Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A record-breaking 469,047 registered online to vote yesterd

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A record-breaking 469,047 registered online to vote yesterday before the midnight deadline

On top of the online registrations a further 15,965 people registering by post. The total who signed themselves up was the equivalent of well over 750 people for each parliamentary constituency or roughly one percent of the electorate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Yes they should
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    We do not know yet how many are missing though. Will there be a definitive list shortly?

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    It is just possible that creating this deadline before the election has made everyone who registers on the day a 90%+ likely voter, which could be higher than the counterfactual if they were just kept on the register or some such.

IVR may work out OK for Labour...
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    Who are these people? Why leave it so late?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,306
    Hmm...I was one of them. My family all got their polling cards but one did not arrive for me. I re-registered just in case although my wife assures me she was told on the phone I was on the register.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Are these definitely new registrations? Or are they just requests to register, some of which might be registered already? On the face of it half a million in a day looks ridiculous.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Pulpstar said:

It is just possible that creating this deadline before the election has made everyone who registers on the day a 90%+ likely voter, which could be higher than the counterfactual if they were just kept on the register or some such.

Or thousands of non Labour voters energised by the prospect of the SNP holding Miliband's gonads in an unforgiving vice like grip.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311
    FPT

Has writers block, I can't think of any subtle pop music references to segue into this post

https://twitter.com/ConHistGrp/status/590480941375758336

Material Girl, of course :)
    True Blue.....
    No, that's me - "Sunil" :)
    Not until you come back to the fold can you be considered a True Blue....
    I voted Tory in the Redbridge locals last year!

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,226
    Glad Mike has made the point about pollsters and being registered, something I have pointed out many times on here.
  • Options
    I got my polling card a few weeks back, so I assume I'm already on the register.
  • Options
    Pollsters may not ask contacts if they're registered because the contact may neither know nor care (except, as now, during a campaign).
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Or thousands of non Labour voters energised by the prospect of the SNP holding Miliband's gonads in an unforgiving vice like grip.
    Nah, they'll all be on the register already tbh.
  • Options
    If there are 7m potentially eligible voters who are still not on the register what effect might that have on the polls? I haven't seen an up to date figure but would guess that there are roughly 50m voters in the UK so it could amount to 3.5% or so.

Of course the vast majority of those who opted not to register would not have bothered to vote anyway so the effect on the actual result will be much, much smaller but in terms of current voting preference as expressed to pollsters it might make a significant difference given the closeness of the polls.
  • Options
    The men in the Tory politburo don't have to worry about the ebb and flow of public opinion. They put Trident before butter, while we put just about everything before Trident. They know that they are a super power in only one sense—the military sense. They are a failure in human and economic terms.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449
    Half a million registered, but I saw it reported yesterday (in the telegraph, I think) that around 7 million were still unregistered - so still quite a gaping hole.
    Of course, whether the other 6.5 million genuinely exist and intended to vote if they did is another matter.
    On another matter, is this scale of registration on one day plausible?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Big registration numbers because of the Electoral Commission's advertising, or has one of the parties conducted a registration drive? If so, probably this is good for that party, which might easily have been the Conservatives or SNP, as they seem the most clued-up social media-wise.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    To know if this is good or bad we surely need to know the counter-factual of how many would have registered to vote via other means than leave it to the last day.

Making it easier to register to vote online is a good thing. I moved 5 years ago and the procedure then was a real pain in the backside.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,897
    Are we going to get an absolute number registered from the ONS or Electoral Commission, and do we have a comparative number from 2010?

There also seems to be a little confusion in Scotland where we know turnout was 90% in September - is everyone that registered for the referendum automatically registered for the GE or did they need to re-register? This is really important both for turnout bets and any boundary reform next term.
  • Options
    Just saying, UKIP are 200/1 to take Falkirk

@JamieRoss7: Coburn tells me he thinks he'll get "a very decent majority" in the election. "I can't wait to see the look on Nicola Sturgeon's face."
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,616

Are these definitely new registrations? Or are they just requests to register, some of which might be registered already? On the face of it half a million in a day looks ridiculous.

I think, as Mike alludes to, many of them *are* already registered but were uncertain about that or making sure. I, as someone who follows these things closely, got confused and went through the system a while back even though I was already on the register.

