Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It’s time to take a Trump presidency seriously – it could h

SystemSystem Posts: 11,713
edited September 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It’s time to take a Trump presidency seriously – it could happen

Whether you call it a stumble, collapse or storm in a teacup, Clinton’s apparent fainting as she left this weekend’s 9/11 memorial service reminds us that her victory in November is far from certain.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,930
    edited September 2016
    I said on here in March 2015 that Trump could be the next POTUS! :open_mouth:

At the time everybody laughed at me... Well... ;)
  • Options
    The most interesting thing to come out of this event is that Trump is now clearly actually listening to campaign advice: he has (so far) remained silent.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,020
    Third!
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Will Hilary step down within a year of taking her oath?

Plenty of professionals will be trying to work out if the pneumonia explanation matches the footage.
  • Options
    There's a lot of speculation that her blue tinted sunglasses could be for a medical reason. They have been used to control seizures and symptoms of Parkinson's.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Clinton's sunglasses looked like something you would find in a 99p store. Noone would wear such glasses out of choice unless they were anti-seizure lenses for epilepsy.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Plenty of professionals will be trying to work out if the pneumonia explanation matches the footage.

Collapsing is perfectly possible with Pneumonia if you don't rest (at it's worst Pneumonia can be fatal)

I don't doubt she's got Pneumonia but the real issue is whether there's a condition underlying the Pneumonia.

She's known to have had a persistent cough for several weeks (possibly months) so her doctors (if they haven't already) should certainly be doing investigations to see whether there's a respiratory problem underlying this.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited September 2016

There's a lot of speculation that her blue tinted sunglasses could be for a medical reason. They have been used to control seizures and symptoms of Parkinson's.

They certainly stood out on a cloudy day where nobody else was wearing shades, when even the men in the black weren't wearing them.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    MP_SE said:

Clinton's sunglasses looked like something you would find in a 99p store. Noone would wear such glasses out of choice unless they were anti-seizure lenses for epilepsy.

They look really odd John Lennon style and out of place.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

It would make sense that if there is a photosensitive reaction, it might be triggered by being at an event which involves looking up at a glass skyscraper.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    dr_spyn said:

Lets judge for ourselves, this is Hillary on the night she was supposedly diagnosed with pneumonia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCHJVE9trSM

And this Hillary 2 days before she was diagnosed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC373ASBXs8
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

The video footage seems to me to be consistent with Parkinson's.
  • Options
    Stars and Stripes
    MSM journos thinking: "We just have to get her elected. If she then becomes incapacitated or kicks the bucket, Tim Kaine can take over."
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Bloody hell, I never knew there were so many medical experts on PB.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    I would hope that someone in government is putting together a contingency plan that can be put into effect quickly. A potentially isolationist USA isn't too much of a concern, apart from having to beef up defences in the Baltics, for example, but one that exhibits the far right populism of Trump whilst also seeking to affect world affairs is an existential threat.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,976
    Good summary Kieran - this has to be the biggest political year in living memory. The same forces of disquiet that drove the Brexit vote will be behind Trump too, and now his opponent is knocked down and the referee is counting...
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,074
    MP_SE said:

May we be advised what you feel the best-dressed politician should be wearing this fall? I suggest earth colours and matching shoes, but I'd value your input.
  • Options

The most interesting thing to come out of this event is that Trump is now clearly actually listening to campaign advice: he has (so far) remained silent.

Yes, the only thing he's said all day on Twitter is "#NeverForget". Maybe his team have confiscated his phone?
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Stars and Stripes
    MSM journos thinking: "We just have to get her elected. If she then becomes incapacitated or kicks the bucket, Tim Kaine can take over."

Or impeached for a scandal, terrible way to govern a country, just ask Nixon and Ford in 1974.

The American government would be paralysed completely, no one would be sure if the president would be there the next day.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Mrs Clinton is next due to appear on the Ellen DeGeneres Show on Wednesday and attend a rally in las Vegas on the same day.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

Collapsing is perfectly possible with Pneumonia if you don't rest (at it's worst Pneumonia can be fatal)

I don't doubt she's got Pneumonia but the real issue is whether there's a condition underlying the Pneumonia.

