Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the day of the royal birth – Marf and the weekend genera

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,028

Even I'm getting polling overload here :lol:

So there are TWO Survations this weekend??

No, one poll, two different questions/methodologies.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,217
    MikeK said:

Danny565 said:

Is it confirmed that we're getting an exit poll btw? It's going to be an utter nightmare to produce this year surely.

We're getting at least two exit polls, well the traditional one for the broadcasters conducted by Ipsos Mori.

John Curtice said it might be bollocks this time (well it not so many words)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-30/u-k-election-exit-pollster-says-his-poll-may-be-vague-or-wrong

Populus are also doing one, based on online respondents (I'm a participant in that one)

I also expect YouGov to do something similar for what they did in the indyref
    I'm doing the Populus one as well TSE. We will cancel each other out in vote numbers. LOL
    But I am doing it too.

PB Tories rule!
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

English batting = Sat night polling.

English bowlers = Tories on thursday.

As on Thursday, just like tonight, Yorkshire will save us (I hope)
    It was Thursday when the Tories lost. Ed's TOTAL REJECTION of the SNP wot won it !
    I wonder if that is the case. If it is, it means Miliband won on a TOTAL LIE, and he will suffer for it, in time.
    It maybe the case but if Labour wins 300 or so seats the SNP question will be short-circuited out...

300 seats looking possible if not probable at the moment...
    But given Scotland, that would mean Labour making 92 gains from Con and Lib Dems.
    A swing of 6.5% is needed in E&W for that, essentially Labour ahead by 2% in E&W or 3% in the UK.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    And the tories wonder why they don't win more seats in Scotland.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,352
    Or online polls have a greater propensity to sample zealots? You decide.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,581
    Sun's front page tomorrow with the new Royal Princess - see inside pages 2,3,4.5,6,7,8 & 9 + souvenir edition - GE campaign cancelled till Tuesday probaby
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    and this is why you must lay Boris Johnson over the summer in the tory leadership election.

You can't aspire to be PM and use words like that.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

It was Thursday when the Tories lost. Ed's TOTAL REJECTION of the SNP wot won it !
    I wonder if that is the case. If it is, it means Miliband won on a TOTAL LIE, and he will suffer for it, in time.
    It maybe the case but if Labour wins 300 or so seats the SNP question will be short-circuited out...

But given Scotland, that would mean Labour making 92 gains from Con and Lib Dems.

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

OK - I know I'm being optimistic but here's as assessment on how Labour can get to 300...

losses to SNP ~ 30
    gains from LD ~ 10
    gains from Tories ~60

Very optimistic but it's possible if Labour have a good night.

Equally probable as Jack W's assessment in my opinion.
    Be like me, be pessimistic on our side's performance, so if they do badly, it won't be a surprise, and if they do brilliantly, then you'll love it even more.
  • Options

Just wondering...when are the Lib Dem starting their GE campaign?

Anytime now, around 2020.
    That is the year 2020, not 20 past 8. (bad joke time)
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    @TheScreamingEagles
    Here is something to throw into you votingreform thread, Quadratic Voting
    http://ericposner.com/quadratic-voting/
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    I see Labour really going for this sexual equality agenda http://order-order.com/#_@/IfeAW6k5WkGJsA
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    Dixie said:

All the stuff I am getting back from canvassers agrees with Jack. But then we are mining the same data and if it bollocks then we blues are stuffed.

Stop panicking, the only bigger joke than these polls that are all over place are the idiots on here who take them as gospel if they suit their narrative.

Tory minority still the best bet.
  • Options

This gets on my t#ts.

Who should rule?

Well, the Queen rules.
    The government governs.
    The Queen reigns, she doesn't rule.
  • Options

Sun's front page tomorrow with the new Royal Princess - see inside pages 2,3,4.5,6,7,8 & 9 + souvenir edition - GE campaign cancelled till Tuesday probaby

So make that 2 days campaigning left for the Tories to salvage something.
  • Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    TSE

Should try being a Lab supporter on this site. Soemtimes you would think you were the only person in the country that voted for them...
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,052

Sunil- what has happened to your Elbow dear chap?

