Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A Marf cartoon at the start of what’ll be a busy polling ni

SystemSystem Posts: 11,684
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A Marf cartoon at the start of what’ll be a busy polling night

Panelbase has 3% LAB lead
LAB 34% (NC), CON 31% (-2%), UKIP 17% (+1), LD 7% (-1), GRN 4% (NC)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TabmanTabman Posts: 1,046
    First! Just been YouGoved - Lib Dems >10%!!!
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Third!
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?

He wants a big glass of Bollinger.
  • Options
    Flightpath1Flightpath1 Posts: 207
    TGOHF said:

Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?

Bollinger darling, simply ab fab... you should try it.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?

Bollinger darling, simply ab fab... you should try it.
    Great minds etc.!
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    TGOHF said:

Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?

Even if it's big poll I still don't quite understand what he means. Just, he hopes Survation is exciting for some reason?
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Do Nick Clegg, Mrs Clegg and Danny Alexander actually believe what they are are saying about UKIP and the Tory backbenchers or is it a really shoddy way of campaigning?

Likening them to the extreme/far right and claiming in the case of Mrs Clegg that they would deport her.

Takes me back to the Brown/Blair years where the mere mention of the word immigrant would have accusations of racism made.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3051960/Right-wing-Tories-probably-want-kick-country-altogether-says-Miriam-Clegg.html
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Tabman said:

I went yellow peril yesterday, blues today.

If I get yougoved again, perhaps a kipper boost...
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?

Even if it's big poll I still don't quite understand what he means. Just, he hopes Survation is exciting for some reason?
    Perhaps a panelbase poll of Dundee residents - SNP should be in the top 3 I reckon.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

TGOHF said:

Hoping for a big boil ?
    Large Bols ?
    Big Balls ?

ComRes phone poll, perhaps?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Surely we are due a MORI?

Is ComRes not now doing national polls - given it did the South West last week and UKIP targets this week.

We need as many polls as possible from the traditional big names - ICM, MORI, ComRes.
  • Options
    It comes after Mr Clegg warned the 'bandwagons of the far right' are encircling an 'increasingly hapless Conservative leadership' which is losing all grip on the party.

Order five crates of Chutzpah for Mr Clegg.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    Scott Jordan Harris (@ScottFilmCritic)
    23/04/2015 17:10
    This is
    a) Beautiful
    b) Further proof that hospital parking should be free
    (Via nedhardy.com) pic.twitter.com/loCPUgqPEH
  • Options
    Any PB legal experts care to comment on the last paragraph? It would certainly be satisfying to do that.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/want-to-avoid-a-parking-ticket-then-play-the-parking-cowboys-at-their-own-game/
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Tabman said:

Pollsters worst nightmare.
  • Options
    TabmanTabman Posts: 1,046
    Pulpstar said:

Tabman said:

You must be popular. Its the first VI survey I've had for weeks.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    MikeL said:

Is ComRes not now doing national polls - given it did the South West last week and UKIP targets this week.

We need as many polls as possible from the traditional big names - ICM, MORI, ComRes.

I need polls, I need polls, I need polls. This site is full of polljunkies waiting for a next fix.
    Why though? The polls all seem to be saying the same thing, that the parties are more and less tied.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    tyson said:

MikeL said:

I need polls, I need polls, I need polls. This site is full of polljunkies waiting for a next fix.
    Why though? The polls all seem to be saying the same thing, that the parties are more and less tied.

Those MOE movements sustain me. And let's not forget those margin of error MOE movements.... titter
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited April 2015
    The Times today:

"Greece will go bust next week, potentially pushing the highly indebted country into default and out of the eurozone and plunging the European Union into an unprecedented crisis."

What impact is this likely to have on our GE?
    Is it a possible Black Swan event?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited April 2015
    RobD said:

Any PB legal experts care to comment on the last paragraph? It would certainly be satisfying to do that.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/want-to-avoid-a-parking-ticket-then-play-the-parking-cowboys-at-their-own-game/

The particulars of the case are important. If it was a free stay car park without any form of ticketing system then I can't see how the Parking Company won as there is no way you can possibly say the parkee accepted any contract.

