Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

If only Sunak had waited a fortnight? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,753

Disappointing but Spain are a class team. England outperformed expectations by getting to the final tbh.

Kane's England days are over imo.

They started the tournament as favourites and had the easiest draw possible to get to the final.
    Favourites in the U.K. betting market, I assume you mean?
    No.

According to Opta's probability rating, England have a 44.7% chance of winning Euro 2024.

And favourites with US bookmarkers...
    https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/40447138/euro-2024-odds-england-betting-favorites-knockout-stage-group

And University of Liverpool's prediction model had England getting to the final.
    University of Liverpools prediction model !!!! WTF is that! I think thats called odds compiling
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,212
    HYUFD said:

I notice the King of Spain is in the trophy presentation team along with the Prince of Wales but the King of England (and the UK) is not.

I have never seen Charles at a football match ever, although he sent the obligatory good luck message I expect he couldn't care less who wins and didn't even watch it and has been eating organic asparagus and drinking Pimms and reading in his garden in Highgrove

Has your account been hacked?

He's undergoing cancer treatment, isn't he? And you want him to fly to Berlin?
  • TweedledeeTweedledee Posts: 1,405
    That song: point one the n+30 years of hurt sounds more precious and ridiculous as n increases, point 2 it suggests ingerland have home advantage so makes them look even more useless than they are.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,471

sarissa said:

I presume I’m one of the few PBers with a winning match bet tonight?

Me too - Spain for the win and correct score…
    I had Spain to be the winners from the start.

• LeonLeon Posts: 53,260
    OK enough football. Let's get back to my much important daily schedule of chores
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,869
    Taz said:

Spain may have won the soccer but at least we’ve got their Madri beer,

As Spanish as an all day breakfast in Benidorm.
  • londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,601
    kinabalu said:

Andy_JS said:

Most surprising thing is that we got it back to 1-1 after being behind.

And so close to equalising again. Sick as a parrot - but that making finals of major tournaments now feels like failure shows how things have improved.
    I remember old days when getting to QFs was the maximum expectation and all we got

Last 4 tournaments SF F QF F so it's a bit better!

GN all
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 121,036

HYUFD said:

I notice the King of Spain is in the trophy presentation team along with the Prince of Wales but the King of England (and the UK) is not.

I have never seen Charles at a football match ever, although he sent the obligatory good luck message I expect he couldn't care less who wins and didn't even watch it and has been eating organic asparagus and drinking Pimms and reading in his garden in Highgrove

He has got cancer you idiot.
    Didn't stop him attending Trooping the Colour or hosting the Emperor of Japan and he is opening Parliament next week
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 26,227
    So should Jack Grealish have been in the team ?

How much did Phil Foden achieve ?
  • carnforthcarnforth Posts: 4,281

HYUFD said:

Total fiction.

The asparagus season is over.
    Why is imported asparagus so tasteless? The stuff is mostly flown in from Peru, not stuck on boats for days, so why can't it be as good as the in-season stuff here?
  • Tim_in_RuislipTim_in_Ruislip Posts: 401
    edited July 14
    Taz said:

Ain't that fake Spanish?

Dreamt up in some marketing dept as the best ranking *Exotic* name to slap on a generic larger.

We Brits are idiots, turns out.
    HYUFD said:

why should the King pretend to be interested in football if he isn't? Football dominates other sports anyway
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,212
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Didn't stop him attending Trooping the Colour or hosting the Emperor of Japan and he is opening Parliament next week
    Trooping the Colour and hosting the Emperor are both WFH.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,366

Disappointing but Spain are a class team. England outperformed expectations by getting to the final tbh.

They started the tournament as favourites and had the easiest draw possible to get to the final.
    No.

According to Opta's probability rating, England have a 44.7% chance of winning Euro 2024.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/40447138/euro-2024-odds-england-betting-favorites-knockout-stage-group

And University of Liverpool's prediction model had England getting to the final.
    University of Liverpools prediction model !!!! WTF is that! I think thats called odds compiling
    A model built by researchers from the University of Liverpool's Management School.
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 27,103

Sadly Kane has had one tournament too many. Looked totally off the pace all tournament.
    Kane did look knackered, agreed, but how much of that is constantly having to drop back to find the ball? Wayne Rooney was the same towards the end with no service into the box. Trouble is we have never really replaced David Beckham for getting the ball from our half to theirs.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 62,027
    HYUFD said:

I am not a great fan of Charles but he has cancer and is under treatment

An unnecessary and unkind remark

No.

