Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why we are all going to be able to get to bed earlier this ele

Comments

• Options
    Oh God, he's not used a sub sample to a create bar chart?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,472
    IanB2 said:

The belief is that Clive Lewis got the name of the pollster wrong or simply applied UNS from January's ICM national poll.

If he was to win, would this 'mistake' be enough to challenge the result?
    On what grounds? The cost of printed but unused material can be deducted from the expenses return. Provided he doesn't continue to use stuff after he has been warned by ICM, they aren't going to do anything about it.
    The material has been used, it's on t'Internet, and it's a lie on electoral material.

This whole area of the regulations appear a bit of a mess, at least to my inexpert eyes. I guess the 1983 act that got Woolas won't apply.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

The belief is that Clive Lewis got the name of the pollster wrong or simply applied UNS from January's ICM national poll.

The second doesn't work because UKIP's score would not have gone up on that basis.
    I think it is the former. You don't publish a fake poll using the pollster's name.
    If this is a BMG or TNS (ok they are now Kantar) poll it's just a slip. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    Roger said:

Sandpit said:

Gets popcorn for this one! One person you don't want to piss off is Martin Boon.
    Probably extrapolated the Norwich South result from an ICM national poll which sounds about right. Nothing much to see here I'd say
    For frick's sake Roger. As Alastair pointed out the UKIP score doesn't tally with that, and even if that is what he's done, it's not on.

Morning all!
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,042
    IanB2 said:

I have no idea why Clive lewis got sacked from the bbc...Taps mic....Sniff sniff...Fake (polling) news.

Wasn't he the guy that phoned 999 to get a comment from the Police about some crime he was trying to report about for the BBC?
    That sounds like something out of MASH!
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Roger said:

If I was a premier league footballer who'd just scored the winning goal at Wembley and lifted my shirt to reveal my latest tattoo written in Tengwar It would be a line written by Alastair last night;

jnRrÈ y5^ wzRyE,É `C t1R7qYj^1T5# j$1TÉ 8z7E2$ @ y6Yzb% zjiE'iR y4% z|5$eHw^zT j`BiR

"Leave won because a metropolitan elite scared the working classes with xenophobic lies".

Roger: there is no polling supporting that claim; indeed, the reverse.

There is no anecdote supporting that claim; the idea of Alastair (or yourself) talking to, or being in a location where you could overhear the conversation of, the British working classes, is ludicrous.

Absent polling or anecdote, I can only assume the source for the claim is the voices in Alastair's head. Thank you for the revelation that they address him in Tengwar, a valuable if not altogether surprising addition to Meeksological studies.

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

IanB2 said:

If he was to win, would this 'mistake' be enough to challenge the result?
    On what grounds? The cost of printed but unused material can be deducted from the expenses return. Provided he doesn't continue to use stuff after he has been warned by ICM, they aren't going to do anything about it.
    The material has been used, it's on t'Internet, and it's a lie on electoral material.

This whole area of the regulations appear a bit of a mess, at least to my inexpert eyes. I guess the 1983 act that got Woolas won't apply.
    Electoral expenses for MPs don't apply yet, I believe next Tuesday they kick in
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Essexit said:

Roger said:

Sandpit said:

Gets popcorn for this one! One person you don't want to piss off is Martin Boon.
    Probably extrapolated the Norwich South result from an ICM national poll which sounds about right. Nothing much to see here I'd say
    For frick's sake Roger. As Alastair pointed out the UKIP score doesn't tally with that, and even if that is what he's done, it's not on.

Morning all!
    It explains it though. Here are the 2015 figures

Labour Clive Lewis 19,033 39.3 +10.6
    Conservative Lisa Townsend 11,379 23.5 +0.6
    Green Lesley Grahame 6,749 13.9 -1.0
    Liberal Democrat Simon Wright 6,607 13.6 -15.7
    UKIP Steve Emmens 4,539 9.4 +7.0
  • Options
    Sky News have picked up on the story now.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Essexit said:

Roger said:

Sandpit said:

Morning all!
    It explains it though. Here are the 2015 figures

Labour Clive Lewis 19,033 39.3 +10.6
    Conservative Lisa Townsend 11,379 23.5 +0.6
    Green Lesley Grahame 6,749 13.9 -1.0
    Liberal Democrat Simon Wright 6,607 13.6 -15.7
    UKIP Steve Emmens 4,539 9.4 +7.0
    No Roger, why would the UKIP score have gone up since 2015?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,702
    Roger said:

IanB2 said:

I have no idea why Clive lewis got sacked from the bbc...Taps mic....Sniff sniff...Fake (polling) news.

