Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The other divide in EURef polling: the more positive it loo

Comments

• Options
    Scott_P said:

Ah, civic Nationalism at its finest...

@AgentP22: Welcome to Nicola Sturgeon's Scotland. https://t.co/A3uaPY19RG

I assume he'll be quite happy for BT to cut off his telephone line as it has 'British' in the title. There's also nasty British Petroleum involved in all those oil jobs in Scotland.

Must be hilarious when he looks at the nationality inside his passport.
  • Options
    Anyway, morning thread has been written, for my fellow Star Trek fans, there's a very very very very very subtle Trek reference in it.

See if you can spot it.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Ah, civic Nationalism at its finest...

@AgentP22: Welcome to Nicola Sturgeon's Scotland. https://t.co/A3uaPY19RG

I assume he'll be quite happy for BT to cut off his telephone line as it has 'British' in the title. There's also nasty British Petroleum involved in all those oil jobs in Scotland.

Must be hilarious when he looks at the nationality inside his passport.
    BT = Better Together heh
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

@Thescreamingeagles And this is why you were absolutely SPOT ON not to vote for Corbyn in the Labour leadership contest. Not because he'll win 2020, but his and his acolytes can shape Labour going forward and then they can win 2025 :D

For the greater good
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Unexpected discoveries to put you in a good mood, part 73:

Discovering you placed (and forgot you placed) a £15 bet with Hills over 6 months ago on Rubio for Next President at 14/1.

Hah, that improves the book a bit I guess for you :P

Are you now a big fan of the Havana wonderboy ?
    I've always found Rubio the most impressive candidate. But it's hard to tell if it will be his year or Trump's.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Cruz continues to wriggle as he's now being challenged publicly by voters as to his ineligibility...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh2dsf-Y_aY

The lies of this man are astounding. The law of the US has never been what he claims.

As to his 'mom', she's not running for POTUS, he is.

Winston Churchill's 'mom' was also an American citizen. That didn't stop Winston from being an alien throughout his life, requiring Congress to hurry up and in 1963 grant him "honorary US citizenship" shortly before he died.

Cruz lucked out, because in 1934, for the first time, Congress, under its powers of Naturalization [hint?] relaxed the law, to allow foreign-born children of American mothers (as well as fathers) to receive citizenship under its statute. Without it, he too, like Churchill, would be still be an alien. Under that statute, if Cruz had not fulfilled certain conditions subsequent, namely actual residence in the US for a prescribed time, his presumptive citizenship could have been revoked, relegating him once more to his natural state, that of an alien.

Congress could repeal or modify this Naturalization act at any time, rendering people born in Cruz's situation aliens once more, as Congress did in fact do between 1802 and 1855.

A natural born citizen does not obtain (or lose) his citizenship at the whim of Congress, ludicrously under an Act of Naturalization - the very purpose and intent of which is to give citizenship to those who are NOT natural born citizens! He needs no man-made law to give him what is already his by natural law, any more than a natural child needs a law to tell him he is the son of his biological father. And no man-made law can alter someone's DNA to declare them something they were not naturally already...
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

DavidL said:

I've thought about it some more, there's only three things that will change my mind and make me back Remain

i) Dave gets protection for the City of London and the Financial Services Industry

ii) The French announce they want us to leave

iii) The Tory Right use the referendum as a way of trying to topple Dave and undo the Cameroon project

The Cameroon project is self destructing on Europe. It's tragic. If Gove backs out it is all over.
    Calm down. It's not self destructing. Cameron has been Tory leader for ten years, he is just reaching the inevitable end of all political careers: failure. Either it will be the failure of a referendum victory that turns sour, or the harsher failure of an actual referendum loss.

His error of judgment on the deal was a symptom of his fading powers. He bought into the idea he was such a brilliant salesman he could sell a cup of cold sick.

