Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Your timetable for this historic day

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    Alistair said:

Fucking hell, the bulk of their pre-vote sample is landline polling.

Should you be turning the air blue before 7pm? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,140

Brexiteers are not obese. We're lean and mean due to constant dancing and waving one's wiffle stick

First time I've heard it called that.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

I see that Toblerone has been added to the list of anti-Brexit foodstuffs. And them being all Swiss and whatnot, it's a disgrace.

Toblerone makes me sick (literally) :sick:
    I'm a heretic because I actually welcome this change. I always scrape the roof of my mouth on the tip of the triangle when I try to bite a chunk off.
    Me too! This has always been a design flaw for everyone, surely?
    You're eating it wrong if you're trying to bite a chunk off the bar. Push the top of the triangle towards the top of the next triangle and the torque will cause the base to snap, leaving you one triangle to eat.
    Really? This place is great....
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    A week after Richmond Park then.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144

Brexiteers are not obese. We're lean and mean due to constant dancing and waving one's wiffle stick (if you don't have a wiffle stick, ask a friend if you can use theirs).

I would ask for a go on your wiffle stick, Mr Dancer, but I'm not sure people on the net who have never met count as friends?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,431
    Pulpstar said:

Sleaford and North Hykeham by election on December 8th.

LibDem gain?
    If the Lib Dems gain Sleaford I will give up puns for a decade.
    The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one they said.

I'd put the Lib Dems chances in Sleaford longer though.
    Mars Central - UKIP gain.
  • Options

Brexiteers are not obese. We're lean and mean due to constant dancing and waving one's wiffle stick (if you don't have a wiffle stick, ask a friend if you can use theirs).

I'm afraid on this occasion your assertion can be disproved:

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/06/30/the-weight-of-brexit-leave-vote-is-higher-in-areas-of-higher-obesity/

It appears that Britain was led out of the EU under the banner of Fatties For Freedom.
    As compared to slap heads for Europa?
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

JackW said:

US conservative site "RedState" contributors give their predictions. Look away now Trumpsters :

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/11/08/redstate-editors-contributors-election-predictions/

Wouldn't be the first time commentators called it wrong en masse...

I remember even Boris and Nigel Farage said they'd lost the referendum at 10pm on 23rd June...
    These things are notable because they are very rare.
    My favourite is http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/chi-chicagodays-deweydefeats-story-story.html
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,505

Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

I see that Toblerone has been added to the list of anti-Brexit foodstuffs. And them being all Swiss and whatnot, it's a disgrace.

I'm a heretic because I actually welcome this change. I always scrape the roof of my mouth on the tip of the triangle when I try to bite a chunk off.
    You're eating it wrong if you're trying to bite a chunk off the bar. Push the top of the triangle towards the top of the next triangle and the torque will cause the base to snap, leaving you one triangle to eat.
    I'm frankly astonished that anyone ever attempted to eat Toblerones the way Alastair described.
    In our local poundshop you can get massive Toblerones for, er, £1. I'm not surprised they're having to make adjustments at that price.
  • Options

Huge swing to T R U M P in the first New Hampshire declarations !

Millsfield reported Trump 16 and Hillary 4. Dixville reported Hillary 4 and Trump 2. Hart's reported Clinton 17 and Trump 14. So overall it's Trump 32 and Hillary 25.

In 2012, these three little townships voted Obama 28/14, so T R U M P is doing really well with a huge swing to him so far !

It's all over. We can have an early night....
  • Options
    Mr. Chris, wiffle sticks pave the way to victory.

Mr. Meeks, as those who attended the Ilkley gathering can confirm, Morris Dancer cannot possibly described as remotely fat.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

I'm frankly astonished that anyone ever attempted to eat Toblerones the way Alastair described.
    In our local poundshop you can get massive Toblerones for, er, £1. I'm not surprised they're having to make adjustments at that price.
    I'm a gannet, I admit it.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,790
    Pong said:

I think, if there is significant differential turnout and the PV swings decisively one way or the other, the map could spring some surprises;

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/clinton-trump-vote-maps-2016/

Things could get interesting in texas if the polls are flaky.

