Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The online polls all have LEAVE ahead

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205

There is a Rail Strike tomorrow here in Scotland. Likely to have a slightly negative effect on turnout I would think.

If it weren't for this referendum, the industrial relations problems in the rail industry would be getting a lot more coverage in the press.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,015
    edited June 2016
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Just completed what might be my final ever canvassing session.

I'm still confident of a Remain victory, but both sides are in effect basing their hopes on a segment of voters that don't usually turn out, but my confidence is based on the Labour heartlands not being quite so pro-Leave as has been reported.

Do your worse ComRes/YouGov and Ipsos Mori tomorrow morning.

I'm off to see the midnight showing of Independence Day sequel, tomorrow's going to be a long day.

Do touch base with us lazy buggers on here throughout the day!
    I'll be on PB around 9.30pm tomorrow, I'm your editor of PB fron 9.59pm Thursday until 6.30am Friday morning
    But no AV thread? :(

:D
    What would the result have been if the options under AV had been:
    A) Leave
    b) Remain
    C) Negotiate Associate Membership
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    PlatoSaid said:

John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

Well, I've just bought three bottles of fizz for tomorrow night/Friday. I'm doing my Lily Bollinger impersonation - it covers all eventualities.

“I drink Champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it -- unless I'm thirsty.”

:D. I have actually bought some booze (I never drink at home, this is momentous!), and set expectations that I'll be pulling and all-nighter. Sadly, at my venerable age, that means I'll be wrecked for days.

Like many of us, I feel the hand of History on my shoulder ;).
    I've bought some Red Bull too - just in case I start seriously flagging or getting too plonked and sleepy. I fell asleep during 0200-0500 in GE2010 and kicked myself.

That would have been a bigger error in GE2015!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    edited June 2016

RobD said:

RobD said:

I'm still confident of a Remain victory, but both sides are in effect basing their hopes on a segment of voters that don't usually turn out, but my confidence is based on the Labour heartlands not being quite so pro-Leave as has been reported.

I'm off to see the midnight showing of Independence Day sequel, tomorrow's going to be a long day.

Do touch base with us lazy buggers on here throughout the day!
    I'll be on PB around 9.30pm tomorrow, I'm your editor of PB fron 9.59pm Thursday until 6.30am Friday morning
    But no AV thread? :(

:D
    I'm toying with an AV thread.

What would the result of the EURef be if it was conducted under AV with the following options.

a) Remain

b) Leave

c) EEA Option
    Post it while OGH isn't watching..... we won't tell :innocent:
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    I think I've just found the best value bet of the EUREF.....
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    RobD said:

There is a Rail Strike tomorrow here in Scotland. Likely to have a slightly negative effect on turnout I would think.

Just how did they let that happen? Surely you shouldn't be allowed to strike on this of all days.
    That's pretty bad, will do no favours to the strikers if people get disenfranchised as a result of their action.
  • Options
    DeClareDeClare Posts: 483

I think the Labour heartlands are going to have a low turnout, I just can't imagine people in Merseyside, Tyneside, the former Yorkshire coalmining areas and the South Wales valleys being very pro-EU.
    It was official Labour party policy to leave the EU as recently as 1983, they might not vote Leave because leavers are now mainly Tories and UKIPers but I can't see them being mad about Remain either.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,707
    edited June 2016
    The result of the Ireland game will have more impact on the result than the C4 debate. If Ireland go out, Nationalists depressed, less likely to feel like voting tomorrow.
  • Options

RobD said:

Just how did they let that happen? Surely you shouldn't be allowed to strike on this of all days.
    I think that's the idea of strike action isn't it? Anyway, I think quite a few people will be more concerned about getting to and from work than with the EUref.
    Still, I don't think it's cricket to have a strike which may affect people's ability to exercise their democratic right.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    I don't know why anybody is watching the d-team debates when the footy is on. Ireland giving it a really good go.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Thank f*ck, they've tipped that shower off the stage.

