Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » To start big debate night Marf gives her take….

SystemSystem Posts: 11,704
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » To start big debate night Marf gives her take….

New Panelbase GB poll has CON & LAB level pegging for 2nd week in a row
CON 33% LAB 33% UKIP 17% LD 7% GRN 5%

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    I'll give the debates a skip.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited April 2015
    FPT...

Mr. Urquhart, thought you might be taking the piss, but the article appears to back you up:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32169080

I am both taking the pi$$ and pointing out what is official policy by the BBC...they will not call any of these attacks "Terrorist attacks".

They spouted some BS about that there isn't an accepted definition of what terrorism is, so they have decided they can't and won't use the term terrorist attack, if they can't work out what is and what isn't a terrorist.

So they people involved are merely a bit militant.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited April 2015
    These Bullingdon wannabees must have been the sort of people Chuka Umunna was trying to avoid when out in London. This is a perfect example of how to not hold a cigar.

https://twitter.com/WikiGuido/status/583575530529759232
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

I'll be watching Masterchef, and will look back in here later. It will be interesting to see the blue team spinning that Cameron won but that he was right to sabotage the debates as they'd give him an unfair advantage.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,900
    Todays PanelBase - EICIPM
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

Never mind the debates. Look what's about to come hurtling over the horizon.

'Greece will go bankrupt in seven days, government officials have told their creditors as the fragile trust between the debtor country and its lenders shows no signs of repairing.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11510976/Trust-frays-in-bail-out-talks-as-Varoufakis-slams-lenders-for-leaking-reforms.html

Never underestimate the EU capacity to fudge it at the last minute.
  • Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    Debates will be dire and forgotten pretty quickly.

But another day down for Ed and another day (so far) without any cock ups.

just over 30 more days like that and he's PM.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Never mind the debates. Look what's about to come hurtling over the horizon.

'Greece will go bankrupt in seven days, government officials have told their creditors as the fragile trust between the debtor country and its lenders shows no signs of repairing.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11510976/Trust-frays-in-bail-out-talks-as-Varoufakis-slams-lenders-for-leaking-reforms.html

Never underestimate the EU capacity to fudge it at the last minute.
    I expect another year of can kicking. I don't know how it will be done but it will. The can has taken quite a beating over the years but there is plenty of life left in it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    MP_SE said:

These Bullingdon wannabees must have been the sort of people Chuka Umunna was trying to avoid when out in London. This is not how to hold your supermarket tobacco counter bought cigar.

It is just like when Ed told us about meeting "normal" folk in his conference speech.

Beatrice Bazell who screamed no opportunities....only for her father to say completely the opposite.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

Scott_P said:

Remember, these people want to run the country...

@SamCoatesTimes: Ed Miliband sends aide to by new shoes for him from Clarks in Manchester City Centre (& she couldn't decide which ) http://t.co/hKMztA6jTU

Outrageous. Clearly they should not be allowed to wear shoes. Such hypocrisy. Or something.

I think we need to know precisely how indecisive EdM's aide was. THE COUNTRY DESERVES TO KNOW THE TRUTH. Did she compare 2 pairs or 3? How long is the right amount of time for someone to ponder a shoe purchase before they become unsuitable to advise a future prime minister? I honestly don't know, but if Mr Coates is tweeting about it, it must be important.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for posting that tweet @Scott_P

I was starting to warm to Ed a bit, but you've planted just enough doubt in my mind to see sense and stick with Dave. I'm sure Dave's aide would never think of buying his shoes from Clarks - and even if they did, they'd walk straight into the shop and pick the most brilliant pair of shoes without even thinking about it.

So yeah, thanks Scott. Keep up the good work - and please do keep posting those tweets.
  • Options
    BaskervilleBaskerville Posts: 391

FPT...

Mr. Urquhart, thought you might be taking the piss, but the article appears to back you up:

I am both taking the pi$$ and pointing out what is official policy by the BBC...they will not call any of these attacks "Terrorist attacks".

They spouted some BS about that there isn't an accepted definition of what terrorism is, so they have decided they can't and won't use the term terrorist attack, if they can't work out what is and what isn't a terrorist.