EDIT: It was a free stay car park, struggling to understand how £150 (or indeed the original £85) is a reasonable estimate of the losses the parking company experienced
  • Options
    MikeL said:

No more Ipsos MORI polls until the big day apparently.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311
    Part-ELBOW for the week so far (9 polls) = Lab 0.7% ahead
  • Options
    Alistair said:

RobD said:

The particulars of the case are important. If it was a free stay car park without any form of ticketing system then I can't see how the Parking Company won as there is no way you can possibly say the parkee accepted any contract.
    But I like the idea of charging a letter receipt notice of £85! I wonder if he'll take it to the Supremr Court...
  • Options

The Times today:

"Greece will go bust next week, potentially pushing the highly indebted country into default and out of the eurozone and plunging the European Union into an unprecedented crisis."

I doubt it will help the Greens much.

Will focus on the economy - plus the "cling to nurse" factor. But there have been so many warnings on Greece - and all Eurofudged - will the Grexit really happen in a flash this week - meh.
  • Options

The Times today|:

I doubt it'll make much difference - it's too remote from most people.

But if it makes any tiny difference I would expect it to help Con marginally vs Lab - on the basis that crisis = risk = go for the safety first option.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    tyson said:

MikeL said:

Probably more a case of looking for signs of a breakthrough. Panelbase was good for Lab and Ukip, if there were 3 more good polls for Lab today then worry lines at Tory HQ would get a lot deeper.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tyson said:

MikeL said:

Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing opinion polls. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I actually caught it! I just... DO things!
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Polls are odd. Tories were having a supposedly strong week with their SNP line, anecdotes abound from the activists here, but the polls have not budged an inch.
  • Options
    tyson said:

MikeL said:

It's displacement activity while we wait for the Big Poll, the results of which will start to be announced in two weeks and five hours from now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Jonathan said:

Polls are odd. Tories were having a supposedly strong week with their SNP line, anecdotes abound from the activists here, but the polls have not budged an inch.

Ye gads

Poll movement this week courtesy of SPUD

(8 polls, 6 different pollsters)

Cons -9
    Lab -4
    UKIP +8
    LD +1
    Green -4

How can you say not budged an inch? Why would you just make things up?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,862
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Yes they have. TNS ICM PanelBase have all moved Labours way!!
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    The Tory seats on SPIN have gone up by one to 15. I predict a Tory lead in the next poll.
  • Options

tyson said:

MikeL said:

It's displacement activity while we wait for the Big Poll, the results of which will start to be announced in two weeks and five hours from now.
    Don't worry - posters of the losing side will be popping champagne corks at the first YG after the election as it means their team have won.

Only one poll that matters.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

tyson said:

MikeL said:

Don't worry - posters of the losing side will be popping champagne corks at the first YG after the election as it means their team have won.

You look nervous. Is it the ELBOWs? Wanna know how I got 'em?
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Tabman said:

Pulpstar said:

Tabman said:

I did a large Yougov survey last week which was clearly not the daily one . Perhaps a large special poll for BES .
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

The Times today:

I doubt it will help the Greens much.

Will focus on the economy - plus the "cling to nurse" factor. But there have been so many warnings on Greece - and all Eurofudged - will the Grexit really happen in a flash this week - meh.
    Greece has supposedly been about to go bust for years now. I was tempted to increase my portfolio's weighting to gold but will put if off for another month as I expect some sort of fudge.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

tyson said:

MikeL said:

Tories hit 50 as the country realises what its just done ?
  • Options

Tabman said:

Pulpstar said:

Tabman said:

I did a large Yougov survey last week which was clearly not the daily one . Perhaps a large special poll for BES .
    Nicola Sturgeon supplementaries ?
  • Options

The Times today:

Well, not a black swan since it's not entirely unexpected. More a swallow, as in one swallow does not make a summer, or in this case a Greek default does not make a Eurozone crisis.
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    Last night I did a VI for "Maximiles". No idea where that will end up.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

The Tory seats on SPIN have gone up by one to 15. I predict a Tory lead in the next poll.

