Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Team Corbyn shouldn’t assume that he’ll get “three quidder

15678911»

Comments

• Options

Jobabob said:

As a patriot and a proud British citizen I am extremely dismayed by the way our country has descended into complete farce. I would take May + EEA + FOM now. Corbyn, Boris and their fellow narcissists should form their own party. Those of us who care about the health of our country should form another.

?
    The country voted Leave. Not Remain. Live with it.
    Define Leave

We seem to have a panoply of positions on the Leave side that range from no negotiated single market access and no FoM all the way through to EUlite. So whilst 17 million were marking a cross against a single word I very much doubt any of them had a coherent view on what it really meant (by coherent I mean shared). So now we have posturing UKIP (with Farage doing his best to smooth our negotiation path) and a cowed Tory party that in parts seems to wish this whole thing would go away. Very much like the England football team - no post qualification plan, no clear strategy. No wonder the "soft" leavers (of which I'm sure there are a good many) are worried and a little remorseful. To me it seems like a god-awful cocktail of incompetence and hubris. (quote from a previous post of mine)
  • Options

Under QTWAIN, could Farron become Prime Minister?
    Lib Dems largest party at the election, Farron new Prime Minister.

:smiley: PMSL
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,828
    Almost any Labour MP can now break the deadlock - they just need to say they'll run.

I made a mistake some while ago on betfair. Somehow I finished up backing Matthew Pennycook in a couple of quid at some rubbishy old price.

Seize the day Mr Pennycook!

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,667

Bundestag seems to be going ballistic about the trade deal between Canada and the EU.

Junker has told German Parliament it has nothing to do with them and is an EU matter so butt out. Germans not taking well to being slapped down and heavily criticising Junker

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/europaeische-union/reaktion-auf-ceta-der-unglaublich-toerichte-juncker-14315300.html

They should have supported Dave when he said no to Junker. We'd probably still be in the EU and they wouldn't be staring down the barrel of the gun of break up.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,030
    This is the antithesis of the Diadochi. There were a dozen or so brilliant, intelligent, ruthless, bold men (and women) all clamouring for power when Alexander died.

Poor Labour. They all want someone to charge, but nobody wants to lead it.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987
    Labour has given up.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @MattW

'Hmmm. Wheels coming off the Remainiac Stirring Wagon.

Nippy Nicky given the brush off by Spain.'

She got her photo with Schultz.

A phone call to Spain would have saved her the journey,instead the taxpayer picks up the bill for her grandstanding.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited June 2016
    My interpretation is that both Angela Eagle and Tom Watson want to enter the contest against Corbyn, but neither wants to be the one who formally starts the challenge.

You'd have thought the plotters would have sorted this out before the synchronised resignations and vote of no confidence, but heigh-ho...
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,714

Good grief. Is there no one in the Labour party willing to put their head above the parapet?

No
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    Lowlander said:

I think Sarah Smith's summary on the BBC News pretty much gets the Scottish picture right (and she is a strong anti-SNP advocate).

Either Nicola gets a deal and keeps Scotland in the UK while the rest of the UK leaves and comes back a hero. Or she can't get agreement on a deal and has an overwhelming mandate for a second referendum.

It's win/win.

Spain and France's statements today (from their doomed and soon to be replaced leaders) only hasten the time scale on a second referendum.

its always a victory.

but really shes in a corner of her own painting.

EU rules cant be bent so a deal is an outside hope whether in or out of the UK. Likewise Ive yet to hear an argument why an organisation in crisis would want Scotland at this time.

Youre not the prize you think you are.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,333
    edited June 2016
    When the Shadow Cabinet organized their mass resignation, did they not plan between them for at least a stalking horse? Or have people got cold feet?
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, I told you. Labour's got no Balls.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    I thought they just needed to hand in 50 odd letters to the chair of the PLP to trigger leadership contest? Why is a candidate needed at this stage?
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941

This is the antithesis of the Diadochi. There were a dozen or so brilliant, intelligent, ruthless, bold men (and women) all clamouring for power when Alexander died.

UK Labour needs their own Kezia Dugdale. Someone so utterly bereft of intellect that they do not understand the sh*tstorm they are walking into.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    John McDonnell is now second favourite to be next Labour leader on Betfair.
  • Options

My interpretation is that both Angela Eagle and Tom Watson want to enter the contest against Corbyn, but neither wants to be the one who formally starts the challenge.

You'd have thought the plotters would have sorted this out before the synchronised resignations and vote of no confidence, but heigh-ho...

