Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Welcome to a new era in the Conservative party: The post-Bu

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034

Pulpstar said:

Blimey, someone has managed to back Jezza at 11-10 for the contest !

Owen Smith is trading evens => laying him would give you pretty much the same result. It would cover you against an Eagle victory but expose you to a Smith victory in a year's time or thereafter
    I did quite a bit of trading this morning, very happy with my position now.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

I changed my picture as I'm in mourning.

I'm hopeful at least one ex Bullingdon boy will be occupying a great office of state.

George for Foreign Secretary.

Isabel Oakeshott has written a fair and balanced piece on Mr Osborne for the Mail.

"The discredited Chancellor, who masterminded the catastrophic and shameful Project Fear campaign"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3687313/So-Theresa-really-rival-Osborne-plum-job-campaign-bully-frighten-nation-Project-Fear.html
    That article very much reflects my own feelings about Osborne. A nasty, scheming man whose ambitions have been thwarted, for now, but who will not probably cannot stop scheming. TM needs to sack him for the good of the Country let alone her own peace of mind and the collegiality of her government.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,135
    JenS said:

Osborne was a day-boy at a London school, housed in a hideous concrete pre-fab built on the site of a filled-in reservoir by Hammersmith Bridge. It's odd he was in the Bullingdon. But those clubs do sometimes let in clever boys for entertainment. :wink:

Hence the nickname “Oik”.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

The Conservative leadership structure is much cleaner (And better) than the Labour one.

A structure is only as effective as the people filling it. Labour's problem isn't the structure as such but that the leader isn't prepared to accept the culture around which it's designed. The Conservatives had a parallel problem from 1989-2003 when no leader was secure for more than a few months. Both systems require self-restraint among leaders and among the led and break down if either side becomes too forceful or too stubborn.
    Motions of confidence are binding in the case of both the Lib Dems and Conservatives, quite amazing Labour didn't have this in their rules.
    The MPs are supposed to knuckle-down under the leader, obviously.

Or come up with an alternative to challenge democratically.

Or piss off...

Coups are not in the rule-book, because they're not and never have been the Labour way. Tough.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    Cameron led by example and got his party to partake in a standing ovation for Blair, will Corbyn do that? If Corbyn and his closest comrades sit down and the Lab backbenchers stand up it would look very bad, though I doubt Corbyn cares.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

Gove making a big pitch to stay at Justice - see @DannyShawBBC's feed.

Gove has demonstrated that not only is he untrustworthy, buut that he confides in his wife, who is also untrustworthy. Or can be used to drop hints that Gove hoimself can’t.

I suspect that if he finds himself looking aftrer paperclips and odd socks he should count himself fortunate.
    In the bigger picture , did any minister do more to ensure TM won the leadership election than Gove ?
    Law of Unintended Consequences!
    His Ministerial post or the lack of one will confirm if those consequences are unintended or not
    He has done quite a good job at Justice so far though. Worth keeping there on that basis alone.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,715
    I've always said you can tell a lot about a man by the choice of his footwear, just look at Jez's tatty, scruffy shoes

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/753179670263242752
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,541
    edited July 2016
    jonny83 said:

I wouldn't say I am overly optimistic about May but she was clearly the best candidate available and the most experienced.

I don't think she will differ massively from Cameron policy wise though a clear pitch so far from her is that the government has to do more to make people from all across the country to feel financially better off. I think all governments would like to try and do that but it is easier said than done.

She must be heading into one of the most difficult periods a PM will have ever faced, it could easily destroy her but if she can find a way through it and the UK prospers her standing will skyrocket and soar.

Yes I think that is right.

I think much of her allure can be maintained with a "Denis Thatcher" policy although she will of course have to speak much more than she has done hitherto.

If I were her I would promote to her intimate circle, if she has not already done so, all those involved in research, writing, formulation of her speech recently. I thought it was excellent, and way above her natural ability.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Blimey, someone has managed to back Jezza at 11-10 for the contest !

Owen Smith is trading evens => laying him would give you pretty much the same result. It would cover you against an Eagle victory but expose you to a Smith victory in a year's time or thereafter
    I did quite a bit of trading this morning, very happy with my position now.
    Frankly my position has deteriorated considerably. Just trying to hold my nerve.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,031
    Everyone's leaving office, it seems.

