Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The PB Oldham Prediction and this week’s local by-elections

Comments

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited December 2015
    Update from the count using photos, UKIP and the Tories are very close on Table 16 (the only one clearly visible), the Labour tray is obscured by the lady in front though:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVVdDSEUwAAcmoN.jpg
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,899
    Anorak said:

QT: FFS Diane Abbott is a populist moron

Yup.
  • Options

Danny565 said:

Though it seems to have been written out of history, Glorious Leader David Cameron almost lost his first by-election in a Tory-held seat -- he suffered a 14% swing away from him to the Lib Dems in Bromley and Chislehurst in June 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromley_and_Chislehurst_by-election,_2006

#justsaying

A PBer stood in that by election
    Two PBers, if you count John Loony as well as David Cameron.
    Cameron didn't stand in that by election
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

How many postal votes were issued?

Given the constituency, probably fewer than were returned...:-)
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Goodness, all the "intelligence" from the Oldham count is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Various things flatly contradicting others:

https://twitter.com/JenWilliamsMEN/status/672546771588030465
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @paulwaugh: Dimbleby got the answer in the end. Diane Abbott now says it was 'right' to bombing ISIL in Iraq - having voted against it last yr. #bbcqt

@DPJHodges: Can't remember seeing anyone humiliate themself so comprehensively as Diane Abbott just did over Iraq bombing on QT.

@francesbarber13: Diane Abbott is on my Telly again. That's 3 I've smashed since Tuesday .
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,080
    edited December 2015
    Speedy, last thread

"True, but look at the states that matter, and the percentage of Latinos:
    Colorado 21.2
    Iowa: 5.6
    Ohio: 3.5
    Nevada: 27.8
    Pennsylvania: 6.6
    Michigan: 4.8
    Virginia: 8.9
    N.Carolina: 9
    Minnesota: 5.1
    Florida: 24.1 (special case, those Latinos are Cuban not Mexican, Cuban's vote differently)

As you can see only Colorado and Nevada have high numbers of latino votes and they only have 6 and 9 Electoral Votes.
    The problem for the republicans is getting the white working class to vote for them again after the crash of 2008, not the minorities.
    Example look at Ohio, the drop in Latinos voting for the GOP only cost them max 0.7%, the GOP lost Ohio by much larger percentages than that."

Colorado, Nevada and Florida between them comprise 43 Electoral College votes, fail to win at least one of those states and it is highly likely you lose the presidency. The Republicans would have to win Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia, New Hampshire and Michigan to win to compensate, almost impossible, so wrong. In Florida a majority of Hispanics are non-Cuban, with Cubans making up just over a third of the Hispanics there so the GOP cannot ignore the Hispanic vote there either
    http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/factsheets/9.pdf
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,370
    Danny565 said:

Although Maajid Nawaz speaks a lot of sense, he has something of a (LibDem-esque?) air of sanctimony which puts me off him.

he gets a free pass from me every time. Talks sense, is a sensible bloke, been there bought the t-shirt, etc.

I appreciate that if you are on a panel with Diane you are going to need all the strength god gave you not to appear condescending and sanctimonious.
  • Options
    Pong said:

viewcode said:

Speedy said:
    Remind me again: who usually benefits from very low turnouts?
    I'd be gobsmacked if turnout was below 20%.

It'll be low, but not that low.
    It's pissing down, it's December, it's dark, it's cold, Corbyn is as popular as dogpoo...
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

"The Daily Mirror is reporting that Labour’s majority could be reduced to under 1,000. A party figure I spoke to earlier seemed rather more confident than you would expect if that forecast were accurate, but the Mirror figures are broadly in line with this prediction from the elections expert Ian Warren."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2015/dec/03/oldham-byelection-labour-corbyn-ukip-challenge-in-first-test-of-corbyns-popularity-live

Shades of Heywood, 2014 - Lab majority 617.
  • Options
    Am I crazy to think Nicky Morgan is even more out of her depth than Diane?
  • Options
    @MrHarryCole: Talk of Labour 6:1 on postal votes. 6,000 head start and low turnout on day. Add to that them talking it down would point to comfortable win
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    TOPPING said:

Speedy said:

isam said:

Sky poll

Do air strike against IS in Syria make you feel more safe, less safe, or no difference

Less 43
    More 20
    No Diff 38

54/46 Support them though

The war had a 17 point lead just a few days ago with yougov, opinions are changing quickly.
    Perfectly understandable IMO.