But he's just one politician. The Tories (Europe aside) are very united, moreover they can perceive a potentially serious and deadly enemy of Great Britain - the Far Left in power courtesy of Jeremy Corbyn. The Tories won't go to pieces. They are patriots. They will stay in government and aim to win emphatixally in 2020.
    He is the key to the Cameroon project. If the Tories are to remain an electable and sane centre right party then he needs to be able to control his successor and it is slipping away from him fast.
    The Tories will thrash a Corbyn-led Labour Party, regardless.
    I don't believe that Corbyn will be the leader in 2020. Or McDonnell. Labour will come to their senses, especially if they think they have a chance. And they are being given one right now.
    Thankfully, I do not share your optimism vis a vis Labour's leadership. There is no obvious mechanism by which a Blairite, or even a centrist, can overthrow the Corbyn axis and supplant him and his followers with a decent Dan Jarvis type.

They are stuck with Corbyn and Co at least until 2020 and the bitter taste of defeat.
    The Conservatives' recovery since 1997 depended on Labour's growing unpopularity (vote share down 13%). Corbyn and co reinforce that unpopularity.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352

Anyway, morning thread has been written, for my fellow Star Trek fans, there's a very very very very very subtle Trek reference in it.

See if you can spot it.

Fascinating

• Options

See if you can spot it.

Fascinating

When I say subtle, this is me we're talking about. I'm as subtle as a brick through a window
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

DavidL said:

I've thought about it some more, there's only three things that will change my mind and make me back Remain

i) Dave gets protection for the City of London and the Financial Services Industry

iii) The Tory Right use the referendum as a way of trying to topple Dave and undo the Cameroon project

The Cameroon project is self destructing on Europe. It's tragic. If Gove backs out it is all over.
    Calm down. It's not self destructing. Cameron has been Tory leader for ten years, he is just reaching the inevitable end of all political careers: failure. Either it will be the failure of a referendum victory that turns sour, or the harsher failure of an actual referendum loss.

His error of judgment on the deal was a symptom of his fading powers. He bought into the idea he was such a brilliant salesman he could sell a cup of cold sick.

But he's just one politician. The Tories (Europe aside) are very united, moreover they can perceive a potentially serious and deadly enemy of Great Britain - the Far Left in power courtesy of Jeremy Corbyn. The Tories won't go to pieces. They are patriots. They will stay in government and aim to win emphatixally in 2020.
    He is the key to the Cameroon project. If the Tories are to remain an electable and sane centre right party then he needs to be able to control his successor and it is slipping away from him fast.
    Outside of the EU I am seriously not sure there is really anything the Tory party nor a fair proportion of those who have scarpered to UKIP disagree over. I can't really think of a single issue where there is disagreement of anything more than the degree of change (by which I mean there are some like me who think they have gone nowhere near far enough with austerity for example). I suspect that the homophobes are now as endangered as the federalists like Clark.

If REMAIN win the Tory party will continue to fracture over the EU issue. If LEAVE win then no matter what side Cameron was on the party as a whole will unite. TSE should seriously be hoping for a LEAVE win.
    The only thing that would tempt me to vote Remain is if Corbynism was popular, and the Conservatives were likely to fracture after a Leave vote. Neither is likely.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,027

See if you can spot it.

Fascinating

When I say subtle, this is me we're talking about. I'm as subtle as a brick through a window
    Subtle like this?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

See if you can spot it.

Fascinating

Subtle like this?
    No comment
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    The greatest circus in town is back again folks !

http://abcnews.go.com/live
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,995
    Pulpstar said:

Will Trump be making an appearance?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Will Trump be making an appearance?
    I f* hope so given I'm long on him.

There's also a livestream of the Ice Queen's stream from Portsmouth NH.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

DavidL said:

Outside of the EU I am seriously not sure there is really anything the Tory party nor a fair proportion of those who have scarpered to UKIP disagree over. I can't really think of a single issue where there is disagreement of anything more than the degree of change (by which I mean there are some like me who think they have gone nowhere near far enough with austerity for example). I suspect that the homophobes are now as endangered as the federalists like Clark.