I've been punting on Clinton there at between 14-20/1

Also on Trump in Michigan, Wisconsin & Minnesota at 4/1+

There has been a lot of talk about Hispanics being fired up to vote in this election, when they have been lackadaisical in the past. The problem they have in terms of making a difference is that they are massively concentrated in solidly Democrat California and solidly Republican Texas. Their vote makes the first even more Democrat and the second somewhat less Republican.

But as nearly 40% of the Texan population, Hispanics really could put Texas into play, particularly as that state is becoming more diverse for other reasons. My guess is that it won't happen this time, but unless the Republicans change tack, it will sooner or later. With Texas in the Democrat basket along with all the other big states, that would radically change the political landscape in the US. There are some senior Republicans who are very conscious of this.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    AndyJS said:

If we keep having safe Tory hold by elections then maybe MarkSenior will stop bleating on about LD victories in 'parish' council elections...
  • Options
    Mr. Mark, it's entirely possible to be friends with someone you haven't met in person.

That said, unless you're local then it can't be done. I could not possibly be separated from my wiffle stick for a prolonged period.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Andrew said:

nunu said:

North Carolina is a strange one. Black voting is down 8% but that is not replicated elsewhere in the south, indeed whilst 50,000 fewer have voted in NC in Florida 70,000 more have voted up from the record turnout with Obama. I know there was targeted voter suppression but even that doesn't explain all of it because even during Sunday voting souls to the polls was lackluster when it was good in Georgia and Florida. Even in Louisiana black voting is up 30,000! My hunch is there has been systematic purging of Black voters.

If there is evidence of this today could a judge call a halt to voting and throw a spanner in the works ?

If that was the case, surely the Democrats would be flinging sueballs left, right and centre already, and making a giant national thing of it. Even if only borderline justified, that'd be useful to get media attention, and get the vote out.
    But how would they or the voter know they have been purged? The voter could vote thinking everything is fine and dandy but their vote isn't counted.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

JackW said:

US conservative site "RedState" contributors give their predictions. Look away now Trumpsters :

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/11/08/redstate-editors-contributors-election-predictions/

A lot of those predictions don't make sense: the popular vote and electoral votes don't match up.
    They are not as clued up as people on here about the exact numbers, because they are not allowed to bet on them. There's nothing like a financial interest in the matter to sharpen one's mind.
  • Options
    My final forecast: I'm reasonably confident that Hillary will win all of Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. I think she'll probably win Florida. North Carolina and Ohio will be close and could go either way; if pushed I think I'd still put NC just in the Hillary column, but OH looks more likely to go Trumpwards. Trump to win Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Utah and Texas.

So my central prediction is Clinton 322, 323 or 324, depending on NE2 and ME2, both of which could go either way, with my second choice 15 down (NC) on those figures.

As far as betting is concerned, I make good money from about 280 to about 357. If it's outside that range I'm still in net profit down to 250 or up to 375. I start losing shirts fairly rapidly as Clinton falls below 250 or reaches above 375.

Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ''But as nearly 40% of the Texan population, Hispanics really could put Texas into play, particularly as that state is becoming more diverse for other reasons.''

And now we have come to what elections in democracies are all about nowadays.

A racial numbers game.

How is that ever, ever going to be a recipe for anything other than division, decay, conflict and, eventually, collapse?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,001

Millsfield reported Trump 16 and Hillary 4. Dixville reported Hillary 4 and Trump 2. Hart's reported Clinton 17 and Trump 14. So overall it's Trump 32 and Hillary 25.

In 2012, these three little townships voted Obama 28/14, so T R U M P is doing really well with a huge swing to him so far !

It's all over. We can have an early night....
    28-14 is wrong.

Thus far:

Obama: 33 votes
    Romney 30

2016:

Trump: 32
    Clinton: 25
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

If we keep having safe Tory hold by elections then maybe MarkSenior will stop bleating on about LD victories in 'parish' council elections...
    Do you know what a Parish council election is?
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    taffys said:

''But as nearly 40% of the Texan population, Hispanics really could put Texas into play, particularly as that state is becoming more diverse for other reasons.''

A racial numbers game.

How is that ever, ever going to be a recipe for anything other than division, decay, conflict and, eventually, collapse?