She's known to have had a persistent cough for several weeks (possibly months) so her doctors (if they haven't already) should certainly be doing investigations to see whether there's a respiratory problem underlying this.
    Chemical pneumonia, I really am concerned that she's being poisoned, a persistent cough is one of the most obvious symptoms of it,. Trump and the alt right also appear to be so confudent that they ran with it well before any of the effects were becoming clearer.
  • Options
    Katherine Miller
    This was last week, a couple days before doctor diagnosis
    https://t.co/Sf0EaVflsy https://t.co/2YdwWDzPcP
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Not to me it doesn't!

• Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238

MP_SE said:

Bloody hell, I never knew there were so many medical experts on PB.
    When I read a post in a previous thread about "vasovagal syncope", I burst out laughing because I misread it and was thinking of another word.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Yes, the only thing he's said all day on Twitter is "#NeverForget". Maybe his team have confiscated his phone?
    True, it's the dog that isn't barking.

We are all speculating about Hillary's condition, and Trump isn't deflecting our attention.
  • Options
    It's not only the 24 hour media that makes it harder to be a part-time political leader in this day and age, but also the nature of the international system with its schedule of overseas summits and meetings. If Hillary's health is as bad as it appears, her Presidency would be like nothing we've seen for a century.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    PlatoSaid said:
    Seriously thats like me quoting Cenk from the young turks and saying that water buffalo isn't happy with Loser Donald.
  • Options
    Thrak said:

I would hope that someone in government is putting together a contingency plan that can be put into effect quickly. A potentially isolationist USA isn't too much of a concern, apart from having to beef up defences in the Baltics, for example, but one that exhibits the far right populism of Trump whilst also seeking to affect world affairs is an existential threat.

The contingency plan for a Trump presidency would be not invoking A50.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I see the media are now editing out claims of a mere stumble etc...It is clear from this zoomed in video Clinton was totally out of it.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPAmQMXDbA

* Not building up the conspiracy types, just stating that she was in bad shape.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Not to me it doesn't!

Care to offer a diagnosis Dr Fox in Ox? ;)
  • Options
    viewcode said:

MP_SE said:

May we be advised what you feel the best-dressed politician should be wearing this fall? I suggest earth colours and matching shoes, but I'd value your input.
    Wearing sunglasses suitable for formal events would have been advisable.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options

I see the media are now editing out claims of a mere stumble etc...It is clear from this zoomed in video Clinton was totally out of it.*

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPAmQMXDbA

* Not building up the conspiracy types, just stating that she was in bad shape.

Just got around to watching it. Blimey, she's out of it. reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbiWLcAbQY
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

Looks like a vaso-vagal to me. A faint in common parlance.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

Vaso,,, Ok, off to check Dr Google. Back in a sec...
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

If you are correct you have to wonder why Clinton's campaign has said that she is suffering from pneumonia.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

Right so she fainted. Could this connect to the cough? Could a coughing attack cause a faint?
  • Options
    "The weather was warm and humid in New York on Sunday, and there was a breeze during the ceremony, the Associated Press reports."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37332106

Its not what the various major meteorologic sites say the data showed. 50% Humidity is nothing of significance.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    The nomenclatura is finally waking up to the fact that Trump is still very much in the race and can WIN. LOL :D
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

But there's something weird about her movements. As if she's conscious but has lost control of motor function. It doesn't look like any faint I've seen.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    MP_SE said:

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

If you are correct you have to wonder why Clinton's campaign has said that she is suffering from pneumonia.
    Because they are beginning to PANIC!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Its clear that they aren't been straight about Clinton health, when stories constantly change / get rewritten you know you aren't been told the whole truth.

However, it could be something as she simple isn't super women at her age, needs to take time to rest and can't match the Trumpster's non-stop tornado, but they don't want to admit it. And attempting to do too much results in been taken ill.

Trump has already claimed she doesn't have the stamina for the job, they are hardly going to want to admit that Clinton needs 8hrs a night and an afternoon nap to get through the day.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
  • Options

"The weather was warm and humid in New York on Sunday, and there was a breeze during the ceremony, the Associated Press reports."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37332106

Its not what the various major meteorologic sites say the data showed. 50% Humidity is nothing of significance.