Before airstrikes = lower threat* therefore more gung-ho in support
    After airstrikes = threat higher, it's actually happening, therefore more cautious.

*I don't personally think airstrikes makes us any less safe. It's a matter of degree. If now 101 people want us destroyed vs 100 previously, the concept of "less safe" becomes moot.
    It's also the case that the previous polls were in the near aftermath of Paris, so may have represented a "spike" in themselves.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    edited December 2015
    TOPPING said:

Speedy said:

isam said:

Sky poll

Do air strike against IS in Syria make you feel more safe, less safe, or no difference

Less 43
    More 20
    No Diff 38

54/46 Support them though

The war had a 17 point lead just a few days ago with yougov, opinions are changing quickly.
    Perfectly understandable IMO.

Before airstrikes = lower threat* therefore more gung-ho in support
    After airstrikes = threat higher, it's actually happening, therefore more cautious.

*I don't personally think airstrikes makes us any less safe. It's a matter of degree. If now 101 people want us destroyed vs 100 previously, the concept of "less safe" becomes moot.
    It's also the case that the previous polls were in the near aftermath of Paris, so may have represented a "spike" in themselves now reverting to mean.

• Options

Danny565 said:

Though it seems to have been written out of history, Glorious Leader David Cameron almost lost his first by-election in a Tory-held seat -- he suffered a 14% swing away from him to the Lib Dems in Bromley and Chislehurst in June 2006.

#justsaying

John Looney
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    JonathanD said:

Oh the inhumanity...

"A UKIP van blasting out ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas’ was spotted in Royton.

The Bing Crosby classic was heard blaring from speakers on a van with a poster of UKIP candidate John Bickley on the side.

The song choice has caused outrage among Labour supporters after it was shared on Twitter by Audenshaw councillor Oliver Ryan.

“It’s a really cynical move. They’ll say there’s nothing wrong with playing Christmas songs, but doing something like that is playing with fire.”

He added: “White Christmas has other connotations. It’s not helpful but it’s what we have come to expect from UKIP in the last three weeks.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ukip-van-playing-bing-crosbys-10546137

Should have been sure to play "Goodness Gracious Me" and "The Banana Boat Song" so as to assure that all voters are brought under the UKIP banner!
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

How many do you need?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    Who is the person on the right or centre right this week ?
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

Danny565 said:

#justsaying

If only he could get safari on his iPad to login, we might have got a post from DC....

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,952
    edited December 2015
    Danny565 said:

Am I crazy to think Nicky Morgan is even more out of her depth than Diane?

Three of the worst hair do's you are likely to see on women on one tv show... good work!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2015
    Scott_P said:

Labour 6:1 on postal votes. 6,000 head start and low turnout on day.

All from the same street?

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Pulpstar said:

Jill Kirby (sp?)
  • Options
    @rustinpeace00: Scenes from #OldhamWest: With turnout looking thin, Labour's postal votes have arrived for counting. https://t.co/zCxRUAwbJ8
  • Options
    Speedy said:

AnneJGP said:

45 minutes to save Oldham West!

Looks like a comfortable Labour hold.
    I told that was going to happen weeks ago.
    This is from sources on the ground.

This is a seat UKIP shouldn't be even close to winning, but Corbyn has done his best to try and lose this by election.
    So Mr Corbyn has done his best to lose this by-election, yet Labour are still thought to be holding it comfortably.

That's good news for the Corbynites then, surely? It undermines the claims that he's an election-loser.
    The Tooting by election is what will seal Mr Corbyn's fate
    True, that will be a close one.
    However Khan might decide to keep his seat and be MP and Mayor like Boris.
    London tends to give Corbyn better ratings than the country as a whole so I doubt Labour will lose Tooting, a Labour northern or Midlands seat with a lower Muslim vote is more likely
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Nicky Morgan and Majid Nawaz
  • Options
    notme said:

Danny565 said:

#justsaying

If only he could get safari on his iPad to login, we might have got a post from DC....

Use chrome on an iPad to post on PB.