A model built by researchers from the University of Liverpool's Management School.
    just ask Ladbrokes
  • glwglw Posts: 9,799
    Well at least we can stop pretending we have enjoyed watching England play during the tournament. I can't deny Southgate has a good record in tournaments, but it has not really felt like the team have clicked bar a few moments in the knockout rounds.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 34,379
    carnforth said:

HYUFD said:

Total fiction.

The asparagus season is over.
    Why is imported asparagus so tasteless? The stuff is mostly flown in from Peru, not stuck on boats for days, so why can't it be as good as the in-season stuff here?
    Probably over-watered to grow quickly in relative warmth.

Also the flavour of asparagus deteriorates quickly as soon at it's cut imo. Best option is to grow your own.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

He thinks soccer is a ghastly game for proletarian wankers

Il n'a pas tort à mon avis
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,621

Taz said:

It’s Madrid without the D

A gutbuster all day breakfast and a pint of Madri in Benidorm is as Spanish as it gets
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 27,103

No.

Yes, it is an old-fashioned view that England are overbet at home. These days, football betting is worldwide and often heavily driven by algorithms.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,361
    edited July 14
    The King isn't a big fan of sport except for polo. Don't think I've ever seen him at a cricket match either, or Wimbledon.
    Leon said:

OK enough football. Let's get back to my much important daily schedule of chores

You failed to inform us of the number of wanks.

Taz said:

Ain't that fake Spanish?

Dreamt up in some marketing dept as the best ranking *Exotic* name to slap on a generic larger.

Created in 2020.

Brewed in Tadcaster.
  • ManOfGwentManOfGwent Posts: 52
    HYUFD said:

There hasn't been a King/Queen of England since 1707...
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,621

Taz said:

Ain't that fake Spanish?

I believe Spaniards fly jn just to drink it. It’s that good.

I’m more an IPA kind of guy.
    edited July 14

That song: point one the n+30 years of hurt sounds more precious and ridiculous as n increases, point 2 it suggests ingerland have home advantage so makes them look even more useless than they are.

It's gonna be difficult when it inevitably goes into three figures and multiple syllables

"Thirty years of hurt" etc etc. That's fine. "Eighty years of hurt" sounds a bit weird, needy and desperate, but at least it scans

"Four hundred and sixty years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming" sounds completely insane, surreally comic, and simply doesn't scan
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,366
    edited July 14
    Basically all the Spanish lagers are "fake", in fact most foreign brands these days e.g. San Miguel is from the Philippines. Madri is Carling Black Label.

All branded beers are now owned by basically 3 companies, really 2, and either fake brand or "brewed under licence" i.e. nought like the genuine stuff after the likes of AB InBev have got their mitts on cost engineering it.

Taz said:

Ain't that fake Spanish?

Madric another label!!!
    Taz said:

Taz said:

A gutbuster all day breakfast and a pint of Madri in Benidorm is as Spanish as it gets
    A rival brewer should bring out Barcelon lager.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 11,517
    Well I watched that at the Southwold rugby club which was a little boisterous to put it mildly.

@leon I enjoyed our discussion even if it did bore the pants off everyone else. You have both a passion and a real skill that you could utilise. Go for it. I have a friend who is an ex ITN and Sky reporter and he does just that.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    Is Big Sam

So should Jack Grealish have been in the team ?

How much did Phil Foden achieve ?

Grealish has been injured this season, and hasn't had his best season at Citeh, (as of course has Kane). I would have had Grealish in my squad, not least for his attitude, but Gareth thinks he's a shit winger, anyway Gareth likes to play everyone out of position, so he'd probably have come on as left back.
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 7,908
    HYUFD said:

Frankly that sounds lovely and relatable
    kjh said:

Well I watched that at the Southwold rugby club which was a little boisterous to put it mildly.

@leon I enjoyed our discussion even if it did bore the pants off everyone else. You have both a passion and a real skill that you could utilise. Go for it. I have a friend who is an ex ITN and Sky reporter and he does just that.