That change happened a few hours ago.

Since then we've had Panelbase with an increased Lab lead!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

tyson said:

MikeL said:

You look nervous. Is it the ELBOWs? Wanna know how I got 'em?
    More election fatigued. More nervous about the footie playoffs to be honest.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,622
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/judgment.pdf has the full judgement from the Luftur Rahman election court. New election for mayor + a local by-election in Stepney ward to be held. (I'm not clear why the by-election in Stepney ward...?)

However, I note the judgement states: "the court finds that corrupt practices extensively prevailed at the election both of the Mayor and of the Councillors for the twenty wards of Tower Hamlets held on 22 May 2014." Shouldn't there be by-elections in all 20 wards? Or, if someone brought a new case about those wards, would they not instantly win?
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    FPT

Anorak said:

weejonnie said:

UKIP seem OK with men - but not with women.

I've been wondering if that's an illusion, and come the day women will vote the same as the men.

We'll find out soon enough.
    You mean they should do as they're told? That's a bit off.
    No, I mean they're answering differently to men from the same demographic.

During the Scottish referendum there was a marked gender split in the polling. The conclusion offered by the pollsters was that women are more 'risk averse'.

I'm translating 'risk averse' to 'shy UKIP'.
    Right example, wrong conclusions. Yes there was a marked gender split but the polls were correct in picking this up, because the final answer matched quite closely to the polls. Its not a case that the pollsters incorrectly picked up the women's answers.

Women probably are more "risk averse", so they're simply disproportionately not UKIP voters just as they were disproportionately not Yes voters.
    A general election isn't as final/big a decision as splitting up the UK. I'll stick with my first answer.
  • Options
    Greece kicked out the Euro.

Miliband in power.

British holidaymakers crying at the Foreign Exchange desks.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050

tyson said:

MikeL said:

Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing opinion polls. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I actually caught it! I just... DO things!
    The world needs people like you Sunil. I'd bet you'd lighten the mood of a funeral. The problem with politicians and many of our PB comrades too- they are either pompous or take themselves too seriously, and usually both. Not you.
  • Options
    If you really want a big punt with lots of liquidity and you've got more money than me - Buying Euros might be worth a bet !
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited April 2015
    Merkel reportedly wants Miliband to win, so we can expect her to kick the Greek can down the road for a few more weeks.
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    If the Tories lose this election, they may get a Darwin Award as compensation.

"..largely the Tories seem to have strategised regional media out of their grid. Even in areas they actually need to win, such as Bury North.

And with us they are strategising out the voters. Because I daresay most people in Bury North – or Bolton West or Hazel Grove – won’t switch on Newsnight to watch Osborne’s latest spiel about his long term economic plan.

More of them will listen to commercial radio or pick up the Manchester Evening News, or watch Granada while eating their tea. So as a strategy it seems pretty self-defeating."

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/the-conservatives-are-strategising-regional-media-out-of-the-grid-and-it-wont-help-their-cause/
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,082
    Can I say how lovely England (and doubtless the rest of the British Isles) is on warm days in Spring.

Flowers, blossom, near growth on plants and the weather nice enough for outdoor work, play, eating and drinking but not too hot for them.

Likewise warm days in Autumn are lovely with their fruits and berries and changing leaf colour and again the weather at happy medium for outdoor activities.

Whereas hot days in Summer are too hot for comfotable outdoor activities and make everything look dried out.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Last night I did a VI for "Maximiles". No idea where that will end up.

An online loyalty scheme?

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=maximiles
  • Options
    GE reduced to 3rd story on BBC1 6pm news.

