Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » On the day of the royal birth – Marf and the weekend genera

Comments

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,781
    Down to Root to save England again.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    IS this possible? Even to know this information?

"Postal voting started in mid-April. Over 5 million are expected to cast their ballot in this way and over the last week, local teams from all parties have attended postal vote opening sessions in each constituency. Although the parties are legally not allowed to tally votes at these events, they all do and the constituency teams then dutifully pass their field intelligence back to HQ. These are not opinion polls results or canvass returns but actual votes, hundreds of thousands of votes, from across Britain. Numbers have been flowing from each marginal to party strategists to give the most accurate picture of the current state of play.

Labour insiders familiar with the latest figures have told Uncut that the picture for Labour in marginal seats, where it is fighting the Tories, is almost uniformly grim. Seats that canvass returns had suggested were strong prospects for gains are much more finely balanced and those that were close are swinging heavily to the Tories."

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/05/02/revealed-eds-night-time-dash-to-casa-brand-driven-by-postal-ballot-panic/#more-19683
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,108

Danny565 said:

Survation Baxter'ed:

Labour 312
    Tories 251
    Lib Dems 15
    UKIP 2
    SNP 47

Lib-Lab coalition would be one seat over the majority threshold.

Mike Smithson last seen departing for year long world tour with Mrs. OGH on his GE profits. He's heard murmuring at the quayside "That'll teach you JackW, that'll teach you".
    Mike's next long holiday and my next stint as Guest Editor extraordinare begins at the end of June, which should be around the time of at least, one major leadership election, possibly four.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,099
    If Ed does pull it off I would look back to the 2012 US Presidential election when Republicans were fully expecting to win. Why? Well as former Bush speechwriter David Frum opined Republicans had been 'exploited fleeced and lied to by a conservative entertainment complex.'

I think the election is genuinely unpredictable and I don't buy the idea that because the poll of polls and election forecasts have been predicting roughly the same thing for two or three months that that is what will happen. The polls aren't consistent and they can be wrong. Labour at 100/1 to win a majority seems daft. Whatever the odds on the Tories doing so are probably also insane.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,853
    Dair said:

Ooh England are collapsing. 18/3

If Root goes early they may as well concede.

Given how the Windies batted as well, who knows what sort of score might be chasable? Odd game.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Good polls for Labour today - I'd had a feeling YG would produce a 1% Conservative lead, though that won't be enough for them. I think Labour will take these polls, it shows the parties are still pretty much neck and neck, and while Survation (IMO) is something of an outlier, it's still encouraging for Labour. What Labour don't want is to see more 4%, 5%, 6%+ Tory leads, so Tuesday and Wednesday''s polling (and if there are any polls on Sunday) will be interesting in that regard.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,855
    Cosmic said:

YouGov - that's more like it.

Um, GOOD online poll alert!
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    SeanT said:

felix said:

YouGov S Times poll
    Con 34
    Lab 33
    Ukip 13
    LD 8
    GN 5

Lol

It's not enough. The trend is now status quo, with a hint of Labour gaining.

Six days out, it's not enough.

UNLESS THE POLLS ARE ALL WRONG....
    phone polls have been showing the tories in a 2 - 6 percent leads, so its not all the polls that would be wrong if cam gets most seats
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

Danny565 said:

Survation Baxter'ed:

Labour 312
    Tories 251
    Lib Dems 15
    UKIP 2
    SNP 47

Lib-Lab coalition would be one seat over the majority threshold.

Mike Smithson last seen departing for year long world tour with Mrs. OGH on his GE profits. He's heard murmuring at the quayside "That'll teach you JackW, that'll teach you".
    Do LibDems have deck sandals ??

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    SeanT said:

felix said:

YouGov S Times poll
    Con 34
    Lab 33
    Ukip 13
    LD 8
    GN 5

Lol

The polls are correct AND I WILL TAKE THE ABOVE. Well done, kippers !! No need for any coalition. We will form a minority government.

Jack W = Trott.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,896
    Chameleon said:

IOS said:

So when people get it the booth - they are breaking for Labour....

