Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The PB/Polling Matters TV Show: Looking at The White House

123457»

Comments

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,876
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

To change the subject completely, I don't think I've been on enough to know which way you are leaning at the coming vote? To me, Leave offers a very romantic opportunity, heart vs. head and all that. Thinking I may just abstain, especially as I have not been a resident these past few years. How about you?

It's amazing how under-rated Major is - he singlehandedly saved Cameron in 2007 when he went on the news to destroy Brown for going to Afghanistan during Con conference. That directly stopped Brown calling a GE and meant Cameron lived to fight another day - and ultimately then became PM. Now he has intervened again at the absolutely crucial moment to save Cameron again.
    Agree.

Without Major we would have had Kinnock in 1992 and many of the Thatcher reforms would have been undone.

Without Major the Labour Party would not have reformed and become a party of government again - though Corbyn's elevation shows they've forgotten nothing and learned nothing.

And now that Golum of the Back Benches, the seeker of ideological purity, what ever the political cost, IDS once again pursues principle over power. A long and undistinguished future awaits him - and I half suspect he'll be even happier were he on the Opposition back benches....but thats it with these multi-millionaire LEAVErs - IDS, Johnson, Farage, Boris, they won't have to pay the cost of LEAVE....
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029
    I also agree on the Major points, I respect him quite highly. Didn't fully appreciate his contribution in 2007 though!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

Estobar said:

Today's fronts are very bad again for Cameron.

If we do vote REMAIN, the biggest losers will be the dead tree press, then Boris.......no more invites to Number 10, or anywhere very much....just Employment Tribunals and the Insolvency Courts to look forward to.......
    I hear the Governor's Mansion in Southern Thule is quite something.....
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279

MikeL said:

RobD said:

To change the subject completely, I don't think I've been on enough to know which way you are leaning at the coming vote? To me, Leave offers a very romantic opportunity, heart vs. head and all that. Thinking I may just abstain, especially as I have not been a resident these past few years. How about you?

It's amazing how under-rated Major is - he singlehandedly saved Cameron in 2007 when he went on the news to destroy Brown for going to Afghanistan during Con conference. That directly stopped Brown calling a GE and meant Cameron lived to fight another day - and ultimately then became PM. Now he has intervened again at the absolutely crucial moment to save Cameron again.
    Agree.

Without Major we would have had Kinnock in 1992 and many of the Thatcher reforms would have been undone.

Without Major the Labour Party would not have reformed and become a party of government again - though Corbyn's elevation shows they've forgotten nothing and learned nothing.

And now that Golum of the Back Benches, the seeker of ideological purity, what ever the political cost, IDS once again pursues principle over power. A long and undistinguished future awaits him - and I half suspect he'll be even happier were he on the Opposition back benches....but thats it with these multi-millionaire LEAVErs - IDS, Johnson, Farage, Boris, they won't have to pay the cost of LEAVE....
    Well said Carlotta! What I wouldn't give to see John Major square up against IDS in this EU Referendum debate... A successful GE winning Conservative Leader who stood up to his opponents vs a Conservative Leader that his own backbenchers wouldn't let run a GE campaign...
This discussion has been closed.