Wasn't he the guy that phoned 999 to get a comment from the Police about some crime he was trying to report about for the BBC?
    That sounds like something out of MASH!
    Actually I am wrong - it was that other leadership contender Owen Smith

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/691277/Owen-Smith-999-Labour-blunder
  • Options

what subsample? There is no subsample of the East of England showing Labour ahead!!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

If I was a premier league footballer who'd just scored the winning goal at Wembley and lifted my shirt to reveal my latest tattoo written in Tengwar It would be a line written by Alastair last night;

jnRrÈ y5^ wzRyE,É `C t1R7qYj^1T5# j$1TÉ 8z7E2$ @ y6Yzb% zjiE'iR y4% z|5$eHw^zT j`BiR

"Leave won because a metropolitan elite scared the working classes with xenophobic lies".

There is no anecdote supporting that claim; the idea of Alastair (or yourself) talking to, or being in a location where you could overhear the conversation of, the British working classes, is ludicrous.

Absent polling or anecdote, I can only assume the source for the claim is the voices in Alastair's head. Thank you for the revelation that they address him in Tengwar, a valuable if not altogether surprising addition to Meeksological studies.

Another example of the weirdo from the internet presuming to comment on my private life (once again, wildly inaccurately). Kindly desist and find yourself a healthier hobby.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Morning comrades, saboteurs and patriots,

Good to hear we'll get the result quickly on election and Jezza won't have long to wait to find out how badly he's done.

Any bet's on what time the first Labour politician will appear on telly calling for him to resign? ;)

When a recount is announced at Sunderland South?
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

kle4 said:

I see todays labour announcement is more shaking of the magic money tree with no answer how any of this will be balanced out.

Given The Tories no longer care about the deficit either, doesn't that mean they'll be shaking th magic money tree too, just not as hard?
    Given that they've pretty much eliminated the primary deficit, I'm not sure why you say they no longer care about it.
    Almost eliminated in the sense of getting it back down to the pre-crisis levels when Gordon Brown was Chancellor. Or nearly. Oh, and don't mention record debt.
    The debt is Brown's debt. He thought he had abolished boom and bust. He is ,an economic illiterate.
    The debt is mainly Osborne's.
    That's true only if it had been possible to eliminate the deficit in one day.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

You're a very funny guy Izzy. Wasted as a lawyer!
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Only two of the LD seats really look comfortable at present - how many are for sure safe? Amazing how many are clustered together in the middle there. I wish them good luck (if MarkS can believe that from a person like me)
    Orkney and Shetland is ultra safe.
    Ceredigion on my welsh analysis was massively safe too, we'll gain Cardiff Central back too.
    England more mixed.
    Think Mark Williams may have a bit of a fight on hios hands now as Plaid have selected a locally born young lad to run for them - his family are well known in the area as both grandfather and father were police officers so he could do well with the Welsh language voters around
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,516
    DavidL said:

dr_spyn said:

Is there a similar table for when Tory or Labour leaders conceded defeat?

I stayed awake for over 38 hours on Election Day. Kept going by that mad morning of leader resignations.

Where would Labour be now if Ed hadn't resigned, or if he'd stayed on for a few months?

The single thread in Labour's collapse is Len McCluskey. He got EdM over the line in 2010. It was Unite that caused the Falkirk mess that led to the leadership election rules being changed and it's Len that has kept Corbyn's head above water. Funnily enough, Len has done very well indeed out of the last seven years.
    A very good point. I think the Falkirk mess was a pivotal point in Labour's misfortunes.
    And yet at the time the dimmer posters on here kept telling us that there was nothing to see as 'it hadn't affected the polls in England'.......
    I believe I was saying the scandal was important whilst it was unfolding. It was horrible optics at a time when Scottish voters were faced with a reasonable alternative in the form of the SNP. Why vote for the venal and corrupt Labour party when you could vote for the SNP? ;)
    Indeed - several of us were alive for its potential to cause problems for Labour in Scotland - though I suspect few of us imagined they would be on such a scale!
    I think this is a spurious correlation. I doubt 1 voter in 100 would even know that Labour had issues about candidate selection in Falkirk some years ago, let alone care. It did show a party that was rotten to the core for those that were really interested but it was merely a symptom of that rottenness, not its cause.
    It's an infallible PB rule that the further one is from a place, the greater the insight one has into its politics. Surely you knew that?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Speaking of misleading bar charts..

https://twitter.com/MhairiHunter/status/856985686355959808

I knew the SCons were getting Kippered, but a bit of Libdemming goin' on as well it appears.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited April 2017
    Lewis must have misread How to lie with statistics.