Hannan on now.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,132
    Looks like Anna Soubry has taken over from the music guy for Remain.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

Well, I've just bought three bottles of fizz for tomorrow night/Friday. I'm doing my Lily Bollinger impersonation - it covers all eventualities.

“I drink Champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it -- unless I'm thirsty.”

:D. I have actually bought some booze (I never drink at home, this is momentous!), and set expectations that I'll be pulling and all-nighter. Sadly, at my venerable age, that means I'll be wrecked for days.

I've been debating with myself whether to get a bottle of red and sit up watching it or not. I normally watch all GE election results but the EU ref has no exit poll and no result till 1.30am for me (hour ahead). I may wait for sunderland and go to bed after that (work the next day!)

Question for PBers: What % victories do we need to see for Leave in Sunderland, in order to know whether Remain or Leave are on track to win?
    if it reaches 55% then Labour traditional are voting Leave and the game is up.
    I just struggle with the idea the traditional Labour vote could be anything other than Leave, to be honest. It feels like even more for them than others that the EU is something done to them rather than for them, the EU is all about an international elite that looks down on 'ppoulist contagion', if people want to kick elites, why wouldn't you kick the EU?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2016
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

It doesn't matter if another poll had Remain ahead as far as I'm concerned. I could be wrong, of course - I was wrong at the GE and SindyRefr - but I feel if the overall picture looks 50/50 in the polls, then Leave have the edge by a couple of points at least, as their support is firmer in likelihood to vote and demographics.

If it is Leave, I don't think the odds will start to come in seriously until we get some serious results (i.e. Sunderland)

Even then, there'll be some who don't want to believe it, and it might not become favourite until c.4am.

If (huge if) Leave do have a small lead.
    After Sunderland and Wandsworth

WE WILL KNOW !
    Not sure. I think the results there will be pretty much in line with the 50/50 values.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,906
    SeanT said:

RodCrosby said:

Oh I see, it's not about Europe.

It's about Jo Cox... and waycism, and everything...

No wonder Farage ducked this crap.

It's the worst debate yet. Feel sorry for Paxo. He's better than this.
    The BBC took a real risk with the Wembley thing and to their credit pulled it off. Could have been Bedlam
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,530
    As the PB consensus mostly agrees (?) Leave needed to be 10% ahead in the polls to win. The momentum is in our favour, but we're not there. Remain knew the momentum was with Leave, so despicably and utterly cynically used a brutal murder to derail the campaign for the required amount of time.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:
    I'm a Tory careerist. I always kind of suspected
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

RodCrosby said:

The BBC took a real risk with the Wembley thing and to their credit pulled it off. Could have been Bedlam
    Do we know the viewing figures for it?
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    To be brutally honest, I think we would have done better to have braved the screams of outrage and started reforming the welfare system on a contributory basis. We've taken a local issue and turned it into a European one.

I'd have voted for an associate membership, as long as that meant the ECJ was not above our supreme court.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

RodCrosby said:

Off the top of my head it peaked just over 4million.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    PlatoSaid said:
    hmm not top... tory careerist whose Eurosceptic... bollocks to that.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,707
    RobD said:

RobD said:

I think that's the idea of strike action isn't it? Anyway, I think quite a few people will be more concerned about getting to and from work than with the EUref.
    Still, I don't think it's cricket to have a strike which may affect people's ability to exercise their democratic right.
    There can't be many folk who have to catch a train to reach their Polling Place.
  • Options

As the PB consensus mostly agrees (?) Leave needed to be 10% ahead in the polls to win. The momentum is in our favour, but we're not there. Remain knew the momentum was with Leave, so despicably and utterly cynically used a brutal murder to derail the campaign for the required amount of time.

I thought the consensus was Leave needed to be 5 or so ahead to win (though someone else posted a graph the other day that said Remain needed to be so far ahead to win).

Personally I think the consensus is wrong, and Leave can be a little behind and win.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:
    'Eurosceptic Remainer', well I could have told them that.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,054
    Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

RodCrosby said:

It's all very well having these kind of media events but full credit to this guy who wanted to take the pulse of the real England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9BNx3SY0g
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,970
    Wanderer said:

SeanT said:

I'm oddly serene as well. That's possibly because the referendum is win-win for me.

