Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The early turnout figures shows it will be a record breakin

Comments

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    I think Dundee might be the only Yes council.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Dave is in trouble. A big win like this would mean his Vow was completely unnecessary.

Or it helped secure the Union for generations to come...

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969

RobD said:

Alistair Darling for the Order of Merit?

That's like claiming Neville Chamberlain won WWII. Darling very nearly screwed it up and it was the intervention by the three party leaders and Gordon Brown that swung it back.
    True.. getting too excited :')
  • Options
    mjt said:

Dozens of threads; thousands of posts of build up and Yes have capitulated in a way that would make the French army blush.

Looks definitely like Falkirk, 1296 now...
  • Options
    The Nats are taking it well

Andy B Houghton ‏@AndyxCfc1888 1m

@thomasknox @WingsScotland who the fuck are you @thomasknox fucking bellend go and suckle on the queens saggy tit ya prick
  • Options
    That's it in the bag - Clackmannanshire should have been one of Yes' strongest areas.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Dave is in trouble. A big win like this would mean his Vow was completely unnecessary.

LOL!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

The PB Hodges are out in force. Is there any result at all that is not a disaster for Cameron!?!!
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @SkyAnushka: Sources for No say they believe they will win in 'Salmond's backyard' of Aberdeenshire.

That would explain why Eck is not appearing at the count
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    MaxPB said:

The vow is meaningless.

We've already got Boulton / Islam saying they might change the numbers they put into the Barnett formula.

Totally comical.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    @South Observer is an absolute oracle !
  • Options
    Whatever happened to North Lanarkshire...? I thought that was supposed to declare 45 minutes ago...
  • Options
    Anushka Asthana ‏@SkyAnushka 1m

Sources for No say they believe they will win in 'Salmond's backyard' of Aberdeenshire.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Salmond was right about one thing - Scotland will still be using the pound.....
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

MaxPB said:

LOL!
    It's a keeper.

• Options
    AndyJS said:

Yes stalwart Stewart Hosie looked furious when on Sky News just now, although he stupidly claimed Yes were still heading for victory.

One of my favourite things about nights like this is seeing people talking absolute nonsense.

Although claiming you're going to win when you go on to lose is better than conceding defeat then going on to win.
  • Options

@thomasknox @WingsScotland who the fuck are you @thomasknox fucking bellend go and suckle on the queens saggy tit ya prick

Are you sure that's not Sean talking to himself?
  • Options
    Who is this woman on the BBC....?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@SkyAnushka: Sources for No say they believe they will win in 'Salmond's backyard' of Aberdeenshire.

That will sting if true.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    LOL

• Options
    Yes getting less than 45% is now favourite on Betfair. Ouch.
  • Options

This is what SeanT originally posted

sean thomas knox ‏@thomasknox 9m

@WingsScotland YEAH, you could say that, YOU FUCKING SCOTTISH LOSERS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    HAH
  • Options

Lesley Riddoch, journalist
  • Options

You mean the Labour lass? Margaret Curran
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Yes stalwart Stewart Hosie looked furious when on Sky News just now, although he stupidly claimed Yes were still heading for victory.

One of my favourite things about nights like this is seeing people talking absolute nonsense.

Although claiming you're going to win when you go on to lose is better than conceding defeat then going on to win.
    I dont know, Bob Marshall-Andrews carried it off with a certain elan.

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011
    Itv No 53 Yes 47 from both camps in W Lothian, Aberdeenshire No by up to 60%
  • Options

MaxPB said:

LOL!
    This result is great news for both Ed & Dave.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Nationalists concede West Lothian.

Clackmannanshire and WL were both significantly above the average in the 1997 Scottish referendum.
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    If the YES campaign loses, will Salmond resign as first minister ? Might he decide that someone else may be better to negotiate more devolution to Scotland.
  • Options
    @paulhutcheon: Reports Aberdeenshire will go No by as much as 60% #indyref
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    A few words from Robert the Bruce:

"“For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom, for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”"
  • Options
    Just ordered some fish and chips from room service to celebrate the continued existence of the UK.
  • Options
    Is the Clackmannanshire result a tipping point?
  • Options

@WingsScotland YEAH, you could say that, YOU FUCKING SCOTTISH LOSERS. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    HAH
    What a difference 10 days makes.

• Options
    MikeL said:

MaxPB said:

The vow is meaningless.

We've already got Boulton / Islam saying they might change the numbers they put into the Barnett formula.

Totally comical.
    They could simply argue that one should take the asymptotic limit of the Barnett formula.
  • Options
    GBPUSD touched 1.6470 just.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,463
    edited September 2014
    Scott_P said:

Lesley Riddoch, journalist
    That one Sunil... ;)

Thanks. Found that whole holistic movement shtick a bit summer-of-love
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

R5L claim it's to do with fog and he'll turn up at the national result later.
  • Options
    Guys! Guys!

Remember what I said - vote NO, get Ed!

:)
  • Options
    Neil said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    HAH
    What a difference 10 days makes.