Why would the Hispanics vote for a racist candidate?

• Options

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/06/30/the-weight-of-brexit-leave-vote-is-higher-in-areas-of-higher-obesity/

It appears that Britain was led out of the EU under the banner of Fatties For Freedom.
    Mebbe. But we are far happier. On so many levels.....
  • Options
    taffys said:

A racial numbers game.

When parties stop seeking to play one race against another for partisan advantage and appeal beyond those grounds. Both parties there have been guilty of it.
  • Options
    It wouldn't completely surprise me to see Donald Trump win Ohio quite comfortably but lose Arizona and/or Georgia.

That said, I've bought the Democrats in Ohio on SPIN. I'm pondering doing the same in Georgia.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Prediction: Trump will do better in areas with higher levels of obesity.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Pong said:

I think, if there is significant differential turnout and the PV swings decisively one way or the other, the map could spring some surprises;

There has been a lot of talk about Hispanics being fired up to vote in this election, when they have been lackadaisical in the past. The problem they have in terms of making a difference is that they are massively concentrated in solidly Democrat California and solidly Republican Texas. Their vote makes the first even more Democrat and the second somewhat less Republican.

But as nearly 40% of the Texan population, Hispanics really could put Texas into play, particularly as that state is becoming more diverse for other reasons. My guess is that it won't happen this time, but unless the Republicans change tack, it will sooner or later. With Texas in the Democrat basket along with all the other big states, that would radically change the political landscape in the US. There are some senior Republicans who are very conscious of this.
    The thing with Texas is, the normal Republican vote could decide to not bother voting as it is a safe area for them, and the huge influx of Hispanic votes could ( unlikely as it is) make a difference.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    Sandpit said:

Votecastr show will be live at the following link - until YouTube get told to shut it down.
    ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBwGlqrP1-E

And sure enough, it looks rather stillborn so far. YouTube link has disappeared and the Slate link is just a story about their innovative idea.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    GIN1138 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

Sean_F said:

IBD's final poll has Trump +2% on the 4 way split, -1% on the 2 way split.

What's the point of doing a 2 way split at this stage?
    People say they'll vote for Jill Stein.

They won't.
    I saw a piece last night with a millennial who is staunch Bernie and voting for Trump. Worth a looksee for another perspective re the thinking going on in this group

FFW to 43:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFnyjBEPio8
    Morning Plato!

Is your man going to defy the odds and pull it off?
    I think it's really close and he's in with a real chance. I think the polling is very mixed. There's a big range - will LA Times/IBD or ABC/Fox prevail?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

That's a very smart point:

http://www.livescience.com/50973-obesity-rates-full-rankings.html
  • Options

Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

Do you know what a Parish council election is?
    Yes.

What us nasty but witty PBTories call local council by elections.

Do you know what a joke or an inverted comma is?
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194

A closer look at the voting shows that Trump did well in Dixville but awfully badly in Notch.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    PlatoSaid said:

GIN1138 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

Sean_F said:

They won't.
    I saw a piece last night with a millennial who is staunch Bernie and voting for Trump. Worth a looksee for another perspective re the thinking going on in this group

Morning Plato!

I think it's really close and he's in with a real chance. I think the polling is very mixed. There's a big range - will LA Times/IBD or ABC/Fox prevail?
    EQUIVOCATION ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Teenage opener Haseeb Hameed will make his England debut against India in the opening Test in Rajkot on Wednesday. Lancashire opening batsman Hameed, 19, will become only the second teenager to play Test cricket for England since 1949.

Hameed 1,129 runs at an average of 52 in County Championship Division One this summer.

Sink or swim?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

There is no official Conservative party candidate in Richmond. The Prime Minister ran away from the contest.
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,780
    AndyJS said:

Fat chance.
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,736

It wouldn't completely surprise me to see Donald Trump win Ohio quite comfortably but lose Arizona and/or Georgia.

That said, I've bought the Democrats in Ohio on SPIN. I'm pondering doing the same in Georgia.