The Japanese Emperor is planning to abdicate:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36784045
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2016

I've always said you can tell a lot about a man by the choice of his footwear, just look at Jez's tatty, scruffy shoes

ttps://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/753179670263242752

Brown in Town? - good God, the man is a philistine...
  • Options
    MontyHallMontyHall Posts: 226
    Had forgotten that Cameron's 'Calm down dear' was aimed at Angela Eagle
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    jonny83 said:

Cameron led by example and got his party to partake in a standing ovation for Blair, will Corbyn do that? If Corbyn and his closest comrades sit down and the Lab backbenchers stand up it would look very bad, though I doubt Corbyn cares.

Whether people liked or disliked Blair, does anyone really deny that he was a much more "impactful" PM than Cameron has been?
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

Well after his disastrous contribution to the Leave campaign it's only rig-. Oh.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    MontyHall said:

She cried sexist at that - and is now presenting herself against a cliched pink banner at every opportunity.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    edited July 2016

Anyone thinking of backing Angela Eagle in the Labour leadership election needs to remember the longest trend ever in political betting-UK Labour has never elected a woman leader.Add her past voting record and the key vote to support the Iraq war,she really is weighed down.I expect her to stand down for a straight Smith v Corbyn contest.
    BTW AWS is the only way Labour will ever elect a woman leader.Labour has a number of "systemics",one of which is bias against women.

How many of the hideously named Blair's Babes are left today?

I detest AWS - and genuinely don't understand why Labour should be biased against female candidates. Ma Beckett, Barbara Castle, Hattie blazed a trail decades ago.

Hattie was my MP when I was a student in the 80s!
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,587
    jonny83 said:

This is the man who won't even engage in small talk with Cameron as they walk together into House of Lords for Q's speech. He has no basic manners. Not fit to be an MP never mind PM.
  • Options
    MontyHall said:

It says it all that that is probably the most notable incident that Angela has been involved in after 25 years in Parliament.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    May sitting next to Ozzie on the front bench.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    It's a bit like what waiting for the kick off of the FA Cup used to be like.
  • Options

MontyHall said:

She cried sexist at that - and is now presenting herself against a cliched pink banner at every opportunity.
    What are the odds Corbo will use that one in a hustings?!
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,254
    John_M said:

Been listening to much talk this morning about May's options for Brexit and suggestions that any deal must include reduced immigration. Surely before doing anything she should set up some sort of inquiry to establish whether immigration is actually too high, is actually keeping wages down, if public services are under pressure from immigration.

Otherwise we face forcing a government to set policy for the future of the UK, based not on known facts, but on the PERCEPTION of a proportion of the electorate.

Good morning all.

Yes, agree with this. Is it the absolute number, the skills mix, the geographic concentration?

We've had an almost unquestioning attitude that immigration is a net good, is necessary and (due to global trends) unavoidable. That high level macro-economic view hasn't served us all very well in practice.

We need to take the emotion out of the topic and look at it forensically.
    Can I - ahem - modestly suggest that they take this -
    http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/05/31/mind-the-gap/ - as a starting point?

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

Some of us other oldies are made of sterner stuff ..

JackW - Reigning TOTY

:smiley:

• Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    @Jesse_Norman

Extraordinarily courteous of the Labour Party to lay on so much extra material for the Prime Minister at his final PMQs.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Danny565 said:

MontyHall said:

It says it all that that is probably the most notable incident that Angela has been involved in after 25 years in Parliament.
    You're overlooking the time when Tony Blair sacked her by accident after forgetting about her during a reshuffle. Doesn't say much for either of them!
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,459
    JackW said:

May sitting next to Ozzie on the front bench.

Think Ozzie trying to sit next to May rather than the other way round
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Danny565 said:

jonny83 said:

Whether people liked or disliked Blair, does anyone really deny that he was a much more "impactful" PM than Cameron has been?
    I don't usually think of people as "impactful", but if I had to give the label to somebody it would probably be Edward John Smith, RD, RNR (27 January 1850 – 15 April 1912).
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    HT Sparrow - Jim Waterson✔@jimwaterson

Massive cheers from Tory benches as Theresa May comes in to sit next to Cameron ahead of his final PMQs.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,106

Misogyny now a hate crime:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-36775398

"Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman."

I wonder if the reverse (misandry) is covered too, but shan't be holding my breath. Intriguing we now have a crime only one gender can commit

Still not pleased about this aspect, though:
    "It means abuse or harassment which might not be a crime can be reported to and investigated by the police, and support for the victim put in place."

Things that aren't crimes shouldn't be investigated by the police. Someone being a tosser is unpleasant, but the police are there to enforce the law, not to try and make the world lovely.

If someone calls me a silly bitch in a Nottingham street, the police [according to this] would not do anything. If I were a woman, they would. That's just daft.

What will be interesting is the first time a woman gets charged for a mysogynist offence!

