:

That one escaped me too. A quick google leads me to believe it is 'BOurgeois BOhemian'...

Damn, I can't let that narrative hook go unanswered...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3mc0yvRNk
  • Options

surbiton said:

kle4 said:

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

That idea has become something of a myth. It took infants, young adults and old adults. This is because, unlike most flus that bind in the nasal passages, this one bound deep in the lungs:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic#/media/File:W_curve.png

Also, epidemics don't hit everywhere all at once but come in waves over a period of time, hitting different parts of a country at different times - the Spanish flu came in 3 waves in the UK:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic#/media/File:1918_spanish_flu_waves.gif
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,629
    RobD said:

ELBOW updated for ORB:

Con 47.00
    Lab 28.67
    LD 9.50
    UKIP 6.67

Tory Lead 18.33 (was 18.22 last week).
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    chestnut said:

So the VI polls turn that into 10% of people will go well I think corbyn is utter shit but still going to vote labour. Having a giraffe.
  • Options
    houndtanghoundtang Posts: 450
    My guess at present

CON 44%
    LAB 28%
    LIB 12%
    UKIP 5%
    GREEN 5%

For the Tories to breach 44% would in itself be quite an achievement. That hasn't happened since 1970 (when Labour actually lost with a vote share of 43%).

• Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,553
    chestnut said:

Those numbers are dire for Farron.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

That one escaped me too. A quick google leads me to believe it is 'BOurgeois BOhemian'...

https://w.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3mc0yvRNk
    I love that song, although I confess with music I really don't pay much attention to the lyrics, which must upset many artists.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?
    Bourgeois Bohemians.
    Thx. A very minority sport then.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Surely you are looking at the latest possible announcements in that case: the CPS have a maximum of two years, not a minimum. On the other hand, would the expense returns for the more interesting seats have been submitted early?
    I think they have a month to submit their claims. So the last deadline is June 7th. Some submit quick, some don't.
  • Options
    madasafishmadasafish Posts: 659
    justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

I am well over 55 and neither senile nor infirm.

But making comments like that reminds me that mental faculties start deteriorating at a much earlier age if you don't look after yourself or stigmatise groups of people you don't know..
    :-)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?

80s/90s sociopolitical acronyms were fun. Remember the FILTH = Failed In London, Try Hong kong?

Also the "Lombards", from Lombard St in the City, and after Thatcher's Big Bang.

= Lot Of Money But A Right Dickhead.

Need a D for the present incaranation, Dubai.
  • Options
    Bit of a delay, but just caught up with Isle of Wight gossip after a visit from my Sister and let us say Mr Turner has not been popular on the Island for a long time and was only voted for by the old codgers on the Island because of his rosette.

The local party has tried to deselect him for a long time and I've now got all the gossip on the personal issues that would effect anyone's ability to do the job properly. I have a friend whose parents are involved in the local party.

His public slip up at the school was the excuse needed to give him the boot, no one is sad to see him go.
  • Options
    houndtang said:

My guess at present

CON 44%
    LAB 28%
    LIB 12%
    UKIP 5%
    GREEN 5%

For the Tories to breach 44% would in itself be quite an achievement. That hasn't happened since 1970 (when Labour actually lost with a vote share of 43%).

I'm with you on those predictions.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    All those thinking the election expenses could hurt the Tories, is there more danger of a wikileaks / Russian hack against the Tories being the black swan event?

They will definitely prefer the idiot communist lot who are feedle on security to Mrs stick it up your junker.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?

80s/90s sociopolitical acronyms were fun. Remember the FILTH = Failed In London, Try Hong kong?

Also the "Lombards", from Lombard St in the City, and after Thatcher's Big Bang.

DINKYs = Double Income, No Kids Yet.

I think I'm the only one who remembers BCBG - bon chic, bon genre - but it never really caught on in England
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited May 2017
    houndtang said:

My guess at present

CON 44%
    LAB 28%
    LIB 12%
    UKIP 5%
    GREEN 5%

Those are the 1983 shares for Con and Lab. Looks about right to me, although I'd put the smaller parties slightly higher, eg. Con 42%, Lab 26%, LD 14%, UKIP 7%, Green 5%.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

https://w.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3mc0yvRNk
    I love that song, although I confess with music I really don't pay much attention to the lyrics, which must upset many artists.
    I love it too, tho' it came from the very early Noughties, which was a bit of a awkward time in music
  • Options

All those thinking the election expenses could hurt the Tories, is there more danger of a wikileaks / Russian hack against the Tories being the black swan event?

They will definitely prefer the idiot communist lot who are feedle on security to Mrs stick it up your junker.

I'm struggling to think of a revelation that could possibly derail Theresa right now. As Home Secretary she deliberately waived visa restrictions in the full knowledge that the applicants were Jihadist terrorists?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,096
    matt said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

matt said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Bobo?