Dave if you're reading. Make me a Peer.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Danny565 said:

#justsaying

John Looney
    He also stood in Croydon North in 2012
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@rustinpeace00: Scenes from #OldhamWest: With turnout looking thin, Labour's postal votes have arrived for counting. https://t.co/zCxRUAwbJ8

Big turnout for the Ali family at number 32.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    Harry Cole ‏@MrHarryCole 4m4 minutes ago
    Talk of Labour 6:1 on postal votes. 6,000 head start and low turnout on day. Add to that them talking it down would point to comfortable win
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,856
    AndyJS said:

As many as are necessary.
  • Options
    Britain Elects Retweeted
    Helen Pidd ‏@helenpidd 4m4 minutes ago
    "We've clearly lost", a Ukip source tells me at the Oldham West & Royton byelection count.
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

This is a seat UKIP shouldn't be even close to winning, but Corbyn has done his best to try and lose this by election.
    So Mr Corbyn has done his best to lose this by-election, yet Labour are still thought to be holding it comfortably.

That's good news for the Corbynites then, surely? It undermines the claims that he's an election-loser.
    Michael Foot won Oldham West by over 3,000 votes in 1983 when Margaret Thatcher won a majority of over 140 nationally and Labour got just 27% of the national vote, it may mean Corbyn might scrape 200 seats on a good night but claiming he is an election winner is pushing it a bit, especially as Labour is still likely to see its majority cut since May
  • Options
    Ukip leader Nigel Farage has told ITV News his party will lose the Oldham West and Royton by-election because many voters here ‘don’t speak English’.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    HYUFD said:

Corbyn might scrape 200 seats on a good night but claiming he is an election winner is pushing it a bit

Very good use of "a bit".

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

Big turnout for the Ali family at number 32.
    32 voters at no. 32?
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

Britain Elects Retweeted
    "We've clearly lost", a Ukip source tells me at the Oldham West & Royton byelection count.

They cannot know that at this situation without intricate detailed knowledge of the voting profiles of individual polling stations as they are counted. UKIP will not have that. For it to be accurately assessed they are ,owing at this stage means they are 5,000+ behind labour.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    HYUFD said:

AnneJGP said:

Michael Foot won Oldham West by over 3,000 votes in 1983 when Margaret Thatcher won a majority of over 140 nationally and Labour got just 27% of the national vote, it may mean Corbyn might scrape 200 seats on a good night but claiming he is an election winner is pushing it a bit, especially as Labour is still likely to see its majority cut since May
    Meacher!
  • Options
    I think, with respect Caroline, Maajid Nawaz knows a damn sight more than you !
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    HYUFD said:

Speedy, last thread

Colorado, Nevada and Florida between them comprise 43 Electoral College votes, fail to win at least one of those states and it is highly likely you lose the presidency. The Republicans would have to win Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Ohio, Iowa, Virginia, New Hampshire and Michigan to win to compensate, almost impossible, so wrong. In Florida a majority of Hispanics are non-Cuban, with Cubans making up just over a third of the Hispanics there so the GOP cannot ignore the Hispanic vote there either

In Florida mexicans are only 7.5% of the latino vote, 2/3rds of them are puerto-ricans (Puerto Rico is a US territory) and cubans.
    You have to learn to distinguish the nationality of the latino vote by country of origin.
    So when lets say Trump insults mexican illegal immigrants we know the magnitude of it's impact.
    Without Florida which is a special case (as I said Latinos there are not mexicans), Colorado and Nevada together are 15 electoral votes, less that the smallest rust belt state (Michigan 16 E.Votes).
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    The Labour percentage will be the most interesting thing.
  • Options
    Predictions from Labour figures on tonight’s result vary massively, all the way from a majority of a few hundred up to around 4,000.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Danny565 said:

#justsaying

Though the last opinion poll before that by-election had the Tories on 36% and Labour on 35% and the LDs on 18%, the last opinion poll before this by-election has the Tories on 41% and Labour on 30%, UKIP on 16% and the LDs on 6%
    http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2005-2010
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    chestnut said:

The big test is whether they beat the majority Dave got (633) in his first by-election defence as leader.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    viewcode said:

Pong said:

viewcode said:

Speedy said:

It's pissing down, it's December, it's dark, it's cold, Corbyn is as popular as dogpoo...
    The weather was actually relatively good until about 5pm.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621

Anorak said:

You're new to politics aren't you?
    Yes, ok, I shouldn't let it wind me up. But it does. She's f*cking everywhere at the moment, and ...

.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHHHHH she's doing it again. Breeeeeeathe...
  • Options
    I think he meant that Foot was Labour leader at the time.
    geoffw said:

HYUFD said:

AnneJGP said:

Meacher!
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    So the counting has only just started:
    https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/672549791885340672
  • Options
    @ArifBBC: Hearing it could be a good night for Labour and a distant second for UKIP in Oldham West & Royton by-election.
  • Options
    Remember Bob Marshall-Andrews in 2005 declaring on the BBC election show that he'd lost his seat and then holding it by 200 a few hours later.

