Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The final polling chart

Comments

• Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    edited June 2016

I should know this, but what's the bottom-left piccie from?
    The TimeLords from Doctor Who

(And welcome back)
    Got the 12 inch somewhere AND the 7 inch on my jukebox - quality.... ish

oh hang on, not the smash 80s classic from KLF
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    kle4 said:

John_M said:

kle4 said:

Mr. Eagles, that's mostly good, except I bet Darth Vader would be a more popular leader than Juncker by a mile.

If you leave out the throttlings, I'm sure he was an effective man manager. A wiz with spreadsheets too, I'd bet.

That said, the emperor was far more impressive - he manipulated into being a galactic civil war such that no matter which side won, he would be in charge and with more power, then ruled with an impressive degree of control for 20 years. It was a good run, brought down by a blindspot toward teddy bears.
    Darth Vader was the greatest project manager of all time, don't even argue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cl7cxopNjg
    John_M said:

kle4 said:

Mr. Eagles, that's mostly good, except I bet Darth Vader would be a more popular leader than Juncker by a mile.

If you leave out the throttlings, I'm sure he was an effective man manager. A wiz with spreadsheets too, I'd bet.

That said, the emperor was far more impressive - he manipulated into being a galactic civil war such that no matter which side won, he would be in charge and with more power, then ruled with an impressive degree of control for 20 years. It was a good run, brought down by a blindspot toward teddy bears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cl7cxopNjg
    Only because he was able to call on the authority of his boss.
    Good project managers always have their management onside. And in this case, what a manager!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022

Mr. D, bah, Palpatine was a figurehead, Vader's the chap who actually got his hands dirty.

Mr. T, when Yorkshire was flooded in 2007 a chap got trapped. Foot in a drain or something. He didn't drown, he died from exposure (rescuers provided a snorkel, effectively, so he could breathe, but they couldn't free him and he was surrounded by water for hours).

Na, he was controlling Vader, right until the moment he wasn't ;)
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    DearPB said:

Sorry to sound like Sian Lloyd but I have never seen rain like this and I've lived in the sub-tropics.

During hurricanes in the US, they give us the rain in 'inches per hour'. Worst I've been in was >5"/hr. Buckets. Worst storm was 12" in a day.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838

(And welcome back)
    Which rogue Eurocrat is the Doctor?

Peter Mandelson is the Master, clearly.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,211
    SeanT said:

rcs1000 said:

stjohn said:

If Turkey join the EU tomorrow or next week, that's going to annoy a few voters.

And you think that neither Greece nor Cyprus would veto?

Really?

I mean, even if Turkey was willing to change to join the EU (which they're not), it is genuinely inconceivable that it would not be vetoed in Nicosia.

According to the editor of the Cyprus Mail "it would literal suicide for any Cypriot politician to accept Turkey in the EU". He wasn't talking about political suicide, he meant that a politician who accepted Turkey - which invaded Cyprus in living memory, and which has thousand of troops garrisoned there and which has never given any compensation to those who lost property (or worse) - would be killed.
    Yes, that's bollocks. Turkey isn't going to join for 10 years at least.

LEAVE lied about that.

But Cameron lied about his attitude to Turkish membership, and he lied about "Year 3000".

And, more importantly, Turkey is very close to getting visa-free EU travel, the same Turkey which consorts with ISIS and various other jihadists in the ME, and shares a notably porous border with the Caliphate.
    Visa free access to Schengen, not the EU. There's no such thing as an EU visa.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Vey slow news today. No footie, no cricket. Glasto starts tomorrow. Anything else going on?

We were all agreeing that the 1980s BBC election theme was the best. Apart from that, not much else!
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,189
    SeanT said:

DearPB said:

Sorry to sound like Sian Lloyd but I have never seen rain like this and I've lived in the sub-tropics.