Volunteer job suggestions for Leon everyone ? Errmm Anger management coordinator?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,609
    Leon said:

It's gonna be difficult when it inevitably goes into three figures and multiple syllables

"Thirty years of hurt" etc etc. That's fine. "Eighty years of hurt" sounds a bit weird, needy and desperate, but at least it scans

"Four hundred and sixty years of hurt, never stopped me dreaming" sounds completely insane, surreally comic, and simply doesn't scan
    Skinner and Baddiel were in their 30s when that song first came out, so "30 years" covered the period since their childhood. It doesn't really work once it starts spanning generations.
    Leon said:

After 30 years its best to pretend we dont give a chit - less shame then . We have managed it with Eurovision so why not football?
  • Tim_in_RuislipTim_in_Ruislip Posts: 401
    edited July 14

Leon said:

Skinner and Baddiel were in their 30s when that song first came out, so "30 years" covered the period since their childhood. It doesn't really work once it starts spanning generations.
    Erm.....?????

Surely the 30 years was Euro 96, back to '66?

In fairness, I remember some kid in my primary school arguing furiously with me that the lyrics weren't the obvious "Jewels remain still gleaming" and were instead something weird and French.

I only realised a few years ago, he was actually right....!

Leon said:

Also, it claims that the four years when England were reigning world champions were years of hurt. Which is daft.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 34,379
    edited July 14

Leon said:

Erm.....?????
    It's @williamglenn, don't expect salient facts to figure.
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 5,172
    Leon said:

In the FIFA rankings England were fourth behind only France and Belgium (of European teams), at the outset of the tournament. So England being ONE of the favourites is entirely fair, but maybe not THE favourites, but after the draw then yes they were even bigger faves

Given the depth of talent, Southgate should have won something in his seventy trillion years of managing the side, but in the end, he just hasn't got it

I'm not sure what "it" is. Some kind of life-career version of "noom". It's a bit more than "luck", it's a weird human quality which turns talent into success. We need a word for it. And it is not just "luck"
    I hope we don't wind up seeing Southgate in 10-20 years time as some sort of golden age, as we did after Robson.

It is tough to win tournaments with so many other capable teams, one winner, 23 losers of which at least half a dozen are pretty much as good as you, but somehow, somehow we need a better return on this purple patch before it inevitably dissipates.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,505

Taz said:

Taz said:

Or Arselona.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,742

sarissa said:

I presume I’m one of the few PBers with a winning match bet tonight?

Nope I made £25 on Spain and won the sweepstake at work.
    I bet on Spain after their opening match at 7.8
    edited July 14

Leon said:

A fair and, in the light of recent geopolitical events (Ukraine, Trump, Gaza etc) an important question

I had THREE wanks in one day three days ago, it was one of those weird days, I discovered a cool new video on Xvideos; I had two wanks two days ago, yet just one yesterday (into some old socks) and I had NONE today. I don't know why

How is everybody else's wanking? It's something we rarely get into on PB because it comes to close to the endless fate of Scot Nats I guess, but maybe this is the right time, as we take a pause from global events and the sports

eg I find I mix my visual wanking material between photos and videos of exes, and pro porn, about 50/50. What does everyone else do?

Taz said:

Taz said:

Or Arselona.
    A laga
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,742

kjh said:

Volunteer job suggestions for Leon everyone ? Errmm Anger management coordinator?
    Lighthouse keeper.
    edited July 14

HYUFD said:

Has your account been hacked?

He's undergoing cancer treatment, isn't he? And you want him to fly to Berlin?
    No I didn't, the Prince of Wales was fine to go (even if the King of Spain went). Just pointing out the King clearly has sod all interest in football, as I said has anyone ever seen him at a football match other than the odd FA cup final when he was Prince of Wales he had to attend to give out the trophy?
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 27,694
    Pro_Rata said:

Taz said:

Taz said:

Or Arselona.
    A laga
    Palealeicante

*Ah, my coat.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,609

Leon said:

Erm.....?????

In fairness, I remember some kid in my primary school arguing furiously with me that the lyrics weren't the obvious "Jewels remain still gleaming" and were instead something weird and French.

Yes, the 30 years was from 96 to 66 but the point is that they were both alive in 1966 so the premise wasn't that our lack of success had caused some kind of intergenerational trauma.
    edited July 14

HYUFD said:

I am not a great fan of Charles but he has cancer and is under treatment

An unnecessary and unkind remark
    It was nothing of the kind, anyway half the country hates football too

Leon said:

Erm.....?????

