Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why we are all going to be able to get to bed earlier this ele

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,678

Theresa May’s leadership score has soared higher than either Margaret Thatcher or Tony Blair enjoyed in their best years, an exclusive poll reveals today.

The Ipsos MORI survey shows the Conservatives on 49 per cent, with an extraordinary 23 per cent lead over Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour who are on 26.

And it reveals that support for Labour and the Liberal Democrats is “softer” than Tory support, with more of their potential voters saying they may change their minds by June 8.

But the most striking evidence that voters could deliver Mrs May an overwhelming victory is the revelation that she has the best score yet recorded by Ipsos MORI since the 1970s when the veteran pollsters began asking who would make “the most capable Prime Minister” among party leaders of the day.

Some 61 per cent chose Mrs May, with 23 per cent picking Mr Corbyn.

Shows how dreadful Cameron was, his resignation has saved the Conservative Party
    Different leaders for different times - they've lucked into this, and May would not have been able to do what he did, nor vice-versa
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,678
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Essexman said:

‪So I might have destroyed the political career of Clive Lewis. Not bad for a morning's work. ‬

I hope so. I trust nobody here would vote for someone who made statistically dubious extrapolations from sub-samples and labeled them misleadingly. But Norwich voters may have other issues on their minds.
    I reckon Clive Lewis maybe one of the 2017 GE 'Portillo moments' ... alongside G. Robertson, N. Clegg, V. Cable, D. Miliband (depending on if / where he stands of course), E. Miliband
    V, Cable isn't an MP, so is the 'moment' when he gets re-elected?

Potential portillo moments in 2017:

Angus Robertson - the scottish tories would LOVE to take this one, huge scalp for them if they manage it.

Ed Miliband - a former leader losing their seat would be huge, would really indicate total wipeout for Labour (tempered by the fact that I don't think tories hate Ed in the same way they hated Balls in 2015, so won't compare to Morley and Outwood).

Nick Clegg - former deputy PM losing would be practically unheard of, if it happens it likely indicates a catastrophic night for the LDs (but I don't see much chance of this one happening)

Kate Hoey - unlikely, but I think LDs would love to take this seat, and many Labour people would probably wish them well - she is extremely unpopular amongst many of the 'left'.

Emily Thornberry - closest person to Corbyn himself who has a chance of losing their seat. But with the tories in 2nd in 2015, yet being otherwise a good LD seat, I think tactical voting will fail and she is fine.

any others?

With Labour in such dire straits there are several lesser portillo moments where big names like Yvette Cooper lose their seat, but they would still lack the symbolism of a true Portillo.
    The most likely Portillo moment is Robertson losing his seat to the Tories, even in current polling the others have too big a majority. If the Tories do oust the Westminster SNP leader it would be even more satisfying for them than Balls
    The fantasising on here recently is breathtaking. Heartbreak and tears ahead for the frothers.
    How could they not fantasise? Have you seen this polling? If the real votes turn out even close there's a lot of people with weak hearts who won't be able to cope with the ecstasy.
This discussion has been closed.