Leaving aside this late rush, if fewer people are on the register than in previous years, then that will increase the turnout. The sort of people who didn't vote in 2010 are more likely to become the sort of people who aren't even registered this year, so you could have exactly the same number of people voting, but an apparent increase in turnout because registrations are lower.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    Now the deadline for registration has passed. the pollsters really should ask if respondents are registered.

It would be interesting to see the effect (if it is visible above the noise).

I feel Labour is disadvantaged by the new registration laws, and the registrations yesterday helps redress the balance to some extent.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    "People from my sort of background needed Grammar schools to compete with children from privileged homes like Shirley Williams and Anthony Wedgwood Benn" - MHT, 1977.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if we'll be able to know which constituencies registered the biggest number of late registrations...
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    If turnout does recover to 70%, that should favour UKIP and the Greens.
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    and of those newly registered, how many will actually vote?
  • Options
    GrimRobGrimRob Posts: 8
    I don't think it's good news at all for Labour, Half a million people is just the tip of the iceberg. There must be many more who either don't know or never bothered. I think you are right though about the polls this year being very unreliable because they are asking people a question which in some cases doesn't apply to them.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,226
    More EICIPM signals then.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Afternoon all.

Must admit the high number does sound a bit odd – I wonder how much was due to panic by existing signees who may not have received their polling cards yet, rather than signing on for the first time.
  • Options
    Financier said:

Why would you bother going through the process to not vote o_o ?!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Sandpit said:

Are we going to get an absolute number registered from the ONS or Electoral Commission, and do we have a comparative number from 2010?

There also seems to be a little confusion in Scotland where we know turnout was 90% in September - is everyone that registered for the referendum automatically registered for the GE or did they need to re-register? This is really important both for turnout bets and any boundary reform next term.

Everyone aged 16 to 17 who was on the register for the referendum should obviously not be on the register for this election. Actually, it makes you wonder whether some 16 and 17 year-olds might accidentally be left on the register and be able to vote against the rules.
  • Options
    @AGKD123: Whoever wins in South Thanet I really hope the margin of victory is less than @almurray's vote share. Will confuse psephologists for years
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

I imagine they're automatically registered. I've never re-registered for local or European elections.
  • Options

@AGKD123: Whoever wins in South Thanet I really hope the margin of victory is less than @almurray's vote share. Will confuse psephologists for years

"We promise British psephologists for British elections!"
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    Labour trying to massage their failings.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Council-accused-mixing-Muslim-names-election/story-26362452-detail/story.html

Looks as if they are worried that the registers are not accurate.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Good news for Labour
  • Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,001
    Norm said:

Who are these people? Why leave it so late?

Maybe because of the enormous amount of publicity, especially over social media, on the last day. As to who they are, they're mostly normal people who don't think about politics that much, I imagine. The change to the household registration has also probably made an impact.

Also I dare say there are a fair number of people like me who have just recently moved house. To which, I'm not 100% sure that I have been registered. Stockport council say I have, but not in a way that makes me feel confident - and no polling card received yet.

• Options
    Sandpit said:

Everyone who registered in the Indyref is registered. I've heard rumours of people taking themselves off the register due to poll tax arrears and so forth, but quite honestly I think that is unionist party fantasy land. Doubt many people will take themselves off the register, more likely just stay in bed.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,995
    Errrr... how do I check if I'm registered to vote?
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    SMukesh said:

Good news for Labour

Is it? We were told all the late registrations in Scotland were good news for Yes. They weren't.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

@JamieRoss7: Coburn tells me he thinks he'll get "a very decent majority" in the election. "I can't wait to see the look on Nicola Sturgeon's face."

That's tragic news - I presume all the other candidates have died?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    edited April 2015

FPT

Has writers block, I can't think of any subtle pop music references to segue into this post

True Blue.....

And hopefully you'll vote Labour at the GE in your key seat!
  • Options
    The Speccy have a piece on Thanet.

"In three hours of traipsing around doorsteps of South Thanet, before ending up in the pub, there were no negative reactions to Farage. "

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/the-battle-for-south-thanet-can-nigel-farage-win/
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Sandpit said:

Everyone aged 16 to 17 who was on the register for the referendum should obviously not be on the register for this election. Actually, it makes you wonder whether some 16 and 17 year-olds might accidentally be left on the register and be able to vote against the rules.
    No, my daughter (whose 18th birthday is next week, how's that for forward planning) was on the register but she still had to provide proof of identity to establish that she was eligible to vote on the relevant date.