Yes, the 30 years was from 96 to 66 but the point is that they were both alive in 1966 so the premise wasn't that our lack of success had caused some kind of intergenerational trauma.
    And the thirty years of hurt shouldn't have started until either 1968 or 1970.
    edited July 14
    Leon said:

Leon said:

A fair and, in the light of recent geopolitical events (Ukraine, Trump, Gaza etc) an important question

I had THREE wanks in one day three days ago, it was one of those weird days, I discovered a cool new video on Xvideos; I had two wanks two days ago, yet just one yesterday (into some old socks) and I had NONE today. I don't know why

How is everybody else's wanking? It's something we rarely get into on PB because it comes to close to the endless fate of Scot Nats I guess, but maybe this is the right time, as we take a pause from global events and the sports

eg I find I mix my visual wanking material between photos and videos of exes, and pro porn, about 50/50. What does everyone else do?
    Why has this important question been flagged? We need to honestly address these politically salient issues
    Come on, if they can put period gush anxiety on the side of buses, sane and sober analysis of male leisure activities needn't be flagged need it?

(Although give it an.... 5 minutes, and we all might wish to call time)
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,910

Leon said:

Also, it claims that the four years when England were reigning world champions were years of hurt. Which is daft.
    I think the hurt started a year later when England lost to Scotland and the Scots became world champions (in their heads).
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,229
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Seriously. what humourless c*nt flagged this. I am trying to cheer the nation, and this is funny. Twats
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,776
    Leon said:

Should I live to see that, I shan’t complain.
  • sbjme19sbjme19 Posts: 194
    Andy_JS said:

The King isn't a big fan of sport except for polo. Don't think I've ever seen him at a cricket match either, or Wimbledon.

How shocking. He should abdicate immediately.
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight
    Who flagged this? You know. We all need to know. This is good comedy material and I'm gving it away free, so I've earned the right to know what prissy tiny-cocked fuckwit thought they would righteously flag this
    One hesitates to predict the reaction had they been airing Radiohead.

My mum is at end of life with Alzheimer’s, 99% non-verbal, but Coldplay just came on the radio and she looked me in the eye and said “turn it off”.
    https://x.com/PierreJouet/status/1812132893423964165

Taz said:

Taz said:

Or Arselona.
    Alaga would be pretty descriptive
  • Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Seriously. what humourless c*nt flagged this. I am trying to cheer the nation, and this is funny. Twats
    Just remember not to put that old sock on in the morning.
    edited July 14
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon - Be careful - you only get so much- why not try volunteering for a charity like the Greens or Lib Dems instead of playing with yourself?
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight
    Who flagged this? You know. We all need to know. This is good comedy material and I'm gving it away free, so I've earned the right to know what prissy tiny-cocked fuckwit thought they would righteously flag this
    It was flagged no fewer than six times. Which is a record.

Congratulations. Have a cigar.
    Good feux d artifice in Brest. Bastille day, the regicide pigs.
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,813
    Taz said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Suddenly trending in the UK: "sack Southgate"

lol

Pretty sure he’ll be resigning.
    How many times can you LOSE. He's a LOSER

I don't care if he "has a great record". He LOSES because he's a LOSER

He has phenomenal players and probably the 2nd best squad behind France. He's lost, AGAIN

His big chance was the last euros, and his timidity cost us, this time we lucked out due to an incredibly easy draw, we were never that good

F off Gareth, and take your stupid waistcoat with you

OTOH I am relatively serene. I think this has happened so often in my life, I've stopped especially caring
    Exactly.

We are simply excusing mediocrity.

A gallant loser is a loser. Keep doing what you’ve always done and you’ll,keep,getting what you’ve always got.
    I don't know. Looking at it dispassionately, England weren't mediocre: truly mediocre sides do not get as far as finals in major tournaments. They fought hard, had a bit of luck, scrapped for their wins, turned out to be hard for a lot of sides to beat. They were actually quite good, in a winning ugly kind of a way. They just weren't good enough.

Since we had another Spanish win this afternoon, at Wimbledon, let's borrow an analogy from tennis. There are plenty of really strong, gifted players on the men's tour, yet you can count the number of active players with major victories on the fingers of two hands, and on only one hand when you discount those who are in the twilight of their careers and soon to retire. I'm not even sure that Djokovic has another left in him, I think he might have entered the Late Era Serena phase. Anyway, the point being that, you've a whole collection of genuinely capable players who will earn a lot of money and accumulate tour titles, whilst the same cast of elite characters will keep on winning all the slams. Because the upper second tier competitors are never going to be quite good enough to get past two or three of the four or five top guys that they're probably going to have to upset back-to-back in order to get their hands on a major championship.