It's incredible. People are going to drown. Seriously.
    Boris runs London for 8 years without incident. Khan has had it for a month - and it washes into the sea....
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,203
    edited June 2016
    John_M said:

kle4 said:

(Snip)
    He's caused less damage than some project managers I know ...
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,575

IanB2 said:

PlatoSaid said:

AndyJS said:

Sean_F said:

I'm officially calling this referendum for Remain or Leave, no one else is going to win

You can't rule out the exact dead heat

If it's a dead heat, Remain wins.
    If it's a dead heat they'll call for a recount.
    I read elsewhere that there's no legal basis for a national recount :open_mouth:
    There are counting agents for both sides.

Surely they could ask for a recount. But there might be a time limit and only the last counting district would know it is a draw - Western Isles?
    As I understand it the normal rules providing for local recounts don't apply. So it doesn't matter how close the result might be in Council X, the results are sent off to be added to the national count.

Surely there would be no point in having local counting agents if they could not request a recount?

Of course only the last district to count would have the chance to know national result would be a draw or close.
    Local counting agents are there to oversee the counting process, confirm that there is no observable fraud, watch the counting of the votes and ensure that this is done correctly/challenge the counters on any observed errors, and identify any potentially doubtful votes for adjudication by the RO in consultation with the campaign agents. There isn't any provision for a recount AIUI.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    kle4 said:

I always rather liked the Lord Jabba.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,986
    Monsoon in Borough right now. It's like the rain gets in Hong Kong.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    Mr. Wanderer, Hannan?

Farage as Colin Baker :p
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,689
    edited June 2016
    Wanderer said:

(And welcome back)
    Which rogue Eurocrat is the Doctor?

Peter Mandelson is the Master, clearly.
    Cameron is Tennant, Boris is Colin Baker, and the leave campaign is The Rani
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,575
    MTimT said:

DearPB said:

During hurricanes in the US, they give us the rain in 'inches per hour'. Worst I've been in was >5"/hr. Buckets. Worst storm was 12" in a day.
    It does seem a bit wet outside
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

IMHO, for Leave to win, it has to be government policy. Having the governmental machine, together the popular press behind one argument is a very formidable combination.

I used to think that, but this referendum looks to be close enough to indicate that Leave could easily have won it (assuming that they haven't, of course), if only they'd been more serious about the economy.

They've probably thrown away the best chance in a generation, because of that error.
    I think that any economic proposals put forward by Leave can easily be dismissed as unworkable by the Treasury. And a government can call in favours from other heads of government, all making the case that the economic proposals are completely unworkable. In my view, therefore, Leave had to fight with the best weapon it had - in this case public concern over large-scale immigration.
    I disagree with that. By focusing on immigration Leave played to people who were in the main voting that way to start with. Families with mortgages and children needed reassurance about the future and that was notable by its absence. A big mistake.
  • Options
    On my journey home from Cheshunt this afternoon I saw an open top bus for the Leave campaign. I gave them a hoot and a thumbs up.
  • Options
    PaulyPauly Posts: 897
    rcs1000 said:

SeanT said:

rcs1000 said:

stjohn said:

If Turkey join the EU tomorrow or next week, that's going to annoy a few voters.

And you think that neither Greece nor Cyprus would veto?

Really?

I mean, even if Turkey was willing to change to join the EU (which they're not), it is genuinely inconceivable that it would not be vetoed in Nicosia.

According to the editor of the Cyprus Mail "it would literal suicide for any Cypriot politician to accept Turkey in the EU". He wasn't talking about political suicide, he meant that a politician who accepted Turkey - which invaded Cyprus in living memory, and which has thousand of troops garrisoned there and which has never given any compensation to those who lost property (or worse) - would be killed.
    Yes, that's bollocks. Turkey isn't going to join for 10 years at least.

LEAVE lied about that.

But Cameron lied about his attitude to Turkish membership, and he lied about "Year 3000".