My big fear was a massive REMAIN win - 60/40 or worse - and Britain doomed to vassalage in a newly-confident Euro-empire. UGH. All those gloating Europhiles in the Guardian. UGH!!!! Polly Toynbee and Michael Heseltine chortling!! UGH UGH UGH

That outcome is now essentially impossible, and for me we two three other outcomes, which all have their advantages.

Narrow REMAIN means I do well financially - London surges, property prices go back up, and the EU havs been served notice.

Narrow LEAVE and we quit the EU but enter the EEA/EFTA. The hit to the economy will be small. And we will be out the EU. And everyone on the Guardian will cry for a month. Yay.

I discount a Big LEAVE. Most unlikely.

If the out option was EEA/EFTA I would also be relaxed about it. Indeed, if that had been pre-negotiated I might vote for it. But I think that the outcome of Leave is far less predictable. There's going to be a lot of opposition to keeping free movement.

More likely than EEA/EFTA is that despite voting Leave we never will. A new offer plus six-12 months of economic dodginess will seal the deal.

• Options
    BenedictWhiteBenedictWhite Posts: 1,944
    Wanderer said:

Wanderer said:

Is this not the stuff of democracy though? We have it out, we make the case and then the electorate decide?

It's the stuff of direct democracy. What it has done for me, more than anything, is bring home to me what a good idea representative democracy is.
    No, because what has happened over the years is that the political classes have not bothered to engage with the voters, see for example this quote from a beeb man on Guido:

David Cowling, the BBC’s head of political research, in an internal memo…

“It seems to me that the London bubble has to burst if there is to be any prospect of addressing the issues that have brought us to our current situation. There are many millions of people in the UK who do not enthuse about diversity and do not embrace metropolitan values yet do not consider themselves lesser human beings for all that. Until their values and opinions are acknowledged and respected, rather than ignored and despised, our present discord will persist. Because these discontents run very wide and very deep and the metropolitan political class, confronted by them, seems completely bewildered and at a loss about how to respond (“who are these ghastly people and where do they come from?” doesn’t really hack it). The 2016 EU referendum has witnessed the cashing in of some very bitter bankable grudges but I believe that, throughout this 2016 campaign, Europe has been the shadow not the substance.”

The reality is that this engages people. That is important.
    It has engaged people and I agree that's a good thing. The audience last night was something remarkable in its way. But what people have been engaged by is utter garbage from the campaigns. Remain or leave, we can't say that people have made a well-informed decision.

I would be happy if we never have another referendum. I wouldn't like to see Britain become like California, holding plebiscites for fun.
    Whilst I agree that the bullshit dial has been turned up to 15 and been broken off, do trust the electorate. They are much more mature than the political classes.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

RodCrosby said:

So not really very large. I have a feeling regular qt gets that (and more). But figures top gear can only dream off these days ;-)

Surprised it wasn't more than that. BBC 1 prime time and all that.
  • Options
    Metcheck Severe Weather Warning - Update

Issue Time
    Wed 22 Jun 2016: 20:00 BST New/Updated
    Valid From
    Wed 22 Jun 2016 : 19:00 BST(Currently Active)
    Valid Until
    Fri 24 Jun 2016 : 12:00 BST (39hrs remaining)

Severe Weather Warning for Thunderstorms / Heavy Rain / Hail / Severe Wind Gusts

A plume of unstable, moist air moves Northeast from France later this evening and overnight.

We are expecting thunderstorms to develop across France and the Channel late this evening, however the primary risk comes overnight and into the early hours when organised multi-cell structures will approach the South and Southeast coast of England.

This is similar to their earlier warning, but the area most likely to be most affected has extended westwards along the southern English coast to now take in Dorset.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

RobD said:

RobD said:

There can't be many folk who have to catch a train to reach their Polling Place.
    No, but if they can't get from work->home in time....