And, if you watched today's test, you would fall in love with cricket. It has been absolutely gripping. Even a cricket cynic like yourself would have switched

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

and this is why you must lay Boris Johnson over the summer in the tory leadership election.

Its a pretty cool neologism. As good as Scotterdamerung.
  • Options

It's a corker of an interview, it is why he might win the Tory leadership election.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221

Nonsense on here about postal votes as it is only the outer envelope that is opened prior to election day so the political choice of the voter remains secret .
    A Labour majority is now closer tonight after the most recent polls.

So how did this happen then?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/apr/29/labour-candidate-apologises-twitter-vote
    It is like looking at nipples through a see through bra. The bra is meant to stop you seeing, but you can see and it's great. Postal votes should not be counted until election day as the results are plain for all to see.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Opinium/Obs CON 35 LAB 34
    CRes/IoS CON 33 LAB 33
    Srvation/MoS CON 31 LAB 34
    YG/STimes CON 34 LAB 33

So overall that's 2-1 on the polls to the Tories.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,110
    IOS said:

TSE

Should try being a Lab supporter on this site. Soemtimes you would think you were the only person in the country that voted for them...

Really? Plenty of Lab posters on here.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

I wonder what inspired Douglas to talk about Shy Kippers?

https://twitter.com/DouglasCarswell/status/594405202763128832

Well, all the Kippers are now metamorphosing into herring shoals heading for the polling booths.
  • Options
    Boris: "People are looking at Miliband...getting bad visuals of him popping out of Alex Salmond’s sporran like a baffled baby kangaroo."

Boris: "Nobody thinks this is going to be some tartan tyranny with everybody forced to wear kilts. But it would be a chaotic and tense".

Boris on Mili's view of capitalism: “He regards it as something like sewage or an unpleasant bodily function that has got to be managed"

Boris on Mili: "He’s had a total meltdown in Scotland. He’s responded like the one-legged millipede that goes left, left, left.”
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,047

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

OK - I know I'm being optimistic but here's as assessment on how Labour can get to 300...

losses to SNP ~ 30
    gains from LD ~ 10
    gains from Tories ~60

Be like me, be pessimistic on our side's performance, so if they do badly, it won't be a surprise, and if they do brilliantly, then you'll love it even more.
    OK - I'll use Jack's prediction as the baseline. Surely Labour can't do worse that that?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Well that's a view but maybe 2 days for labour to salvage their campaign - it is not over yet
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,580

CRes/IoS CON 33 LAB 33
    YG/STimes CON 34 LAB 33

Not wishing to steal BJO's thing, but overall that's 4-0 in favour of EICIPM.
  • Options
    TSE

Can't wait till he is Tory leader. Ed will monster him.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Failure to explain £12 BN welfare cuts is a disaster for Dave IMO

Laughable statement.

A real disaster is Ed being so deluded he didn't think the previous government overspent.
    Labour didn't overspend. Deficit was lower than Germany, France....
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,047
    weejonnie said:

I see Labour really going for this sexual equality agenda http://order-order.com/#_@/IfeAW6k5WkGJsA

Not good! Maybe some cultural overly but still not good...
  • Options
    So in conclusion tonight, mixed news but marginally in favour for Labour, royal baby cuts GE campaign short, hints that UKIP might be recovering a bit, no sign of Cameron remaining in No.10 for long.

Goodnight.
  • Options
    Rob

You can't believe I meant that literally.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Good polls today for LAB.

Where is DH streaking.

Get on LAB most seats now

Price will fall was 5.1 now 4.9 YG EICIPM still to come

What is it now ?

Edit: 4.5 now 22:10
  • Options
    MontyMonty Posts: 346
    RobD said:

IOS said:

TSE

Not really. Under 20% I think.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    antifrank said:

mikehunt said:

Interesting post here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/34m9yv/my_senile_grandpa_placed_a_30000_bet_is_there/

Basically, his grandad placed £30k on the Tories to win the G.E.. Grandson now claiming the bet is void because senile.