There is a bit of me that wonders about Trump changing the map more than we expect (in both directions) and winning Ohio, (Florida), Michigan, Pennsylvania and potentially even Wisconsin - but missing out on North Carolina, Arizona, and potentially even Georgia
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

Thanks for the tip - but that also gets chocolate all over your hands (if you're me, anyway)...
    Yeah depends on the temperature doesn't it? Too cold and it will potentially be too rigid to snap, too warm and it will melt on your hands. Someone should go on Dragon's Den with a solution to this, like those Polish guys who invented a mixer tap.
  • Options

Teenage opener Haseeb Hameed will make his England debut against India in the opening Test in Rajkot on Wednesday. Lancashire opening batsman Hameed, 19, will become only the second teenager to play Test cricket for England since 1949.

Hameed 1,129 runs at an average of 52 in County Championship Division One this summer.

Sink or swim?

A debut away in India is truly a baptism of fire.
  • Options

I referenced this on PB the other day (Alastair wasn't around), but I couldn't find the link. Despite the flaming I received from the PB Leavers that it was simply a correlation with income, I said I recalled that the researchers had controlled for this (and other factors). It seemed that I recalled correctly – thanks to Mr Meeks for reposting – and a big fat raspberry to the PB Leavers!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Sink or swim?

Depends whether he stays up all night watching the US selection coverage I guess!

Good luck to the boy, will be a baptism of fire in India.
    Edit: great minds, Mr @Pulpstar.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    AndyJS said:

Fat chance .....

Edit - Beaten by @stjohn .... Oh the ignominy .... :confounded:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    JackW said:

Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

There is no official Conservative party candidate in Richmond. The Prime Minister ran away from the contest.
    Of all people Mr W, I didn't expect you to miss the < joke> tags....
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Sink or swim?

Joe Root and Cook himself both made their debuts in India.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Sink or swim?

Haseeb will need balls of steel here. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

Where is Plato btw ..... has she taken her bat home, as we southerners say when in Yorkshire?

I'm watching/digesting as much of these last few hours as possible re voting. I've found much of the PB discussion rather yaa-boo and scrolled by it.

Re Florida - just seen a comment about EV, the polling places were only in urban areas - today the rest are open. There's so many factors in play and I still fear some PBers are taking headline polling stats and not looking at the samples.

The last Fox one had 24% of conservative voters going for Hillary IIRC. Do we think that's likely? I don't.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

Strange how pb Tories dismiss "parish" council elections then suddenly because Conservatives won 2 in Scotland last week some were claiming sweeping gains to come for the Conservatives in Scotland
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    JackW said:

AndyJS said:

Fat chance .....
    Make America grate cheese again!
  • Options

Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

Strange how pb Tories dismiss "parish" council elections then suddenly because Conservatives won 2 in Scotland last week some were claiming sweeping gains to come for the Conservatives in Scotland
    Just the young fogey Mortimer patting himself on the back for his rapier wit.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Where is Plato btw ..... has she taken her bat home, as we southerners say when in Yorkshire?

I'm watching/digesting as much of these last few hours as possible re voting. I've found much of the PB discussion rather yaa-boo and scrolled by it.

Re Florida - just seen a comment about EV, the polling places were only in urban areas - today the rest are open. There's so many factors in play and I still fear some PBers are taking headline polling stats and not looking at the samples.

The last Fox one had 24% of conservative voters going for Hillary IIRC. Do we think that's likely? I don't.

Any chance of an ECV forecast @PlatoSaid?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,713
    The Dems will win Texas next time if they have a Latino Texan as their candidate. The GOP could counter by having a Californian as their candidate, and gain California.

You heard it here first....

...if you haven't watched The West Wing!
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

A closer look at the voting shows that Trump did well in Dixville but awfully badly in Notch.
    Oh natch, surely not in Notch?
  • Options

My final forecast: I'm reasonably confident that Hillary will win all of Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. I think she'll probably win Florida. North Carolina and Ohio will be close and could go either way; if pushed I think I'd still put NC just in the Hillary column, but OH looks more likely to go Trumpwards. Trump to win Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Utah and Texas.

So my central prediction is Clinton 322, 323 or 324, depending on NE2 and ME2, both of which could go either way, with my second choice 15 down (NC) on those figures.