Essentially, the likes of Sinner, Alcaraz, Djokovic, Medvedev occupy the roles of Italy, Spain, Germany, France in the analogy. The likes of the English and Dutch are operating around the Hurkacz and Dimitrov level. Very good, but simply not good enough at the very top of the game, and unlikely ever to be so.

If you're in the upper second rank and you want to win a major tournament then you need, all at once, to be better than your own peers and for things to go seriously wrong for anyone you come up against who is better than you are. England had plenty of good fortune in that tournament, both against their fellow second stringers and with the better sides tripping over their own shoelaces and thus removing themselves to the opposite half of the draw. Then they encountered Spain playing at about 50% of their best and got beat. They managed to make the score look respectable and even took the third set tie break off Carlos, but he won anyway. We hoped that things might be different this time, but deep down we knew that they wouldn't. He was always going to win, wasn't he?

That's a summary of England. Doing their best, getting to the latter stages of a lot of the big tournaments, but highly unlikely ever to win them. Good, not great, hence the story always has the same ending.
  • StereodogStereodog Posts: 570
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Is there a toilet paper shortage in whatever part of France you’re currently in? I’ve never understood the socks thing, it just creates more laundry.
  • Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon - Be careful - you only get so much- why not try volunteering for a charity like the Greens or Lib Dems instead of playing with yourself?
    While there are arguably not many less worthy things you can do than playing with yourself, you have managed to name two of them.
    edited July 14
    Andy_JS said:

Camilla probably watched the womens' tennis final with a few fags, though yes I doubt the King bothered to watch that either. A night at the theatre or the opera is more his thing, as well as polo he has done a bit of sailing and showjumping but that is about as far as his interest in sport goes
    Nigelb said:

My mum is at end of life with Alzheimer’s, 99% non-verbal, but Coldplay just came on the radio and she looked me in the eye and said “turn it off”.

https://youtu.be/5-ManI1H9vA?si=zYKzd8KQEesP6WoP
  • The_WoodpeckerThe_Woodpecker Posts: 447
    Taz said:

Taz said:

Madrid (almost) without the D is the local pronunciation of Madrid.
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight

HAHAHAHAHA

I feel superbly vindicated

For the record, if the Office of Budgetary Responsibility is reading, I find I often switch - mid-wank - between photos and videos of ex girlfriends, and professional porn, then I'll suddenly think Shit no, I want to look at my ex wife being spanked by a lesbian domme for the actual moment, so I go back to that. Are many PB-ers similar? I have a feeling @Big_G_NorthWales is on my wavelength here
  • rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight

What already? He only posted it 10 mins ago.

Never mind. Heres an old song by Doc Cox of Thats Life fame to take everyones mind off it.

He liked using different pseudomyms too.

https://youtu.be/b4OITfVktqg?feature=shared
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight

HAHAHAHAHA

For the record, if the Office of Budgetary Responsibility is reading, I find I often switch - mid-wank - between photos and videos of ex girlfriends, and professional porn, then I'll suddenly think Shit no, I want to look at my ex wife being spanked by a lesbian domme for the actual moment, so I go back to that. Are many PB-ers similar? I have a feeling @Big_G_NorthWales is on my wavelength here
    Ever thought of writing a bonkbuster?
    Stereodog said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Is there a toilet paper shortage in whatever part of France you’re currently in? I’ve never understood the socks thing, it just creates more laundry.
    Not if they're already destined for the wash, also they generally frequent the bed area, don't they?

It's not like I go on London buses and think Fuck I need a wank and I reach into a rucksack and find an old sock and toss into that as I pass Archway, that's what @TimS does, as he happily admits, and good luck to him, frankly
    I notice Bill Clinton has posted he and Hillary are grateful Trump is safe, Hillary has tweeted nothing about it

https://x.com/BillClinton/status/1812278745144959045
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,813
    Pro_Rata said:

Leon said:

In the FIFA rankings England were fourth behind only France and Belgium (of European teams), at the outset of the tournament. So England being ONE of the favourites is entirely fair, but maybe not THE favourites, but after the draw then yes they were even bigger faves

Given the depth of talent, Southgate should have won something in his seventy trillion years of managing the side, but in the end, he just hasn't got it

I'm not sure what "it" is. Some kind of life-career version of "noom". It's a bit more than "luck", it's a weird human quality which turns talent into success. We need a word for it. And it is not just "luck"
    I hope we don't wind up seeing Southgate in 10-20 years time as some sort of golden age, as we did after Robson.

