Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Your timetable for this historic day

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    JonathanD said:

Sandpit said:

They're going to save money by having so much discussion about rules of operation, deployment and engagement, that the troops never leave their barracks.

Who is going to sign up to die for J-C Drunker anyway?

If the EU army is protecting the southern border of the EU I think quite a lot of people would think that was a job worth doing.
    I'd assume plenty of Eastern Europeans would be happy to sign up to a army protecting their borders with Russia as well.
    Borders? How quaint and 20th century. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/national-borders-are-the-worst-invention-ever-says-ec-chief-jean-claude-juncker-a7204006.html
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Sandpit said:

TonyE said:

Pulpstar said:

PlatoSaid said:
    Depressing thing there is that Hillary's tweets are mostly about Trump. She knows what the big voter motivation is, but it'd be nice if someone was voting FOR her.

So we get to voting day, watched all the debates and I still have f##k all clue what Clinton's policies are...other than "I'm not Trump".

Aye, massive lack of policies from Clinton - I think Trump has had alot more tbh.
    Clinton has lots of detailed policy, but it's mostly small-bore stuff, it doesn't stick in the memory. In contrast Trump has lots of bold, grand policy ideas, but they're mostly epically retarded.
    His most famous is probably build a wall as it has had the most derision, is actually the least dangerous / least stupid...which is kinda of saying something. As a) there is already a wall of sorts there and b) although it won't stop a lot of illegal immigration, it probably make smuggling a bit harder and c) the worst that happens he spends a load of money on a big shiny wall that employs a load of people to build it and charges tolls on those entering from Mexico.

In comparison, all the protectionist stuff will cost lots of jobs, the anti-NATO could result in nations deciding to build their own nuclear weapons, etc etc etc...
    He is right about one thing though - Europe should start to pay for its own defence (as the UK has). Americans should not be putting their tax dollars into protecting Europe so that Europeans can have a more generous welfare system or spend their money on other grand schemes. Had Germany had to pay its own way in this respect after WW2 for example, I think we would be looking at a very different economic picture in the post war decades. It would have reduced their 'miracle' significantly.
    This was discussed by European countries, and the proposal is for an EU Army - spending extra money on another layer or two of brass hats overseeing the declining military capability.
    Amazingly the EU is pushing their army as a way of saving money. I guess they expect lower spending.
    Cheapes option. Let the Russkies in and have done with it. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/national-borders-are-the-worst-invention-ever-says-ec-chief-jean-claude-juncker-a7204006.html
This discussion has been closed.