As far as betting is concerned, I make good money from about 280 to about 357. If it's outside that range I'm still in net profit down to 250 or up to 375. I start losing shirts fairly rapidly as Clinton falls below 250 or reaches above 375.

Fingers crossed!

My forecast is exactly the same as yours except Clinton has Ohio (plus ME2 but not NE2). So 323+18=341.
  • Options

JackW said:

AndyJS said:

Fat chance .....
    :smiley:
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited November 2016
    FF43 said:

Pong said:

Indeed. Approx figures from wiki;

1992 GOP +3.5%
    1996 GOP +5%
    2000 GOP + 21%
    2004 GOP +23%
    2008 GOP +12%
    2012 GOP +16%
    2016 GOP +5% ????

The rough betting logic I'll be using is;

If there are signs of a substantial Clinton overperformance vs. the polls in Georgia, SC & FL then lump on texas. It could actually go blue.

• Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    O/T

I've a query for any financiers out there

I had an Irish pension bond fora number of years and want to transfer to a UK SIPP. I've tried IFA's and done a hell of a lot of research online but can't find anyone to offer advice. I'm willing to pay.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can get real advice.

Thanks
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

I referenced this on PB the other day (Alastair wasn't around), but I couldn't find the link. Despite the flaming I received from the PB Leavers that it was simply a correlation with income, I said I recalled that the researchers had controlled for this (and other factors). It seemed that I recalled correctly – thanks to Mr Meeks for reposting – and a big fat raspberry to the PB Leavers!!!!!
    Fat dads live longer.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/31/chubby-older-fathers-are-more-attractive-to-women-and-live-longe/
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    PlatoSaid said:

GIN1138 said:

PlatoSaid said:

Pulpstar said:

Charles said:

Sean_F said:

They won't.

Morning Plato!

We'll see what happens!

Give your pussies my regards. :)
  • Options

Fingers crossed!

My forecast is exactly the same as yours except Clinton has Ohio (plus ME2 but not NE2). So 323+18=341.
    I have Clinton 339. She wins: FL, Georgia, Michigan, NV, NC, Penn, NH.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ''The Dems will win Texas next time if they have a Latino Texan as their candidate. The GOP could counter by having a Californian as their candidate, and gain California.''

If Hillary wins, the repubs could field mother theresa next time and they still wouldn't win either California or Texas.

Look at how the pollsters count. These are identity elections. Identity is all. Demographics are on the democrats' side.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261
    edited November 2016
    Mortimer said:

What us nasty but witty PBTories call local council by elections.

For once you're only half wrong.
  • Options
    Votecastr data stream launch put back to 8am ET (13:00GMT I think, an hour from now).
  • Options

The Dems will win Texas next time if they have a Latino Texan as their candidate. The GOP could counter by having a Californian as their candidate, and gain California.

You heard it here first....

...if you haven't watched The West Wing!

Ha! Didn't help Paul Ryan in WI
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,548
    What a useful outline from Harry.

My reading is that Clinton will win but much tighter than anticipated - I'd love Jack's ARSE to be pouring out in the right area but think it's optimistic. Think we could be waiting for Colorado and Nevada to be sure.

290-250 or so?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited November 2016
    Blue_rog said:

O/T

I had an Irish pension bond fora number of years and want to transfer to a UK SIPP. I've tried IFA's and done a hell of a lot of research online but can't find anyone to offer advice. I'm willing to pay.

Thanks

Have you tried Hargreaves Lansdown (paid advice service)?
  • Options
    taffys said:

''The Dems will win Texas next time if they have a Latino Texan as their candidate. The GOP could counter by having a Californian as their candidate, and gain California.''

If Hillary wins, the repubs could field mother theresa next time and they still wouldn't win either California or Texas.

Look at how the pollsters count. These are identity elections. Identity is all. Demographics are on the democrats' side.

That's the GOP's fault. Especially Trump's! His whole campaign is powered by Racism
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Mortimer said:

AndyJS said:

Just the young fogey Mortimer patting himself on the back for his rapier wit.
    So sharp that only other PBTories seem to get it....
  • Options
    Pong said:

FF43 said:

Pong said:

Indeed. Approx figures from wiki;

1992 GOP +3.5%
    1996 GOP +5%
    2000 GOP + 21%
    2004 GOP +23%
    2008 GOP +12%
    2012 GOP +16%
    2016 GOP +5% ????

