Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Labour reduce the Tory lead to 23% with YouGov in the most inc

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,273
    DavidL said:

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Bloody hell, the BBC paper review is reporting the Mail story on the Tory poll lead being slashed as if it might have some truth to it.

Good! We don't want Corbyn being ousted now, do we?
    I'm thinking of voting Labour in the locals.
    In fairness, it might be your last chance.
    Just checked we do have a Labour candidate who happens to have the same name as my late grandfather. That's good enough for me. :)
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    GIN1138 said:

Is there an ICM coming out tonight or can we head off for some Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Panelbase scotland poll coming up at midnight.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Bloody hell, the BBC paper review is reporting the Mail story on the Tory poll lead being slashed as if it might have some truth to it.

I don't think Corbyn will be ousted for a few days yet, the MPs could/will wate till there nomination papers are submitted and they are defiantly on the ballot paper as the official Labour candidate, at which point some/a lot/most could/will declare that in under no cercomestas will they vote to make Courbyn PM and instead will vote for ......
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Scott_P said:

@rafaelbehr: @nickfaith82 When your big brand problem is 'couldn't run a whelk stall' not sure headline policy of 'stall closing 4 extra days' is wise positioning.

The whole patriotic public holidays thing sounds like a Ukip policy. Perhaps Labour are making a belated attempt to convince their Ukip defectors that Jeremy Corbyn is really into patriotism?

More likely, of course, the Labour leadership haven't a clue what they're fucking doing, and are flailing about like stranded fish.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

ToryJim said:
    Reminds of during the Cleggasm some Lib Dems were convinced they were going to win Witney.
    The one on the left is HOT. The other one is U**Y.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,580
    edited April 2017
    Given I'd expect a PM candidate to get a bit of a boost in their home constituency, surely come June there's a good chance Maidenhead is literally the safest Tory seat in the country?

Speaking of the SE, there are 84 seats, 78 of which are Tory held. How many others are vulnerable? No local knowledge and looking at wiki:

Hove looks very possible, taken by the Tories in 2010 but lost in 2015, small Lab majority.
    Oxford East looks very safe - LDs within 1000 votes in the past, but looks rock solid now.
    Slough was Tory 83-92, under 8000 majority, I guess in the present climate that's possible?
    Southampton Test seems similar - even smaller majority, has to be vulnerable on a bad night?
    Brighton Pavilion - the people's republic of Brighton. 3 way marginal in 2010, but with Labour so poor assumed Green hold odds on.
    Buckingham - Speaker, would be Tory otherwise, will they stand? I think they should.

So possibly down to 2-3 non Tory seats in the SE

• Options
    nunu said:

GIN1138 said:

Is there an ICM coming out tonight or can we head off for some Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Panelbase scotland poll coming up at midnight.
    Jings, I cannot take much more.

(No sign of the ICM on Twitter, must be tomorrow).
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,583
    RobD said:

ToryJim said:

Some people are smoking some heavy shit

twitter.com/moboboandyking/status/855721784641019904

Does he know that Maidenhead is the second safest Tory seat in the country? He's deluded!
    Possibly not but he's just been rude and offensive to me on twitter.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,675
    tlg86 said:

DavidL said:

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

Just checked we do have a Labour candidate who happens to have the same name as my late grandfather. That's good enough for me. :)
    Fair enough. My daughter who is studying law sent me a link to a case in which the pursuer had exactly the same name as me from 1904 yesterday asking if it was connected to the family. I explained if any of our family was appearing in court in 1904 it was probably as the accused!
  • Options
    BigRich said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

I don't think Corbyn will be ousted for a few days yet, the MPs could/will wate till there nomination papers are submitted and they are defiantly on the ballot paper as the official Labour candidate, at which point some/a lot/most could/will declare that in under no cercomestas will they vote to make Courbyn PM and instead will vote for ......
    The thing is, if the PLP attempt to defenestrate their own leader in the middle of a General Election campaign - and even assuming that they succeed - would it make Labour's position better or worse. The image of total chaos and a hopelessly divided and warring party would be inescapable.

I don't know - perhaps, if there is some sort of plot, those behind it have calculated that things can't possibly get any worse.

That could well be a terrible mistake.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Of all the really weird things tonight that Sunday Mail front page is surely the weirdest. What on earth were they thinking?