Need a D for the present incaranation, Dubai.
    It's getting that way! :D
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

MTimT said:

Tories 45.6%
    Labour 24.7%
    LDs 11.8%
    UKIP 6.9%
    Greens 5.4%
    SNP 5.0%
    Others the balance

I'd go:

Tories ....... 43.5%
    Labour ...... 27.7%
    LibDem ..... 13.3%
    UKIP ........... 5.2%
    Greens ....... 4.1%
    SNP ............ 4.8%
    Others ........ 1.4%

Tory Seats: 385 = 120 Overall Majority
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

I think they have a month to submit their claims. So the last deadline is June 7th. Some submit quick, some don't.

But the CPS don't have to wait to the last minute. So they are delaying it because:-

a) They don't have a case and want to make everyone wait.

b) It's a complex case and they need to consider it as carefully as possible.

c) They hate the Tories and want to damage them as much as possible.

Any other reasons?

• Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

But the CPS don't have to wait to the last minute. So they are delaying it because:-

Any other reasons?

d) The Tory Party was uncooperative.

e) The Tory Party went to court to stop this happening.
  • Options

I'd be absolutely shitting myself now if I were doing IT for one of the major parties. To the point of hiring some ex-GCHQ and MI6 guys to run information security, and of seriously exploring the dusting off of fax machines and conference call equipment for the really confidential stuff. Not getting hacked when the Russians really want to do it, is bloody hard work.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    AndyJS said:

houndtang said:

My guess at present

CON 44%
    LAB 28%
    LIB 12%
    UKIP 5%
    GREEN 5%

Those are the 1983 shares for Con and Lab. Looks about right to me, although I'd put the smaller parties slightly higher, eg. Con 42%, Lab 26%, LD 14%, UKIP 7%, Green 5%.
    Andy - your numbers are almost identical to mine. I have Con 2+ higher, and Lab and LD 1+ lower.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,867
    I suppose the bobos are up against the NAPs, the true bourgeoisie of Neuilly, Auteuil and Passy on the leafy western fringes of Paris. The Le Pen family with their villa in Saint Cloud are part of that set, despite their pretended common touch.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Sean_F said:

kyf_100 said:

RobD said:

Any other reasons?

d) The Tory Party was uncooperative.

e) The Tory Party went to court to stop this happening.
    Isn't it entirely in the CPS' hands now? The decision is based on the information in the case file
  • Options
    FF43 said:

I suppose the bobos are up against the NAPs, the true bourgeoisie of Neuilly, Auteuil and Passy on the leafy western fringes of Paris. The Le Pen family with their villa in Saint Cloud are part of that set, despite their pretended common touch.

Very nice out that way. I was a little further out at Maisons Lafitte for a while, right by the chateau.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Isn't it entirely in the CPS' hands now? The decision is based on the information in the case file

It is, but it is dependant on say if the likes of Craig Mackinlay exercised their right to silence when they were questioned under caution.

That might make the job of the CPS that much harder.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,934
    Liverpool fans to unveil huge Jeremy Corbyn banner at Anfield tomorrow

• Options

I hope diane abbott didn't have anything to do with the measurements!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

I hope diane abbott didn't have anything to do with the measurements!

It will be a massive 4" x 2".

• Options

Please let it be JICIPM in huge letters.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

A minute's silence for the Labour Party?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,934
    RobD said:

Please let it be JICIPM in huge letters.
    LOL
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

"You'll Never Walk Alone ....

Into The Electoral Abyss

You'll Take Dozens Of Labour MP With You ...."
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,471
    Re France - is tomorrrow Hollande's last day or is there a transistional period
  • Options

A massive black armband, to commemorate the passing of the Labour Party?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,326

The inauguration is the following weekend.
  • Options

There was a nine day transitional period last time.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

The Scousers' notorious tendency to mark disasters continues, I see.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095

surbiton said:

kle4 said:

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

we get, C 259, Lab 269.

spit it out then.. if you haven't already....
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,471
    Also re France - the media are going to saturate the news channels tomorrow and monday at least, so doubt any of the manifestos will be forthcoming before mid week
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,223
    JackW said:

"You'll Never Walk Alone ....

Into The Electoral Abyss

You'll Take Dozens Of Labour MP With You ...."
    Never will the mocking words "sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand, 'cos you'll never get a job" be more appropriate.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193
    edited May 2017
    RobD said:

I heard some background to one of the cases today. 12 "charges" were being investigated by the police relating to expenses.

One was - why were there no receipts submitted for their Facebook page?

Another was - why was there no receipt for an advert in the local paper where the by now MP thanked the voters for their support.

Another was a claim that the then Home Secretary, now PM, arrived in the constituency in a second, secret trip by the battle-bus - rather than driven in by Special Branch minders.

On and on. Nonsense, top to bottom.
This discussion has been closed.