The rough betting logic I'll be using is;

If there are signs of a substantial Clinton overperformance vs. the polls in Georgia, SC & FL then lump on texas. It could actually go blue.

*Clutches betting slip on Texas going blue at 16/1*
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019

Blue_rog said:

O/T

Thanks

Have you tried Hargreaves Lansdown (paid advice service)?
    Yes, they're not interested in Euro denominated bonds
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574

Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

but when I do that, I end up with chocolatey hands and the toberlone about 6 feet away on the floor.
  • Options
    David Drucker of the "Washington Examiner" explores concerns from GOP insiders that their GOTV operation is falling short :

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gop-insiders-worried-partys-turnout-effort-will-fall-short/article/2606748
  • Options

JackW said:

AndyJS said:

Fat chance .....
    And it aint none of that surrender monkey sheeyit neither.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cheese
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Has Romney come out to endorse McMullin yet?
  • Options
    stjohn said:

AndyJS said:

Fat chance.
    :smile:
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Not yet.

Just dawned on me, the only living Republican ex Presidents and the last GOP nominee are all not likely to vote for Trump.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Not yet.

Just dawned on me, the only living Republican ex Presidents and the last GOP nominee are all not likely to vote for Trump.
    The only living past Republican nominee to have backed Donald Trump is Bob Dole.
  • Options
    tpfkar said:

My reading is that Clinton will win but much tighter than anticipated - I'd love Jack's ARSE to be pouring out in the right area but think it's optimistic. Think we could be waiting for Colorado and Nevada to be sure.

290-250 or so?

ARSE4US is optimistic because it is correct now and historically. ARSE4US denial will not be tolerated .... :naughty:

Nevada is done and the GOP Colorado early vote lead is well down on 2012 when Obama went on to win by 6 points.

Two Clinton Holds.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Votecastr data stream launch put back to 8am ET (13:00GMT I think, an hour from now).

... will it be put back to 5PM?
  • Options
    Trump has improved slightly today to 4/1 with Betfair Exchange:

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.107373419
  • Options

Alistair said:

Not yet.

The only living past Republican nominee to have backed Donald Trump is Bob Dole.
    Blimey, so that 24% of Republicans going to vote for Hillary does look plausible
  • Options
    Mitt Romney and Bernie Sanders ahead of Jill Stein at this point.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Not yet.

At the ballot box they might (thinking of the Bushs).
  • Options
    Got a horrible feeling my bank account is going to get its arse kicked tonight.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    MrsB said:

Mortimer said:

GIN1138 said:

but when I do that, I end up with chocolatey hands and the toberlone about 6 feet away on the floor.
    That feeling of a toblerone triangle holding firm against the top of your mouth is up there with a madeleine in bringing back childhood memories.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618
    This votecastr thing is a bit of a damp squib.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Tomorrow ....
  • Options

Alistair said:

Not yet.

At the ballot box they might (thinking of the Bushs).
    I thought 41 had said he was voting Hillary*, whilst 43 was said by his nephew he wouldn't vote for Trump, because of a lot of things, but especially the way he mocked Jeb.

*Well he told a Kennedy, and hasn't denied it
  • Options

What's your biggest position?
  • Options

What are you exposed to ?
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

The Notch is turning into a ghost town though.... Maybe no-one wants to live in the glare of the world's spotlight once every four years.
  • Options

Chin up Mr Royale, just think how lucky you are for avoiding the spread market… :lol:
  • Options
    JackW said:

tpfkar said:

290-250 or so?

ARSE4US is optimistic because it is correct now and historically. ARSE4US denial will not be tolerated .... :naughty:

Nevada is done and the GOP Colorado early vote lead is well down on 2012 when Obama went on to win by 6 points.

Two Clinton Holds.
    You called Florida wrong last time. This time that could be crucial.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    MaxPB said:

This votecastr thing is a bit of a damp squib.

where are you watching it?
This discussion has been closed.