They're worried TMay might be so far ahead she can ignore them, and come to think she can actually raise some taxes without worrying about electoral impact for once, so time to remind her they are not her lapdogs and can still cause trouble.
    It does seem that she is going, at one bound, to be free of all the slightly weird little pressure groups on the edges of the Tory party (and of reason for that matter). The problem is I am still not completely convinced she is completely free of these foibles herself.
    Nor am I - since the polls give her anywhere from 45-200ish majorities, we shall likely soon find out, and hopefully to our benefit.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Of all the really weird things tonight that Sunday Mail front page is surely the weirdest. What on earth were they thinking?

They're worried TMay might be so far ahead she can ignore them, and come to think she can actually raise some taxes without worrying about electoral impact for once, so time to remind her they are not her lapdogs and can still cause trouble.
    It does seem that she is going, at one bound, to be free of all the slightly weird little pressure groups on the edges of the Tory party (and of reason for that matter). The problem is I am still not completely convinced she is completely free of these foibles herself.
    Earlier polling upthread showed 44% of people thought a landslide for the tories was a good thing. Even I as a non-Tory am wondering if I would prefer to have a large Tory majority than a small one, exactly because it means May can govern on her own terms rather than at the whim of various pressure groups.

I overheard a couple of colleagues the other day, not very politically aware from what I could hear of their conversation, but basically all agreeing that a big majority for may would get us a better Brexit deal. The message seems to be filtering through.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    edited April 2017
    JPJ2 said:

Peak Tory in Scotland already-blink and you will miss it.

Still an overwhelmingly victory for the SNP even on these figures and
    attempts by the Tories to quote their heavy defeat by the SNP as somehow justification for delaying
    a referendum will not convince the 70 per cent or so who have not voted Tory.

You are confusing "Tory" with "unionist". If a convincing majority vote for unionist parties, that is a very good argument for not holding a referendum. (Not for "delaying" it, but for not holding it.)

• Options

This looks ripe for a complaint to IPSO...

https://twitter.com/election_data/status/855903335936819200

Why ? Is there any incorrect information in it ? You cannot complain because you do not like it.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,583

Scott_P said:

@rafaelbehr: @nickfaith82 When your big brand problem is 'couldn't run a whelk stall' not sure headline policy of 'stall closing 4 extra days' is wise positioning.

The whole patriotic public holidays thing sounds like a Ukip policy. Perhaps Labour are making a belated attempt to convince their Ukip defectors that Jeremy Corbyn is really into patriotism?

More likely, of course, the Labour leadership haven't a clue what they're fucking doing, and are flailing about like stranded fish.
    Will be undercut by his neighbour and Foreign Affairs spokesperson saying she won't put the flag out for St George's Day.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,110
    ToryJim said:

RobD said:

ToryJim said:

Does he know that Maidenhead is the second safest Tory seat in the country? He's deluded!
    Oh well.. you can cheer yourself up with the fact he's going to be very disappointed come June 9th when she holds the safest Tory seat in the country!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

twitter.com/election_data/status/855903335936819200

Why ? Is there any incorrect information in it ? You cannot complain because you do not like it.
    How long have you been here? You know we don't compare numbers from different polling companies. :p
  • Options

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Earlier polling upthread showed 44% of people thought a landslide for the tories was a good thing. Even I as a non-Tory am wondering if I would prefer to have a large Tory majority than a small one, exactly because it means May can govern on her own terms rather than at the whim of various pressure groups.

I overheard a couple of colleagues the other day, not very politically aware from what I could hear of their conversation, but basically all agreeing that a big majority for may would get us a better Brexit deal. The message seems to be filtering through.
    If the Tories are going to win , I would prefer a very large majority. It ticks many boxes !
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    surbiton said:

There is incorrect information in the front page headline. The lead has not halved.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    RobD said:

surbiton said:

How long have you been here? You know we don't compare numbers from different polling companies. :p
    But it is not illegal. Who gives a fuck what we do here ?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    surbiton said:

The complaint might be that it is misleading - it is possible to mislead with technically correct information. Politicians do this all the time with specific emphasis or omission to give impressions of something without making anything up.