If REMAIN win the Tory party will continue to fracture over the EU issue. If LEAVE win then no matter what side Cameron was on the party as a whole will unite. TSE should seriously be hoping for a LEAVE win.
    The only thing that would tempt me to vote Remain is if Corbynism was popular, and the Conservatives were likely to fracture after a Leave vote. Neither is likely.
    The Conservatives need to win a landslide in 2020 to (possibly) shock the Labour Party onto a different course. Otherwise it's only a matter of time until the Corbynite left wins.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    As usual I'm going to live comment the GOP debate on PB.
    Wish me luck with the tons of rubbish I have to write here.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I think that no one in america will be watching the debate, it's Saturday and it's the "Super Bowl".
  • Options
    Speedy said:

I think that no one in america will be watching the debate, it's Saturday and it's the "Super Bowl".

But that's tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    RobD said:

Speedy said:

But that's tomorrow?
    Oh yeah it's tomorrow.
    Anyway the last ABC debate held on a Saturday got 7.8 million viewers in December, a very low number.
  • Options
    Blimey, I hope that university isn't representative.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    @Speedy: I'm going to watch 20 minutes and then go to sleep :lol:

There's only so much GOP a man can take
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Blimey, I hope that university isn't representative.

I'll be surprised if a strawpoll of students that came to watch this debate is.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    Speedy said:

lol, that is some burden to assume
  • Options
    Carson is stuck?
  • Options
    Can't even walk onto a stage properly LOL.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Ermmm!
    Awkward.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question on Trump about Cruz.
    Will you nuke Denmark?

Trump: "I've got the best temperament"
    Immigration, illegal immigration, mulsims, no one mentioned the problem, iraq war, does something like a stalone impression.

Cruz: Experience, knowledge, Obama bad, everyone better than Obama or any democrat, hits the table all the time.
    The voters have to assess about Trump, hits hand on table again, Iran says death to america.

Trump: Cruz didn't answer, that's what's going to happen with Cruz.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Writing tons of rubbish? Doesn't do TSE any harm! :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question to Carson about Cruz.
    Did Cruz cheat in Iowa?

Carson: He though I already dropped out when I didn't come on stage, Reagan said blah blah, I will not attack Cruz but i'm disappointed about him, people died for my campaign, that's an example of Washington ethics, you do what's right.

Cruz: Carson is a good man , i'm his friend, i apologize, it's all CNN's fault, it was my staff not me, I knew nothing, I called him to apologize, CNN is bad.

Carson: The timeline says that CNN is not at fault, we can see what happened.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    "We win with Trump," says the runner-up in Iowa.
  • Options
    I hope we hear more of Carson's entrancing voice tonight.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question on Rubio.
    Is Christie right that you are a lighweight?

Rubio: I protected the people of Florida by sanctioning girl scouts groups, if I'm not enough choose Biden, Obama is evil, obamacare, Iran, if i'm president we are going back to the past.

Christie: Senators are crap, Governors solve problems, you Senator are not Joe Biden, you haven't done anything, you never even vote, making decisions matter, I like Rubio but he's not experienced don't do the same mistake as Obama.

Rubio: Chris Christie destroyed New Jersey, Obama evil he wants to make america a normal country, with me we will be the greatest ever ever ever.

Christie: That's what washington is all about, Rubio is all about a 45 second speech, your speech never solves a single problem.

Rubio: Christie never wanted to go back to New Jersey, Obama is...

Christie: There you go again.

Rubio: blah blah blah same speech as before.

Audience boos.

Christie: You criticize people who go to work, while you never go to work.
  • Options
    Christie going after Rubio.
  • Options
    The drive by followed by the memorised 25 second speech.

Oof.
  • Options
    Loving Chris Christie right now.
  • Options
    Jesus: Rubio is bombing
  • Options
    Dominic Lawson in The Sunday Times:

"In short, David Cameron’s emergency brake has more leaks than any garage could repair. It is a tribute to the prime minister’s perennial optimism that he could describe it as the solution to the public’s concern about levels of migration from within the EU — and therefore about our continued membership of it.

That is the charitable conclusion. More cynical observers would say that even the most disreputable of used-car salesmen would not dare to pass off such a vehicle as fit for any purpose other than being towed to the scrapyard."
  • Options
    I'm selling my Rubio right now...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Jesus: Rubio is bombing

Yeah. Droning on about how Obama knows what he's doing. One bloody hopes he does.
  • Options
    Anyone notice the feed is stuttering like crazy
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,149
    Well done Christie. I've said many times that Rubio is a lightweight and not up to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question to Jeb.
    Why did you attack Rubio?