And, more importantly, Turkey is very close to getting visa-free EU travel, the same Turkey which consorts with ISIS and various other jihadists in the ME, and shares a notably porous border with the Caliphate.
    Visa free access to Schengen, not the EU. There's no such thing as an EU visa.
    Don't tempt them. Probably best you the moderators delete this comment incase the eurocrats see it and get the idea themselves.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,823
    I'm sure there must be a more unpleasant Sci-Fi villain than Vader. How about Donald Pleasance in the Fantastic Voyage? Or anyone that appeared in Weird Science other than Kelly LeBrock?

I can't actually imagine anyone much at all likes Juncker in the UK.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    taffys said:

One of the highlights of the campaign for me has been the outstanding reporting of John Harris. Surprising perhaps for a thatcherite tory to be praising a Guardian journalist, but his writing has been excellent, and provides much food for thought for leaver and remainer alike. Remainers particularly.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/23/united-kingdom-two-nations-political-chasm-left

Agreed.

He is the anti-Polly.

• Options
    DearPB said:

SeanT said:

DearPB said:

It's incredible. People are going to drown. Seriously.
    Quick - go save the pretty girl
    She's already tucked up - with an excellent glass of wine and a post-coital fag.

As to whether she is safe....
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    betfair 5.9
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753

Human Resources on the Death Star was a nightmare. The complaints, the bullying. The serious breaches of workers rights. Health and safety.

There was even a lengthy and expensive court case on whether using the Force to kill that admiral was technically murder. Vader simply claimed he never touched the guy.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,027

Monsoon in Borough right now. It's like the rain gets in Hong Kong.

Borough ?

Middlesborough ?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I've witnessed a real cloudburst. Once you've seen one of those, today's effort is just very heavy rain.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Balls. I think the Labour North West heartlands have come out in sufficient numbers to win this for Leave.

Based on one phone call just now
  • Options
    El_DaveEl_Dave Posts: 145
    Omnium said:

I'm sure there must be a more unpleasant Sci-Fi villain than Vader. How about Donald Pleasance in the Fantastic Voyage? Or anyone that appeared in Weird Science other than Kelly LeBrock?

Kelly LeBrock was awesome.

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,506
    I am still in shock that this thread header was not The final countdown.

I think remain or at least TSE are losing their focus.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Human Resources on the Death Star was a nightmare. The complaints, the bullying. The serious breaches of workers rights. Health and safety.

There was even a lengthy and expensive court case on whether using the Force to kill that admiral was technically murder. Vader simply claimed he never touched the guy.

Health and Safety would have put some chicken wire over that vent opening, if they hadn't been dicking around...
  • Options

It's from Doctor Who, showing the High Council of the Time Lords, a society resembling an Oxbridge college, but with near absolute power.
    Did they fix the food?
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Balls. I think the Labour North West heartlands have come out in sufficient numbers to win this for Leave.

Class Wars: The Hope Awakens.

• Options

This is going to sound SOoooooooooooooooooo cliche and all but I think DEMOCRACY is the real winner today.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Hearing whispers, or gut feel?

EDIT overtaken by the edit!
  • Options
    DavidL said:

To quote Jack Palance: "Day ain't over yet".
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I blame my lack of knowledge on the fact that Mrs J claims Dr Who is not real sci fi.

So in these quiet hours before the polls close. If:
    *) Cameron is Han Solo (always wins, but you wonder whose side he is on),
    *) May is Princess Leia (good administrator with a steel backbone) and
    *) Boris is Jar Jar Binks (joke character that should no be taken seriously who somehow gets power),

then who is Farage?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    DavidL said:

I take over at 9.59pm, brace yourselves for some awesomely subtle puns.
  • Options
    ViceroyViceroy Posts: 128
    Never have I regarded politicians so low before in my life. Absolute vermin.

