Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After a dramatic night the PB/Polling Matters team analyse Tru

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    PlatoSaid said:

And bizarrely - moving into the White House will be a serious step-down accommodation wise :open_mouth:

He should have "TRUMP WHITE HOUSE" in big gold letters installed on the gates.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Moses_ said:

I hope a few apologies to Plato are being drafted. You can disagree with her politics and her habit of retreating and copy and pasting, but she has taken a lot of abuse from certain posters in here. A little humility from her tormentors would be nice.

As I keep on saying, she gave out abuse as well. It was far from all one-way.
    Sorry no

As someone who really did not give a shit either way as commonly stated on this forum

Plato got a avalanche of abuse here. An absolute Avalanche....Just go back and read some of the terrible things that were said about her. You should be absolutely fucking ashamed of this and hang you collected heads. All of you....

Plato can stand up for herself as we all very well know but the treatment that certain posters gave to her over many months just because she researched and posted alternatives were nothing short of disgraceful.

Well done ms Plato .

I Should have said this before I did not and I include myself in the above shame as a consequence.
    +1
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Trump slipped into presidential mode from candidate mode seamlessly imo.

It was a very nasty election, neither candidate had the opportunity to act Presidential.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

PlatoSaid said:

And bizarrely - moving into the White House will be a serious step-down accommodation wise :open_mouth:

And then build blocks of high end flats in the gardens?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    RobD said:

Wow, I hadn't realised that the Senate hadn't confirmed a new Justice, so there is a vacancy right now!

I saw mention that two others wanted to retire - guess they won't be now. Trump IIRC published a list of potential candidates a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

tlg86 said:

PlatoSaid said:

I'm told they will be yuuuugeeee.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113

Marijuana legalisation in various states -- either medical or recreational -- may spread here. More importantly, it may spur further research by the drug companies, who together with the agribusinesses will soon dominate the trade.

We're going to need it.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,076

Charles said:

Congratulations to Plato for sticking to her guns despite the brickbats thrown.

Or the ones she threw.
    I've just the past few weeks but don't recall anything like @Jobabob 's systematic unpleasantness towards Miss Plato.

Perhaps you have some specifics to share?
    Not to share. She knows. I daresay I'll be waiting a long time ...
    Usual bile from you, show us your proof or just crawl away.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Charles said:

Or the ones she threw.
    I've just the past few weeks but don't recall anything like @Jobabob 's systematic unpleasantness towards Miss Plato.

Some people call unsubstantiated accusations "smears"
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,369
    edited November 2016
    Just been said that the Paris climate change deal is dead as a result of Trump's Presidency. This election has to have been the left's ultimate demise
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574
    it was pretty clear on 24th June that Trump would win it. I could see the juggernaut steaming inevitably towards us just as I could before the referendum. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew it would happen. Like Jonathan, heart and head one way, but my gut the other.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Good Morning PBers ....

A new dawn has broken has it not .....

Firstly. Whilst @Plato is in the house :

I congratulate you most heartily on your success, together with other PBers who saw this wave coming. Very well done. A stunning triumph - Trumpsters - Enjoy the adulation and bask long in your moment in the sun.

Whilst I mention a "wave" it will be a wave goodbye to the ARSE. We've enjoyed some huge wins over the past ten years on PB but all good things come to an end and I know when the time is to leave the field. And that time is now.

• Options
    edited November 2016

I lurched off to bed last night with young Mr Smithson intoning that 'a swing is a swing' and 'it's all over' then arose to this. One consolation though: it makes me feel better about Brexit. We're now not the only country capable of being seismically reckless with our own good standing.

Well done. You show, yet again, why you shouldn't be let anywhere near voters.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

So does he take phone call from Nigel or Tezza first ?

Alan, Scotland has a president and soon we will be independent, happy days. Go "The Donald".
    LOL wee Mrs McTurnip is currently looking at a crow and wondering how it tastes.

You can send Fat Boy Slim as your ambassador :-)
    She called that well wrong
    she may need to cede that Golf course as US sovereign territory :-)
    I am going to campaign to have Prestwick airport renamed to TRUMP airport.
    Could Scotland afford the license fee?
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,236

Well done to Plato and one or two others on here.

Polling and projection analysis and 538 are all finished.

But who cares while we watch in fear to see if Congress can control him.