Whether that would hold up here or not I don't know, but it's obviously at best odd to compare polls from different sources directly like that.
  • Options
    RogueywonRogueywon Posts: 28
    So what does success look like for TM? My thoughts:

Loss of seats/loss of majority: Abject disaster. Resigns the next day before the party machine can take her down.

Majority less than 40: Seen as failure. Party think she should have done better vs Corbyn. Public think she has wasted their time. Getting Brexit and a tough domestic agenda through Parliament remains very difficult. Possible calls to stand down or stalking-horse candidates.

Majority of 40-60: She'll argue it's success and some may go along with it. But a lot of voices in the party will grumble that she should have done better. Parliamentary business becomes a bit easier, but could still be tricky in the most difficult votes. The Lords will be hard to control.

Majority of 60-150: Success. The party cheers for her and her standing is enhanced. The public acknowledges her as bold, decisive and, above all, successful. Parliamentary business becomes much easier and the Lords is cowed to the point it dare not obstruct the agenda. Best of all, Corbyn tries to hang on - probably successfully - as Labour leader.

Majority of 150+: Huge success... BUT... either Corbyn falls, or the bulk of the remaining Labour MPs form a new Parliamentary bloc. TM gets a huge mandate for five years, but faces a renewed and revitalised opposition, making this arguably worse than the 60-150 scenario.
  • Options
    RobD said:

ToryJim said:

RobD said:

ToryJim said:

Oh well.. you can cheer yourself up with the fact he's going to be very disappointed come June 9th when she holds the safest Tory seat in the country!
    Not totally impossible it could be the biggest percentage majority of any seat full stop.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

RobD said:

surbiton said:

But it is not illegal. Who gives a fuck what we do here ?
    Like I alluded to in an earlier post, I don't think it is grounds for a complaint.
  • Options

surbiton said:

There is incorrect information in the front page headline. The lead has not halved.
    I am talking about the "Tories tumble in 4 days". Don't try to be a smart guy. You are not.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    DavidL said:

tlg86 said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

LOL
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,242
    surbiton said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

If the Tories are going to win , I would prefer a very large majority. It ticks many boxes !
    I look forward to hearing you have ticked the Conservative box on June 8....
  • Options
    Cyan said:

JPJ2 said:

attempts by the Tories to quote their heavy defeat by the SNP as somehow justification for delaying

You are confusing "Tory" with "unionist". If a convincing majority vote for unionist parties, that is a very good argument for not holding a referendum. (Not for "delaying" it, but for not holding it.)

The Unionists (Tory +Labour+ Lib Dem +UKIP) must be more than 55% and ideally more than 57%. I am getting more hopeful than I was.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

surbiton said:

The complaint might be that it is misleading - it is possible to mislead with technically correct information. Politicians do this all the time with specific emphasis or omission to give impressions of something without making anything up.

Whether that would hold up here or not I don't know, but it's obviously at best odd to compare polls from different sources directly like that.
    OK. We will wait for the verdict.............in six months !
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

JPJ2 said:

Delay by the Tories against the wishes of Holyrood and in the face of demographic
    changes just makes the end of the Union even more certain.

The SNP losing 10-12 seats, most probably the leader of the SNP at Westminster losing his seat and the unionist parties combined on 55% would be a rebuff to the SNP whichever way you try and spin it and May would easily be able to ignore Sturgeon's indyref2 demands for the rest of the Parliament
    Correct. If the combined Unionist vote comes to over 50% and the SNP ships any meaningful number of seats, then I think May will feel she's in a strong enough position to rebuff Sturgeon. After that, the SNP can scream and cry and fulminate as much as they like. They've already been whining at an increasingly high pitch ever since the Brexit vote, and thus far it has got them nowhere.

Under such circumstances, the line from No.10 would probably be that peak SNP has passed, the vote shares suggest a majority against independence (confirming the 2014 referendum result,) and therefore indyref2 is off the table - for now. I think that May would tell the SNP to wait until the next Holyrood election in 2021 - by which time we'll have left the EU, and Scots can assess properly how the new arrangements are taking shape - and then try to win another pro-independence majority in the Scottish Parliament, before conceding a new referendum.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    It’s been a long time since the term ‘night crawlers’ was used on PB....
  • Options
    ST/Panelbase Scotland poll
    Change from 2015

SNP 44% (-6)
    Con 33% (+18)
    Lab 13% (-11)
    Lib Dems 5% (-2)
  • Options
    Oh baby.... :o:D
  • Options

surbiton said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

The Yellows have it !
  • Options
    That's quite the marmalade dropper from Panelbase, eh?
  • Options

surbiton said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

If there is to be a majority on this scale, caused by literally there being 2 Con voters for every Lab voter (my brain will not accept that could be possible, and I might struggle even after it is the case), I look forward to all the people who will be astounded because they don't know anyone who votes Tory.