And even if it is one person being affected, it's still wrong.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059

I drew up a list who would be blamed by leavers if they lose, didn't put that one in.... takes all sorts.
  • Options
    Question for Leave Tories on here - would you stay in the party if Soubry became leader?
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Switched back to C4 and golly Soubry is awful - bossy, finger pointy and overbearing.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:
    hmm not top... tory careerist whose Eurosceptic... bollocks to that.
    They couldn't fit the name of the new party at the top, so they used 'tory' for short ;)
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,572
    Apparently I'm a Eurocrat according to that Guido quiz.

Really flawed test.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,064
    weejonnie said:

John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

I've been debating with myself whether to get a bottle of red and sit up watching it or not. I normally watch all GE election results but the EU ref has no exit poll and no result till 1.30am for me (hour ahead). I may wait for sunderland and go to bed after that (work the next day!)

Question for PBers: What % victories do we need to see for Leave in Sunderland, in order to know whether Remain or Leave are on track to win?
    I made it 51 - others made it 55. The unknown factor is the Nissan plant in Washington.

Sunderland has quite a lot of traditional Labour - The polling was (in 2015)

Labour 50%
    UKIP.....24%
    Tories.. 20%
    LibDems 6%

LEAVE = 24% + 30% X 50% + 60% X 20% = 51%

The good UKIP score being held back by the poor labour score. Any more than this and Leave look good - if it reaches 55% then Labour traditional are voting Leave and the game is up.
    I think that's optimistic. The Labour vote that is most likely to vote UKIP is the WWC one, while the metropolitan middle class one will vote Remain.

In other words, I'd expect a 50% Leave vote from Sunderland Labour, maybe more.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

How the fuck did Nick lose to Soubry. She's awful.

Ed Miliband
  • Options

I drew up a list who would be blamed by leavers if they lose, didn't put that one in.... takes all sorts.
    You didn't put in the Remain campaign? It's a view.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

RodCrosby said:

So not really very large. I have a feeling regular qt gets that (and more). But figures top gear can only dream off these days ;-)
    4million is not bad for a 2hr political debate programme and probably more than the winning margin.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,359
    PlatoSaid said:

Switched back to C4 and golly Soubry is awful - bossy, finger pointy and overbearing.

Watched it for less than a minute when Selina Scott got involved. Prefer the football
  • Options
    Who's the black lady writer/Leaver?

She's fab.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,323
    PlatoSaid said:

Well turn it off again then!
  • Options
    Did that cabbie just slander Uber?
  • Options
    Vote Leave to kick out Uber - Is that the future you want @rcs1000?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Really someone needs to tell Anna Soubry to STFU and let other people speak
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,953
    After panicking a couple of Nights ago, I now call it for Leave, perhaps by as much as 55/45. Why?

1. The trend is your friend. Over 12 months, or over 3, the trend has been to Leave. In telephone polls, Remain led by 25-30%, then 10-15%, now perhaps 2% on average. Online polls have shown a lead of 10% or so for Remain moving into a small lead for Leave. But, online polls have constantly adjusted their workings to favour Remain. On their original workings, online polls would be putting Leave almost 10% clear. The Noise favours Remain sometimes. The Signal favours Leave.

2. Undecideds are breaking for Leave. The BES has gone from 47/30 Remain a year ago to 43/40 at the end of May.

3. The mood favours Leave. People want to break from the old order. Leave have all the passion, Remain don't. Many people are emotionally committed to Leave; few to the EU.

Of course, I may be totally wrong.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    PlatoSaid said:
    Apparently I'm an "expert", so i'm not going to listen to myself any longer. :lol:
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Question for Leave Tories on here - would you stay in the party if Soubry became leader?

No. When I first saw her a few years ago, she seemed rather good, then she rapidly became rude, insulting and a caricature of Thatcher.

This was before she came out for Remain. She's a female Soames. Boorish.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    PlatoSaid said:

tlg86 said:

No. When I first saw her a few years ago, she seemed rather good, then she rapidly became rude, insulting and a caricature of Thatcher.