Britain Elects Retweeted

• Options
    edited December 2015

George EatonVerified account
    @georgeeaton
    Lib Dem source at Oldham count: Labour over 50%, Ukip poor second, other parties lost deposits.

Seems the photos from the count were not lying.
    Someone might eat Lord Ashdowns hat tonight (David Herdson).
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Anorak said:

Yes, ok, I shouldn't let it wind me up. But it does. She's f*cking everywhere at the moment, and ...

I prefer to think of her as a great GOTV boon for the Tories.

Jez should keep her on TV, rather than sending her on a bike riding trip to Germany.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@ArifBBC: Hearing it could be a good night for Labour and a distant second for UKIP in Oldham West & Royton by-election.

We're aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiight
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

chestnut said:

The big test is whether they beat the majority Dave got (633) in his first by-election defence as leader.
    If Labour win by 1000 that's not encouraging for them
  • Options
    Yes Diane, he does !
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

As a member of PB Tories 4 Corbyn, I hope it is correct ;)
  • Options
    Nicky Morgan identifying the three terrorist sympathisers by name. Perhaps going on about it isn't that bright?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    AHAHAHAHAHA Diane handed her arse on a plate re "terrorist sympathisers"

Sweet.
  • Options
    @election_data: Good night, this thing's cooked.
  • Options

Nicky Morgan identifying the three terrorist sympathisers by name. Perhaps going on about it isn't that bright?

Three ?
  • Options

Dewey vs. Truman?
  • Options

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

Jez should keep her on TV, rather than sending her on a bike riding trip to Germany.
    I would pay cash money to see Diane Abbott on a pushbike.
  • Options
    More from LabourList:

23.03: Because of the nature of this seat, we can expect varying reports at different points of the night. 20% of the electorate is British Asian, and are largely condensed to communities in the centre of the seat.

Around that, all across the east of the seat, is white working class communities. It is among these voters that UKIP are taking chunks out of Labour support. In the west of the seat are more middle class areas, where UKIP are likely to be taking votes away from the Tories. Data guru (and former Labour staffer) Ian Warren has an excellent analysis of the constituency in greater depth in The Guardian.

Opening of ballot boxes is already well underway, and while 20 minutes ago Labour appeared to be smashing it, UKIP have now had a few boxes fall heavily in their favour. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s over yet.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Three ?
    Livingstone
  • Options
    Corbynism sweeping the nation....
  • Options

Cooked as in bent ?
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    An awful lot of people with egg on their faces. How the hell this got talked up to a virtual neck and neck fight I don't know. Anyway I am richer tonight so happy I guess. Corbyn is safe which is great news as well.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Tweet on Britainelects suggests that Labour would do well initially as muslim vote from centre comes in first - and then UKIP would claw back from the areas further out.
  • Options
    The UN passed a resolution of all 5 bloody permanent members.
  • Options

And so is his accurate down to the last figure prediction.
    The question is whether David Herdson will eat Lord Ashdown's hat if Labour get 55+% as he promised on PB.
  • Options
    The public is really thick aren't they !
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy, last thread

In Florida mexicans are only 7.5% of the latino vote, 2/3rds of them are puerto-ricans (Puerto Rico is a US territory) and cubans.
    You have to learn to distinguish the nationality of the latino vote by country of origin.
    So when lets say Trump insults mexican illegal immigrants we know the magnitude of it's impact.
    Without Florida which is a special case (as I said Latinos there are not mexicans), Colorado and Nevada together are 15 electoral votes, less that the smallest rust belt state (Michigan 16 E.Votes).
    Obama swept non-Cuban voters in 2012 in Florida winning 66% of them to 34% for Romney, Cubans split almost equally, 49% for Obama and 47% for Romney, close to the 50% to 49% margin by which Obama won the state, had Obama not won non-Cuban Hispanics as strongly Romney would almost certainly have won Florida

Even among Latino voters with family incomes of $50,000 or more across the US, 59% voted for Obama while 39% voted for Romney.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2012

Michigan even voted for Kerry, I doubt it will vote for Trump
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

viewcode said:

Pong said:

viewcode said:

Speedy said:

The weather was actually relatively good until about 5pm.
    It's relatively good weather, it's December, it's dark, it's cold, Corbyn is as popular as dogpoo...

Yes but "not inclement for the time of year" doesn't have the same ring to it...
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Blaming the voters now?