I know, the most embarrassing thing is, I lost an indyref bet to SeanT in those ten days.
  • Options

LOL
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Bollocks!! But someone had to go ahead and bite!
    It has been incredible to see the way that the SNP have over taken Labour on the ground in Dundee. A City which was once a classic Scottish Labour heartland, but like so many had been left neglected and taken for granted by the Scottish Labour party. There is no doubt that the SNP have been desperately trying to replicate that success in Glasgow now for nearly a decade.

But the biggest lesson for the Labour party is not just the way they took their grassroots Labour support for granted in this Independence Referendum campaign until almost the end of the campaign. No, their mistakes go back far further than that, and they are the key to the fact that we are even having this divisive debate at all. For too long the Labour party has sat on its arse in Scotland having delivered Devolution, and with it what they thought would be a Labour fiefdom that would defy any political change in Government at Westminster and continue to be a thorn in the side of any future Conservative Westminster Government.

Only one problem, the Scottish Labour continued to send all its best talent to Westminster after they hit Holyrood. The SNP on the other hand, sent all their biggest talent straight back up to Scotland and that Holyrood Parliament. And the rest is history, an SNP minority Government in 2007, and then that stunning SNP majority in at the 2011 Holyrood elections which caused an earthquake in the Scottish Labour party and set the events in motion which have led to this corrosive and divisive Independence Referendum in Scotland and the rest of the UK.

Anyone trying to pin the blame on Cameron within his own party or elsewhere for the fact that it all got a bit Corporeal Jones at the end when the Labour party panicked is being disingenuous. And its interesting that some of the usual suspects that were screaming Cameron had to go if he lost Scotland are the same people now screaming he has to go because he did what he had to make sure that Scotland stayed.

And any Labour supporter on here now trying to claim victory for the Labour party because they finally woke up and got their act together, lets just remember that the Tory vote for a NO was there and solid, as was that of the remaining Libdems. It was the Labour vote up here that only ever in doubt of risking the Union because of the early lack of visibility in the campaign at all. Well done to Jim Murphy and Douglas Alexander for sorting that out and getting their campaign off the ground. And well done to Gordon Brown for that rousing final speech that 'helped' an already committed Coalition team in Better Together in the final lap.
    MaxPB said:

• Options

Guys! Guys!

Tonight, who cares.... seriously?! :D
  • Options

Scott_P said:

R5L claim it's to do with fog and he'll turn up at the national result later.
    It was the fog wot lost it
  • Options
    Back counting in Dundee after the fire alarm.
  • Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    And a great result for Gordon.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    I've just laid off some of my sub 40% bets... Profit taking helps me sleep ☺
  • Options

Is the Clackmannanshire result a tipping point?

More a topping point for Yessers....
  • Options
    SeanT said:

It appears, indeed, that I have annoyed the odd cybernat with some very modest, sober gloating,
    Some Scottish folk are very mild mannered.
  • Options

@rhys199: People of Clackmanashire should be ashamed of themselves, turning down the opportunity for independence you're shitebags not scots #indyref
  • Options
    Cameron should come out of Number 10, and say "Just rejoice at that news, just rejoice!"... heh.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,794
    MaxPB said:

Overeffort, overachieving: slightly embarrassing
    Undereffort, underachieving: utterly lethal

If promising the Scots the kitchen sink will keep them in the union, then I will cheerfully wrap up the kitchen sink in a big pink bow and attach the finest Swiss chocolates. We could have been looking at the destruction of the union, the loss of the UK nuclear deterrent, a crash on the pound, and the ridicule of the civilised world. Instead we got a referendum that was seamlessly democratic, a convincing (cross fingers) reaffirmation of the union, and the ability to cast utter, utter scorn on Putin when next we meet - "this is how you do democracy in the civilized world, bitch." And we didn't have to shoot down one airliner to do it.

• Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @SeanT
    Sober?
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    AndyJS said:

I would still guess that Angus and the Western Isles are likely to go Yes not that it going to matter too much in the overall picture
  • Options
    "Council leader Rhondda Geekie quietly confident of No vote"

now we should only discover which council Rhondda leads...oh, it's East Dunbartonshire
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@rhys199: People of Clackmanashire should be ashamed of themselves, turning down the opportunity for independence you're shitebags not scots #indyref

Young Rhys is going to have to add a lot of council areas to his list of traitors. And ultimately the Scottish people as a whole.

• Options
    Good point by Marr just now. What may have just been MOE noise in the infamous 51-49 YouGov poll really hurt the Yes campaign
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Looks like my 60 - 40 prediction for no might e d up being on the low side, you might even say conservative.
  • Options
    @jameschappers: Scottish Conservative leader @RuthDavidsonMSP on the lead for No: 'It could be double digits.' #indyref
  • Options
    RobD said:

Cameron should come out of Number 10, and say "Just rejoice at that news, just rejoice!"... heh.

Dave is no Maggie T :)
  • Options
    Which are the final polls for the purposes of the Survation/Yougov match bets btw ?>
  • Options
    hunchman said:

GBPUSD touched 1.6470 just.

i.e. More than 2c up on 24hrs ago.
  • Options
    Saltire said:

AndyJS said:

I would still guess that Angus and the Western Isles are likely to go Yes not that it going to matter too much in the overall picture
    I hope so, I had a tenner on the Western Isles as the highest Yes area.

