Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » From Ladbrokes and ConHome two factors that should raise a

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,059

I'm away and commenting on a mobile is a right pain, but I had to sign in to say how utterly disgusted I am by Andrea Leadsom. I'm ashamed to be in the same party as her, and I hope she fucks off to UKIP after getting thrashed by TM.

Can I commission you to write a PB thread header on those lines?
  • Options
    HaroldO said:
    Is it too late to pull the front page again?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,985
    HaroldO said:
    No chance. What this tells us is a) she said these things exactly as quoted b) she is unfit for high office (at least at this stage) because she has no idea how journalism works.

Imagine her unguarded quotes to the financial press during the negotiations with EU.

Is the Tory party having a laugh? have they seriously put this person forward to lead the country.

Shame on you.

• Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

I wouldn't be so sure about Deutsche.

While I don't want to go over old ground again, there are two types of countries in Europe: those that sorted out their banking systems, and those that didn't.

Take Spain: it forced 48 regional savings banks - the Caixa - to close, the banks to recognise EUR400bn of bad debts, to raise more than EUR120bn of new equity and created a bad bank to hold toxic assets. Result: Spain's banking sector is one of the best capitalised in Europe, despite having had one of the worst pre-crisis economies.

Take Italy: it didn't have much debt compared to its neighbours so it thought it didn't need to sort things out. (And it would have been politically unpopular to inquire too much into the actions of the Populare, the equivalent of Spain's Caixa.) Result: the banks are unable to lend, dragging the domestic economy down. Only now, almost a decade after the crisis started have they realised their error.

Fortunately, the sums in Italy are quite small (Italians don't owe very much compared to...er... Brits for example). They just need the banks to raise a bit of equity and the government to create the obligatory bad bank. The issue is that doing what everyone else did in the past now breaches EU state aid rules. (Whoops.) So, the Italian government will likely have to stick two fingers up at the commission and do it anyway.

Which brings us to Deutsche Bank. It's fair to say that the Eurozone's only investment bank is also by far the most troubled bank in the whole block. No-one knows how big the issue is because they have literally trillions of market to model derivatives. (Of course real exposure will be less, but it could still be a number with a great many zeroes.)
    What about UK banks. How healthy are they?
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited July 2016
    When Tom Watson thinks you're slime, you really are in trouble. Tom Watson! Waiting for tweet from Satan.

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/status/751533056075399168
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,443

@mikeysmith: Mussolini had six children. Just for the record.

Adolf Hitler didn't have any.

Just sayin'....
    Don't be silly! Who else fathered Jacques Delors?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686

HaroldO said:
    No chance. What this tells us is a) she said these things exactly as quoted b) she is unfit for high office (at least at this stage) because she has no idea how journalism works.

Imagine her unguarded quotes to the financial press during the negotiations with EU.

Is the Tory party having a laugh? have they seriously put this person forward to lead the country.

Shame on you.

As I said 84 idiots.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185

HaroldO said:
    Is it too late to pull the front page again?
    No way they would have put that out there if they weren't certain they could defend themselves. Not a straight up interview anyway.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

While I don't want to go over old ground again, there are two types of countries in Europe: those that sorted out their banking systems, and those that didn't.

Take Spain: it forced 48 regional savings banks - the Caixa - to close, the banks to recognise EUR400bn of bad debts, to raise more than EUR120bn of new equity and created a bad bank to hold toxic assets. Result: Spain's banking sector is one of the best capitalised in Europe, despite having had one of the worst pre-crisis economies.

Take Italy: it didn't have much debt compared to its neighbours so it thought it didn't need to sort things out. (And it would have been politically unpopular to inquire too much into the actions of the Populare, the equivalent of Spain's Caixa.) Result: the banks are unable to lend, dragging the domestic economy down. Only now, almost a decade after the crisis started have they realised their error.

Fortunately, the sums in Italy are quite small (Italians don't owe very much compared to...er... Brits for example). They just need the banks to raise a bit of equity and the government to create the obligatory bad bank. The issue is that doing what everyone else did in the past now breaches EU state aid rules. (Whoops.) So, the Italian government will likely have to stick two fingers up at the commission and do it anyway.

Which brings us to Deutsche Bank. It's fair to say that the Eurozone's only investment bank is also by far the most troubled bank in the whole block. No-one knows how big the issue is because they have literally trillions of market to model derivatives. (Of course real exposure will be less, but it could still be a number with a great many zeroes.)
    Financial Stability Report says they're fine.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/fsr/2016/fsrjul16sum.pdf
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

@mikeysmith: Mussolini had six children. Just for the record.