This has been BBC policy since at least the 80s.
    The IRA were not terrorists to everyone; to some they were freedom fighters. Ergo the BBC would not use the word terrorist, unless as a direct quote.

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Did my ears deceive me or did Faisal Islam just say Sturgeon "would be appealing to Labour voters in northern England"?

How the F*** is that supposed to work, then?
  • Options
    edited April 2015

FPT...

This has been BBC policy since at least the 80s.
    The IRA were not terrorists to everyone; to some they were freedom fighters. Ergo the BBC would not use the word terrorist, unless as a direct quote.

It was BS then, and it is BS now. I seemed to remember the BBC term they used was "dissident".
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited April 2015
    Save time on debate watching by doing this quiz:

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

I am 50% LD; 25% each Green and Labour.
  • Options
    Pong

The problem for the Tories is that they have been infected by ScottP style thinking. So instead of trying to build in a coherent vision of the future that they can sell to the public - they use their airtime on nonsense about buying shoes.

Is it any wonder the Tories are incapable of winning a majority?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited April 2015
    Sky News NewsdeskVerified account
    @SkyNewsBreak
    #Rochdale councillor Shakil #Ahmed who is the father of one of the Britons detained in #Turkey says he thought his son was in Birmingham.

Labour Councillor embarrassed by son?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    MP_SE said:

These Bullingdon wannabees must have been the sort of people Chuka Umunna was trying to avoid when out in London. This is a perfect example of how to not hold a cigar.

Is Shadsy giving odds against smashing up restaurants being debated tonight?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    RodCrosby said:

Did my ears deceive me or did Faisal Islam just say Sturgeon "would be appealing to Labour voters in northern England"?

As follows:

In order to completely kill off the (admittedly feeble) Labour argument that a vote for the SNP is a vote for the Tories, she'll want to maximise the support she gets from south of the border. If she can get left-wing English journalists, pundits and voters to say she came over better than Ed M (which shouldn't be hard), then she'll have a good argument to use in Scotland that a vote for the SNP is a safe vote for Labour voters.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Remember, these people want to run the country...

@SamCoatesTimes: Ed Miliband sends aide to by new shoes for him from Clarks in Manchester City Centre (& she couldn't decide which ) http://t.co/hKMztA6jTU

Outrageous. Clearly they should not be allowed to wear shoes. Such hypocrisy. Or something.

Decadent capitalist Clark's shoes. Ed should be buying standard issue boots directly from the factory.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    RodCrosby said:

Help her win the debate tonight I suppose ;-)
  • Options
    IOS said:

The problem for the Tories is that they have been infected by ScottP style thinking. So instead of trying to build in a coherent vision of the future that they can sell to the public - they use their airtime on nonsense about buying shoes.

Really? How many example of Tories using their airtime on nonsense about buying shoes can you point to?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075

The debates are pointless t*ssery that do nothing other than give media executives nice big hard-ons. Add in the pointless and self-defeating worms, and you have events that utterly debase politics.

And before anyone says, this was my view before the 2010 GE debates. They only reinforced the view.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Detoxify the SNP for wavering SLAB voters. If the SNP come across as a reasonable non-separatist movement that isn't interested in another independence referendum then it will help them hold onto a lot of the 45% and a lot of the tartan Tories who loathe Labour and have nowhere else to go.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883
    The four topics: Economy, Immigration, Health, Britain's place in the world.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dr_spyn said:

@SkyNewsBreak
    #Rochdale councillor Shakil #Ahmed who is the father of one of the Britons detained in #Turkey says he thought his son was in Birmingham.

"are believed to be related and currently live in Rochdale."

So I would presume it is more than just the son of the Councillor? Other relatives to? Were they on work placement as well?

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32165337

BBC updates story with the name of the son, but it appears the BBC don't seem to think it is any part of the story that the Waheed Ahmed is the son of a Labour Party Councillor. Strange that.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

IOS said:

Really? How many example of Tories using their airtime on nonsense about buying shoes can you point to?
    Don't be too harsh. IoS is our precious Labour spin-baby - he's a darling.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

@SkyNewsBreak

The BBC reported the people who were detained as

"UK police are investigating a "family" of nine Britons, including two children under three, suspected of trying to enter Syria illegally from Turkey."