Unlucky Tories - you may think Dave was an ok PM - but he is a dreadful party leader...

Friday was the crucial day. After Miliband got a kicking on the Beeb Thursday night and showed his delusion in revealing he doesn't think Labour overspent, that was the "bigoted woman" moment.

The Tories needed to take to the airwaves and ram the message home that Labour haven't learnt their lessons and can't be trusted. Instead, there was nothing - just Cameron getting ruddy-faced at ASDA's HQ. The only soundbites the MSM took was some drivel about him not wanting a coalition but a full majority.

Here's a message for you Dave (and Crosby and Shapps and the shocking Tory campaign): No one gives a shit what you want, they give a shit about what impacts on their own lives. Stop talking about coalitions and politics etc, and instead talk about the issues.

The problem with CCHQ is it is run by a bunch of thick-as-pig-sh#t toffs with no life experience and who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.
    I am amazed at how little it featured. I said then that if it gained traction then things could be looking up for the Tories, yet they ignored it...
    Always help when the BBC basically ignore it, actually defend Labour on this...while STILL even today managing to get "Tories Child Benefit Cut" into every news report.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,220
    IOS said:

Kelner is someone thats stands to lose a hell of a lot if Cam isn't back in as PM. He is on the anti Ed wing of the Labour party.

You can't even spell his name correctly.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

If Ed does pull it off I would look back to the 2012 US Presidential election when Republicans were fully expecting to win. Why? Well as former Bush speechwriter David Frum opined Republicans had been 'exploited fleeced and lied to by a conservative entertainment complex.'

I think the election is genuinely unpredictable and I don't buy the idea that because the poll of polls and election forecasts have been predicting roughly the same thing for two or three months that that is what will happen. The polls aren't consistent and they can be wrong. Labour at 100/1 to win a majority seems daft. Whatever the odds on the Tories doing so are probably also insane.

David Frum's endorsement of Romney was the funniest things ever, to paraphrase: "Vote for Romney, he and the congressional Republicans won't actually do all the terrible things that they say they will do that I strongly disagree with"
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    Regarding the betting markets, you would have to wonder how much of the money is laid by readers of this fine blog.
    And then ponder how much the comments on here are affecting said market.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,104
    SNP collapse!!

#yougov #sundaytimes Poll results equate to SNP on 50 seats, Lab 5, Libdem 3 and Con 1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If 50% think the government is managing the economy well, the real question is why aren't the Tories ahead by more? With the sample figures looking very positive for them in this YouGov poll, you'd think this would be the case.
  • Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    John O

Good argument mate.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    England 18/3!
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,678
    kle4 said:

So in tonight's polls conservatives ahead in two, behind in one and tied in the other but it's all over for them

Yes. Because they need to be clearly ahead in almost all of them to have even a chance of forming the next government, unless the polls showing tied or Lab leads are just plain wrong.
    My point is that their are colleagues on this forum who seem to believe it is all over, but it is very close in the polls and a surge of support either way on Thursday will change the outcome - no one can be certain what will happen in this amazing election
  • Options

English batting = Sat night polling.

English bowlers = Tories on thursday.

As on Thursday, just like tonight, Yorkshire will save us (I hope)
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Moses_ said:

"Postal voting started in mid-April. Over 5 million are expected to cast their ballot in this way and over the last week, local teams from all parties have attended postal vote opening sessions in each constituency. Although the parties are legally not allowed to tally votes at these events, they all do and the constituency teams then dutifully pass their field intelligence back to HQ. These are not opinion polls results or canvass returns but actual votes, hundreds of thousands of votes, from across Britain. Numbers have been flowing from each marginal to party strategists to give the most accurate picture of the current state of play.

Labour insiders familiar with the latest figures have told Uncut that the picture for Labour in marginal seats, where it is fighting the Tories, is almost uniformly grim. Seats that canvass returns had suggested were strong prospects for gains are much more finely balanced and those that were close are swinging heavily to the Tories."