538 hinted at it, but were possibly afraid of going out on a limb.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,072
    Moses_ said:

I hope a few apologies to Plato are being drafted. You can disagree with her politics and her habit of retreating and copy and pasting, but she has taken a lot of abuse from certain posters in here. A little humility from her tormentors would be nice.

As I keep on saying, she gave out abuse as well. It was far from all one-way.
    Sorry no

As someone who really did not give a shit either way as commonly stated on this forum

Plato got a avalanche of abuse here. An absolute Avalanche....Just go back and read some of the terrible things that were said about her. You should be absolutely fucking ashamed of this and hang you collected heads. All of you....

Plato can stand up for herself as we all very well know but the treatment that certain posters gave to her over many months just because she researched and posted alternatives were nothing short of disgraceful.

Well done ms Plato .

I Should have said this before I did not and I include myself in the above shame as a consequence.
    I've already congratulated her. But to some extent, what she received was what she was giving out, especially early on.
  • Options
    :o@JackW you can't leave!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

PlatoSaid said:

:lol:
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited November 2016
    RobD said:

tlg86 said:

PlatoSaid said:

I'm told they will be yuuuugeeee.
    But not for sale to the vrhinnna-ese.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

At least trump is trying to say the right things

Just in the wrong order.
  • Options
    This popular vote market on Betfair is extraordinary. I genuinely think Clinton should be 1.01

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.125828948
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,440
    Wow, the FTSE has come almost all the way back up again, offering the chance to make the money from it falling all over again.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Good Morning PBers ....

I congratulate you most heartily on your success, together with other PBers who saw this wave coming. Very well done. A stunning triumph - Trumpsters - Enjoy the adulation and bask long in your moment in the sun.

Whilst I mention a "wave" it will be a wave goodbye to the ARSE. We've enjoyed some huge wins over the past ten years on PB but all good things come to an end and I know when the time is to leave the field. And that time is now.

Please Jack: even if your ARSE has to leave, please stick around. There's still plenty of room on the field for the rest of you.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    RobD said:

Wow, I hadn't realised that the Senate hadn't confirmed a new Justice, so there is a vacancy right now!

I think POTUS had to approve it - or Senate had to approve POTUS appointment. So deadlock.

One just hopes Trump will take advice while he adjusts to the office. He will have to start delivering reasonably soon.

Oh - and when will he get his Nobel Peace Prize?
  • Options
    I suppose a British hedge fund could pay for a woman to go to America and launch a case in an American court to overturn the result.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

RobD said:

I bet Pence can't believe it!

I've huge respect for Pence - he took a gamble and played his hand very well. Kudos to him.

Now the GOP have the WH, Senate, House et al - they can do something tangible.
    The cabinet will be interesting. I've been relaxed about Trump owing to my theory that because he has no political hinterland, the Republican establishment will need to supply a list of candidates.
    The end of Obamacare, climate change.......? What else?
    Dunno. The pundits will be scrabbling through Trump speeches but on most issues, he has faced both ways or just said he'd get the best people on it. More worrying is his isolationism -- or his long-held conviction (he's been saying it for decades) that the rest of the world gets a free ride on America.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    DavidL said:

Total disaster for the Dems. Net gain of 1 in the Senate but still Republican, net gain of 5 in the House, still Republican, a chance to rebalance the Supreme Court for a generation and a reworking of the US Presidential map that opens up so many more opportunities for Republican candidates to win. Kasich surely will be a very strong candidate in 4 years time if the Donald has had enough.

Really quite an amazingly bad night for them. And it's not even as though it was just Dems who thought they'd win, plenty of republicans too.

Expect to see Canada feted as home of hip young liberalism - though they tend to forget that was afree a decade of tory government.
  • Options
    Charles said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

So does he take phone call from Nigel or Tezza first ?

Alan, Scotland has a president and soon we will be independent, happy days. Go "The Donald".
    LOL wee Mrs McTurnip is currently looking at a crow and wondering how it tastes.

You can send Fat Boy Slim as your ambassador :-)
    She called that well wrong
    she may need to cede that Golf course as US sovereign territory :-)
    I am going to campaign to have Prestwick airport renamed to TRUMP airport.
    Could Scotland afford the license fee?
    He already keeps his fleet there when he is not using it, its home base so already well on its way.
  • Options
    JennyFreemanJennyFreeman Posts: 488
    edited November 2016
    Well done Plato.

What also surprised me was being repeatedly told between midnight and 1.30am that 'it is over' in favour of Clinton. Until actual votes are counted and different demographics watched it's impossible to call something no matter how many people shouting on Twitter tell you otherwise.