Welcome, Mr Hunt. Your parents could have been kinder naming you.
    I went to school with a Gordon Bennett and in my industry at one time was a gent called Richard Head ... I kid you not.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    surbiton said:

Laughable statement.

A real disaster is Ed being so deluded he didn't think the previous government overspent.
    Provided of course you don't count the PFI commitments - that are strangling the NHS.
  • Options
    I'm coming to the conclusion that Scotland isn't going to be as bad as expected for Labour and laying the 5 and under position on Betfair. The swings required are just massive. I'm hearing a little bit of swing back towards labour
  • Options
    murali_s said:

murali_s said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

losses to SNP ~ 30
    gains from LD ~ 10
    gains from Tories ~60

OK - I'll use Jack's prediction as the baseline. Surely Labour can't do worse that that?
    I think Jack is being a bit pessimistic on Labour's figures.

For what it is worth, I'm fully expecting Ed Miliband to be our PM within the next month or so.
  • Options
    Boris on Mili: "He’s had a total meltdown in Scotland. He’s responded like the one-legged millipede that goes left, left, left.”

Boris on Clegg: "I have feelings of ordinary human compassion just as I might feel a twinge if I accidentally trod on a wasp or a slug."
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited May 2015
    Pong said:

And the tories wonder why they don't win more seats in Scotland.
    Agree ,some say he wants to be the future PM of all our countries.

He would have been ripped to part if he was leader of the tories for those comments.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    RobD said:

IOS said:

TSE

Apparently it leans Tory heavy, though it may seem otherwise as some Tory pessimists might be mistaken for Labour at first glance. And there are secret Tories everywhere, I am told.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Scotland isn't going to be as bad as expected for Labour and laying the 5 and under position on Betfair. The swings required are just massive. I'm hearing a little bit of swing back towards labour

Given there are polls that if they occurred would give the SNP a clean sweep of all 59 seats, it seems possible things might not be quite that bad at least. It doesn't have to improve by much for them to do better than expected, so it seems reasonable to prepare for something in the range of 6-10 holds (No, SNP, I am not saying that will happen, it is a possibility being floated)
  • Options
    Cammo is a goner.

The only question is what Ed will have to work with.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,110
    IOS said:

Rob

You can't believe I meant that literally.

Well you never know with some people!
  • Options

Speedy said:

Well that's a view but maybe 2 days for labour to salvage their campaign - it is not over yet
    Warming up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIVfbylUU-M
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

In fairness to Boris, he knows he probably has little appeal to lose north of the border. If he's ever PM, it will likely be of an independent England.
  • Options
    MontyMonty Posts: 346

It's a corker of an interview, it is why he might win the Tory leadership election.
    Can't stand the man but in some ways I hope he is the next Tory leader. I don't think the Tories would win under him as he's too polarising a figure. But on reflection I wouldn't want to risk it. He'd be a disaster as PM.
  • Options
    Good luck with that Cammo...
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,775
    Rearrange...they...chicken...counting... hatch...before..
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    IOS said:

TSE

Can't wait till he is Tory leader. Ed will monster him.

Christ,I agree with you,the man as tory leader will take the tories to the Hague years.

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,068

Wow, I never knew so many Yougovers were in favour of a United Ireland.
  • Options

I'm coming to the conclusion that Scotland isn't going to be as bad as expected for Labour

From an SNP point of view, word of a walkover got out too early - given people enough time to think, "hmm, not sure about this".
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,987
    I'm bemused by some reactions on here. The polls are tied. Labour will have to rely on the SNP. The Tories will not have enough seats. Neither scenario is cause for celebration,.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @IOS

They will have to pry the keys from his cold dead hand.

:)
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    An exclusive poll for The Sunday Times shows The SNP is heading for a landslide victory on Thursday with Nicola Sturgeon’s popularity growing by the day, as the party seeks to form a Westminster alliance with left-wing Labour MPs.

A YouGov survey of 1,162 voters in Scotland puts the SNP on 49%, Labour on 26%, the Conservatives on 15% and Lib Dems on 7%, with Ukip on 2% and the Greens on 1%.