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/05/02/revealed-eds-night-time-dash-to-casa-brand-driven-by-postal-ballot-panic/#more-19683

Double bluff? Nothing gets your vote out more than saying the other guys are in danger of winning.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

SNP collapse!!

#yougov #sundaytimes Poll results equate to SNP on 50 seats, Lab 5, Libdem 3 and Con 1

If the LDs could hold 3 in Scotland, that would be remarkable indeed. Still a drubbing of epic proportions, but better than what they are privately expecting I imagine. The SNP will let us know there is no chance of that momentarily.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    And Tories ahead with YouGov....

Again Labour 33....so it is the Tory / UKIP figure that is changing the lead.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    SeanT said:

I don't care anyway. I'm emigrating to America.

Why?

THE ICE TWINS is named by amazon.com as one of the best thrillers and mysteries for May.

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/594591552548265984

And...

It's also named by iTunes as one of the best books of May.

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/593137705002864641

California, I'm ready to roll.

Yebbut who's Jo Blackwood; another alter ego?
    Anyway good luck wherever you go.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,055
    SeanT said:

I don't care anyway. I'm emigrating to America.

Why?

THE ICE TWINS is named by amazon.com as one of the best thrillers and mysteries for May.

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/594591552548265984

And...

It's also named by iTunes as one of the best books of May.

https://twitter.com/thomasknox/status/593137705002864641

California, I'm ready to roll.

Can I pay for your ticket?

• Options
    llefllef Posts: 298
    kle4 said:

That should mean it has got the economy in good enough shape that it can be safely handed over to Labour - The Electorate.
    I like that!
  • Options
    Danny565 said:
    Murphy behind Dave, yes the Scottish Labour leader is trailing the Eton Educated, Tory Posh Boy, IN SCOTLANDSHIRE!

IN SCOTLANDSHIRE!
  • Options

If 50% think the government is managing the economy well, the real question is why aren't the Tories ahead more. With the sample figures looking very positive for them in this YouGov poll, you'd think this would be the case.

We remain a classist nation.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,885
    I'd be interested in Kellner's rationale for predicting the Lib Dems will win 32 seats.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

Good polls for Labour today - I'd had a feeling YG would produce a 1% Conservative lead, though that won't be enough for them. I think Labour will take these polls, it shows the parties are still pretty much neck and neck, and while Survation (IMO) is something of an outlier, it's still encouraging for Labour. What Labour don't want is to see more 4%, 5%, 6%+ Tory leads, so Tuesday and Wednesday''s polling (and if there are any polls on Sunday) will be interesting in that regard.

Thursday's polling will be pretty interesting too
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865

And Tories ahead with YouGov....

Again Labour 33....so it is the Tory / UKIP figure that is changing the lead.

Vote UKIp get Milliband ( and the SNP) then?
  • Options
    Oh cock, this means I need to revise the morning thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

kle4 said:

So in tonight's polls conservatives ahead in two, behind in one and tied in the other but it's all over for them

Yes. Because they need to be clearly ahead in almost all of them to have even a chance of forming the next government, unless the polls showing tied or Lab leads are just plain wrong.
    My point is that their are colleagues on this forum who seem to believe it is all over, but it is very close in the polls and a surge of support either way on Thursday will change the outcome - no one can be certain what will happen in this amazing election
    Perhaps you are right, but while the exact balance of the outcome and the rise and fall of various parties is pretty amazing for this election, what has not been amazing is there being dramatic shifts across the polling, and while that does not preclude the possibility that in actual votes there might be a surge in support for one or the other, the very stability of the polling despite everything that has happened, does make it hard to see where that surge might come from or why.

I'd probably look very silly to change my mind - it took months of massive SNP leads for me to change my 4+ year prediction of a Labour majority down to a Labour plurality for one thing - so stubborness is a factor, but I just cannot see where any surge would come from. All the cards have been played; either the polls have failed to pick up any movement (on average across the polling), or there will not be any movement to see.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

It was Thursday when the Tories lost. Ed's TOTAL REJECTION of the SNP wot won it !
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    edited May 2015
    Last three overs England 1/1

Not even an Irishman to blame this on.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    DavidL said:

Down to Root to save England again.