Totally agree on police not investigating non crimes. If they are there to enforce good behaviour, not just prevent or catch criminal behaviour, they are moral police not just police.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

John_M said:

Been listening to much talk this morning about May's options for Brexit and suggestions that any deal must include reduced immigration. Surely before doing anything she should set up some sort of inquiry to establish whether immigration is actually too high, is actually keeping wages down, if public services are under pressure from immigration.

Otherwise we face forcing a government to set policy for the future of the UK, based not on known facts, but on the PERCEPTION of a proportion of the electorate.

Good morning all.

Yes, agree with this. Is it the absolute number, the skills mix, the geographic concentration?

We've had an almost unquestioning attitude that immigration is a net good, is necessary and (due to global trends) unavoidable. That high level macro-economic view hasn't served us all very well in practice.

We need to take the emotion out of the topic and look at it forensically.
    Can I - ahem - modestly suggest that they take this -
    http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/05/31/mind-the-gap/ - as a starting point?

You have little to be modest about. That was another quality article. Let's hope some of the movers and shakers that read this site take note.
  • Options
    Cute opening answer from Cameron.
  • Options
    jonny83 said:

He best not !
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Danny565 said:

MontyHall said:

You're overlooking the time when Tony Blair sacked her by accident after forgetting about her during a reshuffle. Doesn't say much for either of them!
    Oh! That was her? :open_mouth:

I always wondered who that was.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    Why did no one warn me that Burgon was on the box - missed him. Damn...
  • Options

Isn't the Emperor a god? How does a god step down?

Mind you, if I remember correctly the Crown Prince has daughters and no son and Shinto does not recognise the existence of goddesses. So a system/religion that has lasted a thousand years or more is going to hit the buffers this century whatever happens.
  • Options

Did you miss the farting commie's great feck up? Polly wasn't impressed

The political crisis is all on the left, with a total absence of opposition. So outrageously inept is Jeremy Corbyn’s regime that Labour failed to mount a fight last week against the £1,200 charge for employment tribunals, which has seen a 70% fall in claims. Richard Burgon, the new shadow lord chancellor, simply missed its huge significance, and with no whip the government won by an astounding 135. Forget forensic challenges to bad policy or defending austerity’s victims.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/12/tories-labour-angela-eagle-labour-corbyn-party-membership
  • Options
    David Cameron starts by congratulating Andy Murray & the other British Wimbledon winners.

Normally he says at this point he has other meetings later today. But today he says that, other than one meeting with the Queen, his diary for the rest of the day is “remarkably light”.
  • Options
    Cameron pledging to "look carefully" at an MP's suggestion..... look carefully in the last 2 hours of his premiership?
  • Options

The political crisis is all on the left, with a total absence of opposition. So outrageously inept is Jeremy Corbyn’s regime that Labour failed to mount a fight last week against the £1,200 charge for employment tribunals, which has seen a 70% fall in claims. Richard Burgon, the new shadow lord chancellor, simply missed its huge significance, and with no whip the government won by an astounding 135. Forget forensic challenges to bad policy or defending austerity’s victims.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/12/tories-labour-angela-eagle-labour-corbyn-party-membership
    Why "farting"?!?!
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Mind you, if I remember correctly the Crown Prince has daughters and no son and Shinto does not recognise the existence of goddesses. So a system/religion that has lasted a thousand years or more is going to hit the buffers this century whatever happens.
    The Tenno hasn't been a god since World War 2. At least not officially.

• Options
    Danny565 said:

Why "farting"?!?!
    http://order-order.com/2015/05/27/big-feartie-which-snp-mp-gassed-the-chamber/
  • Options

The post-war settlement forced Hirohito to renounced divine status. In practice the Japanese pretty much ignored it.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Danny565 said:

jonny83 said:

I don't usually think of people as "impactful", but if I had to give the label to somebody it would probably be Edward John Smith, RD, RNR (27 January 1850 – 15 April 1912).
    The poor bastard wasn't even on the bridge at the time...
  • Options
    Has Jeremy clapped yet :p ?
  • Options
    LOL - is Hattie in the house?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Corbyn as graceless and useless as ever
  • Options
    If you were going to cast someone as PM in a film, it would be Cam. He does suit the role perfectly
  • Options
    Corbyn attacking May before she is even in post. What an arse.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    kle4 said:

Misogyny now a hate crime:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-36775398

"Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman."

I wonder if the reverse (misandry) is covered too, but shan't be holding my breath. Intriguing we now have a crime only one gender can commit

Still not pleased about this aspect, though:
    "It means abuse or harassment which might not be a crime can be reported to and investigated by the police, and support for the victim put in place."