Assuming a uniform swing it would mean the nationalists winning 54 seats (+48 from 2010), Labour holding just four (-37), Lib Dems 1 (-10) and the Tories losing their only MP, Scotland Office minister David Mundell.

This is how the Sunday Times is reporting the Scottish poll. Not quite the seat projection suggested by PBers. I don't see Murphy holding given his dramatic personal unpopularity.

The Libs are all gone deservedly so apart from Carmichael who survives with no credit - Moore was a far better representative. The rest of the unionist rump should go and go now for any good that they have been doing.
  • Options

Dixie said:

All the stuff I am getting back from canvassers agrees with Jack. But then we are mining the same data and if it bollocks then we blues are stuffed.

Stop panicking, the only bigger joke than these polls that are all over place are the idiots on here who take them as gospel if they suit their narrative.

Now out to 7/1

http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=115878540&ex=1&origin=MRL
  • Options
    IOS said:

Good luck with that Cammo...

I hope he does it for the comedy value alone (not that I think he will get the chance).

"The people have spoken, and they have spoken...let's say it was clearly, that they want Conservatives at the heart of the next government. Let's not worry about who can cobble together what numbers in the commons, that's just maths, what is important is the people want a Cameron led government. Right? Boris, Theresa, back me up here. Guys? Where'd everybody go?"
  • Options

I'm coming to the conclusion that Scotland isn't going to be as bad as expected for Labour

From an SNP point of view, word of a walkover got out too early - given people enough time to think, "hmm, not sure about this".
    I am fairly certain all that talk of total wipe out is utter nonsense. SNP clearly going to batter Labour, but wouldn't be surprised if it isn't as quite as bad as polled.
  • Options
    Can PBers do me a favour, and dig out the links for some of the SNP candidates who have come out with, ahem, interesting comments.

I know one said something about No voters being Quislings and another wanted the economy to explode/crash as it would help Scottish independence.
  • Options
    Smarmeron

We already know cammo wants out.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

IOS said:

TSE

Apparently it leans Tory heavy, though it may seem otherwise as some Tory pessimists might be mistaken for Labour at first glance. And there are secret Tories everywhere, I am told.

Given there are polls that if they occurred would give the SNP a clean sweep of all 59 seats, it seems possible things might not be quite that bad at least. It doesn't have to improve by much for them to do better than expected, so it seems reasonable to prepare for something in the range of 6-10 holds (No, SNP, I am not saying that will happen, it is a possibility being floated)
    I have SLab 0-20 covered for profit for whilst I got on 0-5 at a nice price I am not a moron.
  • Options

I'm bemused by some reactions on here. The polls are tied. Labour will have to rely on the SNP. The Tories will not have enough seats. Neither scenario is cause for celebration,.

Some people, though not myself, like the idea of Labour having to rely on the SNP, and not all of them are Scottish nationalists.

As for neither scenario being cause for celebration, it has been clear for a while that it was unlikely to be an election which resulted in a stable government (even narrow majorities are problematic in their own way), so whatever happens I think most people are prepared for chaos to follow, and not much point worrying about it overmuch.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Wow, I never knew so many Yougovers were in favour of a United Ireland.
    I am, but not the way round you think!

• Options
    Flightpath1Flightpath1 Posts: 207
    edited May 2015

In fairness to Boris, he knows he probably has little appeal to lose north of the border. If he's ever PM, it will likely be of an independent England.
    Its broadly true. How the nation copes with the SNP trying to destroy the country is a problem. Boris has highlighted the problem.
  • Options

This gets on my t#ts.

Who should rule?

Well, the Queen rules.
    The government governs.
    The Queen reigns, she doesn't rule.
    She rules and she reigns. A government only governs.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @IOS
    Not as a "one term" PM though?
  • Options
    Presumably, aside from the YouGov, tonights polls with Opinium, Survation and Comres are final polls...Question to our polling guru TSE
  • Options
    Via Tim Shipman in the Sunday Times

Cameron allies say he'll try for a coalition if he falls short but if can't get coalition he'll dare others to vote him down

Senior Tories tell Sunday Times say they expect to have 290 seats and lead by 20. Labour official said they expect to be 5-10 behind.