It was allegedly around 70F at 9:30 when the event started, it didn't hit 80F & humid until afternoon
  • Options

Not to me it doesn't!

Well, my mother died of Parkinson's, and I was her carer for 5 years.

What do I know, doctor?
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

Thrak said:

You are Tim Farron and I claim my five euros.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "France tracking 15,000 terror suspects, Prime Minister Manuel Valls warns
    'There will be new attacks, there will be innocent victims,' leader says"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-15000-terror-suspects-prime-minister-manuel-valls-isis-warning-latest-a7237231.html
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

Because it's something temporary. She suffers from it this week, but she's fine next week. Most of the rumours are of serious illnesses rather than temporary afflictions.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

But there's something weird about her movements. As if she's conscious but has lost control of motor function. It doesn't look like any faint I've seen.
    Hydraulic failure, or it could just be loose connectors .
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Whoa! Is this guy reliable as a source for that story? Why would they consider replacing someone who's a little under the weather this week, unless it's something much more serious underneath.

Maybe pneumonia is technically true but not wholly correct. Didn't Freddie Mercury die of pneumonia?
  • Options
    If she won't go of her own accord they'll be stuck with her, presumably? I'm not sure she'd pull out for anything less than death, and maybe not even then.
  • Options
    Essexit said:

Thrak said:

You are Tim Farron and I claim my five euros.
    Ha !
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited September 2016
    Speedy said:
    Why only the first answer?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

If you faint standing up, motor function goes. Lie the patient flat and elevate the legs, and they are back to normal within minutes.

Post ictal states usually last for hours so not the quick recovery seen.

Parkinsons is not episodic, it is always present.

Anti-parkinsons sunglasses? Not credible. What is the mechanism of action of light on the basal ganglia?
  • Options
    I think Clinton should do the decent thing and cough up her health records.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,145
    I have been doing some research on the Internet, and it appears that Hillary Clinton doesn't have a health problem after all.

No - apparently it's demonic possession.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

If you faint standing up, motor function goes. Lie the patient flat and elevate the legs, and they are back to normal within minutes.

Anti-parkinsons sunglasses? Not credible. What is the mechanism of action of light on the basal ganglia?
    Parkinson's is always present, but Parkinson's freezing is episodic.

What we saw is consistent with a Parkinson's freeze. (It may well be consistent with other things).
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    MP_SE said:

:lol:
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited September 2016

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

As someone who has fainted standing up, there is no way that female member of the entourage would have been able to keep her propped-up, head-up, like that.

Also note that the only people startled by the behavour are the cops.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    MP_SE said:

That's risky; her poll ratings have already taken a tumble.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

As someone who has fainted standing up, there is no way that female member of the entourage would have been able to keep her propped-up, head-up, like that.

Having watched the video clip a few times there's something not quite right, but I can't work out what it is. As the car arrives, she's conscious but weak, being supported by an aide (doctor?) and a post, but as people try and move her towards the car she has some sort of a spasm then passes out. She's bundled into the car which leaves quickly, yet doesn't go to the hospital, rather to a private residence. This suggests that those with her knew what was wrong and how to deal with it. Some conspiracy theorist will say that the place she went is not her daughter's house but her own private hospital or some such.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Sandpit said:

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

Having watched the video clip a few times there's something not quite right, but I can't work out what it is. As the car arrives, she's conscious but weak, being supported by an aide (doctor?) and a post, but as people try and move her towards the car she has some sort of a spasm then passes out. She's bundled into the car which leaves quickly, yet doesn't go to the hospital, rather to a private residence. This suggests that those with her knew what was wrong and how to deal with it.
    The thing is if this was a one off after a month of day in day out rallies I could buy it. You get sick, you keep going at it, flying day in day out, and eventually you go pop.