Things that aren't crimes shouldn't be investigated by the police. Someone being a tosser is unpleasant, but the police are there to enforce the law, not to try and make the world lovely.

If someone calls me a silly bitch in a Nottingham street, the police [according to this] would not do anything. If I were a woman, they would. That's just daft.

What will be interesting is the first time a woman gets charged for a mysogynist offence!

Totally agree on police not investigating non crimes. If they are there to enforce good behaviour, not just prevent or catch criminal behaviour, they are moral police not just police.
    One thing that struck me was the picture caption: "If a woman receives unwanted attention on the street, it can now be reported to Nottinghamshire Police as a hate crime"

That only applies if the attention was from a man rather than woman presumably, but I can't understand why the distinction is necessary. Why would unwanted attention from a man be a hate crime, but unwanted attention from another woman not be?

Also, if a man gets unwanted attention from a woman is that a hate crime? (It does happen, though the last time it happened to me, I was much younger and the woman was very drunk - think she was part of a hen party. Not that that should count as an excuse - drunken men on a stag do shouldn't get away with misbehaviour either!) And what if a man gets unwanted attention from another man?

Does all seem a bit "through the rabbit hole" to me.
  • Options
    Who's Thornberry smiling and winking at? May?
  • Options
    Dave's enjoying this.
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn starts by paying tribute to the British Wimbledon winners.

He says it is right to thank Cameron for his service. He has often disagreed with him. But he pays tribute to him for securing the release of Shaker Aamer and for his gay marriage legislation, which was passed with Labour votes.

And he asks about homelessness.

Cameron says it is 10% below the peak it was under Labour.
  • Options
    Cameron is so sharp at PMQ's, I think we will miss it.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    I wonder if May's premiership will signal the end of the Age of Austerity? It looks like May is more statist than Cameron/Osborne, hence perhaps less inclined to reduce the size of the state via cuts. Can't see why she would want to shackle herself as an incoming PM to the programme of the last government. Given the troubles she will face already with Brexit, she won't want to be seen as more divisive/thatcherlike over cuts, especially given the obvious unifier message she is projecting. Something has to give, and that something will be the idea of reducing the deficit (she already ruled out the budget surplus ambition didn't she?).
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    These questions about the home secretary are ill judged.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I suspect by the end of PMQs I'm going to be crying like a disgraced televangelist.

#PleaseDontGoDave
  • Options
    Jezza having a good PMQs.

a) enjoying it
    b) making decent jokes
    c) looking smart
    d) making as many points as he is able to given the circumstances.

GO JEZZA
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Lady Nugee took herself alot less seriously on the last QT compared to one a couple of years back. She has a rock solid London Labour seat and is very happy without the burden of Gov't I think - she's given up !
  • Options
    Corbyn says he has been listening to what Theresa May has been saying. She says it is harder than ever for young people to buy their first home. Why is that?

Cameron says he wants to congratulate May on becoming prime minister. When it comes to women prime ministers, soon it will be two nil. And not a pink bus in sight, he says.

On housing, he says the issue of affordability is key. Help to Buy and shared ownership mean some people can buy a home with a deposit of just £2,000.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,667
    The black knight!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,924
    Best joke ever at PMQs by Corbyn.

The Home Secretary - Exploitative bosses cant think who she is referring to.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    Corbyn is "enjoying every moment". From the look on Watson's face, so is he.
  • Options
    jonny83 said:

Yep, he's a bit of a swashbuckler.

May comes across as a Deputy Registrar of Births, Marriages and Deaths in comparison...

Corbyn might do well against her. Just a thought!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    RodCrosby said:

jonny83 said:

Yep, he's a bit of a swashbuckler.

May comes across as a Deputy Registrar of Births, Marriages and Deaths in comparison...

Corbyn might do well against her. Just a thought!
    :lol:

And a good joke from Corbyn re Cameron's mum on dress sense!
  • Options
    Find Judith
  • Options
    LOL at that email from Judith!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Pulpstar said:

PlatoSaid said:

Lady Nugee took herself alot less seriously on the last QT compared to one a couple of years back. She has a rock solid London Labour seat and is very happy without the burden of Gov't I think - she's given up !
    She looks a lot healthier nowadays.

She was pointing out that May wasn't elected democratically.