If it is a Remain vote then that's the last time I vote I think. I always believed that you should keep politicians/councils/governments accountable and on their toes, but what is the use when it is all going to be handed over to Brussels? Care about immigration - powerless to do anything about it. Care about taxation - increasingly powerless to do anything about it. Care about fisheries, agriculture, trade, defence - all going to Brussels.

I'll join the rest of the population who don't vote. EU membership has utterly carved out democracy and the only way to get it back will be via an extreme party a la Le Penn or Wilders and that's who i'll turn to. Call me a racist? nasty? you've already called us all that so who cares.

• Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215

Hmmm
  • Options

I'll let you know what Killamarsh turnout is like in about an hour ^_^
  • Options

A big turnout in Merseyside and Greater Manchester will probably help Remain. Elsewhere in the North West, I'd agree it would help Leave.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048

Thanks everyone. I blame my lack of knowledge on the fact that Mrs J claims Dr Who is not real sci fi.

*) Boris is Jar Jar Binks (joke character that should no be taken seriously who somehow gets power),

then who is Farage?

Jabba the Hutt
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,087
    Omnium said:

Bartenders?
  • Options

DavidL said:

I'd like to lead a virtual round of applause for TSE in appreciation of his sterling efforts to keep us engaged and entertained. Bravo sir, bravo.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Well, **anecdote alert** from the North West.

Just overheard this on my way home from a quite elderly man with an England flag in his window: "if we go, the Tories will be making us work 60 bloody hours a week, and then they'll be going after the minimum wage"

Make of it what you will.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    And someone was trying to claim God for remain this morning. Hah!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    Are all the votes being counted at 788-790 Finchley Road?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Sean_F said:

A big turnout in Merseyside and Greater Manchester will probably help Remain. Elsewhere in the North West, I'd agree it would help Leave.
    Not sure that Merseyside will be all that wonderful for Remain.
  • Options

then who is Farage?

Surely, Farage is Jar Jar Binks - the most annoyingly punchable character in the whole damned saga?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

This is going to sound SOoooooooooooooooooo cliche and all but I think DEMOCRACY is the real winner today.
    It will be if whoever wins really takes to heart how important the opponents issues have been to nearly half the populace. So the EU has to really work hard at fixing itself, or equally an Independent Britain really has to make sure that it is an outgoing and embracing member of the world community. (You can choose these things, but the point is that lessons are there for the winner)
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Well, **anecdote alert** from the North West.

Just overheard this on my way home from a quite elderly man with an England flag in his window: "if we go, the Tories will be making us work 60 bloody hours a week, and then they'll be going after the minimum wage"

Make of it what you will.
    Despite being the ones introducing the living wage. Interesting.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    I some comment on twitter earlier that rain on polling day doesn't depress turnout - only the voters.
  • Options

DavidL said:

We'll need a lot to get us through from 10- midnight or so. But I have the champagne on ice.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I'm channeling my inner Andrew Mitchell
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    edited June 2016
    Edited: was just a light comment, but realised some people like going into films totally blind [as it were] so decided to delete.
  • Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281
    We've had plenty of song puns on PB. Have we had film title EU puns?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

No, that's where they're being prepared.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    John_M said:

DavidL said:

Seems an appropriate time for this.

The Death Star Conspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPazLTGceI
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024
    DavidL said:

I was assuming that @TSE had that one lined up for the evening thread.
    https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw
  • Options

then who is Farage?

Surely, Farage is Jar Jar Binks - the most annoyingly punchable character in the whole damned saga?
    Farage is a bit Ferengi!

• Options
    There are some good puns on the contagion that might follow Brexit, my favourite being 'CzechOUT'.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited June 2016
    AndyJS said:
    Ever see the episode in West Wing when Will Bailey shouts at the rain clouds to do their thing in order that turnout is surpressed, and then it buckets down?
    http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/the-west-wing-election-night-81936

That was me moments ago.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302

No, that's where they're being prepared.
    Of course, my bad.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Sean_F said:

Fair enough, not wonderful, but probably more pro-Remain than England as a whole.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,453
    edited June 2016
    You do wonder how active the Unions were in the workplace and if 'leave's' vote disappoints then will it be it's the unions 'what won it'
  • Options

John_M said:

DavidL said:

Seems an appropriate time for this.