Her first vote was the referendum. I seriously doubt any vote she makes from here on is going to be anything other than an anti-climax. After all, we were assured that it was a once in a generation thing.
  • Options
    I hope to do three ELBOWs for the coming Sunday, back-dating to August. One is the normal standard "official" ELBOW, aggregating all the polls for a given week; then a YouGov-only one; and then a non-YouGov-only one.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Financier said:

Filling in a form online != going to the polling booth on polling day.

I suspect vast majority will, but not all.
  • Options
    GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,001
    That last point in the OP is a killer though. Obviously it's 'anecdotal' but the sort of people I know/grew up with who are likely to vote UKIP are precisely those people who would forget/not bother to register.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    AndyJS said:

Sandpit said:

All ?! Some 17 year olds should certainly be on the register, namely those who are 18 on or before May 7th.

16 yr olds of course shouldn't be allowed to vote in this election.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Financier said:

Well you can register with a few clicks. Voting will require a walk.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    Where are the shadow Cabinet and other somehow known Labourites today? - Part II

Maria Eagle: Wirral West
    Rachel Reeves: Elmet & Rothwell
    Twigg: Hove
    Watson: Lancaster & Fleetwood
    Dugher: Bristol West
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2015

Not sure if it's ridiculous at all - I was fully aware that I needed to register, just never quite did it until the deadline came. Human nature, init ;)

I agree that a chunk of that figure will already registered, and just re-registering *to be sure* - the kind of perpetually anxious person who turns the cooker off at the wall before popping out of the house.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

FPT

True Blue.....

And hopefully you'll vote Labour at the GE in your key seat!
    I have to maintain an air of impartiality during the ELBOW campaign :)
  • Options
    DavidL said:

AndyJS said:

Sandpit said:

No, my daughter (whose 18th birthday is next week, how's that for forward planning) was on the register but she still had to provide proof of identity to establish that she was eligible to vote on the relevant date.

Her first vote was the referendum. I seriously doubt any vote she makes from here on is going to be anything other than an anti-climax. After all, we were assured that it was a once in a generation thing.
    Quite so. She was a child during the first referendum, and will be an adult during the next one.
  • Options
    LestuhLestuh Posts: 50
    SMukesh said:

Good news for Labour

And also potentially for Ukip, since a good chunk of their vote in the polls comes from people who didn't vote in earlier elections.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    rcs1000 said:

Turn up at the polling station, and see if they let you vote.

• Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    edited April 2015
    FPT Message for Pulpstar

I've put in all the Ashcroft contituency polls and, for those constituencies, used Ashcroft rather than my mathematical calculations. The Ashcroft polls are likely to pick up local effects whereas my method doesn't.

The result is:

Con 268
    Lab 274
    LD 28
    SNP 57
    PC 3
    Grn 1
    UKIP 2

UKIP seems to harm Lab more than Con in some critical seats.

NB Clegg loses Sheffield Hallam and Farage doesn't win Thanet S according to Ashcroft.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    Alistair said:

That would result in a postponed election rather than a win for the biggest tit in British politics.

• Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    Is everything good for labour?
  • Options
    Neil said:

Alistair said:

That would result in a postponed election rather than a win for the biggest tit in British politics.

If I lived in Falkirk, I'd vote for David Coburn.

He'll get more publicity, and every time he opens his gob, it pushes people away from UKIP.
  • Options
    Does anyone think England will have an attack that can take 20 wickets in less than 3 days this time?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    SMukesh said:

Good news for Labour

Depends - 500k go on - but how many haven't.

Meaningless large number..
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2015

rcs1000 said:

There may be a penitential flaw in that plan, n'es pas? :lol:
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

NB Clegg loses Sheffield Hallam and Farage doesn't win Thanet S according to Ashcroft.

Does Mr Clegg create a scene at the count?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Does anyone think England will have an attack that can take 20 wickets in less than 3 days this time?

Well the beard that is feared is back. Should help.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I suspect a % will be those who thought they were registered but hadn't had polling cards by then. I got an email from CCHQ asking me if I was certain to vote - I checked my polling card had arrived before clicking Yes.

Afternoon all.