And the answer will be, statistically you do, mate, they just don't tell you. Then the horror when they realise someone they love probably voted Tory...
  • Options
    Blimey, when will we get Scon/SNP crossover in Scotland?
  • Options
    I wonder how James Kelly will be spinning this one :p
  • Options
    That Jesus Fucking Christ was and truly deserved.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

surbiton said:

I am talking about the "Tories tumble in 4 days". Don't try to be a smart guy. You are not.
    There is no evidence for the change in the Tory position over the past four days either way. Until the promised new ICM poll hits.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

kle4 said:

surbiton said:

OK. We will wait for the verdict.............in six months !
    I'm not advising there be an official complaint to deal with. 'Newspaper headline is misleading', who cares, like you say.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

Cyan said:

La Libre in Belgium has published a poll since the French ban came into effect. I don't think this is voodoo: they're keeping quiet about the pollster for legal reasons.

Le Pen 26%
    Fillon 22%
    Macron 21%
    Mélenchon 17%
    Hamon 7%

The Tribune de Genève in Switzerland will also be publishing one, or already has.

It's apparently polling from 'one of the candidate's teams'. Who would benefit from a poll like this?
    Presumably Macron.

Le Pen looks a bit too high, however given we know Fillon's base will likely turn out while Macron's is untested there is reason to believe the order is not implausible.
    Admittedly I have not been following the French elections as much as many on hear. so correct me if I am worn would a Fillon Vs Le Pen run off put be an Anglo-Phile Vs a Euro-Phobe, so ether way we could get a better deal than expected a few months ago.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    IRA supporting Corbyn was in Warrington today (where I live for my sins) and from the comments my son showed me on social media tonight he went down like a cup of cold sick as you could well imagine, and Warrington is generally a Labour supporting town
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    I know that PBers seem to be shocked by the polls, but I'm not. Corbyn has literally no coherent policy on the big issue of the day which will decide Britain's future for decades to come: Brexit. In a time when France could elect Le Pen, and we could see the EU project totally collapse, in time of heightening tensions between North Korea and the United States etc - why would anyone want Corbyn guiding this country through such a worrying period? For instance, looking at some of the difficulties facing my generation in this country - Corbyn has literally no answers to them.

In the last couple of days, I've seriously thought about switching to LDs permanently. They are not perfect by any means, and are bit too Europhile for my liking. But they've spoken about issues I care about, they have at least a clear stance on Brexit (which is more than Labour) and they are relatively sane lefties, and not hard left nuts which have infiltrated Labour. Obviously, we'll see how the election goes, and whether Corbyn gets voted out after Labour are clearly decimated on June 8th. But it does seem that Labour of the old isn't coming back, and maybe, just maybe they as a political party have expired and a new left-centre party (LDs?) needs to come and take it's place. I already know that I'm voting LD in May local elections, and in June, and I think I'll stick with the party for the foreseeable future.
  • Options

hps://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/855919168734064641

LDs still going down?!

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,775
    Bloody hell fire....Lets just hope the pollster are in for their worst set of predictions ever!!!!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Oh baby.... :o:D

Woof woof...... is that a surge up north.... rue the day
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Tories, remember this night - it will not get any better for you than the dreams you will have as a result. The rest of us quaver in fear at what a majority of such a scale would do.

To bed.
  • Options
    kjohnw said:

IRA supporting Corbyn was in Warrington today (where I live for my sins) and from the comments my son showed me on social media tonight he went down like a cup of cold sick as you could well imagine, and Warrington is generally a Labour supporting town

And I am guessing a lot of people still aren't fully aware of Corbyn's history....
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,458

HYUFD said:

JPJ2 said:

Delay by the Tories against the wishes of Holyrood and in the face of demographic
    changes just makes the end of the Union even more certain.

