Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The final polling chart

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281
    EU don't own me.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    My mum just revealed her friend, who works at the polling station and has done so for many elections, reckons in the first hour they get as many voters as for a whole 'other' election. I asked but she didn't specify if that meant a council/European/General Election.

Even so, it suggests high turnout. I would guess this area will be fairly heavily Leave.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    edited June 2016
    Loving EU Is A Dirty Job.

Edited extra bit: I Hate Myself For Loving EU
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Sam Webber
    @samdwebber

Experienced clerk in a Dorset polling station predicts turnout there by 10pm (incl postal votes already received) between 78% - 82%. #EUref

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 1 min1 minute ago

Some places in Leicestershire seeing record turnout too and record postal votes, I'm told

I'm not entirely sure this is over.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    MikeL said:

Turnout described as steady when I cast my friend's proxy vote for them in Oakmere Ward Potters Bar about 30 minutes ago.
    Will let you know about Parkfield ward when I cat my own vote before retreating to the pub.

I voted at St Marys Church Hall on The Walk about an hour ago - seem to recall that's also your polling station.

All 10 names either side of mine on the sheet were marked as having voted. Polling staff said turnout steady but looking at the sheet as a whole it looked as if at least 50% had already voted.
    But are people looking bloody-minded (vote Leave) or fearful (remain) as they go into the polling stations. Only 7 hours to the first results!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481

New Thread New Thread

• Options

Thanks everyone. I blame my lack of knowledge on the fact that Mrs J claims Dr Who is not real sci fi.

So in these quiet hours before the polls close. If:
    *) Cameron is Han Solo (always wins, but you wonder whose side he is on),
    *) May is Princess Leia (good administrator with a steel backbone) and
    *) Boris is Jar Jar Binks (joke character that should no be taken seriously who somehow gets power),

then who is Farage?

Surely, Farage is Jar Jar Binks - the most annoyingly punchable character in the whole damned saga?

Depends which perspective you see it from. From my POV nobody is more punchable than them 2 little elitist Shite Hawks Kinnock and Straw.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,035

Sam Webber
    @samdwebber

Experienced clerk in a Dorset polling station predicts turnout there by 10pm (incl postal votes already received) between 78% - 82%. #EUref

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 1 min1 minute ago

Some places in Leicestershire seeing record turnout too and record postal votes, I'm told

I'm not entirely sure this is over.

It isn't.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Balls. I think the Labour North West heartlands have come out in sufficient numbers to win this for Leave.

Based on one phone call just now

Wow. If that happens all the Leave supporters can thank Corbyn for his half-hearted Remain campaign ;)
    You can still get 4-1 but you wont get the 6-1 I got at Lunchtime
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

A EU to a Kill...

EU-rhythmics?
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

Balls. I think the Labour North West heartlands have come out in sufficient numbers to win this for Leave.

Based on one phone call just now

Someone in the know? Any further details?
    Just someone I trust. They are hoping for a recovery after work.
    Just because turn-out is high, doesn't say anything about which way the vote is going.

I'll be happy just knowing that lots of usual non-voters are turning out for this, whichever way it goes.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    LucyJones said:

If anyone is interested and has a spare minute (the latter part probably applies to just about everyone posting here!), I have set up a survey via survey monkey. Only 2 questions - who do you want to win, and who do you think will win. All anonymous. Would be interesting to see a summary of what pb.com thinks,this close to the end:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2VY7XY8

Thanks.

Responed to your survey. Brext and narrow 'bremain' wim.
This discussion has been closed.