Tory cabinet minister: “It’s a race to be the largest party. We will say: ‘We’re legitimate, we’re the largest party, we should carry on',"

Senior Tory: “We will get into the legitimacy argument pretty quickly." Public won't "put up with Labour doing deals to win from behind.”

Dave ally "He wants to stay in D.Street. Whether that’s a major­ity, minority or another coali­tion with Lib Dems will depend on arithmetic"
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

surbiton said:

Laughable statement.

Provided of course you don't count the PFI commitments - that are strangling the NHS.
    Labour may have overspent, but it was difficult for Dave to push this line given he has vastly increased spending since taking power and just about doubled the national debt.

I think both parties realised this wasn't a good topic for them and pretty much avoided it.
  • Options

CRes/IoS CON 33 LAB 33
    YG/STimes CON 34 LAB 33

My dear, I will take ALL four of them !

EICIPM in all of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    tyson said:

Presumably, aside from the YouGov, tonights polls with Opinium, Survation and Comres are final polls...Question to our polling guru TSE

Nope, we will be getting a Survation and ComRes next week as well.

And I think Opinium will also be doing an eve of poll.

The Guardian ICM poll will be out Wednesday.

Lord Ashcroft's poll will be out Tuesday.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323

Cameron allies say he'll try for a coalition if he falls short but if can't get coalition he'll dare others to vote him down

Senior Tories tell Sunday Times say they expect to have 290 seats and lead by 20. Labour official said they expect to be 5-10 behind.

Tory cabinet minister: “It’s a race to be the largest party. We will say: ‘We’re legitimate, we’re the largest party, we should carry on',"

Senior Tory: “We will get into the legitimacy argument pretty quickly." Public won't "put up with Labour doing deals to win from behind.”

Dave ally "He wants to stay in D.Street. Whether that’s a major­ity, minority or another coali­tion with Lib Dems will depend on arithmetic"

Sounds right.

That's the speech every politician has already written: the one where democratic legitimacy is threatened by a dark, malovent force that the people must prevent.
  • Options

Dixie said:

I'm not panicking, I'm swimming in my own ignorance thank you very much.
  • Options
    TSE

Well - it isn't much of a dare to ask the SNP, SDLP, Plaid and Green to chuck him out.
  • Options
    Chris123Chris123 Posts: 174
    edited May 2015
    There is no uniform swing in Scotland, the SNP does better in traditional Labour areas. The SNP will take 58 Scottish seats and leave the LibDems reigning in Orkney and Shetland. Scottish voters are generally not inclined to tactical voting - Tory voters won't come to the rescue of Murphy in large enough numbers. The SNP would have lost Berwickshire if it wasn't a 3-way race.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Some people, though not myself, like the idea of Labour having to rely on the SNP, and not all of them are Scottish nationalists.

As for neither scenario being cause for celebration, it has been clear for a while that it was unlikely to be an election which resulted in a stable government (even narrow majorities are problematic in their own way), so whatever happens I think most people are prepared for chaos to follow, and not much point worrying about it overmuch.
    People may be prepared for chaos but the markets will re-act very negatively damaging investment, jobs and the economy.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    anyone know the sample size for survation and did it cover 632 constituencies
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,906

tyson said:

And I think Opinium will also being an eve of poll.

When do we get the Angus Reid?
  • Options
    I'm about to get off soon, but can I put a last plug for a pre poll East Midlands, Broxtowe soiree on the 5th May 8.00 at the:

Victoria Pub 85 Dovecote Lane, Nottingham NG9 1JG.

Nick Palmer will be at the Saloon Bar at around that time, and with a fair wind should be able to stay for the evening.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    39-5. What are England playing at?
  • Options
    Key thing here - is the Tories are expecting to do worse than 290.

They are briefing this in the HOPE that they do better than the expect. Its last chance saloon stuff.
  • Options
    Pong said:

Dixie said:

Now out to 7/1

http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=115878540&ex=1&origin=MRL
    I took 9/2 a couple of months ago, will load up with a bit more.
  • Options

Note the subtle differences there.