This has been a good PMQs from both leaders I think. Quite funny
  • Options
    David Cameron is just so fantastic in this theatre - he will be missed
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,924
    Corbyn having his best PMQs of all time
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464
    RodCrosby said:

Ishmael_X said:

Danny565 said:

jonny83 said:

No, but the ship was still sailing under his orders i.e. too fast in an area known to contain icebergs.
  • Options
    Wait, what Len Goodman is leaving Strictly
  • Options
    It's panto PMQs. Rather good fun.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,787

Wait, what Len Goodman is leaving Strictly

Next England manager?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913

Corbyn having his best PMQs of all time

Down hill from here then?
  • Options

I wonder if May's premiership will signal the end of the Age of Austerity? It looks like May is more statist than Cameron/Osborne, hence perhaps less inclined to reduce the size of the state via cuts. Can't see why she would want to shackle herself as an incoming PM to the programme of the last government. Given the troubles she will face already with Brexit, she won't want to be seen as more divisive/thatcherlike over cuts, especially given the obvious unifier message she is projecting. Something has to give, and that something will be the idea of reducing the deficit (she already ruled out the budget surplus ambition didn't she?).

God knows what she will do, but the idea that we can continue to run a structural deficit of £70bn a year indefinitely is daft.
  • Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281

Wonder if May offered him a job.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,856
    Peter Lilley going over the top......

Thought both Corbyn & Cameron did well.......
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    Corbyn is in a good mood. This is unexpected.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I had a thought this morning, David Cameron Tory Party Chairman for the 2020 GE?

Appointed in 2019.
  • Options
    Sour old git Robertson. Scotland is in the UK. Get over it.
  • Options
    Angus Robertson - booooo.

What a wet dishcloth.
  • Options
    Has Corbyn finished ?

Any clapping ?
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,856

RodCrosby said:

Ishmael_X said:

Danny565 said:

jonny83 said:

No, but the ship was still sailing under his orders i.e. too fast in an area known to contain icebergs.
    The Titanic 'disaster' no one remembers is the botched evacuation - managed properly Smith could have nearly doubled the number of survivors.....
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    Green candidate Jill Stein's response to Bernie Sanders's endorsement of Hillary Clinton was "HillNo", "JillYes".

If Stein can win enough votes from some of Bernie Sanders's supporters, or enough support to get into the TV debates, it could be curtains for Clinton. Donald Trump's endorser Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News could help. Maybe Trump and Stein will fight over climate change.

Mid price at Betfair for Trump has risen to 4.2.

The Green Party's convention comes after the Dem and Rep conventions.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,587
    Philip Collins ‏@PCollinsTimes 5m5 minutes ago
    At last, Corbyn gets the tone right.
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Ishmael_X said:

Danny565 said:

jonny83 said:

Standard procedure for the time. And he had altered course. Just not enough. The bergs were unusually far south that year.
  • Options

Can't see it. But Cameron wants to stay as an MP, maybe he could take a front bench role again one day years down the line.

Classless SNP.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Why not? Chamberlain served under Churchill. What job would best suit him?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    G - Corbyn says he has asked Cameron 179 questions. He says he wants to wish Cameron well, and wish his family well too. It is our loved ones who make all the difference. And he wishes to pass on to Cameron’s mum his thanks for her advice about ties and songs.

Blimey, if they start singing to each other, I'm off...
  • Options
    Over half say Theresa May has what it takes to be a good PM

Corbyn and Cameron’s satisfaction ratings fall to their lowest ever

Ipsos MORI’s July Political Monitor reveals that over half (55%) believe that Theresa May has what it takes to be a good Prime Minister, up from 28% in July 2015. Her ratings are particularly high among Conservative voters, among whom 81% think she has what it takes.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/3761/Over-half-say-Theresa-May-has-what-it-takes-to-be-a-good-PM.aspx
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,222
    Angus Robertson just made it sound as though he supports genocide ...

Not sure that was quite what he meant.
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

Green candidate Jill Stein's response to Bernie Sanders's endorsement of Hillary Clinton was "HillNo", "JillYes".

If Stein can win enough votes from some of Bernie Sanders's supporters, or enough support to get into the TV debates, it could be curtains for Clinton. Donald Trump's endorser Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News could help. Maybe Trump and Stein will fight over climate change.

Mid price at Betfair for Trump has risen to 4.2.

The Green Party's convention comes after the Dem and Rep conventions.

You know the secret of great comedy, don't you. Same here on PB.
  • Options

Corbyn is in a good mood. This is unexpected.

Why wouldn't he be, he's on the ballot and Uncle Len with all those lovely union votes is onside !
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,027
    Bugger.. missed it, thank god iPlayer has a rewind function :D
  • Options
    What is it with the Scots Nats today - they just have no class
  • Options
    Angus Robertson starts light, with the anniversary of Balkan genocide and being a miseryguts.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,667
    Oy, Robertson just needs to shut up. Just sounding bitter.
This discussion has been closed.