Does this mean they weren't all family? Pretending to be all family? Actually are all family?

Edit: "are believed to be related and currently live in Rochdale."

So I would presume it is more than just the son of the Councillor? Other relatives to? Were they on work placement as well?
    Probably a fact finding tour of vineyards in the Bekkar Valley, there are some good wines to be bought.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

@SkyNewsBreak

The BBC reported the people who were detained as

"UK police are investigating a "family" of nine Britons, including two children under three, suspected of trying to enter Syria illegally from Turkey."

Does this mean they weren't all family? Pretending to be all family? Actually are all family?

Edit: "are believed to be related and currently live in Rochdale."

Probably a fact finding tour of vineyards in the Bekkar Valley, there are some good wines to be bought.
    LOL....Offered by the Islamist Travel Agency, who also offer safari holidays to Kenya.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,977

60% Labour; 40% LibDem. About right.

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002
    Shame tomorrow is Good Friday as I am going out tonight for a beer whereas I would normally be all over a bit of Thursday night political tv..

Especially as..

"I don't need to whip out my wad for it to be true that Farage will not be included in any TV debate as an equal with Cameron, Clegg or Miliband.

I think you should let this one go.

When Farage is not in the debates you can thank me "

Was ScottP's reply to my challenge of a bet on Farage being in the debates last January
  • Options
    No links to councillor mentioned yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32165337
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    JohnO said:

IOS said:

Don't be too harsh. IoS is our precious Labour spin-baby - he's a darling.
    Now I wouldn't say labour are in Dire Straights, but I think he is our Saltan of algorithms.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

2/3 Conservative, 1/3 Lib Dem.

Feels about right :)

(UKIP made a lot of short-lists, but ultimately their proposals were simplistic)
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

No links to councillor mentioned yet.

Nothing to see...move along....just a family on holiday.
  • Options
    I always wanted a pair of Clark's Commandos when I was a lad. Never got them though. They had a compass in the heel if my memory serves me right.
  • Options
    Richard

My point was not that that is what Senior Tories are doing. Rather that their belief of how to win an election has been corrupted. Hence the constant calls for a more positive take on campaigning.

• Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2015
    SKY – “One of the nine Britons detained in Turkey for allegedly trying to cross into Syria is the son of a Labour councillor. […] The five adults, aged 21, 22, 22, 24 and 47, as well as four children aged one, three, eight and 11, are believed to be related and currently live in Rochdale."

WFT - Mr Ahmed’s Easter family gathering is going to be a little smaller this year I'd imagine.
  • Options
    IOS said:

Richard

My point was not that that is what Senior Tories are doing. Rather that their belief of how to win an election has been corrupted. Hence the constant calls for a more positive take on campaigning.

Because Labour's campaign is entirely positive?
  • Options
    Charles

We aren't the governing party!
  • Options

I always wanted a pair of Clark's Commandos when I was a lad. Never got them though. They had a compass in the heel if my memory serves me right.

Is it because your parents were communists like Red Ed and didn't want to buy you decadent Clark's shoes. Ed needs to tell his assistant not to buy anything in Clark's and he should go to the debate barefoot to show solidarity with his comrades or he will be cast out. He must apologise for this dire error of sending his assistant out to buy him new shoes or the election is lost for Labour.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,563
    They don't call them terrorists because it's our national foreign policy for thousands like them to be trained and sent into Syria. To (correctly) classify them as terrorists would be to admit that we are supporting a murderous foreign backed insurgency in Syria, rather than a glorious revolution.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Is it because your parents were communists like Red Ed and didn't want to buy you decadent Clark's shoes. Ed needs to tell his assistant not to buy anything in Clark's and he should go to the debate barefoot to show solidarity with his comrades or he will be cast out. He must apologise for this dire error of sending his assistant out to buy him new shoes or the election is lost for Labour.

I think it was because they were too much money and a bit crap ;-)

Ed's shoe gaffe is, of course, the final nail in his coffin.

• Options
    IOS said:

Charles

We aren't the governing party!