Will buy Stokes runs if they are around 29, fancy him here
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I don't think there is any point considering the polls from now on. It is fair clear that the pollsters have it neck and neck and have done for weeks. Unless there is some mega revelation (and even then), I don't think anything will send the pollster needle one way or another.

The question is are the pollsters right. Only time will tell.*

* and no that isn't I think the polls are wrong. blah blah blah.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @Moses

Interesting if true and maybe explains the Brand malarkey.

'The past week has been bracing and ugly for Labour strategists. The postal ballot intelligence has destroyed any residual sense that Labour is winning this campaign.

The priority now is to narrow the loss – the Tories are likely to be the largest party but if Labour can save enough Scottish seats, the result might just be close enough for Labour to cobble together a rainbow coalition to deny the Tories government, even from second place.

If Labour cannot save sufficient numbers of Scottish seats and results in England are as bad as the postal ballots suggest, then there is the real prospect of Labour entering the next parliament with fewer seats than in 2010.
  • Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    Looking forward to JackW's next prediction. Will be amusing to see if he keeps the Tories above 300.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited May 2015
    So far tonight it's been a mixed picture that is marginally in favour of Labour, neck on neck on ComRes, Opinium, and Yougov but Survation move to a large Labour lead, especially on the constituency question.
  • Options
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    surbiton said:

It was Thursday when the Tories lost. Ed's TOTAL REJECTION of the SNP wot won it !
    Do you seriously believe this or is this some impressive trolling?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    surbiton said:

SeanT said:

felix said:

YouGov S Times poll
    Con 34
    Lab 33
    Ukip 13
    LD 8
    GN 5

Lol

The polls are correct AND I WILL TAKE THE ABOVE. Well done, kippers !! No need for any coalition. We will form a minority government.

Jack W = Trott.
    Confound it man ....

My ARSE Has Never Endured The Trotts

• Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,220
    IOS said:

John O

Good argument mate.

I fear you wouldn't understand the concept of argument if it hit you in the goolies. But I still find you modestly entertaining in small doses.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,055
    Smarmeron said:

Regarding the betting markets, you would have to wonder how much of the money is laid by readers of this fine blog.
    And then ponder how much the comments on here are affecting said market.

I've just done a furious bit of hedging, and moved a few odds on Betfair.

• Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Is it confirmed that we're getting an exit poll btw? It's going to be an utter nightmare to produce this year surely.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    So, Tory vote share win by 4 remains probable.

Ahead with Opinium, YG and Comres (kind rounding).
  • Options

RobC said:

Disastrous Survation for Tories - might be worth getting on Lab seat majority fast

Lab maj is ridiculously long at 100.
    Only of any potential value as a possible trading bet should the good burghers of Sunderland do their bit by giving Labour a stonking result in those first 3 or 4 results to be declared.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,371
    Dair said:

Not much of a Test cricket aficionado I see.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

If 50% think the government is managing the economy well, the real question is why aren't the Tories ahead more. With the sample figures looking very positive for them in this YouGov poll, you'd think this would be the case.

We remain a classist nation.
    No - sheeple still believe left-wing bull on NHS. It is Labour's only card.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,147
    Danny565 said:

Is it confirmed that we're getting an exit poll btw? It's going to be an utter nightmare to produce this year surely.

I believe so. Don't have the link on hand.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

So, Tory vote share win by 4 remains probable.

Ahead with Opinium, YG and Comres (kind rounding).

Sure there is something you don't like about all the polls?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,049

They need to be comfortably ahead for DC to remain as PM (a 3%+ lead) and that is not showing in ALL 4 polls tonight. Just saying...
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Danny565 said:
    That's a sharp improvement in Miliband's Scottish polling tho. May explain why Labour are saving 5 seats, and not being entirely wiped out (though as good as).
    No, it's the exact same result with YouGov as last week indicating no movement.