The Death Star Conspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPazLTGceI
    So that's where the CAP money went.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    edited June 2016
    Pep talk to the troops VL

"I was just on the phone to the volunteers in your area, and it’s looking like we could pull this off! Your neighbourhood is voting to Leave in far higher numbers than we ever dreamed of. People are voting who have never voted before, feeling proud about how they voted to Leave. I haven’t heard anything like it in my fourteen years of campaigning. But it will be close nationwide."

Would be better if no one had ever heard of mass e-mailshots.
  • Options

Wow. If that happens all the Leave supporters can thank Corbyn for his half-hearted Remain campaign ;)
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,087

You do wonder how active the Unions were in the workplace and if 'leave's' vote disappointscmwtbe it's the unions 'what won it'

Invisible in mine, but it's public sector and so probably remain anyway
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,070

Class Wars: The Hope Awakens.

Well if it's 60-40 remain, what about The Phantom Menace? The leave dog that didn't bite.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Mr Eagles, your puns are never close to being subtle ;)
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

DavidL said:

Subtle? Really young Darth Eagles!
  • Options
    @Richard_Tyndall... LOL. Thanks for that
  • Options

taffys said:

Health and Safety would have put some chicken wire over that vent opening, if they hadn't been dicking around...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDedpreZH-0
  • Options

You do wonder how active the Unions were in the workplace and if 'leave's' vote disappoints then will it be it's the unions 'what won it'

If you read John Harris's piece, he claims that very few of the working people he interviewed claimed they were influenced by any political organisation. They were making up their own minds based on personal experience.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

Sean_F said:

Fair enough, not wonderful, but probably more pro-Remain than England as a whole.
    It's very anti-establishment but usually that is towards Westminster. Someone reckoned Glasgow could be 72% Remain. Scotland of course and more inner city but the two places have things in common.
  • Options
    Turnout described as steady when I cast my friend's proxy vote for them in Oakmere Ward Potters Bar about 30 minutes ago.
    Will let you know about Parkfield ward when I cat my own vote before retreating to the pub.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

With or Without EU is an early contender for tonight.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited June 2016
    taffys said:

If you read John Harris's piece, he claims that very few of the working people he interviewed claimed they were influenced by any political organisation. They were making up their own minds based on personal experience.
    None of the Trade Unions seem active in our hospital for either side. Chat to my clinic coordinator earlier. She reckons the office splits 60/40 for Remain.
  • Options
    GravitationGravitation Posts: 281

Someone in the know? Any further details?
  • Options
    Blofelds_CatBlofelds_Cat Posts: 154
    FF43 said:

Rather than picking lows of the campaign...there has been way too many...much harder picking the highs.

Self-congratulatory maybe but the highlight of the campaign for me is this site. A forum of highly intelligent people expressing different views. How can I not be engaged by it all? I have spent far too much time here.
    +1
  • Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

EU make me want to shout.
  • Options

You put your left vote In,
    Your right vote Out,
    In Out, In Out,
    You shake it all about,
    You do the hokey cokey and you turn around,
    That's what its all about!
  • Options
    PaulyPauly Posts: 897
    edited June 2016
    Omnium said:

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

EU make me want to shout.
    I really liked that romantic movie with Emilia Clarke... me before EU...
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838

I don't understand how anyone could know such a thing at this point.
  • Options
    Blofelds_CatBlofelds_Cat Posts: 154

SeanT said:

Adlestrop is clearly the centre of Britain - l'Angleterre profonde, as Edward Thomas knew, when he wrote this poem. A poem which seems somehow fitting today

Adlestrop

BY EDWARD THOMAS

Yes. I remember Adlestrop—
    The name, because one afternoon
    Of heat the express-train drew up there
    Unwontedly. It was late June.