Yes. At least we know how to do regicide properly.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,292
    Lowlander said:

UK Labour needs their own Kezia Dugdale. Someone so utterly bereft of intellect that they do not understand the sh*tstorm they are walking into.
    Lady Nugee for the win.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Freggles said:

I thought they just needed to hand in 50 odd letters to the chair of the PLP to trigger leadership contest? Why is a candidate needed at this stage?

They need 51 letters nominating the same candidate.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,925
    Evening all :)

My preferred option is and always has been EFTA membership on a basis akin to Switzerland with bilateral agreements with the EU. Britain re-joining EFTA would transform the organisation and would provide an alternative model(s) for those wishing to leave the EU whether they choose to work with the EEA (Norway) or not (Switzerland).

I can't support Freedom of Movement for the reasons I mentioned earlier and nor can I support the Single Market. Both represent an erosion of our control and neither operates wholly to our advantage.

That doesn't mean we can't negotiate a mutually advantageous economic relationship with the EU but it does recognise the social, cultural and economic problems of migration. It's all very well having strict rules governing access to benefits but once people are here and sleeping under the North Circular Road, it's too late.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,828
    The MP for Tooting should declare herself as a leadership candidate.

Doing so makes her rich and famous - it may also just about make her Leader of the Labour party.

Anyone have her phone number?
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662

Mr. Rose, Labour simply needs to augment its message distribution mechanisms and enhance internal party morale via a graduated process of reconciliation and mutual acceptance.

That's literally existential!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

As a patriot and a proud British citizen I am extremely dismayed by the way our country has descended into complete farce. I would take May + EEA + FOM now. Corbyn, Boris and their fellow narcissists should form their own party. Those of us who care about the health of our country should form another.

While May wouldn't have been my first choice before Brexit, it is completely acceptable to me as well. Boris will have to deal with the poisoned chalice of the Leave bullshit while she could disown it relatively easily.
    You've got it in a nutshell there. If Boris were PM every PMQs would start with a question about the extra £350 million a week for the NHS.
    Simple solution: Give it to the NHS.
    Can't do that while maintaining EU subsidies and spending programmes in the UK. It was bullshit then and bullshit now. If they had stuck with £100m extra for the NHS it may have been deliverable. £350m per week is not.
    Yep. £100 million a week is very much doable. £5.2 billion a year. Still leaves £3.3 billion a year for other stuff even whilst maintaining all the EU grants etc.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Lowlander

'Spain and France's statements today (from their doomed and soon to be replaced leaders) only hasten the time scale on a second referendum.'

Go for it ,why the wait ?
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/748207746319814656

Quite. The current batch of Labour MPs would embarrass a blancmange with their gelatinous wobbling.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,333
    edited June 2016
    I'm going, no staying, going, well maybe, perhaps, staying, going, I will challenge you for leader, no no no, oh Hi Jez, I'm just nipping to Costa, usual Soya milk latte?
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941
    Reporting Scotland just showed David McAllister and David Coburn having a rammy outside the European Parliament.

What a time to be alive.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Good grief. Is there no one in the Labour party willing to put their head above the parapet?

If they lose, whoever it is, then the Labour party is toast.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,584

John McDonnell is now second favourite to be next Labour leader on Betfair.

Changed again. Now he's 4th,
  • Options
    madasafishmadasafish Posts: 659

When the Shadow Cabinet organized their mass resignation, did they not plan between them for at least a stalking horse? Or have people got cold feet?

They have the courage of a hyena and the brains of a chicken.And they are part of Labour's problem.
    Immigration?: they are for it.

Working class?: never been there - with a few exceptions.
    Rich ? Yes: see Benn and white van woman.And Umana. And lots more.
    At least Corbyn has balls. Labour MPs are lemmings.All jump over the same cliff together..

The best thing for them is to leave and see if people will vote for them...

Don't take this as support for Corbyn.. But the Labour Party is about 50 years out of date: hence the crisis.

• Options
    Andy Burnham can currently be backed on Betfair for next Labour leader at 17.

Was his conspicuous display of loyalty an example of getting behind the man the more effectively to stab him in the back?
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Let's just say there is another "think again" referendum in true EU style..... Let's just say that after the votes are counted Remain then win 52 to 48.

What then?

Is that result then binding and can never be overturned or will we then have leavers calling foul and we go for the best of three?

Another referendum is easy to arrange but any reversing of the original outcome is going to spell an absolute shitstorm for someone.

Genuine question
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Is Labour so short of leadership material willing to take the risk of challenging Corbyn?
  • Options

Was his conspicuous display of loyalty an example of getting behind the man the more effectively to stab him in the back?