The SNP losing 10-12 seats, most probably the leader of the SNP at Westminster losing his seat and the unionist parties combined on 55% would be a rebuff to the SNP whichever way you try and spin it and May would easily be able to ignore Sturgeon's indyref2 demands for the rest of the Parliament
    Correct. If the combined Unionist vote comes to over 50% and the SNP ships any meaningful number of seats, then I think May will feel she's in a strong enough position to rebuff Sturgeon. After that, the SNP can scream and cry and fulminate as much as they like. They've already been whining at an increasingly high pitch ever since the Brexit vote, and thus far it has got them nowhere.

Under such circumstances, the line from No.10 would probably be that peak SNP has passed, the vote shares suggest a majority against independence (confirming the 2014 referendum result,) and therefore indyref2 is off the table - for now. I think that May would tell the SNP to wait until the next Holyrood election in 2021 - by which time we'll have left the EU, and Scots can assess properly how the new arrangements are taking shape - and then try to win another pro-independence majority in the Scottish Parliament, before conceding a new referendum.
    Certainly, though it is of course not impossible the general election after next could be in 2021 too now
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2017
    edit
  • Options

It’s been a long time since the term ‘night crawlers’ was used on PB....

I'm going to be up until about 4 am at this rate.
  • Options
    That would truly be astonishing. But I would be disappointed if the SNP poll quite as high as that. (Ditto the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems probably both a bit low).
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    kle4 said:

Tories, remember this night - it will not get any better for you than the dreams you will have as a result. The rest of us quaver in fear at what a majority of such a scale would do.

To bed.

In all seriousness, it is bad for the nation. It results in terrible policies.

Ideally given the situation, far better to have 50-60 Tory majority, Corbyn and all his like gone from Labour Party, best of whatever Brexit the Tories can deliver.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, as an emotional unionist, I truly hope the unionist parties do take this many seats off the SNP, who will remain dominant in the politics up there, and hopeful for the future, but seeing any sort of unionist revival after the near wipeout of 2015 will give me some comfort, even if there are plenty of people who say a Tory landslide makes them more inclined to vote Yes.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    kjohnw said:

Just curious - what sins are only available in Warrington? :smile:
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Scott_P said:
    Blimey, I think the klaxon just broke.
  • Options
    But she stayed up to see the poll. :)
  • Options
    Why do people act so shocked about these polls? As if Labour haven't been dire in Scotland for months now.

Ruth Davidson comes across as moderate and sensible every time I've seen her (she's also anti-Trump, and that always gets plus points from me). Kezia Dugdale is a non-entity. Davidson is the anti-thesis of negative stereotypes about Tories. I'm not surprised she is doing well.
  • Options
    The way to finish Corbyn off is for labour to vote conservative and crush his movement.

Those surviving mps form their own party and leader and ignore him
  • Options
    How can Ruth not stand for Westminster with polls like these?
  • Options

Why do people act so shocked about these polls? As if Labour haven't been dire in Scotland for months now.

Ruth Davidson comes across as moderate and sensible every time I've seen her (she's also anti-Trump, and that always gets plus points from me). Kezia Dugdale is a non-entity. Davidson is the anti-thesis of negative stereotypes about Tories. I'm not surprised she is doing well.

Dugdale is worse than Corbyn. And, that is saying something.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Tim_B said:

kjohnw said:

Rugby League?
  • Options
    I'm calling it now, at the 2022 GE the Tories will

1) Take every Glasgow seat

2) Be the largest party in Scotland
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,943

kjohnw said:

And I am guessing a lot of people still aren't fully aware of Corbyn's history....
    We have barely started on Get Corbyn campaign.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

But she stayed up to see the poll. :)
    Then went to bed in a great mood
  • Options

Tim_B said:

kjohnw said:

Rugby League?
    Vladivar Vodka.
  • Options

In the last couple of days, I've seriously thought about switching to LDs permanently. They are not perfect by any means, and are bit too Europhile for my liking. But they've spoken about issues I care about, they have at least a clear stance on Brexit (which is more than Labour) and they are relatively sane lefties, and not hard left nuts which have infiltrated Labour. Obviously, we'll see how the election goes, and whether Corbyn gets voted out after Labour are clearly decimated on June 8th. But it does seem that Labour of the old isn't coming back, and maybe, just maybe they as a political party have expired and a new left-centre party (LDs?) needs to come and take it's place. I already know that I'm voting LD in May local elections, and in June, and I think I'll stick with the party for the foreseeable future.