Even exit polls can be wayward if one candidate is associated with something you wouldn't want to admit in public. That 'shy Trump' aspect seemed clear to some of us.

As for Nate Silver declaring that he would no longer include the LATimes tracker in his model 'because it has been an outlier all year' what a crass piece of cherry picking.

IBD/TIPP Tracker poll once again performed superbly.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    edited November 2016
    Worth standing back - Trump has done it by winning three large states all by just 1%:

FL
    PA
    MI

Switch those three and Clinton wins 298-240.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Now waiting to collect my £350 from by bet for a Donald victory.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

This popular vote market on Betfair is extraordinary. I genuinely think Clinton should be 1.01

Yep, millions of votes to come from California.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

Or the ones she threw.

Some people call unsubstantiated accusations "smears"
    Okay: she repeatedly brought my 'illness' up in conversation and saying that I'd changed. It was bemusing, but also wrong and annoying. It was not just once, but repeatedly.

Care to take the 'smears' angle back?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001

Pulpstar said:

Trump slipped into presidential mode from candidate mode seamlessly imo.

It was a very nasty election, neither candidate had the opportunity to act Presidential.
    They both fought a good hard fight I thought.
  • Options
    What will be Donald's first act as Pres? Any ideas?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Charles said:

Or the ones she threw.

Morning ELIZA. Hope you're well.

See my post a couple of minutes ago.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,391

You think? 0.6% behind at the moment. That's a fair few votes given the number counted.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    DavidL said:

Total disaster for the Dems. Net gain of 1 in the Senate but still Republican, net gain of 5 in the House, still Republican, a chance to rebalance the Supreme Court for a generation and a reworking of the US Presidential map that opens up so many more opportunities for Republican candidates to win. Kasich surely will be a very strong candidate in 4 years time if the Donald has had enough.

If Trump bows out it will be Pence not Kasich, the Bush/Kasich wing of the GOP was as badly beaten last night as Hillary
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Looks like the Anglosphere is shaking the world up a bit

Shaking or breaking? Time will tell.
    Rough Year For Many. French elections unlikely to be great for the left, what about Germany?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Your needle is very stuck
  • Options
    edited November 2016

AndyJS said:

Your needle is very stuck
    Sorry? If I want to say something a million times, that's what I'll do. Understand? Good.
  • Options

Jailing Hilary?
    Discovering what investigations are ongoing into himself?
    A round of golf in Scotland? ;)
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    So the lesson is trust your gut even if it makes you queasy. It's gonna be beautiful people. It's gonna be huge.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    I admit I thought Ms Plato had lost her marbles.

I didn't join in the avalanche of abuse because I don't have a monopoly of marbles myself. I also believe Trump won't be as bad as many think. The Mexican wall was clearly an exaggeration and I suspect he'll tone down a lot of the rhetoric now - because that's all it was.

I wish America well.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    Good morning everyone. I am in the emotionally conflicted position of having won nearly £80K at Betfair on what I consider to be the most abhorrent major election result in the western world in my lifetime - the election in the US, with mass support, of a billionaire fascist demagogue who models his presentation on Hitler.

• Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,341
    Alistair said:

Sandpit said:

Where's Miss @PlatoSaid this morning? Stand up and take a bow that lady.

Plato went all wobbly wobbly didn't she and went for a narrow Cliton win?

Well done Plato.

What also surprised me was being repeatedly told between midnight and 1.30am that 'it is over' in favour of Clinton. Until actual votes are counted and different demographics watched it's impossible to call something no matter how many people shouting on Twitter tell you otherwise.

Even exit polls can be wayward if one candidate is associated with something you wouldn't want to admit in public. That 'shy Trump' aspect seemed clear to some of us.

As for Nate Silver declaring that he would no longer include the LATimes tracker in his model 'because it has been an outlier all year' what a crass piece of cherry picking.

The LA Times poll was nonsense and Silver was right to exclude. It predicted Trump winning the PV by 3-4 points whereas the most likely finish will be Clinton winning 0-1.
  • Options
    Why does everyone think Trump is going to summon the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Yes, he is a grotesque character on many levels. But he surrounded himself with people who got the job done for him. If he has the ability to surround himself with similarly smart folk to run America - he could yet be a very good President.

If he doesn't, he will lose the House and the Senate by 2018 and be a one-term dud.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    JackW said:

Good Morning PBers ....