Trying to read anything into Lab Leadership odds at the moment is a fools errand.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,099
  • Options
    Mr. Rose, one acknowledges receipt of your feedback and will appropriately register it in the positive file pertaining to external communication relationships.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

While May wouldn't have been my first choice before Brexit, it is completely acceptable to me as well. Boris will have to deal with the poisoned chalice of the Leave bullshit while she could disown it relatively easily.
    We should negotiate for EEA+ migration changes so that the EU backs EEA as their position. If we try to start with EEA as our position we will be negotiated down from there. Then we can fall back to EEA if necessary.
    We can try but we'll never get it without giving up a big prize like the single market for services (including the financial passport).
    Mr. Max, I find the idea that the UK will have to accept a non-specific agreement laughable. We are much too big a market to be forced to accept a EEA settlement. Even Switzerland hasn't done that.

Yes there will be negotiations and I don't for one one moment think that we could get everything we would like but, unless our negotiating team are completely useless (always a possibility- see Cameron's effort) we should get a good deal. However, we have to be prepared to walk away - resort to WTO rules and that is it.

P.S. Forget the single market in services. It doesn't exist now because the French and Germans don't want it. It will not happen in the future.
  • Options
    Reek being brought in for a new round Ramsay's games?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Then they might have thought about that before they launched the charge of the light brigade.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,117
    What have these people been doing for the past 4 days?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Trying to read anything into Lab Leadership odds at the moment is a fools errand.
    One might have other motives.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Alistair said:

Then they might have thought about that before they launched the charge of the light brigade.
    Foolishly they thought a leader who had lost the confidence of the parliamentary party would do the decent thing
  • Options
    ChelyabinskChelyabinsk Posts: 488
    Funny how things come round again, isn't it?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,618

Labour has given up.

"This is a day long to be remembered. It has seen the end of Cameron. It shall soon see the end of Labour!"
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited June 2016

The one to stick the knife in will be Mcdonnell.

It will take Jeremy some time to realise he's been stabbed.
  • Options

Mr. Rose, one acknowledges receipt of your feedback and will appropriately register it in the positive file pertaining to external communication relationships.

:)
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    kle4 said:
    frothy coffee delivery man probably
  • Options

Alistair said:

More like the charge of the light in the head brigade
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,540
    edited June 2016
    To answer @MaxPB's question, EEA as is would suit me because this is where we are starting from.

I would vaguely wonder why we had swapped an inside negotiating position for a peripheral or nonexistent negotiating position but that was then and I'm not so worried about the ECJ opining on kettle specifications. And of course they still will so opine (and we of course all know that of the "70%" of our laws, "made in the EU", around 65% are just such specifications, but I digress).

How that is sold to the country? Free movement an' all? With care and honesty for a start. For a start.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Foolishly they thought a leader who had lost the confidence of the parliamentary party would do the decent thing
    That was foolish. There was never the slightest sign that the current leadership were going to pay any attention to MPs.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,673
    Jobabob said:

Great idea - I think I've found your National Executive Committee: https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2799888.main_image.jpg
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024
    kle4 said:
    Burnham and Winterton about to resign?
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    edited June 2016
    Note to Peston

You are on a National channel.

Get a fecking tie, a shave and tidy yourself up you a scruffy little git
  • Options

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

We should negotiate for EEA+ migration changes so that the EU backs EEA as their position. If we try to start with EEA as our position we will be negotiated down from there. Then we can fall back to EEA if necessary.
    We can try but we'll never get it without giving up a big prize like the single market for services (including the financial passport).
    Mr. Max, I find the idea that the UK will have to accept a non-specific agreement laughable. We are much too big a market to be forced to accept a EEA settlement. Even Switzerland hasn't done that.

Yes there will be negotiations and I don't for one one moment think that we could get everything we would like but, unless our negotiating team are completely useless (always a possibility- see Cameron's effort) we should get a good deal. However, we have to be prepared to walk away - resort to WTO rules and that is it.

P.S. Forget the single market in services. It doesn't exist now because the French and Germans don't want it. It will not happen in the future.
    Hurst, I'll put it to you, restricting free movement is treating the symptoms of mass migration. We need to treat he causes, until we have an education system that puts out school leavers and graduates who are suitable for the workplace and a benefits system which incentiveses work and doesn't make it pay for immigrants to come here and claim housing benefits, working tax credits for low paid jobs, child tax credits ans child benefits for two or three children etc...
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me why Nicky Morgan is even being mentioned in the context of the Tory leadership? Surely even she knows she isn't up to it - or is she hoping that by standing she might just cling onto her cabinet job? In either case I think she'll be disappointed.
  • Options
    If they tried to overrule democracy by asking again until they got the right answer, democracy would have broken down in this country. It is one of the few situations I would consider rioting legitimate.
  • Options
    Mr. Rose, she believes to think she is up to it.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    TudorRose said:

Can anyone tell me why Nicky Morgan is even being mentioned in the context of the Tory leadership? Surely even she knows she isn't up to it - or is she hoping that by standing she might just cling onto her cabinet job? In either case I think she'll be disappointed.

john baron is standing

you might as well have mad nad on the ballot...
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,292
    edited June 2016
    TOPPING said:

To answer @MaxPB's question, EEA as is would suit me because this is where we are starting from.