Adolf Hitler didn't have any.

Just sayin'....
    Don't be silly! Who else fathered Jacques Delors?
    It would be hilarious if Jean-Marie Loret was related to Delors
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,353
    The Times had better not be guilty of any selective quoting. Otherwise it will be a huge publicity win for Leadsom - cementing her position as the candidate the establishment fears.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,230
    The complete opposite of what she said? What does that mean?

That she said it _wasn't_ sad for Theresa May that she couldn't have children? That she said that having children _didn't_ give her (Leadsom) a stake in the country's future?

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,077
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Leaving t may entirely out of it, it is still appalling because the implication is that leadsom thinks that it she herself were childless she would be working on the principle that she personally wanted to get her kicks before the whole shithouse went up in flames. In other words she isn't capable of altruism benefiting anyone more remotely connected to her than direct descendants, AND is too thick to think that simulating the capability for such altruism might be quite a good idea.
  • Options
    John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Is the Bank of England a credible source?

• Options
    blackburn63blackburn63 Posts: 4,492
    If these are the best the conservatives have what must the rest be like?
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

HaroldO said:

Shame on you.

Exact opposite = my children make me a less good PM?
  • Options

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Well, they'll do for me. Despite the jibes I actually do listen to experts. I just don't always follow their recommendations :).
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,596
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Albeit still unlikely, if Leadsom were to now withdraw , presumably May would be elected leader unopposed?

I'd be amazed if she withdrew. It's a lot easier to just ignore the newspapers and the telly.
    She maybe forced to by public revulsion
    She will win. I thought May would, but not now.

She is hitting that spot that people with children know. There is no comparable love. Not parents, not siblings, not spouses.

Just horrible comments unworthy of you
    I am not sure what I would think of someone who didn't think their children were the most precious thing alive.

Of course my children and grand children are the most precious part of our lives but to try to score points over someone who has been unable to experience the joy of children through no fault of their own is unacceptable, crass, and unbecoming of anyone seeking the highest office in the land
  • Options
    (((Dan Hodges))) ‏@DPJHodges 6m6 minutes ago
    If The Times can now demonstrate Ledsom's comments were accurately reported she's going to have to step down from the contest.
  • Options

HAH !
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,778
    edited July 2016
    Pulpstar said:
    Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here??

:lol:
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,127

If The Times can now demonstrate Ledsom's comments were accurately reported she's going to have to step down from the contest.

Non-story confirmed!
  • Options

More wishful thinking from Han Dodges.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,536

BTW, there's a brilliantly funny quote at the end of that Times front page:

One MP backing Mrs May said last night: "I think these comments are disgusting. I think it's going to insult a lot of Conservative activists as well as a lot of nice, decent people".

:)

Leadsom could clearly have thought before she spoke but that quote by a May backer suggests the pro Remain Times may clearly have had an agenda too to spin the story in an anti Leadsom direction
  • Options

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Not sure... too many experts probably :D
  • Options
    Next England manager: Jurgen Klinsmann in talks with FA to replace Roy Hodgson, says former Germany team-mate

Oliver Bierhoff says he believes the former Tottenham and Germany striker is in talks to become the next England manager

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/next-england-manager-jurgen-klinsmann-in-talks-with-fa-replace-roy-hodgson-germany-oliver-bierhoff-a7127806.html
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Albeit still unlikely, if Leadsom were to now withdraw , presumably May would be elected leader unopposed?

I'd be amazed if she withdrew. It's a lot easier to just ignore the newspapers and the telly.

She is hitting that spot that people with children know. There is no comparable love. Not parents, not siblings, not spouses.

I am not sure what I would think of someone who didn't think their children were the most precious thing alive.

Do you know the expression "non sequitur"?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Well I'm going to be a bit controversial and say I feel sorry for Crabb.

It's just muck raking.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

The Times had better not be guilty of any selective quoting. Otherwise it will be a huge publicity win for Leadsom - cementing her position as the candidate the establishment fears.

I was going to mention this but I just want it to end now.

Two months of this crap.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,643

Indeed.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

HAH !
    The best three conservatives aren't standing in this contest.

Dave, George, and Ken Clarke
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Yes
  • Options
    Once again tonight shows that it is a mistake at the moment to even thinking about logging off and having an early night.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Chris said:

The complete opposite of what she said? What does that mean?

That she said it _wasn't_ sad for Theresa May that she couldn't have children? That she said that having children _didn't_ give her (Leadsom) a stake in the country's future?