So let's talk about 2010. Was that campaign entirely positive?
  • Options

80/20 UKIP/Con

Interestingly enough, the results from my Constituency, where Cons are big favs, had them in last place of the five!
  • Options
    The fact finding mission to find out which reds go best with Syrian lamb dishes covered by The Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3022769/Syria-bound-Brits-deported.html
  • Options
    Charles

Did we win in 2010?!?
  • Options
    IOS said:

Charles

Did we win in 2010?!?

You did a lot better than expected, certainly.

But I'm interested in your implication that 2010's negativity would have been justified if you had won
  • Options
    Oh dear ...

Two leading executives whose firms appeared to endorse a letter warning of the risks of a Labour government have today distanced themselves from any political endorsement.
    The chief executive of the drugs giant AstraZeneca,and the newly appointed chief executive of Ladbrokes have recanted from signatures from their companies’ executives in the letter which first appeared in the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday.
    The development is embarrassing for the Conservatives, who saw the letter as a way of exposing Labour’s difficulties in attracting the support of big business.
    Pascal Soriot, the chief executive of AstraZeneca, appeared to endorse the letter on Thursday morning. According to the Telegraph, his name was added as part of a second wave of 17 who signed the document praising the government’s economic policies.
    However, Soriot’s office released a brief, corrective statement on Thursday afternoon saying: “My name should not be used in the context of the letter.”
    The Conservatives have said Soriot allowed his name to be published, but asked for his name to be removed this morning, after the letter had already been released.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/02/astrazeneca-and-ladbrokes-withdraw-support-for-pro-tory-election-letter

• Options
    Charles

Labour went into that election knowing that it couldn't win a majority. So it decided to run a scorched earth campaign coupled with a frantic defense. For its stated aim of blocking a Tory majority it was an excellent campaign.

Maybe the Tories are just trying to prevent a Lab majority?
  • Options
    Charles said:

IOS said:

Charles

Did we win in 2010?!?

But I'm interested in your implication that 2010's negativity would have been justified if you had won

All parties go negative. Presumably they feel the ends justifies the means.

• Options

SKY – “One of the nine Britons detained in Turkey for allegedly trying to cross into Syria is the son of a Labour councillor. […] The five adults, aged 21, 22, 22, 24 and 47, as well as four children aged one, three, eight and 11, are believed to be related and currently live in Rochdale."

WFT - Mr Ahmed’s Easter family gathering is going to be a little smaller this year I'd imagine.

I am sure once they have all undergone the 5 day rehabilitation course they will be back in society.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    IOS said:

Charles

Labour went into that election knowing that it couldn't win a majority. So it decided to run a scorched earth campaign ...

Party before Country, as always.
  • Options
    lolandollolandol Posts: 35
    IOS we've got a £50 bet at evens on most seats if you can please confirm? Thanks!
  • Options
    IOS said:

Charles

Labour went into that election knowing that it couldn't win a majority. So it decided to run a scorched earth campaign coupled with a frantic defense. For its stated aim of blocking a Tory majority it was an excellent campaign.

What's your excuse for 2005, then?
  • Options

IOS said:

Charles

Labour went into that election knowing that it couldn't win a majority. So it decided to run a scorched earth campaign ...

Spot on. The only patriotic thing to have done would have been to stand down and not to contest the election. I am continually outraged that any party stands against the Tories. How dare they act against the national interest in that way?

• Options

IOS said:

Charles

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,974
    Charles said:

IOS said:

Charles

Did we win in 2010?!?

I certainly don't think this has been a bad week for the Tories. They seem to have edged ahead of Labour, although they'll obviously have to do better than that.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,010
    I think so, Mr. Observer, but if Rosamund Pike does become Jane Bond doesn't that mean the spy will be a womanising lesbian?
  • Options

IOS said:

Charles

Spot on. The only patriotic thing to have done would have been to stand down and not to contest the election. I am continually outraged that any party stands against the Tories. How dare they act against the national interest in that way?