But it is just the latest in a long line of odd things, 2-3 weird seizure type things caught on camera, the constant coughing, now this odd incident...and always covered up with lies that fall apart.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

Having watched the video clip a few times there's something not quite right, but I can't work out what it is. As the car arrives, she's conscious but weak, being supported by an aide (doctor?) and a post, but as people try and move her towards the car she has some sort of a spasm then passes out. She's bundled into the car which leaves quickly, yet doesn't go to the hospital, rather to a private residence. This suggests that those with her knew what was wrong and how to deal with it.
    The thing is if this was a one off after a month of day in day out rallies I could buy it. You get sick, you keep going at it, flying day in day out, and eventually you go pop.

But it is just the latest in a long line of odd things, 2-3 weird seizure type things caught on camera, the constant coughing, now this odd incident...and always covered up with lies that fall apart.
    In the leaked emails one of her staff was sending her details about the drug Provigil (without any context as to why he was researching it).

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/25404
  • Options

Sandpit said:

GIN1138 said:

Quite. The press corps have kept quiet so far, but she's not held a proper press conference since her nomination, TV appearances with sympathetic soft-soapers have I think all been pre-recorded and edited.

She's clearly covering something, but in the absence of a frank admission the assumption (conspiracy) will be made that her team of docs are desperately trying to keep her alive until election day.

Ironically, Clinton, like Trump, is such a massive drag on the ticket that if she stands aside now there will be a landslide for Kaine as her replacement. We always said here that David Cameron, until he f'ed up the EU re-negotiation in February, was more popular than his party, in the US the candidates themselves are turning off the undecideds rather than attracting them.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

GIN1138 said:

Not to me it doesn't!

In the leaked emails one of her staff was sending her details about the drug Provigil (without any context as to why he was researching it).

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/25404
    That drug is controlled (banned from sale to the public) in the US but generally available elsewhere on prescription. But used by USAF pilots on 30 hour stay-awake missions. It's the new speed. Weird.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil

Assange has been saying for a while that he's holding something back on Clinton. Next week to see what it is?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    One year ago today, the Labour Party made Jeremy Corbyn its leader and abandoned any ambition to govern Britain or act as an effective Opposition in Parliament.
    The implications of that abdication are profound and ongoing and should be felt well beyond the narrow confines of the Labour Party.

Telegraph leading article tomorrow.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/09/11/under-jeremy-corbyn-labour-has-abandoned-any-ambition-to-govern/
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited September 2016
    Hillary Clinton's medic says she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday. Did he say which Friday? Today she couldn't stand up without help. A month ago she couldn't either, when she had to be helped up steps.

I shudder to think how the narcissistic billionaire casino-owner will make mincemeat of her on 26 September, if she is still in the race at the time of the first TV debate. Remember Nixon against Kennedy in 1960.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited September 2016
    Sandpit said:

Ironically, Clinton, like Trump, is such a massive drag on the ticket that if she stands aside now there will be a landslide for Kaine as her replacement.

What's your reasoning? And what would a "landslide" look like, when it's the DNC who would decide her replacement?

I suspect some of our learned friends may anticipate raking it in from this election cycle.

As things stand, the race is between a personality-disordered nutcase who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near public office and a woman who in comparison is a decent human being but who sadly appears to be not up to the job for reasons of her physical health.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    FYI the lady holding up Clinton isn't secret service, she is her personal physician, Dr. Lisa Bardack. And was seen at her side during the whole time she attended the 9/11 ceremony.

Again if I can find this info in 2 secs with a reserve google image search, you would think the press might ask when given the overheating story, excuse me, why did Hilary need her doctor to go with her on a Sunday morning outing. Is that normal? Or is / has she been seriously ill and thus needs her doctor with her?
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited September 2016
    "Quite. The press corps have kept quiet so far, but she's not held a proper press conference since her nomination, TV appearances with sympathetic soft-soapers have I think all been pre-recorded and edited.

She's clearly covering something, but in the absence of a frank admission the assumption (conspiracy) will be made that her team of docs are desperately trying to keep her alive until election day.

Ironically, Clinton, like Trump, is such a massive drag on the ticket that if she stands aside now there will be a landslide for Kaine as her replacement. We always said here that David Cameron, until he f'ed up the EU re-negotiation in February, was more popular than his party, in the US the candidates themselves are turning off the undecideds rather than attracting them."