@TheScreamingEagles calls him out. Genius.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,230
    Scott_P said:
    LOL, other pollsters piling in to deny was them too!
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,741
    Roger said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

He's a lawyer? I thought those guys were supposed to be logical.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Didn't take long for Guido to pick up the story...

https://order-order.com/2017/04/26/clive-lewis-slammed-pollsters-icm-spreading-fake-news/

Arguably Lewis has fallen foul of Section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983 in claiming false polling results for other candidates. Under the Act it’s an illegal practice to make a false statement about a rival candidate “for the purpose of affecting the return of any candidate at the election”. Lewis is yet to withdraw the tweet…

I am not convinced this would be accepted as a statement about another candidate, though. It's about the voters. And if political leaflets always had to be truthful, they'd all be in jail.

His local agent or leaflet designer is nevertheless going to get one hell of an earbashing shortly...
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @michaelsavage: This 'poll', which ICM does not recognise & has asked to be taken down, is still being promoted by the MP and has b… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/857155165111111682
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,068
    marke09 said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Only two of the LD seats really look comfortable at present - how many are for sure safe? Amazing how many are clustered together in the middle there. I wish them good luck (if MarkS can believe that from a person like me)
    Ceredigion on my welsh analysis was massively safe too, we'll gain Cardiff Central back too.
    England more mixed.
    Think Mark Williams may have a bit of a fight on hios hands now as Plaid have selected a locally born young lad to run for them - his family are well known in the area as both grandfather and father were police officers so he could do well with the Welsh language voters around
    Hmm Plaid always fail to live up to the hype in GEs though.
  • Options
    Do we bother with 22% leads any more?

https://twitter.com/NCPoliticsUK/status/857155161969569792
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
  • Options

what subsample? There is no subsample of the East of England showing Labour ahead!!
    I think he's used UNS from that.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

Anecdote Alert

At a chess match last night one of the opposing team was talking about his politics.

He said he'd been a :Labour voter for over 30 years, but no longer. This time he'll be voting Lib Dem, despite the whole coalition experience, because he thinks they're the only party with a sane Europe policy. He lives in Sheffield Heeley.

Obviously the Lib Dem European policy hasn't cut through yet. A parliamentary candidate of theirs who I vaguely know confirmed to me yesterday that their policy is for a referendum at the end of the A50 negotiations with the options being take the deal negotiated or remain on the status quo ante referendum I.

This is not only not sane, it's impossible.
    You can disagree with the policy, but you're wrong about it being impossible:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-uk-change-mind-article-50-legal-expert-eu-referendum-a7150926.html
    That opinion (which has no explicit basis in the Treaties) implies that the A50 two-year timetable has no meaning.

Well, it's a view.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,039
    IanB2 said:

https://order-order.com/2017/04/26/clive-lewis-slammed-pollsters-icm-spreading-fake-news/

Arguably Lewis has fallen foul of Section 106 of the Representation of the People Act 1983 in claiming false polling results for other candidates. Under the Act it’s an illegal practice to make a false statement about a rival candidate “for the purpose of affecting the return of any candidate at the election”. Lewis is yet to withdraw the tweet…

I am not convinced this would be accepted as a statement about another candidate, though. It's about the voters. And if political leaflets always had to be truthful, they'd all be in jail.

His local agent or leaflet designer is nevertheless going to get one hell of an earbashing shortly...

Could Clive find himself in trouble with someone over this?
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

Another example of the weirdo from the internet presuming to comment on my private life (once again, wildly inaccurately). Kindly desist and find yourself a healthier hobby.
    You have been solidly trolling this site with the wildly inaccurate information quoted by Roger for getting on for a year now. You are happy to sit there playing an endless loop claiming that 51% of your fellow countrymen are xenophobic morons; you have been very clear that there are no exceptions to this rule, not even many of the posters on here who are patently not xenophobic and not moronic. If you can't take it, perhaps grow up and stop dishing it out?
  • Options

I think he's used UNS from that.
    The UNS from a poll where Labour badly trail applied to a seat they won? Hmmm
  • Options
    22% leads are good... But a 30% lead would be better! When's MORI? ;)
  • Options
    ‪So I might have destroyed the political career of Clive Lewis. Not bad for a morning's work. ‬
  • Options
    Yes, but what % of the nation's brexiteers will be voting for May ?