Well it has had a good run but in the present wave of nationalism and anti globalisation even the Arse must be finding it difficult to catch up!
  • Options
    Has Britain dodged a bullet by Cameron resigning after (but not because) he called Trump divisive, stupid and wrong?
  • Options
    and Paddy already paid out on Clinton. LOL.
  • Options
    Well, unless you're a Trumper, in which case it's party time.
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019

I suppose a British hedge fund could pay for a woman to go to America and launch a case in an American court to overturn the result.

:lol:
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited November 2016

Well done Plato.

What also surprised me was being repeatedly told between midnight and 1.30am that 'it is over' in favour of Clinton.

Nate is completely vindicated.

He was basically right (25-33% chance of a trump victory) - and for the right reasons (polling MOE/ uncertainty) - although the LA times episode wasn't his finest hour.

That black Trump voter in Ohio was pretty much the story of the election.

An inconvenient truth.
  • Options
    Latest:

Trump 47.9%
    Clinton 47.3%

http://edition.cnn.com/
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Worth standing back - Trump has done it by winning three large states all by just 1%:

FL
    PA
    MI

Switch those three and Clinton wins 298-240.

So what? And Florida wasn't 1%.
  • Options
    I see the three talking heads on the bbc are all vermently anti-trump.
  • Options

Has Britain dodged a bullet by Cameron resigning after (but not because) he called Trump divisive, stupid and wrong?

We still had that stupid debate in the Commons.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Charles said:

Or the ones she threw.

WEll if that was the case it was wrong , but she received torents of abuse and has been vindicated so still stands that it was very nasty and just because some people did not like to hear her opinion. Sadly it is not an unknown phenomena on here if you are not following the herd.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Good Morning PBers ....

I congratulate your ARSE on a fine job in the past but for Trump your ARSE gave a loud Fart of empty air. Good luck on your ARSE's retirement.

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    AndyJS said:

I have gone in to try and salvage something from this election.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045

I expect most people in THIS country are...
  • Options

They are probably reflecting most of this country.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    What a thoroughly interesting night. 2016 delivers a shock result again.

Where does this leave the UK in terms of Brexit? Assuming Trump is favourable to us, could be a positive thing. I'm sure Europes answer to this as well will be the catastrophic "more Europe" mantra.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

RobD said:

I saw mention that two others wanted to retire - guess they won't be now. Trump IIRC published a list of potential candidates a few weeks ago.
    Well done Plato. I am not a big better but I did put £50 on Trump well before he won the nomination, a very small consolation. I freely confess I had written it off believing the polls and the media while you kept pointing out the strength of the other voices who were not being heard. And in the end the voices that are not heard prevailed.
  • Options
    RobD said:

and Paddy already paid out on Clinton. LOL.
    Paddy's Clinton payouts will have cost them peanuts compared to the publicity. I stand to be corrected by shadsy but generally the big (can we not say huge any more?) odds-on punters step in late, not months in advance.
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

Good morning everyone. I am in the emotionally conflicted position of having won nearly £80K at Betfair on what I consider to be the most abhorrent major election result in the western world in my lifetime - the election in the US, with mass support, of a billionaire fascist demagogue who models his presentation on Hitler.

CUCKOO
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 910
    Tom Lehrer is supposed to have said when Henry Kissinger won the Nobel peace prize "Satire is Dead" Is Politics now also dead?
  • Options
    murali_s said:

I expect most people in THIS country are...
    Perhaps, but it doesn't inform the viewer. Luckily Andrew Neal is very good.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    Amazingly, the Italian stock market is up this morning, while US futures point to down 5%.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

I didn't join in the avalanche of abuse because I don't have a monopoly of marbles myself. I also believe Trump won't be as bad as many think. The Mexican wall was clearly an exaggeration and I suspect he'll tone down a lot of the rhetoric now - because that's all it was.

I wish America well.

I was really taken with Scott Adams many months ago - he crystallised what I was thinking on several levels.

For anyone interested - he's just done an intv that some may find interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-sBO6OppAc
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    LOL! How much have Paddy Power lost, paying out on Clinton early and now on Trump?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    The final IBD/TIPP poll gave Trump a 2 point lead. He is almost certainly not going to have that.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    malcolmg said:

Dromedary said:

CUCKOO
    You'll have to explain that one to me, Malcolm!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    But let's not forget today's important news - England are 199/3 and it's not even Tea time yet!
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Dromedary said:

CUCKOO
    Cuckoo? His thoughts sound about right to me. I have relatives in the US (New York, Florida) who are shitting themselves right now. I'm just glad that my mum's Jamaican parents made the choice to come here in the 1950s, rather than America.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Charles said:

Or the ones she threw.