Miliband is just as unpopular. What's happened is Murphy's score has plummeted.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Tim Shipman @ShippersUnbound

YouGov/ST: Cameron beats Miliband as best PM, 38-24%. 14 point gap is double 7% gap two weeks ago

• Options
    ToffeenoseToffeenose Posts: 19
    Danny565 said:

Apparently so. BBC, ITV, and SKY all pooling resources.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

So far tonight it's been a mixed picture that is marginally in favour of Labour, neck on neck on ComRes, Opinium, and Yougov but Survation move to a large Labour lead, especially on the constituency question.

By neck and neck, you mean Tory leads?

Survation.

"chuckles"
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
  • Options

YouGov/ST: Cameron won TV Question Time contest, 42% to Miliband on 26%. Clegg only 13%

• Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977

surbiton said:

Do you seriously believe this or is this some impressive trolling?
    A good question. Amazes me that someone who posts so frequently does not understand how punctation is used.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Danny565 said:

Not at all. To save money and probably futile effort they'll just pick the lowest predicted score for the parties, then roll a d10 for the big two and UKIP and a d8 for the LDs, plug those numbers in to a random seat predictor and call it an exit poll.For the SNP roll a d12 and subtract from 59.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

YouGov/ST: Cameron beats Miliband as best PM, 38-24%. 14 point gap is double 7% gap two weeks ago

So Cameron best PM, best leader, best person to do x,y and z...but when it comes to voting for his party...the public say no thanks.
  • Options

There are polls on Thursday as well?! I didn't think they'd do polling for election day as well (unless you're talking about the exit poll).
  • Options
    It belatedly occurs that the various pessimists among the assorted pundits of the commentariat can salvage themselves afterwards by claiming to their fellow travellers that while they were wrong, their negativity actually spurred people on to vote for them out of fear of the other side winning, so they helped just as much in the end, if not more.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

We're getting at least two exit polls, well the traditional one for the broadcasters conducted by Ipsos Mori.

John Curtice said it might be bollocks this time (well it not so many words)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-30/u-k-election-exit-pollster-says-his-poll-may-be-vague-or-wrong

Populus are also doing one, based on online respondents (I'm a participant in that one)

I also expect YouGov to do something similar for what they did in the indyref
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Speedy said:

Survation.

"chuckles"
    You are turning into Brown.
  • Options
    roserees64roserees64 Posts: 251
    Nonsense on here about postal votes as it is only the outer envelope that is opened prior to election day so the political choice of the voter remains secret .
    A Labour majority is now closer tonight after the most recent polls.
  • Options

So Cameron best PM, best leader, best person to do x,y and z...but when it comes to voting for his party...the public say no thanks.
    Toxic Tories aka the Nasty Party aka eat babies...

Get the picture?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,147

There are polls on Thursday as well?! I didn't think they'd do polling for election day as well (unless you're talking about the exit poll).
    I imagine last polls will be released on Wed.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Danny565 said:

We're getting at least two exit polls, well the traditional one for the broadcasters conducted by Ipsos Mori.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-30/u-k-election-exit-pollster-says-his-poll-may-be-vague-or-wrong

Populus are also doing one, based on online respondents (I'm a participant in that one)

The problem with the Exit Polls now is that you don't know where the marginals will be this time due to the SNP and UKIP.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

chestnut said:

Speedy said:

Survation.

"chuckles"
    You are turning into Brown.
    I'm turning into Gordon Brown?

• Options
    I think this is Mike's way of hinting he wants me to do the morning thread on AV/electoral reform

https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/594605127488659457
  • Options

Nonsense on here about postal votes as it is only the outer envelope that is opened prior to election day so the political choice of the voter remains secret .
    A Labour majority is now closer tonight after the most recent polls.