Glad I had a nap earlier.

• Options
    Will Cameron be inviting Brown around for a tipple or two to celebrate ?

I think Brown did not get involved until later, because Cameron did not want him to. They hate each other.
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    hucks67 said:

If the YES campaign loses, will Salmond resign as first minister ? Might he decide that someone else may be better to negotiate more devolution to Scotland.

He has already stepped down once before. I think he is likely to stay on until the GE in 2015 but may well step down before the next Scottish one.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040

Guys! Guys!

And a good thing too. Get rid of this wretched divisive Tory led government.
  • Options
    Does my fellow spurs victim, southam now have a worse record than Eddie izzard???
  • Options
    The Clackmannanshire result is a great result for Yes.

Only an out of touch, Tory BritNat, fop would think it is a bad result for Yes.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Sky: woman removed by Police for videoing the count in Glasgow...
  • Options
    Salmond is Scargill and Galtieri rolled into one. Tory landslide.
  • Options
    GBPUSD 1.6490.

West Lothian 47% yes - not good enough for Yes.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@jameschappers: Scottish Conservative leader @RuthDavidsonMSP on the lead for No: 'It could be double digits.' #indyref

Ruth Davidson comes out of this looking good.
  • Options
    @RobDotHutton: The YES camp listened to the Clackmannanshire result in silence. Some had their heads in their hands. #indyref
  • Options
    alexalex Posts: 244
    SNP source - West Lothian 45% yes 53% no. Failure to add up to 100 might explain a few things... ;)
  • Options
    ItajaiItajai Posts: 721
    Apart from malcolmg, where our are s-nat posters?

A better guide than (non-existent) exit polls?
  • Options
    Stirling turnout 90.1%
  • Options

Does my fellow spurs victim, southam now have a worse record than Eddie izzard???

The crown is being taken from Roger as we speak.

• Options
    Saltire said:

hucks67 said:

He has already stepped down once before. I think he is likely to stay on until the GE in 2015 but may well step down before the next Scottish one.
    I think it depends on the result. I may be wrong, but given the high expectations it was 'close', if the losing margin is significant it may be spun as a big embarrassment.
  • Options

RobD said:

Dave is no Maggie T :)
    Heh.

let's hope the Queen gets a chance to "reorganise the Union [into a federal structure] for a safe and secure society" by signing royal assent on a new act of union! :')
  • Options
    The only pointers for May 2015 are that Dave bested Salmond, supposedly the most loved politician these fair isles have ever produced - whilst Ed Miliband had to be hidden from view when people mocked him in a raucous way....
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    No looks likely to win? Well there's a turnip for the books?
  • Options
    East Renfrewshire 90.4%
  • Options
    Note: high (nearly 90%) turnout in Clackmannanshire. Yet a large No majority.

Another theory banjaxed.
  • Options

The Clackmannanshire result is a great result for Yes.

Only an out of touch, Tory BritNat, fop would think it is a bad result for Yes.

Well done for resisting that urge so long.
  • Options
    Itajai said:

If I had been involved in this election I would be either drunk or collapsed asleep by now. (Far more likely to be the former, nothing like being the drunkest person at the count.)

• Options
    Glasgow turnout 75%
  • Options
    ItajaiItajai Posts: 721
    And we didn't have to shoot down one airliner to do it.

Yep. UKR did it. So now no one cares.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Glasgow 75%
  • Options

Glasgow turnout 75%

Yesers sitting on their hands?
  • Options
    Sweet baby Jesus, turnout is shite (is relatively speaking) in the areas yes expected to do well.
  • Options
    alexalex Posts: 244
    BBC Scotland starting to get a little feisty now that they have all basically accepted No have won...
  • Options
    Starting to look like Yes will do well to breach 45%
  • Options
    Itajai said:

We have to assume Stuart is topping up on the 80 available on Betfair right now...
  • Options
    Where are all the nationalists ?
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    Take the effort to register and then don't bother to go vote..very strange
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Another disappointing turnout for Yes, just 75% in Glasgow.
  • Options
    Glasgow "bad for Labour".The working class looks to have rejected Labour.Labour neo-liberalism,cuts and job losses don't taste any different from the Tory variety and Tony Blair sad "They've got nowhere else to go".In the process Labour lost working class support and trust as the sect of cryto-Stalinist authoritarian marketisers that took control lined their own pockets.
    Jim Murphy has done well.Hard to see him being referred to one of the 4 horsemen of the acopocolips.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Smarmeron said:

@SeanT
    Sober?

Nah. Totally drunk. Don't care. End of months of tension. Just venting now.

My country - which I love, Scotland and England, Wales and Ulster - was imperilled.
    Part of Ulster was split off nearly 100 years ago!
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,779
    So with Glasgow 75% should 80-85% be favourite? 85-90% still favourite at the moment.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,463
    edited September 2014
    Oh good, Andrew and Polly on the BBC!
This discussion has been closed.