Dave's enemies are circling.
  • Options
    Steven_WhaleySteven_Whaley Posts: 313
    I got around to watching Thursday's QT tonight in the hope that it might help me make up my mind which way to vote. It didn't really advance things much for me at all. I still don't know where I'll be marking my cross on the GE ballot paper.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Can PBers do me a favour, and dig out the links for some of the SNP candidates who have come out with, ahem, interesting comments.

I know one said something about No voters being Quislings and another wanted the economy to explode/crash as it would help Scottish independence.

Except they never said that.

The "Quislings" came from the Tweet danger of tweet-linking a story - in this case one from BBC Scotlandshire.

The "explode/crash" was a (reasonable) expectation not a hope or aspiration.
  • Options

Boris: "People are looking at Miliband...getting bad visuals of him popping out of Alex Salmond’s sporran like a baffled baby kangaroo."

Boris: "Nobody thinks this is going to be some tartan tyranny with everybody forced to wear kilts. But it would be a chaotic and tense".

I thought the Tories wanted a United Kingdom.
  • Options
    kjohnw said:

Sample size was 2,128

http://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mosfgep2128_020515.pdf
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Constitutionally-speaking, he cannot do that, and in certain circumstances would be obliged to resign immediately.
  • Options

"The public won't put up with...", sounds dangerously close to encouraging civil disobedience. The public have their say on Thursday, after that it'll come down to the arithmetic.

A legitimacy argument is doomed to failover if you can't command a majority on the floor of the house you can't govern. The numbers are inexorable.

Would he really risk the humiliation of clinging on and being turfed out ? Surely he'd walk with his head held high.
  • Options
    Flightpath1Flightpath1 Posts: 207
    surbiton said:

Laughable statement.

Of course Labour overspent.
    They increased spending by 50% in real terms between 2000 and 2010. A massive increase never seen before in peacetime. During this period when we had growth they ran deficits, they should have been paying down debt not increasing it.
  • Options

tyson said:

And I think Opinium will also be doing an eve of poll.

Thanks for that TSE.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

I got around to watching Thursday's QT tonight in the hope that it might help me make up my mind which way to vote. It didn't really advance things much for me at all. I still don't know where I'll be marking my cross on the GE ballot paper.

Well, I'd avoid those Greens, they sound dangerous.

• Options
    Not buying Stokes at 38, too high
  • Options
    chestnut said:

39-5. What are England playing at?

Too many players aren't good enough at the moment. This team is about 2 years out from being ready for an Ashes. Unfortunately for them, they've an Ashes in two months.
  • Options
    Rod

He will go. I can only think the senior Tories plan is get rid of Dave and take his place.
  • Options
    ToffeenoseToffeenose Posts: 19

He does well with Con voters but he is horrendously unpopular on the doorstep with non-Con voters. Ask anyone who was with him at Eastleigh. As for the North. He is even less popular than DC. He would not bring more voters to the party and that is what will be looking for.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,120
    RodCrosby said:

Constitutionally-speaking, he cannot do that, and in certain circumstances would be obliged to resign immediately.
    Yep that is garbage. If he has most seats then he is entitled to try to form a Government but there are plenty of permutations (mostly involving the SNP) where he will fail and be out even if he had the most seats and votes. Stupid thing for them to claim.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456

kjohnw said:

Sample size was 2,128

http://survation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mosfgep2128_020515.pdf
    well if they did the replicate ballot papers over 632 constituencies that is a very small sample from each area????
  • Options
    edited May 2015

He does well with Con voters but he is horrendously unpopular on the doorstep with non-Con voters. Ask anyone who was with him at Eastleigh. As for the North. He is even less popular than DC. He would not bring more voters to the party and that is what will be looking for.
    Except when the pollster ask if the Tories were led by Boris rather than Cameron, how would you vote, and the Tories get several % bump. Enough of a bump to actually win.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,352
    surbiton said:

I thought the Tories wanted a United Kingdom.
    Boris is criticizing the SNP not the people of Scotland. (Though I accept that from a Labour position it must be hard to tell the difference these days.)
This discussion has been closed.