This sounds serious to me, potentially very serious as regards Hillary's POTUS prospects.
    I've backed Tim Kaine on Betfair's Next POTUS market at 200. I'll be surprised if her nominated Veep is anywhere near this price by close of business today. Only two bookies are offering this option with Ladbrokes the closest alternative, offering 66/1.

As a matter of interest, don't US Presidential candidates have to undergo rigorous medical check-ups and if not, why not? ...... Especially this time around with both the major players having either reached or approaching 70 years of age. National Security considerations alone should make this an absolute necessity.
  • Options

Quite. The press corps have kept quiet so far, but she's not held a proper press conference since her nomination, TV appearances with sympathetic soft-soapers have I think all been pre-recorded and edited.

Ironically, Clinton, like Trump, is such a massive drag on the ticket that if she stands aside now there will be a landslide for Kaine as her replacement. We always said here that David Cameron, until he f'ed up the EU re-negotiation in February, was more popular than his party, in the US the candidates themselves are turning off the undecideds rather than attracting them.

This sounds serious to me, potentially very serious as regards Hillary's POTUS prospects.
    I've backed Tim Kaine on Betfair's Next POTUS market at 200. I'll be surprised if her nominated Veep is anywhere near this price by close of business today. Only two bookies are offering this option with Ladbrokes the closest alternative, offering 66/1.

As a matter of interest, don't US Presidential candidates have to undergo rigorous medical check-ups and if not, why not? ...... Especially this time around with both the major players having either reached or approaching 70 years of age. National Security considerations alone should make this an absolute necessity.

Like their tax records, it is the norm for candidates to do this and release all the info. Neither has, rather just had brief letters saying they are in good health.
  • Options
    Clinton's officially cancelled her planned trip to California.
  • Options
    IG Index sees the FTSE 100 Index falling by approx 100 points when the market opens in a few hours time.
    Does such a reaction relate in whole or in part to concerns regarding Hillary Clinton's health?
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited September 2016
    So far the medical background and speculation relating to Hillary's fall/faint has been pretty low key in the major news media.
    Frankly one is likely to have become far better informed by reading this PB.com thread instead.
    However, this is likely to change and soon, when the news bosses at last realise what a huge story this is threatening to become.
    (OK .... it's fess up time .... I suppose I'm talking up my 199/1 bet with Betfair on Tim Kaine becoming the next POTUS, but should this come off, it would rank second only to Morris Dancer's 250/1 F1 triumph on Verstappen).
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

IG Index sees the FTSE 100 Index falling by approx 100 points when the market opens in a few hours time.
    Does such a reaction relate in whole or in part to concerns regarding Hillary Clinton's health?

Didn't the US markets fall at the end of last week?
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Didn't the US markets fall at the end of last week?
    Indeed they did, but so did London's markets ..... Chicken and Egg I guess.
  • Options

So far the medical background and speculation relating to Hillary's fall/faint has been pretty low key in the major news media.
    Frankly one is likely to have become far better informed by reading this PB.com thread instead.
    However, this is likely to change and soon, when the news bosses at last realise what a huge story this is threatening to become.
    (OK .... it's fess up time .... I suppose I'm talking up my 199/1 bet with Betfair on Tim Kaine becoming the next POTUS, but should this come off, it would rank second only to Morris Dancer's 250/1 F1 triumph on Verstappen).

Check the terms of the bet, and US election law. It might still be Hillary's name on the ticket, and bets will likely be settled on who wins the election in November, not who actually becomes president in January.
  • Options

Check the terms of the bet, and US election law. It might still be Hillary's name on the ticket, and bets will likely be settled on who wins the election in November, not who actually becomes president in January.
    Good point and thank you for reminding me ...... best illustrated by the fact that postal votes with Hillary's name on them have, I understand, already been issued. Oh well, that's a few more quid down the proverbial, which with other mugs around like me, I may yet be able to trade out!
  • Options
    The pro-Clinton spin on today's events.

http://shareblue.com/hillary-clintons-feat-of-strength-obliterates-months-of-health-conspiracies/

After being diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, Hillary Clinton ran a two-hour national security meeting, gave a press conference, and spent an hour and a half in the heat at a September 11 commemoration ceremony. It was an impressive feat of physical strength that obliterated months of health conspiracies.
  • Options

Traditional media follow where PB leads! (especially in AV-related discussions!)
  • Options

http://shareblue.com/hillary-clintons-feat-of-strength-obliterates-months-of-health-conspiracies/

After being diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, Hillary Clinton ran a two-hour national security meeting, gave a press conference, and spent an hour and a half in the heat at a September 11 commemoration ceremony. It was an impressive feat of physical strength that obliterated months of health conspiracies.