Jeb: Who has the skills, I got 13 metals of honour, i took over powerful interests, hurricanes, steady hand, Rubio may be good but we don't want an Obama again.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I'm selling my Rubio right now...

Chris Christie threw him under the BUS.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question to Cruz.
    North Korea ICBM's.

Cruz: Everything is the fault of Clinton, Wendy Sherman is at fault and with Iran too, we should expand our ABM, no N.Korean satellites, space weapons by evil koreans emp weapons lazer people.

What would you do?

Cruz: I will talk about it with the generals, I will be briefed first, the have nukes so my hands are tied, Iran bad.

Rubio: Cruz is right, we should shoot it down if they pose a threat to us.

Kasich: The town halls were positive, intercept ships and aircraft, WMD's, nuclear terrorists, sanctions on N.Korea.
  • Options
    Rubio drones and drones.
  • Options
    Right I've had enough. I've sold down my Rubio and I'm going to get some sleep...
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Jeb: Obama is pulling back, preemptive strike on N.Korea.

Trump: I disagree with Rubio, Obama doesn't know what he's doing, China has control of Korea, the biggest bank of china is a client of mine, I will get along with China to reign in Korea.

Rubio: Obama thinks that america needed to cut down to size, I'll do the opposite, he betrayed isreal, N.Korea is a terrorist, we need to threaten China to reign in Korea.

Jeb: N.Korea, Iran, hostages, weakness, get back in the game, back our allies, sanctions on N.Korea.

Christie: I'm a federal prosecutor, never pay ransom to criminals, they do not understand anything but strength, Obama is weak.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Rubio drones and drones.

Still think he would crush Hillary?
  • Options
    Did Bush just say he would nuke N Korea if needs be?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Immigration question to Kasich.

Kasich: We need practical solution like what we said about N.Korea, if illegals never commited a crime they should stay and get citizenship, americans will support it, within the first 100 days I will pass it through congress.

Cruz: I have a detailed plan with 11 chapters and verses on my websites, we will build the wall with Trump, boots on the ground, e-verify, biometric system on visas, end sanctuary cities, end welfare benefits, enforce the law, deport them, Obama is against the enforcing the law, Clinton deported 8 million people, secure the border.

Rubio: We can't get the legislation passed, there can't be any reform as long as the border is opened, enforce the law, finish the wall, e-verify, then the american people will support immigration reform.

Are you a coward?

Rubio: The reform passed.

Christie: Rubio didn't answer the question, he is a coward, I fought and beat teachers, I beat the democrats, I ordered a pizza, fight , fight, leadership is fighting not running.
  • Options
    Cruz now planning to build a wall.
  • Options

Cruz now planning to build a wall.

His father was born in Matanzas, Cuba, in 1939.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

DavidL said:

Overdramatic. Cameron has done his work and detoxified the party. It is now clearly a different beast to the 80s machine, more diverse, more ethnic, more mixed in gender. It is largely united on economic ideas: small state, low taxes, but compassionate on aid, etc. it is pro gay marriage, relaxed on sexual mores, and so forth.

Europe aside, I can't think of a single important issue that seriously divides the party. Contrast with Labour.
    Good heavens!

Have you two swapped accounts?

Level headed common sense from SeanT and near hysterical depression from DavidL!

The World Turned Upside Down!
  • Options
    Kasich and Cruz appealing to very different wings of the GOP.

Probably a good answer for them both tbh.
  • Options
    Christie going for Rubio again.
  • Options
    Rubio: leadership is about making a solution, in 13 years nothing was done, you need the support of people.
  • Options
    "that's not what leadership is, that's what Congress is" : Christie tries a killer soundbite.
  • Options

Christie's blows have landed I think.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question to Trump.
    Did you support Universal Healthcare like Sanders?

Trump: I'm closer to common sense, we will replace Obamacare, the insurance people are getting rich on obamacare and fleecing the people, free enterprise, people are dying on the street as a republican I cannot stand it, you cannot let people die in the street (WHOA) .