Must admit the high number does sound a bit odd – I wonder how much was due to panic by existing signees who may not have received their polling cards yet, rather than signing on for the first time.

• Options
    I thought the TV campaign was very good about getting registrations in. The ad agency will be pleased by the late rush to sign up.

rcs1000 said:

There may be a penitential flaw in that plan, n'es pas? :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2015

DavidL said:

I was hoping that Rashid might get a game but Tredwell bowled well and deserves his place too. Drop Broad or Jordan?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Are all the new registrants actually registered now, or is there still some backend processing to be done before they are really registered?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Sounds like no Rashid - which is another in a long line of timid decisions.

Root/Ali/Jordan/Stokes - 4 non specialist bowlers - after a test match where we failed to bowl them out.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

I was hoping that Rashid might get a game but Tredwell bowled well and deserves his place too. Drop Broad or Jordon?
    I think Tredders won't be picked because of either a hand or elbow problem.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Posts: 103
    Lib dems and Labour were pressing very hard for voter registrations on social media the past few days. I'd say they were definitely far more aggressive than Conservatives in their registration push. I was seeing messages every 15 mins at times while the conservatives messages were more sharply focused on highlighting dangers of potential Lab+SNP arrangement.
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    The postal ballot system Labour devised which a judge said would disgrace a banana republic. Can't imagine why these tireless campaigners for social justice and all that is good and pure about this world introduced it.

Wonder what will happen in Blackburn with the % of postal votes.

Surely Labour must worry about their vote being hit both in numbers as well as efficiency.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

I was hoping that Rashid might get a game but Tredwell bowled well and deserves his place too. Drop Broad or Jordon?
    Is the problem his hand doesn't put any spin on the ball ?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

DavidL said:

Root/Ali/Jordan/Stokes - 4 non specialist bowlers - after a test match where we failed to bowl them out.
    Is all a plan to get Moores out and replace him with Jason Gillespie
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,335
    *Betting post*

If you fancy OGH tip on 70%+ turnout you can get 7/2 on Betfair (~4.5 last time I checked, which was yesterday tbf) on the 70-75% turnout band. Turnout only needs to be 70.1% for it to pay out.

DYOR.
  • Options
    Anyone want to give odds on whether there'll be a registration cock up/someone turning up to the poll who "didn't realise they had to register" ?
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942
    edited April 2015

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

If the latter, perhaps Sunil should be co-opted on to the ECB training team....

• Options
    TGOHF said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Is more, he's just got the arm ball.

Says it all, someone who wasn't selected by Kent last year is in our test team.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Norm said:

SMukesh said:

Good news for Labour

Is it? We were told all the late registrations in Scotland were good news for Yes. They weren't.
    Why would that be so clear-cut.given the referendum turned out to be closer than initially seemed,more than likely pro-union voters scared into registering for
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    rcs1000 said:

You'll be registered to vote If you feature on a LibDem bar chart. :smile:

• Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

TGOHF said:

DavidL said:

Is all a plan to get Moores out and replace him with Jason Gillespie
    Scott Borthwick should be the specialist spinner, good bat as well.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Sunil doesn't like cricket.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Anyone want to give odds on whether there'll be a registration cock up/someone turning up to the poll who "didn't realise they had to register" ?

1/100000000000000000
  • Options
    GrimRobGrimRob Posts: 8
    If all these people are not registered doesn't that mean the turnout will be a lot higher this year? Because everyone who wants to vote is on the register?
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    edited April 2015
    trublue said:

Lib dems and Labour were pressing very hard for voter registrations on social media the past few days. I'd say they were definitely far more aggressive than Conservatives in their registration push. I was seeing messages every 15 mins at times while the conservatives messages were more sharply focused on highlighting dangers of potential Lab+SNP arrangement.

Labour are aware that people who don't exist can't vote?

Registration and the voting process should be as complex as possible, keeps the daft and feckless from having an undeserved say. Better yet introduce a literacy test.
  • Options
    I've received good news for the Blues from an impartial source...

"Sir, the Tories have a £15 million advantage over us coming into this election — money they have been pouring into the seats that will decide the result."