So absolutely no mention of her collapse/faint .... that beggars belief, unless of course it was all written up beforehand.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

This is almost "Good For Yes" territory. If she was diagnosed with pneumonia (finding that hard to believe right now), surely the doctors would be telling her to rest and recuperate? Instead, she continued on as if nothing was wrong. If she doesn't take advice from her doctors, it doesn't bode well for her taking advice from various experts when she is president.
  • Options

Good point and thank you for reminding me ...... best illustrated by the fact that postal votes with Hillary's name on them have, I understand, already been issued. Oh well, that's a few more quid down the proverbial, which with other mugs around like me, I may yet be able to trade out!
    You might, and the some bookies might pay out on Kaine as a goodwill gesture (assuming a Dem win).
  • Options
    If she's as fit as she claims, leaving aside the small matter of pneumonia, then it would surely make sense from an electoral standpoint for Hillary to submit herself to a thorough independent medical check-up to dispel all the rumours currently going the rounds, whilst of course suggesting that Donald Trump should do the same.
  • Options

After being diagnosed with pneumonia -- after -- Hillary went to the 9/11 event in the stifling heat. Damned if she did, and damned if she didn't, perhaps, but it still seems a bizarre judgement.
  • Options
    This may put Trump's health back in the spotlight too, notwithstanding his doctor's hyperbolic claim that Trump would be the healthiest president ever.
  • Options

After being diagnosed with pneumonia -- after -- Hillary went to the 9/11 event in the stifling heat. Damned if she did, and damned if she didn't, perhaps, but it still seems a bizarre judgement.
    How hot are they saying it was? Here in DC it was the first nice morning in months, only in the mid-70s (~25C) until midday, and low humidity (it has been high humidity and in the 90s F/33+ C almost every day since mid July). We are usually warmer and a lot more humid than NYC.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

How hot are they saying it was? Here in DC it was the first nice morning in months, only in the mid-70s (~25C) until midday, and low humidity (it has been high humidity and in the 90s F/33+ C almost every day since mid July). We are usually warmer and a lot more humid than NYC.
    Ah, now I see. It's reported that at the time of the memorial it was hovering around 80F with moderate to high humidity.
  • Options

This may put Trump's health back in the spotlight too, notwithstanding his doctor's hyperbolic claim that Trump would be the healthiest president ever.

Unlike Clinton, there isn't evidence to the contrary (maybe eating a KFC bargain bucket?) :p
  • Options
    As a measure of its public interest in the UK, the BBC has Hillary's "stumble" as their lead news story this morning.
  • Options
    Oh well, it's back to bed for me for an hour or so, cheerio Rob, everyone.
  • Options

Oh well, it's back to bed for me for an hour or so, cheerio Rob, everyone.

A quick nap before the new thread? Dangerous!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

It's kind of depressing though: my instinctive reaction is that Clinton's campaign is (at best) only telling us half the truth
  • Options
    Charles said:

GIN1138 said:

dr_spyn said:

It's kind of depressing though: my instinctive reaction is that Clinton's campaign is (at best) only telling us half the truth
    I was shocked too.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Unlike Clinton, there isn't evidence to the contrary (maybe eating a KFC bargain bucket?) :p
    Then Trump will have no problem providing a proper report. The point is this will stir up media interest.
  • Options

As a measure of its public interest in the UK, the BBC has Hillary's "stumble" as their lead news story this morning.

More likely a measure of the BBC watching the American news channels.
  • Options
    This is one election where "more likely to die without taking office than the other candidate" seems like a pretty powerful selling point.
This discussion has been closed.