Cruz: Socialised medicine like the NHS is a disaster, no one has healthcare with socialized medicine, it will hurt the people, repeal obamacare, and adopt common sense, expand health savings accounts, no government.

Carson: N.Korea, replace obamacare, the government shouldn't tell people what to do, private accounts, we spend too much on healthcare, each family to have it's own insurance company, i don't have the time to explain it.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Odd reply from trump.

Attacking from the left al of a sudden?!
  • Options
    Rubio not impressive.

Might not make much difference, though.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Christie's blows have landed I think.
    Rubio looks a little wan. Is he under the weather?
  • Options
    Pong said:

Odd reply from trump.

Attacking from the left al of a sudden?!

He's quite moderate on healthcare.
  • Options
    Oh for God's sake: Carson - just f***** drop out will you.
  • Options
    lol @ carson "I was hoping to get a chance to talk about north korea, I'm the only one who didn't get a chance..."

if there's one question he didn't want to answer it was North Korea.
  • Options
    Trump blows up. Going for Bush's money big time.
  • Options
    Trump doing a "Farage" - attacking the audience.
  • Options
    Eminent domain on Trump:
    You support it?

Trump: So many people have hit me about is, it's an absolute necessity, without it you wouldn't have schools, hospitals, roads, conservatives support the pipeline but you need eminent domain, you can get 2-3 times your property values.

Jeb: Trump used eminent domain to steal a old ladies house.

Trump: I didn't take the property.

Jeb: Trump wanted to use it for a limousine parking lot.
    Jeb: how tough is it to take an old ladies property.

booooss
    Trump: The audience is bad, eminent domain, is the pipeline a private thing or a public thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    First hour verdict.

It's all Trump swings, he can be great on healthcare he can self-destruct on old ladies.

Rubio and Cristie attacked each other, Rubio came out relatively better but still very damaged.

The others are invisible.

So far Trump ends looking as an evil land snatcher.
  • Options
    Outside US, must be a lot of people Googling 'eminent domain' (if they are still awake). It means compulsory purchase.
  • Options
    Christie doing Rubio layers huge favours.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

First hour verdict.

It's all Trump swings, he can be great on healthcare he can self-destruct on old ladies.

Rubio and Cristie attacked each other, Rubio came out relatively better but still damaged.

The others are invisible.

Christies certainly seems to be going for it tonight. I guess a low placing in NH means he's out, so he needs at least 3rd or 4th in a state that should lean his way I'd say.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,370
    Catching up with it - Trump really cornered by Bush IMO, but Bush doesn't do charisma, even when he's making a first class point. Good moderator-audience interaction
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Indeed so far Rubio looks like an incompetent bore, but Christie looks even worse in comparison.
    Trump however has the highs and the lows in this debate.
  • Options

Catching up with it - Trump really cornered by Bush IMO, but Bush doesn't do charisma, even when he's making a first class point. Good moderator-audience interaction

Yep, first time I've seriously watched a full debate and seen Bush in action. Wooden.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Pulpstar said:

Indeed so far Rubio looks like an incompetent bore, but Christie looks even worse in comparison.
    Trump however has the highs and the lows in this debate.
    Christie has nothing to lose here, and he utterly hates Rubio.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question to Kasich.
    Will you end conservativism?

Kasich: I've cut budgets, Ohio , ohio , ohio, balanced budgets, jobs, we need economic growth and help the poor and the disabled, in america concervatism means everyone.

Trump: I'm a conservative, we want to conserve our wealth our country, I believe it very strongly.

Rubio: Conservatism is 3 things, no government, free enterprise, strong military, Obama is bad.
  • Options
    Kasich is great - I could see him doing well even in Britain.
  • Options
    Trump thinks America is the highest-taxed country in the world - lol
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Economy now.
    Question on Trump.
    How will you create jobs?

Trump: I will bring jobs back from everyone, TPP is a disaster, I will bring jobs back, we will cut taxes, we will bring back that offshore money, all the companies are leaving we will keep them with my tax structure.