George Eaton ‏@georgeeaton 11m11 minutes ago
    Lib Dem source at Oldham count: Labour over 50%, Ukip poor second, other parties lost deposits.
  • Options
    Apparently the LDs are saying all parties other than Lab and UKIP have lost their deposits.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Anorak said:

Anorak said:

I would pay cash money to see Diane Abbott on a pushbike.
    I'd pay a small fortune to see her ride a unicycle over a pit full of porcupines.
  • Options

It's so spectacularly stupid that one can only conclude that they are so rattled that they are losing the capacity for rational thought.
  • Options
    Nicky Morgan saying that Corbyn was photographed shaking Gerry Adams hand therefore supports terrorists. So was the queen
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    HYUFD said:

Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

Speedy, last thread

Obama swept non-Cuban voters in 2012 in Florida winning 66% of them to 34% for Romney, Cubans split almost equally, 49% for Obama and 47% for Romney, close to the 50% to 49% margin by which Obama won the state, had Obama not won non-Cuban Hispanics as strongly Romney would almost certainly have won Florida
    http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida,_2012
    You have also proven what I was saying, that Cubans vote differently than Mexicans which is why we must break down the latino vote by state and nationality of origin.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Pulpstar said:

Blaming the voters now?

I was referring to the chap in the QT audience who said the UN hadn't done anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    AndyJS said:

Apparently the LDs are saying all parties other than Lab and UKIP have lost their deposits.

That would be a Tory->Lab swing.
  • Options
    Maybe the LDs have completely lost the plot if the think the Tories have lost their deposit, unless they're right of course.

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/672552170395467776?lang=en-gb
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    San Bernadino shootings:

Just two questions:

1. Al Qaeda or IS?

2. Inspired by or directed by?

• Options

Nicky Morgan saying that Corbyn was photographed shaking Gerry Adams hand therefore supports terrorists. So was the queen

Grow up
  • Options
    @britainelects: Conservative HOLD Teme Valley (Malvern Hills).
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Speedy said:

Pulpstar said:

Blaming the voters now?

I was referring to the chap in the QT audience who said the UN hadn't done anything.
    Well they haven't sent any UN troops.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Fucking hell I hope the Tories are ahead of the yellow peril still.

That'd be astounding if the Tories have lost their deposit.
  • Options

It's the ensemble of his activities, not just the one hand shake.
  • Options
    "A conservative party source has told the Telegraph that they expect Labour's majority to plummet to just 2,000 votes.
    "The majority is going to be slashed, of that there is little doubt," he said.
    "We expect the majority to drop from 15,000 down to as little as 2,000. That's a hollow victory.""

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/parliamentary-constituencies/oldham-west-and-royton/12031040/oldham-west-royton-by-election-results.html
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362
    edited December 2015
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_P said:

We're aaaaaaaaaallllll LLLLLEEEEFFFTTTT! :lol:
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

Superb tactical voting by the Tories in Oldham. :D
  • Options
    Teme Valley (Malvern Hills) result:
    CON: 63.8% (-8.4)
    LAB: 22.9% (+22.9)
    UKIP: 13.3% (-14.4)

CON HOLD
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

Relax. Being astonished by unsubstantiated rumours from anonymous sources who can't actually know is a mugs' game!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

notme said:

Danny565 said:

#justsaying

Use chrome on an iPad to post on PB.

Dave if you're reading. Make me a Peer.
    You're peerless, TSE.

And the answer's no.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    How do these people get away with it?
    Is it because the police and authorities are thick, or do they turn a blind eye?
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/672540760651231232
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

Relax. Being astonished by unsubstantiated rumours from anonymous sources who can't actually know is a mugs' game!
    I pitched at 500 erstwhile Lib Dems earlier.
  • Options
    @britainelects:
    Teme Valley (Malvern Hills) result:
    CON: 63.8% (-8.4)
    LAB: 22.9% (+22.9)
    UKIP: 13.3% (-14.4)
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Maybe the LDs have completely lost the plot if the think the Tories have lost their deposit, unless they're right of course.

Tories not popular in the north, or due to tactical voting they switched to UKIP, or bad weather. Probably all of them.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Sounds like someone is pulling his leg.
  • Options
    If Labour fake enough postal ballots to win the seat, you may wish some cheering up. The second Batman vs Superman trailer is out. Doomsday & Wonder Woman's in it.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951
    Sounds like the Lib Dems in Oldham don't have a clue.
This discussion has been closed.