I would vaguely wonder why we had swapped an inside negotiating position for a peripheral or nonexistent negotiating position but that was then and I'm not so worried about the ECJ opining on kettle specifications. And of course they still will so opine (and we of course all know that of the "70%" of our laws, "made in the EU", around 65% are just such specifications, but I digress).

How that is sold to the country? Free movement an' all? With care and honesty for a start. For a start.

I can't quite believe that any British government would sign up to something that would give Farage the freedom to campaign on exactly the same platform and even increase his support, in return for an arrangement that many people would say is arguably worse for us.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024

That would have required thinking and planning, something that seems to be in rather short supply in what was the shadow cabinet.
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

0 nominations so far. So it's going well.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

I can't quite believe that any British government would sign up to something that would give Farage the freedom to campaign on exactly the same platform and even increase his support, in return for something that many people would say is arguably worse for us.
    Let him bang on about it and let the government reform the benefits system so that work pays but we don't pay people who have jobs any benefits and tax credits, those are the biggest pull factor.
  • Options
    Yvette now 2nd fav. Somebody know something?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited June 2016
    JackW said:

A few weeks ago, I promised everyone in my non PB life that after June 24th, I would cut down on my interest in politics and focus on other things for a few months.

That's working out brilliantly so far.

In contrast Mrs JackW has allowed me greater access to the site as she reflected that she hadn't see me laugh so much in weeks subsequent to the events of Friday morning.

:smiley:

Good on her!

Rest the ARSE and the TOTY for the TOTY4EU*

*Troll of the year for Euro Ungulates
  • Options
    Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Mr. Alistair, that's tasty. Have you hedged?

Nope
    Well if the government backs EEA membership you might get a good opportunity to do so.
    That is my presumption. I'm expecting a "Great Betrayal " narrative before the next election for UKIP. That would offer far vakue on the lay then. A snap General Election will mess me up think.
    The problem is that the Blue Kippers care about getting sovereignty back and won't feel betrayed. The Red Kippers care about immigration and will feel betrayed. Its the worst possible world for Labour.
  • Options

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

• Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,960
    Maybe we can Draft the Mogg for leader with a PBGrassRootsTory campaign...
  • Options

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

That was foolish. There was never the slightest sign that the current leadership were going to pay any attention to MPs.
    Well, quite.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Yvette now 2nd fav. Somebody know something?

A (former Cobynista) Labour councillor posted this on Facebook:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/28/jeremy-corbyn-no-vision-post-brexit-uk-yvette-cooper?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options
    If this carries on, might we see Nick Palmer ex MP ENOBLED so he can take on a cabinet role?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,540

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

surbiton said:

surbiton said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

That Credit Suisse prediction is just horrible.

We have to accept this is a major fucking EEA, STAY

The house is catching on fire and we're squabbling in the kitchen about whose turn it is to put out the bins

It may well be simple. May and Johnson will say EEA. The new Labour leader, if there is one, might be Stay. There may be an election, but, either way, most of the access to the single market will be retained.
    But we can't even accept EEA on the terms threatened by France - loss of passporting.

There is no question of accepting EEA membership on any particular terms.

If we take the EEA route it will be on the current terms including freedom of movement, passporting etc. Those terms are defined by treaty and cannot be changed for any member without being changed for all.
    If that is the case, then why Leave ?
    We have listed the advantages of leaving so many times before that I am not going to bother repeating them for you yet again.
    One was no free movement of people.
    Not for Richard. He is one of the Enlightened Ones that will happily accept the betrayal of the desires of the majority of the Leave voters (foreigners out) because he sees a more elegant solution in some supposed EEA arrangement.

Although why being vetoed by Norway is a superior state of affairs to being vetoed by France, or outvoted by France and Poland, is anyone's guess.
    Because we cannot be outvoted by anyone if we are in EFTA. There is no QMV and all votes have to be unanimous.