This was before she came out for Remain. She's a female Soames. Boorish.
    Agreed x100
  • Options
    There is a fan in the Ireland end with one goalkeepers glove on!!!
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    PlatoSaid said:

Who's the black lady writer/Leaver?

She's fab.

Ask Guido :lol:
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    SeanT said:

Soubry and her finger might explain Farage's tactical absence....
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    rcs1000 said:

weejonnie said:

John_M said:

PlatoSaid said:

I made it 51 - others made it 55. The unknown factor is the Nissan plant in Washington.

Sunderland has quite a lot of traditional Labour - The polling was (in 2015)

Labour 50%
    UKIP.....24%
    Tories.. 20%
    LibDems 6%

LEAVE = 24% + 30% X 50% + 60% X 20% = 51%

The good UKIP score being held back by the poor labour score. Any more than this and Leave look good - if it reaches 55% then Labour traditional are voting Leave and the game is up.
    I think that's optimistic. The Labour vote that is most likely to vote UKIP is the WWC one, while the metropolitan middle class one will vote Remain.

In other words, I'd expect a 50% Leave vote from Sunderland Labour, maybe more.
    How much of that portion of the Labour vote is actually now in the UKIP column though?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

After panicking a couple of Nights ago, I now call it for Leave, perhaps by as much as 55/45. Why?

3. The mood favours Leave. People want to break from the old order. Leave have all the passion, Remain don't. Many people are emotionally committed to Leave; few to the EU.

You are Ed Milliband and I claim my £5.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Audience "worm" moving sharply to Leave after Soubry fails to shut up.
    Hannan doing very well as expected.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,064

Vote Leave to kick out Uber - Is that the future you want @rcs1000?

I love uber
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,602
    Sean_F said:

1. The trend is your friend. Over 12 months, or over 3, the trend has been to Leave. In telephone polls, Remain led by 25-30%, then 10-15%, now perhaps 2% on average. Online polls have shown a lead of 10% or so for Remain moving into a small lead for Leave. But, online polls have constantly adjusted their workings to favour Remain. On their original workings, online polls would be putting Leave almost 10% clear. The Noise favours Remain sometimes. The Signal favours Leave.

2. Undecideds are breaking for Leave. The BES has gone from 47/30 Remain a year ago to 43/40 at the end of May.

That's a massive call.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Soubry and her finger might explain Farage's tactical absence....
    LOL!
  • Options
    Does Katie Price drink Coppertone?

What a bizarre greasy looking tan.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I'd have voted for Nick, if I lived in Broxtowe. Or UKIP. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than vote for Soubry.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,160
    Switched over briefly from Versailles and Jordan now being interviewed in EU debate on C4
  • Options
    SeanT said:

The loathsome Anna Soubry losing votes with every nanosecond.

Bring back Nick Palmer MP? At least he comes to PB bashes after all!
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    edited June 2016
    Sean_F said:

Britain of course has quiet revolutions not violent ones, I hope we're about to set off on another one tomorrow.
  • Options
    The only other thing to go on is anecdote, so if he's prefer us to analyse how close it seems based on that...

Actually I agree with him though - I don't think it's that close either.
    Sean_F said:

Agreed. The polls might be bollocks, of course, but the mood music suggests they are at least right it is close, or even underestimating things for Leave. Nothing but betting supports the alternate idea.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,994
    edited June 2016
    Whether you're a nervous Trot, a risk averse Tory, or simply a "don't know, won't go" type, as a Eurosceptic Remainer you'll find yourself alienating all your Brexit buddies and loathing your new Remain friends.

Whether or not your reluctance will give way to what you have wished for all your political life on Thursday remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure - the next few months are not going to be any easier...

:o
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    I'd love the debate on here and the various allegiances if NPXMPX2 decided to fight Broxtowe again in 2020.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Sean_F said:

Interesting. Valuable insight, ta. What is your track record btw? Serious question, did you call the GE or indyref, right?