Second day in a row it has moved right down the pecking order.
  • Options

If the Tories lose this election, they may get a Darwin Award as compensation.

"..largely the Tories seem to have strategised regional media out of their grid. Even in areas they actually need to win, such as Bury North.

And with us they are strategising out the voters. Because I daresay most people in Bury North – or Bolton West or Hazel Grove – won’t switch on Newsnight to watch Osborne’s latest spiel about his long term economic plan.

More of them will listen to commercial radio or pick up the Manchester Evening News, or watch Granada while eating their tea. So as a strategy it seems pretty self-defeating."

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/the-conservatives-are-strategising-regional-media-out-of-the-grid-and-it-wont-help-their-cause/

"Jennifer Williams is the social affairs editor at the Manchester Evening News."

As you were...
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited April 2015
    Some green shoots though? Good to see Bell in at 4. His swashbuckling, devil-may-care style will soon have the run counter ticking over apace...

Aaaand he's out third ball.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

Yes they have. TNS ICM PanelBase have all moved Labours way!!
    Just to confuse things (and Stephen Fisher tomorrow), we could do with a 2% Con lead in tonightr's YouGov poll!
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Drew Hendry interviewed on STV News - SNP membership in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey now over 2,500.
  • Options
    Decent first comment in that speccie link - from a Kipper...

"starfish • 3 hours ago
    maybe if the media was actually to ask a penetrating question of use to the electorate it would be better

Instead of trying to trap politicians into 'gaffes', 'u-turns' or promoting twittersphere storms...."
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited April 2015

The Times today:

First of all we have so many cries of wolf we do not know when or if it's going to be true.
    Second, my reasonable guess is either May 8th-13th or when the ECB loans are up for payment in July.
    A Greek default before May 7th is unlikely but I give it a 25% chance.

But if it happens, there will either be a rush of votes towards the Tories and UKIP on the basis of fiscal responsibility and anti-european sentiment, or a rush of votes to Labour on the basis of blaming austerity policies for failing to prevent a default.

I remember very well the impact that the Flash Crash and the first Greek Bailout of Death had on election day, so much that I had my suspicions that the Flash Crash was City orchestrated in order to move votes.
  • Options
    I've voted in every GE since I've been old enough and, since then, I've always turned out for the Euros and the locals too (except when on holiday once in 2008).

But... at the moment I just don't even know if I'll turn out to vote this time or which candidate I'll vote for if I do. I suspect that, come the day, a sense of duty will march me to the polling station - but as for what I'll do when I get there I honestly haven't a clue.
  • Options
    isam said:
    Looks like a focus group but cannot be sure as behind paywall?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Mr. Flashman (deceased), indeed, it's a very good point.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Drew Hendry interviewed on STV News - SNP membership in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey now over 2,500.

Named polling and tacticals will save Danny ! :D
  • Options

I've voted in every GE since I've been old enough and, since then, I've always turned out for the Euros and the locals too (except when on holiday once in 2008).

But... at the moment I just don't even know if I'll turn out to vote this time or which candidate I'll vote for if I do. I suspect that, come the day, a sense of duty will march me to the polling station - but as for what I'll do when I get there I honestly haven't a clue.

Will you be tossing a coin or rolling a dice ?

I feel like I'm in the same position btw ;)
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited April 2015
    isam said:
    A nice focus group of 10 voters, 4 voting Labour, and 3 voting UKIP & CON each.
    A little useless as a predictor, other than it will be a close race between the 3, which we already know.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    With the March borrowing data we can now make some comparisons between what George Osborne predicted in his 2010 Budget and the actual outcome.