Q. Is your family important to you?
    A. Yes, having children gives you a stake in the country's future.
    Q. Theresa May cannot have children. Does that mean she doesn't have a stake in the country's future?
    A. No, that must be very sad for her. But she has nieces and nephews lots of people, that connect her to the next generation.
    ---------
    Given the hoo-haa I think we'll see a transcript, or get an audio recording.
  • Options
    PaulyPauly Posts: 897
    edited July 2016
    https://twitter.com/andrealeadsom/status/751531686987501570

Two days in and it's already turned into a cat fight about children. The mistake was giving them the vote... :D
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Why did Boris have to stand aside?

*bewildered*
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

When I think of how wonderful it is to have children, I feel nothing but compassion for those who can not.

Leadsom's comments are shameful
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    PlatoSaid said:

It's just muck raking.

Yes, looks like it.
  • Options

lol
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,493

JohnO said:

Would be up to the party board.
    Though precedent would suggest so. In 1990, there should have been a third round according to the rules but it was cancelled after Hurd and Heseltine withdrew.
    I was doing some research on it this week, and that's what happened in 2003
    I thought that in 2003, only Howard was nominated at all; Davis (and everyone else) stood back before the vote rather than part way through.

I should have mentioned that 1965 was also like 1990: Heath didn't win by enough to take the leadership on the first round but Maudling and Powell withdrew so no second round was held.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

BTW, there's a brilliantly funny quote at the end of that Times front page:

One MP backing Mrs May said last night: "I think these comments are disgusting. I think it's going to insult a lot of Conservative activists as well as a lot of nice, decent people".

:)

Leadsom could clearly have thought before she spoke but that quote by a May backer suggests the pro Remain Times may clearly have had an agenda too to spin the story in an anti Leadsom direction
    I ignore most of the Times Brexit coverage, it's still in campaign mode. It's getting tedious.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,750

She is establishment, even if the press is against her. It was on the same side as her not two weeks ago, if their opprobrium now means they are establishment then she was establishment then.
  • Options

*bewildered*

Because he knows Brexit is going to be a disaster, he only campaigned for Leave to do well Tory members.

He wasn't expecting to win the referendum
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

19% Tier 1 capital ratio.

That is all. Thank you.
  • Options

*bewildered*

There was a radish.

• Options
    Theresa May insisting she is no "remainer" in the Telegraph o_O !?

I'm sorry but I'm reasonably sure she was on the remain side of the argument during the campaign, however quietly...
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    I think two weeks of solid political news is getting to the audience, and to the reporters. We are all expecting some big news 24/7 and are exhausted from reading and debating it.

I think I am going to take the weekend off and smell some flowers etc....and drink some beer.
  • Options
    Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

When I think of how wonderful it is to have children, I feel nothing but compassion for those who can not.

She has repudiated the Times piece.

• Options
    Her twitter description is... "MP for South Northamptonshire. Wife, Mother. Leave campaigner. If I can help, please email or see my website."

Does anyone know a way of checking if this is a recent change or precedes the contest?...
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

It's just muck raking.

Oh come on, I'm a great believer in live and let live but if you're trying to present yourself as the Prime Minister you can't be messaging women in that manner, his judgement is awful. And as somebody wearing his Christianity as a badge of honour he's an absolute hypocrite.

His "error" is worse than Leadsom's imo, I'd like to hear her side of the story before she gets hung out to dry.
  • Options

JohnO said:

Would be up to the party board.
    Though precedent would suggest so. In 1990, there should have been a third round according to the rules but it was cancelled after Hurd and Heseltine withdrew.
    A statement from the Conservative Board said: "The Board has received overwhelming representations from the Party at large, and, in line with these representations, has decided not to initiate a formal postal ratification ballot.

"There will be an informal consultation of party members over the weekend to give the voluntary party the opportunity to show, like the parliamentary party, that it is fully united behind the new Leader."
    I was doing some research on it this week, and that's what happened in 2003
    I thought that in 2003, only Howard was nominated at all; Davis (and everyone else) stood back before the vote rather than part way through.

I should have mentioned that 1965 was also like 1990: Heath didn't win by enough to take the leadership on the first round but Maudling and Powell withdrew so no second round was held.
    A statement from the Conservative Board said: "The Board has received overwhelming representations from the Party at large, and, in line with these representations, has decided not to initiate a formal postal ratification ballot.

"There will be an informal consultation of party members over the weekend to give the voluntary party the opportunity to show, like the parliamentary party, that it is fully united behind the new Leader."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3245561.stm
  • Options
    Pauly said:

twitter.com/andrealeadsom/status/751531686987501570

Two days in and it's already turned into a cat fight about children. The mistake was giving them the vote... :D

The voice of reason.

• Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,217
    Johnson OUT, Gove OUT, Leadsom, surely OUT

It's almost as if Remain won.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I'm sorry but I'm reasonably sure she was on the remain side of the argument during the campaign, however quietly...

We are all Leavers now. Don't tell Alastair.
  • Options
    Right - here's the real question - would Leadsom's attacks be valid if May had CHOSEN not to have children ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

You didn't get the memo. We're all Brexiteers now.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    HYUFD said:
    I see the paranoid string of Leavers are in full swing still - it doesn't matter who wanted Brexit before, we are getting Brexit now, and its about who can get the best deal. If that's Leadsome, fine, that's an opinion, but it's not a Remain vs Leave fight anymore.

I presume Remainstream media also includes media which was, in fact, for Leave. Remarkable.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

I've joined Tim's army. Fighting the rearguard remainian action !
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Yes
    Are you a credible referee?

• Options
    JohnO said:

Only if The Times have an audio recording....
  • Options

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Of course my children and grand children are the most precious part of our lives but to try to score points over someone who has been unable to experience the joy of children through no fault of their own is unacceptable, crass, and unbecoming of anyone seeking the highest office in the land
    Joy of children???

Clearly you've never had a child vomit into you face, mouth, eyes and nose when you're sleeping. I tell you, I didn't feel much joy opening my eyes and feeling them fill with a mixture stomach acid and semi-digested milk.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Some of the crew may have been press ganged aboard the good ship SS Brexit. Sorry about that.
  • Options

I'm away and commenting on a mobile is a right pain, but I had to sign in to say how utterly disgusted I am by Andrea Leadsom. I'm ashamed to be in the same party as her, and I hope she fucks off to UKIP after getting thrashed by TM.

:+1::+1:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Right - here's the real question - would Leadsom's attacks be valid if May had CHOSEN not to have children ?

Leadsom denies making any such attack.

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Shock and horror as politician accepts public will...
  • Options
    Let's be honest though, either candidate could be caught live saying the other was a stupid bitch and some people would be claiming it just shows the other side is scared, and how the remestablisment/trolls is out to get them and how the man/the idiots want you not to vote for the new messiah.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Ishmael_X said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Do you know the expression "non sequitur"?
    Yes. It's irrelevant here.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    I see the paranoid string of Leavers are in full swing still - it doesn't matter who wanted Brexit before, we are getting Brexit now, and its about who can get the best deal. If that's Leadsome, fine, that's an opinion, but it's not a Remain vs Leave fight anymore.

I presume Remainstream media also includes media which was, in fact, for Leave. Remarkable.
    The Times backed Remain. May will clearly win now, she was going to anyway even without this interview, take us into EFTA/EEA and probably do a free movement deal. Then the betrayal cries of the hardcore Leavers will arise and UKIP will aim to pick up where Leadsom left off
  • Options

JohnO said:

Surely any decent journalist worth their salt would have a recording of such powerful and potentially explosive words ?
  • Options

Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

As of now I don't believe her. But if she provides evidence to the contrary I will? If course, review my opinion

• Options

PlatoSaid said:

It's just muck raking.

Oh come on, I'm a great believer in live and let live but if you're trying to present yourself as the Prime Minister you can't be messaging women in that manner, his judgement is awful. And as somebody wearing his Christianity as a badge of honour he's an absolute hypocrite.

His "error" is worse than Leadsom's imo, I'd like to hear her side of the story before she gets hung out to dry.
    I'm really not that bothered. He's no longer a candidate, he hasn't done more than stupid flirting. I take a dim view of the woman for leaking it. Trying to hurt his marriage for what purpose?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,560
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/leadsoms-resume-controversy-overblown-her-former-supervisor-says-1468000457

Leadsom’s Résumé Controversy Overblown, Her Former Supervisor Says
    ‘I would never, ever doubt her honesty,” Invesco executive says of PM candidate
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

I've joined Tim's army. Fighting the rearguard remainian action !
    Are you sure 'army' is quite the right word?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @LordAshcroft: Some people open their mouths to change feet...
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,217
    edited July 2016

JohnO said:

...I know, I know, we mustn't gloat. At least not quite yet.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,353

*bewildered*

Yes, looking back I think Boris could have still gone for it. Gove's reputation has taken such a pounding that his critique of Boris could now be dismissed as the scurrilous barbs of a nasty schemer.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    John_M said:

Pulpstar said:

We are all Leavers now. Don't tell Alastair.
    Leave is Leave. We shall not rejoin the EU in the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    JohnO said:

LEAVE 52% (including yours truly!)
    REMAIN 48%

Suck it up, bitches! :lol:
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Joy of children???