Few did, of course.
    I thought In would win the Sindy by 4% or so. I thought the Tories would win 285-290 seats.
  • Options
    Only because the Tories led most of the final polls and won undecideds and turned out more of their supporters than Labour
  • Options
    Ch4 have managed to get a pretty decent celebrity audience. This is the kind of show that they should just let run until early in the morning like After Dark. We might actually get some interesting discussion after a few hours and everyone lets their guard down.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,088
    My predictions for Tyne and Wear and surrounding areas based upon feelings and perceived local attitudes:

Leave:

Sunderland
    North Tyneside
    South Tyneside
    County Durham
    Northumberland

Remain:

Newcastle upon Tyne
    Gateshead
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,895
    HYUFD said:

Switched over briefly from Versailles and Jordan now being interviewed in EU debate on C4

Soubry bigger Tit than Jordan
  • Options
    Am I the only one wondering if Channel 4 put on a free bar since mid afternoon for this audience?
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,602
    Soubry works tirelessly for the Leave cause.
  • Options
    El_DaveEl_Dave Posts: 145
    ? Yes it was. The Tories did some good targeting in marginal seats. That's not a strategy for a referendum. Every vote counts.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Difficult to say.

I was out leafleting and there was a chap with his pickup and another dropping by. I gave a leaflet to the drop by who then went off on one about why he didn't vote so I carried on my way.

The argument seemed to be a bit heated and by the time I got back round drop by had gone and I appeared to be welcome.

The voters will speak tomorrow. There is something in the air.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

That can be read two ways, TSE.
    Look at his other tweets from the past few days, he's not expecting a Leave victory
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:
    Apparently I'm an "expert", so i'm not going to listen to myself any longer. :lol:
    I will not listen to you either if that helps seal your expertness :D
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    HYUFD said:

Only because the Tories led most of the final polls and won undecideds and turned out more of their supporters than Labour
    Distaste for Salmond was the key. I hope he can work his magic again.
  • Options
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

I'd love the debate on here and the various allegiances if NPXMPX2 decided to fight Broxtowe again in 2020.

I'd vote for Nick. Disagree with most of his politics but at least he is polite and courteous, qualities that one should look for in an MP. Soubry is just terrible.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Sandpit said:

Audience "worm" moving sharply to Leave after Soubry fails to shut up.
    Hannan doing very well as expected.

Hannan is rock star.

• Options

HYUFD said:

Soubry bigger Tit than Jordan
    Doubt she will be troubling page 3 anytime soon though....
  • Options
    tlg86 said:
    She was the Popular Front candidate.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

That's a massive call.
    It's also a massive volte face! Let's just hope Sean F isn't forced to change his mind as the result of a dismal poll for LEAVE in less than half an hour's time.

• Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819

PlatoSaid said:
    'Eurosceptic Remainer', well I could have told them that.
    I got Eurocrat. Re-did the quiz to see what the other options were, but got Eurocrat again :(
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited June 2016

SeanT said:

Look at his other tweets from the past few days, he's not expecting a Leave victory
    Well, in less than 36 hours we'll find out whether he's right or wrong. We shall have to compose ourselves in patience.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Sean_F said:

You are Ed Milliband and I claim my £5.
    That's a terrible insult. Ban this man immediately! :D
  • Options
    SeanT said:

No Sean. Remain's pollster wouldn't be so stupid as to take the piss of Remain like that.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    And his response to a question about how he thinks it will go,

https://twitter.com/AndrewCooper__/status/745716056564457472
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    edited June 2016
    The polls also got Scotland (2015) spot on, they got Corbyn spot on, they got Sadiq spot on...
  • Options
    Ooh, it's the empty suit and big watch trying badly to be a black Tony Blair.
  • Options

tlg86 said:
    She was the Popular Front candidate.
    Wikipedia says she was Independent. Voting for oneself does seem a little uncouth.
  • Options

And his response to a question about how he thinks it will go,

https://twitter.com/AndrewCooper__/status/745716056564457472
    A pollster, rubbishing polling?

This discussion has been closed.