Predicted Borrowing
    2010/11 £149bn
    2011/12 £116bn
    2012/13 £89bn
    2013/14 £60bn
    2014/15 £37bn

Actual Borrowing
    2010/11 £135bn
    2011/12 £113bn
    2012/13 £120bn
    2013/14 £98bn
    2014/15 £87bn

An overshoot of £102bn

Now look at the comparison for each year:

2010/11 £14bn under
    2011/12 £3bn under
    2012/13 £31bn over
    2013/14 £38bn over
    2014/15 £50bn over

A worsening trend which a Labour supporter might blame on Osborne's deviation from Darling's policies ;-)

Now look at borrowing prediction for future years:

2015/16
    2010 prediction £20bn
    2015 prediction £75bn
    Change is £55bn over

2016/17
    No 2010 prediction made but a small surplus would have been the likely prediction
    2015 prediction £39bn

2017/18
    No 2010 prediction made but a small surplus would have been the likely prediction
    2015 prediction £13bn

So the total overborrowing for the period 2010/11 to 2017/18 is likely to be around £200bn. That is assuming the economy continues to grow steadily - any severe shocks will likely see significantly higher borrowing.

Now we can have a discussion as to why this borrowing overshoot has happened / is happening and whether the policies of the government were the right ones.

But what is undeniable is that borrowing has been far more than was predicted.

Which is why the 'magic money tree' promises being currently made on all sides are so reprehensible.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Pulpstar said:

I thought a blindfold and a pin was the time-honoured method?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    MP_SE said:

isam said:
    Funny I read it from a twitter link from Populous. I am not an FT subscriber

I was kidding, there were 10 people in the focus group and they split 4/3/3 Lab/Con/Kip
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited April 2015
    Jonathan

"Polls are odd. Tories were having a supposedly strong week with their SNP line, anecdotes abound from the activists here, but the polls have not budged an inch."

My theory is that the anti SNP rhetoric only appeals to a particular type of Tory. Certainly ones that would never vote Labour. I also think there's a chance it might be motivating left of centre voters who might quite like the idea of having a talented female like Nicola in their corner.

What's a "Big Boll?"

• Options
    Anorak said:

Pulpstar said:

I thought a blindfold and a pin was the time-honoured method?
    Could draw a big SNP box I guess :D
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    TGOHF said:

Decent first comment in that speccie link - from a Kipper...

"starfish • 3 hours ago
    maybe if the media was actually to ask a penetrating question of use to the electorate it would be better

Instead of trying to trap politicians into 'gaffes', 'u-turns' or promoting twittersphere storms...."

Indeed, the media have only themselves to blame. Well, themselves and the electorate.

We get the politics and politicians we deserve - everyone says they want characters and people with a hinterland, but then jumps all over any "gaffe", so we get SPAD politics.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/23/politicians-electorate-voters-election
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Dair said:

Named polling and tacticals will save Danny ! :D
    I presume parliament would be recalled and the vote cancelled if there was a major global conflict?

Danny can batter the phones to Moscow for the next 14 days. Will be more likely to result in him being an MP on May 8th than anything he does in his constituency.
  • Options
    Dair said:

I guess that means the SNP have saved their deposit then.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    isam said:
    Meh. Misleading click bait on limited access sites should be a bannable offence.
  • Options
    isam said:

MP_SE said:

isam said:
    Funny I read it from a twitter link from Populous. I am not an FT subscriber

I was kidding, there were 10 people in the focus group and they split 4/3/3 Lab/Con/Kip
    Cheers.
  • Options
    Dair said:

isam said:
    Meh, Kiptard. Misleading click bait on limited access sites should be a bannable offence.
    Kiptard is presumably unacceptable on this site, given precedent. I suggest you withdraw.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,764
    edited April 2015
    Roger said:

Jonathan

"Polls are odd. Tories were having a supposedly strong week with their SNP line, anecdotes abound from the activists here, but the polls have not budged an inch."

My theory is that the anti SNP rhetoric only appeals to a particular type of Tory. Certainly ones that would never vote Labour.

My feeling is the rhetoric appeals to quite a few people, but not so much as to actually shift peoples' votes. Hence why the tactic had more lasting appeal, but hasn't made any discernible impact.