Baring betrayal by the politicians we are now on our way out of the EU. This means that the decision on where to proceed must be made on behalf of all the electorate, not just the 23% who have said they would not want the EFTA route.
    My understanding, and it has lapsed of late, is that EU laws must be accepted or rejected by the EEA before being written into the EEA agreement (or not).

What happens if Norway and the UK differ on one particular EU law or another being written into the EEA agreement?
    If anyone does not accept it then it is vetoed.

Norway has recently done this with proposals to include oil and gas regulation in the EEA Agreement.
    So the EEA route Norway has sovereignty over us?
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Note to Peston

You are on a National channel.

Get a fecking tie, a shave and tidy yourself up you a scruffy little git

What is the point at which Pestonesque scruffiness (and I agree with you) becomes Crabblike stylish bewhiskeredness?
  • Options

Bundestag seems to be going ballistic about the trade deal between Canada and the EU.

Junker has told German Parliament it has nothing to do with them and is an EU matter so butt out. Germans not taking well to being slapped down and heavily criticising Junker

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/europaeische-union/reaktion-auf-ceta-der-unglaublich-toerichte-juncker-14315300.html

Safer, Stronger, More Prosperous in.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,322
    edited June 2016
    I think it has been the general consensus on here up until now that a Con PM could in practice call a snap GE as Labour could hardly duck the opportunity of a return to power - so Lab MPs would allow the PM to get round the Fixed Term Parliament Act.

However, with Lab in all this turmoil, surely Lab "backbench" MPs (ie the vast majority of Lab MPs) would say "No, you can't call a GE right now, until we've sorted ourselves out". They wouldn't have to specify how long that would be but the effect would be to prevent the snap GE.

Going down the other route of actually repealing the FTPA is a non-starter as it couldn't be done rapidly due to the Lords.

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,099
    Watching Watson's words about not standing for Leader and whether he challenged Corbyn to resign, two things jumped out at me.

1 - He talked about McDonnell quite a bit. '[McDonnell and Corbyn] are a team' [McDonnell] speaks for Jeremy'. Part of me wondered if that was clever politics, trying to suggest to the Corbynites that changing to McDonnell as leader would not be a big difference and so acceptable to them, and so hopefully convince them to get Corbyn to stand down.

2 - He said the felt one of the prerequisites of being deputy is never wanting to be Leader. Huh? The whole point would be if the Leader is gone, or has to go, you can step up.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

Indeed. That's way it has to be May. For the good of the country.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Jobabob said:

?
    The country voted Leave. Not Remain. Live with it.
    We did vote Leave - there are many options within that label.
    As this forum clearly shows. The idea that a vote for Leave is a vote for a Red BNP prospectus of zero immigration, unlimited welfare payments and an ultra rich NHS staffed by Harley Street doctors and supermodel nurses is palpable nonsense.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,094
    edited June 2016

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

Technically

OLD THREAD RESURRECTED

• Options
    Moses_ said:

McDonnell
    Let's have a comradely debate about Labour leadership because at the moment the Tory party is "tearing itself apart"

HahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahahaHahahahahaha
    HahahahahahaHahahahahaha

Oh my aching sides stop please stop it !!

Hahahahahaha

Indeed. You could not write that script. The guy is an effing clown.
  • Options

Under QTWAIN, could Farron become Prime Minister?

As unlikely as it seems to go from 8 MPs to Downing Street this past year has seen a lot of unlikely events happen. What are the odds that the following could happen:

Corbyn (or a Corbynite like McDonnell) wins re-election
    Mandatory reselection is pushed on the Labour Party as the Corbynites revenge on this failed coup.
    Seeing the writing on the wall, and because of the failure of the SDP over a hundred Labour MPs defect to the Lib Dems, making them the second largest party and Farron is now Leader of the Opposition.
    The Tories fail to agree and implement a Brexit in time for the next election.
    Leader of the Opposition Farron leads a centrist Remain quasi-referendum campaign in the subsequent election.
    Leave votes split between EEA-backing Tories and End Free Movement-backing UKIP. Rump Labour fading away to obscurity.
    Lib Dems largest party at the election, Farron new Prime Minister.

Where do I sign up?
  • Options
    How is life in the Falconer bunker?!
  • Options
    Was there a PMQs today and if so who was called? Been out all day, trying to catch up
  • Options
    Has anyone in the PLP had any sleep since Sunday?
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    TOPPING said:

So the EEA route Norway has sovereignty over us?

They cannot force laws onto us. Only refuse to allow us to force laws on them. Sounds ideal to me.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    Jobabob said:

How is life in the Falconer bunker?!

No-one seems to answer my question - has Falconer resigned yet?
This discussion has been closed.