It is tough to win tournaments with so many other capable teams, one winner, 23 losers of which at least half a dozen are pretty much as good as you, but somehow, somehow we need a better return on this purple patch before it inevitably dissipates.
    You stand to be disappointed. England are a quarter final-level outfit currently outperforming their finite capabilities. The only way is down.
    HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Camilla probably watched the womens' tennis final with a few fags, though yes I doubt the King bothered to watch that either. A night at the theatre or the opera is more his thing, as well as polo he has done a bit of sailing and showjumping but that is about as far as his interest in sport goes
    Why would the fags be watching the women?

I don't think he has done any show-jumping.
  • Leon said:

What have you done?

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight

What already? He only posted it 10 mins ago.

Never mind. Heres an old song by Doc Cox of Thats Life fame to take everyones mind off it.

He liked using different pseudomyms too.

https://youtu.be/b4OITfVktqg?feature=shared
    I did once walk past a pub in Dartford with my now wife and his Ivor Biggun persona was playing that live.
    edited July 14
    O/T

Someone on here said the other day that there's only one LD MP from an ethnic minority, but I don't think that's right because the MPs for Eastbourne and Twickenham are both from EMs. (There may be others).
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,910
    pigeon said:

Pro_Rata said:

Leon said:

You stand to be disappointed. England are a quarter final-level outfit currently outperforming their finite capabilities. The only way is down.
    You’re Welsh, aren’t you? Still predicting every England defeat?
    HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

We don't use that term any more because it's offensive. There are many alternatives available.

Leon said:

What have you done?
    Fair play to Leon, he didn't hold back in his reply.

• FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,553
    Can anyone explain the need for an anti social behaviour dispersal order in Westminster this evening?
    edited July 14

Can anyone explain the need for an anti social behaviour dispersal order in Westminster this evening?

Fear of bad behaviour if England lost the football match, as a guess.

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Why would the fags be watching the women?

I don't think he has done any show-jumping.
    He has, at the Royal Windsor Show in 1979

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a60682567/king-charles-surprise-appearance-royal-windsor-horse-show-2024-photos/

Coz too many England fans are daft twats, sadly.
  • Can anyone explain the need for an anti social behaviour dispersal order in Westminster this evening?

Have you seen Leons posts upthread?
  • rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

We don't use that term any more because it's offensive. There are many alternatives available.
    Someone forgot to tell the Pope.
  • TimSTimS Posts: 12,119
    Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Not if they're already destined for the wash, also they generally frequent the bed area, don't they?

It's not like I go on London buses and think Fuck I need a wank and I reach into a rucksack and find an old sock and toss into that as I pass Archway, that's what @TimS does, as he happily admits, and good luck to him, frankly
    I live South of the river, rarely go anywhere near Archway.
  • EScrymgeourEScrymgeour Posts: 136

Will be used in towns and cities all over England tonight.
    "A full day after the shooting, the gunman's motive was still a mystery"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/trump-injured-fine-after-apparent-assassination-attempt-leaves-111926257

Maybe I'm being stupid, but surely the motive is 99.9% likely to be that he didn't like Donald Trump? (I suppose it could be that he wanted to start a civil war in the United States and wasn't particularly bothered about Trump one way or the other).
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

https://youtu.be/5-ManI1H9vA?si=zYKzd8KQEesP6WoP
    Not sure why the comments say brilliant acting ?
  • FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,762

Pro_Rata said:

Taz said:

Taz said:

Or Arselona.
    A laga
    Palealeicante

*Ah, my coat.
    Ma lager
    edited July 14
    HYUFD said:

I notice Bill Clinton has posted he and Hillary are grateful Trump is safe, Hillary has tweeted nothing about it

https://x.com/BillClinton/status/1812278745144959045

The woman who wouldn't give a concession speech is graceless? Who knew.
  • FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,762
    Andy_JS said:

O/T

Someone on here said the other day that there's only one LD MP from an ethnic minority, but I don't think that's right because the MPs for Eastbourne and Twickenham are both from EMs. (There may be others).

All the Scottish Lib Dem MPs are Scots AFAIK. Does that count?
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,553
    No fan parks in central London either. Any other cities doing this?

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Someone forgot to tell the Pope.
    Given his more liberal views on homosexuality, I find that hard to believe.
    edited July 14
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Lightweight

HAHAHAHAHA

I had no idea dom took gendered endings.

Edit: perhaps you should go https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domme,_Dordogne
This discussion has been closed.