You'd be happy for the Tories to run a scorched earth campaign too then?
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

I am sure once they have all undergone the 5 day rehabilitation course they will be back in society.
    Their experiences will add diversity and vibrancy to boring old England #freedomfighters
  • Options
    The debate will be like the first corner of an F1 race. You can't win the election there, but you could certainly screw it up.
  • Options

IOS said:

Charles

I think the Tories are no more or less negative than any other party at election time. And I find the constant need to claim moral superiority in what is a dirty game slightly puzzling. All parties do what they accuse their opponents of doing.

• Options
    Mr. Isam, mildly surprised UKIP haven't run a Diversity = Division approach.
  • Options
    isam said:

MP_SE said:

Their experiences will add diversity and vibrancy to boring old England #freedomfighters
    You couldn't make it up.

Sadly, it is only a matter of time before one of these people who have been let off with a slap on their wrist go on to commit a horrific crime against innocent members of the public. What about their human rights?
  • Options

IOS said:

Charles

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

That was one of the silliest campaign slogans I've ever come across. The response it invites is 'Dunno, mate, what are you going on about?'
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

The debate will be like the first corner of an F1 race. You can't win the election there, but you could certainly screw it up.

Which candidate has the best differential front end grip iyho? :)
  • Options
    Southam

I don't see it as a morally superior. Just whether it is working or not.

I argue if they are trying to win a majority then the Tories are being too negative.
  • Options

Like the first day of a test match.

• Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Evening all and an interesting little nugget from Scotland

STV News @STVNews
    Number of registered voters in Scotland falls by more than 145,000 bit.ly/1EL4bq4

Wonder how that will affect SNP v SLAB
  • Options
    lolandlol

Not unless you have a new username.
  • Options
    IOS said:

Southam

I don't see it as a morally superior. Just whether it is working or not.

I argue if they are trying to win a majority then the Tories are being too negative.

I understood the point you were making. And I agree with it to an extent. But on the whole I reckon that the Tories are probably right to believe that Labour weakness is their best hope of winning a majority - or getting close to one.

• Options
    MP_SE said:

isam said:

MP_SE said:

You couldn't make it up.

Sadly, it is only a matter of time before one of these people who have been let off with a slap on their wrist go on to commit a horrific crime against innocent members of the public. What about their human rights?
    Good comeback for Farage if anyone tries to pull about his '5th column' comments
  • Options

IOS said:

Charles

I think the Tories are no more or less negative than any other party at election time. And I find the constant need to claim moral superiority in what is a dirty game slightly puzzling. All parties do what they accuse their opponents of doing.

As far as I'm aware no other party went as far as McBride's sick antics.

But it might be best not to remind you of that story.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,427
    Well, I'm probably committing a cardinal PB sin, but I've decided to go to the pub and miss the whole shooting match and just catch up on the TV catch-up when I get in later.

Go Sturgeon though (purely for betting reasons).
  • Options
    Mr. StClare, to be honest, I'm not sure any of them have a tight enough rear end, let alone enjoying sufficient front end grip.

We'll see if there's an instant pile-up, or if they all make it to the end of the race.

Mr. Jessop, indeed.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    MP_SE said:

When did Labour bag the endorsement of Captain Black of the Mysterons?

"we know that you can hear us, Earth men....."

• Options
    Just watching the UKIP PPB. It seems he is so deluded he thinks he is not part of the political class.

LOL.

Has anyone checked the roads around Manchester for immigrant-induced traffic jams? Perhaps people should top their kids playing in the street in case it delays his cavalcade.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,062

Well, I'm probably committing a cardinal PB sin, but I've decided to go to the pub and miss the whole shooting match and just catch up on the TV catch-up when I get in later.

Go Sturgeon though (purely for betting reasons).

Hurrah. I'm not the only person avoiding it. I might dip in at some point but the whole thing is not whetting my appetite.
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Have we got any General Election programmes from yesteryear on BBC Parliament this weekend?
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Evening all and an interesting little nugget from Scotland

STV News @STVNews
    Number of registered voters in Scotland falls by more than 145,000 bit.ly/1EL4bq4

Wonder how that will affect SNP v SLAB

Panic for Anas Sarwar.