Never switch to anyone 'permanently'. But I think labour need be worried when people looking for a left of centre option like you are actively turned off by what they are doing.

I try not to overreact to things because I am a consistently boring 30 year old fart, but the polls the last week have, despite the 7 long weeks to go and all my instincts, having me doubt my long held view that Lab will do better than feared and the Tories worse.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Because she's probably the more interested in saving the Union than being an MP
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,973
    Tick tock......

Sturgeon came to office promising to lead for all Scots and pledging real reform of public services, but as we hurtle towards yet another election that will be dominated by the constitution, the First Minister looks less a unifying figure than a tribalist, fighting a war of attrition with the majority of voters.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/euan-mccolm-election-turns-sturgeon-into-image-of-salmond-1-4426703
  • Options

I know that PBers seem to be shocked by the polls, but I'm not. Corbyn has literally no coherent policy on the big issue of the day which will decide Britain's future for decades to come: Brexit. In a time when France could elect Le Pen, and we could see the EU project totally collapse, in time of heightening tensions between North Korea and the United States etc - why would anyone want Corbyn guiding this country through such a worrying period? For instance, looking at some of the difficulties facing my generation in this country - Corbyn has literally no answers to them.

Were you a Labour voter previously? Sorry for not remembering.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,068
    Mundell to hold his seat at 1-3, Dumfries and Galloway @ 9-4 and Berwickshire Roxburgh, Selkirk @ 1-2 all look massive to me.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Blimey, I think the klaxon just broke.
    Oh my word..... Great for tories but Labour and to a lesser extent Libs..........
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

She's aiming for FM!
  • Options

The way to finish Corbyn off is for labour to vote conservative and crush his movement.

Those surviving mps form their own party and leader and ignore him

Dan Hodges is voting Conservative.

But although I'd LOVE to see Corbyn go, I cannot vote Conservative. I've thought about it and my beliefs do not align with the Conservative party. I'm a liberal at heart.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Because she's probably the more interested in saving the Union than being an MP
    God yes, we need her up here 100% of the time if there is any chance of an Indyref2.
  • Options
    In all these polls, no sign of Lib Dem picking up all the angry Remainer vote.
  • Options
    Scots Tories aim to seize the Lib Dems' bar chart crown

https://twitter.com/John2Win/status/855855508909170689
  • Options

Come on, now, you've had a long day.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,934
    Pulpstar said:

Mundell to hold his seat at 1-3, Dumfries and Galloway @ 9-4 and Berwickshire Roxburgh, Selkirk @ 1-2 all look massive to me.

Where is this?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

That would truly be astonishing. But I would be disappointed if the SNP poll quite as high as that. (Ditto the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems probably both a bit low).
    Ahem - we have the Wales one to look forward to - anyone think it will look good for the Trots?
  • Options
    It's important to note that this prediction assume UNS, and therefore do not count unionist tactical voting, so there could be even more blue MPs in Scotland.
  • Options
    RobD said:

AndyJS said:

She's aiming for FM!
    She's young enough to do that later on.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

I've thought about it and my beliefs do not align with the Conservative party. I'm a liberal at heart.

Sounds like Dave Cameron and the previous Tory administration.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

RobD said:

AndyJS said:

She's aiming for FM!
    She's young enough to do that later on.
    She's young enough to do Westminster later on :p
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,684

If there is a second referendum and independence loses again point 2 may well happen. What would be the raison detre for the SNP if Scottish people reject independence twice in two generations less than ten years.
  • Options

kjohnw said:

I saw something either yesterday or today that did indeed suggest that.
  • Options
    So if Scotland is 33% Tory, what will greying Wales be? I predict a massacre...
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,973
    kle4 said:

even if there are plenty of people who say a Tory landslide makes them more inclined to vote Yes.

TBH I was surprised at how low that figure was - as presumably many people who were going to Vote Yes anyway said it would make them 'more likely' - I'm not a fan of hypotheticals in polls beyond the simple 'if there was a GE tomorrow'....
This discussion has been closed.