The steam hissed. Someone cleared his throat.
    No one left and no one came
    On the bare platform. What I saw
    Was Adlestrop—only the name

And willows, willow-herb, and grass,
    And meadowsweet, and haycocks dry,
    No whit less still and lonely fair
    Than the high cloudlets in the sky.

And for that minute a blackbird sang
    Close by, and round him, mistier,
    Farther and farther, all the birds
    Of Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire.

Furthest point from the sea is Coton-in-the-Elms, Derbyshire.

And for more info:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_points_of_the_United_Kingdom

In addition, I believe the narrowest point between west and east coasts in Scotland is just twenty miles; from memory between Bonar Bridge and an estuary on the west coast. Although the 'net says it is the Clyde-Forth gap at 25 miles.

If I had access to the correct 'puter I'd measure it ...
    Is the correct 'puter an Apple ? ;)
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771

this is the bloke who didn't know he'd lost his own seat.
  • Options

Just someone I trust. They are hoping for a recovery after work.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

Making plans for Nigel - XTC,

or the UKIP board
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,253

Just someone I trust. They are hoping for a recovery after work.
    It's all over now, babe EU
  • Options

SeanT said:

Adlestrop is clearly the centre of Britain - l'Angleterre profonde, as Edward Thomas knew, when he wrote this poem. A poem which seems somehow fitting today

Adlestrop

BY EDWARD THOMAS

Yes. I remember Adlestrop—
    The name, because one afternoon
    Of heat the express-train drew up there
    Unwontedly. It was late June.

The steam hissed. Someone cleared his throat.
    No one left and no one came
    On the bare platform. What I saw
    Was Adlestrop—only the name

And willows, willow-herb, and grass,
    And meadowsweet, and haycocks dry,
    No whit less still and lonely fair
    Than the high cloudlets in the sky.

And for that minute a blackbird sang
    Close by, and round him, mistier,
    Farther and farther, all the birds
    Of Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire.

Furthest point from the sea is Coton-in-the-Elms, Derbyshire.

And for more info:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_points_of_the_United_Kingdom

In addition, I believe the narrowest point between west and east coasts in Scotland is just twenty miles; from memory between Bonar Bridge and an estuary on the west coast. Although the 'net says it is the Clyde-Forth gap at 25 miles.

If I had access to the correct 'puter I'd measure it ...
    Is the correct 'puter an Apple ? ;)
    No, because it doesn't run the mapping software I use.

Which, despite having been written in about 1997, runs perfectly well on modern Windows PCs. ;)
  • Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

or the UKIP board
    I'm planning for all circumstances.

Don't EU want me baby, don't EU want me ooohhhhh
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    A EU to a Kill...
  • Options

then who is Farage?

For me, that is Boris.

Then again, I wasn't a fan of his before his volte-face.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    EU do anything for love (but I won't EU that).
  • Options

Sandpit said:

DavidL said:

or the UKIP board
    I'm planning for all circumstances.

Don't EU want me baby, don't EU want me ooohhhhh
    It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to.

as Dave addresses the empty conference hall
  • Options
    Noo Fred....
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,321
    edited June 2016

Turnout described as steady when I cast my friend's proxy vote for them in Oakmere Ward Potters Bar about 30 minutes ago.
    Will let you know about Parkfield ward when I cat my own vote before retreating to the pub.

I voted at St Marys Church Hall on The Walk about an hour ago - seem to recall that's also your polling station.

All 10 names either side of mine on the sheet were marked as having voted. Polling staff said turnout steady but looking at the sheet as a whole it looked as if at least 50% had already voted.
  • Options
    Weird. I haven't heard the word brisk used once today.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Andrew Allison
    Does this street in Beverley hold the record for the most @vote_leave signs in any street in the country? https://t.co/A1O4s1Mw3D
This discussion has been closed.