Clearly you've never had a child vomit into you face, mouth, eyes and nose when you're sleeping. I tell you, I didn't feel much joy opening my eyes and feeling them fill with a mixture stomach acid and semi-digested milk.
    I loved my kids from ages 2.1 to 13.9 and from 17 years onwards. I'd have traded them for a small bag of glacier mints during the interregnums :).
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

19% Tier 1 capital ratio.

That is all. Thank you.
    We're not talking Deutsche, are we? :)
  • Options
  • Options
    houndtanghoundtang Posts: 450
    I think whichever of the two gets the job they will as Churchill said of Anthony Eden - 'be found out by the greatness of their office'.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,493
    Leadsom's odds haven't taken that much of a hit - her last traded price on Betfair was 5, though the range has come in to 4.7-4.9 since then.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Charles said:

Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

As of now I don't believe her. But if she provides evidence to the contrary I will? If course, review my opinion

She doesn't have a transcript herself, which Harry Cole finds odd, as all other leadership campaigns have a press officer sitting in on interviews, recording them for such a happenstance.

Andrea Leadsom truly is an amateur, and we want her to lead our Brexit negotiations?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Pauly said:
    Has she already forgotten what she said? :p

BTW - no value in popcorn shares.. they've surely peaked???
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Pulpstar said:

There are no people in this Tory contest who were advocating post referendum that we should Remain. The choice now is between what types of leave each candidate will seek to deliver, who has the best chance of delivering that vision, and also who would be better at the other aspects of government they will need to deal with. Could be May, could be Leadsome, but it's not an untruth to acknowledge Brexit is Brexit even if one was Remain before - even in the fevered dreams of some hoping for Brexit being overturned, whoever is Tory leader after Cameron could never attempt it.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Pauly said:
    If this true, her support will go up 5 points. Plus Tebbit's support.
  • Options

JohnO said:

Very unlikely in this day and age that there wont be audio. Indeed it would be astonishing.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

It's just muck raking.

I'm really not that bothered. He's no longer a candidate, he hasn't done more than stupid flirting. I take a dim view of the woman for leaking it. Trying to hurt his marriage for what purpose?
    Fair point, who knows what happened but he must be a complete fool to put himself in that situation. I suspect the spare bedroom will be busy for a while.
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549

Charles said:

Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

She doesn't have a transcript herself, which Harry Cole finds odd, as all other leadership campaigns have a press officer sitting in on interviews, recording them for such a happenstance.

Andrea Leadsom truly is an amateur, and we want her to lead our Brexit negotiations?
    Is there an option to trade her away?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

For some traditionalist Tories certainly, for them the family is pivotal but I think a majority would not care, certainly in today's world and especially because May had such a busy and high powered career it would have been difficult to juggle a family too
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

It's just muck raking.

Agreed 100%. She said some foolish things - in all likelihood - without realising how they'd be interpreted.

He... ummm... propositioned someone over WhatsApp weeks before running for the leadership.

Classy.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @williamglenn

'://www.wsj.com/articles/leadsoms-resume-controversy-overblown-her-former-supervisor-says-1468000457

Leadsom’s Résumé Controversy Overblown, Her Former Supervisor Says
    ‘I would never, ever doubt her honesty,” Invesco executive says of PM candidate '

Oh dear, not what the frothers wanted to hear,they will now try to trash the reputation of her supervisor.

• Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    corporeal said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Surely it's not far removed from the suspect who moves from "I didn't do it" to "You can't prove I did it"
  • Options
    wasdwasd Posts: 276
    Pauly said:

Her twitter description is... "MP for South Northamptonshire. Wife, Mother. Leave campaigner. If I can help, please email or see my website."

Does anyone know a way of checking if this is a recent change or precedes the contest?...

Wayback suggests it was there as far back as 2014.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

I'm quite happy to do a trade with UKIP, Leadsom for Carswell
  • Options
    Don;t want to worry the May fans on here,what if the Time's has got it wrong ;-)

Buy leadsom ;-)

Just let it end FFS.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

JohnO said:

Well I think this little storm is likely to lead the news tomorrow, so we should have interview with Ms Leadsom, and the Times journo responsible. Hopefully a recording too.
  • Options

Leadsom's odds haven't taken that much of a hit - her last traded price on Betfair was 5, though the range has come in to 4.7-4.9 since then.

You could still get about 3-1 for Brexit at 3am on 24th June.

I think betting odds as a forecast for election results are slightly less reliable than reading tealeaves at the bottom of your cup
This discussion has been closed.