It's one of those things where we the great British public will agree with someone asking us if we don't like something, but won't actually vote in a way to see it is prevented/happens delete as appropriate.

Cameron may as well enjoy his last few weeks of high office. The one attack that seems to have broken through still hasn't changed things in his favour. What is left?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    MikeL said:

It's strange ComRes didn't do a national poll last week.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/judgment.pdf has the full judgement from the Luftur Rahman election court. New election for mayor + a local by-election in Stepney ward to be held. (I'm not clear why the by-election in Stepney ward...?)

Rahman's election agent was a LBTH councillor and was also disqualified from holding public office so I should guess he represented Stepney.
  • Options
    "furious with the election result"

Quite alot of people are going to be furious with it one way or another tbh.
  • Options
    PP very big Labour in D&G (5/2).
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Pulpstar said:

Tabman said:

Pulpstar said:

Tabman said:

Nicola Sturgeon supplementaries ?
    All sorts of supplementaries and lots of them
  • Options
    Dair said:

isam said:
    Meh. Misleading click bait on limited access sites should be a bannable offence.
    Haha

7% for UKIP you reckon dont you???

But wont bet on it....
  • Options
    MikeL said:

GE reduced to 3rd story on BBC1 6pm news.

Second day in a row it has moved right down the pecking order.

People are bored with it.

How long has the campaign being going on now - is this the fourth week or the fifth or the sixth ? Not to mention the months of build up before the campaign officially began.
  • Options
    BBC1 report re IFS very unhelpful for Con.

It wasn't biased - it's just that it was framed entirely around how much each party will cut. There was no mention of tax at all.

Anyone watching would just have thought Con will cut most so don't vote Con.
  • Options
    Survation is apparently 33 Con 29 Lab 18 UKIP
  • Options
    rpjs said:

Rahman's election agent was a LBTH councillor and was also disqualified from holding public office so I should guess he represented Stepney.
    Almost misread that for LGBT.... almost :lol:
  • Options
    Dair said:

isam said:
    Out of 10 on group, 4 labour, 3 conservative, 3 ukip - also the SNP issue is featuring in the campaign - this election will depend on how many ukip go to conservative, impossible to tell and really makes the result too difficult to call, no matter what any opinion poll finds at present.
  • Options
    Paddy has paid out on 650 seat parliament btw.
  • Options
    Yet another bizarre Lid Dem advert presumably entitled "The Girl Who Couldn't Cross The Road" or "Why Is a Teenager Listening to Willie Rennie".
  • Options
    Roger said:

Jonathan

My theory is that the anti SNP rhetoric only appeals to a particular type of Tory. Certainly ones that would never vote Labour. I also think there's a chance it might be motivating left of centre voters who might quite like the idea of having a talented female like Nicola in their corner.

I think you might be right there Roger.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    isam said:
    Link might get you there: (click first result) http://tinyurl.com/nohw653
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    James Chapman (Mail) @jameschappers · 29s 29 seconds ago
    With a fortnight to go, sifting through the numbers for our latest from @ComResPolls. Interesting stuff as ever! 10pm on @MailOnline
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    isam said:

Survation is apparently 33 Con 29 Lab 18 UKIP

That sounds amazing if it is. What's it based on?

• Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

MikeL said:

The world needs people like you Sunil. I'd bet you'd lighten the mood of a funeral. The problem with politicians and many of our PB comrades too- they are either pompous or take themselves too seriously, and usually both. Not you.
    Why thank you, Tyson!

Your cheque is in the post :lol:
  • Options
    Re the polls

Is there more variation in the Conservative level than the Labour ?

Though if there is I don't know whether that is good or bad for them.
  • Options

Roger said:

Jonathan

Wishful thinking - the SNP holding England to ransom will upset lots of voters across all parties
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

Roger said:

Jonathan

That's my hunch too.

Tory vote solidifying in the shires. Who knows, though!
This discussion has been closed.