So how did this happen then?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/apr/29/labour-candidate-apologises-twitter-vote
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    kle4 said:

Danny565 said:

Not at all. To save money and probably futile effort they'll just pick the lowest predicted score for the parties, then roll a d10 for the big two and UKIP and a d8 for the LDs, plug those numbers in to a random seat predictor and call it an exit poll.For the SNP roll a d12 and subtract from 59.
    I'd just got with a d4 for the SNP.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

surbiton said:

I wonder if that is the case. If it is, it means Miliband won on a TOTAL LIE, and he will suffer for it, in time.
    It maybe the case but if Labour wins 300 or so seats the SNP question will be short-circuited out...

300 seats looking possible if not probable at the moment...
  • Options

It seems that way.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    IOS said:

Looking forward to JackW's next prediction. Will be amusing to see if he keeps the Tories above 300.

Moses_ said:

Double bluff? Nothing gets your vote out more than saying the other guys are in danger of winning.
    If it a bluff then they are spreading the word far and war; bit like the Colditz tunnellers with their muck spreading.

• Options
    We all agree with that, apart from MP's if they form the majority of seats instead of votes.
  • Options

It seems that way.
    And -

YouGov/ST: 50% say govt managing economy well - first time it has reached 50% mark since June 2010

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,011
    I look forward to the Yes vote in the referendum on PR!
  • Options
    ToffeenoseToffeenose Posts: 19
    Given the relative closeness in the polling companies results, I think there may just be one unseen voting phenomenon happening on the day in terms of seats rather than vote share. I suspect vote share is pretty close to how it will end. Whether it is LDs doing significantly worse in terms of seats, SLAB doing better than worst case scenario or any of the other possibilities generally ignored I think it is impossible to tell.
    Going to be interesting though.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977

Time to turn your sarcasm-detector on, old chap.

• Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    All the stuff I am getting back from canvassers agrees with Jack. But then we are mining the same data and if it bollocks then we blues are stuffed.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

I wonder if that is the case. If it is, it means Miliband won on a TOTAL LIE, and he will suffer for it, in time.
    It maybe the case but if Labour wins 300 or so seats the SNP question will be short-circuited out...

But given Scotland, that would mean Labour making 92 gains from Con and Lib Dems.
  • Options

Dair said:

Not much of a Test cricket aficionado I see.
    From the previous Innings they do not appear to be playing on a pitch that requires them to bat themselves in. As such their run rate looks like it will be very important. Failing to get anything on the board while always being at risk of losing a wicket is not a good sign. Neither side seems to have much chance of batting over 60 overs.
  • Options
    Just wondering...when are the Lib Dem starting their GE campaign?
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    This gets on my t#ts.

Who should rule?

Well, the Queen rules.
    The government governs.
  • Options
    Leaving aside that is not how our system works, I am surprised the public at large would by a fairly clear margin even think that. Labour at least could in the right circumstances potentially have a majority on less of the vote (I think), would the public really get 'mad' in those circumstances, I doubt it. Admittedly it would be close in that situation.

Either way, it's one of those interesting results but the public won't agitate or anything should the party with fewer votes form a government. I wonder if tallying up the votes of all those in a governing arrangement would be deemed acceptable.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,855
    Even I'm getting polling overload here :lol:

So there are TWO Survations this weekend??
  • Options

Except for Dewsbury that is.
  • Options
    I wonder what inspired Douglas to talk about Shy Kippers?

https://twitter.com/DouglasCarswell/status/594405202763128832
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Danny565 said:

I'm doing the Populus one as well TSE. We will cancel each other out in vote numbers. LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2015

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

But given Scotland, that would mean Labour making 92 gains from Con and Lib Dems.

murali_s said:

SeanT said:

surbiton said:

OK - I know I'm being optimistic but here's as assessment on how Labour can get to 300...

losses to SNP ~ 30
    gains from LD ~ 10
    gains from Tories ~60

Very optimistic but it's possible if Labour have a good night.

Equally probable as Jack W's assessment in my opinion.
  • Options
    This is so going into the morning thread

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/594606746154446850
  • Options
    rogerhrogerh Posts: 282
    running the Survation con 29,Lab 33,LD 9,UKIP 16 gives on UNS
    Con 246,Lab 298,LD 27 Lab/LD coalition?
This discussion has been closed.