Christie: Kasich has done a good job in Ohio, but he's using old statistics, New Jersey is a paradise, Kasich grew the state, New Jersey has fewer public workers now, Rubio acted like it wasn't his bill, in government we need to have responsibility, Kasich is great

Kasich: Ohio, Ohio, 2 billion surplus, pensions, credit rating Ohio, lower taxes, fiscal plan, cut taxes, job growth, i will make america like ohio.

Rubio: I think Obama is bad, obama is bad, obamacare, it's an obama conspiracy.
  • Options

Can you name a government anywhere in the world that gets more in tax receipts?
  • Options
    Christie going after Rubio again.
  • Options

Kasich is great - I could see him doing well even in Britain.

He may well get alot of moderates.
  • Options
    Trump hasn't been great. Fortunately for him Rubio has been worse.
  • Options
    Whenever Christie starts, I keep expecting Bruce Springsteen to turn up behind and start singing 'The River' :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Question on taxes on Rubio
    Are people wrong?

Rubio: nothing is solved by tax increases, we have the highest taxes in the world, 2 trillion dollars in offshore money, no increase in taxes, tax cuts.

Jeb: I like more millionaires, no government, but reform things, people are better off not working, taxes and regulations are bad, people should be rewarded, jeb2016.com

Christie: I raised taxes on millionaires, New Jersey was destroyed by that tax raise, I stopped it, people are wrong.
  • Options
    Rubio getting booed after trotting out his scripted line about "Obama knowing what he's doing" for the umpteenth time.
  • Options

Denmark: 49% of GDP
  • Options
    If Rubio falls, who benefits?
  • Options
    edited February 2016

America is surely much higher in absolute tax revenues, though.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ISIS
    Question on Cruz.
    How to defeat ISIS?

Cruz: we need an objective, you just need to set an objective, use massive airpower like the first persian war, saturation bombing, targeting, targeting, targeting.

What about civilians?

Cruz: I've visited town halls in N.H., our solders can't defend their selves, get in destroy them get out, no nation building.

Rubio: ISIS is an apocalyptic group, we need to understand that, we need to invade with sunni arabs, backed up by america, strike them all around the world. We shouldn't give US ground troops, only sunnis can, ISIS came from Al-Qaueda, sunnis don't trust Obama due to Iran, they know what America can do from Iraq and Afghanistan, Jordan begged.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Danny565 said:

Of course the US is going to receive more in absolute tax revenues than Denmark since it has a population about 54 times greater.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Rubio - "I've read the Atlantic article so I know how to defeat ISIS."
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    None of them have been great really. Trump's been rambling and giving even more unfocussed answers than usual. Rubio's been exposed as more of an on-message robot than Hillary. Christie, although he's landed some blows on Rubio, he's coming across a bit desperate really. Jeb and Carson have been invisible.

Cruz is probably the "winner" I would guess - he has atleast been giving a coherent pitch of what his candidacy is about.
  • Options
    Rubio: Sunnis have not fought on the ground against ISIS because of last month's deal with Iran.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Danny565 said:

Of course the US is going to receive more in absolute tax revenues than Denmark since it has a population about 54 times greater.
    Exactly - so it's technically true, albeit misleading, that the US is the "highest-taxed" country (if defined by highest absolute tax revenues)
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

None of them have been great really. Trump's been rambling and giving even more unfocussed answers than usual. Rubio's been exposed as more of an on-message robot than Hillary. Christie, although he's landed some blows on Rubio, he's coming across a bit desperate really. Jeb and Carson have been invisible.

Cruz is probably the "winner" I would guess - he has atleast been giving a coherent pitch.

So far, nothing here that will change the polls on the ground IMHO.
  • Options
    Trump: 4 years ago take the oil, you should take the oil, oil trucks, why we don't bomb the oil, get rid of the arab banks that give money to ISIS, you take away their money and the oil, without the money they will go in a year.
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Cruz is probably the "winner" I would guess - he has atleast been giving a coherent pitch.

So far, nothing here that will change the polls on the ground IMHO.
    Marcomentum could be stopped a bit methinks.
This discussion has been closed.