WEll if that was the case it was wrong , but she received torents of abuse and has been vindicated so still stands that it was very nasty and just because some people did not like to hear her opinion. Sadly it is not an unknown phenomena on here if you are not following the herd.
    I agree about some of the abuse. My point is that it was hardly all one-way.

And I know all about your last sentence I'm pro-HS2. ;)
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

So was the election rigged or not?

#confused

• Options

No. Because politicians are slippery and although awkward in the light of events they can play stuff like that off, call it playing to the home crowd, that sort of thing.
  • Options
    John Harris videos from US months ago picked this up ... again...like Tory GE & Brexit.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    JackW said:

Good Morning PBers ....

Perhaps no ARSE, but do drop by from time to time please.
  • Options

#confused

Not rigged enough, like the EU ref!
  • Options
    Mr. L, on flipping states: Sanders came damned close to winning far more early states than he did. Had he done so, he may well have been Trump's opponent.

And Clinton goes down in history as the worst loser in US political history.
  • Options

#confused

Yes, otherwise trump would have won every state ;-)
  • Options
    Pong said:

Well done Plato.

What also surprised me was being repeatedly told between midnight and 1.30am that 'it is over' in favour of Clinton.

Nate is completely vindicated.

He was basically right (25-33% chance of a trump victory) - and for the right reasons (polling MOE/ uncertainty) - although the LA times episode wasn't his finest hour.

That black Trump voter in Ohio was pretty much the story of the election.

An inconvenient truth.
    Nah he's a berk. Even at 5 am he was still predicting better than evens for a Clinton win. He's an idiot.

Trump was always likeliest to win this vote as some of us pointed out.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113

Just been said that the Paris climate change deal is dead as a result of Trump's Presidency. This election has to have been the left's ultimate demise

The survival of life on Earth is a left/right issue, is it? Who knew?
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited November 2016

JackW said:

Good Morning PBers ....

Perhaps no ARSE, but do drop by from time to time please.
    +1

JackW is one of the few conservative (?) commentators on here whose posts I read with avid interest.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    PlatoSaid said:

CD13 said:

I wish America well.

I was really taken with Scott Adams many months ago - he crystallised what I was thinking on several levels.

For anyone interested - he's just done an intv that some may find interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-sBO6OppAc
    His (non comedy) book on How to Win Big is worth watching.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

But let's not forget today's important news - England are 199/3 and it's not even Tea time yet!

ROoooooooooooooooooot...
  • Options

The survival of life on Earth is a left/right issue, is it? Who knew?
    Global warming is threatening to end all life on earth?
  • Options
    Seeing those silly virtual fireworks on the BBC reminds me that Clinton cancelled hers. You always wonder what is going on inside the campaigns and when she first concluded that she was in serious trouble. I suspect it was sooner than we realised. Bit like some of the constituencies that Milband was visiting in the last few days of 2015.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Well the world just became a more dangerous place and I can see that he will be such a divisive figure in America there will be millions who will be producing a my god what have we done reaction.

The damage he is going to do to that country, one founded by immigrants and later multiculturalism is going to be huge.
  • Options
    Trump will have trouble with his plans mind:

"His day one reforms include a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of congress and a five-year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service." [Telegraph]

Congress gonna vote for that?
  • Options
    Mr. W, I hope you know that we don't just love your ARSE, and that, even if that's gone, you'll still be around.
  • Options
    Those who went all out and bet on a Clinton presidency must be mourning their losses this morning.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

Swagger into the White House and say 'you're fired', Apprentice-style, to Obama.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited November 2016
    And I never thought I'd see the day when a video from vladtv is posted on PB!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

What a thoroughly interesting night. 2016 delivers a shock result again.

Where does this leave the UK in terms of Brexit? Assuming Trump is favourable to us, could be a positive thing. I'm sure Europes answer to this as well will be the catastrophic "more Europe" mantra.

It may be the end of the free trade era. Rising rather than falling tarrifs
  • Options

Trump will have trouble with his plans mind:

"His day one reforms include a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of congress and a five-year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service." [Telegraph]

Congress gonna vote for that?

Will be hugely popular in the country.
This discussion has been closed.