It's wrong anyway as they're using the previous registration not the new Individual Voter registrations.
  • Options
    This guy is so wet behind the ears it is unbelievable.

https://twitter.com/willscobie/status/583599778426036225
  • Options
    Do we know when it gets to the 14 minute "debate" sections, how each person gets to make their point. If it that you have to put your hand up, like if you needed the toilet when you were are primary school?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    MP_SE said:

Pair on glasses...change badge to blue...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39399000/jpg/_39399648_tory_boy203.jpg
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Local candidate for local people.
  • Options
    TV alert:

BBC 4 at 22.00. Building Burma's Death Railway.

Might be of interest to the historians / military fans / railway nuts.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,438
    isam said:

80/20 UKIP/Con

Interestingly enough, the results from my Constituency, where Cons are big favs, had them in last place of the five!
    I got 100% libdem - it's fairly easy to spot which party is which.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Just watching the UKIP PPB. It seems he is so deluded he thinks he is not part of the political class.

LOL.

Has anyone checked the roads around Manchester for immigrant-induced traffic jams? Perhaps people should top their kids playing in the street in case it delays his cavalcade.

So 'not part' of the political class, that he's joining the rest of them in Salford this evening, after clamouring to be included.
  • Options
    lolandollolandol Posts: 35
    IOS same username from 3 or 4 years back I think. definitely had the bet with you. I hardly ever post so should be easy enough to find if someone could advise how to search please!!
  • Options

Do we know when it gets to the 14 minute "debate" sections, how each person gets to make their point. If it that you have to put your hand up, like if you needed the toilet when you were are primary school?

There is an order of play, it was posted on here earlier.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    MaxPB said:

There is an order of play, it was posted on here earlier.
    How long does each person get with there turn in the debate portion?
  • Options
    your avatar says you have only joined in June. But if I made the bet I will honour it - though I am not sure it does.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

As part of my decision on who to vote for at this GE, I've done a survey of the candidate's websites in my constituency to see how they tackle or mention local issues. Perhaps because this is a safe seat, the result is awful. With one exception, the websites are either non-existent (relying on twitter and/or FB), or do not mention local issues.

As an example, the Labour candidate's website is a large bandwidth-hogging page which details his twitter address, email and phone number. Nothing else. And his twitter feed was, until the last few days, just filled with the usual national issue retweets from Labour HQ.

http://dangreef.org.uk/

The Lib Dem seems a nice chap, but his twitter feed has not been updated for months, and his website is so templated that it even has a 'sample page' link.

A suggestion: don't vote for a candidate who cannot even be bothered to create a website detailing their views on the issues that are important in the local community. (Something that Nick Palmer does quite well).
  • Options
    No odds on "Rochdale" being mentioned in debate.
  • Options
    This latest ISIS thing could really damage Labour. Not quite a black swan but it's gonna cost them
    https://twitter.com/PaulTMRetail/status/583692423886462977/photo/1
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    isam said:

Shame tomorrow is Good Friday as I am going out tonight for a beer whereas I would normally be all over a bit of Thursday night political tv..

Especially as..

Was ScottP's reply to my challenge of a bet on Farage being in the debates last January

Wow. Good thing you didn't get all bitter and twisted about it, obsessing for months...

I was wrong.

Enjoy your night.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dair said:

This latest ISIS thing could really damage Labour. Not quite a black swan but it's gonna cost them
    https://twitter.com/PaulTMRetail/status/583692423886462977/photo/1

BBC have just about managed to a drag themselves to headline of "councillor son"....it is like Rotherham all over again...don't mention the L word and when you do only mention it once in a blue moon (for balance and all that).

Given the information releases states they are all "family", I presume it isn't just this guys son who went on an unauthorized field trip.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    One of nine Britons detained in Turkey for allegedly trying to cross illegally into Syria has been named as the son of a Labour councillor.

Well fancy that, and from Rochdale too.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    IOS said:

your avatar says you have only joined in June. But if I made the bet I will honour it - though I am not sure it does.

He might have been signed-up under the previous system. Would need to search on that.

• Options
    Ukip ppb

The party leader setting out his solutions to the problems of the country as he sees them

More straightforward, less spin, more believable than hiring actors etc

Very good
This discussion has been closed.