Tories seem confident on PBer's Scottish Books too:

With Labour facing wipeout in Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon is already planning how she'll "change the direction" of a weak Miliband government. That would mean chaos for Britain, and we'd all pay for it - SHARE this to get the word out.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited April 2015
    Barnesian said:

FPT Message for Pulpstar

I've put in all the Ashcroft contituency polls and, for those constituencies, used Ashcroft rather than my mathematical calculations. The Ashcroft polls are likely to pick up local effects whereas my method doesn't.

The result is:

Con 268
    Lab 274
    LD 28
    SNP 57
    PC 3
    Grn 1
    UKIP 2

UKIP seems to harm Lab more than Con in some critical seats.

Out of I interest are the two non SNP seats Orkney and Shetland and Dumfries and GallowAy?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Is more, he's just got the arm ball.

Says it all, someone who wasn't selected by Kent last year is in our test team.
    Reaching the point where I'm almost looking for the Windies to win to clear out the captain, coach and selectors before the Ashes.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Pulpstar said:

It will happen and the BBC will get very angry as they did in 2010.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

Ballot papers to "run out" in Dundee East :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    GrimRob said:

If all these people are not registered doesn't that mean the turnout will be a lot higher this year? Because everyone who wants to vote is on the register?

I think it is more that the registers have been cleaned up with lots of people who were either no longer in the UK or had multiple registrations as they moved around disappearing. I really wonder how many of the alleged 7m represent real voters who are still eligible and not on the register in the right place.

But yes, I think OGH's bet on turnout being higher as a result is quite attractive although 70.1% is quite a target.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

I remember the lady who oversaw the election last time though - she was USELESS.

Also had my longest ever queue to vote last GE... and yet turnout was 59.6% in Sheffield Central ?! Work that one out...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Pulpstar said:

I know we shouldn't joke about odds but I'll give you 1/10,000 that SOMEONE turns up at a poling station and is turned away because they are not registered!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I thought Labour got a bigger bung £1m plus from unions in the last week or so?
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/34ed154a-e38c-11e4-b407-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3XwpNaYFG

Labour’s increasing reliance on the unions for finance in the run-up to the general election has been highlighted by new donation data published on Thursday.

The figures show that Unite has given £1m, Unison has donated close to £500,000 and the Communication Workers Union has provided £50,000, out of a total £1.9m.

The money was declared to the Electoral Commission in the first of weekly updates during the month-long “short campaign”.

Labour received by far the most cash for the period in question. The Conservative party revealed £501,850 from 16 private donors while the Liberal Democrats announced just £20,000 and the UK Independence party £35,000.
    Pulpstar said:

I've received good news for the Blues from an impartial source...

"Sir, the Tories have a £15 million advantage over us coming into this election — money they have been pouring into the seats that will decide the result."

Tories seem confident on PBer's Scottish Books too:

With Labour facing wipeout in Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon is already planning how she'll "change the direction" of a weak Miliband government. That would mean chaos for Britain, and we'd all pay for it - SHARE this to get the word out.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Sandpit said:

Pulpstar said:

I know we shouldn't joke about odds but I'll give you 1/10,000 that SOMEONE turns up at a poling station and is turned away because they are not registered!!
    I'll have a Trillion pounds please :o
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Pulpstar said:

tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

I remember the lady who oversaw the election last time though - she was USELESS.

Also had my longest ever queue to vote last GE... and yet turnout was 59.6% in Sheffield Central ?! Work that one out...
    Interesting. Watching on TV I just assumed that a load of students thought it would be funny to turn up late and cause a bit of a stir.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

tlg86 said:

Pulpstar said:

You are far, far too generous in your recollection. Her Quango really should have been the first on the list on the basis that they did not actually achieve anything.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Mortimer said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Mortimer said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Sunil doesn't like cricket.
    Is Golf the only sport more boring than Test Cricket?

*dons flame-proof suit*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    FalseFlag said:

The postal ballot system Labour devised which a judge said would disgrace a banana republic. Can't imagine why these tireless campaigners for social justice and all that is good and pure about this world introduced it.

Wonder what will happen in Blackburn with the % of postal votes.

Surely Labour must worry about their vote being hit both in numbers as well as efficiency.

The highest postal voting in London is in Bromley, that hot bed of revolutionary activity.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Sandpit said:

Pulpstar said:

I'll have a Trillion pounds please :o
    Agreed, subject to the trillion pounds being deposited in escrow before election day.

;)
This discussion has been closed.