70 ?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

IanB2 said:

Could Clive find himself in trouble with someone over this?
    ICM wont like it if he continues to use the graphic on the web or in leaflets. Otherwise, no, apart from a dent to his credibility (such as it is)
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

marke09 said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

England more mixed.
    Hmm Plaid always fail to live up to the hype in GEs though.
    True but last time he wasnt a local candidate and the Plaid Assembly member Elin Jones who is presiding officer comes from same town as the new candidate
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

You have been solidly trolling this site with the wildly inaccurate information quoted by Roger for getting on for a year now. You are happy to sit there playing an endless loop claiming that 51% of your fellow countrymen are xenophobic morons; you have been very clear that there are no exceptions to this rule, not even many of the posters on here who are patently not xenophobic and not moronic. If you can't take it, perhaps grow up and stop dishing it out?
    I have no intention of engaging with you further. You have this weird and unhealthy idea that my private life is in some way of the slightest relevance to political questions of the day. Until you understand that is utterly unacceptable, you are not a poster who I am going to respond to directly or indirectly.
  • Options
    Pics that look photoshopped but aren't, part 271.

https://twitter.com/Ned_Donovan/status/857139093024755712
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2017
    Norwich South isn't impossible for the Tories, especially if they're 25% ahead. They won it in 1983 when they were 16% ahead.
  • Options

Evesham asparagus has just been awarded EU protected status.

Ironic events, part 934 in an ongoing series...
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,943

‪So I might have destroyed the political career of Clive Lewis. Not bad for a morning's work. ‬

Well off the pace now at 15 for next Lab leader.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,065
    Mr. Eagles, some of us had money on him being next Labour leader, you bounder.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2017
    marke09 said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

England more mixed.
    The timing of the election might dent the LD/Labour vote a bit - most of the students in Aber will have gone home by 8th June.

Similar story in lots of uni seats.
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046

I didn't spot the dragon at first glance !
  • Options
    John Ashworth telling Unison conference he will be the next Health Sec under Jeremy Corbyn Gov
  • Options
    Pong said:

marke09 said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

England more mixed.
    The timing of the election might dent the LD/Labour vote a bit - most of the students in Aber will have gone home by 8th June.

How does that effect Cardiff Central ?

I'm on Plaid sub 4.5 @ 8-13 btw ^-^;

It looks to me like the Tories not only gain Yns Mon but aren't a million miles off the other Plaid seats.
  • Options

Roger said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

He's a lawyer? I thought those guys were supposed to be logical.
    Actually he is! He and alex are the closest we've got to 'Spock' on PB.
  • Options
    Pong said:

marke09 said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

England more mixed.

Labour are well out of it anyway not held the seat since 1974 and were 4th last time
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    marke09 said:

John Ashworth telling Unison conference he will be the next Health Sec under Jeremy Corbyn Gov

Parallel universe?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    chestnut said:

In other news, Newcastle United and West Ham United appear to have been raided by HMRC.

Good to hear HMRC are bothering someone other than small, self-employed types who have the audacity to not want to fill in quarterly tax returns.
  • Options

Don't have nightmares lads (& lasses).

twitter.com/naebD/status/857158247995904000

twitter.com/naebD/status/857154174336815104

I thought the picture of a naked Donald Trump would be the the most disturbing thing you'd ever post on PB.

How wrong I was.
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574

Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Roger said:

I have no intention of engaging with you further. You have this weird and unhealthy idea that my private life is in some way of the slightest relevance to political questions of the day. Until you understand that is utterly unacceptable, you are not a poster who I am going to respond to directly or indirectly.
    Mr Meeks, those words seem to bear an uncanny resemblence to what must be going on in Tim Farron's head after recent events but he can't possibly say out loud. Are you sure you aren't getting messages through the ether?
  • Options
    Hurrah we're getting the @IpsosMORI phone poll at circa 11.30am.
  • Options
    freetochoosefreetochoose Posts: 1,107
    Pulpstar said:

Yes, but what % of the nation's brexiteers will be voting for May ?

70 ?
    In 2015 Ukip fielded approx 600 candidates and got close to 4m, almost 13%. This time I'd estimate 100 candidates with a total of around 500,000. Not sure what markets this can be backed on - spreads? Either way it would be dangerous to over estimate Ukip this time around.
  • Options
    chestnut said:
    Going onto Tory election leaflets in Sunderland ?
  • Options

Tories on 50+ ??
  • Options
    This my Tory candidate - currently 3/1 with Betfair - SNP 1/5 - Baxter predicting Tory gain:

https://twitter.com/stephenckerr/status/857135269794992128
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    next Thursday....counting overnights:

Mayors: West of England, Doncaster

Councils: Isle of Wight, Swansea, Wrexham, Cardiff, Dorset, Essex, Flintshire, Gloucestershire, Lincolnshire, Merthyr, Neath, Somerset, Warwickshire, Blaunau Gwent, Bridgend, Hampshire, Newport, Northumberland, Ceredigion, Monmouthshire, Vale of Glamorgan, Cumbria, Torfaen
  • Options

Tories on 50+ ??
    *Checks inbox for an embargoed poll email*
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,135
    It's always a good day to be a Newcastle United supporter!
  • Options

Yesss.... I'm calling it now:

Con 52% Lab 22% Con Lead 30% :smiley:
  • Options
    Peter Lilley standing down.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,242
    Sandpit said:

Looking forward to ICM doing just one constituency poll this time around....just to set the record straight, you see....
  • Options
    bobajobPBbobajobPB Posts: 1,042
    calum said:

I think it's supposed to be a piece of asparagus
  • Options

Just nice for the final PMQ's before the general election as well...
  • Options

Blimey. He's left it late to announce?
  • Options

It's always a good day to be a Newcastle United supporter!

https://twitter.com/coral/status/856820253782925312
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,242

Three lions on the shield?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Yesss.... I'm calling it now:

Con 52% Lab 22% Con Lead 30% :smiley:
    What's Clive's view?
  • Options
    bobajobPB said:

His name is Gus...

http://www.britishasparagusfestival.org/about/meet-gus/
  • Options

I hope it doesn't stop him singing. It was Labour's best chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOx8q3eGq3g
  • Options
    Ben Page, Ipsos MORI‏Verified account @benatipsosmori 14m14 minutes ago

Imminent Mike today or tomorrow not sure of publishing schedule
  • Options
    bobajobPB said:

calum said:

Cheers - is that spoons the guy is carrying?
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Looking forward to ICM doing just one constituency poll this time around....just to set the record straight, you see....
    How ironic it would be if they got exactly the same result!
  • Options
    marke09 said:

Keep up.

It's out today, around 11.30am
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    Excellent portrait of obvious winner Starmer. I think he is illustrating the size of his party's chances. Or something.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/keir-starmer-labours-great-hope-party-really-trouble/
  • Options

marke09 said:

Keep up.

Place nicely TSE
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,164
    edited April 2017

I hope so. I trust nobody here would vote for someone who made statistically dubious extrapolations from sub-samples and labeled them misleadingly. But Norwich voters may have other issues on their minds.
  • Options

marke09 said:

Keep up.

Place nicely TSE
    It was meant to be a joke, I should start adding smileys to my posts.
  • Options
    So far has sent a tweet implying all non labour voters are stupid and now follows up with a potentially illegal poll. What was it Cameron said about too much Twitter.
  • Options
    calum said:

It's asparagus
  • Options
    EssexmanEssexman Posts: 19

I hope so. I trust nobody here would vote for someone who made statistically dubious extrapolations from sub-samples and labeled them misleadingly. But Norwich voters may have other issues on their minds.
    I reckon Clive Lewis maybe one of the 2017 GE 'Portillo moments' ... alongside G. Robertson, N. Clegg, V. Cable, D. Miliband (depending on if / where he stands of course), E. Miliband
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Kudos to Clive Lewis, at least he's not one of those Labour people who are in denial about what the national polls show,
  • Options
    Can we STOP taking the piss out of Clive Lewis, and start on Paul Nuttall now.

https://twitter.com/ExpressandStar/status/857145017827295232
  • Options
    To be fair, neither Paul Nuttall or Gandhi ever lived in Stoke.
  • Options

Kudos to Clive Lewis, at least he's not one of those Labour people who are in denial about what the national polls show,

Lol he chose January
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

bobajobPB said:

His name is Gus...

http://www.britishasparagusfestival.org/about/meet-gus/
    Glad we have cleared that up!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

calum said:

It's asparagus
    Specifically a pan pipe fashioned from asaparagus
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Essexman said:

I reckon Clive Lewis maybe one of the 2017 GE 'Portillo moments' ... alongside G. Robertson, N. Clegg, V. Cable, D. Miliband (depending on if / where he stands of course), E. Miliband
    I really doubt enough people have even heard of Clive Lewis or care whether he is re-elected or not.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2017
    Conservative seats up a couple of ticks;

SPIN 385
    Spreadex 387

(midpoints)
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    edited April 2017
    Gandhi of course stated he was happy for the Muslims to run India as long as it achieved independence and stopped partition. Not sure this speaks to the kipper core.
  • Options
    Pong said:

Conservative seats up a couple of ticks;

SPIN 385
    Spreadex 387

(midpoints)

Nice to know I can expect to win £30 on the spreads right now :>
This discussion has been closed.